X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Re: X-Men [Day 1]

Post by Kent Brockman »

I'd not mind someone stirring my pot if you know what I mean.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

White Queen wrote:No Spiral, I actually did not. I read your post as a stand alone thing, which is why i thought it was weird that you were calling out one low poster, but not the rest. After Scarlet answered the question I directed at you, I read closer.
Right... which is what I said?
dunya
Turnip Head
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Avalanche wrote:I feel like we got off to a bad start. Let's begin again. Hi, I am Avalanche. Want to kill some Morlocks?
I like this guy. :haha: FWIW, if killing Morlocks is actually a thing, I'm in. They suck.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Day 0]

Post by Snapshot »

Domino wrote:Voted Asteroid M because it sounds the coolest.
I wouldn't mind hearing a bit from Mr. Domino. This is his only post in the game and it was to vote for Magneto's base... :ponder:
Reporting
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Spooky Ghost »

As an ex-Morlock who's Morlock family was murdered by someone like you, I'd like to request that we don't kill all of the Morlocks?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

The Vision wrote:
Avalanche wrote:I feel like we got off to a bad start. Let's begin again. Hi, I am Avalanche. Want to kill some Morlocks?
I like this guy. :haha: FWIW, if killing Morlocks is actually a thing, I'm in. They suck.
Well screw you too.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Marrow wrote:As an ex-Morlock who's Morlock family was murdered by someone like you, I'd like to request that we don't kill all of the Morlocks?
Well I know who I'm voting for today.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Avalanche wrote:
Marrow wrote:As an ex-Morlock who's Morlock family was murdered by someone like you, I'd like to request that we don't kill all of the Morlocks?
As a former Morlock, I find your whole attitude frankly racist and offensive. My entire immediate family and friends all die in a Morlock raid by a guy who decided to kill them just for fun. You make me sick!
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Sockys2023 »

Shadowcat wrote:Sorry I haven't been around much. I am quite busy fighting supervillians, and will continue to be doing so for a few days. I will try to make some time when I can though.

I thought it was very interesting how Avalance really kept pushing the Morlock Tunnels, when I felt like we had sound logic/advice not to do so. Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or was just being goofy, but I would lean towards the first one.
I think Shadowcat is just casting aspersions. Why would you lean toward the first one? Given everything that's been said, I don't think there's any compelling evidence that fighting Morlocks would've been worse than any other choice, or that Avalanche is doing anything other than causing havoc and/or discussions.
Polaris wrote:
Havok wrote:yeah, people use the male pronoun as default all the time. It just seemed weird in this case because the avatar of Polaris with her big boobs and all would make me use "her".
I'm guilty of this as well :( Though these are sockpuppet games and I'm not familiar with the X-Men characters either.
I didn't think this was weird, but now that Polaris is defending Scarlett Witch's misgendering of her I do. I know we're not allowed to reveal our secret identities in BTSC, but I've been in BTSC before and it's not that hard to mistakenly let a personal detail slip, or to read someone as male or female even if they really aren't. I mean, I've figured out 2-3 secret identities already, and I only have access to the thread, where people are kinda careful about what they say. The defense makes me think it could be a baddie slip-up, and that Polaris came to Scarlett's defense because they don't want to lose a team member so early.

So that's who I'll be looking at today.

Linki: Ummm.... :| (sidles quietly out of room)
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Oh, Sebastian Shaw voted already. So there's that.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

You guys do know that the Morlocks aren't bad guys, right?
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Marrow, I have no issue with Morlocks.

:confused: SEBASTIAN SHAW MAY NOT BE A SOCK! He has posts in Harry Potter, Grimm's, and American Gods too!!!! Maybe others.

Also, he took my plan of voting first.

What the heck is going on here? :omg:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Avalanche wrote:
Spiral wrote:
The Vision wrote:Considering how many players are in this game, things are awfully quiet…
I, personally, don't have much to say. Avalanche certainly has quieted down, though.
I am pouting because I didn't get my way.

