80%

Total votes: 10
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 0

Post by Draconus »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Anyways, I see that this is already starting to turn ksiters vs. syndicators (our name is better :p )
But! I think a part of me is going to like these ksiters. I myself find stirring shit up quite enjoyable :feb:
LPers, ftw!WEST SIIIDE

*votes Devin* :p
:yay: :fiesta:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Summer wrote:
What I find interesting is Alison's statement about seeing who voted. Would it matter who voted or not? That is also a question to you, Alison. If you had looked, what would you have been looking for? The choice who had the most votes or players who you trusted and wanted to follow? It is actually a very odd statement. Maybe it is normal here, I don't know, and I really can't talk because I voted along with my K-Siters only because I liked the sound of Parts Unknown and because as clique-y as it sounds, that is what they went with. I would just like to know your reasoning, please.
Hello glorious Summer of the sun.

I never matters to me who has voted or not because Alison does what Alison wants to do, etc., but I was just letting the record reflect that I was choosing the Towers due to my own reasons. I don't know much about those options, but they all just felt icky. Towers evoke fortification, strength and defense, so I was drawn to that. Anyway, I didn't think to look who voted what before I voted, so I wrote that in case a billion other people had voted my option or not (or vice versa). (Hyperbole Monday!)
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Epignosis wrote:I don't explain. I vote. And lynch.

And if that's Nicki Minaj, then "yah bitch."

(I don't really know what Nicki Minaj would say in a situation like that. I just assumed it.)
:haha:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:
A Person wrote:I generally prefer to wait for things like vote justifications (or the lack thereof) where everyone needs to post. I don't see how one could make any sort of credible claim on day 0, it makes more sense to me to discuss something concrete. I also don't like the whole "throw as much as you can at a wall and hope something sticks" strategy. Giving the game time to develop its own rhythm better allows one to see when people deviate from it, I think. It seems just as easy to hide behind a wall of accusations as it does a wall of silence.

Would you believe me if I told you that I really enjoy that you are posting more in-game qm?
I agree completely! This is the AP I like! :hugs:

FWvidChick
Posts in topic: 10

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by FWvidChick »

FZ. wrote:For Summer, wondering why I'm trying the style of this site, and not continuing ours, there are two reasons for this:
a. I still feel a little like a guest, and it seems rude to me to push my style in their face.
b. I actually do want to try their way. You and K4J of all people (after the disaster that's going on in the game on Ksite for the townies), should understand that. Unless you think you can do a lot better than all the rest :p
First when it comes to ksite and any drama..you being aggressive (in your face style) has never been an issue. Anyone can put their foot in their mouth from time to time without meaning to. Aggressiveness is never an issue. its how things ar worded or implied or the person who took offenses pov and bias (like their mood and assumptions), which can happen even when a person isn't being 'in your face'.

For this site i think your aggressiveness would work wonderful and I think you should. From the quick pace no hold back sorta feel i am getting I need you to be FZ. please don't make me beg you to be all kick-ass FZ.

I understand the guest feel. I feel like i am caught up in a whirlwind. i'ts like learning mafia all over again hahaha.

And Summer, your posts come off as trying a little to hard. I'm not sure yet if it's just being excited (and maybe a little stressed) about playing on a new site, or it's you trying to appear like you're "hunting"
And on that note, I also agree with A personon the fact that sometimes it's as easy to hide behind a wall of suspicions as it is to hide behind silence. To me it's about the nature of the suspicions. Call it quality over quantity if you will.
And back to work
I agreed with A person The stick to the wall comment reminds me of how i feel about some stragtegies at ksite. So that felt a bit homey.

Question for you FZ.. while i like the go at her aspect of this (thats the FZ I know) could also your own behavior also be construed as 'trying to hard' you both (like myself) are new. It seems such an easy thing to comment on. While i agree on the quality over quantity.. sometimes quantity is a gearing up to quality. Someone establishing their foothold, a handle on things.
FWvidChick

Post by FWvidChick »

S~V~S wrote:Actually, that can be a good move for you I think. I know that i was TOTALLY unable to keep up with the Ksite game using my playstyle from here, and i did not know enough about your players to play in your style, since the Ksite style seems to have a large element of metagaming in it~ "I suspect X because in the past they did not do this unless they were scum", and only knowing my own people, I could not ONLY suspect them.
I think you did fine. The thing i am unsure of is how to suspect anyone at all if i can't base anything on past behavior? I mean obviously right nwo i can't with the ppl here but after that I am unsure what i am to do..it seems a bit.. Um random. So i am trying to figure this out.

Its like were from to countries on the same continent. :p

And to some extent it does seem that most of the Ksite folk are mainly suspecting each other, or those they have previously played with.

And yeah, I also think AP has a point, I tend to see giant walls of text with little new content or mega multi quote posts with little new content as somewhat pingy. If there is a good theory in with the quotes, or a case being built, awesome. If it is just "I agree with this", or "I disagree with this" I see it as trying to look civvie.
Question.. and i think i'm starting to realize that your style and mine differ in a way that comes off scummy to me because I suspected you on ksite. But why pingy for agree statements?

I have always found that kind of funny> Especially when I 've been told or others are (like on ksite) to post your thoughts but when you say you agree and some one goes at you its almost, to me, like they are asking you to make up a further reason to establish you are townie. If you are townie and you agree that's the end of it. WHy should anyone have to drag up something from nowhere to justify that they agree? To me and from my experience scum tend to feel they have to justify and i find it odd when someone just doesn't simply state something but has to come up with additionals that i can't even follow. If they add on more and i can see where they are coming from, even if i don't agree, then thats awesome.

Sorry just.. trying to sort myself out, adapt to the local language.
FWvidChick

Post by FWvidChick »

i am so fully of typo's this morning *hangs head in shame*

"it's like we're from two countries on the same continent"
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Dom »

Mnogoose, maybe I missed it (some of these posts are a lot to take in), but is there anyone you are looking at?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by reywaS »

lots of reading. I have no insights at the moment. Lots of new players to get use to and all.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, caught up. All I really want to say at the moment is... Yay for having the Ksiters here! They bring much appreciated new perspective IMO.

Oh and I am thinking of voting Devin when Day 1 rolls around, just because that's how I roll.
Defending your BF I see ;) :hugs: Glad I have your vote!! :D

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ok. ksiters, slow down a bit on your MP suspicions and give him a chance to show his play style. He gets lynched A LOT as a civ because of his aggressive mannerisms and I'd hate to lose a potentially valuable civ this early because new people aren't used to him. If you find my defense of him suspicious, go ahead vote for me and see where that gets you :feb:

But as I said before, if nothing else catches my :eye: then I'm going to vote MP just to piss him off. I see I've already caught his GF's attention :p ;)

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Post by Mister Rearranger »

I forgot Dex was even in this game until that Day 0 writeup. >.<
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok. ksiters, slow down a bit on your MP suspicions and give him a chance to show his play style.
Yeah, we roll a little slower here. ;) Although with the shorter days, it may not feel that way!

