X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Re: X-Men [Day 13]

Post by Gunther »

yeah, I thought about that, Mikhail, and I think it is possible. I don't think that it's me, though. I brought this up briefly many many days ago, but no one else seemed to notice it.

I was doing some reading at the Marvel wiki about Apocalypse. Apocalypse has used several characters over the years to do his bidding...by as you said augmenting their powers. Out of all the characters used, only 3 are roles in this game. Gambit, Wolverine, and Archangel.

So, if Apocalypse's win condition is related to keeping anyone else alive in the game, I would say that it is those 3. Gambit is dead. I'm 99% sure Wolverine is dead. Archangel is still alive.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Also, I think White Queen voting herself is a super obvious ploy to waste our time so she can NK more of us and so we'll stop trying to eliminate her. So I don't think we should lynch her.
Who do you want to lynch? I'm not willing to vote for Havok or Spiral. I'm less sure about Shadowcat and Shaw. But personally, I think there are no brotherhood members left. I think Apocalypse took out Pyro on Night 11.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Yeah, Rasputin, being real obvious about secret win conditions would be wicked smart of me (hypothetically, ofc)

OK then, you have been wanting to lynch Havoc on and off for ages, let's do that instead.

*changes vote*
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

lololol
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

More evidence that Archangel and Apocalypse could be tied together:

Archangel was Angel aka Warren Worthington III. Angel lost his wings. How did he get them back? Apocalypse gave him new and improved metal wings and after his encounter with Apocalypse Angel was then known as Archangel. The very fact that the role in this game is Archangel rather than Angel makes it even more likely IMO that Apocalypse is tied to Archangel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Wor ... #Archangel
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Re: X-Men [Day 12]

Post by Lunatella »

Shadowcat wrote:I know I've said I've felt uneasy about Havok off and on throughout this game. There's that nagging feeling I've always had of him since the way he disputed my "case" and put out his own theory about it. But I think his vote for Polaris was what finally removed any doubt I had of him. I'm willing to go with Longshot, mostly because I agree that his vote for Spiral just looks really, really bad to me.

Linki: I think I might go for Shaw next. He's the only other person at this point who gives me the creeps.
I think I'll vote for Shadowcat. :noble:
Lunalee
nutella
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Havok wrote:More evidence that Archangel and Apocalypse could be tied together:

Archangel was Angel aka Warren Worthington III. Angel lost his wings. How did he get them back? Apocalypse gave him new and improved metal wings and after his encounter with Apocalypse Angel was then known as Archangel. The very fact that the role in this game is Archangel rather than Angel makes it even more likely IMO that Apocalypse is tied to Archangel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Wor ... #Archangel
That is an interesting theory, but I am fairly sure that I have never been off the poll, even once. Not even before people started to think I was Apocalypse. So nice theory, but unlikely, IMO. Unless, of course, someone else is Apocalypse.

So it looks like we are not going to get that early day? It might have been nice to get a grip on who is pushing what agenda a bit earlier, and a lynch of ANYONE at this stage will be illuminating.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Why would you have be taken off the poll for that theory to work? Even if Archangel knew who Apocalypse was, why would Archangel waste time taking Apocalypse off the poll?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

and why should we listen to anything you have to say on the subject of how to defeat Apocalypse?

:D
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Havok wrote:Why would you have be taken off the poll for that theory to work? Even if Archangel knew who Apocalypse was, why would Archangel waste time taking Apocalypse off the poll?
Well, to make that person look ...not Apocalypse?

It's an interesting theory.
Havok wrote:and why should we listen to anything you have to say on the subject of how to defeat Apocalypse?

And why should we listen to anything that the person suspected of being my #1 crony has to say either?
Assault
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

You are being silly, White Queen.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

I appreciate the different theories being put out about how to get rid of Apocalypse. But I'm not sure that it's the case where he needs certain roles dead before he becomes vulnerable. I just feel like I haven't seen any evidence that confirms or denies this other than people speculating on this.

