Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 15

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:Back home. I see your posts are full of shit. How does it feel being cornered, Dom?

I'm 5sq from the Tribunal. You are 1sq or 2sq west of me, which means you are closer to the Tribunal than i am. You lied.

Catching up now.
No I didn't-- you said you went through the portal, which is close to the tribunal. that was my logic. You broadly using assumptions to clean up a false narrative.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

Dom wrote:Sorsha did not recruit me.
I actually believe you on this. Timmer makes more sense if Epig had the Gem :p
Sorsha and Golden were very close to that square so she would've known Epig's items.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:
Dom wrote:Sorsha did not recruit me.
I actually believe you on this. Timmer makes more sense if Epig had the Gem :p
Sorsha and Golden were very close to that square so she would've known Epig's items.
Timmer didn't recruit me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 14

Post by fingersplints »

Dom wrote:
LoRab wrote: I really do think the statue was recruited by the civ cause.

Of the knowledged I've gained, I think SVS tried to kill Splints. There are other suspicions I had of those now dead that were also based on knowledge.
This post of LoRab's tells you everything you need to know.
fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:I just caught up for a little and realised... the voting is in part based on emotion. It makes me sad.

I didn't really realised how much of that was in it, but I'm just asking for your trust for one day. I fear if we don't take out tranq now it's game over. If tranq dies today and a team is actually ended, then I'll vote for dom with anyone else tomorrow, I will give my promise.
We will see what Dom's reason for continuing suspecting me is. You don't find it all weird that he can't give a reason why he suspects one of his two suspects this game?
I have explained this. My initial suspicion of you has been discussed many a time. Day 9 is full of that. However, at this point, it's just down to numbers. And you would be my next guess after Tranq/SVS.
And I have explained that I don't think you explained it well at all and I would like you to again. Many things have happened since Day 9. It's now day 15. Your suspicion of me has felt made up from the beginning, and especially now that I'm pretty sure literally every one else in the game except you knows my role and has for days.

Since you can't be bothered to look up your fake reason for suspecting me, I will do it for you. Let's go back to day 9.
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
I'm probably voting Bass. I feel alright about the Wilgy vote though. like I said this seems more like his baddie game vs what I saw when I hosted him. I was hoping to reread the game this reminds me most of (90's Mafia on jtm) but haven't had a chance to, and seems it probably won't be necessary at this point.
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
What?
If Wilgy doesn't flip the way I think he will-- you might be my next vote.

"Wilgy is probably bad, but I won't vote there."
Why?
To avoid having responsibility for his death.

IDK highly contingent on Wilgy's allignment, but this post stank to me.
And then we had a back and forth about whether or not you suspected me for a while. I still disagree with you on all that, and I think I only got your attention when I said I wasn't sure you were a civvie anymore. :shrug2:

So now that both Wilgy and Bass have been revealed as civvies, and actual baddies from that team have been lynched.... I repeat, Why do you suspect me to be circle?
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Dom wrote: FS hinted that she knew she'd survive, it makes me question which is true.
please show me where I hinted at this.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

ok here is where I stand: I for one, am glad we have 48 hours. I am not sure why it's being rushed. I'm still not sure how I want to vote yet. I feel like Dom is saying all the wrong things and it's making me suspect him more and more. Tranq I feel is saying all the right things, but I am not sure I can get past Goldens assurance. I do not think its tranq and SVS like Golden is saying. I think Tranq OR SVS is cabal. That leaves Dom for circle unless Draconus is fooling us.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Dom wrote:
Tranq wrote:Back home. I see your posts are full of shit. How does it feel being cornered, Dom?

I'm 5sq from the Tribunal. You are 1sq or 2sq west of me, which means you are closer to the Tribunal than i am. You lied.

Catching up now.
No I didn't-- you said you went through the portal, which is close to the tribunal. that was my logic. You broadly using assumptions to clean up a false narrative.
Hold on. This is interesting.

One of your very first posts today, posted 10 minutes after the Night Post:
Dom wrote:I have reason to believe they're at the tribunal-- which means they have at least two people working with them.
I only mentioned going through a portal earlier today, discussing events of Night 12.

