33%

Total votes: 12
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 6]

Post by Turnip Head »

Lorab must have won the original bidding for Electric Company. It's odd, then, that she didn't step in and say something when Boogs and I were calling each other liars over this matter... I'm worried she's a railroad who was relishing the mayhem.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ninjablooper is online and hasn't posted in two weeks. I wonder if she'll grace us with her presence.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:What does everyone think of Keys? MP and Zeek are getting flak for being quieter than usual... Keys barely even seems like he's here. I can't remember the last time he posted, nor can I remember any of his contributions beyond the union idea he had on Day 1.

If the reds lost one of their monopoly members to an NK, would the remaining two be forced to sell their houses?
I'm beginning to wonder about him. His earlier actions reminded me of his civvie game. But, I'm getting worried he might be WW. He has missed sending in a kill once before when I have hosted him. (similar partner scenario and this level of disinterest) I cannot figure why he would have desperately tried to outbid me for that ability the other night when he hasn't even been playing.
I think he voted LC over bwt as well.

I don't know though. it's really hard to get an accurate read with all these people not even playing.
Gro-oo-ovy
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 51

Post by zeek »

What the hell? Want to explain how I'm "clearly" MP's partner? :confused: That's both a random and sudden conclusion to come to based on him saying he thinks I'm civ. How would that make me a Red anyway?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

Failing a Turnip Head lynch, I would be down with lynching MP. He's being annoying and I suspect he has impure motives due his dogged pursuit of a plainly false theory.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:He's being annoying and I suspect he has impure motives due his dogged pursuit of a plainly false theory.

Funny, this is how I'm starting to feel about you :P

I don't see a case on MP yet, just bold accusations with nothing to back them up. He could be a red or a light blue but I have no reason to think that he is. He seems genuine and I don't get the feeling he's hiding anything. I should say I'm historically bad at reading him, but his play doesn't remind me of his baddie game at all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

TH, I really don't know about Keys. He could be WW, but he could be anything. I wish he'd come back and contribute.

Also, good point about LoRab. What do players think of her?

LC, as far as I'm aware, you and Llama are the only two that have been crusading that I don't seem like my civvie self, even if S~V~S has noted a semblance of it as well. And you both started doing it pretty much entirely because of my case on both of you. I already addressed it here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 497#p98497, why you're wrong and that I've done many of these things before as a civvie, but you do not reconsider.

Llama, your posts are so ironic. You cling to your TH case in such a way that I cling to mine about you and LC, but you're willing to vote for me because I'm "being annoying". How does my clinging to something I really believe is true makes me bad but not you?

LC and Llama's actions time and time again convince me that they're not acting in the civvies' best interests. They NO U me, Llama is willing to lynch just about anyone that isn't him or LC, and their posts have been full of behavior that fails to satisfy me as genuine.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, I want to actually find a railroad, and no one has said whether they've investigated Hedge's posts, and I don't remember anyone saying they did (but I skimmed a lot, so correct me if someone did), so I'm going to see if I can find time tonight to look at them. Until then, I'll be busy.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama, your posts are so ironic. You cling to your TH case in such a way that I cling to mine about you and LC, but you're willing to vote for me because I'm "being annoying". How does my clinging to something I really believe is true makes me bad but not you?
It doesn't make you bad, the role boo assigned you makes you bad. Just like the role boo assigned me makes me good. If I were bad, I would never have killed my good friend Rob, so thta rules me out for Reading Railroad, anyway. And I still have not found my partners because no one will check me. :mad:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Look, let's just lynch TH today, and if I am wrong about him, then we can revisit this whole "oh llama is on a team with LC" business. But I am not wrong.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You ARE wrong, Llama. Your stubbornness is astounding.

If I'm lynched today and flip civ, will you agree to be lynched next? Go down with the ship so to speak.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:You ARE wrong, Llama. Your stubbornness is astounding.

If I'm lynched today and flip civ, will you agree to be lynched next? Go down with the ship so to speak.
Why would anyone in a mafia game "agree to be lynched" unless a) they had a lynch block or switch power, b) they knew they had a resurrection coming or c) they knew if you strike me down I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine. I have none of those things, so no, I agree to nothing.