I'm honestly considering a vote for either White Queen or Shaw. I think one of the two of them has to be Apocalypse at this point (WQ), and I still feel willy-nilly enough about Shaw that I would be okay with voting for him.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

EBWOP: Unless anyone else has any worthwhile ideas/leads on any of the other remaining players. I would be willing to explore other avenues.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Avalanche wrote:You are being silly, White Queen.
Says the King of the Morlocks :p
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

So, White Queen, who do you want to see lynched today?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

White Queen wrote:Yeah, Rasputin, being real obvious about secret win conditions would be wicked smart of me (hypothetically, ofc)

OK then, you have been wanting to lynch Havoc on and off for ages, let's do that instead.

*changes vote*
lol
White Queen wrote:
Havok wrote:Why would you have be taken off the poll for that theory to work? Even if Archangel knew who Apocalypse was, why would Archangel waste time taking Apocalypse off the poll?

Havok wrote:and why should we listen to anything you have to say on the subject of how to defeat Apocalypse?

And why should we listen to anything that the person suspected of being my #1 crony has to say either?
you're caught?
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

White Queen wrote:Yeah, Rasputin, being real obvious about secret win conditions would be wicked smart of me (hypothetically, ofc)

*changes vote*
I'm a little concerned by how...malleable...White Queen is being today. It's like she knows none of this matters or something.
Havok wrote:yeah, I thought about that, Mikhail, and I think it is possible. I don't think that it's me, though. I brought this up briefly many many days ago, but no one else seemed to notice it.

I was doing some reading at the Marvel wiki about Apocalypse. Apocalypse has used several characters over the years to do his bidding...by as you said augmenting their powers. Out of all the characters used, only 3 are roles in this game. Gambit, Wolverine, and Archangel.

So, if Apocalypse's win condition is related to keeping anyone else alive in the game, I would say that it is those 3. Gambit is dead. I'm 99% sure Wolverine is dead. Archangel is still alive.
Iirc (if someone would look this up it would be super nice) the original theory put forth was that Apocalypse got to choose 4 players or roles. Something to do with Apocalypse from the show using mutants against each other and calling them his Four Horsemen. If that is the case, I think thread behavior points to you.

However, your point is good as well. Do we know who Archangel is? I feel like we do because they died, but I can't remember who it was.

And finally, I don't really think it's entirely crazy to be looking at Shaw now. I do think it's unlikely he's bad because of the lynch survival, and I thought that lynching him when there were better candidates was a SUPER bad idea, but now I'm kind of at a loss to find anyone who seems more Brotherhood-y. Not saying I'll vote him, just that I won't necessarily push to lynch anyone who does anymore.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I really feel like we could win today if we get this right; I just have no idea at all where to go. :sigh:
Management
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Spiral wrote:

*changes vote*
lol
White Queen wrote:

you're caught?
Caught being what? What everyone has been saying I am without even testing it for weeks? Or no longer giving a damn if you lynch the person I have been OVERTLY, aggressively protecting for weeks? Yeah, you caught me, lol; surprised this took that long :haha: Lynch Havoc. Then we can talk about me some more tomorrow.

Regardless of what Rasputin says, I still think Shaw may be be bad. Could be wrong. Lets see if we go another night without a kill, then I may consider that all the baddies are gone. At this point, I am not so sure that there are no baddies left. Very seriously. I have known baddies to choose not to kill to lull into complacency.

Personally, if I were you all I would lynch me. You may say that I am just trying to waste a lynch, and that may be true. But, very seriously, you people have been making a lot of assumptions based on things I said, things that may be lies. Were I you, I would have spent the last several days after the double Apocalypse night kill, here in the thread discussing how to defeat Apocalypse, not silently hiding and pouting about the big bad unkillable indy and the unfairness of it all (I am extrapolating here, I presume this was the sentiment) and allowing the thread to go dead. So if I were you, and not me, I would prove the theorem before I moved onto the next step. Since you're such a group of logicians and all :)

Or lynch Havoc, and then lynch me again tomorrow, down one civ. You guys call it :)
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

*changes vote*
I'm a little concerned by how...malleable...White Queen is being today. It's like she knows none of this matters or something.
Havok wrote:yeah, I thought about that, Mikhail, and I think it is possible. I don't think that it's me, though. I brought this up briefly many many days ago, but no one else seemed to notice it.

