Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 113

Re: [DAY 2] Pet Sounds Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

Nvm... My joke was lost in translation.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MM, did you change from guest status to revealed?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My status is always revealed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

That is what I thought. Hmm... Questions for later.
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Also listening to the 8bit This Must Be the Place while watching my avatar still gives me a big dumb smile, thank's MP!
:beer:
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Boomslang »

RIP FZ. Hardmode is right when the cop goes down on the first night... sigh.
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Wait a second. Zebra, are you saying that you read the thread, read that I proposed a CFD, didn't know what it ment, read that Tranq had to google search it, didn't google search it yourself in the 24 hours we had between phases, and are just now concerned with what a CFD is, when it involves you?
Correct. Your case against me was that unconvincing. I didn't even care enough to respond to it and also didn't care enough to worry about whatever a CFD is to know that if it meant any kind of trouble for me and it was your suggestion to the rest of town, it wasn't going to happen.
Now this is an interesting post. Especially when it regards vocabulary that became important to following the thread. That kind of cockiness might come from knowing that you've got two other people in your corner (the rest of the mafia) who won't board your wagon. If the case was so unconvincing, it should have been easy to refute, right?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:I don't have much to say about Luke and Matt, but they were both BC voters, which as we all know turned out to be a terrible idea. Matt thought "someone in the Luke voters is bad," which is fair enough, but then he conveniently picked BC out of those. Luke seems to be barely keeping up with the thread, while Matt has definitely been around and should know what's up. I'd like to hear more from both.
No, the vote wasn't convenient. I would've rather put my vote on Floyd, because Floyd is Luke's friend irl and knows more then anyone how new Luke is, but again, at the time only Bcornett had votes out of the three who voted him. What's more, after Boomslang's original sus of Luke, I pointed out how new Luke was, and he continued getting votes from both bcornett and Floyd.

Right now, I agree that FZ seemed to defend both Luke and Wilgy, so I won't be voting either today, however...
DrWilgy wrote:From a game in a half history with Floyd, it seems that he's not a frequent poster. I wouldn't put Floyd on my scumdar because of his behavior so far, but I don't want to have a LYLO situation with civ floyd at this moment. So if his contributions don't increase by the time we come close to LYLO and I'm not dead set on a better option, I would pluck him regardless of alignment.
Really?

Anyway, Floyd, why did you vote for Luke? In the post voting for him, you said "You really have to read the whole thread before posting"...so did you think he was bad or was it just a place vote which you never got around to changing?

Btw, if Zebra is posting in all caps, then she's probably good. :P
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matt F wrote:
Enrique wrote:I don't have much to say about Luke and Matt, but they were both BC voters, which as we all know turned out to be a terrible idea. Matt thought "someone in the Luke voters is bad," which is fair enough, but then he conveniently picked BC out of those. Luke seems to be barely keeping up with the thread, while Matt has definitely been around and should know what's up. I'd like to hear more from both.
No, the vote wasn't convenient. I would've rather put my vote on Floyd, because Floyd is Luke's friend irl and knows more then anyone how new Luke is, but again, at the time only Bcornett had votes out of the three who voted him. What's more, after Boomslang's original sus of Luke, I pointed out how new Luke was, and he continued getting votes from both bcornett and Floyd.

Right now, I agree that FZ seemed to defend both Luke and Wilgy, so I won't be voting either today, however...
DrWilgy wrote:From a game in a half history with Floyd, it seems that he's not a frequent poster. I wouldn't put Floyd on my scumdar because of his behavior so far, but I don't want to have a LYLO situation with civ floyd at this moment. So if his contributions don't increase by the time we come close to LYLO and I'm not dead set on a better option, I would pluck him regardless of alignment.
Really?

Anyway, Floyd, why did you vote for Luke? In the post voting for him, you said "You really have to read the whole thread before posting"...so did you think he was bad or was it just a place vote which you never got around to changing?

Btw, if Zebra is posting in all caps, then she's probably good. :P
How is FZ defending anyone relevant?

And yes, really.
Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

FZ was the cop. I'm pretty sure at the beginning of the game, the cop was told one civilian identity. Since the only two she seemed to defend were you and Luke, it stands to reason that one of you may be the identity she received at the start.
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matt F wrote:FZ was the cop. I'm pretty sure at the beginning of the game, the cop was told one civilian identity. Since the only two she seemed to defend were you and Luke, it stands to reason that one of you may be the identity she received at the start.
Yeah, FZ was given a pre game check. I missed that, so lets look into this. .
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Enrique. What made Boomslangs faulty logic more influential than other logics on last poll?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Can everyone post who they think is the mafia team at this point?

