Bea
25%
Lizzy
25%
Nevinera
13%
Vompatti
13%
Brett Ratner, That Hack! (NP/Deadie/Host Option)
25%

Total votes: 8
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: [Night 1]: Film Noir.

Post by Turnip Head »

When you say Hedge, do you mean FH? Dom defended Hedge, but it was FH who was lynched not Hedgie.

If that's the last minute run you are referring to, I think it was people making a gut call against FH's agreeableness, once they saw that the Dom case was so weak. That's my take on it anyway. I don't want to speak for k4j or timmer. I can say that, for myself, it worried me that there was no viable alternative to lynching Dom yesterday. No one had campaigned hard against any other player, which told me that the baddies were probably just peachy with Dom being lynched.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Epi, you said you didn't notice Lizzy's self-vote until after Dom voted for her too. Can't you see how Dom could have missed Lizzy's vote well? He even said he was in a hurry at the time. Lizzy never explicitly stated her vote was a self vote, and so someone who was skimming and not looking at vote tallies could have completely missed it. The suspicion against Dom seems it can mostly be explained by the him not paying as much attention as he should have. I think you might be reading too much into it.
You know, you ain't too perceptive for a man runnin' the wire. I was suggesting that people oughta lay off Dom, who went random on Liz right after she cut herself without his noticing.

Even Sra. Tildes said I was defending Dom. I wasn't, however, because I think Sra. Tildes and Dom are partners in crime. I was just pointing out what was a rotten reason for voting a fella.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 84

Post by S~V~S »

Doh, yeah i meant FH.

There has been a lot of speaking for other people in this game, not just you, but overall. And here i am getting picked out for speaking for myself. And it seemed to me there was a bit of outcry against it.

And if i am one of those baddies who was just peachy, wouldn't I have anticipated this reaction?

I am not bad, I have no idea who the members of the baddie team are.

We have an LD in this game.

Linki~

I do NOT know Doms role
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You're right Epi. I completely misread what you were getting at. I'll put a correction in tomorrow's paper. Bossman ain't gonna like this...
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epi, not only do i not know Doms role, i don;t know his affiliation.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:And if i am one of those baddies who was just peachy, wouldn't I have anticipated this reaction?
I don't know. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out right now by grilling you :D Was this a planned move from baddie-SVS, or a gut play from civvie-SVS? That's the decision I'm trying to make in my mind. Talking about it helps me figure that out.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah, lynched without me. Meaning i assumed he would be lynched without me voting for him. He had 3 votes, and it looked like many were no showing till the last 20 minutes.

I have said this phrase before, not sure why it's got your eyeball up unless it is that I suspect you. Nice try.
You mean to tell me that it ain't one bit suspicious that you made a big talk about Dom and then, when the opportunity presented itself to say "Fare thee well" to the old man, you called it off?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No I don't think so. Like everyone else, i was in the dark about his role. I went back and forth on him. Talking about your evolving thoughts is kinda what we do in mafia.

I think Timmer coming in and dropping a vote on FH is more suspicious tbh, especially since he seemed rather knowledgeable about what was going on in thread very fast. Not so sure i believe him about how he was keeping up.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And if i am one of those baddies who was just peachy, wouldn't I have anticipated this reaction?
I don't know. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out right now by grilling you :D Was this a planned move from baddie-SVS, or a gut play from civvie-SVS? That's the decision I'm trying to make in my mind. Talking about it helps me figure that out.
Do you agree with Epignosis in thinking i am Doms teammate?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Personally, Epi, i think you getting all up in my grille (after i voted for you) is a helluva lot more suspicious in light of the very open answers i have given.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:No I don't think so. Like everyone else, i was in the dark about his role. I went back and forth on him. Talking about your evolving thoughts is kinda what we do in mafia.
If you're a good soul, then you'd be in the dark about anybody's role.

As for the rest of us, we know you're not Nick or Nora or Old Man Cardigan.
S~V~S wrote:I think Timmer coming in and dropping a vote on FH is more suspicious tbh, especially since he seemed rather knowledgeable about what was going on in thread very fast. Not so sure i believe him about how he was keeping up.
S~V~S wrote:Timmer my point was that you appeared to have caught up TOO quickly. like maybe you had help. Although this reaction makes me feel better about you.
:eye:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:Do you agree with Epignosis in thinking i am Doms teammate?
No, I don't agree with Epi about that. I don't have much of a read on Dom, but I think he might be civvie. I think maybe you thought that about Dom as well, SVS, and you were maybe still okay with him being lynched.

