[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP: K4J*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Is banter early voting common habit on RYM? I'm oscillating between reading bcornett24's vote as such and wanting to hear more from him on why he desired to make such an early vote for no serious reasons.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Same with Floyd, who hasn't said anything.

Sorry for the quadruple.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have my doubts that most mafia teams would be concerned enough with a "Dusk 0" poll that they'd deliberately coordinate their votes beyond a couple people maybe on any one person.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Is banter early voting common habit on RYM? I'm oscillating between reading bcornett24's vote as such and wanting to hear more from him on why he desired to make such an early vote for no serious reasons.
RVS (random voting stage) is very common on RYM, and generally anywhere where vote changes are commonplace. I hope y'all are ready. :dark:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Is banter early voting common habit on RYM? I'm oscillating between reading bcornett24's vote as such and wanting to hear more from him on why he desired to make such an early vote for no serious reasons.
RVS (random voting stage) is very common on RYM, and generally anywhere where vote changes are commonplace. I hope y'all are ready. :dark:
Oh, I'm ready. I haven't posted yet my endgame bleeding Recruitement votes spreadsheet. The heat goes on... :workit:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

A reminder, however, that, in such a case, one should still try make a post in which to mention the way he voted, otherwise the changing votes on the poll might become ghost moves.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:This has got to be one of the silliest things I've ever heard.
Ricochet wrote:- His implication that he's a minimal poster is bonkers, although I'm not aware if "minimal poster than most" is true over on RYM. Over here, he's a posting machine - in both the sense of how often he posts and how involved he is. In one recently ended game, he was killed Day 5 or 6 (out of 14 Days overall) and he was way ahead in post count by 200 or so (and finished the game as top poster).
So what do you guys make of this nonsense? :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RYM is random in general
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:This has got to be one of the silliest things I've ever heard.
Ricochet wrote:- His implication that he's a minimal poster is bonkers, although I'm not aware if "minimal poster than most" is true over on RYM. Over here, he's a posting machine - in both the sense of how often he posts and how involved he is. In one recently ended game, he was killed Day 5 or 6 (out of 14 Days overall) and he was way ahead in post count by 200 or so (and finished the game as top poster).
So what do you guys make of this nonsense? :grin:
You must be having fun. :workit:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bcornett24 wrote:I would normally start off with a vote for sleepystalinist, but he is not here so instead, I'll vote for motel room because he has something to do with sleeping.
Hey bcornett24, usually even random votes are accompanied by a semi-relevant reason (hey, like this one!). What's your objective with this one, m8?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey RYMers, let me give you a little insight on some things that are either polarizing or unpopular on The Syndicate, so you can do them even more to drive them nuts. :haha:

~ rainbow lists
~ broadcasting your town reads
~ ISO analyses

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MP does rainbow lists, so we're in the clear this time, except if you or I get wild, wizing up.

ISO are like the taste of medicine, but in a game with 34 players? Nope.
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 32

Post by espers »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Seaside was the most active poster and asked a ton of questions.
Interesting. I don't think he posted once yet in the main game.
he's currently at the nrl grand final down in sydney, he mentioned this in the day 0 thread.

one thing that might be of note: he asked strawhenge if he had any special abilities in that thread. i asked him about it and he appeared not to know about the infodumping rules (or any of what was mentioned in the first posts of the signup thread)

choutas replied to this exchange, saying that scumslips weren't very common and that seaside's original question read to him as frivolous/banter. that seemed a bit incongruous to me, i'd like choutas to explain it. i might be misremembering the particulars though, wish i could look back over it
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by FZ. »

Hi :puppy:

So sorry for missing day 0. I just came back from my vacation. I'm sorry to say that I won't be around today either, but I'll try to read a little right now, before I go. Starting tomorrow night GMT, I'll be back for good.

Going to read back now
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

Sorry I've not been about today. Just skimmed for a quick catch up and well done guys on figuring out how are polls align, thats impressive work. Did you guys also have the 'no ties' rule? I wonder if your options ended up in a similar place to us.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the 7 person mafia team were fully aware of the poll on both sides, managed to figure out its meaning somewhat, and manipulated it towards what they thought were the best ends. In that case, it would be particular epic if anyone was as terrifyingly anal as MM and had the poll from Syndicate side.

