Anyone willing to sub in to a "reverse" game?

Kick back and relax at The Lounge, where you can discuss any other matter related to mafia games or The Syndicate. Mafia game strategists, look no further!

Moderator: Community Team

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone willing to sub in to a "reverse" game?

Post by timmer »

I'm running a mafia game on an Academy Awards/movies site: awardswatch.com/forums. It's theme is "Films of 2014" and I need a sub.

the thing is, before you jump in, know that they play mafia in reverse.

You do NOt know the roles. You ARE allowed, and are often expected, to infodump.

Knowing when and how to reveal your info is part of the art of this style of mafia.

Not knowing the roles, the mafia has to wait to see what the townies start to hint at about their roles and then try to lie about theirs, as once the mafia's theme is revealed when one dies, the rest would get screwed if they had used their real roles.

Anyway, let me know ASAP if you are interested and I'll parachute you right in! We don't normally let brand new members play to avoid cheating by members etc. but I would obviously personally vouch for you, and it's my game anyway :noble:

Oh, and one last bit of color... there are some post restrictions out there. Let's just say that one guy is Groot. All he can ever say, the entire game, is "I am Groot". :feb:
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone willing to sub in to a "reverse" game?

Post by Dom »

I wish I had time, Timmer! But it's great to see you <3
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Timmer I'd love to do it for you but I'm terrible in those games where you don't know the roles. Roxy and bea and Turnip Head are good at them.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by timmer »

Not coincidentally, Roxy has joined the game, lol!

But, I actually could use another replacement, so if anyonewants to try a wacky different game AND play in a game with Roxy... let me know.
My siggie.

Return to “The Lounge”