Mine is Zebra, Boomslang, and Choutas still. Choutas can be substituted for MM and Bea.
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy wrote:Enrique. What made Boomslangs faulty logic more influential than other logics on last poll?
The fact that people followed him.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Enrique. What made Boomslangs faulty logic more influential than other logics on last poll?
The fact that people followed him.
That is the definition of influential :P I'd argue that my vote wasn't so much influential in terms of argument as in giving an excuse for other uncommitted voters (bcornett, Floyd) to put their names on the poll. You'll notice they followed directly after me (9, 10, 11). I changed my selection once I felt satisfied with the level of discussion about the point; the other two did not.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boomslang, what are your thoughts on Choutas and Zebra?
Image Image Image
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Floyd, what makes you absolutely sure that Me, MM, and Zebra aren't on the same team?
Zebra and MM, from what I could make it, were trying to tear each other apart.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Is it possible that they are on the same team and are now trying to distance one another? Wouldn't distancing yourself from teammates be the thing to do if they were mafia? especially considering the suspicion that has been thrown Zebra's way?
Image Image Image
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

DrWilgy wrote:Is it possible that they are on the same team and are now trying to distance one another? Wouldn't distancing yourself from teammates be the thing to do if they were mafia? especially considering the suspicion that has been thrown Zebra's way?
That is a very good point, it could be either way.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy wrote:Is it possible that they are on the same team and are now trying to distance one another? Wouldn't distancing yourself from teammates be the thing to do if they were mafia? especially considering the suspicion that has been thrown Zebra's way?
I'd be down for a Zebra lynch today, honestly. If that was their plan it backfired completely (to clarify: I don't think they're teammates at all).
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 75

Post by a2thezebra »

The logic that I sense is being spread around today is downright cringe-worthy. If this game is in hard mode at the moment it's going to get a hell of a lot harder (for town) if I'm lynched.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I really don't see how DrWilgy's reasoning is justified from a civ perspective. If it was just regarding his thoughts on me I could overlook it but even from the start of the game he's been pushing ideas that just don't add up.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Where do they not add up? show me the work, don't let the calculator solve it for you. Also, Zebra, how is it justified from a civ perspective verses a mafia perspective? What specification needs to be made there?

Floyd, instead of going with what is most recent, can you look between two points of view on this theory? MM, Zebra, and I being on a team vs MM, Zebra, and I not being on a team? and explain where each has their merit and fault?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

If you are going to push another angle that is justifiable "from a civ perspective" by all means do so, but I don't know what else I have to go on.

Luke, Choutas, Tranq, Matt, get in here and tell us of your perspectives. Tell us what you think, and what directions you want to go? What questions need to be answered? What questions have been asked that have yet to be answered?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't like this :|
ImageImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

DrWilgy wrote: Floyd, instead of going with what is most recent, can you look between two points of view on this theory? MM, Zebra, and I being on a team vs MM, Zebra, and I not being on a team? and explain where each has their merit and fault?
Alright, my attempt at my first ISO:

Evidence for a team:
  • Wilgy and MM discussing CFD and its usage in the Talking Heads game (Zebra is unaware of what a CFD is).
    Lack of interaction with Bea, aside from one comment from Wilgy pleading that she doesn't die.
    Constant talk between the three of you (purely a coincidence that only the three of you were online? (Well, apart from Bea's statements about her health)).
Evidence for no team:
  • Wilgy grabbing dinner as soon as Zebra asks him what a CFD is.
    Wilgy asking Zebra why she's only questioned Choutas' no lynch vote once.
    Zebra reading "very deeply" into MM's posts.
    The voting of one another (this could also be evidence for a team, if they're trying to pin it on one another to keep themselves perceived as civ).
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I have no idea what any of that means.

How is being online at the same time evidence of a team?

It looks to me like one of them is getting lynched today. Which sure, could be a great plan in the long run, but why go such lengths when achieving LYLO isn't really that hard? That's an enormous risk to be taking.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What do you not like Enrique.

Thanks Floyd. Your points may help me judge whether or not MM and Zebra are on a team.
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't like that everyone who's voted has voted for you except the two of us. I don't like the way any case is being led.

"You guys were online at the same time so you must be in a team," I mean, what??
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I think it's better than nothing, plus I too have been watching online and offline status in my free time.

I wish people would be clear and precise on who and why they are voting. With the cop dead, all we have going for us is good discussion.
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Knowing that I am civ and seeing the way MM and Wilgy have interacted with each other, I don't think there is a team within the three of us. :shrug:

But Wilgy's reasoning has been consistently contrived.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hey Floyd, I think you may have missed this.
Matt F wrote:Anyway, Floyd, why did you vote for Luke? In the post voting for him, you said "You really have to read the whole thread before posting"...so did you think he was bad or was it just a place vote which you never got around to changing?
Wilgy, I don't know which direction to look right now. Again, you and Luke were slightly defended by FZ. On top of that, you already have 70 posts in this game which is more then you had after like 6 day phases in Talking Heads so if you're bad again, then you're playing it way different. I made a joke earlier about it, but when Zebra starts shouting in all caps, that's typical civ behavior from Zebra I've seen in recent games.

I'd like to hear more from Tranq and whenever she gets better, bea.

Placing a vote on Floyd for now. He hasn't answered my question I posed above despite posting three times since then. I find it really weird that he would vote for his rl buddy knowing Luke is still super new.

