BOOM!!!! (host, deadies, non-players)
42%

Total votes: 12
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 79

Re: [DAY 1] Avant-Garde Mafia 2: The Ultimate Dimensional Ba

Post by insertnamehere »

Wow, I'm almost done with my three posts! I only need one more sentence! Hey, would you look at that, I'm done!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Also - another great post Moving Sock Pictures
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:So did the Earth portal win? I did not manage to copy/paste the poll and I 'm wondering if someone else might have?

Perhaps The Sock will post a copy of the poll?

hi to everyone I have never played with :) I hope this will be the first of many games together. <3

To all those I have played with <3

Linky - LOL @Name :D
I did not copy the poll; I did keep track of the votes in my host spreadsheet though. That's a good idea, I can copy the polls from here on if you all would like.

But yes, Earth won, by 10-9-9.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

It would be helpful if you could copy the polls from here on in. And if anyone has the poll results from this time (or if the host is willing to share), that would be groovy.

No sense of whether or not the result of the poll was good...which given our host, doesn't really surprise me.

I also want to say that I LOVE this posting challenge!!!!!! I am absolutely all for anything that encourages all of the players to, well, play the game and post. :)
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 58

Post by LittleTiger »

I kept track of who voted which option, just not the order:

AceofSpaces Earth
axxon n Pluto
bea Sun
Benthayer15 Earth
birdwithteeth11 Earth
BoatsBoatsBoats Sun
Boomslang Pluto
Captain Bunny Killer
chaindeath Sun
crusty_mustard Earth
Devin the Omniscient Earth
DFaraday Pluto
DharmaHelper Sun
DisgruntledPorcupine Pluto
Epignosis
Illyria Earth
insertnamehere Earth
Jokreher Sun
Kate Earth
Leech
LittleTiger Earth
LoRab Sun
Mr. Droopy Cash Sun
rabbit8 Earth
reywaS Pluto
Roxy Pluto
S~V~S Sun
The Truth Pluto
triceratopzeuhl Sun
Vompatti Pluto

I can probably recreate the order as I did copy the poll earlier in the day and can go back and add the order of the last few.
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Boomslang »

Heading to the Earth portal seemed like an awfully dangerous choice. Getting closer to the last known location of a being who can destroy planets with fists alone? Whoever voted for that seems... less than trustworthy.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Vompatti »

I find it slightly suspicious that insertnamehere was in such a hurry to complete the three three-sentence posts. The negative consequences probably won't be that bad anyway.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Vompatti wrote:I find it slightly suspicious that insertnamehere was in such a hurry to complete the three three-sentence posts. The negative consequences probably won't be that bad anyway.
I was worried I would forget, so I just got that out of the way.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 61

Post by rabbit8 »

Vompatti wrote:I find it slightly suspicious that insertnamehere was in such a hurry to complete the three three-sentence posts. The negative consequences probably won't be that bad anyway.
How is that suspicious, even slightly? In fact I plan to follow his lead. I always forget to do stuff like that. I plan to wait then I forget. So now I'm going to get it out of the way as well. :ohyeah:
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Okay, here is what I have (I only found 27 votes, so someone must have voted without posting):
AceofSpacesEarth23
axxon nPluto7
beaSun26
Benthayer15Earth6
birdwithteeth11 Earth10
BoatsBoatsBoatsSun21
BoomslangPluto2
Captain Bunny Killer ????
chaindeathSun 3
crusty_mustardEarth 27
Devin the OmniscientEarth 8
DFaradayPluto 16
DharmaHelperSun 1
DisgruntledPorcupinePluto 15
Epignosis ????
IllyriaEarth 12
insertnamehereEarth 4
JokreherSun 13
KateEarth 17
Leech?? ??
LittleTigerEarth 9
LoRabSun 24
Mr. Droopy CashSun 18
rabbit8Earth 22
reywaSPluto 14
RoxyPluto 25
S~V~SSun 11
The TruthPluto 19
triceratopzeuhlSun 20
VompattiPluto 5
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:So did the Earth portal win? I did not manage to copy/paste the poll and I 'm wondering if someone else might have?

Perhaps The Sock will post a copy of the poll?

hi to everyone I have never played with :) I hope this will be the first of many games together. <3

To all those I have played with <3

Linky - LOL @Name :D
I did not copy the poll; I did keep track of the votes in my host spreadsheet though. That's a good idea, I can copy the polls from here on if you all would like.

