The Mafia Championship - Season 11

Come join us for fun events and site-wide votes, such as our annual Socky Awards, the much anticipated Mafia Job queue polls, and more!

Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

The Mafia Championship - Season 11

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Click here for information on Mafia Universe

It's just about that time. The Champs tournament will begin in about one month, so we should begin thinking about who will be our representative. Here are some basic setup details:

- 5x5 Matrix with moderate power role influence (similar to a typical Syndicate Heist)
- Semi-open setup
- 15 players per game, 12 vs. 3
- 125 post cap per day phase, cap lifted one hour prior to end of day
- Majority enabled starting on Day 2, otherwise plurality voting

Tournament structure:

- Qualifier round, semifinal round, finale round
- Advancement to semifinals determined by both player voting and a jury of Season 10's finalists
- Advancement to finale is determined exclusively by player voting
- The overall tournament champions are now the winning team of the finale instead of a single player by vote. (this is new)

Click here to revisit the achievements of previous Syndicate representatives

Nomination and voting:

- You may nominate yourself if you're interested in participating.
- You may nominate any other Syndicate user in this thread (please use the mention feature).
- If you are nominated, you may accept or decline. Nobody should feel any pressure to participate.
- After a little while we will determine, based on accepted nominations, how to proceed. Most likely we will hold a private vote.
- All Syndicate representatives are subject to staff review. The single most important factor we are concerned with is the good will, respect, and ambassadorship that our representative will display on Mafia Universe (and in the spectator chat). We stand the right to deny a representative based on moderation history or any other factors we deem important.
- We will select one representative and one backup.

Nominated

Scotty - declined
JaggedJimmyJay - declined
Delta - tentatively accepted
Thunal33 - declined
juliets - declined
Master Radishes - declined
nutella - declined
dunya - declined
Seanzie
DrWilgy - accepted only if nobody else wants it
Nanook - declined
falcon45ca - accepted
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: The Mafia Championship - Season 11

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hereby nominate @Scotty
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syn »

I nominate YaggedYimmyYay @JaggedJimmyJay

ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appreciate that. I will consider it. :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I just want to say a few words about @Scotty as a nominee I fully endorse.

I've specced all but a few early champs tournaments and our representatives have always been exemplary w/r/t good will and respect for other players and hosts, and have served as great ambassadors for our site. Scotty would be another amazing rep in that vein and as an added benefit he's a great player! Scotty's sense of humor, kindness and caring about others comes across in every game he plays or hosts. He shows respect for others in every situation and is always able to find something good to say about other players or spectators in spec chats no matter what.

I think I speak for all Syndicaters who spec the champs tourney when I say I would be so proud to root him on in champs spec chat. People don't remember as much about who "won" champs as they do about how people played the game and what that says about the community they came from and I think Scotty would represent to others we are a community where people respect and care for each other.

(This does not mean by the way that I wouldn't also endorse @JaggedJimmyJay who is highly respected and beloved by the entire Champs community. He is an exemplary representative for the Syndicate at all times in all circumstances.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Epignosis »

My nominee is @Delta.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Delta is unambiguously good people. Image

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:10 pm Delta is unambiguously good people. Image
"Delta is unambiguously good people."

"Delta is unambiguously good, people."

Which is it?

Both.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Both are appropriate. I intended the former.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would like to nom @Thunal33 . I'm a big fan.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 is unambiguously good people. Image

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 am Both are appropriate. I intended the former.
Yep. Hence the spoiler. :biggrin:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Delta would be a great rep. He played last year and was a fan favorite. I believe he also won an MU Community award for outstanding contributions to their community which shows you what good people he is, proving Jay's point!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thunal! Also a great person to represent us! She's a great player and a model member of the community in terms of respecting all others and kindness towards others. I'm so glad SVS thought to nominate her, I totally support this nomination.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Master Radishes »

All good choices. Unambiguously good, even.

