Moderator: Community Team

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [DAY 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Marmot »

If it's rather common for him to be lynched for spelling errors, is it also common for him to be mafia?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by DrWilgy »

Idk, I don't keep track of that.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You should vote zebra. She also had many spelling errors. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 65

Re: [DAY 0] Pikmin Mafia

Post by kneel4justice »

sig wrote:
Simon wrote:
sig wrote:I'll go with Winged since he is lonely with no votes.

I think I'm one of those young whipper snappers Epi is talking about. So I'll leave you old farts alone when you nostalgically talk about your gamecube, Zelda, color TV, and the creation of the wheel. :P
Old fart :haha: :haha: :haha: still can't stop laughing.
I'm not voting Simon since he laughed at my joke and I'm cool that way. :noble:

There seems to be a few people I haven't played with so looking forward to playing with you all.
Also glad to play with you again Glorfindel.

Voting kneel4justice

Okay, I'm not sure that much of this interaction is actually based on real opinions as opposed to throwing things out to see what becomes of it, but at least things are happening.
As for what seems noteworthy...Sig's responses seem to be the most serious material so far. Sig, when you say that you think Epi is laying the groundwork for your lynch, does that mean you think he is suspicious?
Also Glorfindel's posts, I am not quite sure what to make of them..I am thinking that he just is not used to this environment, and is thrown off by the votes - but at least, my understanding of them is that they aren't that serious. Or if they are, they are not because of any spelling errors.

BTW - is there a gender guide somewhere, MP?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:You should vote zebra. She also had many spelling errors. :nicenod:
Good Idea!

Zebra

Wilgy can be seen sneaking around with a rope...
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98

Post by a2thezebra »

I love this game already.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

kneel4justice wrote:
sig wrote:
Simon wrote:

I think I'm one of those young whipper snappers Epi is talking about. So I'll leave you old farts alone when you nostalgically talk about your gamecube, Zelda, color TV, and the creation of the wheel. :P

There seems to be a few people I haven't played with so looking forward to playing with you all.

Voting kneel4justice

Okay, I'm not sure that much of this interaction is actually based on real opinions as opposed to throwing things out to see what becomes of it, but at least things are happening.
As for what seems noteworthy...Sig's responses seem to be the most serious material so far. Sig, when you say that you think Epi is laying the groundwork for your lynch, does that mean you think he is suspicious?
Also Glorfindel's posts, I am not quite sure what to make of them..I am thinking that he just is not used to this environment, and is thrown off by the votes - but at least, my understanding of them is that they aren't that serious. Or if they are, they are not because of any spelling errors.

Something like this.

a2thezebra
agleaminranks?????
Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
Enrique
Epignosis
FZ.
Glorfindel
kneel4justice
Matt
Metalmarsh89
Scotty
sig
Simon
Soneji
Sorsha
Spacedaisy
Typhoony

If I got someone's wrong, please let me know (and sorry).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:I love this game already.
To be honest, I've never actually played Pikmin.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Sorsha »

I feel like Epignosis is trying to set sig up for lynch because he knows how bad sig can make himself look. Anyone who played Dune or A World Apart knows how easily sig can get caught up defending and make everything worse for himself.

Voting Epi
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Thanks, MM!
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

sig wrote:But wait am I being lynched for a spelling error?
I dunno... Did you say the word "currently"?
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'd make a bold statement that sig and Epi are not on the same team, if either are Mafia at all.
Glorfindel wrote:So we're underway and we're lynching Sig because of a spelling error? My God, if that's what we've come to that is a fairly sad state of affairs :(

I've only played one game here previously and I was a mess that game. I'm starting over this game and I want to put some stuff out there from the outset. Whilst I enjoy playing Mafia, I adhere to the highest standards of behaviour out of respect for each of you and consequently, I will NEVER swear, nor will I ever use the 'S' word in reference to any of you. I acknowledge that the term is commonplace but I personally find it disrespectful and have never nor will EVER resort to that language. I am telling you all this now so you won't be surprised down the track.

As for trying to lynch someone this Day phase, this is impossible. What criteria are we expected to use to determine our lynch choice? We have nothing on which to base a decision other than our respective gut feelings - which in some cases will be little better than crystal ball gazing...
I hate hate hate day 1's for this reason. It's either a random gutshot or someone wholly convinced that they're right. That being said, you have to vote. There is not a "No-Lynch" in this game.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:So we're underway and we're lynching Sig because of a spelling error? My God, if that's what we've come to that is a fairly sad state of affairs :(
I think I'm being lynched by Scotty for my post about Simon, and Idk why Zebra is voting for me. I don't think it has anything to do with a spelling error.