Come on, TH, think it through.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I just want you to put your money where your mouth is. You've claimed more than once in past games that you don't know how to read me at all. Yet this game you've been calling for my lynch and regurgitating your Night 3 case against me (which I've refuted time and time again and yet you refuse to engage in an actual debate over the merits of that case). What will you do when you're wrong about me?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:What will you do when you're wrong about me?
The same thing I will do when pigs fly and when Hell freezes over.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:What does everyone think of Keys? MP and Zeek are getting flak for being quieter than usual... Keys barely even seems like he's here. I can't remember the last time he posted, nor can I remember any of his contributions beyond the union idea he had on Day 1.

If the reds lost one of their monopoly members to an NK, would the remaining two be forced to sell their houses?
I don't know what to think of keys TH. In Dr. Who he posted regularly and made decent sized posts that contributed to the game. Here, ever since the union idea, he's posted a couple of times but not near to the activity level I saw in who. That's surprising to me and makes me wonder if he's laying low because he's bad - or maybe even LMS. I'm planning on re-reading a lot today and I'll add his posts to the others.

Also, I'm totally confused about what happens when one of the partners dies and their are houses on the property. Sorry TH.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Is it just coincidence that MP became more active (or rather returned more to his usual self) after Rob was NK'd? Also, MP said he is certain that llama and LC are teammates, but is suddenly hell-bent on finding another RR, yet not interested in finding the other utility.

Today has turned into a llama and LC vs. MP and zeek battle.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Also, I'm totally confused about what happens when one of the partners dies and their are houses on the property. Sorry TH.
I'd also like more information on this.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Today has turned into a llama and LC vs. MP and zeek battle.
How has it turned into this? :ponder: No mention of TH, yet llama wants him lynched and has said nothing about me. I still don't get why I'm being associated with MP either.

My concern over LC is based on him definitely having found one partner and houses present on the board. I'd still rather find a Mafia and I don't see those three as baddies.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

zeek wrote:
How has it turned into this? :ponder: No mention of TH, yet llama wants him lynched and has said nothing about me. I still don't get why I'm being associated with MP either.

My concern over LC is based on him definitely having found one partner and houses present on the board. I'd still rather find a Mafia and I don't see those three as baddies.
I have nothing against you, zeek. You seem all right to me.

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Who do you suspect, other than TH?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:

I guess I should clarify. It's an LC vs. MP battle, and LC thinks you're on MP's team while MP think's llama is on LC's team. I haven't yet looked into where these conclusions came from.

Since Illinois made $1500 in the last two turns, imagine if he/she lays it all on the Captain Planet power (which would probably guarantee him that power), allowing that person's team to gain access to another team, expanding their LMS. I think that LC is one of the baby blues. I'm also now considering MP as WW. It seemed convenient for him to state his interest i searching for another railroad, while he dropped the work on us to look through Hedge's posts.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If we're talking railroad suspects, Lorab is on my short list of players who might have NKed Epi last night. The only thing I remember from Lorab is her prolonged spat with Epi at the beginning of the game. I think he was an odd choice for NK directly after he led the charge against Boogs and the fact that he didn't have much cash and hadn't won any properties or powers.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Well I agree LC is probably a Light Blue. His post about the Reds auctioning houses and how those on the first half of the board wouldn't buy them, as him being a first half property. Other than worrying over him possibly already having houses, I'm not against LC, so I don't want to be drawn into sides.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Btw guys, Hedgeowl isn't a long read. He likes Epi's theories on Boogs and doesn't like MP's theories on llama and LC. Thats pretty much it.
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hannah, any suspects at all? :eye:
It's Hanna :) and my suspects are mostly based on who I don't suspect if that makes sense:

zeek wrote: My concern over LC is based on him definitely having found one partner and houses present on the board. I'd still rather find a Mafia and I don't see those three as baddies.
This. Although I disagree with the fact that I want to lynch a Mafia today because I don't know where to look. I find neither the case against TH or MP very convincing and sure we can look at a low-poster but then what do we do: just randomly pick one and hope we get lucky?
MovingPictures07 wrote: LC and Llama's actions time and time again convince me that they're not acting in the civvies' best interests. They NO U me, Llama is willing to lynch just about anyone that isn't him or LC, and their posts have been full of behavior that fails to satisfy me as genuine.
The only solid reasoning I have right now is that I find the case against LC convincing that he is very likely to be part of a LMS group and as a sole civvie, this is worrying me the most right now, but hey if someone has a really solid case against a player being mafia I am all ears
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

zeek wrote:Who do you suspect, other than TH?
My gut is telling me nasty, secret things about MP these days. Other than that, I'm not sure. I've been fairly absent the past few days and need to reread people.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I can tell a bit of looking at me might be happening, and I want to reaffirm: I am not one of the red group. I am not a baddie of any type. I have found one teammate. Not Llama.

