Moderator: Community Team

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Black Rock »

Bullzeye wrote:
unfurl wrote:
Black Rock wrote: I don't know if I missed this but Unfurl, do you know why you were able to kill DP in your fight? I wish I knew how the fights were designed but our dear host will not enlighten me.
Nope, not idea why he was killed, as my started level was 1
All I did was give my best at fighting, people who fought probably can have an idea about the thing, we can not talk about :p

I had a theory that perhaps in even days one of the loser people were gonna die as DP died Night 2, but no one died at Night 4 and instead we merged,
so my paranoic theory was wrong
There doesn't seem to be much pattern between people being injured or not injured, so maybe there was a random chance of either injury or death in every fight and DP just got really unlucky?
Yeah, I thought that might be the case. The host has been cagey with questions so I thought maybe he might have explained something to Unfurl about it. I think I fought the same night as Unfurl, I guess her submission was powerful. ;)
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Question to all who fought a fight - did you receive a PM after the fight was over?
;)
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote:Question to all who fought a fight - did you receive a PM after the fight was over?
Yes. It either said you won and your fighting level went up, or you lost and whether or not you'd been injured. I can't remember if it told me Dom was hurt when I beat him.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

So Bullz when you lost you received a PM?

The answer will lead me to my vote.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I really don't like to butt in and clarify when unnecessary, but right now I feel is one of the few rare moments where I need to, only because I was mistakenly inconsistent:

All fighters should have received PMs saying they won or lost after the fight was over. Apparently, on one night I messed this up and thought I sent a PM and I'm thinking I left out a few people. Additionally, I didn't send PMs for the most recent fight phase either since the game nature changed after that.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Yeah, I got told I was seriously injured and couldn't post or vote until the next day.

Linki: What he said. Except I did get a PM after my winning fight.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright, I have to leave for work 5 minutes ago. Voting for Bullz because I feel more confident about him than Timmer (what with the possible DH connection and all), and it's the best I have to go on right now.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Well since Alex clarified idk if it matters anymore bc now people will just say "oh it must of been when Alex messed up"

keterman however my eyes are watching you since you are the only one I have seen say they did not get a PM.

Seems funny suddenly alex making this clarification - timing is everything isn't it?
;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Post by thellama73 »

I got a PM when I won, Rox, and it told me Long Con had been seriously injured.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I think it's ironic that I'm getting bandwagoned because I'm supposedly a recruit when I'd been really hoping to get recruited and never did.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Look, I can't be any clearer -- there is absolutely NO meaning to whether people may or may not have gotten a PM after a fight. Everyone should have. Regardless of alignment and regardless of whether they won or lost or whatever. If they did not, it's my fault, though nearly everyone should have received one. The only affected parties should be those who were not seriously injured and lost, and only on one particular night. The PMs specified whether the player won or lost, if they seriously injured, killed, or did not injure their opponent, and whether they won any fighting skill levels (losers did not ever gain fighting skill levels).

It says absolutely nothing about the alignment of any player who may or may not have gotten a PM or not. It was clearly my oversight because I overloaded myself with too many things to track in the first part of this game while I'm trying to get ready to move.

This should not be an issue to be discussed merely because I failed to send a PM to someone when I should have. It would also not be in anyone's best interest to lie about not receiving a PM because there is nothing of substance in a non-injured loser PM (and hence why I might have failed to send these out, since they only would have said "you lost and were not injured").
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:I think it's ironic that I'm getting bandwagoned because I'm supposedly a recruit when I'd been really hoping to get recruited and never did.
Maybe you'll get recruited tomorrow! Hope springs eternal.

If you do, be sure to let us know though, okay?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Look, I can't be any clearer -- there is absolutely NO meaning to whether people may or may not have gotten a PM after a fight. Everyone should have. Regardless of alignment and regardless of whether they won or lost or whatever. If they did not, it's my fault, though nearly everyone should have received one. The only affected parties should be those who were not seriously injured and lost, and only on one particular night. The PMs specified whether the player won or lost, if they seriously injured, killed, or did not injure their opponent, and whether they won any fighting skill levels (losers did not ever gain fighting skill levels).

