Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, this thread is moving pretty quickly.

Summer wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Actually, that can be a good move for you I think. I know that i was TOTALLY unable to keep up with the Ksite game using my playstyle from here, and i did not know enough about your players to play in your style, since the Ksite style seems to have a large element of metagaming in it~ "I suspect X because in the past they did not do this unless they were scum", and only knowing my own people, I could not ONLY suspect them.

And to some extent it does seem that most of the Ksite folk are mainly suspecting each other, or those they have previously played with.

And yeah, I also think AP has a point, I tend to see giant walls of text with little new content or mega multi quote posts with little new content as somewhat pingy. If there is a good theory in with the quotes, or a case being built, awesome. If it is just "I agree with this", or "I disagree with this" I see it as trying to look civvie.
So THAT is what metagaming is! I have heard the term, never knew what it meant! Okay, yeah, I am guilty of this!! I try NOT to do it, but after so many games with the same people, you can't help but do it. Also, when I see something, I try to use examples as touchstones for other people so they'll know what I am talking about.

And I don't think only Ksiters are suspecting Ksiters. I know I have commented on a few non-Ksiters and I believe the others have, too. And while I may voice concerns over what I see as suspicious behavior, it doesn't mean I necessarily find them all that suspicious. I just know now I am used to a big discussion going on which is where a lot of this stuff gets brought up. Its a very different play-style and I have feeling by the end of this, I may be a little annoying to y'all with the way I play. :(

I kinda feel like I have to respond to this in a weird way, lol. I want to say I agree with you, but I don't you think I am trying to look like a civvie. :p I guess when I say I agree with someone, it means I like their point. So, I like your point and your train of thought.
I understand; I fall into that trap sometimes as well.

Oh, re: KSiters suspecting KSiters, I didn't necessarily mean just that, I mean -- it seems you folk have mostly so far been commenting on each other and those of us (well, mainly me, and to some degree, Mongoose) who played over there. I do look forward to what insights you have to bring with regards to other players.

No worries!

DFaraday wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
WOW: Hold on... DF, is that poll right? I think it only goes 24 hours.
Should be fixed now. I had it set for two days, so now I set it to three (which apparently means two). I don't get the numbering. :shrug:
That's... weird. I've never heard of a problem like that. Perhaps it's funky due to time zones and ending right around midnight?

Boomslang wrote:Jeebus, you people are posting a great deal. I definitely think we're still in settling down period, but something interesting is emerging from the Ksite/Syndicate differences. I'd just hate for things to devolve into tribalism at this point. With the lack of information at Day One, it's important to keep an open mind.
Agreed, though I think it will be far from tribalism -- I'm far from convinced a vote for any of them will do any good, at this point. But maybe that's just me. Just a transitionary period when everyone has to get used to everyone else and a different style of playing.

FZ. wrote:Something about my previous post went wrong. Parts of my post are in the quote.

And also, I forgot to add something. I didn't like Mongoose first post where she explains why she voted the way she did in the poll. But it was just something small. Now, since we're playing two games simultaneously, I think I'm observing a different behavior in each of them. Not sure what this means because I'm not familiar with her game style. But while when someone accused her of something in the other game, she got sarcastic and annoyed, in here, she avoided my comment and answered really sweetly to Summer. It could just be the type of accusation, but my question to those who know her would be:

When is she more sarcastic and when more "sweet" (don't know how better to phrase it)?
Hmmm... very good question. SVS seemed to chime in here that Mongoose seems more "sweet" when bad.

I can't say I've ever noticed much of a difference in that regard. I do think Mongoose is more lighthearted and zany as a civvie, but that's not to say she's necessarily "sweeter".

Anyone else who knows Mongoose want to chime in here?

S~V~S wrote: No, not annoying. Just different. Seeing ones self out of fresh eyes can be a mixed blessing, though.

Very much a culture thing, I think. See, for me (and many of us, as a whole, I think, although not all since WE are also a mix of cultures~ many of us played Mafia before The Syndicate existed, and we pretty much all came from either Lostpedia or STV, which while similar, did have many differences in how they played. Quite a few of us never played before TS, and so we are forging our own thing here) when a person throws out a lot of “stream of consciousness” accusations early in the game it feels bad to me. We call it “mud flinging” or something similar; throwing mud and seeing what sticks.

Some people are easier targets for this than others :whistle: People who tend to get defensive find that it happens to them quite a bit. Which is the point of mud flinging as we ALSO tend, on the average, to view defensiveness as baddie behavior.

From a probability standpoint, one of the KSiters, maybe two, are probably baddies. So far I find FZs trying on a new style for fit to be interesting, but not really suspicious. Nor do I find you, or anyone else from KSite, particularly suspect for being yourselves.