I think it is telling how people are trying to make me out as a villain for having a different opinion about the poll than everyone else. Personally, I will be looking at conformists today.
I thought I understood what you were doing when you were causing chaos, but I thought that was through once you posted this. Unless I am misinterpreting this post and your actions, you've revealed why you were talking about the Morlocks (for reasons such as analyzing reactions, which I can't disagree with). But why is it that you've only really said that you're going to be looking at conformists but have yet to actually give thoughts on the people who have villain-ized you (unless I missed them, please let me know if I have)? Or who are acting as conformists (I don't even know what that means lol). Now you're back to talking about Morlocks, and you never really accomplished what I thought you were out to do. I just don't understand.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Marrow wrote:You guys do know that the Morlocks aren't bad guys, right?
They are. They are always trying to kill the Eloi.
Deathlok wrote:I don't think there's any compelling evidence that fighting Morlocks would've been worse than any other choice, or that Avalanche is doing anything other than causing havoc and/or discussions.
It's Havok...with a K. :P
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Marrow wrote:You guys do know that the Morlocks aren't bad guys, right?
They were in the '80s and early '90s :sigh:
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Deathlok wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Havok wrote:yeah, people use the male pronoun as default all the time. It just seemed weird in this case because the avatar of Polaris with her big boobs and all would make me use "her".
I'm guilty of this as well :( Though these are sockpuppet games and I'm not familiar with the X-Men characters either.
I didn't think this was weird, but now that Polaris is defending Scarlett Witch's misgendering of her I do. I know we're not allowed to reveal our secret identities in BTSC, but I've been in BTSC before and it's not that hard to mistakenly let a personal detail slip, or to read someone as male or female even if they really aren't. I mean, I've figured out 2-3 secret identities already, and I only have access to the thread, where people are kinda careful about what they say. The defense makes me think it could be a baddie slip-up, and that Polaris came to Scarlett's defense because they don't want to lose a team member so early.

Your logic is confusing here. You're saying that because we are not allowed to reveal identities, my IRL gender could have been slipped out by someone other than myself? Anyway, just to see if we can clear this up...

Mr. Epi, are real identies revealed in BTSC?
Deathlok wrote:Marrow, I have no issue with Morlocks.

:confused: SEBASTIAN SHAW MAY NOT BE A SOCK! He has posts in Harry Potter, Grimm's, and American Gods too!!!! Maybe others.

Sebastian Shaw is a character in this game whose puppet was in another game, whose name was probably changed for this game, right? Just like the rest of the puppets. Is that what was confusing you?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Exodus wrote: I thought I understood what you were doing when you were causing chaos, but I thought that was through once you posted this. Unless I am misinterpreting this post and your actions, you've revealed why you were talking about the Morlocks (for reasons such as analyzing reactions, which I can't disagree with). But why is it that you've only really said that you're going to be looking at conformists but have yet to actually give thoughts on the people who have villain-ized you (unless I missed them, please let me know if I have)? Or who are acting as conformists (I don't even know what that means lol). Now you're back to talking about Morlocks, and you never really accomplished what I thought you were out to do. I just don't understand.
Hi there! I am happy to address your post.

First, I was not pushing that option to analyze reactions or anything similar. I was pushing it because I wanted to fight Morlocks. I feel like I could not have been more clear on this point.

Second, by conformists I do not mean the people villainizing me, I mean the people trying to blend in, particularly by voting for the "obvious" choice of school. You want thoughts? I'll give you thoughts.

I feel good about Scarlet Witc, despite her suspicion of me, and I feel good about Dazzler. I feel less good about Havok with a k, because I thought the pronoun thing looked scapegoaty. I haven't formed opinions of the others yet. I am watching.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

He's on the poll, he must be a player!

I find him more suspicious than the whole misgendering debacle. That seems like a textbook definition of drumming up a case out of nothing. I'm notoriously bad at genders. I usually call people with male pronouns out of sheer laziness.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

Polaris wrote:Mr. Epi, are real identies revealed in BTSC?
They are, even if I didn't want them to be. :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Guys, all the sock accounts are reused for each game with the name and avatar changed. This is not complicated.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

Avalanche wrote:Personally, I will be looking at conformists today.
Me too! ;)
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Avalanche wrote:Just to clarify to everyone:
Fight Morlocks:
I find this comparison quite racist.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Marrow wrote:
Fight Morlocks:
It's not a comparison. It's a picture of Morlocks. It's not racist to show an accurate picture of a race.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Hows this for nonconformity?