But yeah, he really does get mislynched a lot. Probably more than just about anyone else on this site.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:But as I said before, if nothing else catches my :eye: then I'm going to vote MP just to piss him off.
But yet you still won't take him to do the Cinnamon Challenge!

linki - Yay Dex!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:Actually, that can be a good move for you I think. I know that i was TOTALLY unable to keep up with the Ksite game using my playstyle from here, and i did not know enough about your players to play in your style, since the Ksite style seems to have a large element of metagaming in it~ "I suspect X because in the past they did not do this unless they were scum", and only knowing my own people, I could not ONLY suspect them.

And to some extent it does seem that most of the Ksite folk are mainly suspecting each other, or those they have previously played with.

And yeah, I also think AP has a point, I tend to see giant walls of text with little new content or mega multi quote posts with little new content as somewhat pingy. If there is a good theory in with the quotes, or a case being built, awesome. If it is just "I agree with this", or "I disagree with this" I see it as trying to look civvie.
It was indeed complex -- I know what you guys are like, but because we were in a new environment, we weren't acting precisely the same. I find that to be the case on Rev and Hed too though a bit. Therefore, I'm guessing Ksiters, even though there's several of them, won't be exactly the same here as they are on their home turf.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Summer »

Bullzeye wrote:
Summer wrote:@Host or Mod: Are we allowed to edit to fix format??
Sorry, there isn't even an option to edit. I'm sure you can understand why it's not allowed, and the easiest way to keep it from being done seems to be to just outright stop it from happening. I'm not a host or a mod though :p
I like that there isn't even an option. I wish we could do that on our site, but since it's not an actual "Mafia" site, that is not possible. We don't like people editing, but as a Mod/Host in the past, I have allowed my players to edit their posts because of format mistakes. With permission, of course. :D Thank you for the explanation, though! I was kind of wondering since there was an edit button in the OTHER thread, but not here.
Summer wrote:
Bullzeye, you answered somewhat a question I had about the polls. So, info is just given out at random, not to a designated person?
It generally goes to one member of each mafia team (and through them, their teammates) as well as to a couple of civvies and a neutral or two. The info specifically would be which option they should vote for and sometimes even why.

I have five hours of lectures starting in ten minutes so I don't really have time to go through everything that happened since my last post, but I'll be back later and hopefully I'll bring some opinions with me!
Ahhh, this is new. Thank you! So, its given out randomly, but to each of the factions. That is interesting. Just wondering because it is something that is unknown, do people say they have info on the poll and try to push others to a certain choice? How would that work?

And wow... Good luck on the lectures. :| Hopefully they are not to boring for you. :p Are you giving the lectures or listening to them?

I'm going to respond to some things that were directed toward mt posting spree last night and then resume catch up. :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I'm at lunch break, just finished catching up and will share some thoughts here... I knew the KSiters would have no problem keeping up and contributing, lol.

Devin the Omniscient wrote:It's much more difficult to scum-hunt on Day 0... and Day 1 for that matter. So, to start off, if I don't see anything intriguing come up I'm going to vote for Sockface (MP) just to piss him off. :lorab:
Agreed.

And LOL, somehow this actually doesn't bother me... unless I get lynched, then it will bother me. :p

I doubt I'll vote for you, but I really don't know who I'll vote for just yet. I do have a few players I'm eyeballing, but it's early to tell, and nothing has really popped out at me too much (yet).

A Person wrote:I generally prefer to wait for things like vote justifications (or the lack thereof) where everyone needs to post. I don't see how one could make any sort of credible claim on day 0, it makes more sense to me to discuss something concrete. I also don't like the whole "throw as much as you can at a wall and hope something sticks" strategy. Giving the game time to develop its own rhythm better allows one to see when people deviate from it, I think. It seems just as easy to hide behind a wall of accusations as it does a wall of silence.
This is very insightful and, despite the fact that I can be quite a verbose player, I actually find myself agreeing with it.

Totally agreed with others that I love to see this type of posting from you, Matt! :)

Loulou26 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I entirely agree with this... but when your observations are determined internally to be meaningless, why bother posting something meaningless?

Sometimes you can't just go in flailing in the thread based on EVERY single thing your gut is saying because you'd be a basket case.

I would know. :p
Oh yes I do agree that sometimes it can do more harm than good but some things I feel need to be said outloud. Though tbh on ksite I do kinda like to keep things to myself until I have a better idea of what I'm up against. So I can see both sides of what you and K4J are saying too.
That's what I like to do, honestly -- not every single incredibly paranoid thought that goes through my mind needs to be said because, honestly, most of them are illogical nonsense, especially this early in a game.

My style hasn't always been this way. I used to be a lot more aggressive like you folks. But especially as a civvie I would just railroad civvie after civvie and I'm constantly trying to improve my game -- so I don't feel like doing that anymore. I'm trying to approach the game much more logically, if possible.

Loulou26 wrote:
Oh I agree, but sometimes just creating a little chaos can sometimes cause the scum...er baddies to slip up and kinda panic? At least that's what's happened a few times over on Ksite. I mean it is possible to catch someone out in the beginning. Not very likely but possible. That being said, it is kinda nice to have this now where we're all just talking and getting to know one another. I like it because I'm a mafia vet on the other site but here, I kinda feel out of my depth a little. I feel like this is my first ever game all over again haha :shrug:
Creating chaos has its purpose, yes. And it's actually something I love doing! Regardless of alignment (but for totally different reasons).

But there is a difference between causing chaos to gather information and flooding the thread with mostly useless paranoia.

kneel4justice wrote:
Summer wrote:Hmmm, this is interesting.

I never considered myself an aggressive Mafia player. Guru (K4J) and I would get into squabbles about how serious he took the game and the unnecessary need for it but now, as I was scrolling through, I find myself thinking what he must be thinking on Day 1 when we play. Why is no one scum-hunting? I don't mean to sound snotty by any means, but really, this seems rather pointless. What is the the point of Day 0? To let things develop? I am going to sound like such a hypocrite (because in our games I am always the one holding back and judging the actions, now I know it was because I was watching the other people shake things up) and Guru will likely call me out on it, but how are things going to develop if nothing happens? People have got to get in there and do things for things to develop. This is going to take some getting used to.