Linki @FZ re Mongoose~ I have hosted her as a baddie, and mislynched her as a civ, and I do tend to think she DOES play a sweeter game when bad. So I may do some back reading of her later, that is an interesting observation you make.
I second that, definitely not annoying! I'm always glad to have new folks around here. :dance:

Don't forget, there's also the ProgArchives group, and I've found they have a very distinct mafia culture that's quite different from LP/STV as well.

Then of course you have the various others, many of which I or others know personally, so that's a mixed bag and hard to summarize.

Can you think of any examples re: your Mongoose comments here? I'm not sure I've ever noticed anything like that, but I do tend to think she has distinct playing styles when she has different alignments.

What's throwing me off about Mongoose LATELY is that she seems to have different styles on different sites. What she is posting here seems much more of what I'm used to, whereas in the RM and KSite games lately she seemed a bit off to me.

Bullzeye wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok. ksiters, slow down a bit on your MP suspicions and give him a chance to show his play style. He gets lynched A LOT as a civ because of his aggressive mannerisms and I'd hate to lose a potentially valuable civ this early because new people aren't used to him. If you find my defense of him suspicious, go ahead vote for me and see where that gets you :feb:

But as I said before, if nothing else catches my :eye: then I'm going to vote MP just to piss him off. I see I've already caught his GF's attention :p ;)
Very true, also in my experience MP is way noisier as a civ. I'd be curious if he was quiet but he seems to be making waves so right now I think he's not likely to be bad. Your idea of voting MP to piss him off seems... I dunno, interesting. I guess you could argue it's no different from voting a quiet person on day one when there's little to go on but it seems like an easy way to justify throwing a vote onto someone. Not that I'm suspicious of you for saying it, I just don't agree with the idea.
Devin and I know each other IRL, so it's very likely a playful jab at me. Not sure it tells me anything about Devin at all.

In fact, if I had to guess right now at gunpoint, I'd lean civvie on Devin based on his post content. But he's an outstanding (and crazy) player, so I always keep my eye on him whenever we have the pleasure (is that the right word?) of playing together.

And you think I'm way noisier as a civ? Interesting. I generally think my posting frequency mostly depends on what's going on for me IRL, but I don't know.

FWvidChick wrote:
That is an issue we've had on the otherside. Agreement means good, not understanding means bad. Which we've proven ourselves is a load of bunk tho we sometimes forget. LOl

I never thought, personally, anyone is just sitting around but I do admit to the fact I've no idea what to do beyond what i am use to :(

I do find it interesting you guys seem to be more so eyeballing the ones you know rather than the vast you do not... I suppose it's inevitable, especially this early on in the game. But something to keep in mind (More on this in my mini-paragraph not directly below, but two below).

All of that being said, I want to emphasize again I incredibly value your input and the new perspective you're bringing to this game! And feel free to play however you want (in fact, I encourage playing however most makes you feel comfortable), but recognize that we don't all play that way -- and that, obviously even within communities, players always play differently than each other.
We recognize the fact not all play the same. Trust me we do. It is jsut different. Some of us i think tho will adapt better then others lol. But i can say the same for you guys on ksite..you have brought a freshness we needed and i've loved having you. I don't think any of you have anything to worry about over there.

I do feel like you've brought fresh new eyes that have been helpful so far, so I greatly look forward to your thoughts on other players as you get to know them as well.

So who still hasn't checked in?

Gotta go now, be back around at some other time, probably later this evening.
What goes 24 hours? :| :eek: this is so fast for me its kinda funny. I feel this huge urge to rush..
Agreed on load of bunk... but I've seen it happen time and time again here too, and even I am guilty of it.

And go with however you want to play! Obviously though the things that will be different are the public roles, timing of Day/Night periods, etc.

DF's poll only lasted 24 instead of 48; it's fixed now.

kneel4justice wrote:
Summer wrote:I have to ask... Were you not getting anything out of anything?

Because, I am re-reading and I am actually seeing a bit more than I did. Maybe not scum-hunting that we are used to, but I have some opinions forming, for sure.
I made that post because I was not getting enough. There were a couple of thoughts in my head at the moment... particularly about Sorsha and MP but none of them were with confidence because nothing was really happening. I cannot scumhunt alone, I do need others, especially since I am new here. Which is why I asked that question.
MovingPictures07 wrote:It is just my style (as I've explained and elaborated). If you are a civvie, take a step back here and try to reconcile your thoughts to understand that fact.

I find it interesting you say you "want" to suspect me; I'm not quite sure I understand that statement. Why?
First of all, I think you and some other players are acting like I want to lynch you. That's not the case, I haven't even voted for you, so I am far from asking others to join me in lynching you. So the whole, take a step back just doesn't make sense with my current stance. All I am doing is noting what I find to be weird with your posting, and it very well may be your style, I even expressed that. I am confused as to how everyone thinks I am out for your blood, when that's not the case. TBH that itself concerns me, but oh well...

