Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by Mongoose »

Matahari wrote:Did you ever see Whats Up Doc, with Streisand, Ryan O'Neal (when he was hawt), and Madeline Kahn (my all-time favorite actress)? If so, what did you think of it?
I haven't, but I don't know why because I love all of those people! I miss Madeline Kahn.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Vompatti »

What's a nice gril like you doing in a place like this?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:What's a nice gril like you doing in a place like this?
I love it.

Ask Logan- he's the one who thought it would be suitable to bring a lady of my esteem to this den of iniquity.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

You seem like a really interesting person :D Too bad you don't live close by :p

Ooh, and I forgot to answer your question about the Decalogue. I haven't seen the last two, but I really like those I have seen. Maybe 4 or 5 are my favorite, but can't really decide.
Sadly, in the last couple of years, I don't get to see many movies. Life is too busy and I'm too tired to go out at night, and then when we take a movie and try to watch it in bed, I fall asleep because I'm so tired...We keep saying we need to bring the cinema back into our lives. :sigh: So I envy you :)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Thanks, FZ! I don't live near hardly anyone :(

If anyone wants to know, I have "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston in my head, which is better than the Katy Perry (I think) song in my head that I hear at the gym all the time. I think it might be called "Eye of the Tiger"

Putting cinema back into your life is a hard but worthwhile endeavor! Right now, I have a brand new stack of 8 DVDs from the library (which is the max you can check out). It's a genre-bending stack, and I look forward to tackling it this weekend.

My advice for films when you are busy is to find one you like and watch as much of it as you might watch of TV. That way, you can still easily watch 3 films a week. Maybe it's best to watch it all in one go, but life happens. Can you imagine watching Mysteries of Lisbon all in one go? HAR. We didn't, but I'm glad we watched it period.

Right now Sundance is gearing up and I'm loving all the pictures of Ebert's widow with Robert Redford in the like. I'm really sad he didn't get a Best Oscar nom, but I guess I'll live.

And don't sweat it, I'll be asking you plenty of questions when it's your turn in a few days!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:Thanks, FZ! I don't live near hardly anyone :(

If anyone wants to know, I have "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston in my head, which is better than the Katy Perry (I think) song in my head that I hear at the gym all the time. I think it might be called "Eye of the Tiger"

Putting cinema back into your life is a hard but worthwhile endeavor! Right now, I have a brand new stack of 8 DVDs from the library (which is the max you can check out). It's a genre-bending stack, and I look forward to tackling it this weekend.

My advice for films when you are busy is to find one you like and watch as much of it as you might watch of TV. That way, you can still easily watch 3 films a week. Maybe it's best to watch it all in one go, but life happens. Can you imagine watching Mysteries of Lisbon all in one go? HAR. We didn't, but I'm glad we watched it period.

Right now Sundance is gearing up and I'm loving all the pictures of Ebert's widow with Robert Redford in the like. I'm really sad he didn't get a Best Oscar nom, but I guess I'll live.

And don't sweat it, I'll be asking you plenty of questions when it's your turn in a few days!
Since I don't really watch TV either (we decided to take out the TV, and if we want to watch something, we use the internet), so sadly, that advice won't work :p I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen Mysteries of Lisbon yet...but hey, I just read Winter in Lisbon by Antonio Munoz Molina and really liked it :D

I look forward to reading your questions when my time comes. Can't promise anything regarding the quality of the answers :p I might have some more time now that I'm dead in all mafia games...but next week is busier for me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Matahari wrote:Mongoose, The Truth About Charlie was a remake of Charade, but rewritten so it was a bit different. It was not a big hit at the box office, but I really liked it. They paid tribute to Shoot the Piano Player, and Charles Aznavour sang in the movie. Charade was one of my favorite old movies, but I quite liked the updated version.
(I liked The Trouble With Harry too, very quirky)