What's interesting is right after the Night Post you assumed i was near the Tribunal portal today. Which is the square i told SVS and Sorsha i was going to. Which you only could've known if Sorsha told you through baddie btsc.

You slipped up.

BAM :D
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:
Dom wrote:

Catching up now.
Hold on. This is interesting.

One of your very first posts today, posted 10 minutes after the Night Post:
Dom wrote:I have reason to believe they're at the tribunal-- which means they have at least two people working with them.
I only mentioned going through a portal earlier today, discussing events of Night 12.

What's interesting is right after the Night Post you assumed i was near the Tribunal portal today. Which is the square i told SVS and Sorsha i was going to. Which you only could've known if Sorsha told you through baddie btsc.

You slipped up.

BAM :D
Nope.

I literally said that because SVS was off the poll and it was the first thing that came to my mind.

You provided further reasons for that thought later.

Nice try
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Hahaha bullshit. You slipped up mate. Busted fair and square :D
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:
Dom wrote: FS hinted that she knew she'd survive, it makes me question which is true.
please show me where I hinted at this.
Gladly!
fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:Looks like the trickster is a townie.

Tranq made a point.. how do you know this reval won't be a lie? But my gut says there is nothing in the trickster's role that would cause this host reveal to be a lie. And, I kind of wonder if some of the anti-trickster vote sentiment was from people who were a little afraid that we would find out the trickster wasn't bad.

I'm glad to see fingersplints survive, and I'd like to know if she has any inclination as to who tried to kill her.
I do actually. :) I think it was SVS. But if not her, Tranq.
Made a mistake trying to NK me ;)

Tranq - can you tell me why it was SVS and not you who tried to kill me? SVS - same question about Tranq
Underlined portion is what made me think you might have known you'd survive a NK or how you'd survive a NK and making the block result less useful.

anyway, I am sorry you think my suspicion of you is contrived. It's not-- it's reaching. I don't really know beyond SVS and Tranq, but you're my best guess. If I'm missing your role, then... :shrug: Lorab didn't know it either, as far as I'm aware.

You say Tranq is saying all the right things, but I'd llike to bring a few pieces of information to your attention:
1) Tranq said that LoRab is likely circle using some sort of item to make herself appear civvie like the Trickster. He later theorizes that LoRab was not Circle at all and was civvie to explain away that I survived a NK from the Circle. He can't have it both ways though. How many items did LoRab create?

2) Tranq claims to know SVS is bad and is working with her. According to him, there's one Circle left and one Cabal. IF I am that circle (and I am not)-- why am I more of a priority to him than SVS? Why is he SO against her being lynched?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:Hahaha bullshit. You slipped up mate. Busted fair and square :D
No... I didn't....?

You're making shit up AGAIN.

I literally said that because SVS was off the poll? Like Timmer was? I don't know of any other way to be off the poll.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

fingersplints wrote:ok here is where I stand: I for one, am glad we have 48 hours. I am not sure why it's being rushed. I'm still not sure how I want to vote yet. I feel like Dom is saying all the wrong things and it's making me suspect him more and more. Tranq I feel is saying all the right things, but I am not sure I can get past Goldens assurance. I do not think its tranq and SVS like Golden is saying. I think Tranq OR SVS is cabal. That leaves Dom for circle unless Draconus is fooling us.
I am definitely not fooling anyone. I told Golden my role and alignment. I even had some proof of my role for him. He shouldn't have any reason to doubt me. I even have more proof should I run into him again (or you for that matter). But, tbh, I haven't been moving on the map too much lately. I'm too terrified to.
But I do agree with you, FS, that Dom could still be the last Circle. I agree with Golden, too, though. Which is why I'm not moving my vote. I feel like every time I've moved my vote lately, we've lynched a civ.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Dom wrote:You say Tranq is saying all the right things, but I'd llike to bring a few pieces of information to your attention:
1) Tranq said that LoRab is likely circle using some sort of item to make herself appear civvie like the Trickster. He later theorizes that LoRab was not Circle at all and was civvie to explain away that I survived a NK from the Circle. He can't have it both ways though. How many items did LoRab create?
I was 100% convinced LoRab was bad even after she flipped civ. SVS was 100% convinced Sorsha was bad. LoRab being civ explains SVS being blocked which explains her failed fingersplints NK, while Sorsha being bad explains her voting pattern. So yeah, i realise i was wrong. Not the first time i've been wrong this game but i'm hopeful it's the last time.
Dom wrote:2) Tranq claims to know SVS is bad and is working with her. According to him, there's one Circle left and one Cabal. IF I am that circle (and I am not)-- why am I more of a priority to him than SVS? Why is he SO against her being lynched?
As of last night, there is 1 Circle and 1 Cabal left. Before Sorsha's death, there were more Circles alive than Cabal. SVS isn't on the poll today, but even if she was i still would've voted you. I like to keep my word when i make a deal, especially one made with SVS. She is one of only 3 players, maybe 4, in this mafia community i'd consider making a deal with.

