juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 2]

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:Canuck, I don't think you've played with me enough to recognize that cautious is my style. I like to vote on facts and am much less comfortable voting on feelings or gut. Thus, I try to look at each situation all the way around to see how much factual data is available. I play devils advocate though I don't voice this in the thread. I may ask questions that seem odd but usually that is me trying to make sure I see the situation from all sides. I feel as sure as it's going to get on MM this round because he voted for himself again this round, even after he knew this was problematic in the first round. I was less sure, but still very suspicious, before he did that but once he did it was the cherry on top. Check my vote - it came after his self vote.

I'm also not a case builder though I do sometimes build cases but not this early in the game. For me, this early in the game, this is my normal behavior. I understand that these things ping you and all I can do is explain my play style as much as possible.
How will you react after I flip as a civilian?
I don't think you are but if you turn out to be civ I will be sorry for my poor judgement. At the same time i join SVS in counseling you to give up on voting yourself at the beginning of games. It just causes you unnecessary grief because people are going to look at you for that behavior.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

If you flip civ, MM, I will change my rank to marmot in solidarity with you :noble:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 369
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:I'm less convinced of MM's civness than I was earlier today. His own admission of "giving up" last night and his not-so-awesome case against TH (merely intimating that someone might have btsc with someone else is not enough in this particular set-up, and I thought the attempts to construe that possible BTSC as necessarily baddie based on "Day 1 stuff" was not particularly convincing) have me questioning my earlier judgement of MM....but honestly, it's still not enough that I'm ready to vote for him.
Of course, at this point it doesn't really matter, since he seems to be as good as lynches anyway. I wish some more viable candidates would have come up so that I wouldn't feel as though I'm wasting my vote regardless of what I do. :sigh:
This post. You earlier said you think I'm not bad, but now are waffling based on things that happened before you said you think I'm not bad. That is why I don't understand. And you are accusing juliets of "going with the masses", even though she was one of the few to vote me Day 1, but whatever.

Also, the enlarged part of that post reminds me an awful lot of a certain instance in Death Note. I'm sure Zomba knows what I'm talking about.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Canuck it could be a way to lie low and not have to take a side in the voting but in this game it could mean he's the millionaire. Also I have seen people give up and vote themselves when they are bad and they have been caught. I would think its one of the latter two.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

It occurred to me that if MM is the Millionaire, and the lynch fails to go through, that's bad news. A lynch not going through explains "giving up," self-voting (again), and then deciding to come back swinging all too well. :|
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:If you flip civ, MM, I will change my rank to marmot in solidarity with you :noble:
How about a sig bet then? :)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Sophie »

voting MM

theres no freaking way i have time to catch up you people talk waaaaay waaaaay too much and im like 25 pages behind, so, yeah

from what i ve seen skimming the last few pages, he mightr be the baddie who gets more powerful the more votes he gets unless he gets lynched, and i see everyone went that way so i will

i have been in a trip on my familys home in other city and been crazy busy taking care of my 1 year old gorgeous sweet niece, barely being able to keeping up from long distance work (actually im behind), and trying to read all the pages i was behind when i started. i was 20 pages behind when i started, and, even though i read at nightime and got to page 12, you guys kept advancing at an insane speed rate and im way more behind now. i should be able to improve my speed and time of reading when i return to BA tomorrow, but since tomorrow i will be travelling by bus, and then in the uni, then thursday is the real day i may be able to keep up, or ill do my best to. for now this is all i can do.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:It occurred to me that if MM is the Millionaire, and the lynch fails to go through, that's bad news. A lynch not going through explains "giving up," self-voting (again), and then deciding to come back swinging all too well. :|
Do you have some way to stop the lynch?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:If you flip civ, MM, I will change my rank to marmot in solidarity with you :noble:
How about a sig bet then? :)
No, LC will face palm us.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Canucklehead »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:I'm less convinced of MM's civness than I was earlier today. His own admission of "giving up" last night and his not-so-awesome case against TH (merely intimating that someone might have btsc with someone else is not enough in this particular set-up, and I thought the attempts to construe that possible BTSC as necessarily baddie based on "Day 1 stuff" was not particularly convincing) have me questioning my earlier judgement of MM....but honestly, it's still not enough that I'm ready to vote for him.
Of course, at this point it doesn't really matter, since he seems to be as good as lynches anyway. I wish some more viable candidates would have come up so that I wouldn't feel as though I'm wasting my vote regardless of what I do. :sigh:
This post. You earlier said you think I'm not bad, but now are waffling based on things that happened before you said you think I'm not bad. That is why I don't understand. And you are accusing juliets of "going with the masses", even though she was one of the few to vote me Day 1, but whatever.