And by that statement, I was saying, your posting coming from a KSITE posted would define scumminess for me over there, so I wish I could make that determination here and have something solid like I am used to over there. I want to, because I want to find scum, but I can't do that because I am not familiar with you. That's what I meant.
MovingPictures07 wrote: Also, as I looked over my post again, I noticed this (bolded).

You say here in the bolded that you do not find Summer suspicious, yet you are indifferent to what it says about her alignment? How is that even possible? If something clearly influences your opinion of whether you do or do not suspect someone, how can it make you indifferent as to alignment?

Not saying this is necessarily suspicious (yet), just trying to understand.
In her post she said that I would probably find her suspicious for her statement, I returned saying I did not find her suspicious for it, but I also didn't find her townie for it. I could see the statement coming from scum Summer or townie Summer. Therefore I am indifferent to what it means for her alignment? Maybe indifferent is being used in the wrong context..I am just trying to say it does not influence me one way or another...I hope I didn't use the wrong word...lol
Thanks for your clarification(on all counts)!! Makes more sense to me now.

And as to people thinking you're gunning after me, well, again, I think it's coming down to a misunderstanding/cultural difference. Usually players don't express that level of certainty this early in the game (though we are at least now on Day 1, not Day 0), and it did seem you were pretty definitive on my case.

Now I can't tell if you're trying to back off since it's gotten heated or if you have maintained the same level of suspicion for me throughout.

Ahhhh, dreaded linkitis!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I want to get some of the no-shows (so far) and people who have hardly said anything talking more!

(AKA I'm tired of talking with you KSite folks already... just kidding. Or am I? :P)

Looking at the player list... I hardly remember anything (or nothing at all) from Bass, DP, Dom, Lizzy, Mata, Russ, Daisy, TH, Vomps, WOG, and Zany Dex... Do the players who haven't posted at all (IIRC DP, Russ, TH, WOG, Zany Dex... I think?) even know the game has started?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Devin and I know each other IRL, so it's very likely a playful jab at me. Not sure it tells me anything about Devin at all.

In fact, if I had to guess right now at gunpoint, I'd lean civvie on Devin based on his post content. But he's an outstanding (and crazy) player, so I always keep my eye on him whenever we have the pleasure (is that the right word?) of playing together.
Fair enough, like I said I'm not really suspicious of him. His comments just kinda caught my eye in a "that's an odd thing to admit to" kinda way.
And you think I'm way noisier as a civ? Interesting. I generally think my posting frequency mostly depends on what's going on for me IRL, but I don't know.
Could just be coincidence but yeah. I'm mentally comparing Homestar Runner to games like Mario and Video Game Mafia. You've been quiet when we've been baddies together basically, and I judge people's baddie games mostly off times I've been bad with them.

Linki - I agree! I'd love to hear from all of those people.
Summer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Summer »

What does "Linki" mean? I've seen if in a few posts from SVS and then MP said something about the dreaded linkitis?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I want to get some of the no-shows (so far) and people who have hardly said anything talking more!

(AKA I'm tired of talking with you KSite folks already... just kidding. Or am I? :P)

Looking at the player list... I hardly remember anything (or nothing at all) from Bass, DP, Dom, Lizzy, Mata, Russ, Daisy, TH, Vomps, WOG, and Zany Dex... Do the players who haven't posted at all (IIRC DP, Russ, TH, WOG, Zany Dex... I think?) even know the game has started?
I posted once lol. Sorry I'm sick and have been trying to keep up with this game and the Lost game I'm playing. The "Ksiters" post a lot so its a lot to keep up with but its still early yet and I want to see how things shake out.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Bullzeye »

Summer wrote:What does "Linki" mean? I've seen if in a few posts from SVS and then MP said something about the dreaded linkitis?
Linki is short for linkitis. It's where someone posts while you're typing up your own post and you want to respond to that one as well. It comes from years and years and years ago on Lostpedia.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Dom »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok. ksiters, slow down a bit on your MP suspicions and give him a chance to show his play style. He gets lynched A LOT as a civ because of his aggressive mannerisms and I'd hate to lose a potentially valuable civ this early because new people aren't used to him. If you find my defense of him suspicious, go ahead vote for me and see where that gets you :feb:

But as I said before, if nothing else catches my :eye: then I'm going to vote MP just to piss him off. I see I've already caught his GF's attention :p ;)
This.

Although, I find the discussions about the differences in culture interesting, I find them very unnecessary to this game in particular. :p I'm going to be looking at those perseverating on the cultural differences.

