Kagemusha (ENDGAME)

Play the current classic game here!
- Maximum of 17 players
- Maximum of 5 non-vanilla roles
- Required cycles of 48 (e.g., 24/24) or 72 hours (e.g., 48/24)

Moderators: Game Facilitators, Heist Host

Who killed the fake daimyō?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:00 pm

falcon45ca
No votes
Epignosis
50%
LoRab
20%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Long Con
No votes
sig
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
A thief who stole some coins (host/spec)
30%

Total votes: 10
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Kagemusha (ENDGAME)

Post by leetic »

Players:
1. falcon45ca
2. Epignosis
3. ☆Princess Abigail☆ – Oyunokata, died D1, Takeda Clan
4. DrWilgy - Takeda Katsuyori, died N2, Takeda Clan
5. LoRab
6. Scotty – Naitō Masatoyo, died N1, Takeda Clan
7. TonyStarkPrime
8. Long Con
9. sig
10. JaggedJimmyJay
11. Abigail Sophia – Died D2, thief actually Takeda Shingen, Takeda Clan
12. motobot - Died N3, Kagemusha, independent survivor turned Takeda Clan
13. Simon - Takeda Nobukado, died D3, Takeda Clan

The setup revolves around two roles: Takeda Shingen and the Kagemusha. The Kagemusha starts out as an independent survivor and has BTSC with Shingen. If Shingen dies, he will flip as the Kagemusha instead, and the Kagemusha will convert to town and inherit all of Shingen's powers. However, if the Kagemusha dies afterwards, or three day/night cycles pass after Shingen's death, the ruse will be revealed and the Oda clan will be able to nightkill two people per night.

1. Phases update at 10:00 EST (2:00 UTC). Days are 48 hours long, while nights are 24 hours long.
2. Ties are not resolved randomly.
3. No screenshotting/quoting role PMs/host communications, no angleshooting, no weaponizing the host, no openly playing against win condition, basically all of that standard stuff.
4. There are no elements that I would define as bastard (aside from the possible fake flip, which can be easily anticipated).
5. If you have any questions, ask the host privately; I will provide a public answer if I feel it is warranted.
6. A minimum of 5 game-related (up to the host's discretion, although I am lenient as to what is considered game-related) posts are required each day phase or I will sub you out.
7. Nameclaiming/flavor claiming is banned. All other claiming (e.g. role claiming) is allowed.
8. The two main factions are the Takeda Clan (town) and the Oda Clan (wolves). There may or may not be other factions.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Re: Kagemusha (D1)

Post by leetic »

In the Kai province, Takeda Shingen's forces catch a petty thief who was trying to steal some coins. However, after noticing that the thief bore a strong resemblance to the daimyō, it was decided to leave the thief alive to use as a body double. Meanwhile, after Nobunaga's victory in the Battle of Anegawa, he had his sights set on the Takeda clan on his next step to his conquest of Japan. It was clear that a major battle was brewing and one that could have a massive effect on history.

It is now D1. I'll let it start early as I'm unsure if I'll be able to start it in time otherwise but the phase ends on its usual time of 22 March 2024 10:00 PM EST.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

@falcon45ca
@Epignosis
@☆Princess Abigail☆
@DrWilgy
@LoRab
@Scotty
@TonyStarkPrime
@Long Con
@sig
@JaggedJimmyJay
@Abigail Sophia
@motobot
@Simon
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 116

Post by falcon45ca »

I AM TOWN!

Timeline? TIMELINE? This is no time to argue about time...we don't have the time
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I AM TOWN!

And at work. See y’all soon.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 199
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I refuse to reveal information about my identity or role
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:50 pm I AM TOWN!

And at work. See y’all soon.

AHHHHH, I GOT YOU!

JJJ doin' my thang, love it

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:51 pm I refuse to reveal information about my identity or role

I know one way to find out

[VOTE: [VOTE: TonyStarkMegatron] aubergine] aubergine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 1

Post by S~V~S »

Hi folks!