So it looks like Epi and I have different theories about you. But to be fair, that is only ONE of my theories about you. Despite what my posts may say, I'm keeping an open mind about you so far. Just trying to think of everything.

And if FH had flipped bad, you'd be hailing Timmer as a hero right now. But FH was good, which allows you opportunities to plant doubt about Timmer. I don't find him suspicious for his vote though.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No I don't think so. Like everyone else, i was in the dark about his role. I went back and forth on him. Talking about your evolving thoughts is kinda what we do in mafia.
If you're a good soul, then you'd be in the dark about anybody's role.

As for the rest of us, we know you're not Nick or Nora or Old Man Cardigan.
S~V~S wrote:I think Timmer coming in and dropping a vote on FH is more suspicious tbh, especially since he seemed rather knowledgeable about what was going on in thread very fast. Not so sure i believe him about how he was keeping up.
S~V~S wrote:Timmer my point was that you appeared to have caught up TOO quickly. like maybe you had help. Although this reaction makes me feel better about you.
i personally do feel better about him, but i still think what he did was suspicious. WTF?

Now you are looking to just find things to suspect in anything i say or do. Trying too hard.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Personally, Epi, i think you getting all up in my grille (after i voted for you) is a helluva lot more suspicious in light of the very open answers i have given.
I'm not familiar with that kind of doubletalk, "getting all up in my grille," but if you're thinkin' I'm done puttin' the screws to you, well, that's where you're wrong. :mafia:
S~V~S wrote:Not a fan of "reaction" votes, although i know Epi has done it before. But it can cause i baddie pile up, and innocents die.
S~V~S wrote:OK, but my point was that in GENERAL it's not a good idea IMO. Regardless of someones reasons for doing it, it can lead to a bad end. I have seen it, i am sure you have too. When he cast that first vote he had no clue how reasonable this group would be (he knows us; reasonable? :haha: ) It's a risk I don't like.
Compare that bit of business to this:
S~V~S wrote:The bit of a bandwagon that formed did make me tense, which was why I went with my first ping, which was Epi, before Dom even posted. So, sorry for actually talking during a Mafia game. I saw both Epi & Hedge as being potential partners with Dom, but it is day one and that type of thing is tenuous at best.
This means Sra. Tildes in one day went from Hedges being a swell dame to my alleged partner in crime.

Think about it a second. If Hedges were an innocent doll and people ganged up on her, Hedges would've been shown as such at the end of the day. Sra. Tildes could have me locked up easy after that.

But if we're partners in crime, then my early vote for Hedges was tactical distancing that could have went sour easily according to the underlined above. In this case, you'd think Sra. Tildes would have been happy that I was rattin' out my partner.

Boy oh boy I sure do love gettin' dem reactions. :slick:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Do you agree with Epignosis in thinking i am Doms teammate?
No, I don't agree with Epi about that. I don't have much of a read on Dom, but I think he might be civvie. I think maybe you thought that about Dom as well, SVS, and you were maybe still okay with him being lynched.

So it looks like Epi and I have different theories about you. But to be fair, that is only ONE of my theories about you. Despite what my posts may say, I'm keeping an open mind about you so far. Just trying to think of everything.

And if FH had flipped bad, you'd be hailing Timmer as a hero right now. But FH was good, which allows you opportunities to plant doubt about Timmer. I don't find him suspicious for his vote though.
No, i was not still OK with it. I thought he had BTS (like i said this AM) with either hedge, Epi or both. If it was only one there could be a civ reason for that. But then Epi stopped defending him and hedge voted for him. So I was not seeing that reason so much anymore.

And woulda shoulda coulda, she did not flip bad. Like i said, his response made me feel better, but his timing still has me nervous about him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta see a man about a dog.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also talk english Epi, or i am done discussing this with you. i am seeing your jargon as a way to avoid the LD.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The more you post, the badder i think you are tbh, Epi.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I only think Timmer is bad if Dom is bad as well. That's the only reason I can think of a non-civ Timmer to vote the way he did.