The thread is moving quickly and I'm singed up for a goal of like 5 games, so bear with me :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Fair enough, like I said I'm not really suspicious of him. His comments just kinda caught my eye in a "that's an odd thing to admit to" kinda way.
Could just be coincidence but yeah. I'm mentally comparing Homestar Runner to games like Mario and Video Game Mafia. You've been quiet when we've been baddies together basically, and I judge people's baddie games mostly off times I've been bad with them.

Hmmm... interesting point. There's also MOTU though where I was baddie and posted like hell, but I suppose that game was different than most of my baddie games.

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I want to get some of the no-shows (so far) and people who have hardly said anything talking more!

I posted once lol. Sorry I'm sick and have been trying to keep up with this game and the Lost game I'm playing. The "Ksiters" post a lot so its a lot to keep up with but its still early yet and I want to see how things shake out.
Oh, no worries! I am not calling any of the list out as suspicious or noncontributing as if it's bad (it's still early in the game), but I just like encouraging lower posts to post their thoughts because I like getting everyone's perspective.

Makes sense, thanks!

Bullzeye wrote:
Summer wrote:What does "Linki" mean? I've seen if in a few posts from SVS and then MP said something about the dreaded linkitis?
Linki is short for linkitis. It's where someone posts while you're typing up your own post and you want to respond to that one as well. It comes from years and years and years ago on Lostpedia.
This!

Wasn't it named after Link McCloud?

Anyway, gotta go now, folks, see you all later!

Linkitis: You have a good point, Dom, people should be judged by their behavior in this game. I'm always an advocate of that being the primary source of suspicion. BUT they play mafia very, very differently over there, so I do think it helps to be mindful, especially early on and especially for them, of gameplay/culture differences, so that we can avoid logical fallacies and so that we can better understand each other. I do agree though that if someone keeps harping about it over and over to use it to manipulate it obviously could be abused, though.

And I do think maybe it's time to let it fade away from being the main topic of discussion, HENCE my desire to get some no-shows and low posters (thus far, that is, it hasn't been long) talking and such.

And damn, 5 games?? Which others?

Alright, seriously, gone now!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I am different on different sites and I think it's just level of comfort. I consider this my "home" site, so I feel more comfortable here. I am not intentionally doing anything though, so it's been interesting from an analytic standpoint to get feedback on how I've been different on the various mafia arenas.

I didn't mean to sound sarcastic or sardonic (I thought I was being hilarious and not mean) but please attribute any surliness to the late hour. I'm not really a night person and am brighter during the main part of the day. I have noticed I come across more terse when I'm tired, but I don't notice it until the next day. I hope I do come across as sweet because that's just me. Sugar and sprinkles. :Mongoose:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Re: WWE MAFIA - Day 0

Post by Spacedaisy »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, caught up. All I really want to say at the moment is... Yay for having the Ksiters here! They bring much appreciated new perspective IMO.

Oh and I am thinking of voting Devin when Day 1 rolls around, just because that's how I roll.
Defending your BF I see ;) :hugs: Glad I have your vote!! :D
Well he is sick and all, so I'm trying to be nice.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Devin and I know each other IRL, so it's very likely a playful jab at me. Not sure it tells me anything about Devin at all.
This ;) :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Draconus »

It's also revenge for making me read your Great Wall O' Posts!!! :WTF:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found this!!! :dalek: XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

Dom wrote:

This.

Although, I find the discussions about the differences in culture interesting, I find them very unnecessary to this game in particular. :p I'm going to be looking at those perseverating on the cultural differences.

The thread is moving quickly and I'm singed up for a goal of like 5 games, so bear with me :p
I was thinking the exact same thing as the bolded
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by FZ. »

Before I leave for bed, there was one person, who I can't remember the name who was posting a lot of fluff (off topic) back and forth with A person (I think that was him, not sure). I remember expecting that person to be done with the fluff and start saying something with meat, but it didn't come. Now I don't remember who it was. Does anyone remember that? I think they were talking about names in another site, or something like that.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 295

Post by S~V~S »

MP, I am NOT going to quote your post and then try to surgically cut it down so i can answer one question, lol~
The Sock Says: Can you think of any examples re: your Mongoose comments here? I'm not sure I've ever noticed anything like that, but I do tend to think she has distinct playing styles when she has different alignments.

What's throwing me off about Mongoose LATELY is that she seems to have different styles on different sites. What she is posting here seems much more of what I'm used to, whereas in the RM and KSite games lately she seemed a bit off to me.
She has addressed this before, in other games, but for me, her baddie game was beautiful in AG, and she played a very light hearted fun, sweet game there. I know she has said it was due to the sockpuppets, but I thought of all the people playing, she was most obviously HER through the disguise. But i cannot read her for shit, which is why I would like to reread her in both threads. I thought that the observation FZ made, that she seemed to be playing different games at the same time in different threads was an interesting point. We might have a baddie Mongoose in one thread, and a civ in the other, although I could not say if that were the case which was which.

