Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Town Win]

Play the current mountainous game here!
- Only mountainous, all roles vanilla and all mechanics standard
- Any number of players in theory (probably fewer in practice)
- Short-to-moderate cycle lengths (e.g., no longer than 72 hour cycle)
- Themed if host feels like it

Moderators: Hustle Host, Game Facilitators

Who is struggle

Poll ended at Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:00 pm

Caitlin
No votes
Lain
No votes
Pyxxy
50%
Mod/Soec/Host
50%

Total votes: 4
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Aka: 0Ix, Phone0Ix

Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Caitlin »

Eh have it some.thought and I think Killjoy over Numbers since I'm probs just biased by being annoyed by Numbers early on into the game

Consider my vote on Killjoy but its L1 rn
Hey, I'm Caitlin. I've been playing mafia since 2018 and I mostly like setups that have 13-17 players and don't have that much power roles. I live in the Netherlands and I study economics & business economics :)

Also on MU my name is 0Ix, if you have seen me there
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

I'll vote in ~80 mins when I get home
Hey, I'm Caitlin. I've been playing mafia since 2018 and I mostly like setups that have 13-17 players and don't have that much power roles. I live in the Netherlands and I study economics & business economics :)

Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

Well L1 alert then

Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

[VOTE: Killjoy] aubergine

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 68

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: lain] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
lain
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by lain »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 pm [VOTE: LAIN] aubergine
why?
Caitlin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:41 am Lain why is Numbers town?
they give me the impression that they're being level-headed & trying to benefit town. i haven't seen them say anything that seemed off. the reads they gave seem well thought-out and like they weren't holding anything back w/ them / being deceptive. they haven't tried to take the heat off of anyone that i've noticed. and they seem willing to throw suspicion on kj, falcon, and roxy & i would be surprised if none of them were scum.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 93
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

OldManMog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:39 pm I'm not gonna do a reads list because most of the list is probably like "fuck if I know?"
Currently I'm most suspicious of KJ and Falcon. KJ for the push on storm. Early game I feel like that is probably crutch, they are both from the same home forum. But I explained why I could see scum!KJ sticking that landing. I also feel like they are a touch defensive about my switch yesterday, trying to cast it in a disparaging light because it happened late day. Except it was reactionary to the other late day votes that were thrown, specifically storm's silent self vote. Falcon, I feel, is just nicely paired with KJ. While I wouldn't say falcon has hard defended KJ, they have been trying to sow doubt on the idea of a maf KJ and throwing shade on Caitlin who was actively voting KJ most of D1. Given KJ hasn't really done anything to land themselves on the upper echelons of a reads list, this seems notable.
My tinfoil pick is Roxy though. With the tinfoil being mafs!Roxy inquired into everybody's connections in order to off the player most likely to be widely readable for town. KJ/Falcon team seems much more plausible though.

I'd probably top deck Caitlin currently on town side. I'm basing that on one game meta. Believe it.
For your tinfoil to be true it would mean I lied and have played with all of you.

I haven't though.
I've only played with Pyxxy, falcon and Caitlyn.

I would have no way of knowing if anyone new to me was being "widely town readable" after 3 pages of a D 1.
If I was bad I would have killed Pyxxy or falcon.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

lain wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 am reading back, ragnarokio voted roxy d1 and was killed. roxy's posts after me and caitlin voted for falcon were clearly trying to take the heat off of them, but ig that could be town behavior as well if she thought they were also town. to me, falcon/killjoy and falcon/roxy both seem plausible.
They voted me bc I hadn't posted.

I am not a nub player (been playing since 2009 I think) , it would be a level zero game play if I had killed them. I'm town though.

My posts regarding Caitlin and falcon were bc I thought it was t v t and the thread was stagnating.
Which I stated quite clearly.

I feel like someone is trying to plant an oak tree over me.....

Still comfy with my vote.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 pm [VOTE: lain] aubergine
Anything else to add?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

The @pyxxy disappearance had me all :eye: :eye:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

*has

Gotta play alphabet with Ariya.
Done for today.
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

lain wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 pm [VOTE: LAIN] aubergine
why?
Caitlin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:41 am Lain why is Numbers town?
they give me the impression that they're being level-headed & trying to benefit town. i haven't seen them say anything that seemed off. the reads they gave seem well thought-out and like they weren't holding anything back w/ them / being deceptive. they haven't tried to take the heat off of anyone that i've noticed. and they seem willing to throw suspicion on kj, falcon, and roxy & i would be surprised if none of them were scum.

