Re: [DAY 2] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE

Post by Kylemii »

i'll vote for a volunteer, BR
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Leamiteo »

Spacedaisy wrote:I love your avatar btw. Too cute!
Awe, thanks! I love your face! :biggrin:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Spacedaisy »

Leamiteo wrote:
"That's why I'm your friends." :hugs:

I am totally with you on that assessment Boomslang. I don't think voting blocks are really going to be that helpful in the long run. And a logistical nightmare. By it would be a nice place for Tyler to hide out. Blend in with a crowd, nothing they say or do would stand out.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Leamiteo wrote:Work is nut right now.
^

Sorry for missing 2 votes people. I hate missing votes. I wish I could say my participation is likely to go up now, but that'd be a lie. Work is insane at least through the weekend. I'll try to at least be voting and quickly posting thoughts, though.
Keterman wrote:Four players from this town moved to Wilmington, and the rest didn't vote. Interesting.

In the Wilmington thread it was brought up earlier that the eighth rule of Fight Club (if you are new to Fight Club, you must fight) could have influenced MovingPicture07's setup of this game. Therefore it was reasoned that those who switch towns must fight when they enter a town they haven't been in yet. At first I agreed with that reasoning, but now however I think the eighth rule would not apply to switching towns, but instead apply to being recruited to Project Mayhem. Could someone who has seen the film perhaps provide more educated speculation?
Keterman, do you mean you think that those recruited to Project Mayhem must fight the subsequent day?

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I can't think of anything that would indicate that. That's not to say it's impossible though. If it's true it'd provide pretty valuable info going forward (which may be a reason MP wouldn't do it, actually).
Boomslang wrote:Well, I just moved here as well. As I reminded the other thread, there's no reason as far as I can see to think of these city threads as teams. Everyone is a civ except for Tyler, and our goal is to find and kill him. Promoting city voting blocks or trying to keep information within cities just gets in the way of that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler has at least viewing privileges in all threads.
Yeah, this occurred to me too. I made me really suspicious of DH. Voting blocs are great for not dying, but generally bad practice for finding baddies. DH also volunteered to fight first, which makes me think he must be powerful. Someone likely to die would hardly be eager to hop in the ring. I would imagine Tyler Durden is powerful, since he appears to be a lone baddie at this stage. Just sayin'.

Keterman wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I'm going to put this out there, I will fight. I chickened out the first day but I need not play everything safe. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide.
Excellent, I have an opponent. I suggest everyone else split your votes between me and Black Rock.
I am down for this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by a2thezebra »

Russtifinko wrote:
Keterman wrote:Four players from this town moved to Wilmington, and the rest didn't vote. Interesting.

In the Wilmington thread it was brought up earlier that the eighth rule of Fight Club (if you are new to Fight Club, you must fight) could have influenced MovingPicture07's setup of this game. Therefore it was reasoned that those who switch towns must fight when they enter a town they haven't been in yet. At first I agreed with that reasoning, but now however I think the eighth rule would not apply to switching towns, but instead apply to being recruited to Project Mayhem. Could someone who has seen the film perhaps provide more educated speculation?
Keterman, do you mean you think that those recruited to Project Mayhem must fight the subsequent day?

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I can't think of anything that would indicate that. That's not to say it's impossible though. If it's true it'd provide pretty valuable info going forward (which may be a reason MP wouldn't do it, actually).
That's just the thing, I'm not sure myself. I imagine so, but you make a good point that if we could decode what MP has in store for us, it's less likely that would be the reality of the game. For now I'm just throwing ideas out there as to what this could all mean, because like (probably) everyone else here I have no idea if any of them are worth considering. I don't agree with your suspicions of DH. I don't know his play style, but I imagine curiosity overcomes the desire for safety with at least a few players here, myself included, and that being the first to want to fight doesn't necessarily imply power. I'm definitely not saying that that couldn't be the case, though, just that I think it's not enough to use the s-word.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

guys has anyone here participated in a fight yet? is there anything involved in it to decide who wins or is it just random?
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Russtifinko wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:Work is nut right now.
^

Sorry for missing 2 votes people. I hate missing votes. I wish I could say my participation is likely to go up now, but that'd be a lie. Work is insane at least through the weekend. I'll try to at least be voting and quickly posting thoughts, though.
I just now saw my typo, bahaha! *Nuts. Work is crazy busy. But here I am taking a mafia break. Shhhhhhhh....don't tell my boss. ;)

Also :hug: Russ! Do what you gotta, and we'll see ya in the thread when we see ya.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:
"That's why I'm your friends." :hugs:

I am totally with you on that assessment Boomslang. I don't think voting blocks are really going to be that helpful in the long run. And a logistical nightmare. By it would be a nice place for Tyler to hide out. Blend in with a crowd, nothing they say or do would stand out.
I tend to be suspicious of people who are in my opinion overly gung ho because that's the opposite of my play style, however I do appreciate people who put themselves out there since I tend to be cautious and sit back a bit in the beginning; I don't however usually act on these early though, I just keep an :eye: on them and add them to my watch list.

