Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Re: Interrogation Room - dyachei

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

dyachei wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:21 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:12 pm If you had the opportunity to have a conversation with any person from any era, who and what would you talk about?

Do you have any interests in philosophy? If you do, what do you feel fits your ideals best?

Favorite ice cream flavor.
I don't know. Maybe Marie Curie. I'm sure she was incredible and I'd love to pick her brain

I don't really like philosophy though I've tried.

favorite ice cream flavor is Phish Food
I've never tried Phish Food before, but I love Ben&Jerry's. I will have to check it out when I get ice cream again (crying over weight loss)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 470

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:24 pm But sometimes I contemplate moving out of the country altogether
open an english speaking vet practice in the south west of france and flourish as so many expats struggle! also retirement here is good, i hear, especially now that lepen isn't winning the elections lol.

what's the most surprising thing about parenthood so far?

i know you tried fried pickles during pregnancy, but did you get any other unusual food cravings?

do you like to wear socks or be barefoot around the house?

toilet paper: over or under?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

which of your cats seems most friendly/protective towards amy?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i wasnt around for the 'hating joycat meme' but why does everyone hate joycat?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:04 am
dyachei wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:24 pm But sometimes I contemplate moving out of the country altogether
open an english speaking vet practice in the south west of france and flourish as so many expats struggle! also retirement here is good, i hear, especially now that lepen isn't winning the elections lol.

what's the most surprising thing about parenthood so far?

i know you tried fried pickles during pregnancy, but did you get any other unusual food cravings?

do you like to wear socks or be barefoot around the house?

toilet paper: over or under?
Most surprising thing is that you don't always feel instant connection to the baby. It took a week or two for me to really fall head over heels for her

I didnt get other unusual cravings. Just sushi cravings (which is normal for me)

I walk around barefoot

toiler paper is always over. Under is for anarchists
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Would you ever consider moving back to Japan?

Do you read a lot (prolly not now for sure)? If you do/did do you have a 'top 5' books or any book you consider 'significant' to you personally?

What would you say is your most controversial non-mafia related opinion?

Who or what influenced you most in becoming the person you are today?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:40 pm Would you ever consider moving back to Japan?

Do you read a lot (prolly not now for sure)? If you do/did do you have a 'top 5' books or any book you consider 'significant' to you personally?

yEs I would move back to Japan

I don't have a top 5 books, but I love the Assassin books by Robin Hobb, Belgariad by David Eddings. A wrinkle in time by L'engle. Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury. Enchantment by orson scott card

I dont know about a controversial opinion tbh. Probably that I support capital punishment

I think the vet I shadowed in middle school had the biggest impact on me. Her and Paula Danziger (children's author who helped me with bullying issues). I turned my life around in the 7th grade. Was having issues evreywhere, battling depression, etc. By 8th grade I was a straight A student and wasnt bullied anymore. Part of it was taking a Johns Hopkins CAA course over the summer. Some of it was my older brother finally moving away.
osieorb18
The Mark
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: Any are fine

Post by osieorb18 »

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:29 pmi do like keeping a certain group that will not be named away though
Yeah I suppose they kinda ruin the flow of games, so to speak.
dyachei wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm A wrinkle in time by L'engle. Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury
Solid choices.
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:28 pm
osieorb18 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:20 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:12 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:08 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:38 am what's dya's signature dish if dunya was coming over for dinner :D
homemade mac and cheese - usually about 5-6 cheeses, with a penne pasta.
you know the key to a happy dunya :blush: :biggrin:

what's the best thing food-wise you took from japan since you lived there that isn't sushi ?
mochi is my favorite. but not like ice cream mochi - that's an abomination. Hand made festival mochi
Red bean paste or no thanks?
i prefer the sakurambo flavoring but red bean is good
Hmm... I had some matcha white bean paste the other day; might try to get that in mochi one of these days. Homemade ftw lol.