I must get directly to bed, will catch up further tomorrow.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey RYMers, let me give you a little insight on some things that are either polarizing or unpopular on The Syndicate, so you can do them even more to drive them nuts. :haha:

~ rainbow lists
~ ISO analyses
and if you drive us nuts we go all feb on your ass :feb:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I want to rsv Ricochet so he will slow his roll :p
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I remember getting mildly frustrated because two or three people came in and voted without reading the no-tie rule so me and two or three others had to fix it.

linki: :clap:

You sound like MF from our Day 0 thread :omg:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
;)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Hi guys! sorry I'm late to the party. Friday/Saturday are the worst days in the world for me to have free time from work.

Can't say I'm surprised no one said "OMG, Bea should totes be our assistant CEO! She rocks my world!" But still....I'm a little sad. :pout:
Ya'll forgot I have the two skills most needed to keep a CEO happy. I make both an incredible cup of coffee *and* cocktails to make you wanna kiss yo momma. :noble: And I cook. :p
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:No to mm and no to llama.

linki: And no to HamburgerBoy, haha.
One was me! :D
I didn't think to count Day 0 since it's, well...gone, so that makes five posts that caught me off guard. And you are incorrect as well 3J, because three of them are yours counting Day 0. Here's a little RYM Records exclusive context for those in the dark.

3J's opening post in Day 0 set off an alarm for me and some others, (I believe I was the second or third to point out how suspicious it seemed, and I believe someone even asked 3J if he was asking to be lynched) as he basically excused himself to be somewhat absent for the game, his reasons being that he was on vacation and that he also has another game going on. When I confronted him he responded by saying that he's normally a more minimal poster than most. I responded by saying that if he's known for being a somewhat minimal poster than why bother excusing his even more minimal behavior? But I let him off the hook in the same response because I have been known for my tunnel vision and it has gotten civilians lynched before. It's also interesting that I'm the first person from RYM Day 0 to mention this. When Bernie Sanders Matt F asked if anything of note happened on Day 0, I found it odd that Golden responded with a no, but (in the same post) since he seemed to have missed the end of that day I'm not sure if he missed my exchange with 3J or any of his posts that day. Maybe he's off the hook, maybe not. But again, it is a little disconcerting to me that I am the only one to have mentioned this exchange, even if it was a light suspicion at the time.

Now I try to base my suspicions off of individual scum-reads rather than observing what seems like a scum team, but something caught me off guard during Dusk 0 that was very hard to ignore with or without the context of 3J the day before. Enter sig.
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I'd like to recommend myself for the Syndicate CEO assistant position. Facts are I'm well-versed in music, with an acquired taste in significant eclectic genre.

As for who I'm voting, I'd like to hear some pitches first. Give me some insight into your music preferences, stuff you're passionate about, etc..

linki: Deflecting the question, ey, Marshy? :suspish:
Kansas is the greatest band ever.

I am disqualified, aren't I? :sigh:
:clap:
Kansas is great I will vote for you just for that reason alone.

Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay
sig votes for Epignosis providing as decent of a reason for it as any (Kansas is pretty damn awesome, but I digress) but then votes for 3J providing no reason whatsoever, not even a humorous one or the simple explanation that it was a random vote. It comes out of nowhere, and it is noteworthy that this is both sig's first post and the first vote for 3J. But then it gets better...
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote: :clap:
Kansas is great I will vote for you just for that reason alone.

Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay
You just won my vote. Voting sig and 3J.
Epignosis votes for sig I suppose because he voted for him as well as mutual appreciation of Kansas. But then we have another inexplicable vote for 3J that is neither explained nor noted other than the vote itself. And now, enter 3J.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:With all due respect to our honorary RYMers (they're super neat), we should band together as an RYM gang and ensure the Syndicateers don't pick our CEO for us just based on who they know. :P

I'll vote for one of my biggest influences MacDougall, and the guy that gets night killed every ten minutes because baddies are terrified Epignosis.

I'm going to try to use colors when I bold my votes because I absolutely cannot see the plain white bold.
I'll be fair, outside of the vote for Epignosis there's nothing suspicious here. But his reason for voting for him seems fake in the greater context. This came about half an hour after Epig's vote for 3J but 3J doesn't reference this, instead picking a whole new reason to vote for Epig, which is humorous. It just doesn't seem genuine to me. And then....this.....
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:But really though llama, are you bad?
This is why first impressions are often correct. I've tried, I've really tried, but even when I block out 3J's post excusing him from activity (which is now especially suspicious since he seems far from inactive, as if he was excusing potential inactivity from fear of slipping some susfishes) in Day 0, as well as the context of his inexplicable votes, (which resulted in his win) this post is just...oh man.

