35%

Total votes: 23
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Re: [DAY 0] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Boomslang »

Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Omg omg omg, I totally forgot about 'B is for Baddie'. Who came up with that Tango Malarkey, was it Logan?
Seems like the kind of whacky idea he'd come up with doesn't it? I don't actually remember. I just looked into the Bioshock thread to check but apparently every word in 'B is for Baddie' is too common to search for.
Yay for getting caught in the crossfire on that one :P But I'd obviously have to go with Meat Boy for my own best performance. Doing the thing I do best, which is get people to think I'm bad when I'm not, and it paid off for once.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Hello everyone! So excited to be back and playing another game on the Syndicate! :biggrin:

I picked Masters of the Universe as my best performance because I made it to the end as last wo(man) standing using a prize I won on Day 0 of the game. :noble:
ImageImage

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:It just occurred to me that I have never ever won as a civilian. I have only ever won as a bad guy. :eek:
I'm the exact opposite, I've never really won as a baddie. American Gods is the closest, but I died before the end of the game, so I'm not sure about actually counting it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

DFaraday wrote:
Epignosis wrote:It just occurred to me that I have never ever won as a civilian. I have only ever won as a bad guy. :eek:
I'm the exact opposite, I've never really won as a baddie. American Gods is the closest, but I died before the end of the game, so I'm not sure about actually counting it.
I am equally as capable of a win regardless of my allegiance. So this should be easy peasy. :D
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by agleaminranks »

Hmm... well, even in the only game I won, I got killed pretty early on. That was the case with most of the games I played too. I'm going to say that my best game was in Homestar Runner mafia because I participated the most, survived the longest, and got most involved.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

First post!

Now to catch up.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Mongoose wrote:Fun fact: I hate it when people say "Let's bounce"

It makes me picture them on those big inflatable balls with the handles on them that kids used in the 80s/90s.
I had one of those as a kid. They were a lot of fun, even if I may or may not have done stupid things with it.... <_<
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote:
you win with your team, dead or alive in my games, so you won.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

WTF 3 pages already?? Oh well, it is the Champions game :fiesta:
insertnamehere wrote:I've only won three games, 1 ended really early, 1 I was inactive for most of the game, and the last one was Super Meat Boy. So, if the baddies weren't pissing their pants before, they are now. I'm really proud of the game I played in SMB, I felt like I actually fucking contributed to my team's win, which is nice. In terms of hosting, I'm really proud of Twin Peaks. It was a very ambitious concept, but it went out (more or less) without a hitch. Sherlock had it's fair share of problems, but it was a great proof of concept for that certain type of game. Sherlock also has maybe my favorite moment in a game, when Lizzy wrote a list stating everyone's roles, and she was right on all of them. But, I'm guessing MP means in terms of playing, so I'll have to go with SMB.
SMB was indeed a great performance by our whole team! I had a great time being on your team inh :dance:
I enjoyed being a trio of Maggots.

However, I have to say my best performance was in Bioshock as Sander Cohen! I felt like a stealthy ninja in that game, making it to end-game without losing a single life and only using my 2 plasmids during the very last 2 Day periods (I first used my target dummy giving me 2 additional life protections. Second I used my bee swarm on Nev to ensure he wouldn't try to kill myself or SD (which he did :p) while I searched for the final photo necessary for my team's victory). Nev was also able to win with us because I never received more than 4 votes during a single lynch. And I only received 4 votes once towards the end of the game :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I only wish I could say I am Sander Cohen again :noble:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I can't remember enough details to pick my 'best', so I'll go based on 'favorite'. Which would probably be Macgyver. I was him, but I remember getting recruited by Kate (pretty sure it was her so correct me if I'm wrong), which got us recruited to a baddie team and it was right around the time everyone was starting to think I was a civvie. But that recruitment was probably the main reason we ended up winning.

Linki: Yeah, I think it's safe to say Bioshock was your best. You played it extremely well and pretty much everything that needed to fall your way did. I always enjoy having games like that. Macgyver and Electronic Mafia are probably my best 2 examples of that.

Linki2: OR ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Okay, I am not above pandering. If sock puppet games are what the people what, I am sure I could accommodate that...if I had a game up for submission. Ahem.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

If we do receive all votes before the deadline, I will end Day 0 and start the next period early, FYI.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vomps, tell us about your vote, son.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

juliets wrote:Hi everyone!

I don't know how ya'll remember so much detail about your roles! For example, in Masters of the Universe all I can remember is having a link through bf to the civv bts was a blast and how MP drove me crazy as an outed baddie. I can't for the life of me remember what I did! I remember one game where I was bad - Kate was one of the people bad with me - and we all had extra bts occasionally with a random group of people to decide who to vote for i think. I can remember I had to fool people into thinking I was good and it seemed hard everytime i had to do it, and felt especially bad about some people like Rusti. That game, whatever it was, is the one I remember doing the best in. Now what game was that guys? I cant remember to save my life.