I think Scotty is a particularly good rep as someone who hasn't gone before (I think?) and who embodies all that is good about the Syndicate.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I am once again nominating @juliets
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

I really appreciate the nom, but I don't think I'll be able to put in the time commitment this year.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 8

Post by nutella »

Goooooooo Scottyyyyyyyyyy
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 am I just want to say a few words about @Scotty as a nominee I fully endorse.

I've specced all but a few early champs tournaments and our representatives have always been exemplary w/r/t good will and respect for other players and hosts, and have served as great ambassadors for our site. Scotty would be another amazing rep in that vein and as an added benefit he's a great player! Scotty's sense of humor, kindness and caring about others comes across in every game he plays or hosts. He shows respect for others in every situation and is always able to find something good to say about other players or spectators in spec chats no matter what.

I think I speak for all Syndicaters who spec the champs tourney when I say I would be so proud to root him on in champs spec chat. People don't remember as much about who "won" champs as they do about how people played the game and what that says about the community they came from and I think Scotty would represent to others we are a community where people respect and care for each other.

(This does not mean by the way that I wouldn't also endorse @JaggedJimmyJay who is highly respected and beloved by the entire Champs community. He is an exemplary representative for the Syndicate at all times in all circumstances.)
:faint: Holy cow Juliets, that’s so nice of you to say!

I mean damn, I really don’t think I have the time. I never have the time that I feel this kind of thing deserves, and especially now. I really can’t commit due to some real life pressures I’m dealing with :(

There are so many good players on this site that I know would do this site so well though :)))
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hereby nominate @Master Radishes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hereby nominate @nutella for the great revenge tour.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Everyone that has been nominated thus far are good cookies!!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
katze
:joy_cat:
Preferred Pronouns: any

Post by katze »

is @dunya eligable because if so i nom her
😹
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:13 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 am I just want to say a few words about @Scotty as a nominee I fully endorse.

:faint: Holy cow Juliets, that’s so nice of you to say!

I mean damn, I really don’t think I have the time. I never have the time that I feel this kind of thing deserves, and especially now. I really can’t commit due to some real life pressures I’m dealing with :(

There are so many good players on this site that I know would do this site so well though :)))

aw :( :( :(
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 pm I hereby nominate @nutella for the great revenge tour.
ehhh prolly not
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

can we get a 2023 MVP @Seanzie in the running !!!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:00 pm I hereby nominate @Master Radishes.
Appreciate the nom. I'll not officially accept nor decline yet, but I'm likely leaning towards 'decline' due to personal reasons and the plethora of more-than-suitable other nominees.

For example...
nutella wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 pm I hereby nominate @nutella for the great revenge tour.
ehhh prolly not
Come ooonnnnn!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

katze wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:56 am is @dunya eligable because if so i nom her
thanks <3 i appreciate you doing this every year and maybe next year will be my year!!! :p but not this year, too much travel and life planned for the second half of 2024 for me.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

pasting official invite pretend im lissa

INVITATION TO THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP (SEASON 11)

Ahoy there! :)

I’m very excited to invite your community to participate in Season 11 of the Mafia Championship.

The Mafia Championship is an annual forum-based tournament series that pits representatives from various online Mafia (aka Werewolf) communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia players. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and be their “Champion”.

The tournament first started back in 2013. Since then, 380+ different communities and 50+ different nationalities have been represented.

It’s a super fun event that has created many new friendships and close bonds between communities. I hope that you would be interested in taking part :)

1. DO YOU ACCEPT THE INVITATION?

If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to Lissa or Arapocalypse as soon as you can to ensure yourselves a spot. Currently, the plan is to accommodate 120 communities this season. If there is further interest, additional communities may sign up as substitutes; generally there are some replacements needed both before and during games.

If your community agrees to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 20th, but the sooner the better.

The games will take place on Mafia Universe. If it’s okay, I can link directly to the general discussion thread regarding this topic on Mafia Universe.

