Total votes: 12
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 6]

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama is acting strange as fuck and clearly not civvie like
It's a shame Rob is dead, because if he was here he would point out that strange does not equal baddie and that there is no such thing as "acting civvie."

I'll tell you how I am acting. I've been acting like a bored civ with no partners to talk to.
What are you talking about? I often am one to use the "weird doesn't equal bad" argument.

You're acting precisely like you don't give a crap about what happens to anyone other than yourself and LC. That indicates LMS to me. You haven't been seriously baddie hunting at all. How can you argue with me on this? And yet you STILL refuse to explain your juliets observation earlier? And your many other "I'm willing to vote _____" statements? You already explained it earlier as you being busy or something, but just because you're busy doesn't mean you're helping the civvies by just randomly stating suspicions without any back up at all. You basically also suspect me for BS reasons.
What would you like me to explain? I said I thought juliets was bad because I thought she was bad. I think LC is good because I think he is good. I think Turnip Head is bad for reasons I have already explained more than once, but a brief reiteration 1. He wanted to buy a utility. Why? 2. He was among the late voters for Boogs, and I firmly believe Boogs' partner would have been among the late voters for him in order not to look like they were defending him. 3. His tone (and this is the main one) at the time was that of someone desperately trying to keep attention off of himself by deflecting onto absolutely anyone else.

I suspect you because you rationalized away the fact that I bought a double search, which I would have had no reason to do if I was already in a team, in order to preserve your theory. I think you just want me gone because my suspicions are dead on. :llama:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, regarding the timed out request, I'm going to see what else I can do, but I've looked into it and I see absolutely nothing on my end indicating any server wackiness... which is odd.
MP it just happened at Rev Mafia as well but its not happening at any other sites. So it's not a TS think though I don't know what kind of thing it is.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 0]

Post by thellama73 »

More on Turnip Head, since my airtight case is apparently not airtight enough for some people.
Turnip Head wrote:Yay game!
Awfully enthusiastic. Enthusiastic to kill! Like a baddie would be. :eye:
Turnip Head wrote:The utilities know my role :eek:
Yeah, because one of them is you and the other is your btsc partner! :eye:
Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:Can someone tell me what this means:

6. LoRab = 12 (6+6), Electric Company (roll is 3+1=4*10, EC gets $40 from bank, learns role).

Does that mean the person who is the Electric Company (which i believe is a utility thus a baddie) learns Lorab's role? I don't remember reading that anywhere but I can't think of anything else it means.
I had to look it up too since it pertained to me. If you land on a utility they will learn your role and get money from the bank.
Yeah, it pertains to you because you are a utility! Nice try claiming you "had to look it up." :eye:

I don't understand what part of this people aren't finding convincing.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:More on Turnip Head, since my airtight case is apparently not airtight enough for some people.
Turnip Head wrote:

6. LoRab = 12 (6+6), Electric Company (roll is 3+1=4*10, EC gets $40 from bank, learns role).

Does that mean the person who is the Electric Company (which i believe is a utility thus a baddie) learns Lorab's role? I don't remember reading that anywhere but I can't think of anything else it means.
I had to look it up too since it pertained to me. If you land on a utility they will learn your role and get money from the bank.
Yeah, it pertains to you because you are a utility! Nice try claiming you "had to look it up." :eye:

:ponder: I missed the part where he is a utility.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace Epi :( Sorry to see you go.

I agree LC, I think an inactive player is in charge of the utilities' kill now that BWT is gone. But how are we going to question the inactives? How are we going to get a feel for them individually? There's like 4 different players who haven't posted in 2 weeks.
Turnip Head wrote:On another note, we really need to start ferreting out the LMS groups, especially the reds. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the bid for the Beatdown power, which would let them take over Water Works' kill if WW is eliminated. Might be better to leave that NK in the hands of a comatose player...
So from these two posts I get the feel that you would prefer to forget the second Util, and let them pile up names/$$ and concentrate on the LMS? While I would rather get baddies, boo saying (very very vaguely) that the kill may not die with clearly baddie teams makes it a bit more murky, and I am a move or two from Red Ville.

Leaving the last util be could be both a good and a bad strategy. Personally, i would rather wait for two missed kills before declaring it a low poster, rather than someone trying to set up low posters. But if 2 kills are missed... There are still 2 rails left as well, though, unless the 3 remaining after Made died all found each other night one and BR 1.0, the only Util kill, was a rail. Which is impossible, as she would not have replaced back in from a BTSC role, as well as very unlikely even had she not replaced back in.