I know why big voting blocks sound appealing in the beginning, but at some point trust is going to become a real problem with project mayhem in full swing. Every man for himself is pretty much the mafia way after all. :D My former New Castle buddies over in whatever city they moved to are probably suspicious of me for not moving with them. I don't think I would have moved even if I hadn't slept through the vote. Anywho, I'm rambling and should get back to work. Bye for now! I PROMISE to vote today. I'm thinking of voting for the volunteering BR to see what happens. I'm still feeling out the mechanics of this game and curious about what will happen as we move forward!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

We have 4-5 hours until the vote ends, so hopefully out of this big crop of players, we'll get some more participation. I know it's just an insane time for everyone (I should be packing right now!) I'm okay with voting blocs for now, but I agree that those tentative alliances will crumble with the slightest bit of pressure. I'll volunteer as soon as I'm in a pool again.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ok, voting BR to fight and I second Kyle's curiosity on how the fights are determined. Maybe Kate will have an answer when she recovers.

I agree that the voting blocks will begin to crumble within a few days and as of right now we dont know if there even are any lynches to control either. mostly people seem happy to volunteer to fight, but maybe that will change. Are people here generally feeling an 'each man for himself' playstyle?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have fought but I am not at liberty to share anything that I know as per the host's direct instruction.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Also, I am voting for Keterman since he volunteered first.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone, I will be busy tonight, so the post and new time will be pushed back at least a few hours, sorry for the delay!
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

Spacedaisy wrote:Also, I am voting for Keterman since he volunteered first.
Oh. Indeed he did. I am doing the same. *votes*
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I voted for myself to keep things even.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Black Rock wrote:I voted for myself to keep things even.
I look forward to us, in combat.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Keterman wrote:

Be gentle.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Black Rock wrote:
Keterman wrote:

Be gentle.
I'll try, but I can't make any promises.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 2

Who should fight?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:41:49 pm

Black Rock
Mongoose (3), Kylemii (4), Hedgeowl (8), Black Rock (11) 36%

Boomslang
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

johns2jj
No votes

Keterman
Keterman (2), Russtifinko (6), Spacedaisy (9), Leamiteo (10) 36%

Kylemii
No votes

Leamiteo
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

Everyone!! (host, injured)
MovingPictures07 (1), Kate (5), johns2jj (7) 27%
Total votes : 11
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2: Black Rock v. Keterman

The winner of this fight is to be determined.

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to decide what you will do.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Keterman wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:

That's just the thing, I'm not sure myself. I imagine so, but you make a good point that if we could decode what MP has in store for us, it's less likely that would be the reality of the game. For now I'm just throwing ideas out there as to what this could all mean, because like (probably) everyone else here I have no idea if any of them are worth considering. I don't agree with your suspicions of DH. I don't know his play style, but I imagine curiosity overcomes the desire for safety with at least a few players here, myself included, and that being the first to want to fight doesn't necessarily imply power. I'm definitely not saying that that couldn't be the case, though, just that I think it's not enough to use the s-word.
I do appreciate you throwing ideas out. I will keep your thoughts on DH in mind; it's a good point, and I think of DH as a very adventurous player, which fits your read.
Leamiteo wrote: :D My former New Castle buddies over in whatever city they moved to are probably suspicious of me for not moving with them. I don't think I would have moved even if I hadn't slept through the vote.
They're probably suspicious of me, too. I dunno if I'd have moved or not. I think checking out a new city would be nice, so I'll probably move tonight.
Mongoose wrote:We have 4-5 hours until the vote ends, so hopefully out of this big crop of players, we'll get some more participation. I know it's just an insane time for everyone (I should be packing right now!) I'm okay with voting blocs for now, but I agree that those tentative alliances will crumble with the slightest bit of pressure. I'll volunteer as soon as I'm in a pool again.
Down with blocs! Do you have an alternative long-term strategy?