Also, the enlarged part of that post reminds me an awful lot of a certain instance in Death Note. I'm sure Zomba knows what I'm talking about.
What? I'm not waffling. I didn't want to vote for you before. I do not want to vote for you now.
The things which have nuanced (not reversed) my opinion about you happened very recently, and involved not o ly your original posts, but other people's reactions to them.
And I'm not accusing Juliets of going with the masses, I'm questioning her about the careful language of her posts.

But if you're interested in further antagonizing one of your only supporters, go right ahead and continue. :shrug: I haven't voted yet.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:It occurred to me that if MM is the Millionaire, and the lynch fails to go through, that's bad news. A lynch not going through explains "giving up," self-voting (again), and then deciding to come back swinging all too well. :|
:sigh: Yes.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:Canuck, I don't think you've played with me enough to recognize that cautious is my style. I like to vote on facts and am much less comfortable voting on feelings or gut. Thus, I try to look at each situation all the way around to see how much factual data is available. I play devils advocate though I don't voice this in the thread. I may ask questions that seem odd but usually that is me trying to make sure I see the situation from all sides. I feel as sure as it's going to get on MM this round because he voted for himself again this round, even after he knew this was problematic in the first round. I was less sure, but still very suspicious, before he did that but once he did it was the cherry on top. Check my vote - it came after his self vote.

I'm also not a case builder though I do sometimes build cases but not this early in the game. For me, this early in the game, this is my normal behavior. I understand that these things ping you and all I can do is explain my play style as much as possible.
I don't think you are but if you turn out to be civ I will be sorry for my poor judgement. At the same time i join SVS in counseling you to give up on voting yourself at the beginning of games. It just causes you unnecessary grief because people are going to look at you for that behavior.
I had legitimate reasons to do so in my last two games.

In this one, I was not in a good frame of mind to play mafia. After spending 26 hours in a library studying for finals (overnight), and taking said finals, I came home and popped in and saw that MP was causing/being caused grief while being in a similar situation. So I reacted instinctively, then I got some sleep.

But in the end, the only vote I control is my own. It is Day 2 now, so it is up to you if you feel like looking for something else that is suspicious. No matter what you say, I will do as I please. For all I know, I could not self-vote in the next game, and be accused of trying to avoid drawing suspicion to myself. That's just how things go. Rabbit may be right that self-voting is stupid and unproductive, but that does not make it "baddie behavior". I feel like I've made solid contributions to the game otherwise.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

What? I'm not waffling. I didn't want to vote for you before. I do not want to vote for you now.
The things which have nuanced (not reversed) my opinion about you happened very recently, and involved not o ly your original posts, but other people's reactions to them.
And I'm not accusing Juliets of going with the masses, I'm questioning her about the careful language of her posts.

But if you're interested in further antagonizing one of your only supporters, go right ahead and continue. :shrug: I haven't voted yet.
Just vote for me. No one else is going to be lynched, and it would be better to keep the votes away from the real millionaire.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
:sigh: Yes.
:haha: I should have known.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I had legitimate reasons to do so in my last two games.

In this one, I was not in a good frame of mind to play mafia. After spending 26 hours in a library studying for finals (overnight), and taking said finals, I came home and popped in and saw that MP was causing/being caused grief while being in a similar situation. So I reacted instinctively, then I got some sleep.

But in the end, the only vote I control is my own. It is Day 2 now, so it is up to you if you feel like looking for something else that is suspicious. No matter what you say, I will do as I please. For all I know, I could not self-vote in the next game, and be accused of trying to avoid drawing suspicion to myself. That's just how things go. Rabbit may be right that self-voting is stupid and unproductive, but that does not make it "baddie behavior". I feel like I've made solid contributions to the game otherwise.
Why didn't you say this when I asked you why you voted 2 days early in that day 1 vote? Instead you just said you did it impulsively (which is true but you left out the circumstances).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I didn't want to make IRL excuses, but now that it's too late, it doesn't really matter, at least to me. I just thought I would take responsibility for it, and a fat lot of good that did me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Voting MM, because it's an easy enough choice. :p
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Zombarella »

Bye MP. Take care. Hi Bass! I already suspect you because I suspected MP a little. I'm here to see how the vote turns out....
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Just vote for me. No one else is going to be lynched, and it would be better to keep the votes away from the real millionaire.
Lulz. Well now you're invoking my stubborn contrarian side, and there's no possible way I'll vote for you. :p
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Zombarella wrote:Bye MP. Take care. Hi Bass! I already suspect you because I suspected MP a little. I'm here to see how the vote turns out....
Wait. Did I miss the announcement where Bass is the one replacing MP? :huh:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:
Zombarella wrote:Bye MP. Take care. Hi Bass! I already suspect you because I suspected MP a little. I'm here to see how the vote turns out....
Apparently.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Canucklehead wrote:
Yes. :P
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Canucklehead wrote:
Yes. Black Rock replaced Bea and Bass replaced MP.

