Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 218

Re: Interrogation Room - Trochilidae

Post by Syn »

How much continuity do you share between "alters" (is there a better word to use for this?)? Do they recognize your friends and commitments? Would someone else "notice" when it happens? I read that your subset diagnosis doesn't have the amnesia issue as much, but I don't want to assume that means your system has total continuity across experiences.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Syn »

What was your favourite subject in school?

ImageImageImageImage
Trochilidae
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: ask please they change

Post by Trochilidae »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:52 pm
Trochilidae wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:26 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:06 pm Have you ever seen positive representation for DID in media?
nope
wish i had
but i did hear that marvel’s moon knight focuses on a character with DID and that it’s done fairly well, haven’t seen it myself yet though
I don't recall whether it's explicitly DID or not, and im not sure how true of a representation of DID it is, but Legion may be worth checking out. It's...without spoiling past the first five minutes of episode one, the main character has superpowers and what is functionally DID afaict*

Worth checking out if that sort of thing interests you, anyways, I know some people don't like seeing something they deal with portrayed in media at times

*in the comics he explicitly does, in the show it's somewhat more complicated/kind of a grey area/ambiguous
ooh i’ll definitely take a look thank you!
and for me personally i’d love to see something deal with my condition that’s not explicitly negative
Trochilidae

Post by Trochilidae »

Syn wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:46 pm How much continuity do you share between "alters" (is there a better word to use for this?)? Do they recognize your friends and commitments? Would someone else "notice" when it happens? I read that your subset diagnosis doesn't have the amnesia issue as much, but I don't want to assume that means your system has total continuity across experiences.
there’s a decent amount of continuity yeah, enough so that people irl think i’m just weird rather than someone with DID but i absolutely have memory issues, the best way i can put it is that feeling when you’re half asleep but still conscious
we’ve gotten pretty damn good at masking though so that probably has something to do with it
and most commitments are recognized like if i sign up for a mafia game no matter who’s at the wheel we will play the game to the best of our ability and see it through
however we can definitely have very different opinions on people themselves regardless if it’s shown in behavior or not
sure though people have “noticed” irl and commented on me behaving differently, though again most people just assume it’s just stuff within normal human behavior difference because DID is never someone’s first thought when a person is acting different
online though we don’t have to hide shit and my tone, grammar, and even voice and body language will be different so once you know i have DID it’s very obvious to spot a switch
Trochilidae

Post by Trochilidae »

Syn wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:46 pm What was your favourite subject in school?
biology!
i love the natural sciences and have always been obsessed with everything medical and the human body
Chloe
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chloe »

!!! trochi!

whats your favorite article of clothing that you own

what flavor chicken wings do you like

what color(s) make you happy

how are you so cool

also ty @dunya for the ping (:
Trochilidae

Post by Trochilidae »

Chloe wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:17 pm !!! trochi!

whats your favorite article of clothing that you own

what flavor chicken wings do you like

what color(s) make you happy

how are you so cool

also ty @dunya for the ping (:
my binder is obviously my favorite smh
but if you want actual clothing
i have this nice plaid button down/hoodie combo that’s really masc that i love (it looks cooler than it sounds i swear)

garlic parmesan if i’m not in a spicy mood
if im feeling like i crave heat then the hottest available option i will Breathe Fire and turn into a hummingdragon
it’s very fun
fun fact spice isn’t a “flavor” it just triggers the pain receptors in your mouth so if you like spicy things….👁👁

blue and purple make me happy because i associate them with love
neon green makes me happy because it’s bright and loud and impossible to ignore (and reminds me of myself)
and orange makes me happy because for as long as i can remember (which isn’t that long but still) i’ve always been strongly drawn to it and it calms me to this day

i’m not cool you’re cool
i’m a giant socially awkward nerd who doesn’t know when to shut up and runs jokes into the ground until they’re deader than a doornail
but you’re cool tho ily
Chloe
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chloe »

do you have a favorite holiday or day of the year
Trochilidae

Post by Trochilidae »