I am still very leery of zeeks quiet~ I know he says otherwise but I am not sure I believe him to be on the level. I am also I am not a fan of Llama changing course on LC since we are going into the "turning on each other" phase of the game a bit earlier than I had expected it to happen, it seems. I don't think they are original baddies, but that sudden change is worrisome if we are looking to LMS teams.

I have been afraid of bidding for stuff after being NKed night one, but I will continue to bid for the protection, and am considering Captain Planet, pending a question:

@boo~ If one bids on Captain Planet, and has no current partners or cards other than the original one, I presume it can be held in reserve?

If I get the answer I hope for, I might be willing to risk a big chunk of my stash on that. A bigger BTS group has a better chance, and the more civs banded together the more "civ" we remain.

Linki~ other than LC, do you have any other suspicions?
Yes.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote:Let's lynch MovingPictues07, because zeek is clearly his partner. And - get this - I'm not one of the reds, so that makes it more likely that MP and zeek ARE the reds.

If you're really not interested in lynching baddies anymore, then you need to go after the reds, because they are going to have literally thousands and thousands of dollars very soon. They will be unstoppable because they will buy every property up for grabs, every prize, and more than likely are already making private offers of cash for loose properties.

I don't know what they're trying to pull with the house sale thing, but maybe it's something like this: sell the houses every day after the night post, and use that money to win any stuff they want, and then buy whatever houses they can reasonably afford before the next night is up.

So first of all, don't buy the houses. Not that anyone would, I can't see a situation where someone would buy those houses instead of going to the bank.

@boo: can players sell houses back to the bank? If so, what does the bank pay for used houses?

Also, when someone upgrades from 4 houses to a hotel, do the houses go back on the market?
Yes. Half of what was spent to build it. All houses that get returned go up for auction, starting at the amount they were paid for.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

The person with Pennsylvania Railroad has requested anonymous offers for the property.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 51

Post by zeek »

Putting my vote on keys for now. Not sure who to vote for but I'll be back later tonight.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks for the answer, boo. If it has no bids tonight I may go for it.
thellama73 wrote:More on Turnip Head, since my airtight case is apparently not airtight enough for some people.
Turnip Head wrote:

Seriously? This, combined with that silly "partne... " post is making me think you are THs partner, lol. In seriousness, though, unless you are playing a lulz game and rubbing our faces in it, I don't see how you are doing LC any favors through this faux association act, unlless it is sarcasm (or faux sarcasm)

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama is acting strange as fuck and clearly not civvie like
It's a shame Rob is dead, because if he was here he would point out that strange does not equal baddie and that there is no such thing as "acting civvie."

I'll tell you how I am acting. I've been acting like a bored civ with no partners to talk to.
What are you talking about? I often am one to use the "weird doesn't equal bad" argument.

You're acting precisely like you don't give a crap about what happens to anyone other than yourself and LC. That indicates LMS to me. You haven't been seriously baddie hunting at all. How can you argue with me on this? And yet you STILL refuse to explain your juliets observation earlier? And your many other "I'm willing to vote _____" statements? You already explained it earlier as you being busy or something, but just because you're busy doesn't mean you're helping the civvies by just randomly stating suspicions without any back up at all. You basically also suspect me for BS reasons.
What would you like me to explain? I said I thought juliets was bad because I thought she was bad. I think LC is good because I think he is good. I think Turnip Head is bad for reasons I have already explained more than once, but a brief reiteration 1. He wanted to buy a utility. Why? 2. He was among the late voters for Boogs, and I firmly believe Boogs' partner would have been among the late voters for him in order not to look like they were defending him. 3. His tone (and this is the main one) at the time was that of someone desperately trying to keep attention off of himself by deflecting onto absolutely anyone else.