Iirc (if someone would look this up it would be super nice) the original theory put forth was that Apocalypse got to choose 4 players or roles. Something to do with Apocalypse from the show using mutants against each other and calling them his Four Horsemen. If that is the case, I think thread behavior points to you.

However, your point is good as well. Do we know who Archangel is? I feel like we do because they died, but I can't remember who it was.

And finally, I don't really think it's entirely crazy to be looking at Shaw now. I do think it's unlikely he's bad because of the lynch survival, and I thought that lynching him when there were better candidates was a SUPER bad idea, but now I'm kind of at a loss to find anyone who seems more Brotherhood-y. Not saying I'll vote him, just that I won't necessarily push to lynch anyone who does anymore.
Yes, I know who Archangel is.

As for the big load of stool that White Queen just sharted into the thread, it would be unwise to listen to anything she has to say. If there are no brotherhood members left (And I really think that is the case) then that means thats Apocalypse is the only reason this game hasn't ended, and she is saying any and everything she can to help herself accomplish her win condition.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Havok wrote: Yes, I know who Archangel is.
Who?

As I see it there, are three possibilities.

1. There is a baddie left (I don't think there is)

2. Apocalypse needs another player (i.e. Archangel) to win.

3. Apocalypse is only unlynchable until one of the factions is dead.

I think either 2 or 3, so I would like to lynch either White Queen or whoever we think Archangel is. If there are other possibilities I'm missing, I would happily entertain them.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Havok wrote: Yes, I know who Archangel is.

As for the big load of stool that White Queen just sharted into the thread, it would be unwise to listen to anything she has to say. If there are no brotherhood members left (And I really think that is the case) then that means thats Apocalypse is the only reason this game hasn't ended, and she is saying any and everything she can to help herself accomplish her win condition.
YES.

Thank you. Haha I am pretty glad we're on the same page now. I do think she's goading us, and playing to win.

Anyway, the way I see it, Avalanche basically summed up our options. I think it's still possible there's a baddie left, because baddies kill on odd nights. No kill last night means nothing; no kill tonight would be big. I just don't know who the baddie is. I think if we are gonna try to get a baddie, Spiral or Shaw are our best options. Others seem to be against Spiral, though, and I'm still leery on lynching Shaw because of his first lynch survival.

On the other hand, if he hasn't lost his powers, lynching Shaw wouldn't hurt us directly. It would give Apocalypse and any remaining baddies more time to kill, but I don't think he'd die at least.

I think lynching White Queen is a bad idea, because she seems to want us to (though that could be a ruse, too. But I'm getting WIFOM-y here). We could go for Archangel, but that puts us down a civ, or try Havok, though at this point I'm inclined to think he's civ too, so those things are basically equivalent to my mind.

I'm not in love with any of our options, really. And I have to leave in about 30 minutes and I'm not sure I'll be back before poll close.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

So White Queen, if you can talk about this and don't mind, why have you been overtly protecting Havok for weeks, if not because you need him alive to win?

I think that's a key question in this lynch.
Management
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote: On the other hand, if he hasn't lost his powers, lynching Shaw wouldn't hurt us directly.
It would if he is who I think he is. We would essentially be playing Russian roulette with all of our lives. I am far from sure about him, but that makes me nervous.

I am leaning towards a Shadowcat lynch today, largely by process of elimination.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

But by process of elimination, Shadowcat cannot possibly be bad! I am against that notion.

Why do think lynching Shaw would kill us all? I don't get that idea at all from any of the roles.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Leaving now. I'm voting Spiral for now, because I think if anyone's bad, he's most likely to be it. I may change it if I get back in time to, especially when I see White Queen's response to my question.
Management
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:But by process of elimination, Shadowcat cannot possibly be bad! I am against that notion.