I think you're Maf
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
OldManMog
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Numbers

Post by OldManMog »

Roxy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:18 pm
OldManMog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:39 pm I'm not gonna do a reads list because most of the list is probably like "fuck if I know?"
Currently I'm most suspicious of KJ and Falcon. KJ for the push on storm. Early game I feel like that is probably crutch, they are both from the same home forum. But I explained why I could see scum!KJ sticking that landing. I also feel like they are a touch defensive about my switch yesterday, trying to cast it in a disparaging light because it happened late day. Except it was reactionary to the other late day votes that were thrown, specifically storm's silent self vote. Falcon, I feel, is just nicely paired with KJ. While I wouldn't say falcon has hard defended KJ, they have been trying to sow doubt on the idea of a maf KJ and throwing shade on Caitlin who was actively voting KJ most of D1. Given KJ hasn't really done anything to land themselves on the upper echelons of a reads list, this seems notable.
My tinfoil pick is Roxy though. With the tinfoil being mafs!Roxy inquired into everybody's connections in order to off the player most likely to be widely readable for town. KJ/Falcon team seems much more plausible though.

I'd probably top deck Caitlin currently on town side. I'm basing that on one game meta. Believe it.
For your tinfoil to be true it would mean I lied and have played with all of you.

I haven't though.
I've only played with Pyxxy, falcon and Caitlyn.

I would have no way of knowing if anyone new to me was being "widely town readable" after 3 pages of a D 1.
If I was bad I would have killed Pyxxy or falcon.
I just meant that Rag, having the most connections to other players, would be capable of being found town by the greatest number of people through respective shared experience. That wouldn't really require you to have experience with everybody else, just a willingness to ask who has experience with who. It's a tin foil for a reason though, for sure.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S~V~S »

Locked per the lovely host. She will post when she’s out of work.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 23

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Killjoy is dead!

"Coming up next time on Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia,
You've found the mirror card and taken back control of it. The tricky bugger was reflecting the neighborhood and confusing passersby. But now YOU control the mirror. Only one more card to find."

Killjoy was Mafia

Night ends at 5pm CST tomorrow

Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 23

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Numbers is dead he was Yue and was town

My image hosting site is down so no image

"Coming up on Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia,
The world is crumbling the guardian of the cards Yue is dead. There's nobody left to protect the cards. To shield Sakura. To protect the world. You must stop the cards before its too late. Time to hunt down Struggle."

Hammer is enabled if hammer is reach cease posting

With 5 alive hammer is 3

Day starts shortly.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
falcon45ca

Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day 3]

Post by falcon45ca »

Alright, looks like my reads are crap
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@pyxxy I feel you've done less and less since the game began

What are your reads right now?
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:22 pm @pyxxy I feel you've done less and less since the game began

heyyo
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

sorry for disappearing it's march madness and that's pretty much all I care about rn

I haven't read so, no reads? right now I flipped through the last two pages for the results from the poll but all I know is the flips

I'm pretty much fine sheeping you and caitlin to victory. unless you were both not voting killjoy, then that would be awkward, I guess
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I guess you saying your reads are crap is a big hint about not voting killjoy
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

idk you seem town I'm not really bothered by it

I don't quite get why you're not dead but not voting killjoy would factor into that

with mog dying it does make me still wonder if lain is scum killing all familiar people but that read has not evolved at all. at all. I almost feel bad saying it but it's what I've got. tomorrow and sunday are more days full of basketball
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:22 pm @pyxxy I feel you've done less and less since the game began

Pyx never responded to my inquiry about you. Also no elaboration on reads after I asked last round.

What be your thoughts about Pyxxy?
Do you feel the same about lain? Caitlin? Me?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@Caitlin where is your read regarding this elim?
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:25 am

Pyx never responded to my inquiry about you. Also no elaboration on reads after I asked last round.

What be your thoughts about Pyxxy?
Do you feel the same about lain? Caitlin? Me?

Pyxxy is my main sus as of now

Tho I'll need to do sum reading

If I had to rank yourself, lain & Cait from towniest to scummiest it would be

You

Cait

Lain
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

But since my reads have been pretty crap this game...

Perhaps the order should be inverted
falcon45ca

Re: Cardcaptor Sakura Mafia [Day 1]

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:48 am
Killjoy262 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:15 pm Caitlyn seems towney from her push on my meddy first post, the maj I'm mixxed on and Storms late post regarding my RSV seems really wolf.
how did it "seem wolfy"?

Which post was it that made you feel this way?

Tbh your whole style is setting of major baddie alarms for me.

What specifically set off baddie alarms for you?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:32 am
Killjoy262 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:15 pm Caitlyn seems towney from her push on my meddy first post, the maj I'm mixxed on and Storms late post regarding my RSV seems really wolf.
how did it "seem wolfy"?

It was their rsv on Storm, the vibe was wonky. Then begging for a second vote from another player during rsv. That was the alarm, eye brow arch etc. When Kill returned to the thread they ignored all of my posts asking for a response.

You defended it d 1 and 2 tho.
And you haven't been responding to other questions I've posed.