Also, you slipped up.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Draconus wrote:But I do agree with you, FS, that Dom could still be the last Circle. I agree with Golden, too, though. Which is why I'm not moving my vote. I feel like every time I've moved my vote lately, we've lynched a civ.
You're mislynching a civ if you don't move your vote today. You know i wanted to lynch Dom over LoRab yesterday. I was sure she was bad, but i wanted to lynch Dom first. Had we been online at the same time it could've happened. You're not cursed, Draco. Moving your vote doesn't equal lynching a civ :p

No disrespect to Golden, but he hasn't always been correct in his assumptions. Neither have i. But i mean, come on. I'm not a member of the team that NK'd me! There's enough proof to confirm SVS targetted fingersplints with an NK. I'm neither Cabal nor Circle. Please don't leave your vote on me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:
Dom wrote:You say Tranq is saying all the right things, but I'd llike to bring a few pieces of information to your attention:
I was 100% convinced LoRab was bad even after she flipped civ. SVS was 100% convinced Sorsha was bad. LoRab being civ explains SVS being blocked which explains her failed fingersplints NK, while Sorsha being bad explains her voting pattern. So yeah, i realise i was wrong. Not the first time i've been wrong this game but i'm hopeful it's the last time.
So... which is it?
Because you're still holding me accountable for both scenarios, which, according to you, should be mutually exclusive.
Tranq wrote:
Dom wrote:2) Tranq claims to know SVS is bad and is working with her. According to him, there's one Circle left and one Cabal. IF I am that circle (and I am not)-- why am I more of a priority to him than SVS? Why is he SO against her being lynched?
As of last night, there is 1 Circle and 1 Cabal left. Before Sorsha's death, there were more Circles alive than Cabal. SVS isn't on the poll today, but even if she was i still would've voted you. I like to keep my word when i make a deal, especially one made with SVS. She is one of only 3 players, maybe 4, in this mafia community i'd consider making a deal with.
No, it's because you're bad and wouldn't lynch SVS because... well... that wouldn't get you closer to winning, would it?

Also-- how exactly were you rezzed, again? :suspish:
Tranq wrote:Also, you slipped up.
No I didn't, and repeating yourself doesn't make it true.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Dom wrote:
Tranq wrote:
So... which is it?
Because you're still holding me accountable for both scenarios, which, according to you, should be mutually exclusive.
You're doing that thing again where you're not reading my posts. Read again.
Dom wrote:No, it's because you're bad and wouldn't lynch SVS because... well... that wouldn't get you closer to winning, would it?
"Repeating yourself doesn't make it true."
Dom wrote:Also-- how exactly were you rezzed, again? :suspish:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 74#p205274

Maybe you won't read this either: Dom, do not move your vote from me today! :wiz:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I switched back to Tranq. I really hate this day. I don't trust either of the two. Really not sure this is a good idea but idk what else to do. I don't trust Dom. And I don't really trust Tranq either, but more people I do have some trust of are against him.

I don't know what to do :/

Linki :confused2:
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

So, tranq, you were rezzed by your actions, but it's impossible you were killed by your own team....

However, when it comes to me, my own team DEFINITELY wasted a kill on me, right?