Ok, I'll do some thinking and maybe some perusing those past games to see if i remember which one that was.
That was McGyver!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:Vomps, tell us about your vote, son.
I don't want to talk about it. :blush:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

Vompatti wrote:
Ah, the Vompatti strategy. Vote randomly, and explain nothing.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

insertnamehere wrote:Y'all motherfuckers ready to PLAY?
:srsnod:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
I'm thinking of trying that out this game. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
To be fair, anyone who played Mario should understand his vote. Vomp was pretty kickass in that game.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
I am equally as capable of a win regardless of my allegiance. So this should be easy peasy. :D
This is my favorite post of the thread so far :noble:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

blindfaeth wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
It kind of makes me want to lynch DH, actually.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Vompatti »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
To be fair, anyone who played Mario should understand his vote. Vomp was pretty kickass in that game.
Ture. :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
I concur.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Vompatti wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Ture. :mafia:
It really was. Interestingly enough it was one of Vomps more talkative games as he was a top 5 poster.

Mongoose 228
Epignosis 172 - host
Hedgeowl 171
Vompatti 151
Bullzeye 108
Snow Dog 88
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Lizzy wrote:HUZZAH!
Dom wrote:I may have lost American Gods, but I certainly did better than I expected to. I think the way I had to think my kills was pretty good. I certainly tried my best, but the civvies did not allow me to win. :p Damn Cult!
Damn Cult? Damn DP for rezzing the SK! Who does that anyway? Oooh... :p
insertnamehere wrote: Sherlock had it's fair share of problems, but it was a great proof of concept for that certain type of game. Sherlock also has maybe my favorite moment in a game, when Lizzy wrote a list stating everyone's roles, and she was right on all of them.
Awwwww! :hugs: And I was under the impression that you hated my guts for that. :p Even though that's the 'Lizzy list', I did not compile it on my own, but with Matt AP, as a result of info AND lots of deduction because it was Sherlock k. We decided that I should be the one to make it public because my chances of advancing into the game at that point were diminishing significantly, but he still had a chance since he was part of Team Super Alliance as well. :p So yus! Sherlock is my best performance even though I didn't win and it's also my favourite game and concept for a mafia game thus far. Oh and one of my favourite moments was also from Sherlock when Vomps, who had a fab game, said something like 'I'm getting strong civvie vibes from No.6' and everyone jumped on No.6 thinking it was Vomps, but Matt F (I think) got lynched instead. :haha: And a shout out to Thomas and AG and my BTSC buddies! :hugs:

My worst was Meat Boy easily! Now I proudly added Shawshank to the list! :p
OMG I forgot Dom has been reader as the SK twice.
One in your game, and once by you! :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I also just noticed that my post said 'reader", not rezzed. I love so many things about my new phone, aggressive autocorrect is not one of them, lol.

Not proofreading ftl.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I can't remember enough details to pick my 'best', so I'll go based on 'favorite'. Which would probably be Macgyver. I was him, but I remember getting recruited by Kate (pretty sure it was her so correct me if I'm wrong), which got us recruited to a baddie team and it was right around the time everyone was starting to think I was a civvie. But that recruitment was probably the main reason we ended up winning.

Linki: Yeah, I think it's safe to say Bioshock was your best. You played it extremely well and pretty much everything that needed to fall your way did. I always enjoy having games like that. Macgyver and Electronic Mafia are probably my best 2 examples of that.

Linki2: OR ARE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
Thank you, David!!!!

And No. ;)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
I'm thinking of trying that out this game. :)
Lynch him!!!! :blush:

Sadly I think I've done that to vompers before... sorry V-Man!

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

reywaS wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
DFaraday wrote: I'm the exact opposite, I've never really won as a baddie. American Gods is the closest, but I died before the end of the game, so I'm not sure about actually counting it.
I concur.
:haha: That is a bandwagon I'd be willing to hop on just for a bit of irony.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

reywaS wrote:*Snip bunch o punks saying they wanna lynch me*
I concur.[/quote]

Do it. :srsnod:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fear is the mind killer.

ImageImage
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Anyone have speculation as to what the results of this poll will be? :o Do you think some of the options are good/bad?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:Anyone have speculation as to what the results of this poll will be? :o Do you think some of the options are good/bad?
Knowing MP like I do, The poll is probably to produce maximum paranoia. Dude lives by the credo Funny or Die. Ain't nothin' funnier than a bunch of player's losing their shit over a meaningless D0 poll.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Anyone have speculation as to what the results of this poll will be? :o Do you think some of the options are good/bad?
Knowing MP like I do, The poll is probably to produce maximum paranoia. Dude lives by the credo Funny or Die. Ain't nothin' funnier than a bunch of player's losing their shit over a meaningless D0 poll.
The poll means this: Rub one out on your former glories. You are now a private in Full Metal Jacket.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
The poll means this: Rub one out on your former glories. You are now a private in Full Metal Jacket.
I'm not rubbing nothing out. There are ladies present. :|

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

DharmaHelper wrote:

My thought is that there isn't a winning option per se. As DH said, it's either completely meaningless and just a fun way to reminisce about the past year or the options assign something to like benefits. In super meat boy, I was removed from the poll for voting a specific option for example. I dont remember if Day 0 bioshock poll conferred anything special.

However, since the poll has speed and full games, there clearly would be more voters for larger games or games where a large team may have won together vs a smaller speed game.