It comes twelve minutes after the last post that was in reference to the suspicions (which I remind you, were sarcastic for crying out loud) that bwt had for llama. That exchange didn't set any alarms off for anyone until 3J made this post. It comes off as unbelievably opportunistic. Take a close look at that page, the posts, the times they were posted, and so on, put everything in context, and tell me JJJ isn't a decent suspect at the moment. And again, the reason I avoid group suspicions is that if one of the people you suggest turns out to be good, your credibility is destroyed and whoever else you mentioned gets off the hook whether they're good or not. But I can't help but feel a possible JJJ/Epignosis/sig thing going on. No hard conclusions yet, I'm trying to play it safe and I may end up voting for someone absent if I'm not confident enough and/or I see some good defenses for this. We shall see.

Wow. RBZ! I think I got those first few letters right? Is it cool to call you that? I need nicknames to function.

That is the most well thought out day 1 case I've ever seen! Color me super impressed.
I've only played one game with JJJ and he was civ in that game. He was very vocal while he lived though so I can see where you are coming from here.

Ok -more catching up to do.....
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:3J's opening post in Day 0 set off an alarm for me and some others, (I believe I was the second or third to point out how suspicious it seemed, and I believe someone even asked 3J if he was asking to be lynched) as he basically excused himself to be somewhat absent for the game, his reasons being that he was on vacation and that he also has another game going on. When I confronted him he responded by saying that he's normally a more minimal poster than most. I responded by saying that if he's known for being a somewhat minimal poster than why bother excusing his even more minimal behavior? But I let him off the hook in the same response because I have been known for my tunnel vision and it has gotten civilians lynched before. It's also interesting that I'm the first person from RYM Day 0 to mention this. When Bernie Sanders Matt F asked if anything of note happened on Day 0, I found it odd that Golden responded with a no, but (in the same post) since he seemed to have missed the end of that day I'm not sure if he missed my exchange with 3J or any of his posts that day. Maybe he's off the hook, maybe not. But again, it is a little disconcerting to me that I am the only one to have mentioned this exchange, even if it was a light suspicion at the time.
This has got to be one of the silliest things I've ever heard.
THIS IS WHY THERE ARE SARC TAGS, JAY!
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

espers wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Seaside was the most active poster and asked a ton of questions.
he's currently at the nrl grand final down in sydney, he mentioned this in the day 0 thread.

one thing that might be of note: he asked strawhenge if he had any special abilities in that thread. i asked him about it and he appeared not to know about the infodumping rules (or any of what was mentioned in the first posts of the signup thread)

choutas replied to this exchange, saying that scumslips weren't very common and that seaside's original question read to him as frivolous/banter. that seemed a bit incongruous to me, i'd like choutas to explain it. i might be misremembering the particulars though, wish i could look back over it
He tried the regular rym opening move. Some of them are "Are you scum?", "Do you have a special ability", "You're town?". In the earlier games it was pretty wild "Tell me your role", "Give me a reason not to shoot you today" etc. Seaside is old school. He's still listening to 2Pac and Biggie while you guys have moved to Nicki and Kanye.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:THIS IS WHY THERE ARE SARC TAGS, JAY!
Naw, there might actually be strategic value to this if people really pursue it as something meaningful. Anyone that has even played one game with me knows I was joking when I called myself a low poster.

Like you, Diiny, my protege. What do you think?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Done with the catching up. I'm a little confused with all the day 0 stuff. It's my fault, so if no one wants to answer me, I'll understand, but I won't be nice about it :P

Please let me know if I got it right. There was a different day 0 for each site, and now it's hidden from us? Where was it? Was it a different thread? I read a PM inviting me for something, and when I tried to access it, I couldn't. I guess I was too late.

Why are there so few females playing? :disappoint:
I find it funny that I'm on the RYM side when I've only played 1.3 games. I must have made an impression :P Or I'm an outsider in every site, so it's easy to toss me around :pout: ....Kidding MP.
kneel4justice wrote:Voted for FZ for RYM and Roxy for Syndicate.
Because they are awesome.
:faint: :omg:
I didn't even know you were playing? :D :D :D Makes me feel even worse for missing day 0

My main suspicion at this point is Ricco. First of all, he seems to be saying a lot, without really saying anything. Even when he voiced some suspicion, it's done in an "intrigued" tone, as if he's trying to avoid confrontation. If you add to that what K4J said about how he voted at the end of day 0 on the syndicate, it's another reason to not trust him at the moment.