I do have to say (surprise, surprise) I am a little leery of FZ. I am fixing to reference a Ksite game (sorry, guys, I do that. I will try to explain as best I can) but one time when FZ was scum (or a baddie, as y'all call them, right?) she made a big hulabaloo about one of the players posting differently and saying how their style has changed. She used this as opportunity to make this player seem suspicious, as if they were hiding something about why they might be playing differently. The player wasn't scum, in fact, FZ was. So now, with FZ saying she is trying to match y'alls playing style, that just seems shady to me.

Why, FZ? Why match them? I can't help but wonder if you are trying to fade in with them so maybe Lou, Guru, Jenny and I (if we are all townies, possibly) won't pick up on your scum play that we know pretty well? I was coming in trying not to suspect you because I always do, but the last time I did that, it bit me in the butt. :p Nope, just giving in to my suspicion and if I am wrong, I am wrong. But I am going to point out things I feel are weird for you. (And not just you. :p)

And break time is over for tonight. Gotta get back to my Christmas gifts. Looks like I am going to have to catch up later tonight or tomorrow. I will admit, it looks like we (at least me, which I never expected!!) may be a little more aggressive than y'all, but I don't know of any other way to play!! I really am a nice person, I promise. :)
I actually don't find you suspicious because of this. I'm indifferent to what it says about your alignment, but I do agree with it!
And I was wondering the same about FZ but I also understand wanting to reinvent yourself on a new site so no on knows how you are and it's like a complete rookie game. I just don't know if she's doing this for genuine intentions or scummy ones.[/b]
How is it pointless? Though I guess on the flipside of that coin, I thought Day 1 over on KSite was pointless with people pointing fingers at each other and making incredibly declarative statements constantly when I believed there to be little actual basis for making those declarations -- seemed like a bunch of overanalytical, overly paranoid suspicions, and it was really overwhelming. Hard to keep track of.

It was very intriguing and enjoyable, nonetheless, and I love your guys's playstyle, don't get me wrong. I just was (am) not used to it and I feel discussing suspicions is very good, but it actually is possible to go overboard.

kneel4justice wrote: Of course, you can! :p
And to MP, maybe this is just your style. I want to suspect you, if you were someone regularly from KSITE I would be all over you. This is what makes it difficult for me, because you guys seem to wait on things to develop where some of my best suspicions come from literally hours within the start of a game.
It is just my style (as I've explained and elaborated). If you are a civvie, take a step back here and try to reconcile your thoughts to understand that fact.

I find it interesting you say you "want" to suspect me; I'm not quite sure I understand that statement. Why?

Summer wrote:Day 0 ends in a little bit?! Holy crap!

Uh... Okay... Do you have to vote in the poll? Is that a lynching poll or a destination?

I'm going to be honest... I haven't had a chance to read all the rules and regulations. I was hoping to use the time that the game I am Modding on Ksite is in Day phase to do things here, but I wasn't counting on things starting so quickly!!

And I can now see why y'all let things develop here. With such short day phases, things move quickly. On KSite, our Day phases are 5 days in RL so you have to keep the thread moving if you hope of getting anything accomplished before deadline.
Day 0 polls are not lynch polls, 99% of the time.

Don't worry, you have time.

And as to your last paragraph, precisely.

Summer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?
I'm not sure how I feel about your response.

You seemed a little too eager to jump on Guru's ship in terms of his thinking with Sorsha's. Almost feels like you are trying to push suspicion her way.

But, I have also seen where people are catching up and have thoughts themselves that they echo others, so that is not outside the realm. My only problem is that you have been posting more than Guru so you could have very well commented on this yourself, but you didn't until someone else did. (Proofreading, I see you have explained yourself and I will be starting my reading there tomorrow. :))

There could be a number of reasons for this; you are a civ who is agreeing with someone, a scum trying to make her look bad or you and her a scum-buds and you are trying to distance. I am not sure which right now, but this did put you on my radar, MP.

And to answer your question, I was more "pinged" (that is an awesome description of how it happens, lol!!) by yours than hers.
You either are misunderstanding me or purposefully discrediting me.

I clearly said I believe Sorsha is not suspicious and hence I didn't say that I thought her comment was odd. Again, odd does not equal suspicious.

Therefore, how can I possibly be jumping on anything? I wouldn't vote for her at this point more than I would anyone else.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, as to Epig suspecting you, K4J, this is not out of character for him.

I'll never forget in a game over on RM when he did the same thing to Rose and I gunned after him, then did a complete 180 on him and his behavior thereafter had me convinced he was civvie... Turns out he was independent. :haha:

kneel4justice wrote:

I never considered myself an aggressive Mafia player. Guru (K4J) and I would get into squabbles about how serious he took the game and the unnecessary need for it but now, as I was scrolling through, I find myself thinking what he must be thinking on Day 1 when we play. Why is no one scum-hunting? I don't mean to sound snotty by any means, but really, this seems rather pointless. What is the the point of Day 0? To let things develop? I am going to sound like such a hypocrite (because in our games I am always the one holding back and judging the actions, now I know it was because I was watching the other people shake things up) and Guru will likely call me out on it, but how are things going to develop if nothing happens? People have got to get in there and do things for things to develop. This is going to take some getting used to.

I do have to say (surprise, surprise) I am a little leery of FZ. I am fixing to reference a Ksite game (sorry, guys, I do that. I will try to explain as best I can) but one time when FZ was scum (or a baddie, as y'all call them, right?) she made a big hulabaloo about one of the players posting differently and saying how their style has changed. She used this as opportunity to make this player seem suspicious, as if they were hiding something about why they might be playing differently. The player wasn't scum, in fact, FZ was. So now, with FZ saying she is trying to match y'alls playing style, that just seems shady to me.

Why, FZ? Why match them? I can't help but wonder if you are trying to fade in with them so maybe Lou, Guru, Jenny and I (if we are all townies, possibly) won't pick up on your scum play that we know pretty well? I was coming in trying not to suspect you because I always do, but the last time I did that, it bit me in the butt. :p Nope, just giving in to my suspicion and if I am wrong, I am wrong. But I am going to point out things I feel are weird for you. (And not just you. :p)

And break time is over for tonight. Gotta get back to my Christmas gifts. Looks like I am going to have to catch up later tonight or tomorrow. I will admit, it looks like we (at least me, which I never expected!!) may be a little more aggressive than y'all, but I don't know of any other way to play!! I really am a nice person, I promise. :)
I actually don't find you suspicious because of this. I'm indifferent to what it says about your alignment, but I do agree with it!
And I was wondering the same about FZ but I also understand wanting to reinvent yourself on a new site so no on knows how you are and it's like a complete rookie game. I just don't know if she's doing this for genuine intentions or scummy ones.[/b]
Also, as I looked over my post again, I noticed this (bolded).