I suspect you because you rationalized away the fact that I bought a double search, which I would have had no reason to do if I was already in a team, in order to preserve your theory. I think you just want me gone because my suspicions are dead on. :llama:
I don't even know what to say about this. Boogs bid on it, too, and he WAS a civvie. You are acting like you are trying to make up a case to fit your thesis. So if TH is lynched and turns up Rail, I am looking at you for Utilities, NOT as LCs partner, since your over the top dis/association is SOOOO over the top. Plus I could VERY easily see you setting up low posters by foregoing a kill or two, I think nothing would give you more glee than giving people a good reason to lynch low posters. The fact that you called such an idea a bad one:
thellama73 wrote:This low poster brouhaha is a distraction and witch hunt. It's an easy way for people to escape scrutiny, and I won't go along with it.
...makes me even more likely to think it is true. You can watch your eternal nemesii (nemesises? :huh: ) get decimated, and say, "Hey, I said the lynching low posters thing was a bad idea." (Said Llama NEVER)

I am voting for Llama. If one of the other cases becomes more compelling, I may switch after work, but for now, none of them are really grabbing me, but Llamas posts are.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The reason I asked is because I don't remember you issuing an opinion on me, that's all. It seems posting less was a major reason for your zeek suspicion so that's why I thought of it. Also, I don't know zeek is civvie, so you could be right about him for all I know, but I've had good feelings about him all game, and when he has posted he has seemed genuine to me. And LC may denounce my reasons, but I talked with him BTS A LOT last game, and I feel I've gotten to know his playstyle pretty decently (but not intimately, I'll admit, since I've still only played two games with him), and he mentioned work ramping up towards the end of the DW game too.
But zeek, I quote:
zeek wrote:Regarding my play change. Part of it is lack of time and part of it is the buzz of my first game out of retirement has worn off...
He changed the way he play, but MP did not even acknowledge it. Maybe the claim he can recognize the zeek playtone could have been made to give a ground for mildly defending zeek... I think it not too believable.
Turnip Head wrote:Did some quick research...

Looking at specific comments LC has made, plus his bidding patterns, and my own nightly searches, I can systematically eliminate LC from being a member of every color group except light blue or red. But to do so I would have to out my own color alignment, which is against the rules.

If I'm lynched, I'll lay out that evidence in my final moments of life. But I think we need to lynch LC today.
Hilarity. I'd love to hear more about it when you get a chance. :haha:
LoRab wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Lorab must have won the original bidding for Electric Company. It's odd, then, that she didn't step in and say something when Boogs and I were calling each other liars over this matter... I'm worried she's a railroad who was relishing the mayhem.
Nope. I figured one of the 2 of you got it and was watching to see what happened.

Which leads me to believe you're lying.

Especially since you accuse me of specifically being railroad--and not WW. Is that because you are WW and therefore know I'm not? But still want to make the accusation to get attention off yourself?

I think you just earned my vote.
Good point, Lorab!
S~V~S wrote:In seriousness, though, unless you are playing a lulz game and rubbing our faces in it, I don't see how you are doing LC any favors through this faux association act, unlless it is sarcasm (or faux sarcasm)
I am a victim of Llama, nothing more. I didn't want any of it.
HannaK
Posts in topic: 60

Post by HannaK »

Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Three different posts came up on my screen; can you quote which one? I presume you mean LCs? Can you quote it rather than linking to it?

It was Llamas I assume.

I did a quick view of post count and who is still on the poll. I'm going to look at the posts of those at the bottom of the list. My gut is looking at Bass for WW right now.
Any specific reasons why your gut is telling you Bass? This seems very random to me

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Please read my case on Turnip Head, Alex, before you condemn my partne-- I mean Long Con, who is definitely not my partner.
I have seen actual baddie teammates do this kinda thing (rabbit & tranq come to mind) to throw people off. People think it's sarcasm, etc. Or know ing Llama, it could be actual sarcasm.
I find this interesting as I used the very same tactic once.

I am redirecting my attention back to llama, the last couple of post llama has made have been really strange especially regarding the rationalization why TH is bad (going back to day 0 posts and everything) also:
thellama73 wrote: I suspect you because you rationalized away the fact that I bought a double search, which I would have had no reason to do if I was already in a team, in order to preserve your theory. I think you just want me gone because my suspicions are dead on. :llama:
Could just be you bought it as a defense (which would make even more sense if you were a baddie and had enough money to not really care about the powers you pay for) in the same fashion you might just skip a kill to direct the attention to low posters
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote: I am a victim of Llama, nothing more. I didn't want any of it.
Oh boo hoo.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

HannaK wrote:
thellama73 wrote: I suspect you because you rationalized away the fact that I bought a double search, which I would have had no reason to do if I was already in a team, in order to preserve your theory. I think you just want me gone because my suspicions are dead on. :llama:
Could just be you bought it as a defense (which would make even more sense if you were a baddie and had enough money to not really care about the powers you pay for) in the same fashion you might just skip a kill to direct the attention to low posters
Yes, all of that is possible, but at this point you are not evaluate evidence. You are contriving theories to explain away the evidence, which you could do for any player. When all the evidence points to A but you choose to ignore it because of your belief in B, then we might as well never discuss thread evidence at all.