But I think you learn more about a persons game hosting them that playing with them, tbh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 410

Post by Epignosis »

I'm reading, but noticing the poll time issue, this is what my poll says:

Who Murdered Todd?

Poll runs till Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:57 am
You may select 1 option
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Matahari »

I have a question for the ksiters. We used to play the aggressive day 1&2 thing at Stv too, but we almost always wound up lynching civvies. Then, the people who led the lynches would get lynched the next day, and most always, they were civvies too. It was awfully predictable, and eventually, people started slowing down in their scum-hunting a bit. My question is how successful are you guys at getting scum lynched on day 1?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:I'm reading, but noticing the poll time issue, this is what my poll says:

Who Murdered Todd?

You may select 1 option
This is correct. I guess I just picked an awkward time for it. I shall try to remedy it in future posts. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 267

Post by kneel4justice »

Matahari wrote:I have a question for the ksiters. We used to play the aggressive day 1&2 thing at Stv too, but we almost always wound up lynching civvies. Then, the people who led the lynches would get lynched the next day, and most always, they were civvies too. It was awfully predictable, and eventually, people started slowing down in their scum-hunting a bit. My question is how successful are you guys at getting scum lynched on day 1?
Actually, we do not lynch often on Day 1. I think that people are interrupting suspicions as wanting to lynch someone, and that isn't the case. Day 1 is generally a day to get our thoughts out, have discussions, ect. Then after enough time to think over it and enough discussion we typically lynch Day 2. Although, lynching the people who lead the lynches isn't always what happens over there, we look for those who bangwagoned, those who avoided voting too, and other elements.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

DFaraday wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm reading, but noticing the poll time issue, this is what my poll says:

Who Murdered Todd?

You may select 1 option
This is correct. I guess I just picked an awkward time for it. I shall try to remedy it in future posts. :noble:
My poll says it ends Tuesday at this time, not Wednesday.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

I know it's hard to accept, but some people live in different time zones.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:I know it's hard to accept, but some people live in different time zones.
I disagree. This would imply an orbital time zone, in which it's winter in one hemisphere and summer in the other. And that is patently absurd.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Hmmm... interesting point. There's also MOTU though where I was baddie and posted like hell, but I suppose that game was different than most of my baddie games.

Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Oh, no worries! I am not calling any of the list out as suspicious or noncontributing as if it's bad (it's still early in the game), but I just like encouraging lower posts to post their thoughts because I like getting everyone's perspective.

Makes sense, thanks!

Bullzeye wrote:
This!

Wasn't it named after Link McCloud?

Anyway, gotta go now, folks, see you all later!

Linkitis: You have a good point, Dom, people should be judged by their behavior in this game. I'm always an advocate of that being the primary source of suspicion. BUT they play mafia very, very differently over there, so I do think it helps to be mindful, especially early on and especially for them, of gameplay/culture differences, so that we can avoid logical fallacies and so that we can better understand each other. I do agree though that if someone keeps harping about it over and over to use it to manipulate it obviously could be abused, though.

And I do think maybe it's time to let it fade away from being the main topic of discussion, HENCE my desire to get some no-shows and low posters (thus far, that is, it hasn't been long) talking and such.

And damn, 5 games?? Which others?

Alright, seriously, gone now!
Yeah, basic talk about it what necessary, but I think I'm getting the picture. We don't need to make it the topic of the day. It just wouldn't catch us baddies...

I'm signed up for five, not playing. I'm playing three. Although, one won't start until January. :p Liars Club could start soon, The Island is still going, WWE, Shawshank, Championship, and breaking bad.
So that's like six. :p
Yes, it was named after Link, but I think Dave came up with it? Maybe? I don't remember :$
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:I know it's hard to accept, but some people live in different time zones.
Um..ok... my mistake then.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
I disagree. This would imply an orbital time zone, in which it's winter in one hemisphere and summer in the other. And that is patently absurd.
As always, your cool head and logical thinking have shone the harsh light of truth on the situation.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:
She has addressed this before, in other games, but for me, her baddie game was beautiful in AG, and she played a very light hearted fun, sweet game there.
Ooh, thank you. That was an intensely fun game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Sockpants's posting this game (in style, content, and amount) has reminded me a bit of The Homestar Runner Incident 2013.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

Mongoose wrote:Sockpants's posting this game (in style, content, and amount) has reminded me a bit of The Homestar Runner Incident 2013.
This made me giggle. This far I have not noticed anything distinctly Baddie about his play style, but to be honest, it is early yet in the game and he works extra hard to try and fool me, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Loulou26 »

Hey guys, I'm here. Gonna go do a quick catch up to see what I've missed.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Summer wrote:I just noticed something went kinda wrong with my post... I have comments in there that look like they are part of conversation!! :|

Man Summer that was a loooong post to quote lol so I'm quoting this one it's easier. To answer your question, BoTD is benefit of the doubt.