Regarding the whole zebra, JJJ, Epi and Sig situation, zebra comes out looking good from it, Sig doesn't look too bad either, but we'll see.
I do agree with those who said that it's not likely they are all connected, but I would like to know why Epi voted for JJJ just like that, and what does JJJ think about Epi so far.

I expect llama to have a suspect by now, but his answer when asked about it, felt okay to me.

linki: Bea is playing too? Wow, Epic game. I really should look at the list of players :blush:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:My main suspicion at this point is Ricco. First of all, he seems to be saying a lot, without really saying anything. Even when he voiced some suspicion, it's done in an "intrigued" tone, as if he's trying to avoid confrontation. If you add to that what K4J said about how he voted at the end of day 0 on the syndicate, it's another reason to not trust him at the moment.
Could you please highlight content from Rico that you'd describe as "saying a lot without really saying anything in an intrigued tone"?
FZ. wrote:and what does JJJ think about Epi so far.
I don't think anything yet. There isn't enough material to assess.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:The poll was about ranking a set of unrelated (?) songs from different artists and no ties were allowed.
What if I were to tell you that they weren't unrelated and that they were actually all by a band called 'Talking Heads?'

:|
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I also promised these five players I would not vote for them today.
  • DrWilgy
    thellama73
    Sorsha
    birdwithteeth11
    Devin the Omniscient
Because this is a crime against the state.
:pout:
;)
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Day 1 vote to rdw. He's awfully quiet. What's up dog is hauling hay that hectic in October?
It's been a long time I don't wanna see you bail on me after all this time.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:My main suspicion at this point is Ricco. First of all, he seems to be saying a lot, without really saying anything. Even when he voiced some suspicion, it's done in an "intrigued" tone, as if he's trying to avoid confrontation. If you add to that what K4J said about how he voted at the end of day 0 on the syndicate, it's another reason to not trust him at the moment.
Could you please highlight content from Rico that you'd describe as "saying a lot without really saying anything in an intrigued tone"?
Just look at the last page. He has a lot of posts. Most jokey. And when he posts something relevant, it's like this:
It's something that makes him look involved, he's bringing something up, but it's the type that can go either side. He plants the seeds. It can catch on, but he isn't questioning him, just throwing an idea out there.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Diiny wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:The poll was about ranking a set of unrelated (?) songs from different artists and no ties were allowed.
What if I were to tell you that they weren't unrelated and that they were actually all by a band called 'Talking Heads?'

:|
What if you were to offer something more related to finding baddies? What would that look like?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can see that being a legitimate ping FZ. I'll leave Rico to answer for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman

Re: [DUSK 0] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Roxy »

kneel4justice wrote:Voted for FZ for RYM and Roxy for Syndicate.
Because they are awesome.
;)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Vote for Diiny. This man knows how to kick Day 1 into a frenzy and he's not doing it. 'Splain!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have my doubts that most mafia teams would be concerned enough with a "Dusk 0" poll that they'd deliberately coordinate their votes beyond a couple people maybe on any one person.
I can testify from experience that a) its not unheard of but also b) it's really really really not a good move to make. I remember one game I played on another site where all but one of our team voted for an advantage to one of our teammates on day 0. After she flipped bad, the civs picked us off one by one. Except the one guy who didn't vote with us. He laughed at us bts. He laughed lots. I still hear his laughter.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RYM is random in general
Yay!! I should play there. Off topic is my favorite topic!!
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Naw, there might actually be strategic value to this if people really pursue it as something meaningful. Anyone that has even played one game with me knows I was joking when I called myself a low poster.

Yeah, I'm messing around. That said, I'm happy with Zeb's reaction to it considering he didn't know; I doubt mine would've differed too much. I've seen good day 1 cases originally based off of much less. I'm gonna be watching the rest of his day 1 pretty carefully, because I want to know whether he's out to find some scum, or whether he's off to just rip into onto the first baby gazelle he can spot, if you catch my drift.

There's definitely a history of scum players asking non questions like 'are you scum' and 'why are you scum', though. Strawhenge in Bowiemafsprung to mind... https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message ... msg5882983 (I'm not sure how the TS legal system works but despite this being RYM case law I submit that you consider it as highly influential)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

kk caught all up - not too many posts - yet (lets keep it that way JJJ ;) )

Thoughts

Leave it to MP/Sloonei to match the polls - I do like how The Syndicater's knew what we were really voting for instead of RYM'er's bc they would have had 0 idea wtf they were doing. :p

RBzddkktlamndt - No thank ye for my vote :ponder: how rude! :p

Not seeing anything that I would vote over quite yet but it is early - I am tempted to say I will randomize if nothing concrete happens just to start a shitstorm - I think I will.