But yes, Earth won, by 10-9-9.
Yes please :yay:
Once you get to know Name better you will realize this is normal behavior for him. The bad part is he plays the same good or bad so he can be difficult to read.
Tbh I am not surprised he wanted to accomplish the task early just to be safe. I do however hope he will post thoughts and or suspicions for the upcoming lynch.

Linky - still posting
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

I apologize- I voted but did not post. Won't happen again. It was for Neptune/Pluto.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote:I apologize- I voted but did not post. Won't happen again. It was for Neptune/Pluto.
I dont like it. Most people would call this a baddie move. I know I would. Did you really?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Thanks, LT!!
Boomslang wrote:Heading to the Earth portal seemed like an awfully dangerous choice. Getting closer to the last known location of a being who can destroy planets with fists alone? Whoever voted for that seems... less than trustworthy.
Can you show me exactly what in the post following the vote that makes it seem like it was a bad choice? Otherwise, just speculation...like the vote itself. Any reason why you want people to focus on the earth voters?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

LoRab wrote:Thanks, LT!!
Boomslang wrote:Heading to the Earth portal seemed like an awfully dangerous choice. Getting closer to the last known location of a being who can destroy planets with fists alone? Whoever voted for that seems... less than trustworthy.
Can you show me exactly what in the post following the vote that makes it seem like it was a bad choice? Otherwise, just speculation...like the vote itself. Any reason why you want people to focus on the earth voters?

Of course there is, Boomslang voted for Pluto. Focus is a funny thing in mafia. The focus can shift with a passing thought........

Like, Eath was baddie OPTION, OMG!!!!!!! Lynch them, don't look at me. Paraphrasing here, or course.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I apologize- I voted but did not post. Won't happen again. It was for Neptune/Pluto.
I dont like it. Most people would call this a baddie move. I know I would. Did you really?
I did shortly before the poll expired (after I got home)- I was thinking that since the poll recorded our choices that posting my vote was redundant.

I've reviewed the rules and unless I'm missing something, it doesn't require that we announce our votes.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
I did shortly before the poll expired (after I got home)- I was thinking that since the poll recorded our choices that posting my vote was redundant.

I've reviewed the rules and unless I'm missing something, it doesn't require that we announce our votes.

The rules don't require me to think you are a civvie. If you would like me to think that you are a civvie you may want to do civvie things. One being, post your vote.

Please.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Boomslang »

MovingPictures07 wrote: As the ship subsequently traveled through the portal, a weird vacuum-like sound could be heard by everyone in the ship, but it seemed to have no effect on any of them.
Maybe I'm still just speculating, but I don't like that vacuum sound. It SEEMED to have no effect, but is anything really as it seems in this game? Whatever it was, it sounded inside the ship, as no sound can travel in space itself. Therefore, something had an effect in our safe haven of Captain Spectacular's vessel.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

The rules don't require me to think you are a civvie. If you would like me to think that you are a civvie you may want to do civvie things. One being, post your vote.

Please.
"Civvie things?" There's a list somewhere?

I apologized for not posting when I thought doing so was superfluous. If reading into a faux pas made by a person who has played this game once years ago is how you care to play, then play.

Please.
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Illyria »

^^This. Also, when we were all spinning our wheels talking it out why didnt you mention that?
rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Please.
I swear I dont think I have laughed this hard at a post since the HP game on LP. Rabbit, good to see you have come out swinging. :D

Epi-- I am not sure how we got started with saying and bolding our vote in the thread, but it is simply a habit/ tradition for many of us from our Mafia culture.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Illyria wrote:

Epi-- I am not sure how we got started with saying and bolding our vote in the thread, but it is simply a habit/ tradition for many of us from our Mafia culture.
Thanks- I appreciate that. I remember we had to post our vote on ProgArchives because the forum software there doesn't record participants' names. I didn't think it was necessary here, but I will remember to do so henceforth. :)
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Please.

I apologized for not posting when I thought doing so was superfluous. If reading into a faux pas made by a person who has played this game once years ago is how you care to play, then play.

Please.
Epignosis - it is generally considered to be good form to post/bold your vote as well as voting in the poll. Not doing so can be construed as a baddie move ;) Here are some tips for playing mafia that might help you CLICKY and anyone else that is newish to the game.
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Please.

Please.

Nah man, I was just fucking with ya. ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ah! Very convincing fangs you have!