But I know nothing about either of them.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What do you think of Epi and his Jargon and his not calling people by accurate names?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think he's just having fun.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by agleaminranks »

Quick response after skimming the most recent events: I really don't like the results of the lynch, and while I applaud Rob's ability to create and stay in character, the Day 1 vote really bugs me. S~V~S I agree with you as well, though some of your posts also seem a little brazen to me. Dom seems rather innocent to me. I don't have enough of a read on any of the other players to make judgment yet.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:I think he's just having fun.
Even with an LD in the game?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Gleam, i am pretty damn brazen. i have nothing to hide.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
I've been the LD in a game where Epi was a civvie, he did not go out of his way to drop any checkable statements for me. But that was not something I considered when reading his posts this game.

I think if Epi needed to say something the LD would benefit from, he would. Right now he's just questioning people for reactions, not avoiding any truths or lies. Not to mention, Epi has made it a point of saying before that he's won as a baddie while ever telling a lie. So there's that.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

^ Should be "while never telling a lie" tbh
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

you keep explaining his motivations. Why?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Um... because you keep asking me to?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

agleaminranks wrote:Quick response after skimming the most recent events: I really don't like the results of the lynch, and while I applaud Rob's ability to create and stay in character, the Day 1 vote really bugs me. S~V~S I agree with you as well, though some of your posts also seem a little brazen to me. Dom seems rather innocent to me. I don't have enough of a read on any of the other players to make judgment yet.
Can you articulate why he seems innocent to you. The way this lynch went down makes me want to look that much more in his direction.

As for epi, he seems to be antagonizing for reactions sake like he loves to do. Not seeing anything out of the ordinary there yet.

Svs is for sure not playing her baddie game. She would have cut the hell out of here long ago if so :p
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I've been the LD in a game where Epi was a civvie, he did not go out of his way to drop any checkable statements for me. But that was not something I considered when reading his posts this game.

I think if Epi needed to say something the LD would benefit from, he would. Right now he's just questioning people for reactions, not avoiding any truths or lies. Not to mention, Epi has made it a point of saying before that he's won as a baddie while ever telling a lie. So there's that.
Where did i ask you to tell me why Epis is doing what he does? I wanted to know if you think that there being an LD in the game makes any difference to YOUR idea that Epi is just having fun.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Right, and I feel like I answered that. It doesn't change my mind and I explained why.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi can still make a checkable statement in his noir babble speak. I guess what I'm standing up for here is Epi's right to amuse himself. Don't make him stop just because there's an LD? He can still say something checkable.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I know. But you did not say why you keep explaining his motivations. You were doing it yesterday, too, if i recall. When i was not asking you about it.

In any case, I am pretty much not addressing him while he is talking in jargon. i think it is an evasive manuever.

Linki~ did the hosts tell you that? Like if i get NKed, and he says "I did not kill Sra Tildes" that this is checkable?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

"Explaining his motivations" just sounds like me giving my opinion of Epi. Not sure what to tell ya. I'll probably be explaining a lot of motivations this game, in that case. :p
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know. I did not personally ask the hosts that question. But if LD statements work anything like they did in the WWE game, then yes that statement would be checkable.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, one game i played in at TP, only the players name was checkable, it had to be very clear. Also not forced, certain words unacceptable. I hate being the LD, tbh. It can be a pain in the ass finding checkable things.

So I am sticking with my opinion that it is a form of evasion. I could be wrong, you could be wrong. Only Epi knows for sure.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yes I have to agree. Being the LD is a lot like doing homework :D

I don't agree with your reasons for being suspicious of Epi's slang, but I understand them. He should stop if it hinders him from making a checkable statement. But I don't think it does.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:In any case, I am pretty much not addressing him while he is talking in jargon. i think it is an evasive manuever.
Saying that Epi's slang speech is an evasive maneuver in order to get out of talking to him? Now who's evasively maneuvering? :p

I'm totally teasing SVS, you don't have to answer this question. It was made in jest. But I do think you're being too hard on him. He is only slightly less comprehensible than English-speaking Epignosis :P
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ugh, sorry all. This has been a difficult week. I will try to get caught up
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Dom »

Lizzy wrote:
Dom wrote: In addition, I had no idea Lizzy had a vote on her. I don't remember getting a link notification, but I would have re-randomized if I had known that.
:evileye: Were you trying to get me lynched?