You say here in the bolded that you do not find Summer suspicious, yet you are indifferent to what it says about her alignment? How is that even possible? If something clearly influences your opinion of whether you do or do not suspect someone, how can it make you indifferent as to alignment?

Not saying this is necessarily suspicious (yet), just trying to understand.
Summer

Post by Summer »

FZ. wrote:For Summer, wondering why I'm trying the style of this site, and not continuing ours, there are two reasons for this:
a. I still feel a little like a guest, and it seems rude to me to push my style in their face.
b. I actually do want to try their way. You and K4J of all people (after the disaster that's going on in the game on Ksite for the townies), should understand that. Unless you think you can do a lot better than all the rest :p

So right now, I'm trying to find the balance between how I'm used to playing, and how things are done here. Seems the most logical to me.
a. Well, I definitely don't want to seem rude. And please, all of y'all who do not know me, I so don't mean to come off as rude. If you feel I have been rude or have offended, PLEASE TELL ME. I can already tell our style is different but we all love the game and its the only way I have ever played so I really don't know how else to be.

That being said, I would also like to point out that I'm sure that while we are new here, the other players would know we play differently so I'm not entirely sold on just trying to fit in. Just sayin'. I have to be honest that I think that it could be an easy excuse to lay low for you. I mean, if you think you have a scum, you go after them, right? That is the point of the game (and to have fun while doing it) so I still find it the tiniest bit suspicious. But I promise to not let it cloud my thinking to much since I know you really did want to try things their way. :)

b. You know I think you awesome and I probably view your scum-hunting through rose colored glasses, but yeah, I know you can get rusty. And duh. Of course, I can do better. I am me. Hello?? :P (Plus I know who the scum are over there, sooo... ;))
And Summer, your posts come off as trying a little to hard. I'm not sure yet if it's just being excited (and maybe a little stressed) about playing on a new site, or it's you trying to appear like you're "hunting"
And on that note, I also agree with A personon the fact that sometimes it's as easy to hide behind a wall of suspicions as it is to hide behind silence. To me it's about the nature of the suspicions. Call it quality over quantity if you will.
And back to work
I think its a combo of being excited and a little stressed and yeah, trying to hunt. I mean, they have already said they let things develop and that is not what I am used to so if I seems like I am grasping, I probably am. But I have honestly only brought up things I would like a little light shed on. Also to maybe start a discussion? I do feel out of my element and while you are trying their style, I mean it when I say I don't know any other way to play, so I have to play the way I know. And as bad as it makes me sound, I enjoy the way I play. (Insert blushing smiley here.) I don't want to change y'all, but it would be nice to be able to fit in here, too, without having to change my play-style. :)

And you are right, we have seen both techniques from being a talkative scum to being a jaw-wired-shut scum. The thing is, I have been both so you really can't judge me on the way I post, now can you? You have to go off the nature of my suspicions and we both know not everyone finds things suspicious that others do.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And one big point I want to address brought up by Ksiters is: No one is just sitting around. Things will develop, trust me. I personally am not gunning HARD after anyone right now because I fail to see anything of note that would be suspicious from anyone. It's just a matter of different mafia culture; I know it takes some getting used to. But I didn't find every single one of you suspicious because you were throwing out TONS of suspicions... and just because I don't agree with that style of playing doesn't mean it makes you baddie. In fact, players in mafia often fall in the trap of thinking if someone agrees with me, they're more apt to be good, and that if I don't understand this person, they're more apt to be bad. Just not true most of the time.

I do find it interesting you guys seem to be more so eyeballing the ones you know rather than the vast you do not... I suppose it's inevitable, especially this early on in the game. But something to keep in mind (More on this in my mini-paragraph not directly below, but two below).

All of that being said, I want to emphasize again I incredibly value your input and the new perspective you're bringing to this game! And feel free to play however you want (in fact, I encourage playing however most makes you feel comfortable), but recognize that we don't all play that way -- and that, obviously even within communities, players always play differently than each other.

I do feel like you've brought fresh new eyes that have been helpful so far, so I greatly look forward to your thoughts on other players as you get to know them as well.

So who still hasn't checked in?

WOW: Hold on... DF, is that poll right? I think it only goes 24 hours.

Gotta go now, be back around at some other time, probably later this evening.
Summer

Post by Summer »

So THAT is what metagaming is! I have heard the term, never knew what it meant! Okay, yeah, I am guilty of this!! I try NOT to do it, but after so many games with the same people, you can't help but do it. Also, when I see something, I try to use examples as touchstones for other people so they'll know what I am talking about.

And I don't think only Ksiters are suspecting Ksiters. I know I have commented on a few non-Ksiters and I believe the others have, too. And while I may voice concerns over what I see as suspicious behavior, it doesn't mean I necessarily find them all that suspicious. I just know now I am used to a big discussion going on which is where a lot of this stuff gets brought up. Its a very different play-style and I have feeling by the end of this, I may be a little annoying to y'all with the way I play. :(

I kinda feel like I have to respond to this in a weird way, lol. I want to say I agree with you, but I don't you think I am trying to look like a civvie. :p I guess when I say I agree with someone, it means I like their point. So, I like your point and your train of thought.
Summer

Post by Summer »

thellama73 wrote:
Summer wrote:@Host or Mod: Are we allowed to edit to fix format??
No, but I, as your helpful moderator, have fixed the formatting for you. :)
Thank you!! I'm a little OCD when it comes to that kind of stuff. I think I have the hang of it now. :hugs: You've saved my sanity!
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Should be fixed now. I had it set for two days, so now I set it to three (which apparently means two). I don't get the numbering. :shrug:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Boomslang »

Jeebus, you people are posting a great deal. I definitely think we're still in settling down period, but something interesting is emerging from the Ksite/Syndicate differences. I'd just hate for things to devolve into tribalism at this point. With the lack of information at Day One, it's important to keep an open mind.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

FWvidChick wrote:
FZ. wrote:
For this site i think your aggressiveness would work wonderful and I think you should. From the quick pace no hold back sorta feel i am getting I need you to be FZ. please don't make me beg you to be all kick-ass FZ.

I understand the guest feel. I feel like i am caught up in a whirlwind. i'ts like learning mafia all over again hahaha.

And back to work
I agreed with A person The stick to the wall comment reminds me of how i feel about some stragtegies at ksite. So that felt a bit homey.

Question for you FZ.. while i like the go at her aspect of this (thats the FZ I know) could also your own behavior also be construed as 'trying to hard' you both (like myself) are new. It seems such an easy thing to comment on. While i agree on the quality over quantity.. sometimes quantity is a gearing up to quality. Someone establishing their foothold, a handle on things.

First, to the bolded, to be honest, I love having my ksite friends here, but I have to say that I'm enjoying playing the speed game where there are no players from Ksite too, because I can be whoever I want. No expectations, not predispositions, nothing. Just be me as I feel. Not that I can guarantee I won't get lynched or anything there, but I'm still playing more freely, and I have to admit I like it.

And to your question, I don't feel I'm trying too hard, but being new is influencing me as well. As for Summer, it seemed like trying a little too hard, but at the same time, I could see how she was doing it as a civ, so I was just making an observation, and waiting.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok. ksiters, slow down a bit on your MP suspicions and give him a chance to show his play style. He gets lynched A LOT as a civ because of his aggressive mannerisms and I'd hate to lose a potentially valuable civ this early because new people aren't used to him. If you find my defense of him suspicious, go ahead vote for me and see where that gets you :feb:

But as I said before, if nothing else catches my :eye: then I'm going to vote MP just to piss him off. I see I've already caught his GF's attention :p ;)
First of all, I think it's only K4J who is going strongly after MP. I for one feel rather good about him at the moment, though it's just the beginning.
As contradictory as your two paragraphs are, they kind of make me feel good about you two.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Something about my previous post went wrong. Parts of my post are in the quote.

And also, I forgot to add something. I didn't like Mongoose first post where she explains why she voted the way she did in the poll. But it was just something small. Now, since we're playing two games simultaneously, I think I'm observing a different behavior in each of them. Not sure what this means because I'm not familiar with her game style. But while when someone accused her of something in the other game, she got sarcastic and annoyed, in here, she avoided my comment and answered really sweetly to Summer. It could just be the type of accusation, but my question to those who know her would be:

When is she more sarcastic and when more "sweet" (don't know how better to phrase it)?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Oh wow. What have I gotten myself into... :eek:

FYI, I am colorblind, so if I miss some color-coded posting, I apologize ahead of time. And my internet is intermittent, so if I have to make decisions early, that's why. :(

Anyway, I am not sure what to think. The ksiters seem pretty jumpy from my limited experience. It's hard for me not to suspect some (not all) of the bigger posters, but I accidentally helped bring down civieMP in my last game with that, so I'm going to keep watching...
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

Summer wrote:

So THAT is what metagaming is! I have heard the term, never knew what it meant! Okay, yeah, I am guilty of this!! I try NOT to do it, but after so many games with the same people, you can't help but do it. Also, when I see something, I try to use examples as touchstones for other people so they'll know what I am talking about.

And I don't think only Ksiters are suspecting Ksiters. I know I have commented on a few non-Ksiters and I believe the others have, too. And while I may voice concerns over what I see as suspicious behavior, it doesn't mean I necessarily find them all that suspicious. I just know now I am used to a big discussion going on which is where a lot of this stuff gets brought up. Its a very different play-style and I have feeling by the end of this, I may be a little annoying to y'all with the way I play. :(

I kinda feel like I have to respond to this in a weird way, lol. I want to say I agree with you, but I don't you think I am trying to look like a civvie. :p I guess when I say I agree with someone, it means I like their point. So, I like your point and your train of thought.
No, not annoying. Just different. Seeing ones self out of fresh eyes can be a mixed blessing, though.

Very much a culture thing, I think. See, for me (and many of us, as a whole, I think, although not all since WE are also a mix of cultures~ many of us played Mafia before The Syndicate existed, and we pretty much all came from either Lostpedia or STV, which while similar, did have many differences in how they played. Quite a few of us never played before TS, and so we are forging our own thing here) when a person throws out a lot of “stream of consciousness” accusations early in the game it feels bad to me. We call it “mud flinging” or something similar; throwing mud and seeing what sticks.

Some people are easier targets for this than others :whistle: People who tend to get defensive find that it happens to them quite a bit. Which is the point of mud flinging as we ALSO tend, on the average, to view defensiveness as baddie behavior.

From a probability standpoint, one of the KSiters, maybe two, are probably baddies. So far I find FZs trying on a new style for fit to be interesting, but not really suspicious. Nor do I find you, or anyone else from KSite, particularly suspect for being yourselves.

Linki @FZ re Mongoose~ I have hosted her as a baddie, and mislynched her as a civ, and I do tend to think she DOES play a sweeter game when bad. So I may do some back reading of her later, that is an interesting observation you make.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

So I'm done for the day and pretty much done for the semester in terms of lectures. Just a presentation to give on Wednesday and then I'm on Christmas break, but I still have approximately 2 and a half F***tonnes of work to do. Gonna catch up from about where I left off last night and see what's what.
Epignosis wrote: I'd like to let you know that I will toss you under a bus where there is no bus and I will toss you on top of an airplane where there is no airplane. And I will cut you in line at the grocery store.
He will. He did this to all the members of his own team once. Even flew out to the UK so he could fulfill the cutting in line portion. (One of these sentences may not be true).
DFaraday wrote:
"Well, there are a lot of unsavory folks around here," declared Gene. We'd best get out of here fast, or things may get ugly."
This caught my attention in the day 0 end post. Could mean nothing at all or if I let myself overthink again perhaps it is a clue that Parts Unknown wasn't a great option? That wouldn't necessarily mean anything about individuals since there was no info given out, but it could have a bearing on other stuff.
Day 0 is over. Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. Also, you must each post on-topic at least 5 times by the end of Night 1, or something will happen.
Also didn't notice this bit when I looked this morning, but that sounds interesting. 'Something' will happen to low posters. Fun!
S~V~S wrote: And yeah, I also think AP has a point, I tend to see giant walls of text with little new content or mega multi quote posts with little new content as somewhat pingy. If there is a good theory in with the quotes, or a case being built, awesome. If it is just "I agree with this", or "I disagree with this" I see it as trying to look civvie.
Trust me to see this while I'm making a big multi quote catchup post :blush: AP and you are right though, and as I often say I also think that having a low number of posts doesn't necessarily make one a 'low-poster' if all or most of those posts actually contribute to the game. You could make 100 posts per day but if only 3 are on topic you're a low poster in my opinion.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok. ksiters, slow down a bit on your MP suspicions and give him a chance to show his play style. He gets lynched A LOT as a civ because of his aggressive mannerisms and I'd hate to lose a potentially valuable civ this early because new people aren't used to him. If you find my defense of him suspicious, go ahead vote for me and see where that gets you :feb:

Very true, also in my experience MP is way noisier as a civ. I'd be curious if he was quiet but he seems to be making waves so right now I think he's not likely to be bad. Your idea of voting MP to piss him off seems... I dunno, interesting. I guess you could argue it's no different from voting a quiet person on day one when there's little to go on but it seems like an easy way to justify throwing a vote onto someone. Not that I'm suspicious of you for saying it, I just don't agree with the idea.
Mister Rearranger wrote:I forgot Dex was even in this game until that Day 0 writeup. >.<
Does he know we've started? Someone should shout him. I haven't seen Dex since... whenever the last time I saw him was. Probably Supernatural. It would be a shame if he no-showed.
Summer wrote: Ahhh, this is new. Thank you! So, its given out randomly, but to each of the factions. That is interesting. Just wondering because it is something that is unknown, do people say they have info on the poll and try to push others to a certain choice? How would that work?

And wow... Good luck on the lectures. :| Hopefully they are not to boring for you. :p Are you giving the lectures or listening to them?

I'm going to respond to some things that were directed toward mt posting spree last night and then resume catch up. :)
Generally people don't/can't admit to info but do try to push their option and it has lead to many a baddie's downfall when the results come out. There was a pretty interesting game not long ago where we were allowed to admit to having info after the fact and the outcome of that was really... unique.

I was listening to the lectures and yes, the first half of my day was incredibly boring. But like I said, I'm done for the semester now so no more until January!

I don't really have any suspicions as of now. I am finding the interactions between Ksiters interesting though in terms of how much more comfortable they seem dealing with each other compared to the 20+ people they hadn't yet played with. Will be useful to see how their opinions of each other develop through the game since for most of us they're a whole new (and cool-seeming) group of people.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Also, I was watching/listening to TLC earlier while working on an essay and it's one of the best PPV's I've seen in a while. Anyone agree?
FWvidChick

Post by FWvidChick »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And one big point I want to address brought up by Ksiters is: No one is just sitting around. Things will develop, trust me. I personally am not gunning HARD after anyone right now because I fail to see anything of note that would be suspicious from anyone. It's just a matter of different mafia culture; I know it takes some getting used to. But I didn't find every single one of you suspicious because you were throwing out TONS of suspicions... and just because I don't agree with that style of playing doesn't mean it makes you baddie. In fact, players in mafia often fall in the trap of thinking if someone agrees with me, they're more apt to be good, and that if I don't understand this person, they're more apt to be bad. Just not true most of the time.
That is an issue we've had on the otherside. Agreement means good, not understanding means bad. Which we've proven ourselves is a load of bunk tho we sometimes forget. LOl

I never thought, personally, anyone is just sitting around but I do admit to the fact I've no idea what to do beyond what i am use to :(

I do find it interesting you guys seem to be more so eyeballing the ones you know rather than the vast you do not... I suppose it's inevitable, especially this early on in the game. But something to keep in mind (More on this in my mini-paragraph not directly below, but two below).

All of that being said, I want to emphasize again I incredibly value your input and the new perspective you're bringing to this game! And feel free to play however you want (in fact, I encourage playing however most makes you feel comfortable), but recognize that we don't all play that way -- and that, obviously even within communities, players always play differently than each other.
We recognize the fact not all play the same. Trust me we do. It is jsut different. Some of us i think tho will adapt better then others lol. But i can say the same for you guys on ksite..you have brought a freshness we needed and i've loved having you. I don't think any of you have anything to worry about over there.

I do feel like you've brought fresh new eyes that have been helpful so far, so I greatly look forward to your thoughts on other players as you get to know them as well.

So who still hasn't checked in?

Gotta go now, be back around at some other time, probably later this evening.
What goes 24 hours? :| :eek: this is so fast for me its kinda funny. I feel this huge urge to rush..
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Bullzeye wrote:Also, I was watching/listening to TLC earlier while working on an essay and it's one of the best PPV's I've seen in a while. Anyone agree?

I haven't got to watch it yet can't wait till I can but I heard it was amazing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Summer

Post by Summer »

Mongoose wrote:
Summer wrote:
What I find interesting is Alison's statement about seeing who voted. Would it matter who voted or not? That is also a question to you, Alison. If you had looked, what would you have been looking for? The choice who had the most votes or players who you trusted and wanted to follow? It is actually a very odd statement. Maybe it is normal here, I don't know, and I really can't talk because I voted along with my K-Siters only because I liked the sound of Parts Unknown and because as clique-y as it sounds, that is what they went with. I would just like to know your reasoning, please.
Hello glorious Summer of the sun.

I never matters to me who has voted or not because Alison does what Alison wants to do, etc., but I was just letting the record reflect that I was choosing the Towers due to my own reasons. I don't know much about those options, but they all just felt icky. Towers evoke fortification, strength and defense, so I was drawn to that. Anyway, I didn't think to look who voted what before I voted, so I wrote that in case a billion other people had voted my option or not (or vice versa). (Hyperbole Monday!)
Oh, I like the Glorious Summer part. :lorab:

Now, onto serious matters. :llama:

I'm glad Alison does want Alison wants. :haha: And thank you for explaining, you choice and why you made the point on commenting about looking who voted. It just struck me as a little funny comment to make when voting, so I was going to dig a little deeper. You put much more thought into your poll choice than I did, lol.
FWvidChick

Post by FWvidChick »

Bullzeye wrote:So I'm done for the day and pretty much done for the semester in terms of lectures. Just a presentation to give on Wednesday and then I'm on Christmas break, but I still have approximately 2 and a half F***tonnes of work to do. Gonna catch up from about where I left off last night and see what's what.
Sounds like the holidays to me , you have my sympathy.
Epignosis wrote: I'd like to let you know that I will toss you under a bus where there is no bus and I will toss you on top of an airplane where there is no airplane. And I will cut you in line at the grocery store.
He will. He did this to all the members of his own team once. Even flew out to the UK so he could fulfill the cutting in line portion. (One of these sentences may not be true).
:haha:

Day 0 is over. Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. Also, you must each post on-topic at least 5 times by the end of Night 1, or something will happen.
Also didn't notice this bit when I looked this morning, but that sounds interesting. 'Something' will happen to low posters. Fun!
[/quote]

I initially panicked and thought that bit meant i'd get modkilled if i didn't make 5 posts and i was like WTH! NOooooooooooooo but i reread it and went.. Ohh :eek: i really don't wanna find out personally but I am curious. I like that kind of game stuff.
S~V~S wrote: And yeah, I also think AP has a point, I tend to see giant walls of text with little new content or mega multi quote posts with little new content as somewhat pingy. If there is a good theory in with the quotes, or a case being built, awesome. If it is just "I agree with this", or "I disagree with this" I see it as trying to look civvie.
Trust me to see this while I'm making a big multi quote catchup post :blush: AP and you are right though, and as I often say I also think that having a low number of posts doesn't necessarily make one a 'low-poster' if all or most of those posts actually contribute to the game. You could make 100 posts per day but if only 3 are on topic you're a low poster in my opinion.
I agree.
Summer wrote: Ahhh, this is new. Thank you! So, its given out randomly, but to each of the factions. That is interesting. Just wondering because it is something that is unknown, do people say they have info on the poll and try to push others to a certain choice? How would that work?

Generally people don't/can't admit to info but do try to push their option and it has lead to many a baddie's downfall when the results come out. There was a pretty interesting game not long ago where we were allowed to admit to having info after the fact and the outcome of that was really... unique.

I was listening to the lectures and yes, the first half of my day was incredibly boring. But like I said, I'm done for the semester now so no more until January!

Thank you for explaining this to Summer as i needed it too. Sadly tho I did not end up voting a destination as I really hadn't connected how soon everything would start and i was lost. So i am worried now what that means :|

I don't really have any suspicions as of now. I am finding the interactions between Ksiters interesting though in terms of how much more comfortable they seem dealing with each other compared to the 20+ people they hadn't yet played with. Will be useful to see how their opinions of each other develop through the game since for most of us they're a whole new (and cool-seeming) group of people.
careful flattery might get you everywhere :p
Summer

Post by Summer »

I actually don't find him aggressive. In fact, his posting style and logic are a lot of what I am used to on Ksite. So, its not his play style that makes him suspicious, at least that is not what made him flash for me.

On Ksite, in the game there, he makes these long posts and I am so excited when I see them! Makes me want to play so I can dissect the posts!! :D

Anyway, this post did catch my eye. Not sure if you were trying to accomplish something or just coming to the defense of a buddy. :shrug: Time will tell, I guess. :)
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Bullzeye wrote:Also, I was watching/listening to TLC earlier while working on an essay and it's one of the best PPV's I've seen in a while. Anyone agree?

I thought it was very good, especially the tag team match. There were some awkward spots in the main event, though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

Summer wrote:I have to ask... Were you not getting anything out of anything?

Because, I am re-reading and I am actually seeing a bit more than I did. Maybe not scum-hunting that we are used to, but I have some opinions forming, for sure.
I made that post because I was not getting enough. There were a couple of thoughts in my head at the moment... particularly about Sorsha and MP but none of them were with confidence because nothing was really happening. I cannot scumhunt alone, I do need others, especially since I am new here. Which is why I asked that question.
MovingPictures07 wrote:It is just my style (as I've explained and elaborated). If you are a civvie, take a step back here and try to reconcile your thoughts to understand that fact.

I find it interesting you say you "want" to suspect me; I'm not quite sure I understand that statement. Why?
First of all, I think you and some other players are acting like I want to lynch you. That's not the case, I haven't even voted for you, so I am far from asking others to join me in lynching you. So the whole, take a step back just doesn't make sense with my current stance. All I am doing is noting what I find to be weird with your posting, and it very well may be your style, I even expressed that. I am confused as to how everyone thinks I am out for your blood, when that's not the case. TBH that itself concerns me, but oh well...

And by that statement, I was saying, your posting coming from a KSITE posted would define scumminess for me over there, so I wish I could make that determination here and have something solid like I am used to over there. I want to, because I want to find scum, but I can't do that because I am not familiar with you. That's what I meant.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Also, as I looked over my post again, I noticed this (bolded).

You say here in the bolded that you do not find Summer suspicious, yet you are indifferent to what it says about her alignment? How is that even possible? If something clearly influences your opinion of whether you do or do not suspect someone, how can it make you indifferent as to alignment?

Not saying this is necessarily suspicious (yet), just trying to understand.
In her post she said that I would probably find her suspicious for her statement, I returned saying I did not find her suspicious for it, but I also didn't find her townie for it. I could see the statement coming from scum Summer or townie Summer. Therefore I am indifferent to what it means for her alignment? Maybe indifferent is being used in the wrong context..I am just trying to say it does not influence me one way or another...I hope I didn't use the wrong word...lol
Summer

Post by Summer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I'm at lunch break, just finished catching up and will share some thoughts here... I knew the KSiters would have no problem keeping up and contributing, lol.
And let's hope you don't come to resent that, lol.
kneel4justice wrote:

How is it pointless? Though I guess on the flipside of that coin, I thought Day 1 over on KSite was pointless with people pointing fingers at each other and making incredibly declarative statements constantly when I believed there to be little actual basis for making those declarations -- seemed like a bunch of overanalytical, overly paranoid suspicions, and it was really overwhelming. Hard to keep track of.

It was very intriguing and enjoyable, nonetheless, and I love your guys's playstyle, don't get me wrong. I just was (am) not used to it and I feel discussing suspicions is very good, but it actually is possible to go overboard.
Well, now that I have gone back and actually READ instead of scanned, I have found some things that I missed, so I detract that pointless statement. I think that is one of the reasons I enjoy Day 1 is because its the one and only time ALL of us are together and we just GO. I love seeing all the different theories and analysis that comes out of Day 1. I also like to see what people feel they can pull and get away with. I actually never think it is too early to start making observations. I used to be different; before when we would usually end the Day with a No Lynch but when we started lynching at the end of Day 1, I knew my own game play needed to change.

And oh yeah... It can go WAY overboard. In my experience, normally a baddie is involved in those types of tussles.
Summer wrote:Day 0 ends in a little bit?! Holy crap!

Uh... Okay... Do you have to vote in the poll? Is that a lynching poll or a destination?

I'm going to be honest... I haven't had a chance to read all the rules and regulations. I was hoping to use the time that the game I am Modding on Ksite is in Day phase to do things here, but I wasn't counting on things starting so quickly!!

And I can now see why y'all let things develop here. With such short day phases, things move quickly. On KSite, our Day phases are 5 days in RL so you have to keep the thread moving if you hope of getting anything accomplished before deadline.
Day 0 polls are not lynch polls, 99% of the time.

Don't worry, you have time.

And as to your last paragraph, precisely.
I still feel like I need to get things done, though. I feel rushed to get my thoughts in order. :huh:
Summer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:For the record, K4J, I agree with you regarding Sorsha's post; it seemed unnecessary to me, as if she's trying too hard. BUT I have heard of games where those types of statements were "checkable", so maybe it's possible. Seems rarer to me though and kind of pointless, but I suppose her post could be completely legit. I don't THINK I've ever played one where statements that blatant were checkable by a lie detector role though.