Why do think lynching Shaw would kill us all? I don't get that idea at all from any of the roles.
I never said I thought Shadowcat was bad. I said I was leaning towards voting for Shadowcat. There exists a difference.

I don't think lynching Shaw will kill all of us, I think it will kill one of us. One of us who we don't want killed.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bullzeye »

Sorry, I've had no time for mafia recently. I still don't feel great about Havok but it seems most people don't actually agree with me so I'm unsure what I'm doing today at the moment.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:But by process of elimination, Shadowcat cannot possibly be bad! I am against that notion.

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Leaving now. I'm voting Spiral for now, because I think if anyone's bad, he's most likely to be it. I may change it if I get back in time to, especially when I see White Queen's response to my question.
By process of elimination, I don't think anyone left is a brotherhood member. We can't lynch Apocalypse, so I think pursuing that would be a waste of time. The only think I have to vote on today is the idea that Apocalypse's win condition is tied to one of the remaining X-Men. I think Archangel fits that theory. I also think that voting for Spiral is a terrible idea. I'm honestly a little shocked that you want to lynch Spiral over Shadowcat. Literally the only thing that Shadowcat has done to show civvieness is the case on Exodus. That doesn't absolve her from being partnered with Apocalypse. I'm almost certain that Shadowcat is Archangel. Combine my theory with Shadowcat's recent thread behavior, and I feel pretty good about a Shadowcat lynch today.

vote: Shadowcat
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Bullzeye, how were you rezzed the 2nd time?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:Bullzeye, how were you rezzed the 2nd time?
No idea.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I'm not particularly happy about a Shadowcat vote, but I feel I have no choice.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

If I have to be dead for Apocalypse to win, that one is news to me. It's definitely a mistake to vote for me today.

Do we have any actual in-thread evidence of Apocalypse using/depending on other roles in order to win? Because I refuse to go on that notion unless I see otherwise.

Also, I won't be around much until the lynch, but if anyone wants to hear anything from me that could change their minds, I'm all for it. Because right now, I think the baddies (and probably Apocalypse too) are letting us sow the seeds of doubt in the thread to make us destroy ourselves.

I would be willing to vote for Shaw today. I will be placing my vote on him, because I don't see how anyone can make it to DAY FREAKING 13 and have skated through this far. I think there is enough evidence to consider the fact that he is bad. Hopefully others are willing to follow along with me on this one.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

How do you think we get rid of Apocalypse, Shadowcat?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I seem to be the last to vote, and I'm not sure if I want to vote Shadowcat so my vote doesn't really seem to matter. I guess I'll stick with Havok for the day.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Bullzeye wrote:I seem to be the last to vote, and I'm not sure if I want to vote Shadowcat so my vote doesn't really seem to matter. I guess I'll stick with Havok for the day.
Seriously? You think Professor X just vouched for me on a whim?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Avalanche wrote:I'm not particularly happy about a Shadowcat vote, but I feel I have no choice.
You have a choice. Who do you want to vote for?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Havok wrote:
Avalanche wrote:I'm not particularly happy about a Shadowcat vote, but I feel I have no choice.
You have a choice. Who do you want to vote for?
I don't know!
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Made it back!
Avalanche wrote:

I never said I thought Shadowcat was bad. I said I was leaning towards voting for Shadowcat. There exists a difference.

I don't think lynching Shaw will kill all of us, I think it will kill one of us. One of us who we don't want killed.
What do you mean by this???
Havok wrote: By process of elimination, I don't think anyone left is a brotherhood member. We can't lynch Apocalypse, so I think pursuing that would be a waste of time. The only think I have to vote on today is the idea that Apocalypse's win condition is tied to one of the remaining X-Men. I think Archangel fits that theory. I also think that voting for Spiral is a terrible idea. I'm honestly a little shocked that you want to lynch Spiral over Shadowcat. Literally the only thing that Shadowcat has done to show civvieness is the case on Exodus. That doesn't absolve her from being partnered with Apocalypse. I'm almost certain that Shadowcat is Archangel. Combine my theory with Shadowcat's recent thread behavior, and I feel pretty good about a Shadowcat lynch today.