It says absolutely nothing about the alignment of any player who may or may not have gotten a PM or not. It was clearly my oversight because I overloaded myself with too many things to track in the first part of this game while I'm trying to get ready to move.

This should not be an issue to be discussed merely because I failed to send a PM to someone when I should have. It would also not be in anyone's best interest to lie about not receiving a PM because there is nothing of substance in a non-injured loser PM (and hence why I might have failed to send these out, since they only would have said "you lost and were not injured").
So what you're saying is, if someone didn't get a PM, they are definitely a recruit? Got it. :llama:

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

No need for further clarification for me - I understood the first time you posted. Its just that I thought I was onto something and it turns out I am not. so we move on. :)

I am, however, allowed to be disappointed and still discuss what I want to. <3
;)
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I think it's ironic that I'm getting bandwagoned because I'm supposedly a recruit when I'd been really hoping to get recruited and never did.
Maybe you'll get recruited tomorrow! Hope springs eternal.

If you do, be sure to let us know though, okay?
I have four votes already and 75% of the people who voted for me never actually made any contribution to a case against me. Dom is injured (and always suspects me anyway) so he has an excuse but the others are clearly just jumping onto what's easy. I'm clearly today's bandwagon of choice. That said, if I miraculously survive then I promise I'll tell you whether or not I get recruited.

While I'm here let me just summarise the "connection" between DH and I:

I agreed with something he said before he could ever have been recruited.
He made two non-commital posts in support of me fighting on day two then didn't even vote for me - this is him helping me.
I felt that something he'd said was misrepresented and said so twice when it no longer really mattered - this constitutes me defending him.

I encourage people to think for themselves and do their own reading rather than just latching on to poorly made cases from others.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm voting for johns2jj. I've got my eye on Bullzeye but he's defending himself pretty well in my opinion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Knowing Alex, it wouldn't surprise me for him to post a "clarification" just to mislead and confuse us further.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Roxy wrote:Well since Alex clarified idk if it matters anymore bc now people will just say "oh it must of been when Alex messed up"

keterman however my eyes are watching you since you are the only one I have seen say they did not get a PM.

Seems funny suddenly alex making this clarification - timing is everything isn't it?
That's what you must have meant. I received a PM stating that I won the fight, my fighting level went up, and that Keterman was not seriously injured. I felt it strange that Keterman did not receive a PM at the time but then the host apologized if he did not receive a PM so I put it out of my mind.
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Look, I can't be any clearer -- there is absolutely NO meaning to whether people may or may not have gotten a PM after a fight. Everyone should have. Regardless of alignment and regardless of whether they won or lost or whatever. If they did not, it's my fault, though nearly everyone should have received one. The only affected parties should be those who were not seriously injured and lost, and only on one particular night. The PMs specified whether the player won or lost, if they seriously injured, killed, or did not injure their opponent, and whether they won any fighting skill levels (losers did not ever gain fighting skill levels).

So what you're saying is, if someone didn't get a PM, they are definitely a recruit? Got it. :llama:
Of all the funny things you've said this game, this one made me spit coffee on the monitor. Thanks for that llama.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Always happy to be of service, Bea! I am very interested to see how the rest of this lynch plays out. I think we will learn a lot from it.

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I was thinking of voting bullz yesterday, but his responses since then are making me second guess that. I'm concerned that the day that DH was propping him up, he didn't end up voting for bullz but for sorsha.

I have roughly an hour and a half to decide before I need to vote. (Yay! Work. :()

If not bullz, I'm leaning maybe for johns and kyle. Of the people who have already voted, their votes feel most flyby-ish/less genuine than the others.

Ditto that llama. This is feeling very needle in the haystacky.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100

Post by S~V~S »

I think Bullz sounds pretty genuine. He's a good talker, but better IMO in chatting someone up into trusting him than he is talking his way out of a corner.