Are you finding it tedious to answer so many questions? (You definitely make it seem effortless, and everything you've posted has been a joy to read!)
wait - wot? wot is this about "shoot the piano player?" I have that novel - it was a gift from a dear friend. I even read it. I didn't know there were movies and stuffs attached to it! (I should have though tbh. He's tricky like that. )

also - yes -goosey was a great first choice. She is amazing. I love her so very much! :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:

Since I don't really watch TV either (we decided to take out the TV, and if we want to watch something, we use the internet), so sadly, that advice won't work :p I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen Mysteries of Lisbon yet...but hey, I just read Winter in Lisbon by Antonio Munoz Molina and really liked it :D

I look forward to reading your questions when my time comes. Can't promise anything regarding the quality of the answers :p I might have some more time now that I'm dead in all mafia games...but next week is busier for me.

a) goosey - Might I recomend a very nice visit in the winter to the sunny AZ desert? :D I am sure you can ask others, we are pretty ok hosts. :D

b) fz - katy perry did a cover of "eye of the tiger? " and that's what you have to listen to in the gym???? for the love of god!!!! THIS MUST BE FIXED.

Which is from Rocky .
Which btw - isn't a bad set of films to watch if you are like Italian. and like the underdog and quit at like 4.

I have a soft spot for them. Mostly because my German Grandmother hated the Italian side of our family that she married into - but she LOVED their underdog stories. So very much. It is very well known in my family - that the best seat in our house was "sitting beside grandma on the floor" - with one exception. - It was "when there was a Rocky movie on." Then that spot was live at your own risk. For as surely as she believed that on Sunday's the football teams she loved knew if she wore their shirt or cheered for them, she fought when a Rocky movie was on.

c) FZ is up next? AWESOME!!!

d) we get all of our tv and some of our movies via the internet. This just honestly in my opinion makes the most sense. We have a netflix subscription. We pay for the interenet. We aquire things. That said - I still watch a pretty decent amount of "TV" - what shows are being watched these days?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

goosey - this is truely wonderful:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

bea wrote:
FZ. wrote:

a) goosey - Might I recomend a very nice visit in the winter to the sunny AZ desert? :D I am sure you can ask others, we are pretty ok hosts. :D

b) fz - katy perry did a cover of "eye of the tiger? " and that's what you have to listen to in the gym???? for the love of god!!!! THIS MUST BE FIXED.

Which is from Rocky .
Which btw - isn't a bad set of films to watch if you are like Italian. and like the underdog and quit at like 4.

I have a soft spot for them. Mostly because my German Grandmother hated the Italian side of our family that she married into - but she LOVED their underdog stories. So very much. It is very well known in my family - that the best seat in our house was "sitting beside grandma on the floor" - with one exception. - It was "when there was a Rocky movie on." Then that spot was live at your own risk. For as surely as she believed that on Sunday's the football teams she loved knew if she wore their shirt or cheered for them, she fought when a Rocky movie was on.

c) FZ is up next? AWESOME!!!

d) we get all of our tv and some of our movies via the internet. This just honestly in my opinion makes the most sense. We have a netflix subscription. We pay for the interenet. We aquire things. That said - I still watch a pretty decent amount of "TV" - what shows are being watched these days?
Lol, it wasn't me who was listening to Katy Perry, it was Mongoose. I was wondering if it was a cover of the Rocky one as well. :ponder:
I only watched the first Rocky, but that was a funny story there, thanks :D

And yeah, I'm next....
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

bea wrote:
Matahari wrote:Mongoose, The Truth About Charlie was a remake of Charade, but rewritten so it was a bit different. It was not a big hit at the box office, but I really liked it. They paid tribute to Shoot the Piano Player, and Charles Aznavour sang in the movie. Charade was one of my favorite old movies, but I quite liked the updated version.
(I liked The Trouble With Harry too, very quirky)

Are you finding it tedious to answer so many questions? (You definitely make it seem effortless, and everything you've posted has been a joy to read!)
wait - wot? wot is this about "shoot the piano player?" I have that novel - it was a gift from a dear friend. I even read it. I didn't know there were movies and stuffs attached to it! (I should have though tbh. He's tricky like that. )

also - yes -goosey was a great first choice. She is amazing. I love her so very much! :D
Thanks, Bea! I hope to see you in AZ sometime. I've lived in a swamp so long, that I bet the dry air would be amazing for my skin (if I can avoid the nose blleeds!)

