Most Recently Played Video Game

Enter Apollo Square and interact with other video gamers.

Moderator: Community Team

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Most Recently Played Video Game

Post by Marmot »

I finally gave in and bought an Xbox, and now I'm playing Skyrim. I hope to finish it before school begins, which may or may not be possible.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 25

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

You can finish the main quest line pretty fast if you REALLY want to, but if you play an Elder Scrolls game and dont do any other quest lines then you might as well not play it. The only quest line that sucks is the Thieves Guild because it can glitch out and become unfinishable. You also have to give away the Skeleton Key to Nocturne which really fucking blows. The Skeleton key was one of the best items in Oblivion. It's an unbreakable lockpick. You do get some cool looking Batman-esque leather armor out of it though with really high Sneak bonuses.

Also try to get Master level Destruction and find the books to give you the most powerful 3 destruction spells, if you are building a character that can use magic heavily. Lightning Storm and Blizzard are must haves. Also Transmogrification and Equilibrium. Equilibrium turns your Magick into Health. Put that in one hand, and a healing spell in the other. They basically feed each other until you have full health.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I have no idea how far I am, but I definitely prefer magick combat. I carry a bow (because for some reason you can carry a million arrows without affecting your carry weight) and some light armor for hand-to-hand combat. I'm not liking the heavy armor, but I guess if you don't invest in magick, you can invest in stamina instead to compensate.

I started the Thieves' Guild storyline, but I've moved on. I didn't really find it interesting, and there were other skills I prefered to work on.

I agree, the side quests are the best part. I've been trying to figure out how to get a homestead started. I've done all the quests in Morthal, but for some reason can't buy any land to start. I recall being able to before when I played on a friend's system. Either there is an error somewhere, or I will have try again through other methods.

Oh, and I am a Khajiit. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

A rogue-ish class (using a bow primarily) or pretty much straight magic-user with a few throw-away points elsewhere are your best bets. Fighting dragons with melee really blows, since it's the only set up where you have down-time against them (and a fair bit at that). Until you're pretty much done with the game, then just use the book glitch (unless they ever fixed it? but I doubt it, since bugs are part of the fun) to max out everything and try whatever you want.

You can get a homestead in a bunch of places, but (IIRC) they're attached to quest lines for the most part, or they cost a fair bit.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Homestead is DLC stuff. If you didnt buy the Game of the Year edition, you dont have it, and have to buy that DLC pack.

I always play a Breton so I can be good at magic, but also have rounded combat. Make sure you hit up the Mages College in Winterhold(?). You can start getting on your way to being an Arch-mage and whatnot. Also try to find some of the the Dragon Priest masks, namely Morokei and Nahkriin. Morokei gives +100% magic regeneration. Nahkriin is +50 magic, and it costs 20% less to cast restoration and destruction magic.

Melee shit kinda sucks dick in this game. Archery though, is an EXTREMELY good investment to make. Especially alongside sneak. After a certain point with a Daedric enchanted bow and some decent arrows, you can one shot every single enemy in the game as long as they dont see you. Then after you can zoom in, the game is practically over. You technically have a sniper rifle in an Elder Scrolls game.

Case in point. The one at 1:35 is glorious
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

You can get houses without the Homestead DLC, I guess I wasn't sure exactly what he meant. I thought the Homestead DLC just added a new one (or several) you can buy, and increased the customization of them.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Oh my bad. Yeah you can buy houses but you can do much outside of interior decorating. People you buy houses from are normally pretty closeby near wherever the Jarl of that town is. I think there a few towns where you have to complete a quest first and become a thane or something
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Just the other day, Annie and I got Splatoon, thanks to wedding gifts, and we're definitely enjoying it from what we've been able to play so far.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Don't lie MP you dont play video games. You just get on Xbox to watch Netflix :suspish:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:Don't lie MP you dont play video games. You just get on Xbox to watch Netflix :suspish:
I don't play them as often as I'd like to, just don't have time.

Re: Netflix, usually that's Annie. Sometimes it's me. Sometimes it's both of us. :P
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Started playing Metal Gear Solid 5 today. Good thing I dont really talk to people. Because if I did they wouldnt be hearing from me for a very long time.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Went out and got Ultra Street Fighter 4 this last weekend and I wrecked TGG in every match. Lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Yo this game is going to be a fucking time sink.