I'd go with D if I were you Glorfindel :beer:
It's more that I'm currently voting you for excluding someone from your crosshairs so early.

See, Wilgy did that with MM here too, but he buddy'd up with MM last time, so that's not something that is a novel concept in his meta.

In other news, I want to hear more from Typhoony and Soneji.

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 36

Post by sig »

kneel4justice wrote:
sig wrote:
Simon wrote:

Voting kneel4justice

My vote for you was just a throw away to see how you reacted. However, I am suspicious of Epi yes.

Sorsha actually gave the reasoning for why I find Epi to be suspicious as well as why I was responding the way I did to him.

Though I'm surprised Sorsha is using Dune as an example seeing how I was scum in that game, she is correct for World Reborn, but more importantly would be Long Con's strategy in TH mafia. He attempted to get me lynched day 1 since I was an easy target. Since he did this I was able to figure out he was mafia.

While this doesn't always work as a way to identify scum, it has in the past worked more often then it has failed.

While this game it isn't a certain word like in TH mafia and World Reborn. However, what I see is Epi laying the groundwork for my lynchs based around the same sort of principle. Instead of a single word he takes a post (me saying I won't lynch Simon today) and twists it to make it seem like I am on a scum team with Simon. He then waits for my reaction, which he will say is an overreaction or something along that lines.

Eventually someone will say I'm being panicky or to defensive and use that as a reason to push my lynch as well. Someone will also no doubt say my post was a scum slip and a good enough reason for a day 1 vote.

So I'll need to see some more of Epi's actions, but at this time I'd be happy to end my day with a lynch on him. For know I'll be placing my vote on him.

Epignosis
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

hoo siad ih mispel thigns
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Ah yes, you were scum in Dune, I forgot. I just remembered you being in a similar situation in both games at the same. Maybe epi thinks that since he hosted you during one of those scenarios that he can read your reactions better? :shrug: I still think it's an easy set upihim makes me suspicious of him.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:I'd make a bold statement that sig and Epi are not on the same team, if either are Mafia at all.

I've only played one game here previously and I was a mess that game. I'm starting over this game and I want to put some stuff out there from the outset. Whilst I enjoy playing Mafia, I adhere to the highest standards of behaviour out of respect for each of you and consequently, I will NEVER swear, nor will I ever use the 'S' word in reference to any of you. I acknowledge that the term is commonplace but I personally find it disrespectful and have never nor will EVER resort to that language. I am telling you all this now so you won't be surprised down the track.

As for trying to lynch someone this Day phase, this is impossible. What criteria are we expected to use to determine our lynch choice? We have nothing on which to base a decision other than our respective gut feelings - which in some cases will be little better than crystal ball gazing...
I hate hate hate day 1's for this reason. It's either a random gutshot or someone wholly convinced that they're right. That being said, you have to vote. There is not a "No-Lynch" in this game.
Would you advocate a no lynch if you were given the option?

*Wilgy is now mixing drinks... His erratic behavior is... concerning*
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'd make a bold statement that sig and Epi are not on the same team, if either are Mafia at all.

Would you advocate a no lynch if you were given the option?

*Wilgy is now mixing drinks... His erratic behavior is... concerning*
In scenarios such as this one, where a baddie could technically kill more than 1 person in one night...eh...maybe not.

In a more vanilla situation- should the option be available- I might be more inclined.

Lynching is a very powerful weapon we have as townies, though I want more logic behind voting, and I got nothing but smoke up my butt on every day 1.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@HOST

Couple questions:

Do you dictate the parameters of what Olimar can write in his journal of adventures?
6. No self-voting, even as a placeholder. This is considered an illegal move in this game as much as voting for the non-player option.
Is this new? I like it, I think.

What happens in the case of ties during a lynch?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:hoo siad ih mispel thigns
teh wdorl is moar inretesting wtih mipless wrods

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:hoo siad ih mispel thigns
teh wdorl is moar inretesting wtih mipless wrods
doun whit propar inglesh grannar is ay diseese
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

sig wrote: My vote for you was just a throw away to see how you reacted. However, I am suspicious of Epi yes.

Sorsha actually gave the reasoning for why I find Epi to be suspicious as well as why I was responding the way I did to him.

Though I'm surprised Sorsha is using Dune as an example seeing how I was scum in that game, she is correct for World Reborn, but more importantly would be Long Con's strategy in TH mafia. He attempted to get me lynched day 1 since I was an easy target. Since he did this I was able to figure out he was mafia.