The red group and the baddie folk are the threat here. I am not who you need to be lynching if the Civvie team will have a chance. We need to plug the flow of money that the red group have been enjoying and we need to end NK folk.

Don't lynch me only for winning a prize. That didn't change, don't play that way, I implore you.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:I can tell a bit of looking at me might be happening, and I want to reaffirm: I am not one of the red group. I am not a baddie of any type. I have found one teammate. Not Llama.

The red group and the baddie folk are the threat here. I am not who you need to be lynching if the Civvie team will have a chance. We need to plug the flow of money that the red group have been enjoying and we need to end NK folk.

Don't lynch me only for winning a prize. That didn't change, don't play that way, I implore you.
LC, who are you voting for today?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't really get the notion that voting a low-talker will be happening today, although I do think it likely that WW could be one of them.

Your TH thing, worth looking at. It would not faze me if he were a baddie, in part due to the theory that I put forth about him on Day One.

Maybe the RR can NK a few of the lower-participating people, to the benefit of all. :)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote: Maybe the RR can NK a few of the lower-participating people, to the benefit of all. :)
I don't see why it would be to the RR's benefit, but it's a lovely thought. :)

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:Your TH thing, worth looking at. It would not faze me if he were a baddie, in part due to the theory that I put forth about him on Day One.
Oh right. Your theory that I posted this on Day 1:
Turnip Head wrote:I really don't think Epi is bad. I also don't think he'd be so ostentatious with someone else's money. He looks like he's working on his own to me. Don't understand the votes for him but I guess on Day 1 you gotta go with something.
because I'm a baddie trying to gain civ cred by defending Epi's Day 1 actions.

Llama, LC doesn't care who gets lynched as long as it's not him or his partner(s). You can tell because he didn't even answer your question, just nudged your own suspicion of me along as "worth looking at." Speaking of, has anyone actually done that? Has anyone looked at Llama's case on me or my subsequent rebuttal of it? Go ahead and look folks, it's based on me suspecting and voting for a baddie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Again, the evidence against me is that I defended a civvie on Day 1 and voted for a baddie on Day 3. Lol.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

LC, are you not voting MP? You seemed adamant he and I were Reds earlier. You haven't responded to me at all.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Did some quick research...

Looking at specific comments LC has made, plus his bidding patterns, and my own nightly searches, I can systematically eliminate LC from being a member of every color group except light blue or red. But to do so I would have to out my own color alignment, which is against the rules.

If I'm lynched, I'll lay out that evidence in my final moments of life. But I think we need to lynch LC today.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I should state that some of my evidence on which color groups LC is NOT is circumstantial and assumptive, but nonetheless compelling.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Adamant? I mentioned it once.

I haven't decided who I'm voting yet. I do care who will be lynched. I don't want it to be me, you are right on the money there, TH.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote: *snip*

I am still very leery of zeeks quiet~ I know he says otherwise but I am not sure I believe him to be on the level. I am also I am not a fan of Llama changing course on LC since we are going into the "turning on each other" phase of the game a bit earlier than I had expected it to happen, it seems. I don't think they are original baddies, but that sudden change is worrisome if we are looking to LMS teams.

I have been afraid of bidding for stuff after being NKed night one, but I will continue to bid for the protection, and am considering Captain Planet, pending a question:

@boo~ If one bids on Captain Planet, and has no current partners or cards other than the original one, I presume it can be held in reserve?

If I get the answer I hope for, I might be willing to risk a big chunk of my stash on that. A bigger BTS group has a better chance, and the more civs banded together the more "civ" we remain.

Linki~ other than LC, do you have any other suspicions?
I still think zeek is a civvie.

I'm posting less; do you suspect me for it?
For posting less? No. But this has been your norm more or less for the last half a year or so; you go through frenetic periods of posting punctuated by periods of silence as required by rl. zeek, on the other hand, I have played 2 games with, and in both he was MUCH more chatty than he is here. Even in Who where he was recruited (I am thinking Hedge hates me~ first she does not recruit me in Who, now she kills me night one :sigh: ), the first half of his game was in stark, STARK, contrast to this one. Although tbh, with you vouching for him so hard, I am more inclined to think he is in a LMS group than a baddie.