I didn't see you make a post after you voted or upon your return to say 'I r sorrow about that', only the one to justify why you were not voting for Rob. So pardon me if I'm not buying this. :mafia:

:evileye: Are you trying to get me NK'd? And you seem like the most involved player thus far. :mafia:
Lizzy, I don't think it was clear that I didn't notice that you'd vote for yourself, then if it was, like I said, I wasn't reading very closely. I was skimming. I had a few minutes before we were out for awhile.
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Epi, you said you didn't notice Lizzy's self-vote until after Dom voted for her too. Can't you see how Dom could have missed Lizzy's vote well? He even said he was in a hurry at the time. Lizzy never explicitly stated her vote was a self vote, and so someone who was skimming and not looking at vote tallies could have completely missed it. The suspicion against Dom seems it can mostly be explained by the him not paying as much attention as he should have. I think you might be reading too much into it.
You know, you ain't too perceptive for a man runnin' the wire. I was suggesting that people oughta lay off Dom, who went random on Liz right after she cut herself without his noticing.

Even Sra. Tildes said I was defending Dom. I wasn't, however, because I think Sra. Tildes and Dom are partners in crime. I was just pointing out what was a rotten reason for voting a fella.
We're not.

Anyway, I think this discussion about Epig's speak is valuable to an extent. It would be a very Epignosis thing to do: speak in a way that gets you out of LD statements and also seeming so Epig it's meta-epig.
Or something.

I think I'm seeing SVS's civvie game-- perhaps independent, but I'm leaning civvie. Epig could go either way.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:I think I'm seeing SVS's civvie game-- perhaps independent, but I'm leaning civvie.
You would.
Dom wrote:Anyway, I think this discussion about Epig's speak is valuable to an extent. It would be a very Epignosis thing to do: speak in a way that gets you out of LD statements and also seeming so Epig it's meta-epig.
Or something.
Maybe I'm not worried about scammin' the polygraph man. :mafia:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis, I am not Doms teammate

I do not know Doms Role

I do not know Doms affiliation

So please stop singing that song.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Accusin' me of tryin' to cheat the ol' lie detector man, eh? Well, this ain't hard with you only makin' eight posts, Dom:
Dom wrote:^Not a bad idea, perhaps.

Very good opening post. :D

I just thought of American Horror Story as I read . :p
Speculation
Your opinion
Nobody knows what you think.
Dom wrote:I'm tempted to vote train because I love the Orient Express.
Nobody knows what tempts you or what you love.
Dom wrote:Voted Train! :)
You voted train.
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Interesting... two "joke" votes one on top of the other.
My thoughts exactly.
Nobody knows what your thoughts are.
Dom wrote:My best friend is visiting, and I don't have a lot of time. I don't want to miss a vote, and I'm not convinced on either Epig nor HEdgie. So I'll randomize for Lizzy.
Unless your best friend is playing, nobody knows if this is true. You clearly didn't want to miss a vote. Nobody knows what you're convinced of. You probably randomized Liz.
Dom wrote:Stopping in:

What I meant is that I am not convinced that Epig has nefarious purposes. I think he's probably joking... And I think that anyone who votes Hedge isn't getting that.
Dom wrote:Sorry to see you go FH. :(

I don't have time to address specific concerns or anything, but if I read like I wasn't making sense, it's likely I wasn't because until this morning, I hadn't sat down and closely read the thread. I was skimming along to keep up and such, but nothing that I should have been doing, and for that I apologize.
In addition, I had no idea Lizzy had a vote on her. I don't remember getting a link notification, but I would have re-randomized if I had known that.
Nobody knows if you were sorry to see FH go. Nobody knows if you have time to address specific concerns or anything. Nobody knows if you hadn't sat down and closely read the thread. Nobody knows if you were skimming along to keep up and such. Nobody knows if you had no idea Liz had a vote on her. Nobody knows if you remember getting a link notification. Nobody knows if you would have re-randomized if you had known that.
Dom wrote:Lizzy, I don't think it was clear that I didn't notice that you'd vote for yourself, then if it was, like I said, I wasn't reading very closely. I was skimming. I had a few minutes before we were out for awhile.