Also, I realized that the gym song of Katy Perry's is called "Roar." There's a part that is very staccato that is like "Roh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ar" that I hate.

I take my own DJ-style noise cancelling headphones to the gym, but I still hear the same songs over and over because they play them so loudly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

IN RE: the TV Question:

I like Parks & Rec, and a lot of stuff on PBS. A lot of the stuff I liked has ended, so I'm watching less TV than I ever have before. I'll tune into Castle now and again. I like The League, which is pretty funny and my boyfriend Mark Duplass is on there. I watched all the HBO shows before I had to can cable, but I'll get them on DVD soon.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Poke me if I missed any Qs!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

Alright Syndicate Members, the time has come to release Mongoose from the Hot Seat and let our next participant hop in. Many thanks to Mongoose for being our first participant! ou are awesome and it was fun reading the questions and answers!

Without further ado, I give you our next Participant......
FZ.!!
What burning questions do you have about our resident crusader for Muppet rights?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ.!!!

Alright, let's see here:

- First mafia game ever?
- Favorite mafia game you've ever played and why?
- Tell me more about your interest in cognitive psychology: How did you decide that's what you wanted to do?, etc.

That's a good start.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. I had a lot of fun!

FZ - What's your favorite cuisine?
Do you have any pets?
Have you ever gotten stuck in an elevator or another confined space?
What's your favorite genre or sub-genre of cinema?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Hi FZ!
Tell us about your travels: which countries have you visited, and why?
Which was the best?
Which was the worst?
Which people behaved most like the stereotypes about them?
What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
Do you know any other languages?
Which is the ugliest language in the world?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

FZ, have you seen anything in any of our players styles you would like to incorporate into your gameplay at the KSite forum?
Would you consider hosting here?
What is the one thing you like most about KSite games that we don't do here, and what is the one thing you like most about our games that they don't do there?
Where would you prefer to live if money, family, etc., were not factors?
Mongoose wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Have you seen Death to Smootchy?
I have, right when it came out (on VHS har).

Bea - I'm so glad you like it too!
OMG< I LOVE DEATH TO SMOOCHY :D

Most people hate that movie, and I thought it was just hilarious.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:FZ.!!!

Alright, let's see here:

- First mafia game ever?
- Favorite mafia game you've ever played and why?
- Tell me more about your interest in cognitive psychology: How did you decide that's what you wanted to do?, etc.

That's a good start.
Hi :D

Let's see...First game online was on K-site, Smallville themed, and I was the mafia GF. I survived until the end, and won the game :D We were 5 left, two baddies and 3 civies, and the other baddie was hardly around and everyone was going to vote for her. I somehow convinced them all that even though she was probably a baddie, we should lynch the other baddie left (we assumed there was another one). Actually, I was rather proud of myself for the last case I built on the innocent civ :feb: It was all rather naive back then, I don't think any of them would ever fall for that now, but it's probably my best baddie moment ever.

Favorite mafia game...I have two. One, I was a vanilla role, and managed to find practically all the baddies, which obviously was good for my ego. The other one was X-men and I was Rogue with a very powerful role which basically allowed me to steal a power from someone and use it on someone else, while knowing what the power was. It was quite a power trip, let me tell you that :p . It didn't hurt that I suspected the right people.
That was a long time ago. I've become a lot more hesitant to trust my instincts, and baddies can fool me more easily, as you've seen yourself... ;)

As for what I do, I decided to learn Psychology because I thought it would help me understand myself better...thinking I would probably want to do clinical psychology. But then, when I finished my BA, I felt I would be more comfortable doing research instead, so I did my Masters in Cognitive Psychology. Since I'm the kind of person who never really knows what they want (a lot of good learning Psychology did, ha?), I decided to enter an interdisciplinary program in Brain research for my PhD.
The amusing thing is, while my dissertation was on cognitive development and language acquisition (what allows human infants to acquire language unlike any other species), ironically, currently, I'm working in a research institute focusing on end of life.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. I had a lot of fun!