But you comparing your behavior to someone else behavior proves nothing. Not sure why you even asked this question.

I am very surprised that Epi was killed; more than one person suspected him, and I had my ideas based on a reread of BWT & Epis conversation with LoRab. But it appears he cannot have been bad.

When I was reading today, I saw a post Llama made and it made me :haha: , but it also made me :ponder:
thellama73 wrote:Please read my case on Turnip Head, Alex, before you condemn my partne-- I mean Long Con, who is definitely not my partner.
[/quote]

I have seen actual baddie teammates do this kinda thing (rabbit & tranq come to mind) to throw people off. People think it's sarcasm, etc. Or know ing Llama, it could be actual sarcasm.

I am more likely to vote for Llama than LC; he is the one doing the crazy antic stuff. And even if the theory du jour is correct, and they are Light Blue, even if Light Blue was to get Hotels they are not the threat that the pricier Reds are. So if we are going to go after LMS teams, I would prefer to get the Reds to the Light Blues.

I am not totally understanding the case on TH either. Can someone explain it a bit more concisely? I have to reread today a bit more in depth, I skimmed on phone. I thought he rebutted it pretty well during the boogs lynch; is there more to it now then there was then?

I am OK with letting the Utilities slide for today and seeing what happens tonight. Since boo was so vague about what happens to the kill if a team is eliminated, it might be preferable to keep the kill bottled up that way. Even if boo finds a replacement, it would be hard for them to just start killing unnoticed.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:LC, are you not voting MP? You seemed adamant he and I were Reds earlier. You haven't responded to me at all.
Are you reds together?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I am still very leery of zeeks quiet~ I know he says otherwise but I am not sure I believe him to be on the level. I am also I am not a fan of Llama changing course on LC since we are going into the "turning on each other" phase of the game a bit earlier than I had expected it to happen, it seems. I don't think they are original baddies, but that sudden change is worrisome if we are looking to LMS teams.

I have been afraid of bidding for stuff after being NKed night one, but I will continue to bid for the protection, and am considering Captain Planet, pending a question:

@boo~ If one bids on Captain Planet, and has no current partners or cards other than the original one, I presume it can be held in reserve?

If I get the answer I hope for, I might be willing to risk a big chunk of my stash on that. A bigger BTS group has a better chance, and the more civs banded together the more "civ" we remain.

For posting less? No. But this has been your norm more or less for the last half a year or so; you go through frenetic periods of posting punctuated by periods of silence as required by rl. zeek, on the other hand, I have played 2 games with, and in both he was MUCH more chatty than he is here. Even in Who where he was recruited (I am thinking Hedge hates me~ first she does not recruit me in Who, now she kills me night one :sigh: ), the first half of his game was in stark, STARK, contrast to this one. Although tbh, with you vouching for him so hard, I am more inclined to think he is in a LMS group than a baddie.

But you comparing your behavior to someone else behavior proves nothing. Not sure why you even asked this question.

I am very surprised that Epi was killed; more than one person suspected him, and I had my ideas based on a reread of BWT & Epis conversation with LoRab. But it appears he cannot have been bad.

When I was reading today, I saw a post Llama made and it made me :haha: , but it also made me :ponder:
thellama73 wrote:Please read my case on Turnip Head, Alex, before you condemn my partne-- I mean Long Con, who is definitely not my partner.
I have seen actual baddie teammates do this kinda thing (rabbit & tranq come to mind) to throw people off. People think it's sarcasm, etc. Or know ing Llama, it could be actual sarcasm.[/quote]

Oh, you mean like this?
S~V~S wrote:I am more likely to vote for Llama than LC; he is the one doing the crazy antic stuff. And even if the theory du jour is correct, and they are Light Blue, even if Light Blue was to get Hotels they are not the threat that the pricier Reds are. So if we are going to go after LMS teams, I would prefer to get the Reds to the Light Blues.

I am not totally understanding the case on TH either. Can someone explain it a bit more concisely? I have to reread today a bit more in depth, I skimmed on phone. I thought he rebutted it pretty well during the boogs lynch; is there more to it now then there was then?
Can the baby blues even build anymore if Epi was one of them and he's gone? Would his teammates have to somehow reacquire his property back?