For me it goes from bad towards town:

Caitlin
falcon
lain
Pyxxy

Lain moved up towards town with their posts yesterday, Pyx moved down towards baddie bc they have ignored me and my questions.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Up in my post I said it goes from bad to town and my list is town at the top, bad at the bottom
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@Caitlin and @lain please give your thoughts and where you see your vote going and why.

@pyxxy I give up. I get bb but they will show highlights and scores later :p
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:49 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:32 am
how did it "seem wolfy"?

It was their rsv on Storm, the vibe was wonky. Then begging for a second vote from another player during rsv. That was the alarm, eye brow arch etc. When Kill returned to the thread they ignored all of my posts asking for a response.

You defended it d 1 and 2 tho.
And you haven't been responding to other questions I've posed.

For me it goes from bad towards town:

Caitlin
falcon
lain
Pyxxy

Lain moved up towards town with their posts yesterday, Pyx moved down towards baddie bc they have ignored me and my questions.

Sorry, what other questions have I not responded to? It's unintentional
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Does killjoy gives reads on & list both teammates in the same post?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:18 pm

I wanted your thoughts on lain and Pyxxy.
And Caitlyn, now.

What do you mean here when writing this Kill post?
;)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:18 pm

I wanted your thoughts on lain and Pyxxy.
And Caitlyn, now.

What do you mean here when writing this Kill post?

Pyxxy is trending down for me due to lack of activity and solve energy when he's here

Cait pushing KJ since like the beginning of time makes town, & Lain voted for KJ at a time when they could've easily voted my slot, so that's town too

It's between yourself & pyxxy for me
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

And it's my thinking out loud re: KJ post
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:09 am sorry for disappearing it's march madness and that's pretty much all I care about rn

I haven't read so, no reads? right now I flipped through the last two pages for the results from the poll but all I know is the flips

I'm pretty much fine sheeping you and caitlin to victory. unless you were both not voting killjoy, then that would be awkward, I guess
I voted Killjoy both days

Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:12 am with mog dying it does make me still wonder if lain is scum killing all familiar people but that read has not evolved at all. at all. I almost feel bad saying it but it's what I've got. tomorrow and sunday are more days full of basketball
Mog & Killjoy were p clearly TvS, so that couldve been attributed to it

Me and Mog also were the only two to vote Mog both days

Why Mog over me is unsure though

lain

Post by lain »

Roxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:53 pm @Caitlin and @lain please give your thoughts and where you see your vote going and why.
it's probably between pyxxy and falcon for me. you being scum only really made sense to me if falcon also was. i don't think its Caitlin bcs she pushed killjoy from the start.
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

Roxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:31 am @Caitlin where is your read regarding this elim?
I cant check the VC but iirc me & Lain both voted right with Mog and, so I'm inclined to say Lain is town

I recall you & Falcon not voting right, and well Pyxxy iirc didnt vote anyone

Pyxxy's entrance does feel uninformed to me but Ig even mafia could've not known the VC lol, but I'd go you & Falcon first I think

Since you feel townier, I'm at Falcon > You > Pyxxy > Lain

@Roxy

lain

Post by lain »

Caitlin wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:25 pm Why Mog over me is unsure though
maybe bcs mog was pushing falcon, and irrc you seemed to think they were town?
Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

Roxy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:53 pm @Caitlin and @lain please give your thoughts and where you see your vote going and why.

@pyxxy I give up. I get bb but they will show highlights and scores later :p
Probably Falcon

We have two days, so in an ideal world we eliminate two of you/Falcon/Pyxxy, and then we should've hit the mafia

Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

lain wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:29 pm
Caitlin wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:25 pm Why Mog over me is unsure though
maybe bcs mog was pushing falcon, and irrc you seemed to think they were town?
Nah, I had Falcon as most likely mafia after Mog & Killjoy, but I had them as TvS

I had Roxy > Pyxxy > You > Falcon > Killjoy > Mog as my reads on D2, but eventually I voted Killjoy over Mog anyway cuz Idk that just felt right

Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

Ig you would kill me > Numbers
Roxy would kill Numbers > me
Falcon it's hard to say, I clashed w him but Numbers was more actively pushing him
Pyxxy, neither of us was pushing there, but I was more active so I'd lean killing me > Numbers

Once again says Roxy or Falcon and otherwise Pyxxy, lol

Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

Well to make my Miss happy I will vote

Caitlin
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Caitlin »

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine

pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

I've been prodded
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

sorry roxy for not responding
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

what I'm getting here is mog died because was counterwagon to killjoy?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

but I agree in that shouldn't caitlin have died instead

my reads now are you all seem towny and putting in effort *shrugs*
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

just double checking no one has a votecount for yesterday? or did I miss it being posted

Return to “The Hustle”