Pantheon: Still a Work In Progress

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 3

Pantheon: Still a Work In Progress

Post by S~V~S »

1/16~ I am still not happy with this~ it needs more time to work itself out. it won't be submitted to this poll

Battle for Eternity
This is a work in progress, individual roles must be set, pictures finished (or resized, lol), etc. Comments, critiques are welcome :)

It is 4 teams, plus a few indies. All civ teams have potential for temporary BTSC. The game starts with no Mafia, and the Night Zero Poll determines which pantheon is the mafia (which will remain unknown until one of its members is lynched)~ there is no info to be had, all Pantheons start the game on equal footing. The Mafia gains a nightly kill and a few other perks. The other three teams comprise the civvies, and a nightly kill rotates between them. This may seem like a lot of killing, but there is also a lot of blocking, immunity from certain kinds of deaths, etc.

The Indies are the only team that start the game with BTSC, and the only team than will maintain it throughout the game.

Stating which pantheon you belong to is forbidden in the main thread, as is hinting. The hosts may or may not be lame at catching role hints, so we are asking that players point such out to us if they see it, and not bitch about it in the thread; there might be rewards and the perpetrators might be punished. Direct outing of others is also forbidden, and will be punished severely~ whether the outing is right or wrong. Questions will not be answered in the thread~ questions will be answered by PM only (and PMs~ host or otherwise~ may not be reproduced in any thread- and there may be more than one). We may choose to clarify in thread if there are many questions on a particular point, but we also may choose not to do so.

There is a great deal of reincarnation built into this game. The dead remain in BTSC after death if their team has (or gains) BTSC, and the dead win with their team, although ones influence on the thread dies with one. There are quite a few secrets in game~ some may be revealed, some may not.

Civvies need to kill the Mafia to win, and the Mafia needs to outnumber the civs OR kill them all, whichever happens first. Should the civs win, the Pantheon with the highest number of living members will win a banner in addition to the main winners banner.

The Arbiters have secret win conditions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Arbiters: In any other pantheon, these two would be Gods in their own right. But they had the misfortune of being associated with monotheistic religions, and had to settle for right hand man. They decide any lynch ties (and can do a few other things as well~), and their win conditions are secret.

ImageMoses

ImageJohn the Baptist

Greek Gods

The Roman Gods were posers, copycatting the Greek Gods. The Greek Gods were the srsbsns Mediterranean pantheon, and they represent here. They are one big, inbred, contentious family all having pretty much descended from the same two ancestors. The first attempt to lynch one of them will result in a bolt shot from Mt Olympus that sends the lynch in a random direction AWAY from Mt Olympus. Since ALL lynch deflections/switches/stops will be written as if they were caused by a bolt from Mt Olympus, however, it will not be known when this actually happens. The Greeks will then be awarded the night power of the person who was lynched in their stead for two uses on the nights of their choice. If that person has no usable night power, they will be able to select a power from a list (gaining temp BTSC if they do not have BTSC in order to do so).

Image Zeus

Image Dionysus
Image Aphrodite
Image Athena

Norse Gods

The Norse Gods were the ancestral Gods of the Scandanavians, Germans and Dutch. The names were varied but the roles were the same. These guys like war, fighting, drinking, and drunken warlike shenanigans. Being lynched is a proud warlike death that leads one to Valhalla for a well deserved eternity of drinking, fighting and wenching. A night kill, not so much. the first NKed member of this pantheon will get a second chance, and will be reincarnated as a different member of their pantheon a number of days (based on a dice roll) after their death, and the entire pantheon will be unlynchable that day.

Image Odin
Image Loki
Image Frigga
Image Holle

HINDU PANTHEON: The only pantheon in current circulation with a statistically significant number of living adherents, the Hindu Pantheon is a survivor, and has staying power. The first dead member of this pantheon will be reincarnated as an avatar of their original role (with different powers)~ the time they remain in the after life will be determined by dice roll. The remaining members of the pantheon cannot be NKed the night following the first death.

Image Ganesh
Image Shiva
Image Kali
Image Shakti

EGYPTIAN PANTHEON: The Egyptians sought to conquer death, and it became the centerpiece of much of their religious ritual. Each night they may seek the wisdom of the dead via a host PM to the dead player of their choice. They may only speak with that player one time, and if they have not answered the host query halfway through the night, the Egyptians may choose a different dead player, and will be able to attempt to recontact the original player another night. They may not request direct info, just opinion, and they may not pass on direct info. The Egyptians may choose to reincarnate any dead member of their pantheon at any time once in the game, and will be unable to be lynched the day they choose to do so.

Image Osiris
Image Anubis
Image Isis
Image Tawaret? (tee hee)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Pantheon: Battle for Eternity

Post by Roxy »

Yay! Cool ideas ladies! I am excited b/c I don't think i have ever been hosted by Juliets although I have hosted her many times <3

This game will totes rock! :drums:
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank You :)

You did not play Dogma~ JC is an awesome cohost, she kept my feet on the ground, and is so much fun in the thread (much more fun than I, I am more hands off as a host).

And there will be tons of opportunities for manipulation in this game, voting and otherwise.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Looks great ladies!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Pantheon: Still a Work In Progress

Post by thellama73 »

Holy cow this looks awesome. Count me in.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Pantheon: Still a Work In Progress

Post by S~V~S »

Both Fight Club & Timmers submission of WoT have led me to dust this off and bring it back to the drawing board. I like the "faction" dynamic and have wanted to work with it, as well as the "rot from within" thing. I just worry about how the civs can be worked without totally being undermined in a smaller game. I originally set it up for 26-30, but want to try to do it with 19, maybe 18, 4 pantheons of 4, 2 arbiters, and a mafia of 3 mixed in~ so one pantheon will be mafia free, to ratchet up the "hometown" factor.

The Mafia was originally set up this way, I could see that working too, but the rot-from-within dynamic is alluring to me:
It is 4 teams, plus a few indies. All civ teams have potential for temporary BTSC. The game starts with no Mafia, and the Night Zero Poll determines which pantheon is the mafia (which will remain unknown until one of its members is lynched)~ there is no info to be had, all Pantheons start the game on equal footing. The Mafia gains a nightly kill and a few other perks. The other three teams comprise the civvies, and a nightly kill rotates between them. This may seem like a lot of killing, but there is also a lot of blocking, immunity from certain kinds of deaths, etc.
I think spreading the Mafia out might work better than this^^

I have to play with this.

Suggestions are welcome. I want to add a few roles to this outline to have 4 per Pantheon, plus the arbiters, and i can add one or two roles outside these groups.

Return to “The Basement”