HannaK

Post by HannaK »

thellama73 wrote:
HannaK wrote:
Yes, all of that is possible, but at this point you are not evaluate evidence. You are contriving theories to explain away the evidence, which you could do for any player. When all the evidence points to A but you choose to ignore it because of your belief in B, then we might as well never discuss thread evidence at all.
Mmmm I rather think of it as finding multiple ways to evaluate possible evidence (which is not the same as ignoring it)

Anyway I would love to hear more of the low-posters as well but as that is probably not going to happen I'll try to do a bit of a re-read before deciding whom to vote for
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Tangrowth »

I literally only have a minute or two and wanted to address this.

LC, I have already explained my thoughts on zeek and I DID acknowledge that on D3 when he said it previously:

MovingPictures07 wrote:S~V~S, just to give you another opinion: I am seeing a civvie zeek here. It definitely isn't DW zeek, and since Zelda is still wrapping up I won't say anything more than the fact that I called him out in Zelda in a similar fashion to you doing so here. I'm not sure the lower volume of posting indicates anything other than being busy and less interest in the theme (and it wasn't his first game out of retirement, as he said). I also am not getting the vibes you have been from his posts. That's just my assessment.
Stop trying to make me look like I'm lying or posting in a way I don't normally, and somehow both of these make me bad. I'm not doing either.

I'll switch my vote to Llama, but really I'm fine either way. Not sure I'll be back though, which is why I made a point to stop by in between working on my project this morning.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I'll switch my vote to Llama, but really I'm fine either way. Not sure I'll be back though, which is why I made a point to stop by in between working on my project this morning.
So the site admins are ganging up on me, eh? That's real fair. :)

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I'll switch my vote to Llama, but really I'm fine either way. Not sure I'll be back though, which is why I made a point to stop by in between working on my project this morning.
Have you played monopoly before? ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Have you played monopoly before? ;)
Mainly Star Wars Monopoly.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm really going in a circle with who to vote for today. Instead of the usual which is I can't find anyone to vote for, there seem to be too many who are suspicious. For right now I'm going to vote Turnip Head. I've been leaning civ on him but the more I think about it the more I think about how I've been fooled badly more than once by ignoring things brought up against him because I thought he was good. There's a long time to go until the lynch and I still have an open mind if there are other arguments about others or arguments about why TH is good. But for now, voting TH
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

An argument toward why TH could be good would be fine to hear. Or a reiteration if it already got put forth.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:An argument toward why TH could be good would be fine to hear. Or a reiteration if it already got put forth.
I've put it forth multiple times, but I'm game to go again. It's mostly an accumulation of circumstantial evidence that I think points to him being the other utility.

1. TH was among the last voters for BWT, a utility. I think it is reasonable to assume that BWT's BTSC partner would vote for him late in order to gain civ cred. I do not think he would vote for his partner early (too dangerous), or vote for someone else (too obvious a save attempt).
2. He was eager to bid on BWT's utility. I can't see a good reason for a civ to do that (even though we know Boogs did bid for it, and he was civ.)
3. He seemed, to me, overly eager to jump on other people's cases as soon as I brought his name up, which spells guilty to me.
4. He and Boogs had a fight over who actually won the utility in the bidding war, each denying that it was them. Boogs flipped civ, so it's unlikely he was lying, which makes TH more likely to have lied.

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Black Rock »

I've voted for Bass on suspicion of being WW. I may change my vote later.
ImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

I agree with most of the points on TH. The only thing that gives me pause is I don't think WW would neccessarily want to acquire the EC after his partner died - it would obviously draw a lot of attention to WW, and it's not like it would allow WW to build houses/hotels.

Long Con. If he isn't a Raily, there's a good chance he's completed his set and is no longer a civilian. At any rate, he's got to go at some point.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
HannaK

Post by HannaK »

keys56000000000 wrote:I agree with most of the points on TH. The only thing that gives me pause is I don't think WW would neccessarily want to acquire the EC after his partner died - it would obviously draw a lot of attention to WW, and it's not like it would allow WW to build houses/hotels.