Did you also miss my post where I said that I'm on the lookout for people who might not be reading the thread?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Canucklehead wrote:
Yes.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Heh. Just testing you all.

:Uhh:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Zombarella wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

Did you also miss my post where I said that I'm on the lookout for people who might not be reading the thread?
No. I saw that one. I just thought that such a theory was so completely opposed to the MO of any baddie team I've ever been a part of that I didn't pay much heed to it. :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Zomba, just want to point this post out to you while you're here. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You're right, promise you'll try to refrain from self voting in the future. *votes MM* cause it's the right thing to do. Not because I think he's bad but because I don't want to help the millionaire. :sigh:
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

*votes MM*
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

Zombarella wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

I assume everyone just skims your posts.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

That other post was for the host.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Bass-- do you have any idea why MP made contradictory statements and didn't answer my questions? Any explanation would be nice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I saw it before and I'm trying to figure out what you mean.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Canucklehead wrote:
Zombarella wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

No. I saw that one. I just thought that such a theory was so completely opposed to the MO of any baddie team I've ever been a part of that I didn't pay much heed to it. :p
I don't think it's a baddie plot. I think it's human nature.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

More votes missed.

birdwithteeth11
Canucklehead
LizKeen
Zombarella

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Zombarella wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Zombarella wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

I don't think it's a baddie plot. I think it's human nature.
Ok. :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Black Rock voted for the host option
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh, while she was dead :derp:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Zombarella wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I was referring to this. :)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

S~V~S wrote:Black Rock voted for the host option
She did that when she was still dead. She voted in-thread as BR2.0.

linki: my redundant post is redundant! But instead of deleting it, I'm going to take the time to write this inanity! :cool:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Ummmmm......so I didn't vote.

I thought the poll ended at 4:23, because apparently I'm on drugs and wildly hallucinating insiginificant details about my life.

Ugh.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Zombarella wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Oh - you mean that Juliets is looking for a bandwagon rather than making a case. Good point. I would consider voting for her. But for now, I'm just going to hold my vote.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

This is just.....wow. I don't even know how I managed to fuck that one up. :sigh:

:wavesgoodbyetoherbeautifulpscore:

:(
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:Bass-- do you have any idea why MP made contradictory statements and didn't answer my questions? Any explanation would be nice.
Why would he have an explanation?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nono, Canucklehead, not juliets.

Linki: you're fine Canucklegoose, unless you miss three more votes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:
Dom wrote:Bass-- do you have any idea why MP made contradictory statements and didn't answer my questions? Any explanation would be nice.
Actually, this reminds me of when TH replaced in for Roxy in Film Directors. Dom was suspicious of Roxy, so he essentially asked TH to reread Roxy and make a case on her (himself).

Btw, Dom was bad in that game. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nono, Canucklehead, not juliets.

Linki: you're fine Canucklegoose, unless you miss three more votes.
oh sorry. i'm all messed up. canucklehead. right.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

At least tell us who you planned to vote for. Before the post goes up. :suspish:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Actually, this reminds me of when TH replaced in for Roxy in Film Directors. Dom was suspicious of Roxy, so he essentially asked TH to reread Roxy and make a case on her (himself).

Btw, Dom was bad in that game. :srsnod:
Noteworthy. LEt's remember this in the future in case it becomes relevant, since MM won't be around to remind us. :( Sorry, Marshy, I believed in you. Not 100% a dick. :noble:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

rabbit8 wrote:At least tell us who you planned to vote for. Before the post goes up. :suspish:
Is this directed at me?
I don't know who I was going to vote for....which is why I hadn't voted yet. I guess I may have ended up going with juliets? Or maybe a warning vote for a low poster? That's something I often do when I'm at a loss. I really dunno who it would have been, probably someone silly based on a last minute panic.
It wouldn't have been MM, though, just to piss him off. :p

Return to “Previous Jobs”