Chloe wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:33 pm do you have a favorite holiday or day of the year
not christmas
unpopular opinion but i really don’t like it, my past 4 christmases or so have all been absolutely awful or had awful events happen around that time and it ruined the season for me

however
i do like halloween and always have, it’s probably due to the fact that i like dressing up in costume (it makes me a lot more confident and additionally if i’m wearing a full mask or something i love not being able to be recognized)
something about it always gets me in a good mood, and the weather is always perfect here around then
Trochilidae

Post by Trochilidae »

oh cool i finally figured out how to make my pfp fit
Geyde
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Geyde »

I'm late but going to post it regardless of the consequences

Trochi, what is the best trope in fiction for tasteful ironic enjoyment?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 470

Re: Interrogation Room - dyachei

Post by dunya »

This week, the questions will be for one of my best friends and all around super awesome human: @dyachei !!!

:omg: :yay: :cloud9: :hugs:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

when's the last time you had a pickle in anything?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's the strangest thing in your refrigerator atm?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

we know you're a vet, and a pretty passionate one at that. what are the "unwritten rules" of your workspace/place?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

can i be amy's godmother please? since i'm not having kids, i need kids to look after. :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

do you get the same enjoyment from mafia as either alignment or do you have a preference?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:52 am when's the last time you had a pickle in anything?
While I was pregnant in like August I had a craving and ordered some fried pickles but they were too pickle-y so I stopped eating them
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:53 am what's the strangest thing in your refrigerator atm?
I have an anti nausea medication in injection form for my cat there. That's probably the strangest thing
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:54 am we know you're a vet, and a pretty passionate one at that. what are the "unwritten rules" of your workspace/place?
You don't use the word or phrase quiet or slow when referring to how the day is going. It's superstition and it probably has no bearing on how things go but it always seems to provoke bad shit happening if it happens (like a dying dog showing up at my doorstep).

Other than that we try to keep it professional but swearing (not in front of clients) is encouraged
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:55 am can i be amy's godmother please? since i'm not having kids, i need kids to look after. :p
Sure but we're not very religious and we won't be baptizing her. I'm Jewish by family culture and husband is Methodist so we're just not bringing religion into her life unless she asks

But you can be godmother in theory
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:27 am do you get the same enjoyment from mafia as either alignment or do you have a preference?
I prefer villaging. I've actually given this a lot of thought lately. I don't mind wolfing but I get burnt out when it's back to back. I can handle more village rands in a row. So if I'm a wolf every once in a while I have no complaints. I also think I'm a better villager than I am a wolf but I try to be a good team player as either alignment
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:35 am
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:55 am can i be amy's godmother please? since i'm not having kids, i need kids to look after. :p
Sure but we're not very religious and we won't be baptizing her. I'm Jewish by family culture and husband is Methodist so we're just not bringing religion into her life unless she asks

But you can be godmother in theory
brb changing my username to amy's godmother in every place i frequent
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:37 am
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:27 am do you get the same enjoyment from mafia as either alignment or do you have a preference?
I prefer villaging. I've actually given this a lot of thought lately. I don't mind wolfing but I get burnt out when it's back to back. I can handle more village rands in a row. So if I'm a wolf every once in a while I have no complaints. I also think I'm a better villager than I am a wolf but I try to be a good team player as either alignment
i suppose the mafia team plays a role in enjoyment too.

what's your fav mafia memory/moment (as wolf)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:34 am
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:54 am we know you're a vet, and a pretty passionate one at that. what are the "unwritten rules" of your workspace/place?
You don't use the word or phrase quiet or slow when referring to how the day is going. It's superstition and it probably has no bearing on how things go but it always seems to provoke bad shit happening if it happens (like a dying dog showing up at my doorstep).