I've done probably about 8 missions, and a few side ops as well as come collection stuff. Go to the main menu to save my game, this bitch ttells me i've completeld 3% of the game. How the fuck even Kojima
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Draconus »

Just ordered this yesterday along with Mad Max. Might play Mad Max first. Seems like it will take less time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Just ordered this yesterday along with Mad Max. Might play Mad Max first. Seems like it will take less time.
Ordered what along with mad max?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Probably MGSV based on your post. And ya, I've picked it (MGS) up, a few days after it came out, and I've barely put a dent in it. From the sounds of what people have said about Mad Max, it's a solid game (I wasn't really expecting it to be as well received as it has been, but I kind of wonder how much of it it just people loving it because they loved the movie), but isn't nearly as long.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Yeah MGS5 is an extremely time consuming game, but not in a tedious way. I have 68 hours total play time so far, with only 62% main mission completion, but only 37% completion for the entire game. Game will make the most sense if you've played MGS3 and MGS Peace Walker. Best thing ever is installing an outbound speaker to your helicopter, and making it play "Snake Eater" as it enters your airspace for support or extraction.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

boo wrote:Probably MGSV based on your post. And ya, I've picked it (MGS) up, a few days after it came out, and I've barely put a dent in it. From the sounds of what people have said about Mad Max, it's a solid game (I wasn't really expecting it to be as well received as it has been, but I kind of wonder how much of it it just people loving it because they loved the movie), but isn't nearly as long.
Correct! And that's is what a buddy of mine said about Mad Max. He was very skeptical about it, but now he says he loves it.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote: Best thing ever is installing an outbound speaker to your helicopter, and making it play "Snake Eater" as it enters your airspace for support or extraction.

:haha: I can't wait for this.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
boo wrote:Probably MGSV based on your post. And ya, I've picked it (MGS) up, a few days after it came out, and I've barely put a dent in it. From the sounds of what people have said about Mad Max, it's a solid game (I wasn't really expecting it to be as well received as it has been, but I kind of wonder how much of it it just people loving it because they loved the movie), but isn't nearly as long.
Correct! And that's is what a buddy of mine said about Mad Max. He was very skeptical about it, but now he says he loves it.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote: Best thing ever is installing an outbound speaker to your helicopter, and making it play "Snake Eater" as it enters your airspace for support or extraction.

:haha: I can't wait for this.
Actually have you played Ground Zeroes and Peace Walker? If you have I want to give you a set of instructions so that you dont miss out on one of the absolute biggest plot twists in the game.

when your Motherbase gets it's first Medical Platform constructed, visit the Medical platform. Take the stairs to the third floor of one of the buildings. Find the door with a blue light above it and enter it. When you do, look towards the door on your right, and press the button to enter it. Then do you absolute best to not have your fucking brain melt. This isnt a spoiler. Unless you know it's there, the game will never EVER tell you that room exists. Large majority of players only know about it because of word of mouth.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

:eek: noted. Thanks for the info. I just received mgs today and won'won't receive mad max until Wednesday. I guess amazon is out of stock, so I'll be playing mgs first.

XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

This is currently probably my favorite video to come out of the game so far

The Decoy's are saying "Kept you waiting huh?" and "You're pretty good."
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

:haha: That's so great!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Super Mario Maker. Love it. It's a shame this didn't come out 10 years ago, younger Alex had much more time.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:when your Motherbase gets it's first Medical Platform constructed, visit the Medical platform. Take the stairs to the third floor of one of the buildings. Find the door with a blue light above it and enter it. When you do, look towards the door on your right, and press the button to enter it. Then do you absolute best to not have your fucking brain melt. This isnt a spoiler. Unless you know it's there, the game will never EVER tell you that room exists. Large majority of players only know about it because of word of mouth.
No words for this. I'm just so happy, though :)

XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 15

Post by fingersplints »

I am currently playing, and about halfway through, Resident Evil 4. I have never played any of the R.E. games. It's fun, but I am not sure this type of game is for me. I feel very on edge the whole time. :puppy:
Gro-oo-ovy
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

RE4 is a really great game, hands down one of my favorites.

Make sure you bottleneck enemies on ladders whenever possible and knife them for ammo-free kills. Probably half of your kills in the entire game should be with the knife.

Beating it on hard was one of the hardest things I've done but getting the PRL as my reward was very worth it.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I finished it. ^_^ It was on regular though. Now I have them with their new outfits. I still want to try it on hard.
Gro-oo-ovy
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

fingersplints wrote:I finished it. ^_^ It was on regular though. Now I have them with their new outfits. I still want to try it on hard.
Pick the outfit set where Ashley is in knight armor for your hard playthrough to make it easier. Ashley is completely invincible in that armor, and if anybody tries to carry her off they drop her because of the weight.

You can also use her as a shield for her invicibility lol. Tell her to wait, then stand behind her while enemies with melee weapons approach. They swing at you but hit her on accident and bounce back. It's cheap as fuck.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm currently alternating between Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Undertale.

Two great RPGs. The first one is a light-hearted platform hybrid with some cool touch-screen and/or gyroscope shenanigans. And 50+ hours of gameplay.

The second one is a deconstruction of gaming. An indie RPG that plays with your emotions and makes you question how you view fighting monsters. It's very short, but it's one of those games that can be played multiple times since it has multiple, choice based endings.