OK, I understand where you're coming from now. So if Shadowcat is lynched and it doesn't affect Apocalypse, you're aware that that kinda sets you up to be the next one we try, right?
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Interesting that Bullzeye ignores Professor X and votes WITH White Queen.

You sure you have no idea how you were rezzed there, Bullzeye???
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Made it back!
Avalanche wrote:

Havok wrote: By process of elimination, I don't think anyone left is a brotherhood member. We can't lynch Apocalypse, so I think pursuing that would be a waste of time. The only think I have to vote on today is the idea that Apocalypse's win condition is tied to one of the remaining X-Men. I think Archangel fits that theory. I also think that voting for Spiral is a terrible idea. I'm honestly a little shocked that you want to lynch Spiral over Shadowcat. Literally the only thing that Shadowcat has done to show civvieness is the case on Exodus. That doesn't absolve her from being partnered with Apocalypse. I'm almost certain that Shadowcat is Archangel. Combine my theory with Shadowcat's recent thread behavior, and I feel pretty good about a Shadowcat lynch today.

OK, I understand where you're coming from now. So if Shadowcat is lynched and it doesn't affect Apocalypse, you're aware that that kinda sets you up to be the next one we try, right?
Yes, I realize that. I'm sort of doubting myself now after Bullzeye's recent actions. I feel like he might have been rezzed by Apocalypse.

So, yeah, I'm feeling like Avalanche right now. I have no idea what we should do today.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:Interesting that Bullzeye ignores Professor X and votes WITH White Queen.

You sure you have no idea how you were rezzed there, Bullzeye???
You seem very offended by my vote. It's not like it's going to count for anything. Yeah I have no idea why I was rezzed, I wasn't expecting to be. If I was planning on coming back I wouldn't have made a sarcastic comment congratulating the baddies.

Linki: Haha wow.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm not sure what's so shocking about me coming in super tired (Alton Towers all day) after a day that I was too busy to participate in and keeping my vote where I put it last time.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Yeah, your vote does worry me a great deal, Bullzeye. Did you not see Professor X's post? You've yet to acknowledge it.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Made it back!
Avalanche wrote:

Havok explained it.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Btw, seems Spiral was silenced today. Interested to see what he has to say when he gets back.

And I would still LOVE White Queen to answer my earlier question.

Linki: I hope really really badly that WQ didn't rez Bullz as you seem to be implying.

Linki Again: I don't think you or Havok did explain why lynching Shaw would kill somebody. I suppose I missed it, or it went over my head. Mind clarifying?
Management
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:Yeah, your vote does worry me a great deal, Bullzeye. Did you not see Professor X's post? You've yet to acknowledge it.
I saw it. Could have just been opinion, I have no way of knowing that. My vote literally does not matter, it could have been for myself and it'd make as much impact. You all know my role so you know I have no special voting power. I was last to vote and too tired to be here so I just stuck to what I've been feeling for a while. We don't even know the Apocalypse stuff is fact. It's convincing, but it's theoretical and I don't see where Shadowcat is connected to it tbh. So I didn't want to vote for her.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Why do you say that your vote doesn't matter?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote: Linki Again: I don't think you or Havok did explain why lynching Shaw would kill somebody. I suppose I missed it, or it went over my head. Mind clarifying?
Fine, if you are forcing me to be unsubtle. :P

I believe Shaw is Nightcrawler based on his lynch survive. That means if we lynch him, he will teleport and one of us will be lynched instead. I do not want it to be me, therefore I don't want to lynch Shaw.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Havok wrote:Why do you say that your vote doesn't matter?
Because I thought I was last to vote, but now notice Spiral still hasn't. In that situation, I couldn't affect the outcome of the lynch since Shadowcat had 2 more votes than anyone else.

Return to “Previous Jobs”