My favourite filling was probably chestnut paste because YUMMMMMMM, but I could be down with sakura-based stuff. Cherry-flavoured items are usually either amazing or terrible for my tastes.

What are three achievements you've managed that surprised you?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dyachei wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:40 pm Would you ever consider moving back to Japan?

yEs I would move back to Japan

I don't have a top 5 books, but I love the Assassin books by Robin Hobb, Belgariad by David Eddings. A wrinkle in time by L'engle. Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury. Enchantment by orson scott card

I dont know about a controversial opinion tbh. Probably that I support capital punishment

I think the vet I shadowed in middle school had the biggest impact on me. Her and Paula Danziger (children's author who helped me with bullying issues). I turned my life around in the 7th grade. Was having issues evreywhere, battling depression, etc. By 8th grade I was a straight A student and wasnt bullied anymore. Part of it was taking a Johns Hopkins CAA course over the summer. Some of it was my older brother finally moving away.
A Wrinkle in Time was the most impactful book I read as a child, I was mesmerized by it. Imagine my delight when I started work for a company in Tampa where the HR database was named Tesseract! Ray Bradbury was also an important influence.

Thank you for sharing your story about how you turned your life around. So glad the vet and author were there for you and you took the JH CAA course, and got rid of the bro.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

osieorb18 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:21 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:29 pmi do like keeping a certain group that will not be named away though
dyachei wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:22 pm A wrinkle in time by L'engle. Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury
Solid choices.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:38 am what's dya's signature dish if dunya was coming over for dinner :D

what's the best thing food-wise you took from japan since you lived there that isn't sushi ?
mochi is my favorite. but not like ice cream mochi - that's an abomination. Hand made festival mochi
Hmm... I had some matcha white bean paste the other day; might try to get that in mochi one of these days. Homemade ftw lol.

My favourite filling was probably chestnut paste because YUMMMMMMM, but I could be down with sakura-based stuff. Cherry-flavoured items are usually either amazing or terrible for my tastes.

Chestnut mochi is my husband's favorite so we buy it pre-made somewhat regularly.

I'm proud of my clinic. I worked really hard from ground zero to make a practice and we're profitable. I'm proud of my veterinary degree. It was a rough go and vet school is hard. There were times I didn't think I'd make it. And I'm proud of my choice in life partner
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:07 am which of your cats seems most friendly/protective towards amy?
Artemis
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:07 am
osieorb18 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:21 pm
Solid choices.

Chestnut mochi is my husband's favorite so we buy it pre-made somewhat regularly.

I'm proud of my clinic. I worked really hard from ground zero to make a practice and we're profitable. I'm proud of my veterinary degree. It was a rough go and vet school is hard. There were times I didn't think I'd make it. And I'm proud of my choice in life partner
I guess I misanswered this question. But I think passing vet school and having a successful business have surprised me. And when i was younger, i never expected to get married. I thought I was too weird to find someone that fit with me.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:46 am i wasnt around for the 'hating joycat meme' but why does everyone hate joycat?
i think some people just find it annoying. katze would better be able to answer this, i think
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:11 am And when i was younger, i never expected to get married. I thought I was too weird to find someone that fit with me.
im 33 and still believe this :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what is your current biggest fear?

do you have a really memorable family vacation?

which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?

do you have a cute nickname?

aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

what was your first job?

what's your favorite fast food chain?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:47 am what is your current biggest fear?

do you have a really memorable family vacation?

which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house?

do you have a cute nickname?

aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

what was your first job?

what's your favorite fast food chain?
Heights. It comes from my most memorable family vacation. We went to Zermatt and the Matterhorn and I was running down part of the mountain and couldn't stop. I was about 5 at the time? There was a cliff edge and someone managed to catch me before I hit it. They told me they were just there becauase they felt like it. Had never left the US before but felt they needed to go to Switzerland. My brother and I are the only ones that remember this vacation though

I'd rather wash dishes. And do, rather regularly. Vacuuming the house is easy though because we have a roomba.

