Total votes: 12
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:The dollar sign thing is really annoying, Epig.
$orry. :p

Go ahead and vote for me. I know you're $eeking a rea$on to do it.
How do you know that?
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

Birdwithteeth, I'm not saying lynch people for searching for their teammates. I don't want to lynch civs, I never said I would. I'm saying that if you find your teammates, we will have to lynch you. That is just a fact, as Boo has stated. Our priority should be the mafia with the kill, but after that the priority is to reach our win conditions, right? And that's going to mean lynching, or killing off via some other means, the other teams.

Nijuukyugou, I'm not telling people what to do. I'm sorry you're getting that impression. You can and obviously will do what you want, and I agree that having your BTSC teammates and powers will make the game more fun for you. Fun is fun, but I think trying to win is funner, and that's all I'm trying to do - take this game seriously as Boo intended, and that way maybe the other players will have fun too. If that isn't the case, then I'll switch up, or just find somewhere else to play mafia.

LC - I agree, if you're in a set of three, finding one of the three would be better than being on your own.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

How do you know that?
Long Con wrote:Ok, Llama, I'll sit back and see how it goes. I think it's inevitable that people who bid on properties will be killed, and I'd like someone to convince me that that's not the case. That's all. I want to play this game to its full fun potential, and the way I see it, this is a BIG roadblock in the way of that. Of course I want to find my colour group and start building and making lots of money, that sounds fun. Just like the board game! Which is fun! Except in the board game, people don't vote you out for becoming successful, and baddies don't kill you for becoming successful, and everyone is on their own team to begin with.

Maybe if we all agree to be cool and NOT go after players who try to acquire more property? Is that something that can be? What does everyone think?
I don't believe you have a group to find.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Keys it almost seems like you are implying that we do it your way, or you are going to stop playing? Before you said you would stop posting, or might as well stop posting, now you are saying you will find somewhere else to play? I am not understanding your meaning in saying this. We do it your way or you won't play anymore?

I also want to take Boos game seriously, and take full advantage of the awesome mechanics he devised. I am not sure how that would be not taking the game seriously.

I asked this earlier, and I don't see that anyone has had an opinion of this~ what would benefit the known baddies, the rails/utilities, most? If we try to stay un-monopolized, or if we try to form monopolies?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

This game is going to be crazy. I want to play this game to its full potential. I don't like the idea of having to worry about being lynched for that reason.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

How do you know that?
Long Con wrote:Ok, Llama, I'll sit back and see how it goes. I think it's inevitable that people who bid on properties will be killed, and I'd like someone to convince me that that's not the case. That's all. I want to play this game to its full fun potential, and the way I see it, this is a BIG roadblock in the way of that. Of course I want to find my colour group and start building and making lots of money, that sounds fun. Just like the board game! Which is fun! Except in the board game, people don't vote you out for becoming successful, and baddies don't kill you for becoming successful, and everyone is on their own team to begin with.

Maybe if we all agree to be cool and NOT go after players who try to acquire more property? Is that something that can be? What does everyone think?
I don't believe you have a group to find.
Well, that doesn't answer my question at all. You just accused me of gunning for you, and then accused me of being a Utility. Neither are true.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Post by fingersplints »

Sorry for not paying any attention to this game. Been involved with the Zelda game, and busy. Hoping to be able to look over everything and try and figure out how it works tonight :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:I asked this earlier, and I don't see that anyone has had an opinion of this~ what would benefit the known baddies, the rails/utilities, most? If we try to stay un-monopolized, or if we try to form monopolies?
Trying to find our teammates will hurt the baddies more, because it will tell some Civvies who other Civvies are, and they can defend each other.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I asked this earlier, and I don't see that anyone has had an opinion of this~ what would benefit the known baddies, the rails/utilities, most? If we try to stay un-monopolized, or if we try to form monopolies?
Trying to find our teammates will hurt the baddies more, because it will tell some Civvies who other Civvies are, and they can defend each other.
I agree . I think if we don't search it will be a bunch of lost civs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote:
If I am understanding this correctly though, it won't tell civvies who other civvies are, because they won't be civvies anymore though, yes?
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote:
If I am understanding this correctly though, it won't tell civvies who other civvies are, because they won't be civvies anymore though, yes?
If only limited BTS forms, then those people remain civ. And the odds of that are high since 3 people searching for each other actually finding each other is slim. The two properties with only 2 cards have the highest chance of forming an actual monopoly. I think we are putting the cart before the horse here.

The thing that is confusing me, I guess, is all the worrying people are doing about what MIGHT happen if civs form monopolies and become indies rather than worrying about two actual baddie teams that have kills. And I just reread the Utilities, those guys are super powerful. They know roles, plus they have a bidding advantage if those known cards come up for sale.