I’ll be your mod for this game.

This is a game; everyone should have fun. If you find yourself stressing or getting frustrated, don’t take it to the thread; take it to me. Please show respect, and treat others as you would wish to be treated.

I can be reached on site here via PM, or on discord at svs2147.

An additional note for this game ~ we have a few under 18 players this game, so try to keep it PG13. Thanks :cloud9:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
motobot
Posts in topic: 23

Post by motobot »

Hello
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motobot wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:29 pmHello
Hi motobot! Are you mafia?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Why hello syndicate land!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yo LoRab.

YoRab.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don’t entirely understand the setup, but I will attempt to piece together likely arrangements.

Kagemusha is an indy survivor that can become town.

With 13 players, that leaves the current alignment (most likely) at either:

10 vs. 2 [+1]
9 vs. 3 [+1]

Neither is “typical” of a standard game, but the latter is a closer approximation. I’ll call that the safer bet. The former is possible given the double-kill mechanism, but it’s dangerous to count on that. So, assume 9-3-1.

That’s only two missed eliminations without Kagemusha (three with). Assume two.

POE pool needs to run five-deep on Day 1, which necessitates seven non-self town reads. It’s a tall order, but it’s achievable if the thread is reasonably active. Let’s cook.

First one to sus me for talking mechanics and game structure is a smelly poopoo butt.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Abigail Sophia, @motobot, and @Simon

It’ll fun to have all of you in the game together. I bet you’ll be especially important for making reads on each other. I’d love to know how you feel about your fellows early and often. I will probably pester each of you about it. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:10 pm I don’t entirely understand the setup, but I will attempt to piece together likely arrangements.

Kagemusha is an indy survivor that can become town.

With 13 players, that leaves the current alignment (most likely) at either:

10 vs. 2 [+1]
9 vs. 3 [+1]

Neither is “typical” of a standard game, but the latter is a closer approximation. I’ll call that the safer bet. The former is possible given the double-kill mechanism, but it’s dangerous to count on that. So, assume 9-3-1.

That’s only two missed eliminations without Kagemusha (three with). Assume two.

POE pool needs to run five-deep on Day 1, which necessitates seven non-self town reads. It’s a tall order, but it’s achievable if the thread is reasonably active. Let’s cook.

First one to sus me for talking mechanics and game structure is a smelly poopoo butt.
Hello, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a smelly poo poo butt

[VOTE: Jay] aubergine
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

This is Wilgy reporting live with a groundbreaking update that's stirring conversations nationwide. In an unprecedented turn of events, it has been confirmed that votes are in fact changeable. This revelation is expected to have profound implications on the interactions between Takeda and Oda and could potentially reshape future yeets. Details are still emerging. We'll be staying on top of this story, bringing you the latest as it unfolds. Back to you."
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

At least your vote accomplished that much. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Simon
Stool Pigeon

Post by Simon »

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I was here playing this, but I am back.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 pm At least your vote accomplished that much. :meany:
BEHOLD AND FEAR, THE RVS VOTE THAT ACCOMPLISHED THINGS UPON LETTING IT COOK FOR 7 MINUTES
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:51 pm At least your vote accomplished that much. :meany:
BEHOLD AND FEAR, THE RVS VOTE THAT ACCOMPLISHED THINGS UPON LETTING IT COOK FOR 7 MINUTES
ChefWilgy Image

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Epignosis »

Simon wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:26 pm Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I was here playing this, but I am back.
Bishamonten, the war god, asks why have you not brushed your teeth in preparation for the time of the moon?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 199
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Kage ought to be counted as town, no reason to do otherwise. I’d kinda suspect 2 over 3 with the double kill mechanic but that’s a bit shaky. No real idea.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: motobot] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bishamonten, the war god, says eliminate the Oda clan as quickly as possible! (Also, to hell with the Hojo- they think they have the triforce!)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hi, I'm Long Con.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sup Long Con

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Chillin'
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:40 pm Kage ought to be counted as town, no reason to do otherwise. I’d kinda suspect 2 over 3 with the double kill mechanic but that’s a bit shaky. No real idea.
This post pinged me. I experienced a ping.

I will share why soon enough. Before I do, anyone else in the crowd should provide a guess about why this post may have pinged me. What do you think, gang?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I felt like he knew a lot more about this game than me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Not quite my thinking, but vaguely similar.

[VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:19 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:40 pm Kage ought to be counted as town, no reason to do otherwise. I’d kinda suspect 2 over 3 with the double kill mechanic but that’s a bit shaky. No real idea.
This post pinged me. I experienced a ping.

I will share why soon enough. Before I do, anyone else in the crowd should provide a guess about why this post may have pinged me. What do you think, gang?
Bishamonten, the war god, hates adverbs.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Likewise not where I am going with it, but I recognize Bishamonten's renowned disdain.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well, perhaps it is related. There's an awkward tone about it that can be tied to adverbs. It's not my primary gripe, but it's there.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bishamonten, the war god, says JJJ is mafia: Making other people explain your views for you, not elaborating, and then voting is evil.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:35 pm Bishamonten, the war god, says JJJ is mafia: Making other people explain your views for you, not elaborating, and then voting is evil.
Poo.

I town read Long Con because of doing it that way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll stop being coy though.

I was pinged by Tony's view of the Kagemusha role (that it should be treated as town). I'm not sure that's the right mindset, and it made me think of my own mafia mindsets of the past. I suspect that if I see this setup through mafia eyes, I really do dump Kagemusha straight into the town pile from the standpoint of determining "how much work to get to endgame?". As a civilian, I don't have the same comfort in taking a public independent role and saying "that's basically town". I don't have enough information or knowledge of that player's motivations. In that sense, Long Con's view was similar.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bishamonten, the war god, wants to know why you need to quiz people on your reads?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:39 pm Bishamonten, the war god, wants to know why you need to quiz people on your reads?
I can either just dump the read in the thread or turn it into a stupid game that produces a few extra posts to do something with. I chose the latter. The game needs some stuff in it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:39 pm I'll stop being coy though.

I was pinged by Tony's view of the Kagemusha role (that it should be treated as town). I'm not sure that's the right mindset, and it made me think of my own mafia mindsets of the past. I suspect that if I see this setup through mafia eyes, I really do dump Kagemusha straight into the town pile from the standpoint of determining "how much work to get to endgame?". As a civilian, I don't have the same comfort in taking a public independent role and saying "that's basically town". I don't have enough information or knowledge of that player's motivations. In that sense, Long Con's view was similar.
Bishamonten, the war god, says this is turtle shit. Vote stays.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

People often do interpret my immediate impressions as turtle shit. Were it only that they could provide the same. Turtle shit is underrated. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You also know more than me, where is this information? Double-kills, Indy roles?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Never mind.

"The setup revolves around two roles: Takeda Shingen and the Kagemusha. The Kagemusha starts out as an independent survivor and has BTSC with Shingen. If Shingen dies, he will flip as the Kagemusha instead, and the Kagemusha will convert to town and inherit all of Shingen's powers. However, if the Kagemusha dies afterwards, or three day/night cycles pass after Shingen's death, the ruse will be revealed and the Oda clan will be able to nightkill two people per night."
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:46 pm

You also know more than me, where is this information? Double-kills, Indy roles?
There's a summary of the setup in the first host post. I believe only structural details are provided, so beyond that it's closed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Totally glazed over that paragraph.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:47 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:46 pm

There's a summary of the setup in the first host post. I believe only structural details are provided, so beyond that it's closed.
INB4
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con
Epignosis
[Other]
TonyStarkPrime

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:43 pm People often do interpret my immediate impressions as turtle shit. Were it only that they could provide the same. Turtle shit is underrated. :smile:
Bishamonten, the war god, would like you to answer for this:
Why is that not correct? Survivor independent to potential civilian is a civilian no matter how you sort it.

You should know this.

Return to “The Heist”