I am going to finish rereading Wilmington, I am home for the evening, with the exception of chores & dinner, I have a free night, so i don't have to vote this early. I think Unfurl is right, even though we had days of interaction, and a dead baddie and a dead civvie, it still has a "Day One" feel.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101

Post by timmer »

Roxy wrote:Well since Alex clarified idk if it matters anymore bc now people will just say "oh it must of been when Alex messed up"

For the record, I didn't get a PM the night I lost to spacedaisy. I had to ask if I had won or lost. Not that it matters now, but just toclear up that he wasn't the only one.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, I did get one the night I lost to INH.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Canucklehead »

I think the bullz bandwagon is weird, even for a Day-5-that-is-basically-Day-1 lynch. I absolutely do not get the case against him, and I will vote for someone who has voted for bullz because I have to vote now and that's the most wacky thing to me.
I'm going to vote for kylemi because he was first to jump on the bandwagon, without providing anything convincing (though that may be because he is insanified??).....so, yeah. I don't feel strongly about this vote, but I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway. :shrug:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Why does everyone keep saying bandwagon? Bullz has four votes. Nev has three. I have two and so does John. There are still something like 20 votes to come in , and literally one could tip the balance. But of an overreaction, don't you think?

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Boomslang »

Although I've been pushing the "original cities don't mean anything" thing a bit, and some of Bullz's posts suggest that mentality, I don't think the case is as clear as it's being made to be. Been reading and still nothing sticks out... I hate to do it, but I'm randomizing. Wait to get some more info, especially in as big a game as this. So, my apologies to Metalmarsh89.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:Why does everyone keep saying bandwagon? Bullz has four votes. Nev has three. I have two and so does John. There are still something like 20 votes to come in , and literally one could tip the balance. But of an overreaction, don't you think?
Half the votes on me come from people latching onto arguments made by others without adding anything themselves. People are acting like a few minor comments mean I'm blatantly attached at the hip to a proven baddie. I call that bandwagon behaviour.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Bullz has a point, here. In many ways this is like a Day 1, and the points I brought up about him and DH, while I feel they could be valid, aren't exactly concrete, so for people to jump on that blindly is very poor.

I'm going to look at things a bit differently now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do we even know when DH was recruited? I've been thinking that it was night 1 when he fought, but who's to say it wasn't night 2, or 3? Everything I pointed out about Bullz is irrelevant if DH wasn't yet recruited.

So let me point something else out, that I just found that feels pingy... gimme a sec to put it together, the lack of quoting sucks.
My siggie.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

timmer wrote:Bullz has a point, here. In many ways this is like a Day 1, and the points I brought up about him and DH, while I feel they could be valid, aren't exactly concrete, so for people to jump on that blindly is very poor.

I'm going to look at things a bit differently now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do we even know when DH was recruited? I've been thinking that it was night 1 when he fought, but who's to say it wasn't night 2, or 3? Everything I pointed out about Bullz is irrelevant if DH wasn't yet recruited.

So let me point something else out, that I just found that feels pingy... gimme a sec to put it together, the lack of quoting sucks.
I think he might have been recruited night one. If you look at his posts on day 2 he was kind of cagey about the process of the fights. Boogs and BWT were honest and said everything that happened while DH at first claimed he was just told he won and nothing more. It was only later that he admitted to being told his fighting skill had gone up and he'd seriously injured Kate. My thinking is he was trying to keep quiet that he'd gotten stronger for some reason and I don't see why a civ would.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sorsha wrote:
Wilmington

Day 1 Spaghetti vs Boogs*

Penns Grove
Day 2 Spaghetti* vs FH
While several people, including me, have fought twice, no one seems to have fought twice as FAST as Spaghetti.

So Day 1, in Wilmington, Spaghetti fought boots and lost.

Spaghetti transferred over to Penns Grove.

Remember, the results of fights are announced publicly in the fight club where they happened, so Spaghetti transfers to Penns Grove, and no one there should know anything unless Spaghetti tells them about it.

The VERY FIRST POST OF DAY 2 in Penns Grove is Vompatti saying "I don't know about the rest of you, but I really want to see a fight with spaghetti everywhere." Vompatti votes for Spaghetti.

Then Elohcin randomizes and gets Spaghetti right after that. MetalMarsh then votes for FH who is essentially an absent player.