I have friends that call me kitty cat. I think that's as cute as it gets

I can't go without talking to my husband. He's my rock

My first job was as a camp counselor at a summer day camp. Unless you count cleaning up pinecones for my grandmother for a quarter a bag

favorite fast food chain is probably mcdonalds. It was everywhere we went overseas and has really consistent comfort food for me
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:03 am Heights. It comes from my most memorable family vacation. We went to Zermatt and the Matterhorn and I was running down part of the mountain and couldn't stop. I was about 5 at the time? There was a cliff edge and someone managed to catch me before I hit it. They told me they were just there becauase they felt like it. Had never left the US before but felt they needed to go to Switzerland. My brother and I are the only ones that remember this vacation though
that's terrifying! D:

i'm SO glad those people were there, literal guardian angels.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's your most embarrassing moment as an adult?

what's a song you feel u've played hundreds of times?

will you ever host a walrus :D
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:14 am what's your most embarrassing moment as an adult?

what's a song you feel u've played hundreds of times?

will you ever host a walrus :D
Probably the time i was doing a crossword in class and got called out by the teacher

I've probably played Surface Pressure hundreds of times. That and most counting crows songs from August and Everything After

I will only host a walrus with a co-host
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:03 am I'd rather wash dishes. And do, rather regularly. Vacuuming the house is easy though because we have a roomba.
same, i like dishes and vacuuming.

what's your least fav chore?

if you could end world hunger or find the cure to cancer, which would you choose?

you have a kid now! but what's the thing YOU miss the most about being a kid?

wheres waldo :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 am That and most counting crows songs from August and Everything After
yeeeeees.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 am I will only host a walrus with a co-host
ok, summer walrus hosted by dynya
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:17 am
dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:03 am I'd rather wash dishes. And do, rather regularly. Vacuuming the house is easy though because we have a roomba.
same, i like dishes and vacuuming.

what's your least fav chore?

if you could end world hunger or find the cure to cancer, which would you choose?

you have a kid now! but what's the thing YOU miss the most about being a kid?

wheres waldo :p
least favorite chore is mopping the kitchen/other hard surfaces in the house. It's why I now pay someone to do it

I'd choose world hunger.

I miss not having a shit ton of responsibilities and just going to the playground and letting my imagination run wild
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 am That and most counting crows songs from August and Everything After
omg, as I've told both dunia and dobby I can sing every song on that album, very meaningful for me, I had no idea you loved it too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 64

Post by nutella »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:03 am Unless you count cleaning up pinecones for my grandmother for a quarter a bag
this is so adorable omg

any favorite comfort items (like cozy clothing or a blanket or mug or gadget)? and/or favorite decorative items in your house?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:29 pm
dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:03 am Unless you count cleaning up pinecones for my grandmother for a quarter a bag
this is so adorable omg

any favorite comfort items (like cozy clothing or a blanket or mug or gadget)? and/or favorite decorative items in your house?
I love wearing pajamas in the house. That's my favorite comfort item.
screw bras
I dont have a favorite blanket but use one often because my cat likes to cuddle with me if I have one.

favorite decorative items in my house are my kimono - it's red, silver, and gold and hangs on the wall in my house. I also love the print we have up in Amy's room.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 64

Post by nutella »

thats awesome!! also totally agree on pajamas/no bras/only comfy stuff around the house, i've been living that way ever since working from home started :P
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

I've recently gotten my first serious job, and one major thing I've noticed is how awful my ankles and feet hurt after standing all week. Did you ever have pain like that while working as a vet all the time? Any advice?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:38 pm thats awesome!! also totally agree on pajamas/no bras/only comfy stuff around the house, i've been living that way ever since working from home started :P
am i the only person who likes bras idk man, they give me support ;p
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:57 pm I've recently gotten my first serious job, and one major thing I've noticed is how awful my ankles and feet hurt after standing all week. Did you ever have pain like that while working as a vet all the time? Any advice?
yes and they make mats that are cushioned to use for situations like that. also make sure your shoes have good support.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:38 pm thats awesome!! also totally agree on pajamas/no bras/only comfy stuff around the house, i've been living that way ever since working from home started :P
yes, they are god aqwful
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dyachei wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:17 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:00 pm
yes, they are god aqwful
totally agree - first thing that comes off after I get home from wherever I've been.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's the best boba tea flavor?