One other question (since LT is here): How does one know if a post has been edited? I understand the importance of not editing posts, but how can one tell? I edit posts all the time in Gladiators, but there's never an indication that anything was editing.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I don't think you can edit posts on here...(like, literally....same way in game threads on TP and RM)...or I'm just so used to not editing outside of LP that I don't even notice if I can, lol.
Boomslang wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: As the ship subsequently traveled through the portal, a weird vacuum-like sound could be heard by everyone in the ship, but it seemed to have no effect on any of them.
Maybe I'm still just speculating, but I don't like that vacuum sound. It SEEMED to have no effect, but is anything really as it seems in this game? Whatever it was, it sounded inside the ship, as no sound can travel in space itself. Therefore, something had an effect in our safe haven of Captain Spectacular's vessel.
Effect doesn't imply either bad or good. We are also all here; we don't know upon whom any impact may have been, baddie or civ.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Epignosis wrote:Ah! Very convincing fangs you have!

One other question (since LT is here): How does one know if a post has been edited? I understand the importance of not editing posts, but how can one tell? I edit posts all the time in Gladiators, but there's never an indication that anything was editing.
Only the game host can edit the posts in the game threads.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, Epi, at PA we did have to post the votes, and keep tallies. A site many of us have played at called STV played that way, too.

But yeah, voting without posting is called a "drive by" by some, and is viewed as a potential sneak attack of sorts.

Interesting watching the interactions between groups and traditions; is there an anthropologist in the house?

Um, vague results are unsurprising, I half expected 1/3 of us to go to one reality, 1/3 to another and 1/3 to yet a third. So the results we had are rather nice, if somewhat vague. Which is kinda scary, in a totally different way.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LittleTiger wrote:

Actually, mods can too. But I promise not to :ohyeah:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:

Yeah, I was going to say, "I can edit yours!" :haha:

But yeah, like our tilded friend, I won't cheat.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

On the mysterious humming noise, it could just be a story device to indicate that we had passed through, like in the video game Portal. In Portal, when you go through a eponymous portal, there's a little noise. This is all Wild Mass Guessing, but isn't that what mafia basically is?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also reading back, I am not all that suspish of anyone for wanting to make their posts up front. For people who post alot like me, it's not an issue. For quieter players, not wanting to get a punishment is not out of line.

I saw MP kill 9 non-voters in one post (he says it was a mechanic, but I know he was pretty pissed off at the non voters before that, lol). So when MP says "punishment", anyone who has been hosted by him should jump to and give him 20 (or whatever it is he wants).

Reading back, I came across:
Boomslang wrote:
I have to agree with Boomslang about the sound, I have reread the post more than once (and plan to do so a few more times, lol) and feel that, like the "resident" in the poll about Pluto, it isn't random word choice. So I do not necessarily suspect the Earth voters for that vote, but I am worried about that sound, too.
insertnamehere wrote:On the mysterious humming noise, it could just be a story device to indicate that we had passed through, like in the video game Portal. In Portal, when you go through a eponymous portal, there's a little noise. This is all Wild Mass Guessing, but isn't that what mafia basically is?
Yeah it is mass guessing (nice way of putting it, actually), but there is very little randomness about MP at all, so I am always a tad paranoid about his wording. He is a precise man, he does not throw random words about willy nilly.

Ha ha this made me think of the "mysterious ticking noise" video which always make me laugh~

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 15

Post by a2thezebra »

I posted but if I remember correctly, didn't vote. My apologies. Hopefully it won't happen again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I thought the pre-day poll would last longer, poor attention I suppose. My sister's birthday was today and the day before I hung out with friends, so I've been very busy and that's my best excuse. Meh, I can't promise it won't happen again, but I can promise I'll try to avoid letting it happen again.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Well I wanted to post sooner, but I was out with friends for the afternoon and evening so so much for that one.

@Boomslang: I don't really see much of a point at calling people out for voting a certain option when it's a prologue/intro vote. Unless it happens to affect something later on in the game or later voting patterns, I don't put too much stock into a Day 0 or Day 1 vote usually. Unless something out of the ordinary happens, which in this game is entirely possible. I expect a lot of BTS stuff to occur that we won't find out about until after the face or once the game is over.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:

Yeah, I was going to say, "I can edit yours!" :haha:

But yeah, like our tilded friend, I won't cheat.
While I trust all three of the moderators to never edit their own posts, I did change this setting so that only the person specifically set as the mafia game host can edit FYI, so you should not be able to see that option any longer.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I can see it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:I can see it.
Really? I did edit forum permissions specifically for this forum, but perhaps your global moderator powers override that. Okay, let me look at this some more, lol. Thanks for letting me know.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

rabbit8 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Please.
I'ma give Rob the benefit of the doubt, he's talked before about how he wishes polls on progarchives showed voters so he wouldn't have to post in them. Just the way he is. That, and drunk. These sentences are surely complete sentences.