So people finger pointing already over *might* strikes me as worrisome. And I think that vanilla civvies with no earning power are sitting ducks for the baddies. But last I looked it was a free country (at least the various countries we all come from seem to be somewhat free in varying degrees) so if people choose to not search, that's cool. But i don't want people telling me I am suspicious becasue I want to search.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote:
If only limited BTS forms, then those people remain civ. And the odds of that are high since 3 people searching for each other actually finding each other is slim. The two properties with only 2 cards have the highest chance of forming an actual monopoly. I think we are putting the cart before the horse here.

The thing that is confusing me, I guess, is all the worrying people are doing about what MIGHT happen if civs form monopolies and become indies rather than worrying about two actual baddie teams that have kills. And I just reread the Utilities, those guys are super powerful. They know roles, plus they have a bidding advantage if those known cards come up for sale.

So people finger pointing already over *might* strikes me as worrisome. And I think that vanilla civvies with no earning power are sitting ducks for the baddies. But last I looked it was a free country (at least the various countries we all come from seem to be somewhat free in varying degrees) so if people choose to not search, that's cool. But i don't want people telling me I am suspicious becasue I want to search.
Agreed. Additionally, $earching can narrow down who might be bad.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm definitely searching. :shrug:
Gro-oo-ovy
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

keys56000000000 wrote:Birdwithteeth, I'm not saying lynch people for searching for their teammates. I don't want to lynch civs, I never said I would. I'm saying that if you find your teammates, we will have to lynch you. That is just a fact, as Boo has stated. Our priority should be the mafia with the kill, but after that the priority is to reach our win conditions, right? And that's going to mean lynching, or killing off via some other means, the other teams.
Oh yeah. I completely agree with you there. But I don't think the best way to go about this is to not search for our respective teammates. I think anyone who doesn't do that makes it that much harder to win.

And looking back, anyone who doesn't find their teammates needs anyone with teammates dead in order to win. So that totally defeats the purpose of not searching for me.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

I can't help but be a little $u$piciou$ of the people voting for Epigno$i$. Fell$ like an ea$y lynch train, if you know what I mean.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:I can't help but be a little $u$piciou$ of the people voting for Epigno$i$. Fell$ like an ea$y lynch train, if you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean, oh wi$e and fair $ir llama.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:I can't help but be a little $u$piciou$ of the people voting for Epigno$i$. Fell$ like an ea$y lynch train, if you know what I mean.
How come you're using the dollar signs as well? Did I miss the memo?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Elohcin wrote:
How come you're using the dollar signs as well? Did I miss the memo?
Because 2 votes for Epignosis is such a lynch train this early.... and the dollar signs sounds like a teammate connection signs. Why is Llama so weary this early for 2 Epignosis votes? Hmmmm purrr.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

That was supposed to be in sarcastic orange too :p
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't think Epi is bad, or at least I don't think he has BTSC yet... but if he has a majority vote 10 minutes before deadline you can bet your $weet bippy that I'll vote for him and then try to take his card. :slick:
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 51

Post by zeek »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't think Epi is bad, or at least I don't think he has BTSC yet... but if he has a majority vote 10 minutes before deadline you can bet your $weet bippy that I'll vote for him and then try to take his card. :slick:
Yeah, pretty sure this will be standard. Not criticising at all, but we'll all probably do this at some point and vote patterns won't be that helpful. It's also going to make bandwagons very likely amd less likely to result in a mafia lynch.

I understand the thoughts on Epi but don't necessarily agree. I expected some people to flash the cash early and I'm not that surprised its him. Dunno, as usual he's not defending himself so its hard to tell what to make of it :haha:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

zeek wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't think Epi is bad, or at least I don't think he has BTSC yet... but if he has a majority vote 10 minutes before deadline you can bet your $weet bippy that I'll vote for him and then try to take his card. :slick:
Yeah, pretty sure this will be standard. Not criticising at all, but we'll all probably do this at some point and vote patterns won't be that helpful. It's also going to make bandwagons very likely amd less likely to result in a mafia lynch.

I understand the thoughts on Epi but don't necessarily agree. I expected some people to flash the cash early and I'm not that surprised its him. Dunno, as usual he's not defending himself so its hard to tell what to make of it :haha:
I'm waiting to hear what he says about it before I proceed. Because how I feel about him depends on what his response is.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Long Con »

@boo:
boo wrote:1st: Add a die (Allows the player who uses it to add a third dice roll to anyone they want)
2nd: Get a chance card (Allows the player who uses it to give 1 player of their choice a random chance card)
Can the owner of the third dice roll add it to their own roll? Do they have to inform you they're using it before the daily roll, or can they add it after seeing the result?

Can the owner of the Chance card 'give' it to themselves, or just to another player?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
zeek wrote:

I'm waiting to hear what he says about it before I proceed. Because how I feel about him depends on what his response is.
You are waiting to see what Epig says about what - about jumping on the lynch train to bidsville, or about flashing the cash early?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DharmaHelper »

Po$$e$$ionle$$ne$$e$
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
zeek wrote:

Very well. The current fear and debate can be traced to the concern that a civilian can only grow in power by hunting for a match. I find that I already have the power to grow in power- my wallet. An individual here did not take kindly to my penchant for the dollar mark; therefore I have written my reply without utilizing a particular letter of the alphabet.

