The Avengers [ENDGAME]

Play the current standard game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Any cycle lengths (subject to staff review)

Moderators: Job Host, Game Facilitators

Rocket Science, my dear Watson.

Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 pm

Abigail Sophia
50%
Lime Coke
No votes
LoRab
No votes
Michelle
No votes
Simon
No votes
Syn
No votes
Moriarty (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 12
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 209
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Re: The Avengers [Day 2]

Post by Lime Coke »

Townread:
Porschaaaaaaa
Michelle
SVS
Roxy
Long Con
Falcon

Townlean:
Syn
Simon
Lorab

Please Come Back 😒
Dunyaaaaa

Everyone Else:
Abigail Sophia
leetic
motobot
sig
TonyStarkPrime
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

And may I say, your coloured list is *the* preeminent list of the game, and I am honoured to be on it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok. I have been putting off a certain shower, because I'm enjoying playing. BUT I shhh shs hshhh... didn't shower yesterday!

SO... I'm looking forward to this. Talk, but not too much. Everyone gets.... two posts each. Plus a bonus action response post.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Michelle wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:19 pm
Long Con wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:14 pm
LoRab wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:12 pm
Roxy wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 11:16 am
LoRab wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:08 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:23 pm I mean the reality of it is that wilgy is captain america so therefore he's town

people in game pls don't comment on this in ways that reveal information about your role (against the rules), keep all speculation above ground
And you know that how?
:ponder: need to think about Lorab trying to push for info where/how she knows she shouldn't. :ponder:
Huh?
If they knew "that" through their role, talking about it is forbidden.
Is that role fishing or not?
Not at all. I don’t think TSP would info dump. He’s an ethical player (and info dumping is against the rules). I was merely asking why he thought that.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I think I have to sleep because my eyes don't want to cooperate anymore, if I stop posting, you know why.

Feeling good about my town read on Long Con

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: ↑Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 209
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Michelle wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 pm I think I have to sleep because my eyes don't want to cooperate anymore, if I stop posting, you know why.

Yeah you're fine Michelle, thank you. <3
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

LoRab wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:58 pm
Michelle wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:19 pm
Long Con wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:14 pm
LoRab wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:12 pm
Roxy wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 11:16 am
LoRab wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:08 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:23 pm I mean the reality of it is that wilgy is captain america so therefore he's town

people in game pls don't comment on this in ways that reveal information about your role (against the rules), keep all speculation above ground
And you know that how?
:ponder: need to think about Lorab trying to push for info where/how she knows she shouldn't. :ponder:
Huh?
If they knew "that" through their role, talking about it is forbidden.
Is that role fishing or not?
Not at all. I don’t think TSP would info dump. He’s an ethical player (and info dumping is against the rules). I was merely asking why he thought that.
That's fair
I took it as a theory, I didn't even consider it as info dump, rather as a proof he knows very well everyone's abilities in the avengers stories

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Lime Coke wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:02 pm
Michelle wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 pm I think I have to sleep because my eyes don't want to cooperate anymore, if I stop posting, you know why.

Yeah you're fine Michelle, thank you. <3
:biggrin:

I don't think we have the night open again :(
:offtobed:

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I’ve now changed my mind multiple times about Brad over the course of my catch up read. And I’m ending on thinking he’s not bad. His frustration reads as frustrated civ, not cornered baddie.

Adding, if multiple people have posited that wigly was cap, mainly because he survived the lynch, then it’s likely safe to assume that the baddies considered that and therefore killed him (assuming they actually targeted him).

I do agree that LC2’s analysis of wiggly entirely underestimates an excellent player, but being wrong doesn’t mean being bad.

For now, I’m going to listen to Mr Coke, and vote Leticia, at least for the moment. I may change my mind and vote elsewhere. I need to ponder. But don’t want to forget to vote.

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

So, things ain't looking good here, so I might have to converge for self-pres. I don't like the AS or sig wagons for reasons I've already expressed. S~V~S... eh. I have a tendency to be skeptical towards players that townread me in a thread climate that's very much against me, but the progression reads decently enough and I've used some of her tells as town before, so I cann see the mindset. So, besides Brad, that leaves... Porscha? I mean, a lot of her posts have been pretty dismissive, and she was hedging on me for a while until suddenly changing her mind simply due to a Brad post, and her vote on Wilgy wasn't impressive either. So yeah, I would not be opposed to a vote there.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I mean, I can see one perspective where Brad's hard tunneling could come from a towny perspective, although I can't truly confirm whether it's the case as well. Porscha's progression looks bad all around, and TSP seems decently towny here, so why not [VOTE: Porscha] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Also from my reread, I’m undecided on SVS. I get where she is coming from, but my eyebrow raised a few ties in rereading. Also undecided on LC. For now, I think they are both civvie, but with a grain of salt.

As for the moto suspicion, I’m just going to note that we don’t know if this game has a silencer. It’s possible he hasn’t posted at all this round is because he can’t. As silencing is usually a baddie power, I need to look back at who has mentioned him. As that seems suspish. (Wasn’t paying attention to who was saying it while reading, so honestly need to check that).
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Lime Coke wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:28 pm Like I'm legit pulling the fuck back Day 3 if we get Leetic out, especially if he flips mafia.

I want this vote so bad though, you have no idea.
Might want to change your plans, because spoiler alert I'm not gonna flip wolf. You can seek redemption, however, by getting off this bad tunnel.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

LoRab wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:18 pm Also from my reread, I’m undecided on SVS. I get where she is coming from, but my eyebrow raised a few ties in rereading. Also undecided on LC. For now, I think they are both civvie, but with a grain of salt.

As for the moto suspicion, I’m just going to note that we don’t know if this game has a silencer. It’s possible he hasn’t posted at all this round is because he can’t. As silencing is usually a baddie power, I need to look back at who has mentioned him. As that seems suspish. (Wasn’t paying attention to who was saying it while reading, so honestly need to check that).
Silencing is something I'd announce as host, as I feel not doing so is bastard (especially if there re penalties for inactivity), though other hosts might do it differently. motobot doesn't seem like a particularly active player, so inactivity seems the more likely cause in any case.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

leetic wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:20 pm
LoRab wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:18 pm Also from my reread, I’m undecided on SVS. I get where she is coming from, but my eyebrow raised a few ties in rereading. Also undecided on LC. For now, I think they are both civvie, but with a grain of salt.

Silencing is something I'd announce as host, as I feel not doing so is bastard (especially if there re penalties for inactivity), though other hosts might do it differently. motobot doesn't seem like a particularly active player, so inactivity seems the more likely cause in any case.
I’ve generally seen silencing not announced. Like, I can’t think offhand about that being something announced. It’s a more powerful power that way.

And I don’t think there’s a post requirement in this game.
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

leetic wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:20 pm

sorry I was gone pretty much all day today but I'm back now.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

So, not silenced!

@motobot why did you vote Abigail?
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 28
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

She just seems different from when she is town. She doesn't post much normally, but it seems more like she's more focused on taking everything in instead of posting often. But that's just my thoughts.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Falcon really fell off the map.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: The Avengers [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

Simon wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:04 pm
Long Con wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:09 am
Simon wrote: ↑Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 pm
Simon wrote: ↑Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:37 pm
falcon45ca wrote: ↑Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 pm
Long Con wrote: ↑Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:00 pm
falcon45ca wrote: ↑Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:24 am

That's understandable, I get that. Differences in my mind are that LC did not say that, or anything, to answer my question, but framed it in somewhat demeaning light
By "demeaning", you mean "accusational", right?
Syn expressed he had similar thoughts re: Simon, and was intending to follow up as well
I also had similar thoughts re: Simon, and then I realized that picking apart exactly what his definition of "a lot" is would be a little pedantic and bullying, and wouldn't likely bear any game-relevant fruit, so I chose not to do it. Why would you focus on something so nitpicky? What result did you imagine coming from it besides maybe Simon having less confidence in speaking his mind, for fear that it's going to be linguistically dissected and get him called out on whatever minor definitional discrepancy you decide to pounce on?

I'm trying to be as helpful as possible for you to understand where I'm coming from here, because I was less concise and more reactionary in my stance last night.

No, I think calling my question a "limp noodle" is somewhat demeaning

I asked Simon one question, and it seems as tho you are trying to make it sound as if it's my sole focus...the fact that you are now saying you also felt the way I did re: Simon's post is interesting, as your reaction to my question is quite different than Simon's, or Syns, or anybody...even tho you felt the same

Simon's answer to my question was fine, and made sense to me, as I've had the same experience. You're taking a lot of exception on his behalf... @Simon do you feel I was being pedantic, bullying, predatory, or have less confidence to speak your mind?

Does anyone else?
Not as much as others who have recently been interpreting this.

Let's just say that I've never been good with my choice of words. To the point where in this context, I felt as if one wrong word could change the course of someone's innocence. And when you asked me that "a lot" or "twice" question, it wasn't looking too good for me.

However that all supposedly changed when this one question also managed to spark a bit of discord among others. Even now, I still can't tell if a smart move or not.
Actually, what if it's possible that falcon has intentionally been trying to find something among the nothingness to start an Argument, and I just so happened to be the prey.

I previously mentioned that my process of thought was that one little thing can change a lot on someone. It's not confirmed if I was specifically supposed to be a target, and it definitely is a stretch.

I don't know though, I'm just considering possible situations that would make sense to me.
If Falcon was intentionally trying to start an argument, what does that make you think of him? Is he more Towny because he's trying to generate content? Or is it Wolfy to treat you as "prey"?
Apologies for the inactivity and late answer. But, with that being said, I was the one who originally generated the content, weather it was intentional or not. In fact, Falcon was the one who originally added on to it.

The way I made it sound made falcon look somewhat wolfy. I'm not sure if we were told what the independent characters ( Thanos and Deadpool )in this game are supposed to be doing, mostly just because I'm usually living under a rock when it comes to announcements.

But if one of those objectives just so happens have me on a wanted list or something, then everything that I have previously speculated wouldn't be so farfetched.
This is a politician's non-answer. Actually pretty impressive.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Long Con wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:55 pm Falcon really fell off the map.
Not defending falcon at all but I know his band is doing some sort of charity event. Not sure on the timing of it.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

@Porscha you seem to be think that the mafia didn't target wigly.
Why?
Who else could it have been?
Do you think the mafia don't have a kill?
;)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:08 pm
Long Con wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:55 pm Falcon really fell off the map.
Not defending falcon at all but I know his band is doing some sort of charity event. Not sure on the timing of it.
Oh, well if he's that much cooler than me, I of course withdraw the criticism.
Abigail Sophia
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Abigail Sophia »

motobot wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:48 pm She just seems different from when she is town. She doesn't post much normally, but it seems more like she's more focused on taking everything in instead of posting often. But that's just my thoughts.
Wdym taking everything in? I barely know what's going on because of all the fights.

If one of us is playing differently, it's you with your empty accusations and ghosting.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

It's now or never for me leetic gets my vote.
;)
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Abigail Sophia wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:26 pm
motobot wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 7:48 pm She just seems different from when she is town. She doesn't post much normally, but it seems more like she's more focused on taking everything in instead of posting often. But that's just my thoughts.
Wdym taking everything in? I barely know what's going on because of all the fights.

If one of us is playing differently, it's you with your empty accusations and ghosting.
Give us a vote, I want to see where your head's at.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Well, it seems I'm dead (this is one time where a CFD would be good actually). Just remember my legacy, Wilgy is town.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Wolves are probably pretty comfortable right now.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Not fond of Syn's willingness to throw shit around earlier but now just staying on a lame vanity wagon. I'd be surprised if my wagon was pure, but stranger things have happened.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:27 pm

Seems AS is just willing to crossvote motobot. Doesn't really move the needle either way.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Who knows, maybe I'll be saved by Loki! Seems unlikely though
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Porscha wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 2:58 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 12:34 pm β€œWho kills Wilgy” is actually an interesting NKA question
the question already assumes too much imo
smh
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

incredibly bad tweet
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

vote porscha that's a wolf
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 47

Re: The Avengers [Night 1]

Post by Simon »

Abigail Sophia wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:03 pm
DrWilgy wrote: ↑Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 pm Abigail Sophia didn't actually comment on me but voted for me. Curious.

@Abigail Sophia, why did you click on me?
When I voted, you and Long Con were tied. I didn't want my vote to not matter.

The only person I had any suspicions of was Moto (because he accused LC for seemingly no reason) I didn't want Long Con to be ejected just because of that

I don't know you very well but others were commenting on how you made "wolfy posts" I didn't see it myself but I decided to go with the crowd

I made a mistake and I am sorry
This post still doesn't sit right with me. Instead of Abigail asking moto for any reason as to why he was suspicious of LC, she just voted for wilgy instead. And then the other part of this response ( about wilgy having wolfy posts) suggests that Abigail probably didn't try to find anything interesting, let alone share anything about her own opinions, if she even had any at all. Granted, she probably didn't have a lot of time before d1 ended at the time.

Even if this response was the honest truth, it still seems like an illogical move, and that there were better ways to handle it.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i need more whiskey for this gimme a sec
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

update I've lost my whiskey
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

it tastes like shit
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Simon, AS, and motobot seem to be in their own world. I suppose that's something the rest of you'll have to figure out
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Abigail Sophia

Post by Abigail Sophia »

leetic wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 pm

Seems AS is just willing to crossvote motobot. Doesn't really move the needle either way.
I already made that mistake with Wilgy...I don't completely understand what's going on with that fight so I'm staying out of it
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Abigail Sophia wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:43 pm

I already made that mistake with Wilgy...I don't completely understand what's going on with that fight so I'm staying out of it
Why not join us on Porscha? Your vote won't have an impact on a vanity wagon
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Michelle wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:02 pm
S~V~S wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 5:53 pm
Michelle wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 5:51 pm I fell asleep after a full IRL day (the schedule chamged out of the blue) and I can't catch up so fast..

why are you voting Brad, @S~V~S ?
I think he's potentially bad :shrug:

He went into a No U spiral when leetic voted for him, I actually think leetic is town, and I strongly disliked how he tried to dismiss Wilgy as a threat below his notice if he were bad.

Why are you voting for leetic?
I town read Brad. I know him, we played a lot and he was my hydra partner in MU games in December.
His way of talking doesn't match with a wolf, he wanted leetic's reads and he is very stubborn in his request.
It's a too narrow focus for a wolf to have.
yeah do kinda agree on brad but noting that I think thsat this is a ~weird~ way to express it. not putting much negative stock on it though, michelle is a pretty perceptive player who picks up on different things than me
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

leetic wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:44 pm

Why not join us on Porscha? Your vote won't have an impact on a vanity wagon
bargaining, third stage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Note that I have seen wolves perform stupid tunnels before, so that alone is not a reason to clear Brad
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Abigail Sophia

Re: The Avengers [Night 1]

Post by Abigail Sophia »

Simon wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 pm
Abigail Sophia wrote: ↑Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:03 pm
DrWilgy wrote: ↑Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:46 pm Abigail Sophia didn't actually comment on me but voted for me. Curious.

@Abigail Sophia, why did you click on me?
When I voted, you and Long Con were tied. I didn't want my vote to not matter.

The only person I had any suspicions of was Moto (because he accused LC for seemingly no reason) I didn't want Long Con to be ejected just because of that

I don't know you very well but others were commenting on how you made "wolfy posts" I didn't see it myself but I decided to go with the crowd

I made a mistake and I am sorry
This post still doesn't sit right with me. Instead of Abigail asking moto for any reason as to why he was suspicious of LC, she just voted for wilgy instead. And then the other part of this response ( about wilgy having wolfy posts) suggests that Abigail probably didn't try to find anything interesting, let alone share anything about her own opinions, if she even had any at all. Granted, she probably didn't have a lot of time before d1 ended at the time.

Even if this response was the honest truth, it still seems like an illogical move, and that there were better ways to handle it.
Moto was already asked and I didn't see him give any explanation
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:47 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:15 pm I think there's a good reason to think Leetic is town. Don't vote for Leetic. I think given this we should trust Leetic's defense of AS. Don't vote for AS. We can go from there.
Don't know if this gets taken back or discussed but I thought it was relevant.

Up to this post, I'm not particularly suspicious of leetic. But Brad is so inflamed about it that I am happy to see the votes stack up anyways! Mwa ha haaaaa!! LC Connection baby YEAH!

Right now I'll [VOTE: S~V~S] aubergine, and when that goes nowhere, I'll hippity hop on over to leetic as a show of amicability. Or will it be the deciding vote by that point?? :eek:

FIND OUT, in.... The Future!
ok so for the purpose of saying this because I forgot about closed role cop meta, I don't have a cop result for leetic (not that I could say if I did) and I don't want the perceptive few to necessarily take stock in that

honestly I hate closed role meta and if I did have a cop result for leetic I'd avoid anytthing that looks like closed role cop meta
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Simon »

But that's my point, instead of trying to speculate anything, you're just trying to stay out of things. You're pretty much just taking the easy way out of everything, and now you have little to no information whatsoever. Quite disappointing I would say.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

leetic wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:47 pm Note that I have seen wolves perform stupid tunnels before, so that alone is not a reason to clear Brad
yeah but have you seen w!Brad perform a stupid tunnel? cause I've seen t!brad do it like not to be mean but a lot of times
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 pm
leetic wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 8:47 pm Note that I have seen wolves perform stupid tunnels before, so that alone is not a reason to clear Brad
yeah but have you seen w!Brad perform a stupid tunnel? cause I've seen t!brad do it like not to be mean but a lot of times
As mentioned before, my experience with w!Brad is two games where we were in separate threads and one where he was the lazy head of a hydra.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LoRab wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 6:15 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: ↑Wed May 01, 2024 12:09 pm
LoRab wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:07 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: ↑Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:18 pm So if SVS is right then wilgy can be town after all, which probably looks worse for lorab
Why? Because I point out technical possibilities? That’s what I always do.
Has to do with the wording a bit
Thanks. I appreciate the clarification.
is that sarcastic casue that barely counts as clarification -- I could provide a way more specific clarification if you had pressed

Return to β€œThe Job”