Linki - Zebra - I see you've voted for Wilgy. Don't you think he could possibly be the civilian FZ found at the beginning of the game or no? Also, Wilgy is being waaaay different then TH.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm not sure why you seem to be sold that Wilgy is likely a civ based on that hypothesis. Could you elaborate? And what weak reasoning to suggest that just because his behavior here is different from his baddie behavior in another game that invalidates how scummy he is behaving here and now. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about when I get discouraged from participating in a game as much as I'd like to aspire to because the rest of town isn't making any sense.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm not sold on Wilgy being civ. But the fact stands that FZ did say she liked him for now, and you have to admit that he is posting way more then he did as a baddy in TH, which is the only other game I've played with him (besides LC's where he replaced, I think). I think that makes sense, why don't you?
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm not sure why you seem to be sold that Wilgy is likely a civ based on that hypothesis. Could you elaborate? And what weak reasoning to suggest that just because his behavior here is different from his baddie behavior in another game that invalidates how scummy he is behaving here and now. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about when I get discouraged from participating in a game as much as I'd like to aspire to because the rest of town isn't making any sense.
I agree it's silly to make judgements based on other games.

But I still don't think he's playing as scum. I don't even really know what to say. It was frustrating when the votes were all on me, yeah, but I feel like a reread gave me a lot of perspective. DrWilgy is genuinely scum-hunting. I'm honestly not as sold on anyone's alignment as I am on his.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Zebra, I'm still looking for the work here. You say my thoughts are contrived. Show me how, and where. Give me proof.

Matt, I'll let you know that I play most games differently and they are irrelevant to my alignment. I set tempos for how I play the game, sometimes i'll dick around the entire time, sometimes I'll play the master background schemer, sometimes I'll try hard. Normally I will follow my tempo to the end of a game once it has been set, unless something prevents me from doing so. Setting tempo is just something I do as a bassist I guess. Meta isn't something you should use to judge me, at least in my own opinion, rather my actions in game due to deliberately setting tempo.

Enrique, it bothers me that you are sold on my alignment. Only scum should be sold on alignment, y'know because they know everyone's alignment.
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

As is a keyword here. I'm more confident in you being a civ than my main suspects (A2Z, Floyd, Boomslang) being bad.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Understood, I just recommend that you don't confuse post count and frequency with civvie behavior.
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt F wrote:I'm not sold on Wilgy being civ. But the fact stands that FZ did say she liked him for now, and you have to admit that he is posting way more then he did as a baddy in TH, which is the only other game I've played with him (besides LC's where he replaced, I think). I think that makes sense, why don't you?
Do you really think FZ investigated him before dying? Post count doesn't matter, I fluctuate between posting a lot and posting little in games often and it says nothing about my alignment. Need more sense. I'm not sold on DrWilgy actually scumhunting. Making cases and posting frequently sure, but I haven't seen anything from him that has convinced me that he is genuine.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

*Yawns*
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:
Matt F wrote:I'm not sold on Wilgy being civ. But the fact stands that FZ did say she liked him for now, and you have to admit that he is posting way more then he did as a baddy in TH, which is the only other game I've played with him (besides LC's where he replaced, I think). I think that makes sense, why don't you?
Do you really think FZ investigated him before dying? Post count doesn't matter, I fluctuate between posting a lot and posting little in games often and it says nothing about my alignment. Need more sense. I'm not sold on DrWilgy actually scumhunting. Making cases and posting frequently sure, but I haven't seen anything from him that has convinced me that he is genuine.
The Cop starts the game with a free civvie ID. FZ knew someone, we just don't know who (except it couldn't have been BC or Boomslang).
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I think FZ's confirmed civ would more likely be you Enrique and just as likely be Luke or anyone else she mentioned positively that day. She said she liked Wilgy in response to my initial suspicion of him.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Zebra, if you had to choose one person as the civ check from FZ, who would it be.

Or you can give us a bad check if you think FZ got that.
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

One person? Enrique. Enrique was the first person FZ addressed in the thread and with welcoming arms. She did not even come close to opportunistic behavior (unlike others...cough) regarding Enrique's interest in the No Lynch concept.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Who were you addressing in that cough?
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:I think FZ's confirmed civ would more likely be you Enrique and just as likely be Luke or anyone else she mentioned positively that day. She said she liked Wilgy in response to my initial suspicion of him.
Wait, really? I can't say I noticed that. I went through her posts last night and the only people I could see her defending were Wilgy and Luke. It's cool that she didn't jump on me and all, but ultimately no one really did (except Wilgy kind of I guess).

idk honestly i'm losing hope way too fast. I don't feel like anyone's actually onto anything right now :shrug2:
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Well, she was friendy to me from the start, but don't see much commentary on me otherwise. She does bring up Luke in several consecutive posts and how the wagon against him was silly, but then again, you don't need info to have that opinion.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Don't lose hope Enrique. Do something. Bring out the people! If you are civ and lost hope, then we've already lost.
Image Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

DrWilgy wrote:Boomslang, what are your thoughts on Choutas and Zebra?
Not sure on either, but I feel better about Zebra than about Choutas. Zebra strikes me as legitimately defending, maybe a little exasperated but certainly trying. Choutas doesn't have many posts, and the ones there are largely filler (even laughs it off as "shitposts" early in the thread. Seems very low flying, and in a game this small that is even more pingy.

Return to “Previous Heists”