FZ - What's your favorite cuisine?
Do you have any pets?
Have you ever gotten stuck in an elevator or another confined space?
What's your favorite genre or sub-genre of cinema?
Favorite cuisine, hmm...maybe Indian. It's not that I eat it that much, but when I was in Scotland a few years ago, I ate in a vegan Indian restaurant (and I'm not even vegetarian) and was blown away. Ever since, I've been looking for something to match it, but haven't found one. If I'm ever in Scotland again, I'm not sure I shouhttp://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/posting.php?m ... p=51707#ld look it up, because I've built it up so much in my head that it would probably never match my expectations, haha.

Don't have any pets. I love dogs, but we live in an apartment, and it seems selfish to have one when we're not home most of the day, and the dog would have to be cooped up all alone there.

I don't remember ever getting stuck in a confined place, but if I have, I guess it wasn't traumatic enough to leave a mark...

I don't know if I have a favorite genre in Cinema. I love good movies :D
It also depends on the mood I'm in, how tired I am etc'. I feel some films require more than others, so if I'm not exhausted, I'd rather watch a movie that moves me, makes me think, doesn't feed me it's agenda with a spoon and has good characterization and development. Other times, I can watch the silliest Hollywood movie just for the fun, if it's done well. I hate movies that insult the audience's intelligence, or are made with no soul just so the big shots make more money (yeah, I know this fits half the movies made).
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I have no idea what happened to that post. The link just popped out of nowhere. It's only supposed to show the word "should"
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:Hi FZ!
Tell us about your travels: which countries have you visited, and why?
Which was the best?
Which was the worst?
Countries I visited:
North America:
USA: east-NY, Washington D.C, Boston, Philadelphia, Florida and more; West-California (LA, San Fransisco, San-Diego and along the cost) Nevada, and more like Hawaii. I Lived in Maryland for a few years as a child because of my father's work, so we used the opportunity to see as much as we could. The US is probably the place I've been at the most in my life.
Canada- same reason as above

Only been in Mexico in the central and south America parts. I have family there, and I've been there with my husband on work related travels as well.

Africa-
South Africa-huge family trip which we took with all my cousins from my mother's side. Was amazing.

Asia-
Hong Kong- my husband had to go from work. Became really sick a day after we got there, until I had to go back, so I had one and a half days to see the place.

Europe-
England- Have family there and also wanted to see it.
France- A trip, and on work
Italy- A trip I took with friends before my Masters-probably the place I most want to go again, this time with my husband though. I loved loved loved Italy.
Netherlands- Again, had family there and went on a trip
Scotland- honeymoon...sort of :D

There might be more, but those were the ones I could come up with.

Don't drag me into a place I won't be able to get myself out of :p But I'll say this: When we were in Scotland, we rented a car, and driving on the opposite side of the rode is not the easiest task. Let's say that the accent of the "f*cken idiot" we got, with the emphasis on the 'u' sounding like in "pool", is something I'd always imagined would be like that (I just didn't think it would be aimed at me :p )

I'm a very boring person. I don't think I've ever eaten something that would really qualify as weird. And I never plan on eating crawling living insects :p

Just English, and my mother tongue, which I don't know if I'm ready to share what it is :D I wish I knew more.