Long Con. If he isn't a Raily, there's a good chance he's completed his set and is no longer a civilian. At any rate, he's got to go at some point.
The fact that you get a lot more money if you own both EC and WW might be a very good reason to risk drawing attention to yourself by acquiring EC tho
Black Rock wrote:I've voted for Bass on suspicion of being WW. I may change my vote later.
Again, is this suspicion based on anything besides the fact that it is a low-poster? This vote seems so random to me, especially in light of all the TH, llama, LC discussion going on
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Llama, LC said "good", not "bad", tehehe. I think he may have been talking to everyone EXCEPT you.

LC, I've refuted the case against me several times. Since the same old case is popping up again, I'll indulge you guys one more time.
thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:An argument toward why TH could be good would be fine to hear. Or a reiteration if it already got put forth.
I've put it forth multiple times, but I'm game to go again. It's mostly an accumulation of circumstantial evidence that I think points to him being the other utility.

1. TH was among the last voters for BWT, a utility. I think it is reasonable to assume that BWT's BTSC partner would vote for him late in order to gain civ cred. I do not think he would vote for his partner early (too dangerous), or vote for someone else (too obvious a save attempt).
As I've said before, I've been a late voter in all 5 lynches. It has nothing to do with my role and everything to do with wanting the $200 bonus.

But just because I voted late for BWT doesn't mean I was not involved in the discussion about him. As I've said before, I was THE FIRST PERSON to agree with Epi's case on BWT and I never let my foot off the gas pedal there. I thought it was a good case and continued to push it to the forefront of discussion. You keep missing this fact.
thellama73 wrote:2. He was eager to bid on BWT's utility. I can't see a good reason for a civ to do that (even though we know Boogs did bid for it, and he was civ.)
Yeah, Boogs bid on it and was civ. I bid on it and was civ. YOU bid on a baddie property Llama. You did. You WON it. Does that make you a baddie?
I have tried to win baddie properties to make sure they stay out of the hands of the baddies. Why did YOU bid on the railroad?
thellama73 wrote:3. He seemed, to me, overly eager to jump on other people's cases as soon as I brought his name up, which spells guilty to me.
I did not jump on anyone's cases after you brought my name up. I continued to discuss my own suspects, because I'm trying to find baddies. The fact that you suspect me doesn't get in the way of my OWN baddie hunting. I'm not going to stop doing my civvie duty of trying to find baddies just because you think I'm bad.
thellama73 wrote:4. He and Boogs had a fight over who actually won the utility in the bidding war, each denying that it was them. Boogs flipped civ, so it's unlikely he was lying, which makes TH more likely to have lied.
Again, I'm not lying about this, and if I WAS bad, there would be NO REASON for me to lie. I've been upfront about everything that I've done. I have won other auctions including baddie properties. I did not win Electric Company. I stated as much in the thread so that we as a group could try to determine who DID win it and why. LC showed that I COULDN'T have won it because I didn't increase the bid enough. Again, if I was a baddie and won that auction, I would have said NOTHING, because there was no benefit to getting caught up in this mystery. I don't think people are looking at this situation from that angle. My actions in this matter literally don't make any goddamn sense if I'm a baddie.

I've been a major player in the lynching of all three baddies. I didn't bring up the original cases but I pushed them all along. Black Rock was the first to point out that Made's partner comment on Day 1 was weird, I was the first person to call it an actual slip. Epi was the person who brought up the case on BWT, but I was right there after him to try and keep that case buoyant while other players were discussing separate cases and were ignoring Epi's. LC was the first to point out that Hedgeowl's survival was suspicious, I was the next person to come in and condemn her. I've helped take out three baddies and I've tried to defend people I believe to be civ. If taking out baddies and defending civvies makes me bad, I don't know what to say.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab wrote:Especially since you accuse me of specifically being railroad--and not WW. Is that because you are WW and therefore know I'm not? But still want to make the accusation to get attention off yourself?
I accuse you of being a railroad and not WW for two reasons, Lorab.

1) If you are lying about not winning the bid for Electric Company, and you were Water Works, I don't think you would put EC up for auction (as was the case). You would want to hold onto that card.
2) Epi was killed by a railroad, and you're on my short list of people who may have killed him because of your tete a tete with him earlier in the game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not sure about Llama. I think his case on me is silly (obviously), and his jokey posts about partners remind me of when he did the same thing in the Harry Potter game when we were baddies together. But that's all I've got on him. He plays with bravado whether civvie or baddie.