So far it seems as far as anyone (myself included) has gotten is to vote for volunteers to fight and wait either for something good to happen or to be recruited to Project Mayhem. I feel like there's gotta be a better way to suss out Durden, but I'm stumped right now as to what it is.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: [NIGHT 2] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah, I'm going to New Jersey. Why not?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:Yeah, I'm going to New Jersey. Why not?
Noooo. I chose Wilmington.

"Delaware. We're in Delaware?"

I have no better strategy, to answer your question two posts up. Imma just vote in whatever round-the-hound manner that makes any lick of sense to me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I'm actually really confused about how this game is supposed to work....

so tyler durden is the recruiter for the mafia which is called "project mayhem" right? the three green colored roles are the civvie roles by the traditional definition of the word, right? meanwhile actual civilians win if they just survive to the end of the game without dying or being recruited to the project mayhem. 2 of the 3 non civvie, non-mafia roles are the narrator and marla singer who cannot be recruited to PM, and apparently win together when tyler durden is dead. Then the 3rd role is "policemen" which there seems to be multiple of. all policemen have btsc together and choose players to kill if they are PM, but it seems to be possible that some of them may end up recruited.

Meanwhile we are having fights instead of lynches. it's too early to tell but it doesn't seem like fights are an effective way of lynching, which puts a much greater level of importance on the work of the policemen since they seem to be the main source of PM eradication, at least for now

am i generally understanding everything so far?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This is how I imagine MovingPictures07 sees Fight Club in his evil, Mabuse-like mind.

There are no guarantees for anything. I think you've got it right but I'm not placing any bets.
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Leamiteo »

FRIIIIIDAAAYYYYY! This lady is super happy the week is over.

I'm going to check out Deleware City, DE for the fish.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

NIGHT 2

What will you do?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:01:45 pm

Check out the fight club in Delaware City, DE
Black Rock (2), Leamiteo (10) 18%

Check out the fight club in Wilmington, DE
Mongoose (4), Keterman (6), Hedgeowl (7), Kylemii (8), Boomslang (9) 45%

Check out the fight club in Penns Grove, NJ
Russtifinko (3), johns2jj (5) 18%

Stay here!
Spacedaisy (11) 9%

Nothing! (host, injured)
MovingPictures07 (1) 9%
Total votes : 11
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 2

Black Rock has won the fight. Keterman has not been seriously injured.

Players have exited and entered the fight club.

It is now Day 3. You have 40 hours to decide who will fight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 3] Fight Club Mafia - New Castle, DE

Post by Tangrowth »

NOTE:

I'll be putting up the poll around 3:30PM EST tomorrow and it will last 24 hours from then, giving you about 40 hours overall in this period instead of the normal 48. I needed to get the time back earlier in the day.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3: Event

The citizens of Delaware and New Jersey were shocked.

A man by the name of DisgruntledPorcupine was killed in a "fight club" last night in Delaware City. People were outraged. The police went into panic mode. Now they really wanted to catch this Tyler Durden fellow and the members of the so-called "Project Mayhem".

"I think it's about time we hired a private investigator", mused the police chief. The others agreed.

It is still Day 3. You have a bit less than 40 hours to apply for the private investigator position!! Only civilians may qualify.

To apply, PM me with all the reasons you feel you are best qualified for the position.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Hi guys :)
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Ooooh new town. Yikes about DP...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by timmer »

'sup, nubs?
My siggie.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

So daisy and Kate were already here right? And the rest of us were in Wilmington last I think....

Who is going to fight today?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'd be willing to fight someone who hasnt yet had a fight. Ive fought once and lost, so far so I would make a good match for any level 1 peeps. Lemme know!
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You have 24 hours from now to cast your vote.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hi all!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I kicked bullz ass last night so I guess I'll sit it out tonight.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quiet room...
My siggie.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Yeah, new castle sucks. I'm definitely leaving this place tonight.

I'll vote for you to fight if you want Timmer. Or do you want to wait and see who the other fighter is first?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

let's see who chirps up before we vote. I know SpaCedaisy has fought because she's the one who beat my ass last time lol...
My siggie.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I didn't volunteer because we had a match once already. But I am willing if no one else wants to.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I haven't fought yet and would be willing to do so! I tried to vote myself back in Wilmington, but no dice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

And wow, we are a VERY small group this time around :huh:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Well, I'll fight you if no one else minds?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

No matter what, if you haven't fought yet, you should, niju, so I voted for ya!
My siggie.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I votes for you too Timmer since you volunteered first. So you vs Blooper is fine with me. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Ok... Voted for you Timmer.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yay! Self-voting to keep it even :)
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Well, good luck niju! Looks like it's likely us!
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Jobs”