Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:What did bother me was my interactions this game with certain players, that just took the fun out of it for me. :shrug:
I thought that was our thing.
Definitely not you.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 8]

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If I were Ukita, I would go find some sprinkles because I would be straight up vanilla this game.
Not once did I consider using my power. I forgot about it toward the end tbh.
The reasoning behind your power was that you could use it to save L if you and he ever gained BTSC. Other than that, I can see why one in your position would never use it.
Hopefully you've learned the drawbacks in designing roles for specific situations :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

I do feel vindicated in my theory that Ricochet is always bad though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:So, if Higuchi wouldn't have killed me, would Kami have won with me alive? I knew who she was after she received a secret vote.
Correct. Since you never gained BTSC with Light (and couldn't have), Light didn't need you dead to win the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If I were Ukita, I would go find some sprinkles because I would be straight up vanilla this game.
The reasoning behind your power was that you could use it to save L if you and he ever gained BTSC. Other than that, I can see why one in your position would never use it.
Hopefully you've learned the drawbacks in designing roles for specific situations :P
But I understood those drawbacks when I constructed the game, and I used it on purpose knowing its drawbacks.

Think what you want, but I still stand by my assertion that I balanced this game to the best of my ability, and the detectives had plenty of opportunities to win this game. :shrug:
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

What was with the Higuchi PM at the end?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

MP: "Me against my brother, my brother and I against my cousin, and all of us against the stranger."

Most Kira group needed the detectives dead to win. My assertion was that the detectives were not going to win. Ryuk might as well want to kill detectives with Light. That's just my view though. I wasn't a detective (and never pretended to be one), so someone else might think differently.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:What was with the Higuchi PM at the end?
That was directly related to Black Rock (Reiji Namikawa)'s power, where she received the "real identity" of Higuchi, which in reality was a survey of who the detectives and Light thought Higuchi was.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:I do feel vindicated in my theory that Ricochet is always bad though.
Only thing I'm bad at is losing, which is why I choose to win instead.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:
But I understood those drawbacks when I constructed the game, and I used it on purpose knowing its drawbacks.

Think what you want, but I still stand by my assertion that I balanced this game to the best of my ability, and the detectives had plenty of opportunities to win this game. :shrug:
Like if, for example, I hadn't been such a failure at finding Kiras.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
zeek wrote:What was with the Higuchi PM at the end?
That was directly related to Black Rock (Reiji Namikawa)'s power, where she received the "real identity" of Higuchi, which in reality was a survey of who the detectives and Light thought Higuchi was.
Didn't even realise. But, hey, I guessed right :grin:
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Post by AceofSpaces »

Good game everyone! I really enjoyed it as my first game back in a long time. I know you probably wont believe me, but I actually had a lot of my fellow Y-Groupies pegged pretty early on. Epi was the easiest to figure out.

I think MP did a great job capturing the essence of the show in this game. My only regret is that I didn't last long enough to fully use my role.

P.S Who killed me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:MP: "Me against my brother, my brother and I against my cousin, and all of us against the stranger."

Most Kira group needed the detectives dead to win. My assertion was that the detectives were not going to win. Ryuk might as well want to kill detectives with Light. That's just my view though. I wasn't a detective (and never pretended to be one), so someone else might think differently.
But the fact that the Sympathizers went all game with so many events working in their favor, as well as the fact that boo sacrificed his own win con, among other factors, but most importantly the fact that the detectives could have won in the final hour convinces me otherwise. But you're entitled to your opinion. I just finally feel I came up with the most balance game I ever have, and I had my doubts before the game ran, and even while it was running, but the way it progressed and ended convinced me that the integrity was upheld.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I apologize to anyone I may have bothered or offended this game. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play a game as an invincible, outed baddie, and I just wanted to take full advantage of it.

Linki @llama: We knew who you were before you admitted to Daisy in BTSC. I'm so proud of her for playing that so well. That was easily the most crucial point in the game for us.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

AceofSpaces wrote:Good game everyone! I really enjoyed it as my first game back in a long time. I know you probably wont believe me, but I actually had a lot of my fellow Y-Groupies pegged pretty early on. Epi was the easiest to figure out.

I think MP did a great job capturing the essence of the show in this game. My only regret is that I didn't last long enough to fully use my role.

P.S Who killed me?
Spacedaisy did, I think because she thought you were a detective. She can confirm (or deny) that.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I apologize to anyone I may have bothered or offended this game. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play a game as an invincible, outed baddie, and I just wanted to take full advantage of it.

Linki @llama: We knew who you were before you admitted to Daisy in BTSC. I'm so proud of her for playing that so well. That was easily the most crucial point in the game for us.
By the time I got to Daisy, I was desperate. I knew I had basically no chance of winning at that point. Otherwise I would have been more cautious. But she was incredibly convincing. Great game, Daisy.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

AceofSpaces wrote:Good game everyone! I really enjoyed it as my first game back in a long time. I know you probably wont believe me, but I actually had a lot of my fellow Y-Groupies pegged pretty early on. Epi was the easiest to figure out.

P.S Who killed me?
I promoted your kill.

When we killed SVS, I reread and made a list of every player who I thought could be her BTSC partner. You were number 1 on the list. Zomba was Number 2.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I tried to help the detectives at the end. lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I apologize to anyone I may have bothered or offended this game. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play a game as an invincible, outed baddie, and I just wanted to take full advantage of it.

By the time I got to Daisy, I was desperate. I knew I had basically no chance of winning at that point. Otherwise I would have been more cautious. But she was incredibly convincing. Great game, Daisy.
It was such a strange situation of me trying to prevent the other detectives from lynching you. :stare:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

Turnip, did you genuinely think I was bad at the end?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

I thought you were bad the whole game. I was writing a vote post voting for you when i was killed. I thought YOU were Light, and MM was who he was.

This game almost cured me of Mafia. Almost. Midday kills=harshest mechanic ever.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

DH, maybe you couldn't use your powers but I couldn't kill you with L alive either. And I didn't know it until TH chose to reveal it.

Frankly if so much time had not been wasted on yotsuba lunches and lynching people who were clearly unlynchable, the game may have been drastically different. Plus I didn't know who my team even was, I had a good chance of killing my own teammates. Mikami was important, andI didn't discover him until late in the game. We constantly had to balance our kills trying to decide who might be mikami.

Linki @Llama, I had so much fun in chat with you, especially since it was longer than expected. And I already had you figured out before you told me. Also, my gut had told me for a while that DH was mello and you were L, but for some reason I doubted myself. Then it became clear to me later I was right.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:MP: "Me against my brother, my brother and I against my cousin, and all of us against the stranger."

But the fact that the Sympathizers went all game with so many events working in their favor, as well as the fact that boo sacrificed his own win con, among other factors, but most importantly the fact that the detectives could have won in the final hour convinces me otherwise. But you're entitled to your opinion. I just finally feel I came up with the most balance game I ever have, and I had my doubts before the game ran, and even while it was running, but the way it progressed and ended convinced me that the integrity was upheld.
But boo won, so he didn't sacrifice anything. :p

I don't want you to be defensive. I think you had a wonderful, intricate game. I've said so many times to you in PM. And my purpose is to have fun- I did plenty of that.

However, my position that allied (or mostly allied) characters who are unlynchable or unkillable is the same: In Mafia, if you cannot get rid of a threat to your side (even if you know that threat is bad) either through lynching or killing, your game can easily become unbalanced in endgame situations. In chess, a pawn by itself may not be much, but play chess with someone who is using a pawn that cannot be removed from the board.

Different game entirely. ;)
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

MP, I admire the effort and creativity you put into this game but I hope you won't take this the wrong way:

I'm looking forward to a normal game after this :P :haha:

linki - Lol duly noted. I did not have the time this game to suffocate you all with enthusiastic civ Zeek.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

To be fair, I also though the game design was slightly Kira-sided, and that's coming from a Symph, but I xan develop on that later. I'm sorry to hear DH didn't get much out of this game, I can relate to never getting to use your power and, some really bad form aside, I enjoyed his banter ways with Epig.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This was probably the most fun I have ever had in a mafia game, and I see that if the breaks had gone differently and if I had played better we might have won.

I do agree with Epi about unlynchable roles being really frustrating though. We knew Mata and MM were Kira sympathizers, and we could not get rid of them.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:I thought you were bad the whole game. I was writing a vote post voting for you when i was killed. I thought YOU were Light, and MM was who he was.

This game almost cured me of Mafia. Almost. Midday kills=harshest mechanic ever.
Sorry about that, it was Daisy's idea for the midday kill. I liked the idea though. Elohcin made an observation that Kira could have a kill go through at 2:30 PM. So we decided to prove it and kill you at 2:30 PM. :hugs:

Also, we intentionally killed Russ exactly 48 hours after one of his posts, since he was obviously Mogi.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

ha ha ha

Glad that was fun for you :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:DH, maybe you couldn't use your powers but I couldn't kill you with L alive either. And I didn't know it until TH chose to reveal it.

Frankly if so much time had not been wasted on yotsuba lunches and lynching people who were clearly unlynchable, the game may have been drastically different. Plus I didn't know who my team even was, I had a good chance of killing my own teammates. Mikami was important, andI didn't discover him until late in the game. We constantly had to balance our kills trying to decide who might be mikami.

Linki @Llama, I had so much fun in chat with you, especially since it was longer than expected. And I already had you figured out before you told me. Also, my gut had told me for a while that DH was mello and you were L, but for some reason I doubted myself. Then it became clear to me later I was right.
Rem could have lynched both myself and Near though :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

*killed

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:DH, maybe you couldn't use your powers but I couldn't kill you with L alive either. And I didn't know it until TH chose to reveal it.

And...

TH never chose to reveal Mello/Near's secrets.

Right MP? :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

All in all I thought this was a great game. I wish I coud have played more attention but those are the breaks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, duly noted. I didn't mean to come across as defensive; I appreciate the feedback from you and everyone else, constructive criticism and otherwise. And yeah, I know, boo won :P , but I didn't intend on that when I wrote the roles. I decided to give him an exception on a specific basis.

zeek, and everyone else, I understand both the frustration associated with failed lynches as well as the insane amount of detail that went into the game (and how it was unconventional). Both were risks I took with the game design, so I understand that frustration could be a byproduct of it. I considered many, many different angles to this game, but in the end, decided on what you saw unfold here, and I'm sure it wasn't perfect. But I certainly had a lot of fun. :feb: And I'm glad that many of you did too. :)

I certainly don't intend on reusing many of the mechanics employed this game again, since they were really manifestations of the theme.

Llama, you have to tell everyone about what happened with Elo. :haha:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Which Kira killed me and why? After Epi wrongly asserted I was a yotsuba I weakly denied it and never corrected him again when he said it leaving i was yotsuba, so I just left the thought out there. Someone must have role checked me and found i was detective?

Also Dharma what was that gibberish that epi kept saying was Henry V, Act 2.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I particularly enjoyed my interactions with TH this game, and now officially consider him my mafia nemesis. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:This was probably the most fun I have ever had in a mafia game, and I see that if the breaks had gone differently and if I had played better we might have won.

I do agree with Epi about unlynchable roles being really frustrating though. We knew Mata and MM were Kira sympathizers, and we could not get rid of them.
After trying so hard to recruit me in American Gods, could you not get BTSC with me in this game?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:

And...

TH never chose to reveal Mello/Near's secrets.

Right MP? :P
Ha, indeed. I figured that would happen once both of you were working on the additional secrets, and I knew that Kira and his team were working hard to get rid of Mello and Near before L... It was so hard not to say anything!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:Which Kira killed me and why? After Epi wrongly asserted I was a yotsuba I weakly denied it and never corrected him again when he said it leaving i was yotsuba, so I just left the thought out there. Someone must have role checked me and found i was detective?

Some monologue I found from Henry V Act 2 that I just ran through an encoder.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:Which Kira killed me and why? After Epi wrongly asserted I was a yotsuba I weakly denied it and never corrected him again when he said it leaving i was yotsuba, so I just left the thought out there. Someone must have role checked me and found i was detective?

LOL, what was that about, by the way?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama, you have to tell everyone about what happened with Elo. :haha:
Oh yeah, that was the funniest thing ever. :)

I asked Eloh what role she was in chat, and she immediately outed herself. Then she asked me who I was and I was like "Um, you just role claimed a Kira sympathizer. I'm not telling you." That's when she realized L was not the same role as Light. :haha:

She was so pissed off.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

LOL, what was that about, by the way?
Was bored. :meany:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I did not think you were bad. Very early on, I read you as Yotsuba. I stuck by it to try to keep you alive.

I *was* trying to help detectives. :meany:
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

I was amazed at how balanced the game was- baddies start out with a major handicap in any game with a rolechecker. 2 rolecheckers, and btsc with L? That pretty much balanced out things. Llama, I thought you were a female.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Llama, you have to tell everyone about what happened with Elo. :haha:

I asked Eloh what role she was in chat, and she immediately outed herself. Then she asked me who I was and I was like "Um, you just role claimed a Kira sympathizer. I'm not telling you." That's when she realized L was not the same role as Light. :haha:

She was so pissed off.
Ha.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That would be Bass who killed you.

And that gibberish was DH coding a section of a Shakespeare play. I'm not really sure what DH was trying to do at that point, lol.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:

She was so pissed off.
:haha:

This was the funniest thing all game. I wish I had saved the dialogue.

And it's why I "allowed" the role outing of Elo by L without him saying exactly what her role was... because her outing to L was essentially the same as if Elo had outed herself in thread. XD
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:This was probably the most fun I have ever had in a mafia game, and I see that if the breaks had gone differently and if I had played better we might have won.

After trying so hard to recruit me in American Gods, could you not get BTSC with me in this game?
Frankly, I thought you were bad and I thought you would immediately peg me as L if I chatted with you. Also, I kind of wanted to frame you as L so the baddies would try to kill you instead of me. Running a report on you would have made hat harder. That's why I ran a report on myself.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:

She was so pissed off.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Even now she's trying to explain it to me and she's saying Light!

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Don't feel so bad Eloh, at least you didn't out your entire team. #Spongebob #NeverForget

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That's why she went after BR or bea- she thought L was a girl!

Return to “Previous Jobs”