I think an inactive player is Water Works and want to see what happens with the kill tonight.

Lorab is my main suspicion for a railroad but I don't see that gaining any traction. Her vote for me came off as extremely defensive, like she was just happy to have a reason to vote for me and scuttle back out of the thread. Her "I'm not a baddie" song and dance means absolutely nothing any more, she does that twirl every game.

Bea has been even quieter than usual and I feel she might be trying to intentionally slip under the radar. I don't remember any of her contributions to the game and that concerns me.

I'm 100% convinced LC is in an LMS group and will need to be lynched eventually. I'd rather lynch a straight up baddie than go for an LMS, but to be honest the LMS's are just as much of a threat to the civvies.

In the end I'll be voting for whoever has the most votes to help ensure I don't get lynched. But I'd rather try to go for one of the above players because I'm just not feeling sure about Llama. I think he's just blinded by his suspicion of me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:He plays with bravado whether civvie or baddie.
Thank you very much! I could say the same about you.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Monopoly Mafia [night 4]

Post by Turnip Head »

SVS, I know you are just as worried as I am about where a baddie kill might end up once a team is eliminated. I'm not sure if you saw this, since you mentioned Boo's previous ambiguous answer re: the kill. This was a power that Boo put up for silent auction:
boo wrote:4) Beatdown: This power allows anyone with BTSC to take over the night kill of one of the mafia teams. In order to do so, all members of the mafia team must be dead (at least 1 of them must have been killed with help from a member doing the beatdown), and then the night kill can be claimed. Can be played prior to the requirements occurring, but will only go through once they are met. Bids for this power can be done privately. - Starts at $200
It's very likely that one of the two established LMS groups has obtained this power.

I'd rather leave the kill in the hands of an inactive player than to just hand it over to one of those guys.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And now that I think about it, the fact that BR seems so gung ho on lynching an inactive Water Works today might be an indication that she is in the LMS group that won the Beatdown power. There's not much other incentive to go after an inactive Water Works. A civvie BR should be happy that the kill is not currently being used against us. Something to ponder.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

HannaK wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:I agree with most of the points on TH. The only thing that gives me pause is I don't think WW would neccessarily want to acquire the EC after his partner died - it would obviously draw a lot of attention to WW, and it's not like it would allow WW to build houses/hotels.

The fact that you get a lot more money if you own both EC and WW might be a very good reason to risk drawing attention to yourself by acquiring EC tho
Black Rock wrote:I've voted for Bass on suspicion of being WW. I may change my vote later.
Again, is this suspicion based on anything besides the fact that it is a low-poster? This vote seems so random to me, especially in light of all the TH, llama, LC discussion going on

I don't know what to make on them. I don't know who to trust to believe which theories. I am voting Bass on suspicion because a few factors, my attention was put on him because of low posting but my gut is playing a big factor on narrowing him down.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:And now that I think about it, the fact that BR seems so gung ho on lynching an inactive Water Works today might be an indication that she is in the LMS group that won the Beatdown power. There's not much other incentive to go after an inactive Water Works. A civvie BR should be happy that the kill is not currently being used against us. Something to ponder.

What? This does not make sense to me. What does that prize have to do with it? A civvie BR should be happy a power, that in fact can't be used as long as the RR's exist, isn't being used against anyone? A power that is one time kill ? But I should be happy that a baddie is still alive? A baddie that has already once targeted me? A baddie that kills more than once? So trying to find a baddie makes me not civvie but in fact LMS? Not just LMS but an LMS with a kill? I'll just wrap my head around that one.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If we lynch Water Works, the kill will pass to whoever bid the highest on Beatdown, assuming that player votes for Water Works. The railroads do not factor into this at all so you missed my point completely.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Read back through Boo's explanation of that again and then let me know if you still want to lynch an inactive Water Works.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm not sure about Llama. I think his case on me is silly (obviously), and his jokey posts about partners remind me of when he did the same thing in the Harry Potter game when we were baddies together. But that's all I've got on him. He plays with bravado whether civvie or baddie.

I think an inactive player is Water Works and want to see what happens with the kill tonight.

Lorab is my main suspicion for a railroad but I don't see that gaining any traction. Her vote for me came off as extremely defensive, like she was just happy to have a reason to vote for me and scuttle back out of the thread. Her "I'm not a baddie" song and dance means absolutely nothing any more, she does that twirl every game.

Bea has been even quieter than usual and I feel she might be trying to intentionally slip under the radar. I don't remember any of her contributions to the game and that concerns me.