:rolleyes:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I have to get going in a bit. Timezones are a bitch. Read my posts, everyone. Dom is the only baddie on this poll.

linki: fingersplints PLEASE change your vote back o.O Don't let Dom get to you. I don't want to get mislynched on Day effin' 15...

even more linki: It's my role. And yes they did.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

It's gotten really quiet. I feel very uneasy about this.
Gro-oo-ovy
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

fingersplints wrote:It's gotten really quiet. I feel very uneasy about this.
You and me both. A part of me still clings to hope. The other, bigger part of me feels like we lost this game when we lynched Bass and Matt :(

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Oh come on really nobody bothered to post afater i left? This is incredible fristrating. Draco FS Golden are any of you even around at this point? You're lynching a civ at Day 15, this is endgame. Im sure not one of you believes Dom isnt bad, he is bad. He is Circle. I honestly dont get why some of you seem to think there is a 50/50 shot of either me or SVS being Cabal, but there is a 100% shot ofDom being Circle. PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE someone change their vote. I'm begging you. Don't allow the baddies to win.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

:stare: :stare: :stare:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hi.

Rezz please.

Bye.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm here. Currently at a bar with a good friend. But I'm trying to be present. I am sorry if we are wrong, Tranq. I have never made it anywhere close to end game as a civ before, and my paranoia is worse than it has ever been (irl included). I really hope to see a Golden and FS in here before the end. I would like one last discussion.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:Oh come on really nobody bothered to post afater i left? This is incredible fristrating. Draco FS Golden are any of you even around at this point? You're lynching a civ at Day 15, this is endgame. Im sure not one of you believes Dom isnt bad, he is bad. He is Circle. I honestly dont get why some of you seem to think there is a 50/50 shot of either me or SVS being Cabal, but there is a 100% shot ofDom being Circle. PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE someone change their vote. I'm begging you. Don't allow the baddies to win.
This is literally the argument I've been making against SVS for days and you just had to go after LoRab and me. :rolleyes:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

no u
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:no u
nub :p
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Dom, are you bad?

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I think Dom is civvie.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Lol

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

-= Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies =-

The remaining players huddled around a low fire, as the remaining chill winds from the unseasonable snow a few days ago blew through. They said little, and exchanged many suspicious looks, but survival was survival, and the night was cold.

A snapping branch from the darkness beyond the fire caught their attention, and they snapped their respective gazes to the shadowy night. Some stood and grabbed weapons. A shape slowly appeared, moaning softly through rotted lips. A pair of glasses with a broken lens sat on the bridge of a nose that was near rotted away, and the white lab coat it wore was stained with repulsive-smelling liquids. The Psionic Ninja attempted to breach the creature's mind, but instead got a sharp headache and a sense of abhorrent disgust.

"Dr Von Dreszenstein!" the Ninja cried. "He's... he's..."

"A zombie!" The Quantum Key finished the Ninja's stammering attempt, and quickly grabbed a large rock from beside the fire, wincing as it burned her hands. Just before the zombie reached the fear-stricken Ninja with a bony claw, she hurled the rock across the fire and past the Ninja, striking the zombie in the chest. Quickly, she sprang forward and snatched the Ninja's sword from its scabbard and plunged it into Tranq's head.

The Psionic Ninja shook his head and glared at the Quantum Key, his voice chilling her. "Nobody touches my blade."

Tranq has been lynched. He was Dr Von Dreszenstein's zombie, and a member of the Witherdeath Cabal. It is now Night 15.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Nub Tranq :p :lorab: :fiesta:
Slightly unexpected result, though :ponder:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:clap:

Tranq, you played well. Sorry you're bad. :/
Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 15

Post by Draconus »

Agreed. GG Tranq :)

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

I have been saying for days the Cabal is not down to one. The fact SVS was off the poll suggests to me that there are two more...

Tranq - you were an utterly formidable opponent. I'd prefer to beat you, but if you and your team win it will be completely deserved.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, I figure if Dr Dre dies he just gets to rezz as his own zombie, so Tranq 1.0 was probably Dr Dre, that explains it :)

Thank you everyone for listening to me :) I was so certain that the cabal was not only down to one. It needed to be proved. The idea of tranq and SVS doing some deal where one was a civ and only cared about taking down the circle...

Well played :beer: but I'm actually glad it was a lie. The idea that it was the truth that SVS was a civ and not willing to play ball with the civs had made me a little upset and stressed, because I'd begun to believe it might be true. I feel much better about the game this way, even if we can't get the civs over the line.