Anyway, I think this discussion about Epig's speak is valuable to an extent. It would be a very Epignosis thing to do: speak in a way that gets you out of LD statements and also seeming so Epig it's meta-epig.
Or something.

I think I'm seeing SVS's civvie game-- perhaps independent, but I'm leaning civvie. Epig could go either way.
Nobody knows what you think. Nobody knows if you were skimming. Nobody knows if you had a few minutes. Nobody knows what you think about how I jaw. Nobody knows what "a very Epignosis" thing is.

As soon as you've said a few syllables or hummed a few bars the old lie looker can look at, then you can try a little chin music on me. Until then, here's :eye: at you kid.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Back in the Lostpedia days, this is usually where the thread devolved into a bunch of "I'm a civvie!" statements from everybody for the LD to check. As far as I can tell, this has recently been discouraged from happening, even by adding rules on how the LD can use their power. In WWE, I was not allowed to check a statement that directly revealed a player's alignment.

So then, it would be helpful to our LD I think, if we phrased our theories in the form of statements, which the LD can use to check the truthiness of.

SVS has done this but only in statements that involve herself, but they mostly look checkable, except for her "I am not bad" statement, which I do not believe is checkable, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Timmer and Dom are teammates. Timmer voted for FH to save Dom.

That is a theory. I can see how it could be true. Maybe the LD could figure it out tonight, if s/he is curious.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Back in the Lostpedia days, this is usually where the thread devolved into a bunch of "I'm a civvie!" statements from everybody for the LD to check. As far as I can tell, this has recently been discouraged from happening, even by adding rules on how the LD can use their power. In WWE, I was not allowed to check a statement that directly revealed a player's alignment.

So then, it would be helpful to our LD I think, if we phrased our theories in the form of statements, which the LD can use to check the truthiness of.

SVS has done this but only in statements that involve herself, but they mostly look checkable, except for her "I am not bad" statement, which I do not believe is checkable, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Timmer and Dom are teammates. Timmer voted for FH to save Dom.

That is a theory. I can see how it could be true. Maybe the LD could figure it out tonight, if s/he is curious.
See, I think all this talk is a way to distract the Pants on Fire Smeller from doing what he was going to do in the first place. It smells desperate to me. You said:

"Timmer and Dom are teammates."

The old man might check that, but if Timmers and Dom are both civilians, that would come up true, right? Or if they were the lovebirds, that would come up true, right? A distraction.

"Timmer voted for FH to save Dom."

Nobody can know why one person voted.

++++

Say friend, why did you vote Highflyers?
Turnip Head wrote:I'm voting for Flyin High. I agree with k4j, she was too quick to hop on the Dom bandwagon.
Now see, you voted because she was "too quick to hop on the Dom bandwagon." She voted second. Voting second is hoping on a bandwagon, according to you.

That's funny as hell, isn't it?
thellama73 wrote:
Flyin' High
kneel4justice (12), Turnip Head (13), timmer (15)
19%
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

The second part of that statement just supports the theory laid out in the first part. The LD does not have to check both sentences. And he does not have to check anything I tell him too. Just trying to help him out, if he finds himself wanting for things to check.

And yeah, I hopped on a bandwagon too. Everybody's gotta. But I laid out why I was hoppin' on it, brief as my explanation may have been at the time. FH didn't really say why she was hoppin' on, which was one reason I suspected her. On Day 1, sometimes that seems like a lot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:And yeah, I hopped on a bandwagon too. Everybody's gotta.
I didn't, mister. :mafia:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And you have been scolded repeatedly for expressing your individuality. :P

But in the situation I was in, the choices were to either hop on the Dom bandwagon, or hop on some other up and coming bandwagon that made sense to me. I did what felt right at the time. I do not know Dom's role. But the case against Dom did not sway me, so I voted the other way.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:I think I'm seeing SVS's civvie game-- perhaps independent, but I'm leaning civvie.
You would.
Dom wrote:Anyway, I think this discussion about Epig's speak is valuable to an extent. It would be a very Epignosis thing to do: speak in a way that gets you out of LD statements and also seeming so Epig it's meta-epig.
Or something.
Maybe I'm not worried about scammin' the polygraph man. :mafia:
I'm not either. :shrug:
Epignosis wrote:Accusin' me of tryin' to cheat the ol' lie detector man, eh? Well, this ain't hard with you only makin' eight posts, Dom:
Dom wrote:^Not a bad idea, perhaps.