Spaghetti says NOTHING. But then wins the fight.

MetalMarsh, Vompatti, Elohcin and Spaghetti then all stay put that night.

It's hard to put a finger on which of these players stinks like a manipulator, but I find it very odd that Spaghetti fought twice in two days, and the second opponent happened to be an absent player, and how there was NO conversation about it. For those who have fought, you know there are challenges in the fight process to help you somehow win, right? So so conveniently being handed an opponent who likely who fail the contest seems... fishy.

Anyway, I am now looking harder into this group of people. the Spaghetti Incident requires more thought.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Bullzeye wrote:
timmer wrote:Bullz has a point, here. In many ways this is like a Day 1, and the points I brought up about him and DH, while I feel they could be valid, aren't exactly concrete, so for people to jump on that blindly is very poor.

I think he might have been recruited night one. If you look at his posts on day 2 he was kind of cagey about the process of the fights. Boogs and BWT were honest and said everything that happened while DH at first claimed he was just told he won and nothing more. It was only later that he admitted to being told his fighting skill had gone up and he'd seriously injured Kate. My thinking is he was trying to keep quiet that he'd gotten stronger for some reason and I don't see why a civ would.
Oh, I'm not saying he wasn't recruited then. Only that basing heroes on other players (namely yourself) using DH as a night 1 recruit as an establishing fact is dangerous since we don't actually know when he was recruited.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Timmer - that's an interesting point about sgettie.

I'm thowing my vote on john today. I know it's not much, but his vote feels the weakest atm. Gotta get to work now.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Okay, continuing my read of Penns Grove.

So Vompatti, who has been his normal obscure self, continues to be an interesting person here.

Day 3, DH shows up, throws his shit around and makes sure everyone knows he wants to fight. But then he says:

"Vomps wants to fight, so I will let him do that."

Only there is no post AT ALL where Vompatti said he wanted to fight. None. Please read Penns Grove and tell me where I'm wrong.

Also, Alex mentioned that the puzzle in his siggie hadn't yet been solved and said people could suggest a letter.

Vompatti said: "I request the letter 'D'."

That's VERY unlike Vompatti to be so suddenly on-topic and direct.

I think I just talked myself into thinking Vompatti is bad.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DH handing Vompatti a vote to fight that he didn't ask for + Vomps initiating Spaghetti's second fight + Vomps asking directly for a letter in the siggie contest which is very unlike him... = votes Vompatti
My siggie.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

bea wrote:Timmer - that's an interesting point about sgettie.

I'm thowing my vote on john today. I know it's not much, but his vote feels the weakest atm. Gotta get to work now.
I hadn't even realised JJ was playing, let alone had voted. I just looked him up and yes his vote looks very weak, I actually missed his explanation on my first read through his posts.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Randomized Ace.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Randomized Ace.
No opinion on anything anyone has said? My thoughts on Vompatti? Spaghetti? Bullz? Various others?
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

i voted my friend Bea today. I chose the first person on the list who did not have a vote. My reasoning for doing so is, I don't think any of the cases on people are very strong.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

In hope of saving myself, and because of his very weak vote, I'm going to have to vote JJ.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

By which I of course mean johns2jj, who I've always referred to as JJ, rather than JJLehto. Just realised after casting my vote that there are two people who 'JJ' could possibly be referring to!
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Leamiteo »

OK, phew, I just read/skimmed this thread but haven't touched the other threads. My weekend is quiet from here on out so I'll have time to catch up.