Consequently, I'm not sure her post really means anything at all. I don't think it really tells me anything, especially this early in the game. But, out of curiosity, do others agree here with my assessment and was anyone else wildly pinged by that statement?
I'm not sure how I feel about your response.

You seemed a little too eager to jump on Guru's ship in terms of his thinking with Sorsha's. Almost feels like you are trying to push suspicion her way.

But, I have also seen where people are catching up and have thoughts themselves that they echo others, so that is not outside the realm. My only problem is that you have been posting more than Guru so you could have very well commented on this yourself, but you didn't until someone else did. (Proofreading, I see you have explained yourself and I will be starting my reading there tomorrow. :))

There could be a number of reasons for this; you are a civ who is agreeing with someone, a scum trying to make her look bad or you and her a scum-buds and you are trying to distance. I am not sure which right now, but this did put you on my radar, MP.

And to answer your question, I was more "pinged" (that is an awesome description of how it happens, lol!!) by yours than hers.
You either are misunderstanding me or purposefully discrediting me.

I clearly said I believe Sorsha is not suspicious and hence I didn't say that I thought her comment was odd. Again, odd does not equal suspicious.

Therefore, how can I possibly be jumping on anything? I wouldn't vote for her at this point more than I would anyone else.
I did see the conversation you had later, I just was not able to read it thoroughly last night so I have suspended judgement on this until I can see the debacle in its entirety. When I do, I will come back to this.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

When does the day end?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Summer

Post by Summer »

FZ. wrote:When does the day end?
It says the poll ends tomorrow. So, tomorrow?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Summer wrote:
No, it says Wednesday the 18th. I thought it was too much
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

So right now, I'm trying to find the balance between how I'm used to playing, and how things are done here. Seems the most logical to me.

And back to work
Um. Don't like the bold, at all.
What should we know? That because in the current game townies are being lynched, FZ wants to play a different way!?
That doesn't make sense to me, therefore of all people I do not understand that.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Post by Mister Rearranger »

FZ. wrote:
Summer wrote:
Midnight is the start of the new day's clock here. So it makes sense for it to end tomorrow night at 12:something AM, aka: Wednesday morning at 12:somethng AM.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Summer

Post by Summer »

FZ. wrote:
Summer wrote:
Ah, okay. So we more time. :) Cool deal.

But does that mean the poll or the Day? Do the Day and poll generally close together?
Summer

Post by Summer »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Summer wrote:
Midnight is the start of the new day's clock here. So it makes sense for it to end tomorrow night at 12:something AM, aka: Wednesday morning at 12:somethng AM.
Thank you!
FWvidChick

Post by FWvidChick »

kneel4justice wrote:

And back to work
What should we know? That because in the current game townies are being lynched, FZ wants to play a different way!?
That doesn't make sense to me, therefore of all people I do not understand that.
Hmmp my only reply to that is.. well it would help if they didn't put targets on themselves. Just sayin.

I get wanting to change if you feel you suck or whatever but yeah that comment. Hmm.

i miss my mafia text colour :(
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:

And back to work
You're misreading me. I meant that I thought that after seeing what jumping on people for little things did, you'd be more open to trying a different style. I guess I was wrong.
Why are you being so aggressive? It feels like you're disappointed in the game. I think you want people to be more active and it's frustrating you. If so, that would mean you're a townie, which would be good, but I still need more time.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FWvidChick

Post by FWvidChick »

FZ. wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

And back to work
You're misreading me. I meant that I thought that after seeing what jumping on people for little things did, you'd be more open to trying a different style. I guess I was wrong.
Why are you being so aggressive? It feels like you're disappointed in the game. I think you want people to be more active and it's frustrating you. If so, that would mean you're a townie, which would be good, but I still need more time.
Ah fair enough. Tho jumping onppl for little things hasn't imo been the issue but thanks for explaining.

FZ did u see my question to you earlier hun?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

@Jenny, I did see your question, and answered it. It's in my post that got screwed up. I bolded it now so you can see it.
FZ. wrote:
FWvidChick wrote:
FZ. wrote:

And back to work

First, to the bolded, to be honest, I love having my ksite friends here, but I have to say that I'm enjoying playing the speed game where there are no players from Ksite too, because I can be whoever I want. No expectations, not predispositions, nothing. Just be me as I feel. Not that I can guarantee I won't get lynched or anything there, but I'm still playing more freely, and I have to admit I like it.

And to your question, I don't feel I'm trying too hard, but being new is influencing me as well. As for Summer, it seemed like trying a little too hard, but at the same time, I could see how she was doing it as a civ, so I was just making an observation, and waiting.

First of all, I think it's only K4J who is going strongly after MP. I for one feel rather good about him at the moment, though it's just the beginning.
As contradictory as your two paragraphs are, they kind of make me feel good about you two.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote: You're misreading me. I meant that I thought that after seeing what jumping on people for little things did, you'd be more open to trying a different style. I guess I was wrong.
Honestly, I am not influenced by the other game because I am modding it and not participating it. I am not one making the mistakes, so I don't feel the need to change. I've plenty of times on KSITE actually tried to let things go on without my intervention, but I am incapable of doing that. I can't just watch the days go by without doing something and digging for things. I've tried it all before and I can't do it. I wouldn't say I am disappointed, because that is rude, I just wish there was more being done but that is my personal opinion and others have theirs and I am realizing I need to just sit and wait for things to pick up because I cannot pick them up by myself, and perhaps I shouldn't be trying since this isn't my house.
Summer

Post by Summer »

Bullzeye wrote:

Aww, thanks. :D Y'all seem cool, too.

I think its a way of getting our feet wet. Although, FZ is already playing a game so maybe just the other 4 (including myself) are sticking to those we know. You know, there seems to be some kind of stigma about calling someone you've just met dirty rotten scum. Not all people are comfortable with it! :haha:

I've seem some of the interactions between the K-Siters and the Syndicators; it does look like we are sticking to our own but I think y'all are being really nice and letting us settle in it seems. Don't be afraid to come at us, we can take it! And speaking of interactions, I know I've voiced some concerns on FZ but it looks like K4J might of, as well, and that is always interesting when these two knock heads. On our site they are both pretty vocal players and usually see eye to eye so when they don't, usually doesn't bode well for one of them. :|

(And before you get your dander up, I didn't say it was all you, FZ. :p)

Return to “Previous Jobs”