Very good opening post. :D

I just thought of American Horror Story as I read . :p
Speculation
Your opinion
Dom wrote:I'm tempted to vote train because I love the Orient Express.
Nobody knows what tempts you or what you love.
Dom wrote:Voted Train! :)
You voted train.
Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Interesting... two "joke" votes one on top of the other.
My thoughts exactly.
Nobody knows what your thoughts are.
Dom wrote:My best friend is visiting, and I don't have a lot of time. I don't want to miss a vote, and I'm not convinced on either Epig nor HEdgie. So I'll randomize for Lizzy.
Unless your best friend is playing, nobody knows if this is true. You clearly didn't want to miss a vote. Nobody knows what you're convinced of. You probably randomized Liz.
Dom wrote:Stopping in:

What I meant is that I am not convinced that Epig has nefarious purposes. I think he's probably joking... And I think that anyone who votes Hedge isn't getting that.
Dom wrote:Sorry to see you go FH. :(

I don't have time to address specific concerns or anything, but if I read like I wasn't making sense, it's likely I wasn't because until this morning, I hadn't sat down and closely read the thread. I was skimming along to keep up and such, but nothing that I should have been doing, and for that I apologize.
In addition, I had no idea Lizzy had a vote on her. I don't remember getting a link notification, but I would have re-randomized if I had known that.
Nobody knows if you were sorry to see FH go. Nobody knows if you have time to address specific concerns or anything. Nobody knows if you hadn't sat down and closely read the thread. Nobody knows if you were skimming along to keep up and such. Nobody knows if you had no idea Liz had a vote on her. Nobody knows if you remember getting a link notification. Nobody knows if you would have re-randomized if you had known that.
Dom wrote:Lizzy, I don't think it was clear that I didn't notice that you'd vote for yourself, then if it was, like I said, I wasn't reading very closely. I was skimming. I had a few minutes before we were out for awhile.

Or something.

Nobody knows what you think. Nobody knows if you were skimming. Nobody knows if you had a few minutes. Nobody knows what you think about how I jaw. Nobody knows what "a very Epignosis" thing is.

As soon as you've said a few syllables or hummed a few bars the old lie looker can look at, then you can try a little chin music on me. Until then, here's :eye: at you kid.
I'm not bad.
I don't know what you're trying to prove with this post, but, to be honest, it was obnoxious. I'm sorry I don't have as much time right now as others. I will soon. I haven't made that many posts, and it's been... one... day? OH NOOOOOO!!!!!
Honestly, Epig, what the fuck? I speculated that it would be very Epig to do what SVS suggested, and then followed it up with, eh, Epig could be either way.
In other words: I have no fucking clue.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:And you have been scolded repeatedly for expressing your individuality. :P

But in the situation I was in, the choices were to either hop on the Dom bandwagon, or hop on some other up and coming bandwagon that made sense to me. I did what felt right at the time. I do not know Dom's role. But the case against Dom did not sway me, so I voted the other way.
Nobody on the block claims to know what Dom's role is, so I don't why people keep rattlin' that off to me.

You voted for Highflyers because she was "quick to hop on a Dom bandwagon." Second voter, and she jumped on a bandwagon? The hell?

Highflyers voted for Dom because of what YOU said. YOU. This is why you're guilty.
Kate wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Haha. That's a good point. We do seem to be a pretty reasonable bunch so far. :D

I agree that Dom's vote post is weird. I feel like he was acting like there was a case on Hedge that people were discussing, when really it was just Epi's vote (for whatever reason he made it). Dom randomized, so he himself is not part of the lynch, but in that post you quoted above he's trying to set it up as being an Epi vs. Hedge lynch while he's gone.
THIS is a very good point. Go click on Epi's handy dandy post getter on Dom's name. His last 2 posts make little to no sense when read back to back.

I'm going to go ahead and vote dom. I think he was doing a lil pot stirring.
Flyin' High wrote:I agree. :srsnod: *votes*
Like Sra. Tildes, you voted someone other than Dom for a weaker reason despite expressing suspicion of Dom.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”