Below I have my two cents from what I've seen (minimal, but there was a LOT of content covered, so please bear with me as I catch up).
bea wrote:tbh - in the day 2 stuff - I was shocked when I went to DH's city and he was sooo advocating the day 1 move or stay as a group vote stratagy. IT just didn't work out for him. Then day 2 happened and you and he came into Wilmington and It was all of a sudden llama was a zenophobe for expressing the same sentements DH had expressed in his home thread (admittedly - he said them nicer than llama did. llama is wabbity that way)
I didn't move...I didn't have a good gut feeling about how gung-ho DH was.
Sorsha wrote:I am also putting forth my crazy theory that the recruits are chosen from the winners each night. So night one boogs, bwt, DH or daisy would have been the choices that Tyler had for project Mayhem. Night 2 would be Sorsha, unfurl, BR or Spaghetti. Night three llama, inh, timmer or johns and night 4 bullz, nev, bea or lea.
This could be, but I won and was not recruited. My opponent also was not injured; perhaps this weighs into the equation? Or maybe there is a certain % of a chance you are successfully recruited if you win. But then wouldn't it be easy to track recruits? I would assume MP has a better method. Also linki linki linki.
Bullzeye wrote:I'm going to be seriously annoyed if I get lynched today over nothing. There's no connection between me and DH. I just disagreed with certain people's views on something he said, that isn't me defending him that's me having opinions. If I didn't obviously need to hold onto my vote in hope of saving myself I'd vote Kyle because his vote for me essentially says "I'm jumping onto a bandwagon, pretending to agree with it, and excusing myself from accountability when Bullz inevitably flips civ".

Linki: I didn't follow him the second time, I followed most people who were moving. He didn't try to help me at all, you're really exaggerating. All he did was say he wanted to vote for me. He didn't encourage, pressure, threaten, bribe, or seduce anyone else into voting for me. He just did it himself. So did others, maybe they're all my evil teammates then.
To me, this seems genuine. I think the odds of Bullz flipping bad are low at this point, and would recruits even know who the other recruits were in order to defend them?

I'm super excited about this phase of the game! :lorab:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I thought you voted early since you would not be back when the poll ended.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

S~V~S wrote:I thought you voted early since you would not be back when the poll ended.
:ponder:
My siggie.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Sorsha »

timmer wrote:Okay, continuing my read of Penns Grove.

So Vompatti, who has been his normal obscure self, continues to be an interesting person here.

Day 3, DH shows up, throws his shit around and makes sure everyone knows he wants to fight. But then he says:

"Vomps wants to fight, so I will let him do that."

Only there is no post AT ALL where Vompatti said he wanted to fight. None. Please read Penns Grove and tell me where I'm wrong.

Also, Alex mentioned that the puzzle in his siggie hadn't yet been solved and said people could suggest a letter.

Vompatti said: "I request the letter 'D'."

That's VERY unlike Vompatti to be so suddenly on-topic and direct.

I think I just talked myself into thinking Vompatti is bad.
Vomps had voted for himself in the poll which is where I think DH got the idea that vomps wanted to fight. There were 2 or 3 other players who had voted for themselves too, no explanation why DH chose vomps over them though.

I might vote for vomps as well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Iunno wtf I am doing. Or who I am gonna vote for.

I agree Bullz responses left me feeling better about him. While he is not clear for me whether he is good or bad I do think he answered my suspicion sufficiently.

Timmers thoughts are interesting and I am going to try and read it I am on the surface more interested in the fact the spaghetti pushed quickly to fight twice.

Weird that keterman didn't say one word about my previous train of thought even though I said I was watching him. Prob my post meant nothing to him I just thought it odd he said nothing.
;)
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Rox, technically Spaghetti didn't push a second time. The instant Spaghetti's fight was over Vomps voted for him and Elohcin "randomed" Spaghetti right after. Basically, without posting a word, Spaghetti was in the lead to have his second fight within 4 posts or so of the second day starting. And then he was arbitrarily handed an absent opponent which meant he was likely a shoo-in to win the night's contest.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Between that and Vomp's being the one to ask for a letter in Alex's siggie contest, it just feels like Vompatti is swinging from his usual gibberish posts and then suddenly influencing the game directly. That, plus DH voting for him to fight the way he did. It just smells pingy to me.
My siggie.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I do not remember ever seeing vomps post more than 3 words at a time in a game.
And yes his was the very first post after the Host post went up. It is odd no doubt but vomps is odd when he plays. he often does things forno other reason than that is how he plays. Since forever. He is an easy mark but that does notmean he cant be bad.

Need to think moar
;)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Spacedaisy »

I feel that timmer's case against Vomps/Spaghetti is the most compelling so I am going to vote for Vomps.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”