Important notes
  • You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
  • In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
  • Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 600-700 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis!
2. SEASON 11 FORMAT

The tournament structure
  • 120 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
  • QUALIFIERS: 8 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
  • SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 8 will select 27 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
  • THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the winning team will receive the title of Season 11 Champions and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia. Players will also vote for additional awards including Best Team Player and Best Sportsmanship.
The qualifier games will be played using the Matrix Mayhem 5x5 setup (see below for more details), and the semifinal/finale games will be played using a different setup(s). The semifinal/finale setup(s) will be finalized around the end of June, for which the candidate setups are detailed here.

This year’s qualifier setup: Matrix Mayhem 5x5
[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH]A[/TH] [TH]B[/TH] [TH]C[/TH] [TH]D[/TH] [TH]E[/TH] [/TR] [TR] [TH]1[/TH] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town 3-shot Tracker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia 2-shot Tracker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][COLOR=#008000][B]Town Motion Detector[/B][/COLOR][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town Odd Night Doctor[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Roleblocker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH]2[/TH] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia 2-shot Watcher[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town 3-shot Tracker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town Inventor (1x Track, 1x Roleblock)[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Roleblocker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town Odd Night Doctor[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH]3[/TH] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town JOAT (1x Track, 1x Doctor, 1x Roleblock)[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Roleblocker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town Even Night Jailkeeper[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][COLOR=#008000][B]Town Motion Detector[/B][/COLOR][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Odd Night Role Cop[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH]4[/TH] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Roleblocker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town Inventor (1x Track, 1x Roleblock)[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Goon[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town 3-shot Roleblocker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#008000]Town Even Night Jailkeeper[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH]5[/TH] [TD][COLOR=#008000][B]Town Odd Night Doctor[/B][/COLOR][/TD] [TD][COLOR=#008000][B]Town 3-shot Roleblocker[/B][/COLOR][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Roleblocker[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Mafia Goon[/COLOR][/B][/TD] [TD][COLOR=#008000][B]Town JOAT (1x Track, 1x Doctor, 1x Roleblock)[/B][/COLOR][/TD] [/TR]
The setup is determined by randomly selecting one row or column from the above matrix, and then adding 9 Vanilla Townies and 1 Mafia Goon. This will always result in 12 Town members (3 of which are Power Roles) and 3 Mafia members (1 or 2 of which are Power Roles).
  • For example, if Column A was randomly selected, the setup would be a Town 3-shot Tracker, Town JOAT, Town Odd Night Doctor, 9 Vanilla Townies, Mafia 2-shot Watcher, Mafia Roleblocker, and Mafia Goon.

Mafia flips will only reveal the alignment of the Mafia player, whereas Town flips will reveal the full role of the Town player.
The following roles are non-consecutive (cannot target the same player 2 nights in a row): Town 3-shot Roleblocker and Town Inventor (1x Track, 1x Roleblock).

Each of the Town JOAT's abilities may only be used once throughout the game.

Some alterations may be made to this setup before qualifiers start, but they will be minor if any.

Relevant mechanics info
- Day start.
- Majority elimination will not be enabled during day 1 and is not required at any point for the elimination. Starting on Day 2 and until MYLO/LYLO, majority will be enabled at 12 hours after SoD (in 36/12s and 48/24s) OR at 24 hours after SoD (in 72/24s). MYLO/LYLOs are exceptions, during which majority will be enabled immediately.
- Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
- No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
- Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
- Thread is locked during Night Phases.
- Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
- Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
- Mafia may communicate at any time.
- Each individual player may make a maximum of 125 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 1 hour before day end).
- The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

3. SEASON 11 TIMELINE

There will be 8 Qualifier Games, and your representative plays in just one of these. They will have start dates ranging from the end of April to mid-June. So in other words, as long as your representative can play sometime during that period, they should be good and I’ll make sure they get scheduled into a game that suits their schedule well. I.e. if your rep is busy until June, that isn’t a problem.

The Semifinal Games will be played in July/August, and the Finale Game sometime in August/September (whenever we can work out something that suits everyone).

If you want to get in contact with us ASAP, you can reach us on Discord at lissa2 (Lissa#8083) or Arapocalypse (Arapocalypse#0834).