I recommend both. They also have great soundtracks.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I finished it. ^_^ It was on regular though. Now I have them with their new outfits. I still want to try it on hard.
Pick the outfit set where Ashley is in knight armor for your hard playthrough to make it easier. Ashley is completely invincible in that armor, and if anybody tries to carry her off they drop her because of the weight.

You can also use her as a shield for her invicibility lol. Tell her to wait, then stand behind her while enemies with melee weapons approach. They swing at you but hit her on accident and bounce back. It's cheap as fuck.
I played until I got the knight outfit, and had enough money to buy the infinite rocket launcher, the prl, and the Chicago typewriter. Now the game is too easy. Lol I still have to get 5 stars on all the Mercenaries extras, but I got bored of that. Krauser is the most fun in that section and I got 5 on all his already.

Since I liked this one my husband got 1-3 for the emulator too and I just started the first one. The graphics and voice acting is so funny. I'm having some trouble moving, probably more to do with using a different controller then intended, but I'm getting used to it. 4 was clearly better, but this one is fun too. I'm playing with Jill.
Gro-oo-ovy
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Resident Evil 6 is a lot of fun too.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Resident Evil 6 is a lot of fun too.
I haven't gotten to play that one, yet. I've heard 50/50 mixed feelings about it (from a small group of people).

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Draconus wrote:
I haven't gotten to play that one, yet. I've heard 50/50 mixed feelings about it (from a small group of people).
I enjoyed playing the Co-op with gamer guy. I also enjoyed the story. The cut scenes were beautiful.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm halfway (I think) through 2. Just finished up Claire.
The lickers are scary. There was this one scene where the licker jumped through the window. It startled me so much I screamed. Lol my husband knew it was coming. he was laughing so hard :suspicious:
Gro-oo-ovy
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Draconus wrote:
I enjoyed playing the Co-op with gamer guy. I also enjoyed the story. The cut scenes were beautiful.
I wouldnt say "beautiful"

It's just a good buddy cop shooter. Kinda like co-op on Dead Space 3
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

fingersplints wrote:I'm halfway (I think) through 2. Just finished up Claire.
The lickers are scary. There was this one scene where the licker jumped through the window. It startled me so much I screamed. Lol my husband knew it was coming. he was laughing so hard :suspicious:
When we were in grade school, my best friend and younger brother were playing through this part at my house while I was in the nearby restroom. They both screamed, too, and I about fell on the floor laughing :haha:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Draconus wrote:
I wouldnt say "beautiful"

It's just a good buddy cop shooter. Kinda like co-op on Dead Space 3
My roommate and I haven't played a good coop game in a long while. It may be worth picking up just for this.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Has anyone here played The Beginner's Guide? Really bizarre, incredibly emotional, absolutely mindblowing experience. I highly recommend it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

nutella wrote:Has anyone here played The Beginner's Guide? Really bizarre, incredibly emotional, absolutely mindblowing experience. I highly recommend it.
Is that the recently released game where your future actions are narrated, and you can choose to go against them?

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

That's the Stanley Parable, made by the same guy. This one is where the narrator takes you through a bunch of abstract little game spaces made by a mysterious supposed friend of his (theorized to be himself).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote:That's the Stanley Parable, made by the same guy. This one is where the narrator takes you through a bunch of abstract little game spaces made by a mysterious supposed friend of his (theorized to be himself).
This is the only thing I know about Stanley Parable.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

nutella wrote:That's the Stanley Parable, made by the same guy. This one is where the narrator takes you through a bunch of abstract little game spaces made by a mysterious supposed friend of his (theorized to be himself).
Oh nice. I couldn't remember the name of Stanley Parable. I'm pretty sure I've seen bits and pieces of Beginner's Guide. But this makes me want to go check it out again.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I played South Park and the Stick of Truth a few months ago. I'm hoping a friend will soon get the appropriate console because I'm dying to play the Mad Max game.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:I played South Park and the Stick of Truth a few months ago. I'm hoping a friend will soon get the appropriate console because I'm dying to play the Mad Max game.
Stick of Truth was so good!! I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I got all of the achievements in that game :grin: I can't wait for their next game to come out.

Also, I started Mad Max recently. I'm thoroughly enjoying it :)

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Just started to play metal gear solid 4 and so far it's amazing.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

If you dont tear up at least 3 times during the whole ending section of that game you arent an actual human being
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:If you dont tear up at least 3 times during the whole ending section of that game you arent an actual human being
Oh I will have a box of tissues ready lol.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Anybody here played Undertale?

I've been addicted to it lately.

It's an indie RPG which kind of deconstructs the genre. It makes you choose between killing or sparing monsters in the game, and has a number of different endings and paths depending on the choices you make.

It's only 10 dollars on Steam, and there is also a free demo. I highly recommend it.

Oh, and it also has a 10/10 soundtrack:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I've heard of this game before, can't remember where though...

The idea is very intriguing though.

EDIT: and you're right DDL, the soundtrack is top notch. ;airguitar:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Apollo Square”