I like that post from you though, reminds me of townie you so far. So far so good.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

FWvidChick wrote:
FZ. wrote:For Summer, wondering why I'm trying the style of this site, and not continuing ours, there are two reasons for this:
a. I still feel a little like a guest, and it seems rude to me to push my style in their face.
b. I actually do want to try their way. You and K4J of all people (after the disaster that's going on in the game on Ksite for the townies), should understand that. Unless you think you can do a lot better than all the rest :p
First when it comes to ksite and any drama..you being aggressive (in your face style) has never been an issue. Anyone can put their foot in their mouth from time to time without meaning to. Aggressiveness is never an issue. its how things ar worded or implied or the person who took offenses pov and bias (like their mood and assumptions), which can happen even when a person isn't being 'in your face'.

For this site i think your aggressiveness would work wonderful and I think you should. From the quick pace no hold back sorta feel i am getting I need you to be FZ. please don't make me beg you to be all kick-ass FZ.

I understand the guest feel. I feel like i am caught up in a whirlwind. i'ts like learning mafia all over again hahaha.

And Summer, your posts come off as trying a little to hard. I'm not sure yet if it's just being excited (and maybe a little stressed) about playing on a new site, or it's you trying to appear like you're "hunting"
And on that note, I also agree with A personon the fact that sometimes it's as easy to hide behind a wall of suspicions as it is to hide behind silence. To me it's about the nature of the suspicions. Call it quality over quantity if you will.
And back to work
I agreed with A person The stick to the wall comment reminds me of how i feel about some stragtegies at ksite. So that felt a bit homey.

Question for you FZ.. while i like the go at her aspect of this (thats the FZ I know) could also your own behavior also be construed as 'trying to hard' you both (like myself) are new. It seems such an easy thing to comment on. While i agree on the quality over quantity.. sometimes quantity is a gearing up to quality. Someone establishing their foothold, a handle on things.
Yeah I didn't really see Summer's posts as trying too hard so I find myself wondering if there's something going on between those two. Too early to tell I suppose.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Isn't this slightly contradictory? In one breath you're telling us not to suspect him so early because you don't want him lynched, yet you're willing to vote him to just piss him off? I'm not sure if you're serious or not but that feels strange to me.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And one big point I want to address brought up by Ksiters is: No one is just sitting around. Things will develop, trust me. I personally am not gunning HARD after anyone right now because I fail to see anything of note that would be suspicious from anyone. It's just a matter of different mafia culture; I know it takes some getting used to. But I didn't find every single one of you suspicious because you were throwing out TONS of suspicions... and just because I don't agree with that style of playing doesn't mean it makes you baddie. In fact, players in mafia often fall in the trap of thinking if someone agrees with me, they're more apt to be good, and that if I don't understand this person, they're more apt to be bad. Just not true most of the time.

I do find it interesting you guys seem to be more so eyeballing the ones you know rather than the vast you do not... I suppose it's inevitable, especially this early on in the game. But something to keep in mind (More on this in my mini-paragraph not directly below, but two below).

All of that being said, I want to emphasize again I incredibly value your input and the new perspective you're bringing to this game! And feel free to play however you want (in fact, I encourage playing however most makes you feel comfortable), but recognize that we don't all play that way -- and that, obviously even within communities, players always play differently than each other.

I do feel like you've brought fresh new eyes that have been helpful so far, so I greatly look forward to your thoughts on other players as you get to know them as well.

So who still hasn't checked in?

Gotta go now, be back around at some other time, probably later this evening.
LOL I can see this happening a lot but don't lump us all in with the same group haha. I may be a ksiter but that doens't mean I agree with them all the time. I wonder how many posts from the ksiters will involve the phrase 'over on ksite' LOL
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

FZ. wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
FZ. wrote:For Summer, wondering why I'm trying the style of this site, and not continuing ours, there are two reasons for this:
a. I still feel a little like a guest, and it seems rude to me to push my style in their face.
b. I actually do want to try their way. You and K4J of all people (after the disaster that's going on in the game on Ksite for the townies), should understand that. Unless you think you can do a lot better than all the rest :p

So right now, I'm trying to find the balance between how I'm used to playing, and how things are done here. Seems the most logical to me.