:D
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 356
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted sockface because no reason.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
zeek wrote:

Very well. The current fear and debate can be traced to the concern that a civilian can only grow in power by hunting for a match. I find that I already have the power to grow in power- my wallet. An individual here did not take kindly to my penchant for the dollar mark; therefore I have written my reply without utilizing a particular letter of the alphabet.

That's... pretty decent. :haha:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Look, building hotels is the only way we can get money (barring a few chance cards and an occasional pass go.) The Mafia have ample ability to make money and use it to buy property and other goodies, while at the same time depleting our money. If we run out of money, we die. This strategy hands victory to the railroads and utilities. Please think about it for two seconds before posting a reactionary NO U response. You, MM, Long Con, and Keys are working on behalf of the baddies with this sort of talk.
llama, if you win an auction and gain a property card, we can't just assume your role is of the same colour. There's a chance you are trying to prevent another particular player from getting the property, sure. There's also a chance you're a baddie and are collecting sets yourself. I'm using your name as an example.

Long Con's ideas sound ideal, but I'm not committing to a strategy. I'm realizing that this game is going to require a lot of reaction decisions, and any preconceived strategies could get shot to ribbons in a second.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:llama, if you win an auction and gain a property card, we can't just assume your role is of the same colour. There's a chance you are trying to prevent another particular player from getting the property, sure. There's also a chance you're a baddie and are collecting sets yourself. I'm using your name as an example.
Also, it's a good way to make a little extra cash - get control of a property you don't need/want, and auction it off for more to someone who really needs it! :srsnod:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Look, building hotels is the only way we can get money (barring a few chance cards and an occasional pass go.) The Mafia have ample ability to make money and use it to buy property and other goodies, while at the same time depleting our money. If we run out of money, we die. This strategy hands victory to the railroads and utilities. Please think about it for two seconds before posting a reactionary NO U response. You, MM, Long Con, and Keys are working on behalf of the baddies with this sort of talk.
llama, if you win an auction and gain a property card, we can't just assume your role is of the same colour. There's a chance you are trying to prevent another particular player from getting the property, sure. There's also a chance you're a baddie and are collecting sets yourself. I'm using your name as an example.
I don't disagree with any of that.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epi you told me to shush last time I asked this but I'm still asking again. Do you think Elo is bad?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:Epi you told me to shush last time I asked this but I'm still asking again. Do you think Elo is bad?
I wanted to determine if $he wa$ paying attention. $he i$.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
zeek wrote:

You are waiting to see what Epig says about what - about jumping on the lynch train to bidsville, or about flashing the cash early?
$orry. About the jumping on the Bid$ville Expre$$. I thought I had $tated that, but I mu$t have forgotten to do $o.

Ye$. I made that more wordy on purpo$e. What of it? :P
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:Epi you told me to shush last time I asked this but I'm still asking again. Do you think Elo is bad?
Now I see why you told me to shush, and I can see why after Dr. Who you'd want to know if she was paying attention. Lol. Also I see you've gone back to the annoying $.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
zeek wrote:

Hmmmmm....alright. Fair enough.

I'm going to keep u$ing this $ymbol though, becau$e I'm enjoying it. Or until I get $ick and tired of having to make thi$ adju$tment.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Now I see why you told me to shush, and I can see why after Dr. Who you'd want to know if she was paying attention. Lol. Also I see you've gone back to the annoying $.
Never $topped!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Never $topped!
Never have I heard a truer claim.

Will there come a time when it will come to a halt?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not playing mafia until the ca$h signs are gone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Never $topped!
Never have I heard a truer claim.

Will there come a time when it will come to a halt?
I am nearly certain there will. :rip:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi, I dare you to never use words that have "s" or any of its substitutes for the rest of the game :eek:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm not playing mafia until the ca$h signs are gone.
I am going to utilize them every time I make a reply.

Why, I've even replaced them in that line above.

Linki: May your epitaph be filled with the ninteenth letter.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Oh snapsies it looks like MM is onboard. Surely Epi must accept this challenge.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Epi, I dare you to never use words that have "s" or any of its substitutes for the rest of the game :eek:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I bet 50 Monopoly $'s that Epi makes it further in this challenge than MM does.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I bet 50 Monopoly $'s that Epi makes it further in this challenge than MM does.
Rob may practice the art of eloquent word formation in our native tongue, and make a living through it...

But I play to win. :feb:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Turnip Head wrote:I bet 50 Monopoly $'s that Epi makes it further in this challenge than MM does.
@Boo: Can we actually do thi$?

If $o, I bet $100 that Epig win$. :D
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The game will be mighty atypical (and doubly fun!) without the utilization of that crucial character.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Rob may practice the art of eloquent word formation in our native tongue, and make a living through it...

But I play to win. :feb:
:feb:

Depending on the betting, I could be willing to throw thi

:eek:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »