Dragon Ball Z Mafia

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3

Dragon Ball Z Mafia

Post by Bullzeye »

This is an idea I'd been playing about with for a while and kept abandoning because of uni work. It could go either full or shorter, but I'm leaning towards full. Will be heavily influenced by the TFS 'Abridged' parody series but also true to the original Dragon Ball Z - though I almost definitely won't include characters from every saga because that'd just be crazy.

I'm planning on including the Dragon Balls themselves as an actual thing but figuring out a way to make wishes balanced is complicated.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Dragon Ball Z Mafia

Post by Long Con »

The dragonballs can be used like they are so often on the show... For a resurrection. The first seven nights, players could compete for Dragonballs, and when they're all found, everyone gets one secret vote per Dragonball that they have, voting for who to rez.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I had thought to let people wish for whatever they want, within reason (no immortality etc.) but the rez only idea works quite well. In that situation I'd let dead players compete for them and be able to wish themselves back because presumably a player who puts in that much effort is someone who will be one of the top contributors. My plan so far is this:

7 DBs, competitions to win each one (but maybe one or two hidden in the thread or given through other means). If you have one, nobody else can get it but you may choose to give it away. If you get killed or lynched, it's up for grabs. Get all seven, make your wish, Balls are scattered to the winds and available to be found again. BTSC partners share but still only get one wish. Players can only wish once and can't bring back someone who has already been resurrected - nor can they wish anybody dead. Thinking of having their existence tied to Kami/Piccolo's life but I just know if I did that both roles would be dead by day 2.

Would appreciate if anyone has any feedback on that :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I definitely like the idea of hiding things in the thread; I always loved a good Easter Egg hunt. I remember in rabbitss LOST: Rev game, all the time we spent highlighting his sigs and quoting posts to looks for hidden prizes. Lots of work for both host & players, but also lots of fun :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:I definitely like the idea of hiding things in the thread; I always loved a good Easter Egg hunt. I remember in rabbitss LOST: Rev game, all the time we spent highlighting his sigs and quoting posts to looks for hidden prizes. Lots of work for both host & players, but also lots of fun :D
And don't forget THE FLAG damnit that he said he hid and forgot to do it and so while he went away for a delightful holiday over Labor Day (or maybe it was Memorial Day)us suckers playing his game looked fruitlessly for a flag that wasn't there. Though we love wabbit anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

What is this TFS Abridged Parody series you speak of? I've watched the entirety of Dragonball Z, so I'm sure I could appreciate a good parody.

Do you have the roles worked out at all? Which characters will be in, how many roles do you expect the game to have? Just thinking about a DBZ game... serious cool fun potential! Will the Saiyans get to go Super Saiyan? Level 2, 3? :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: Good characters, pick and choose from a number of great villains for the baddies. I'm signing up now.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Long Con wrote:What is this TFS Abridged Parody series you speak of? I've watched the entirety of Dragonball Z, so I'm sure I could appreciate a good parody.

Do you have the roles worked out at all? Which characters will be in, how many roles do you expect the game to have? Just thinking about a DBZ game... serious cool fun potential! Will the Saiyans get to go Super Saiyan? Level 2, 3? :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: Good characters, pick and choose from a number of great villains for the baddies. I'm signing up now.
Search on Youtube for Dragonball Z Abridged, or alternatively check out http://www.teamfourstar.com. Team Four Star are a group of guys and their friends/colleagues who years ago decided it'd be cool to make a parody series of Dragon Ball Z (Also Yu-Gi-Oh) with all filler cut out. Season one deals with the Saiyan Saga and is just over an hour long. There are 40-odd episodes right now along with some of the films as well (History of Trunks is due out soon). They're just at the beginning of the Cell Saga currently, with Cell interfering in Piccolo's battle against Android 17 as the end of the most recent episode. Some of the powers and plot will be influenced by the parody, which isn't to say they'll be unrelated to the actual show because TFS are very true to the source material.

I have a lot of the roles worked out - 25-30ish so far. Teams are Goku et al, Saiyan baddies, Frieza baddies, Androids (as indies), Cell, Buu... My main struggle has been deciding who to keep and who to cut. Cell will probably be an indy SK and Buu is problematic because of all his forms and such. I'm not sure whether to give him a team comprised of other baddies from his Saga, have three Buus as one team, or have him transform at certain points as I might with Frieza. As it stands, the Ginyu Force are all being compiled into the role of Captain Ginyu and he will just choose whose power to use.

Super Saiyans will definitely be a feature and transformations will be triggered by events similar to the story. I think I'll keep it to just the base form though, but every Saiyan will be able to do it - even Raditz. Transformations will probably be permanent and have actual effects for the players. Fusion may or may not also become a thing - Piccolo, Kami, and Nail are all in so I might give them the potential to become a 3-way BTSC group. Gotenks is possible too.

EDIT: In fact, maybe three small baddie teams of Saiyans (Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz), Frieza (Frieza, Ginyu, ?), and the Androids (16,17,18) plus Cell and Buu as opposing SKs... There'd need to be a lot of civs to balance it out though.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

juliets wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I definitely like the idea of hiding things in the thread; I always loved a good Easter Egg hunt. I remember in rabbitss LOST: Rev game, all the time we spent highlighting his sigs and quoting posts to looks for hidden prizes. Lots of work for both host & players, but also lots of fun :D
And don't forget THE FLAG damnit that he said he hid and forgot to do it and so while he went away for a delightful holiday over Labor Day (or maybe it was Memorial Day)us suckers playing his game looked fruitlessly for a flag that wasn't there. Though we love wabbit anyway.

:hug: :hugs: You, me,Timmer and Golden. As sucky as that search was. As fucking pissed as we all were that it was indeed an impossible task that we all wasted a holiday weekend on. It was still my MOST favorite bts ever. The stockholm syndrome was eopc. It was a LMS game and in the end - I was diving too just so one of us could make it to the end. Fucking wabbit and his flags made *me* a teammember when I prolly shouldn''t have been. :p

To this day - I still can't figure out if I want to revenge him for the damn flag that wasn't there - or hug him. damn you waabit.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@bea - I honestly don't remember - were you actually a civ in that game?

We split up the entire site. And then we all split it up again. And again. We must have all basically read every post on every thread on the site.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bea was a civ.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I thought that was the serial killer game when none of us were.civ? OMG the.flags have tramatizwd me from remembering every other single detail!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe you are talking about that game. When I first brought up hiding stuff, I was referring to LOST:Rev. You were a civ in that.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

A DBZ game sounds amazing
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.

Return to “The Basement”