I have no idea. And again, don't want to dig myself a grave here :biggrin: I can tell you I think the one I love the most is Spanish.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to keep asking you qesutions you are not comfortable answering. :feb:

Which race of people do you find unnecessarily noisy?
Which race has the worst drivers?
Which politicians would you most like to assassinate and how would you do it? Be specific.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:FZ, have you seen anything in any of our players styles you would like to incorporate into your gameplay at the KSite forum?
Would you consider hosting here?
What is the one thing you like most about KSite games that we don't do here, and what is the one thing you like most about our games that they don't do there?
Where would you prefer to live if money, family, etc., were not factors?
Hmm, I really don't know yet. I died really fast in all 3 games I played, so I don't know if I could notice a play style.
I can tell you that I like the creativity of some of the mods. People put a lot of thought into the roles and fitting them with the themes. I also like the night polls and the "little surprises. I loved Epis's night polls and their connection to the film in the Shawshank mafia for example.

I also like the fact that the days are not so long, yet they are sometimes too short. I'd make it 3 RL days for a day phase (which would be an average of what you have here and what we have on K-site), and 24 hours for a night phase.

I think the thing I like most about the K-site games is the fact that we learn the dead people's roles whether it's a lynch or a NK. I'm the kind of player who likes the game because I like to try and read people (I would think everyone plays because of that, but apparently, that's not true), and I would be OK with a game that had no powers at all, just people playing together trying to figure out who's lying. In fact, I hosted one game so far, because I don't like hosting, and it was a "back to basics" game where the roles were very simple, and the game was supposed to rely on people's reading of others and very little more. So if you know what people were, you can figure out if your judgements were correct or not, and continue accordingly. If you don't know whether the people dead are bad or not, you have nothing to work with, and then you use night actions and it all gets mixed up, and it clouds your judgement, and makes it a different game altogether.

Does that answer your question, or did I miss something?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:I'm going to keep asking you qesutions you are not comfortable answering. :feb:

Which race of people do you find unnecessarily noisy?
Which race has the worst drivers?
Which politicians would you most like to assassinate and how would you do it? Be specific.
What a shocker :p
I don't think it goes by race, but by culture, therefore probably by country
But if I try and answer: 1.probably red blooded and drunk English soccer fans :p
2. Men. :D
3. The kind that would sell their mother to keep their seat, lie, brake promises and give up all their once held values to remain in seat... and the kind that get empowered by belittling those who are like them (kind of like Groucho Marx's :"I don't want to belong to any club that will have me as a member"). There are more, but if I have to kill them, there wouldn't be many politicians left.

How would I do it? I object capital punishment, but if I must, I must. I'd probably take them to the town square and guillotine them. Let the blood ooze from their heads, so it gets to it's original size again.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

That was very diplomatic, FZ!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Why do you love playing Mafia?

Also, you missed this:
Nosy SVS Said: Where would you prefer to live if money, family, etc., were not factors?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What do you like to do on the weekends?

What kind of beverages do you like to consume?

If you could own any kind of business (any!) what would you want to helm?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote: Where would you prefer to live if money, family, etc., were not factors?
I missed this one. I think I'd choose my country. There are problems,I don't like a lot of things, but it's me. It's the language, the culture, the people. I can't trade it. I'd be lost without it. I think this poem sums it up for me:

A man is nothing but a soil of a small country,
nothing but the shape of his native landscape,
nothing but what his ears recorded
when they were new and really heard,
what his eyes saw, before they had their fill of seeing

@linki, Lol, I just saw I missed it and answered it
I also answered why I love playing mafia. It's somewhere in my very long answer. I'll say it again. First of all, I love games. It brings out the competitive side of me that I don't let out in other places, which is a shame :p Also, as a person who likes to know what makes people 'tick', this game answers that need in some way.

@linki: Mongoose, in regards to what did you say that?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

In RE my Qs? Just something I'd ask anyone really when you are first getting to know them.

You're lucky I didn't ask you what your clown name would be if you were a clown or generally what's the best arm length to have (my husband hates these kind of Qs).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:What do you like to do on the weekends?

What kind of beverages do you like to consume?

If you could own any kind of business (any!) what would you want to helm?
You people ask hard questions, especially for the hour and my terrible state :sigh:

Mostly, Weekends are for spending time with my family. We are a very close family and it's very important to me. I also try to make time for friends and alone time with my husband. This is why I go offline for 24 hours or so and am not around. We read together, take walks, talk, listen to music, play, and whatever we feel like doing.

Mostly water, coffee and tea, with the occasional glass of wine and sometimes beer.

Hmm, I am so not the business type, you wouldn't believe it. Part of me wishes there were no "businesses". The world has become insanely capitalistic and in my opinion lost values like brotherhood and welfare. I sound horrible :blush:
But, if I could, when I was growing up, there was a show on TV about a brother and a sister who owned a magic stick that could take them anywhere in seconds. All they had to do was put the stick on the map and place it on the place they wanted to go. Do you know how many times I wished I had that stick? If I could sell those, forget the money I'd make, the words "it's a small world" would take a whole new meaning.

@linki: No, I meant the diplomatic comment. Bozo sounds fine, and I'd like to have the length of arms that could reach my back when I needed a good scratch (I thought saying long enough to fully embrace the ones I love sounded corny :p )
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Dom »

FZ, I must know: what is the meaning behind the username? :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oh I meant you handled Llama's ridiculously controversial with dignity and grace ;)

linki - Ditto Dom!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:Oh I meant you handled Llama's ridiculously controversial with dignity and grace ;)
FZ, please go into detail about any and all criminal activity you have participated in, including names, dates and social security numbers.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Logan is ridiculous. :haha:

Awesome, thanks for the answers, FZ.!! Very interesting. When I'm less tired and think of better questions, I will return! I'm sure others will keep you busy anyway. :p
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Dom wrote:FZ, I must know: what is the meaning behind the username? :D
I'm afraid it's less interesting than you think, and a bit more embarrassing. :D
First of all, since I came from Kryptonsite, and I thought people who met me there would find it easier to recognize me by how they call me there. K-site is a site originally created for everything related to the show Smallville (which was my guilty pleasure and much more), the show about Superman before he became Superman. Anyway, the Phantom Zone is a fictional prison dimension featured in the Superman comic, and since I really liked Tom Welling, the lead actor (if you'd see him, you would too :p Besides, I have a weakness for the character of Clark Kent :blush: ), I named myself FanTom Zoner, as in a resident fan. It was a silly play of words, but what was more stupid was the fact I forgot capital letters, so it came out as fantom zoner, and just looked like I suck at spelling :D I thought I'd save myself that embarrassing part, but thanks that's what you're here for :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Oh I meant you handled Llama's ridiculously controversial with dignity and grace ;)
FZ, please go into detail about any and all criminal activity you have participated in, including names, dates and social security numbers.
Most of the time I'm known for my upstanding citizenship, except for the occasional llama hunting and torturing I like to indulge myself in my spare time.
Oh, and there was the bank robbery, but I'd really rather not go into that...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by A Person »

i always assumed it was because of Frank Zappa.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

A Person wrote:i always assumed it was because of Frank Zappa.
I wish it was :derp:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What is your favorite animal?

If you worked in the circus, what would you do?

What magazines or periodicals do you subscribe to?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:What is your favorite animal?

Well, in general, dogs.
But ever since I did my PhD research on cognitive development, I fell in love with chimps, and other primates. There are fascinating youtube vids showing how smart they are. I can't get enough of it

If you worked in the circus, what would you do?
I'd probably work behind stage. Stage fright...

What magazines or periodicals do you subscribe to?
At the moment, none. Used to subscribe to a magazine that focused on sociopolitical and cultural issues
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:
Some of us have embarassing names related to LOST, so don't feel bad, mine is shorthand for something related to Vincent the Dog from LOST :consoling:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:Anyway, the Phantom Zone is a fictional prison dimension featured in the Superman comic
Kneel before Zod!

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ! Your work sounds facinating! I love brain and cognative research. Language development was also another thing I really enjoyed learning about in school. I know - gotten to questions yet, I promise I'm getting there! I just wanted to start off by saying that I had no idea that you did that sort of thing and I think it's hecka cool and stuffs!!! /fawning.

Ok - questions:

1) I read that you did most of your research for your disertation in cognative develomental theory but you are currently doing research at the end of life scale. My question is part philosophy and part science related. So many great artist have refered to old age as "the second childhood" (ok - Shakespeare did it and I assume everyone else mimics him because that's what we do with Shakespeare. :D) Have you found any similarities between how the brain works as an infant and how the brain works at the end of life? What sorts of differences hav e you found?

2) I have a BA in Secondary Education with concentrations in Reading, Communications and English. So, I'm sort of educated, but by no means any expert in any of the developmental psych that you quite obviously are. I'm an avid reader and even though I'm not currently working in Education (don't worry - I'm like Jack on the Island there - I do have to go back) I personally *need* to feed my brainz in order to stay a happy healthy member of society. What would you have me read in your field of study if you could make me a reading list? Also known as: Would you please make me a reading list? :D

3) What makes you laugh?

4) What is your favorite way to spoil yourself? What is your favorite way to spoil a loved one?

5) Favorite comfort food?

6) Favorite drink that has booze in it? Favorite non booze drink?

7) If you could have a dog, what kind of dog would you want and why?

8) How do you feel about cats?

9) Favorite Muppet and why?

10) If you host a game on Ksite - can I play it? I think you are rad and I'm very curious about how you guys do things over there. :)

11) Do you find that your knowledge of Psychology helps you deal with other people better? (You know, excluding ohter Psych people.)

12) You are still pretty new to me so I can't ask the "Tell me what would surprise me to learn about you." So, I'm revising it to What do you think would suprise most people to learn about you?

13) Tell me about a good memory from childhood.

14) Tell me about an important lesson you have learned though out your life.

15) A/S/L? :D

16) Attached? Married? Single?

17) What kind of music do you enjoy?

18) What is your favorite way to relax and let off steam?

Ok....I'll stop for now. :)

Thanks for putting up with my questions! I'm sure I'll have more for you!!! (I'm a super fan of these sorts of "get to know you threads")
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Matahari »

This thread is amazing. I have enjoyed reading about you guys.
FZ, what are the differences ( the main points in simpleton's terms ) between Alzheimer's, vascular dementia, regular aging in the brain, and brain cancer symptoms? Are any of these hereditary?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Where would you prefer to live if money, family, etc., were not factors?
I missed this one. I think I'd choose my country. There are problems,I don't like a lot of things, but it's me. It's the language, the culture, the people. I can't trade it. I'd be lost without it. I think this poem sums it up for me:

@linki, Lol, I just saw I missed it and answered it
I also answered why I love playing mafia. It's somewhere in my very long answer. I'll say it again. First of all, I love games. It brings out the competitive side of me that I don't let out in other places, which is a shame :p Also, as a person who likes to know what makes people 'tick', this game answers that need in some way.

@linki: Mongoose, in regards to what did you say that?
I'm even more curious about your country of origin now. I didn't realize it till just now how you've skillfully danced around that.

And I come from a *very* small town in a *very* small state of the US. And I no longer live there. So I think I get what "home" might be in terms that you don't want to name it because you don't want that label. But it's "home" and you love it so very much? I've lived in my new place for 3 years. I've married the man I married. Our apartment is my HOME. I hate going "home" unless he's with me. But this state? It's not my "home." ya know?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Some of us have embarassing names related to LOST, so don't feel bad, mine is shorthand for something related to Vincent the Dog from LOST :consoling:
Thanks for trying to make me feel better. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Superman fan through and through :D Life is anything but black and white, and there's something comforting and simple about having good guys and bad guys, and values like using your powers for good, believing in mankind, and all that. Plus, Lois Lane is one of the best female characters ever made. And doesn't hurt that Superman looks the way he does :p
thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:Anyway, the Phantom Zone is a fictional prison dimension featured in the Superman comic
Kneel before Zod!
:hugs:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bea, this should keep me busy for the rest of my life :D
bea wrote:FZ! Your work sounds facinating! I love brain and cognative research. Language development was also another thing I really enjoyed learning about in school. I know - gotten to questions yet, I promise I'm getting there! I just wanted to start off by saying that I had no idea that you did that sort of thing and I think it's hecka cool and stuffs!!! /fawning.

1) I read that you did most of your research for your disertation in cognative develomental theory but you are currently doing research at the end of life scale. My question is part philosophy and part science related. So many great artist have refered to old age as "the second childhood" (ok - Shakespeare did it and I assume everyone else mimics him because that's what we do with Shakespeare. :D) Have you found any similarities between how the brain works as an infant and how the brain works at the end of life? What sorts of differences hav e you found?
I'll start by saying that my job is in no way related to what I did in my studies, so I never did any comparisons, but this is an interesting question which I have thoughts about and will come back to later, when I have more time, if that's OK with you .Same goes for the list :)
2) I have a BA in Secondary Education with concentrations in Reading, Communications and English. So, I'm sort of educated, but by no means any expert in any of the developmental psych that you quite obviously are. I'm an avid reader and even though I'm not currently working in Education (don't worry - I'm like Jack on the Island there - I do have to go back) I personally *need* to feed my brainz in order to stay a happy healthy member of society. What would you have me read in your field of study if you could make me a reading list? Also known as: Would you please make me a reading list? :D
Like I said, the list will have to wait, but I just want to know if by reading, you mean popular science books and stuff like that, or academic journal articles?
Your BA sounds really interesting. And don't be fooled by my intellectual-appearing degrees. In my nature, I'm a lazy bum :p (hence I'm here answering questions instead of doing my job...)

3) What makes you laugh?
I'm embarrassed to admit, but people falling crack me up. When I was younger, I went with some friends on a hiking trip. I was talking while walking with one of them, when all of a sudden, she just turned into thin air. I'm looking down, and I see her down to her neck in this deep narrow pit. After making sure she's alive and talking, I literally rotf laughing. Meanwhile she was suffering from a sore body, and when her initial shock (from the fall) wore off, she started yelling at me like crazy (rightfully, might I add). I felt awful later, but at the time, I thought she was OK and I just couldn't help myself. It was like one of these animated pink panther movies where someone naively steps on a carpet, no knowing there's nothing underneath. I still regret not having a camera with me :p
4) What is your favorite way to spoil yourself? What is your favorite way to spoil a loved one?
Going to a romantic bed & breakfast (when loved one is husband), and forgetting everyday routine and worries.

Or preparing a gift that is appropriate for the person I love. Like making a game with everything being about the person.
5) Favorite comfort food
Not sure how it's called, but it's like rubber candy, lol. Something like gummy bears (I think that's it). I can eat them like peanuts. And chocolate of course.
6) Favorite drink that has booze in it? Favorite non booze drink?
Probably wine or Jean & tonic (is it jean or jin?), and I mostly drink water.
7) If you could have a dog, what kind of dog would you want and why?
I love them all. The bigger, the better. I love big dogs, they can be mixed for all I care.
8) How do you feel about cats?
They are OK, not attached to them
9) Favorite Muppet and why?
Gonzo. I like his nose :D

I have to go. I'll finish the rest later.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Lizzy »

Hey FZ! :hugs: I wanted to let people finish you off with their questions first before I started bombarding you with my own. :p But I'm so jealous of of your travels and your work really sounds amazing k.

1. Are you an adrenaline junkie and do you fancy extreme sports?
2. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate?
3. How would you describe your style in terms of dressing?
4. Favourite season and why.
5. Favourite word.
6. Are you a good cook? What's your favourite dish to make?
I'll stop. For now. :p
FZ. wrote:

This is so very interesting to me because I'm the exact opposite. I've been abroad for studies for two years, and I've been back home for almost 9 months now and I'm still having problems re-adapting. It took me a few days to adapt to my then new home countries, and after all this time back, I'm still feeling like a stranger/tourist in my 'real' home country. It's quite torturous. Is it the same for you, but being away from it?

Return to “Welcome to the Family”