And Summer, your posts come off as trying a little to hard. I'm not sure yet if it's just being excited (and maybe a little stressed) about playing on a new site, or it's you trying to appear like you're "hunting"
And on that note, I also agree with A personon the fact that sometimes it's as easy to hide behind a wall of suspicions as it is to hide behind silence. To me it's about the nature of the suspicions. Call it quality over quantity if you will.
And back to work
Um. Don't like the bold, at all.
What should we know? That because in the current game townies are being lynched, FZ wants to play a different way!?
That doesn't make sense to me, therefore of all people I do not understand that.
You're misreading me. I meant that I thought that after seeing what jumping on people for little things did, you'd be more open to trying a different style. I guess I was wrong.
Why are you being so aggressive? It feels like you're disappointed in the game. I think you want people to be more active and it's frustrating you. If so, that would mean you're a townie, which would be good, but I still need more time.

Why are you asking why he's being aggressive? You of all people know how aggressive he gets in this game so I'm curious why now you're asking him that. He seems normal to me so far, probably a little gung ho and wants to really get going but I can't see anything suspicious. But you're acting totally differently to how you normally do. Time will tell I guess whether it's a ruse or you just really wanting to change your play style for a new site.
FWvidChick
Posts in topic: 10

Post by FWvidChick »

kneel4justice wrote:
Matahari wrote:I have a question for the ksiters. We used to play the aggressive day 1&2 thing at Stv too, but we almost always wound up lynching civvies. Then, the people who led the lynches would get lynched the next day, and most always, they were civvies too. It was awfully predictable, and eventually, people started slowing down in their scum-hunting a bit. My question is how successful are you guys at getting scum lynched on day 1?
Actually, we do not lynch often on Day 1. I think that people are interrupting suspicions as wanting to lynch someone, and that isn't the case. Day 1 is generally a day to get our thoughts out, have discussions, ect. Then after enough time to think over it and enough discussion we typically lynch Day 2. Although, lynching the people who lead the lynches isn't always what happens over there, we look for those who bangwagoned, those who avoided voting too, and other elements.
^this. Day 1 lynches when we do rarely go well. Hahaha omg. I can only think of one game where it worked out for the town benefit. I can also remember a game hehe where I pushed a townie lynch day one so my scum team had benefits :feb: so yeah not the best idea or usual.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

I get what Llama's saying about the lynch being the tool of the civs, but I can't help thinking it's bought all the civs another day to get sealegs.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Hah OMG don't ask. Terrible. I think for example out of ten times lynching on day 1, we lynched a scum probably once. Yet we never learned. Still haven't. Although the current game we did lynch the GF on the second day.

I have a question, on ksite on day one if no one feels comfortable voting for someone, we vote no lynch, how does that apply here because I remember someone saying something about being punished for not voting? Just wondering how that works.
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

kneel4justice wrote:
Kitty do you not remember the last few games we've had? Lynched someone on day 1 and almost always took out a townie? Cos I do. And then the next day we were all...so and so voted you rather fast so lets lynch him and he was a townie too! LOL
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

kneel4justice wrote:
DFaraday wrote:

Who Murdered Todd?

You may select 1 option
My poll says it ends Tuesday at this time, not Wednesday.

Lol well mine says it ends at 5am on Wednesday morning. :shrug:
Loulou26
Stool Pigeon

Post by Loulou26 »

Ooh I caught up. Okay I'm gonna go watch TVD now so I don't spam this thread haha. I have a tendency to do that when catching up.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Loulou26 wrote: Why are you asking why he's being aggressive? You of all people know how aggressive he gets in this game so I'm curious why now you're asking him that. He seems normal to me so far, probably a little gung ho and wants to really get going but I can't see anything suspicious. But you're acting totally differently to how you normally do. Time will tell I guess whether it's a ruse or you just really wanting to change your play style for a new site.
I don't understand why she asked either. I feel like this is so OC for FZ, she had to have known we'd be all over her. But I've seen scum pull this kind of stunt before. It's a hard one, but perhaps now FZ feels it is the perfect time to believably do it. I'd like it better if she had just said she wanted to try something new, but saying it because of the current KSITE game, which isn't her fault and she's been dead in for quite a while just seems like a flimsy reason.
Mongoose wrote:I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

I get what Llama's saying about the lynch being the tool of the civs, but I can't help thinking it's bought all the civs another day to get sealegs.
I am wondering if you are genuinely concerned or just don't want to lose a buddy Day 1. Then again, if you all don't succeed in lynching scum Day 1 very often, I suppose you'd have no reason to be afraid...
Loulou26 wrote: Kitty do you not remember the last few games we've had? Lynched someone on day 1 and almost always took out a townie? Cos I do. And then the next day we were all...so and so voted you rather fast so lets lynch him and he was a townie too! LOL
I honestly cannot remember what game you're referring to. However, it doesn't change what I said. Day 1 lynches may not succeed but I am not here campaigning for one. I am campaigning only for some suspicions/scumhunting. That's all.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

kneel4justice wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

I am wondering if you are genuinely concerned or just don't want to lose a buddy Day 1. Then again, if you all don't succeed in lynching scum Day 1 very often, I suppose you'd have no reason to be afraid...