As for the case on TH, I don't follow it either at this point.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Three different posts came up on my screen; can you quote which one? I presume you mean LCs? Can you quote it rather than linking to it?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I really don't get this. I'm being linked with MP because he said he thinks I'm civ? This is llama and LC all over again. I searched MP Night 1 but he's not my colour.

I'm not a Red either. I've been very tight with my cash for the very reason I don't want to land on that sorta shit. I haven't even made it past go yet thanks to my trip to jail :(

Regarding my play change. Part of it is lack of time and part of it is the buzz of my first game out of retirement has worn off. I've addressed that. If it's not good enough for everyone, I can't help it. I'm playing, which is more than you can say about a few people.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:Three different posts came up on my screen; can you quote which one? I presume you mean LCs? Can you quote it rather than linking to it?

It was Llamas I assume.

I did a quick view of post count and who is still on the poll. I'm going to look at the posts of those at the bottom of the list. My gut is looking at Bass for WW right now.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

zeek wrote:I really don't get this. I'm being linked with MP because he said he thinks I'm civ? This is llama and LC all over again. I searched MP Night 1 but he's not my colour.

I'm not a Red either. I've been very tight with my cash for the very reason I don't want to land on that sorta shit. I haven't even made it past go yet thanks to my trip to jail :(
Just asking...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:Lorab must have won the original bidding for Electric Company. It's odd, then, that she didn't step in and say something when Boogs and I were calling each other liars over this matter... I'm worried she's a railroad who was relishing the mayhem.
Nope. I figured one of the 2 of you got it and was watching to see what happened.

Which leads me to believe you're lying.

Especially since you accuse me of specifically being railroad--and not WW. Is that because you are WW and therefore know I'm not? But still want to make the accusation to get attention off yourself?

I think you just earned my vote.

Also: I'm not a railroad. Or Utility. Or any kind of baddie. :lorab:

Also, I think Epi may have been one of the reds--it would make sense why they're auctioning houses off now. I agree he was an odd choice of kill.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MM, it's a coincidence. Not sure what Epig's death has to do with me, but my posting schedule has been dictated by RL. Everyone knows I post as often as I want to, time permitting, because I'm an obsessive mafia addict. :p There are many reasons the last week or so has been busy, including a research paper, TONS of RA-related work that I've been lucky enough to mostly keep under the 10 hr/week threshold before now, etc.

Also, MM, you say I'm not actively looking for utilities and I suddenly want to lynch railroads. This isn't true. Railroads have been high priority for me for a while, but I've been busy off and on, and haven't had time to dig through and do proper thoroughly investigative cases or anything. I also thought LC and Llama might be railroads but it appears so much more likely they are LMS now. It seems Hedge's posts are not helpful anyway (just finished reading them). Additionally, I am interested in finding that last utility, but as I've said before, I thought it was Boogs, and since it wasn't Boogs, I think it's likely a low poster due to Occam's Razor and cost-benefit analysis.

Also, also, MM, please read my case on LC and Llama. You can find it if you skim through my in-topic posts quite easily, and I'm pressed for time whenever I have been posting and have already re-posted it so those two reasons are why I haven't re-posted it again.

Hanna, sorry for the name screw-up, and thanks for your thoughts! I just was wondering if you had any reads on anyone regarding Mafia.

Llama is acting strange as fuck and clearly not civvie like, so I'd be open to voting him instead of LC. Again, I really don't care. What really bothers me about Llama is he thinks I'm bad because I'm pursuing a theory he believes is baseless, yet he goes after TH with a very similarly unsubstantial theory, and he isn't really baddie hunting, but despite doing so he seems willing to lynch pretty much anyone other than himself and LC. He even agreed with me earlier in the game that juliets was bad but he STILL hasn't even explained to me why, and he hasn't brought it up since. That's just one example.

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama, your posts are so ironic. You cling to your TH case in such a way that I cling to mine about you and LC, but you're willing to vote for me because I'm "being annoying". How does my clinging to something I really believe is true makes me bad but not you?
It doesn't make you bad, the role boo assigned you makes you bad. Just like the role boo assigned me makes me good. If I were bad, I would never have killed my good friend Rob, so thta rules me out for Reading Railroad, anyway. And I still have not found my partners because no one will check me. :mad:
But you're specifically saying you have bad feelings about me because of my persistence in thinking you and LC are bad. How can you not see you're doing the same thing to TH based on evidence that isn't any better (and IMO, worse)?