Other than that we try to keep it professional but swearing (not in front of clients) is encouraged
i like these rules.

what are the favorite parts of your job as a vet?

least favorite (apart from losing patients cos i know that is probably always the worst part)?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:39 am
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:37 am
i suppose the mafia team plays a role in enjoyment too.

what's your fav mafia memory/moment (as wolf)
Probably wolfing with dobby in the semi final in Champs. We worked so well together and did so much to pull the wool over villager eyes. It was a really wholesome wolfing experience and there was great support anytime anyone felt like they were flagging.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 am
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:34 am

i like these rules.

what are the favorite parts of your job as a vet?

least favorite (apart from losing patients cos i know that is probably always the worst part)?
My favorite parts are seeing a really sick patient and turning it around for them.

On my last day of work before parental leave, I had a very sick dog come in. She was normally aggressive when we'd seen her before and she was acting very sweet and not like herself. I did some x-rays and some blood work and found she had an infected uterus. I couldn't find anyone else able to help her so I performed surgery to remove it while 9 months pregnant. She recovered with the other vet over the next few days and went back to being herself. That win will sit with me for years.

I also really love seeing angry cats because I'm good with them and I can usually handle them when most people can't. I get a lot of clients that talk about how their cat is usually so bad but I can typically exam them without issue.

Losing pets unexpectedly is probably the worst part but I think of euthanasia as a gift we can give a suffering pet. The true worst part is when a client refuses care for a sick pet or yells at us for being money grubbing. We do things for much cheaper than many places and compared to human med our prices are a steal. But we have to keep the business afloat and pay our employees.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

As a nonbinary parent, have you settled on a preferred alternative to like "mommy"?

(I feel like I should have a better question than this. XD )
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:00 am As a nonbinary parent, have you settled on a preferred alternative to like "mommy"?

No there really aren't any good options that I've heard and I'm not out to my husband's family. So I'm going to go with mom/mommy until Amy can keep her mouth shut to grandparents at minimum
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:05 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:00 am As a nonbinary parent, have you settled on a preferred alternative to like "mommy"?

No there really aren't any good options that I've heard and I'm not out to my husband's family. So I'm going to go with mom/mommy until Amy can keep her mouth shut to grandparents at minimum
I think "Maddy" is cute but combining genders is not the same thing as neither gender. I also have questionable taste and was told that I was not allowed to encourage "Peepaw" as a name for Granddad.

But that sucks and I'm sorry. :hug:
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:12 am

I think "Maddy" is cute but combining genders is not the same thing as neither gender. I also have questionable taste and was told that I was not allowed to encourage "Peepaw" as a name for Granddad.

peepaw is something I've heard before and I wouldnt have a problem encouraging that if a grandparent wanted to be called that. My parents are unoriginal and want grandma and grandpa. My in laws want nana and poppy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:13 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:12 am

peepaw is something I've heard before and I wouldnt have a problem encouraging that if a grandparent wanted to be called that. My parents are unoriginal and want grandma and grandpa. My in laws want nana and poppy
We've got a Grandmol and Granddad but the former was unintentional that we haven't corrected because it's pretty cute.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:51 am On my last day of work before parental leave, I had a very sick dog come in. She was normally aggressive when we'd seen her before and she was acting very sweet and not like herself. I did some x-rays and some blood work and found she had an infected uterus. I couldn't find anyone else able to help her so I performed surgery to remove it while 9 months pregnant. She recovered with the other vet over the next few days and went back to being herself. That win will sit with me for years.

I also really love seeing angry cats because I'm good with them and I can usually handle them when most people can't. I get a lot of clients that talk about how their cat is usually so bad but I can typically exam them without issue.