Kind regards,
Lissa
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh the table formatting didnt work lmao rip
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

well it can be viewed in the mu post jay linked but just for convenience

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We should get cooking here to determine who's actually repping. I will contact everyone that hasn't declined and see if we can get some affirmations.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:50 pm I am once again nominating @juliets
Aww that's so nice of you but I don't play anymore so have to decline. I'm a rabid spectator tho! Are you the HC Realms nominee this year?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@nutella did they give us a due date for nominees to be made official? Sorry if it's included in Lissa's wall. I shuffled around looking through it but am in a hurry.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm so sad @Scotty and @Thunal33 and @nutella and @dunya declined.

But wait! Did Nutella really decline? All I saw was "eh prolly not". Thats not a "no" and a Revenge Tour would be amazing.

I would push on you @Master Radishes but I'm empathetic to personal life issues not making possible.

However, if ya'll are really out, I'm pushing @JaggedJimmyJay and @Seanzie. As I said before, Jay is a rock star in the Champs world. Not only is he super-skilled but I can't think of one person in that whole tournament arena over the years who has had an unkind word to say about Jay. He reps what's important in our community, respect for others at all times. After Jay plays a champs game we always get people who played with him or specced him and come to play here.

I recently said in a spec chat for one of our games here that I thought Seanzie would be an excellent Champs rep for us. He's an excellent player, doesn't get all worked up if someone says things in a game that would piss most people off, he just rolls with the punches, stays calm and uses his energy trying to solve or win the game for his faction. I think he would be a great rep for us, play with excellence and treat people with respect.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:14 pm @nutella did they give us a due date for nominees to be made official? Sorry if it's included in Lissa's wall. I shuffled around looking through it but am in a hurry.
April 20th
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh that’s way longer than expected.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appreciate the kind words @juliets. I am still weighing my own availability, as the May-June period could end up trouble for me -- end of semester workload, academic conference, and a trip to New Zealand.

But I'm thinking about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

I think I'll just have to be good to myself and decline, as fun as Champs is. I'm not on top of my game in the slightest, there are better 'Syndicate' reps available, and most of all I'm going to be hella busy in June onwards.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Understandable, MR. Same on basically all fronts, minus the official decline.

What if everyone declines! Maybe I'll just call on a student myself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Delta
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

Appreciate the nomination, I really didnt expect it considering I didnt think I'd been around enough to be considered a good representative of the Syndicate so I'm honoured :D

Tentative accept for now but not 100%, still on the fence about it a bit ;;'
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Delta wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am Appreciate the nomination, I really didnt expect it considering I didnt think I'd been around enough to be considered a good representative of the Syndicate so I'm honoured :D

Tentative accept for now but not 100%, still on the fence about it a bit ;;'
Welcome to the hivemind. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I'll also tentatively accept my nomination. I'll see where we land with the others and make a final call. But for now... okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I nom @DrWilgy
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I nominate @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 🥰
Gro-oo-ovy
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:42 pm I nominate @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 🥰
I have to decline, but thank you ❤️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Unfortunately I am going to need to decline after all. I am encountering some health issues that demand more attention, and competitive Mafia could be a problem.

But our existing candidates would all be awesome. We’re lucky to have so many good ones. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

I nominate the dirty bird who consistently ranks at the top of the Syndicate's win record: @falcon45ca
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:37 am I nominate the dirty bird who consistently ranks at the top of the Syndicate's win record: @falcon45ca

I'd love to rep TS at Champs, I accept
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

juliets wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:50 pm I am once again nominating @juliets
Aww that's so nice of you but I don't play anymore so have to decline. I'm a rabid spectator tho! Are you the HC Realms nominee this year?
I think Tony wants it and it’s his turn. Plus I think I’m technically ineligible for missing the one HCRealms game I signed up for earlier this year since I don’t check the site often enough and the host happened to not be on discord to contact me otherwise. That’s been fixed but yeah, not me this year.

I (and I believe Tony) would step aside for the chance to let any non-MTS regular, non-MU regular Realmser have a try at champs but if nobody is interested, there’s a good chance I rep them next year.

Return to “Events”