I am gonna randomize my vote if nothing that I consider concrete happens.

Have I said
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

bea wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RYM is random in general
Then you will be disappointed - they hate OT there :haha:
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey RYMers, let me give you a little insight on some things that are either polarizing or unpopular on The Syndicate, so you can do them even more to drive them nuts. :haha:

~ rainbow lists
~ ISO analyses

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I don't find any of that annoying. But yea. Others do. Lots.

Except maybe the broadcasting town reads. Targets after all.

That said, this game is one mafia team and a sk and an indy right? So - yea. Not as big a deal.

More linki: OT Sadness. :( you made :bea: a :( :bea:

linki ROX!!!!!!!! :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Roxy wrote:I want to rsv Ricochet so he will slow his roll :p
I have a good time... when I go out of my mind.

:workit:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Roxy wrote:
bea wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RYM is random in general
Then you will be disappointed - they hate OT there :haha:
Yeah sorry anyone who might like to visit RYM, but the OT forum is off-limits to new users right now while the admins make Big Decisions for the Future or something. :disappoint:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Bealet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs: and Image
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Choutas wrote:
espers wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

He tried the regular rym opening move. Some of them are "Are you scum?", "Do you have a special ability", "You're town?". In the earlier games it was pretty wild "Tell me your role", "Give me a reason not to shoot you today" etc. Seaside is old school. He's still listening to 2Pac and Biggie while you guys have moved to Nicki and Kanye.
I think I might adore you. That is all. :)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Yeah, I'm messing around. That said, I'm happy with Zeb's reaction to it considering he didn't know; I doubt mine would've differed too much. I've seen good day 1 cases originally based off of much less. I'm gonna be watching the rest of his day 1 pretty carefully, because I want to know whether he's out to find some scum, or whether he's off to just rip into onto the first baby gazelle he can spot, if you catch my drift.

There's definitely a history of scum players asking non questions like 'are you scum' and 'why are you scum', though. Strawhenge in Bowiemafsprung to mind... https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message ... msg5882983 (I'm not sure how the TS legal system works but despite this being RYM case law I submit that you consider it as highly influential)
Werd. Zebra had no idea what kind of mafia player I am so I don't hold it against him. I even love the effort level and enthusiasm he has opened the game with.

Hey Zebra, I hope you and I can sustain a healthy dialogue because if we're both townies like I suspect then I think we can work well together. I like your style. :slick:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Brian. (bcornet), you've had a weak start. From a player such as yourself that loves to quickly go toe-to-toe with anything new or challenging that may present itself and read into stuff a lot, I expected more from you than a pretty weak RVS and a lack of meaningful interaction with the thread whatsoever. What's up?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote: My main suspicion at this point is Ricco. First of all, he seems to be saying a lot, without really saying anything. Even when he voiced some suspicion, it's done in an "intrigued" tone, as if he's trying to avoid confrontation. If you add to that what K4J said about how he voted at the end of day 0 on the syndicate, it's another reason to not trust him at the moment.
Highly demanding of you for me to have already consistent suspicions. Try not to look so disappointed. :workit: I addressed the current topics, the way I always do.

As for K4J's recap of my D0 interactions, you should pay attention to her last sentence. As for my votes, I voted one leading option to take it out of a tie and two other options, in a situation in which it was impossible for me not to create ties, including voting a particular option for the first time, that tied with a similarly low-voted option. I offered my collaboration to mend things if needed later. The poll then got more votes, that led to a no tie final shape. Sounds like a good outcome.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Roxy wrote:Have I said
OT /OT

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"Rico! So good to see you. Such a happy day!!!!!"

...no?

ok
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I should say that's more than an accusation of you being too quiet per se, it's an accusation of you being fundementally off-meta.

Sorsha also raised my eyebrow, chiming in to answer an easy question about polls and then leaving without sharing any views or making any real attempt to play mafia.

I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Just look at the last page. He has a lot of posts. Most jokey. And when he posts something relevant, it's like this:
It's something that makes him look involved, he's bringing something up, but it's the type that can go either side. He plants the seeds. It can catch on, but he isn't questioning him, just throwing an idea out there.
"Wanting to hear more from him" sounds like questioning to me.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”