I get what you are saying, but this is a pretty established opinion on mine (in other words, not something just from this game). Llama and I have a history of distinctly disagreeing on it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Home girl, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard you say.

First, how often is it that a bad person is lynched Day 1?

Second, how many of those games have you been in?

Third, what does "spirals...our of control for days on end" mean?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*out of control
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

First off, yay game! Sorry I wasn't around on Day 0 at all! I just checked my role PM last night and I was very tired and worked at 5 AM this morning (bleh) so catching up now.

So far, there definitely feels like a divide in playstyle between the KSiters (I kind of figured they would be much more aggressive) and the Syndicaters (much more laid back in comparison). I think it will be interesting to see the dynamics that emerge (and have already started to) because of it.

Sorsha's "I am a civvie" comment pinged me slightly at first, but the more I've read, the less it's meant anything to me. So I'll let that one go.

I think it was an interesting catch by FZ on Mongoose coming off as "sweet" or whatever word applies best to that situation. Something to keep in mind.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found this!!! :dalek: XD
NO WAI!!!!! I have a new favorite smiley now. :D
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:

I have said a lot of ridiculous things. I am sure we could find one that's better. Don't you remember the Sockface/Mongoose Crazy-off Incident of 2013?

Anyway, let's address these

1. I've probably seen it 3 times (this is across all mafia sites, not just this one). Statistically, maybe 1/5? Roughly?
2. Well, all three of the ones I remember. The most recent one was maybe Homestar (geez, how many times can I namecheck that game today?) when we bumbled onto poor Eloh.
3. I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

To clarify, I'd always rather lynch a baddie than not, but I like to point out the silver lining in the situation. Why so sirius?

The above was to the best of my recollection and any of the errors above are purely the author's.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I have said a lot of ridiculous things. I am sure we could find one that's better. Don't you remember the Sockface/Mongoose Crazy-off Incident of 2013?

1. I've probably seen it 3 times (this is across all mafia sites, not just this one). Statistically, maybe 1/5? Roughly?
2. Well, all three of the ones I remember. The most recent one was maybe Homestar (geez, how many times can I namecheck that game today?) when we bumbled onto poor Eloh.
3. I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

To clarify, I'd always rather lynch a baddie than not, but I like to point out the silver lining in the situation. Why so sirius?

The above was to the best of my recollection and any of the errors above are purely the author's.
It's funny that I'm teaching Gonzo journalism and Hunter S. Thompson to my journalism kids this week...

But golly I don't know about you. I'm so tempted to vote you.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It's funny that I'm teaching Gonzo journalism and Hunter S. Thompson to my journalism kids this week...

But golly I don't know about you. I'm so tempted to vote you.
Vote me for...class president?

Have you seen Where the Buffalo Roam? Bill Murray is quite good in it. I took Literary Journalism at UF J-School and became obsessssssed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose: I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

Epi: Third, what does "spirals...our of control for days on end" mean?

Mongoose: I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

++++

In other words, she talks about multiple games spiraling out of control after the lynch of a foe on Day 1, but her discussion on that point is limited to a single game.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:Mongoose: I feel like when we do lynch a baddie on Day 1, it nearly always spirals the game out of control for days on end. Day 1 is nearly always lose/lose/lose situation. I guess it's about mitigating the damage more than anything.

Epi: Third, what does "spirals...our of control for days on end" mean?

Mongoose: I might be prone to hyperbole, but who is to say? What I mean is that after finding a baddie, we went on this crazy hallucinogenic-fueled trip that was evocative of Fear and Loathing that I thought would ever end! Finger pointing based on those who "obvious baddies" who were blendy by voting Eloh. The obvious baddies who did not vote her. The obvious baddies who did not vote for one of the main vote-catchers. That runaway train slid off the rails for a while. Baddies seized the opprtunity and sowed fear into the group, and brother fought against brother. The baddie body had ways to try to shut that whole thing down, and they almost did!

++++

In other words, she talks about multiple games spiraling out of control after the lynch of a foe on Day 1, but her discussion on that point is limited to a single game.
Well I can address the other games if you like, I just didn't want to go on and on without being asked. I thought Homestar was the best game because it was the only one I could think of on The Syndicate and also the one most proximate in time (I think).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”