Losing pets unexpectedly is probably the worst part but I think of euthanasia as a gift we can give a suffering pet. The true worst part is when a client refuses care for a sick pet or yells at us for being money grubbing. We do things for much cheaper than many places and compared to human med our prices are a steal. But we have to keep the business afloat and pay our employees.
aww i remember that dog, i'm so glad she had you to help <3 <3 that is a really heartwarming story.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

how do you like to be comforted when you're sad or upset?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what's dya's signature dish if dunya was coming over for dinner :D
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

favorite animal after cats... ? ;)
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:37 am how do you like to be comforted when you're sad or upset?
I like to be able to vent and I like to eat (which is bad). so just listening to me bitch about it is probably the most valuable thing someone can do for me
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:38 am what's dya's signature dish if dunya was coming over for dinner :D
homemade mac and cheese - usually about 5-6 cheeses, with a penne pasta.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:41 am favorite animal after cats... ? ;)
probably whales (specifically humpbacks)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:08 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:38 am what's dya's signature dish if dunya was coming over for dinner :D
you know the key to a happy dunya :blush: :biggrin:

what's the best thing food-wise you took from japan since you lived there that isn't sushi ?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

would you ever like to live in japan again or another country outside the US?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i know you lived in atlanta for a while when we discuss traffic lol

what was the best thing about atlanta that you still miss?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:08 pm
you know the key to a happy dunya :blush: :biggrin:

what's the best thing food-wise you took from japan since you lived there that isn't sushi ?
mochi is my favorite. but not like ice cream mochi - that's an abomination. Hand made festival mochi
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:10 pm would you ever like to live in japan again or another country outside the US?
depends on where, but yeah, if there were a good opportunity, I'd move outside the US.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:11 pm i know you lived in atlanta for a while when we discuss traffic lol

I really like the mix of city/woods that Atlanta has (particularly the areas where I was). I also made a ton of friends in college that still live there.

their zoo is fun, too.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

omg mochi is dangerously good, me and my sister are obsessed with it. also prefer the non ice cream version, when i order mochi on ubereats and get ice cream mochi by mistake i cry. lol

now that you're a parent, is there anything you know you will significantly do differently than your parents with amy?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:19 pm omg mochi is dangerously good, me and my sister are obsessed with it. also prefer the non ice cream version, when i order mochi on ubereats and get ice cream mochi by mistake i cry. lol

now that you're a parent, is there anything you know you will significantly do differently than your parents with amy?
not really. I do want my husband to spend more time with her than my dad spent with me. he was on business trips all the time and I rarely saw him until i was a teenager. And I want to be more supportive about any lgbtqia+ issues than my parents were.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:14 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:11 pm i know you lived in atlanta for a while when we discuss traffic lol

I really like the mix of city/woods that Atlanta has (particularly the areas where I was). I also made a ton of friends in college that still live there.

their zoo is fun, too.
Yeah!!!! ATL!

Did you always know you wanted to be a vet, or did you happen into the profession?
Which is the best Spice (girl or topping, your choice)?
Small intestine or large intestine?
Do you think income tax should be built into the price that you see in stores or have it be a surprise at the register?
Are there certain animals you get in your care that you immediately have to steel yourself against? Like, for instance, a barky chihuahua or a an erotic animal?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Scotty wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:48 pm
dyachei wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:14 pm

their zoo is fun, too.
Yeah!!!! ATL!

Did you always know you wanted to be a vet, or did you happen into the profession?
Which is the best Spice (girl or topping, your choice)?
Small intestine or large intestine?
Do you think income tax should be built into the price that you see in stores or have it be a surprise at the register?
Are there certain animals you get in your care that you immediately have to steel yourself against? Like, for instance, a barky chihuahua or a an erotic animal?
I've wanted to be a vet since I knew what one was. So around 4-5 years old. Before that I wanted to be a singer (we're all glad that hasn't panned out ;) )

Best spice is cinnamon for its versatility. I didn't really like the spice girls that much so have no idea which one I like most.

Small intestine. Large intestine is harder to heal if you have to fish something out of it

Tax should be built into the price. They did that in Singapore and I really liked being able to know without doing a lot of math exactly how much I owed. Hell I think the government should do our taxes for us, too. Instead of asking us to do them and checking if we lied.

I hate seeing german shepherds. They are the most anxious dogs and have no bite inhibition. I also hate seeing shar peis. They're usually just mean and they have a lot of issues.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Scotty wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:48 pm an erotic animal
wait
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Welcome to the Family”