On flipping page looking for more posts to quote, I see he basically ninja'd my exact post here. Muh.
Leech wrote:I thought the pre-day poll would last longer, poor attention I suppose. My sister's birthday was today and the day before I hung out with friends, so I've been very busy and that's my best excuse. Meh, I can't promise it won't happen again, but I can promise I'll try to avoid letting it happen again.
It's ok because your sister is hot.

^ obligatory rude comment :yay:
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

I did not post my vote for Day 0 either...I voted for the 2nd choice at the time because it had the fewest votes...I wanted a tie to make things difficult for MP, since he makes things so difficult for us! :ohyeah:

I don't know how anyone is going to make a decision for Day 1 Lynching based off pure speculation from posts...I see someone has the screenname "The Truth". In Mafia, is there such a thing as truth? Let's lynch them! ;) Haha! I'm curious to see the first legitimate vote! I don't want to make it! I'm scared!! :D
You can just call me...."The Best"
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

...And we have to make 3 separate posts with each posts containing at least 3 sentences??? Within 48 hours!?! You are ridiculous sir. :pirate: Mutiny!!!
You can just call me...."The Best"
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

3 separate posts?

With 3 on-topic sentences?

Well I'm glad I got that cleared up.
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

Not sure who to vote for yet, everyone seems to be pretty inconspicuous at the moment. But the past has shown that can change in an instant. Even sometimes going against me.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You may notice that Sock stated that three separate posts and three on-topic sentences are the criteria to avoid punishment. That could be interpreted to mean that having too much is just as bad as having not enough, which is the kind of trick I could see Sock pulling. Based on that conclusion, I wil now refrain from any more on-topic posts, indirectly meaning that I have to vote this early on, in this very post; so I will now cast the first vote, for myself.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Oh dear, I suck at multiple sentence posts! Either way, I'm totally unsure of who to vote. Will probably randomize like I always do.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm not very good at a lot of these multiple sentence posts either. But then again, I've had times where I didn't follow Alex's challenges or forgot about them and he has some rather nasty punishments if you don't obey his challenges. Although since this is my second post, I figure I'm safe for now. Plus I need to go to bed anyway so I will make up the third one sometime tomorrow. Which is when I will also start looking more closely at the game thread and see what pops out as being suspicious.
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

Leech wrote:You may notice that Sock stated that three separate posts and three on-topic sentences are the criteria to avoid punishment. That could be interpreted to mean that having too much is just as bad as having not enough, which is the kind of trick I could see Sock pulling. Based on that conclusion, I wil now refrain from any more on-topic posts, indirectly meaning that I have to vote this early on, in this very post; so I will now cast the first vote, for myself.
Well now my brain hurts. You may be right but everything is a lie to me anymore. :sigh:

(This is the last sentence.)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

I had just assumed sockface wanted to encourage discussion. It seems a bit early in the game to start randomly hostslaying players. But, if that's his prerogative...
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Jokreher
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jokreher »

Greeting and salutations fair maids and men of this interdimensional journey!
Let us no longer sqwabble, forthwith, about our tumultous past, but look ever forward to our very dire task.
We have duty to tend with a most solemn of honor.
~Some say that you never hear the one that gets 'ya.
~I'll try to make sure that you know it was me.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Another great post, sockster!! I didn't gain much as far as what it meant that we chose the particular portal that we did. Perhaps it was strictly storytelling? I suppose we shall see. As far as early thoughts on who to possibly vote for, I don't really have any ideas yet. Almost everyone in the game is new to me so there will be an adjustment period. Plus, it seems like most people are talking about game mechanics about the posting requirements.

Let's throw some suspicions around!!! Yee haw!!! :D
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

awesome post socky! I'm not sure what it all means, (I'm with the svs camp. I feel rereading in order ). I don't find the particular posting requirement all that harsh and it is a nice way to encourage discussion. While the prize thing on a day 0 poll is pretty traditional, it is possible that the portal vote was for storytelling. Wasn't the avant game where we had to decide where we were going during the day and svs and a bunch of others got frozen out in the snow while we were trying to build shelter and hunt and stuffs? Anyway - I could see some similar mechanic being used here as well.

Not sure who i find suspicious just yet, but wabbit was funny earlier. :) (Srrsly, I LOLed in the car and Diggz was all "What?" and I was all "Wabbit cracks me up." and then he scowled for a minute. Good times.)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Previous Jobs”