Linki - :Uhh:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I am just disappointed that nobody has voted for the game I hosted. :(

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

I would agree with Hedgeowl. Recently the trend has been that poll options have individual effects. A great example of this would be Shawshank Redemption, and I also think MP did it in Bioshock, if I remember correctly.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:I am just disappointed that nobody has voted for the game I hosted. :(
If the poll asked a different question, then your game is up there for one of my favorites. However, it was not my finest performance although it was fun being Grady twins with Vompers. :zombie:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Just waiting on three more votes!

Again, if I get them early, I'll try to end the period early, but since it is getting late tonight and tomorrow should prove to be way busier than today, not sure how the timing will work out for me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

As to my vote, even though it doesn't count in this game, my best performance would have to be Masters of the Universe, despite the fact that I did not win, and in my opinion made at least one fatal, tactical flaw.

Getting to play alongside Snow Dog in his first game ever and constantly scheme with my epic team of six all throughout playing that truly epic game was something else -- and then to get to play the outed baddie for a few day periods on top of that was the icing on the cake. :feb:

I went out of my way to mimic my civvie game with so much effort that game and to this day I think it is one of my finest performances, if not my finest, up until my fatal mistake of not throwing Snow Dog under the bus and instead trying out a very risky gambit. The fact that FH protected me Night 1 amazed me upon reveal at endgame discussion. I can't believe my game could have ended that quickly otherwise.

Really enjoying all of the discussion, it must be said. Interesting to see which games players think showcase their best this year, regardless of whether they won, and why. Fun to reminisce too. So many amazing games hosted this year.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I think one of the best things about this year in mafia (well for me it was May - December since I'm new) was the games inspiring you to watch/read/play the source material.

I watched Sherlock solely because of the Sherlock game.
I read American Gods solely because of the AG game.
I watched my first episode of Thomas the Tank Engine because of that game.
I saw my first Teen Girl Squad greatness because of Homestar Runner.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:As to my vote, even though it doesn't count in this game, my best performance would have to be Masters of the Universe, despite the fact that I did not win, and in my opinion made at least one fatal, tactical flaw.

Getting to play alongside Snow Dog in his first game ever and constantly scheme with my epic team of six all throughout playing that truly epic game was something else -- and then to get to play the outed baddie for a few day periods on top of that was the icing on the cake. :feb:

I went out of my way to mimic my civvie game with so much effort that game and to this day I think it is one of my finest performances, if not my finest, up until my fatal mistake of not throwing Snow Dog under the bus and instead trying out a very risky gambit. The fact that FH protected me Night 1 amazed me upon reveal at endgame discussion. I can't believe my game could have ended that quickly otherwise.

Really enjoying all of the discussion, it must be said. Interesting to see which games players think showcase their best this year, regardless of whether they won, and why. Fun to reminisce too. So many amazing games hosted this year.
I really wanted to see you wiggle your way out of that one.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:I am just disappointed that nobody has voted for the game I hosted. :(
I think the reason is that the set up of the game was vastly different so we were (me at least) trying to figure things out and play accordingly. Playing in a new fashion like that would be difficult to be considered one's best.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote:
I think the reason is that the set up of the game was vastly different so we were (me at least) trying to figure things out and play accordingly. Playing in a new fashion like that would be difficult to be considered one's best.
This~ I really liked that game and had fun, which is the point, really, but I was at sea at times. I voted for twin peaks becasue i thought i did a really good job of rolling with the punches and the rapid changes, i played that game well within its unusual structure. I was proud of my game there. I was more awkward in the Shining, but i probably enjoyed that one a bit more.

LOL, totally in character as his MacGyver Role, BWT posted a vote but did not vote in the poll, lol.

Who else has not voted?
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Dom wrote:I would agree with Hedgeowl. Recently the trend has been that poll options have individual effects. A great example of this would be Shawshank Redemption, and I also think MP did it in Bioshock, if I remember correctly.
Well obviously I haven't been around recently to see the trending stuff like this, but I just had a thought- is it possible that maybe the poll will be good for people with roles from that particular game? IE if Masters of the Universe won and your character is from that game you get some sort of benefit? I'd be interested in seeing the spread of our cast of characters, maybe that would be a task for our awesome FH? :blush: Like is there one good and one bad from each game, or is it not that even - I don't have the time to investigate and find out, but it might be worth looking into. :ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Who else has not voted?
I am missing only BWT and Russ.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Yay, All-Star Game!

No one kill me please, it's my birthday today. I'll read everything tomorrow; today I'll be celebrating! (and doing accounting homework)

I suppose Meat Boy was my best game, though I'm tempted to put Grimm's-DH will remember why. :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Mongoose wrote:I think one of the best things about this year in mafia (well for me it was May - December since I'm new) was the games inspiring you to watch/read/play the source material.

I watched Sherlock solely because of the Sherlock game.
I read American Gods solely because of the AG game.
I watched my first episode of Thomas the Tank Engine because of that game.
I saw my first Teen Girl Squad greatness because of Homestar Runner.
I agree with this completely. I just picked up Bioshock, for example, thanks to MP's game. It's scary!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”