But now I'm feeling more positive about our odds again.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Thank you, whoever voted with me (I can't see the poll) for keeping the faith and going through with it.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Golden, I am proud to have helped the cause and make it this far. I don't feel as good about our odds, though. I will maintain hope while I canb, though.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quiet. :/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

They are probably afraid you're gonna kill them, I know that *I* am.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Hopefully not me since he has been working on lynching me.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

We can still talk though. I'm a bit surprised there was more then one left. I didn't expect a recruit. A couple of days ago a thought "maybe we should be paranoid about more recruits. It IS kinda these hosts thing" but then I put it out of my mind :/

So, who is left then? I don't understand Tranq vs SVS in the thread if he was recruited by her. Why even call that much attention to himself since he was pretty relatively under the radar a lot of the game.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

And I forgot to say last night, I can now see why you thought that from that post Dom (about surviving the kill), but that is not the mistake I am talking about. Now unfortunately it isn't narrowed down as much as I thought since SVS and Tranq were around the same area during both kills.

Actually, thinking about that I have to look back into the timeline of that. SVS and Tranq were on the same square during my attempted kill, but Tranq claimed he went through the portal while SVS stayed, but they seemed to have met back up by the Sorsha kill. Idk I have to look back at the map some more, but something isn't adding up from where he was and where SVS could have moved to. Could be something they discussed in baddie btsc and not map btsc like they seemed to say. In case circle finds me and tries to kill me tonight, there could be something there
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:We can still talk though. I'm a bit surprised there was more then one left. I didn't expect a recruit. A couple of days ago a thought "maybe we should be paranoid about more recruits. It IS kinda these hosts thing" but then I put it out of my mind :/

So, who is left then? I don't understand Tranq vs SVS in the thread if he was recruited by her. Why even call that much attention to himself since he was pretty relatively under the radar a lot of the game.
SVS is bad with Tranq. I am civvie, and I'm fairly sure Golden is civvie. The only two possibilities I see for Circle are you and Draco.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I've got my fingers crossed for you tonight Dom :)

You have very limited options tonight. Spending days fixated on one person may have cost you the game.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

What a coincidence, I played Clue earlier today!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:I've got my fingers crossed for you tonight Dom :)

You have very limited options tonight. Spending days fixated on one person may have cost you the game.
How ominous.

I'm not bad... so....?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK :)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 15

Post by Long Con »

-= Weapon of a God =-

The gathered pantheon had grown substantially as the fate of the infant realm played out. Deities of mathematics, of lightning, of chance, and of fear. News of the wager had raised a level of interest in the farthest planar reaches, and many had come to see the greatest of them, Long Con, lose to a young deity of only a few centuries.

They were all surprised, Long Con most of all, when a tiny fragment of His power split off from him and shot down into the realm. Dark Willow's eyes glowed black with sinister approval, and she grinned mockingly. "
That was quite generous of you. I hope you're not trying to influence the outcome of the wager!" The other gods murmured to each other in concern, while Long Con shot her an unreadable gaze and returned his attention to the land below.

Golden stood on the small rocky plateau, looking up into the night. He could sense something happening, something powerful. As he gazed deep into the darkness between the stars, he saw a new star forming. Could it be a sign? Some sort of omen, to guide him? Perhaps he didn't need to find the Spirit Oracle after all! The heavens themselves would show him the way!

As the star grew bigger and bigger, though, Golden realized that it wasn't an omen at all. His keen eyes began to make out more and more detail on the bright object as it got closer. It was like a glowing ball of lava, shining orange and white, shifting with raw power as it hurtled toward him. He balled his hands up into fists and spread his arms wide, gathering what power he could with a primal scream. The ground beneath his feet cracked as he braced himself, and then the holy meteor was upon him, slamming down with immeasurable force!

The impact left a huge, smoke-filled crater in the ground where Golden stood. Silence, deep and thick, fell on the area, and all was still until a soft breeze began to blow, slowly clearing the smoke. A mound of dust in the crater's centre began to shift. The dust fell away to reveal Golden, rising and standing tall.

He raised a fist and cried defiantly, "Is that all you've got, Circle? Is that all you've got?!"

Golden has not been killed by the Circle of Decay. It is now Day 16.

Return to “Previous Jobs”