Turnip Head wrote:If we're talking railroad suspects, Lorab is on my short list of players who might have NKed Epi last night. The only thing I remember from Lorab is her prolonged spat with Epi at the beginning of the game. I think he was an odd choice for NK directly after he led the charge against Boogs and the fact that he didn't have much cash and hadn't won any properties or powers.
I could definitely see LoRab as a railroad possibility, especially after her vote for you just now.

I also can entertain the possibility of you being bad, but it's likely only as a utility; nonetheless, I still think a utility is more likely a quieter player at this point, since the Boogs theory was wrong, and since I have been seeing civvie-like behavior from you this game.

S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I have seen actual baddie teammates do this kinda thing (rabbit & tranq come to mind) to throw people off. People think it's sarcasm, etc. Or know ing Llama, it could be actual sarcasm.

I am more likely to vote for Llama than LC; he is the one doing the crazy antic stuff. And even if the theory du jour is correct, and they are Light Blue, even if Light Blue was to get Hotels they are not the threat that the pricier Reds are. So if we are going to go after LMS teams, I would prefer to get the Reds to the Light Blues.

I am OK with letting the Utilities slide for today and seeing what happens tonight. Since boo was so vague about what happens to the kill if a team is eliminated, it might be preferable to keep the kill bottled up that way. Even if boo finds a replacement, it would be hard for them to just start killing unnoticed.
The reason I asked is because I don't remember you issuing an opinion on me, that's all. It seems posting less was a major reason for your zeek suspicion so that's why I thought of it. Also, I don't know zeek is civvie, so you could be right about him for all I know, but I've had good feelings about him all game, and when he has posted he has seemed genuine to me. And LC may denounce my reasons, but I talked with him BTS A LOT last game, and I feel I've gotten to know his playstyle pretty decently (but not intimately, I'll admit, since I've still only played two games with him), and he mentioned work ramping up towards the end of the DW game too.

But I want you and everyone else to understand: I am not vouching for him. I said "I still think he is a civvie". That's a read that I have of him. It's what I think. I do think he's higher on my spectrum of possible civvieness than most other players right now, though, but it doesn't mean I'm vouching for him.

I agree on Llama. He has been making "obvious baddie" posts all game, including the way he refuses to discuss suspects, and now how he's NO Uing me and willing to vote me because I'm "annoying", his turnaround with LC, etc. etc. It all ties together, and it all points towards Llama being an obvious LMS teammate of LC, since he doesn't give a crap who gets lynched as long as it isn't one of them.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

LoRab wrote:Also, I think Epi may have been one of the reds--it would make sense why they're auctioning houses off now. I agree he was an odd choice of kill.
Epi spent $1000 in the first couple days bidding on a power and a property. That means he would have had to come up with $450 in rent and other things to purchase three houses. I just don't think that's plausible.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama is acting strange as fuck and clearly not civvie like
It's a shame Rob is dead, because if he was here he would point out that strange does not equal baddie and that there is no such thing as "acting civvie."

I'll tell you how I am acting. I've been acting like a bored civ with no partners to talk to.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama is acting strange as fuck and clearly not civvie like
It's a shame Rob is dead, because if he was here he would point out that strange does not equal baddie and that there is no such thing as "acting civvie."

I'll tell you how I am acting. I've been acting like a bored civ with no partners to talk to.
What are you talking about? I often am one to use the "weird doesn't equal bad" argument.

You're acting precisely like you don't give a crap about what happens to anyone other than yourself and LC. That indicates LMS to me. You haven't been seriously baddie hunting at all. How can you argue with me on this? And yet you STILL refuse to explain your juliets observation earlier? And your many other "I'm willing to vote _____" statements? You already explained it earlier as you being busy or something, but just because you're busy doesn't mean you're helping the civvies by just randomly stating suspicions without any back up at all. You basically also suspect me for BS reasons.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, also, I have a really busy weekend, so I may not be back before the vote and may still be relatively absent for a few days -- but I'll see if I find time and can change my vote and post later or from my phone.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, regarding the timed out request, I'm going to see what else I can do, but I've looked into it and I see absolutely nothing on my end indicating any server wackiness... which is odd.

Return to “Previous Jobs”