I'm 100% convinced LC is in an LMS group and will need to be lynched eventually. I'd rather lynch a straight up baddie than go for an LMS, but to be honest the LMS's are just as much of a threat to the civvies.

In the end I'll be voting for whoever has the most votes to help ensure I don't get lynched. But I'd rather try to go for one of the above players because I'm just not feeling sure about Llama. I think he's just blinded by his suspicion of me.
Yea. I know. I'm the suckiest replacement ever. Not intentionally trying to fly under the radar just super busy with real life. I didn't sign up for the game initially for a reason, but I hate to leave a host dangling when they are in need so there ya go. I'm having a difficult time trying to check what I've missed + get the swing of the mechanics + trying to keep track of who's bought what etc in the little bit of free time I do have.

Not sure where my vote is going, but fwiw - what little I have been able to grasp of the game so far, I am not really seeing llama's case on you TH, so I know I'm not voting there.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

Today has been insanely busy for me.

I don't know that I want to follow MP's vote on llama, because I don't really trust him this game. I don't understand how TH can narrow LC down to a couple of colors. That seems incredibly sketchy to me. I haven't been able to narrow down anyone except that they aren't my color. So I'm going to vote there, but I will hopefully be around later and be able to change if something else presents itself.

happy birthday btw :hugs:
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:SVS, I know you are just as worried as I am about where a baddie kill might end up once a team is eliminated. I'm not sure if you saw this, since you mentioned Boo's previous ambiguous answer re: the kill. This was a power that Boo put up for silent auction:
boo wrote:4) Beatdown: This power allows anyone with BTSC to take over the night kill of one of the mafia teams. In order to do so, all members of the mafia team must be dead (at least 1 of them must have been killed with help from a member doing the beatdown), and then the night kill can be claimed. Can be played prior to the requirements occurring, but will only go through once they are met. Bids for this power can be done privately. - Starts at $200
It's very likely that one of the two established LMS groups has obtained this power.

I'd rather leave the kill in the hands of an inactive player than to just hand it over to one of those guys.
I have to agree, I would be more receptive to the seek & destroy re the remaining Utility if there was a kill tonight, assuming that that is a low poster, and not someone who intentionally refrained from killing in order to frame low posters. That person might be more dangerous than a low poster with a kill, imo. And if Llama is not a Utility, then I would be pretty amazed if he was not part of a team at this stage. If there is not another kill tonight, maybe the rails can start NKing low posters as LC suggested, and when they get one that doesn't die, Boom, there you go :D

Has anyone else bid on the protection, and did anyone at all bid on Captain Planet?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
HannaK

Post by HannaK »

As I see no point in randomly picking a low poster, I am gonna vote for llama who's evidence for suspicions I do not find convincing and I feel llama might be bad or at the very least potentially part of a LMS group (and considering there are so few baddies left the chances of lynching someone of a LMS group look much better imo)
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sorry I have been around. I have been so busy trying to get a job.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Well reading over the last page it seems like I got a vote for being a low poster. I going to go read back over the people with the the most votes to see if I can figure out where to vote tonight.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I going to go ahead a vote Llama I think out of everything I've read I feel like it the best place to vote without lynching a civ.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

At.work now - don't know that I will get.another.break before the end of the.poll. voting llama. It feels.like his th suspish is manufactured. Can't see why he would ignore.the.rebutal if he were not a baddie/lam team.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

you guys are making a terrible mistake.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:If we lynch Water Works, the kill will pass to whoever bid the highest on Beatdown, assuming that player votes for Water Works. The railroads do not factor into this at all so you missed my point completely.

Yeah, well I guess I misunderstood what it was. It is quite a dangerous little prize isn't it. It's like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Looks like I've gotta vote llama. Hope you're bad buddy.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Looks like I've gotta vote llama. Hope you're bad buddy.
I'm not, and the rest of you will feel mighty silly when you find out I was right about TH all along.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Anyone fancy a tie? Ties are fun aren't they? Black Rock? MM?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Anyone fancy a tie? Ties are fun aren't they? Black Rock? MM?
Fuck ties. That's what I think.

Zelda is still on my mind.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Anyone fancy a tie? Ties are fun aren't they? Black Rock? MM?
Fuck ties. That's what I think.

Zelda is still on my mind.
If Zelda is still on your mind, then you should remember what my baddie game looks like and know that this isn't it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”