I'm voting for Dharmahelp- I mean Avalanche.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Marrow wrote:Hows this for nonconformity?

I have a sneaking feeling that will end up being quite conformist.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Avalanche wrote:
Marrow wrote:
Fight Morlocks:
It's not a comparison. It's a picture of Morlocks. It's not racist to show an accurate picture of a race.

Avalanche: "It's not a comparison. It's a picture of a black person. It's not racist to show an accurate picture of a race."
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Avalanche wrote:
Marrow wrote:Hows this for nonconformity?

I have a sneaking feeling that will end up being quite conformist.
Well I voted Avalanche before it was cool.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Hawkeye wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:You were aware that pushing for that option, even if it was for just teh lulz, would draw a lot a attention, and not the positive kind either. What was the reasoning behind that?
A leader leads, a follower follows.

I am waiting for someone to explain why pushing the Morlock Tunnels makes me more likely to be bad.

I think too often on Day 1 people just vote for whoever they happen to notice, without any other reason. This is illogical.

I want Havoc to explain why using the wrong pronoun about Polaris makes someone more likely to be bad.
That does not answer the question, though.

Pushing for an option that according to Vision is not desirable may suggest a baddie pushing for a location that benefits his team, if they had info that is, so that's why some may think you look bad.
The Vision just gave his interpretation of the places. Doesn't mean that he was correct in his conclusions. I don't see, at this point, how Avalanche wanting to go to the Morlock tunnels because bad guys are there makes him bad. Maybe he is bad and trying to look supertoughcivvie by saying "I wanna go fight the bad guys, we're X-Men." But then maybe he is civvie trying to actively get into the game in an exciting way, be a hero, be a leader, etc.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

So Marrow is a Morlock sympathizer? :ponder:
Fractal
sprityo
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Marrow wrote: Image

Avalanche: "It's not a comparison. It's a picture of a black person. It's not racist to show an accurate picture of a race."
That is a picture of Al Jolson, who was white, so I don't think you quite made the point you were trying to make.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Avalanche wrote:
Exodus wrote: I thought I understood what you were doing when you were causing chaos, but I thought that was through once you posted this. Unless I am misinterpreting this post and your actions, you've revealed why you were talking about the Morlocks (for reasons such as analyzing reactions, which I can't disagree with). But why is it that you've only really said that you're going to be looking at conformists but have yet to actually give thoughts on the people who have villain-ized you (unless I missed them, please let me know if I have)? Or who are acting as conformists (I don't even know what that means lol). Now you're back to talking about Morlocks, and you never really accomplished what I thought you were out to do. I just don't understand.
Hi there! I am happy to address your post.

First, I was not pushing that option to analyze reactions or anything similar. I was pushing it because I wanted to fight Morlocks. I feel like I could not have been more clear on this point.

Second, by conformists I do not mean the people villainizing me, I mean the people trying to blend in, particularly by voting for the "obvious" choice of school. You want thoughts? I'll give you thoughts.

I feel good about Scarlet Witc, despite her suspicion of me, and I feel good about Dazzler. I feel less good about Havok with a k, because I thought the pronoun thing looked scapegoaty. I haven't formed opinions of the others yet. I am watching.
AGAIN (second time) I never said that using the wrong pronoun made SW bad. I only said that it was the only thing that I had noticed at the time. The reactions to all of this have been very very interesting though. Twisting words is way more "scapegoaty" and villainous than making an observation.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Havok wrote: AGAIN (second time) I never said that using the wrong pronoun made SW bad. I only said that it was the only thing that I had noticed at the time. The reactions to all of this have been very very interesting though. Twisting words is way more "scapegoaty" and villainous than making an observation.
Don't worry, I probably won't vote for you. You didn't vote for the school.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Polaris wrote:
Deathlok wrote:
Polaris wrote:

Your logic is confusing here. You're saying that because we are not allowed to reveal identities, my IRL gender could have been slipped out by someone other than myself? Anyway, just to see if we can clear this up...

Mr. Epi, are real identies revealed in BTSC?

Sebastian Shaw is a character in this game whose puppet was in another game, whose name was probably changed for this game, right? Just like the rest of the puppets. Is that what was confusing you?
Thanks for clearing up the sock thing. That does make sense. I should've thought of it.