do you have a favorite fruit?

if you could get granted all the answers of the universe, would you want to know?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:36 pm what's the best boba tea flavor?

do you have a favorite fruit?

if you could get granted all the answers of the universe, would you want to know?
honeydew flavor

probably cherries

I'd want to know how to teleport
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer

Did you ever regret cutting ties or losing contact with an old friend?

What kind of music did you like during high-school?

Have you ever played the boardgame candyland?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:59 pm Did you ever regret cutting ties or losing contact with an old friend?

What kind of music did you like during high-school?

Have you ever played the boardgame candyland?
yes, I regret losing contact with a middle school friend. We had a lot in common and were pretty close until they moved

I listened to alternative and punk in high school

yes, I've played candyland
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

bling 182 or sum41 or greenday?

what's the greatest side dish?

do you and the husb have a "song"?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:05 pm bling 182 or sum41 or greenday?

what's the greatest side dish?

do you and the husb have a "song"?
blink182 though earlier greenday is also up there

best side dish are potatoes au gratin

Jack Johnson's Angel
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered:
What is something you wish you had known before becoming a new parent?

2. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
3. Would you rather fight 3 marmot-sized humans or 1 human-sized marmot?
4. Shower in the morning or night?
5. If someone offered you $5 million to let a wild bat bite you, and you weren’t allowed to treat it, would you take the gamble?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:05 pm 4. Shower in the morning or night?
barging into dya's ama but it amazes me how many people look down at me for being an evening showerer mostly (unless like, i wake up sweaty or etc). i love getting into bed all snuggly clean :p
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 pm
barging into dya's ama but it amazes me how many people look down at me for being an evening showerer mostly (unless like, i wake up sweaty or etc). i love getting into bed all snuggly clean :p
Heathen

(jk I shower at night too)
Oh, you just reminded me of another question for dya:
-do you wipe standing up or sitting down?

:ninja:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm dying laughing rn, thanks scotty <3
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:05 pm Apologies if this has already been asked and answered:
What is something you wish you had known before becoming a new parent?

2. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you?
3. Would you rather fight 3 marmot-sized humans or 1 human-sized marmot?
4. Shower in the morning or night?
5. If someone offered you $5 million to let a wild bat bite you, and you weren’t allowed to treat it, would you take the gamble?
I wish I had known that babies sometimes cry in their sleep. That one really took me by surprise

I swallowed a watch battery when i was 4 and it had to be retrieved via a magnet down the throat to make me vomit

3 marmot sized humans

night. I also like getting into bed all clean. Also means I can sleep in later

probably not. 33% odds are still pretty high for rabies
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:10 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:07 pm
Heathen

(jk I shower at night too)
Oh, you just reminded me of another question for dya:
-do you wipe standing up or sitting down?

:ninja:
sitting
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

til some people stand while wiping
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:12 pm night. I also like getting into bed all clean. Also means I can sleep in later
twins! for the same reasons too :D
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's something you believed as a kid and were surprised when you learned it wasn't true?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:15 pm what's something you believed as a kid and were surprised when you learned it wasn't true?
think i already answered this one. That people aren't generally good
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

at what point did you feel like you identified as non binary and how long between that point and coming out to those closest to you?

overall, do you feel people have taken to it well?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:16 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:15 pm what's something you believed as a kid and were surprised when you learned it wasn't true?
think i already answered this one. That people aren't generally good
oh i meant more silly this time, like i believed chewing gum will build up in my stomach and kill me if i swallowed it lol (mom used to say i'd grow a chewing gum tree!)

Return to “Welcome to the Family”