For the record, I still think it's weird that he's voting and not saying much.

And I wasn't saying it could've been slipped BECAUSE we're not allow to reveal identities, rather DESPITE that. See the host post below.
Epignosis wrote:
Polaris wrote:Mr. Epi, are real identies revealed in BTSC?
They are, even if I didn't want them to be. :disappoint:
So I'm gonna go ahead and vote Scarlett Witch. If she's lynched, at best we've caught a baddie and her male friend, at worst I'll more or less feel like I can trust Polaris. Either outcome is better than the traditional Night 1 "Oh, we lynched a civvie and have no information about potential baddies, either."
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Avalanche wrote:
Is this a joke?
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

If I had to vote it'd likely be for Rasputin, who's one and only post was to say they were voting for Morlock tunnels.
dunya
Turnip Head
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

just caught up, sorry for the absence. it's been a busy weekend involving GoT, Risk, pizza, vodka, and then a headache resulting from 3 of the previously listed things.

I think there may be lines that are very close to being crossed that don't need to be with regards to racism, let's do our best not to cross them.

avalanche has stuck out but i don't think he's a baddie. he's been somewhat attractive but i don't think his actions would make sense from a baddie standpoint any more than they would from a civvie standpoint. All it could really result in is him getting unwanted attention if he were bad, unless there was some sort of day 1 suicide gambit.

the other thing that's stuck out was the whole thing regarding gender between polaris and scarlet witch. it seems like something to keep an eye on but i don't think it alone is enough to condemn either of them based on.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Banshee wrote:he's been somewhat attractive
"SOMEWHAT DISTRACTING" IS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

So I have been doing some reading on these Morlocks. http://www.comicvine.com/morlocks/4060-3191/

I am not sure how they are portrayed in the comics but they don't seem to be bad guys, just outcasts. So whats with the Morlock hate?
Fractal
sprityo
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

What da fuq is going on with this game, holee shee-it... :evileye: :|

Guys, I'm all for getting meta since we're mafia players with mafia roles posting as mafia avatars. To paraphrase Kirk Lazarus... we're dudes playing dudes disguised as other dudes. But shit, even if one of these Avatars IS a former Morlock, that's not your role dammit, so tell me, please, how is picking a fight about the racism of putting up a pic of some Morlocks from the FUCKING TIME MACHINE because your avatar is a former Morlock helping find baddies?!?!

This ain't Day 0 anymore, son!

This is a distraction.
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I don't think that Scarlet Witch should receive votes for her post and use of pronouns. I find it highly gender normative. Not everyone has to be assumed male until proven otherwise. That's dumb. I am sure there are other posts where the pronoun "he" or some other male gendered pronoun is used, and no one jumped on that. Dumb if you ask me.
dunya
Turnip Head
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm likely going to vote for Marrow. I just read his posts. His first post of the game he says he knows nothing
about the Xmen. He then apparently read up on wikipedia about his avatar or something and spent every other post so far defending Morlocks' honour. Every post but this one:
Marrow wrote:

He's on the poll, he must be a player!

I find him more suspicious than the whole misgendering debacle. That seems like a textbook definition of drumming up a case out of nothing. I'm notoriously bad at genders. I usually call people with male pronouns out of sheer laziness.
So here Marrow lists Sebastian Shaw as suspicious, but he eventually decides to namedrop that he thinks Avalanche is DH and votes him instead. You know, for the honour of Morlock kind.

Marrow feels like someone who isn't particularly caring about what happens in the game, and early on that's often a baddie.
Reporting
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I was a bit confused in my earlier post about Avalanche and going to the Morlock tunnels. I have revised my opinion a bit on the matter here. :derp:

Just read the day 0 posts again and it seems that it was brought up quite a few times that Morlocks aren't necessarily bad guys, as this was pointed out numerous times to Avalanche he just ignored it, or didn't care. As he also ignored the fact that if he really wanted to fight bad guys he would go to where the brotherhoods base is actually located, not to the tunnels to fight some mutants that haven't harmed us.

So I am voting for Avalanche.
Fractal
sprityo
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Banshee wrote:he's been somewhat attractive
Why thank you!
Spiral wrote:I don't think that Scarlet Witch should receive votes for her post and use of pronouns. I find it highly gender normative. Not everyone has to be assumed male until proven otherwise. That's dumb. I am sure there are other posts where the pronoun "he" or some other male gendered pronoun is used, and no one jumped on that. Dumb if you ask me.
I completely agree with this. I think the reasoning behind Deathlok's vote for Scarlet Witch is extremely suspect. I will consider giving my vote to someone who votes based on such a reason.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Mojo wrote: Just read the day 0 posts again and it seems that it was brought up quite a few times that Morlocks aren't necessarily bad guys, as this was pointed out numerous times to Avalanche he just ignored it, or didn't care. As he also ignored the fact that if he really wanted to fight bad guys he would go to where the brotherhoods base is actually located, not to the tunnels to fight some mutants that haven't harmed us.
They are bad guys. It's not my fault you haven't seen the Time Machine.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Avalanche, I think the concern comes from why you don't have the same fervor with fighting the actual baddies.

I'd like to either vote for Deathlock or Rasputin
dunya
Turnip Head
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Spiral wrote:Avalanche, I think the concern comes from why you don't have the same fervor with fighting the actual baddies.
Don't worry. We'll get them too. They haven't got a chance this game.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Avalanche wrote:
Mojo wrote: Just read the day 0 posts again and it seems that it was brought up quite a few times that Morlocks aren't necessarily bad guys, as this was pointed out numerous times to Avalanche he just ignored it, or didn't care. As he also ignored the fact that if he really wanted to fight bad guys he would go to where the brotherhoods base is actually located, not to the tunnels to fight some mutants that haven't harmed us.
They are bad guys. It's not my fault you haven't seen the Time Machine.
Actually, I have both seen and read it. Quoted from Wikipedia (since it is waaaaaay more concise than I could ever be:
When he first encounters a Morlock, the Time Traveler begins to piece together a new image of the future world of the year 802,701 AD. The Morlocks and the Eloi have something of a symbiotic relationship: the Eloi are clothed and fed by the Morlocks, and in return, the Morlocks eat the Eloi. The Time Traveler perceives this, and suggests that the Eloi–Morlock relationship developed from a class distinction present in his own time: the Morlocks are the working class who had to work underground so that the rich upper class could live in luxury.
Basically the Morlock are livestock farmers. Icky? Yes? Evil? Not particularly. Plus as has been pointed out a zillion times already, they are not in this game. You railing against them would me like me railing against the New Yorkers (since NYC was another poll option). Can New Yorkers suck? 100%. Can they be lynched or NK me in this game? Absolutely not.

I really want to give you the BOTD, but this is starting to feel like a huge distraction.
Spiral wrote:If I had to vote it'd likely be for Rasputin, who's one and only post was to say they were voting for Morlock tunnels.
These are the single posts of Cable and Domino. You do not mention them; so the Morlock connection is why you suspect Rasputin? So you also suspect Avalanche? Since the only reason for thinking Rasputins vote was suspicious is the fact that he made it soon after Avalanche asked someone to go to the tunnels with him, I would think you think they go together.
Cable wrote:Voted for cape citadel because capes are usually nice. :shrug:
Domino wrote:Voted Asteroid M because it sounds the coolest.
Here you address Avalanche, but do not seem to suspect him, saying you want to vote for Deathlok or Rasputin. This is your only mention of Deathlok (and I searched it as Deathlok, and Deathlock). So why Deathlok, whom you have never mentioned? And why not Avalanche? Since you are explaining to him why people think he looks bad and all.
Spiral wrote:Avalanche, I think the concern comes from why you don't have the same fervor with fighting the actual baddies.

I'd like to either vote for Deathlock or Rasputin
TBH, I am seriously considering a vote for you.
Assault
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote: I really want to give you the BOTD, but this is starting to feel like a huge distraction.
People keep asking me about it, so I respond. If you are distracted, stop asking me about it.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Sebastian Shaw, I do not understand your vote for Deadpool. I looked up your posts but there was no explanation. Could you explain this vote please?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote: I really want to give you the BOTD, but this is starting to feel like a huge distraction.
People keep asking me about it, so I respond. If you are distracted, stop asking me about it.
So who do you suspect?
Assault

Return to “Previous Jobs”