While this doesn't always work as a way to identify scum, it has in the past worked more often then it has failed.

While this game it isn't a certain word like in TH mafia and World Reborn. However, what I see is Epi laying the groundwork for my lynchs based around the same sort of principle. Instead of a single word he takes a post (me saying I won't lynch Simon today) and twists it to make it seem like I am on a scum team with Simon. He then waits for my reaction, which he will say is an overreaction or something along that lines.

Eventually someone will say I'm being panicky or to defensive and use that as a reason to push my lynch as well. Someone will also no doubt say my post was a scum slip and a good enough reason for a day 1 vote.

So I'll need to see some more of Epi's actions, but at this time I'd be happy to end my day with a lynch on him. For know I'll be placing my vote on him.

Epignosis
I'm not convinced Epi's actions are coming from a scum. I agree with your statement that his claim that Simon and you are working together was not genuine, but I do not think he intended for people to take them genuinely - I mean, there really is no basis to make such a claim? I think he was definitely trying to stir things up, but I do not think that necessarily makes him bad. I think it is in his personality to do things like that. I won't pretend to know how he plays, because I was proven to be wrong in Talking Heads, but I do know that he has done what he is doing now to you, to me, when he was a townie (WWE Mafia)...but, perhaps this time he was trying to set you up so he could call you over defensive. I personally didn't take any of it serious - I thought he was simply trying to rattle your cage.

Does Sorsha usually vote/accuse so early on in these games? I cannot recall. For some reason, I thought she sat back more (maybe I did not pay as much attention to her as others who were typically more vocal in the games I've played grabbed my attention more) - but from the last game I played, I know not to trust my faulty metas...so some input from people who have experience with her would be nice.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

For what it's worth, Sorsha doesn't strike me as performing out of character with anything she's said or done yet, but I'm not too familiar with her meta either.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Player roster is now updated with links to each player's in-topic posts. I have added a gender guide in the post beneath as well (thanks to MM for providing pretty much all of it).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:@HOST

Couple questions:

Do you dictate the parameters of what Olimar can write in his journal of adventures? Not unless something is inappropriate or rule-breaking.
6. No self-voting, even as a placeholder. This is considered an illegal move in this game as much as voting for the non-player option.
Is this new? I like it, I think. It is new, although I added it into my games for the first time in Talking Heads. I like it too. :noble:

What happens in the case of ties during a lynch? Result is randomized among the tied/highest vote receivers.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I too am a huge fan of the no-self-voting rule.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

a2thezebra wrote:I too am a huge fan of the no-self-voting rule.
Would you care to explain why this is so Zebs? I'm merely asking out of curiosity as I don't necessarily see things this way and would be interested in your rationale...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Spacedaisy »

a2thezebra
agleaminranks?????
Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
Enrique
Epignosis
FZ.
Glorfindel
kneel4justice
Matt
Metalmarsh89
Scotty
sig
Simon
Soneji
Sorsha
Spacedaisy
Typhoony

If I got someone's wrong, please let me know (and sorry).[/quote]

Fixed it for you Marshy. :shifty:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Glorfindel wrote:
Would you care to explain why this is so Zebs? I'm merely asking out of curiosity as I don't necessarily see things this way and would be interested in your rationale...
I just think that not being able to (legally) self-vote motivates civs to look for other options when they otherwise wouldn't have. I've never self-voted, ever, because I think that for a civ to self-vote, it means that they are contributing to the potential lynch of someone that they are certain is a civ. Even if they have no faith in any other vote, for other players there is at least a chance that they could be bad, which is still better in no chance at all. Self-voting as either a civ or a baddie is fundamentally going against one's win condition in my opinion, so I'm glad that MP has chosen not to implement the possibility.

linki - :haha: That took me a while.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Glorfindel, I don't think that it is actually about a spelling error. Epi is just a grammar dictator. And I don't think most of these cases are serious, it's just a lot of day one silliness imo. Epi is serious, but I don't really know that it means anything, he's always like this. :p

P.S. my autocorrect changed Glorfindel to goofiness. Weird.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Enrique »

FZ. wrote:I love that Matt has all the mafia figured out. :clap:
I always wanted to play a game where everyone names who they think the mafia members are on the first day, based on gut feeling of day 0 or day 1, and then we look at the list at the end of the game and see who's intuition we should rely on in the future.
For the fun of it.

Glorfindel
Matt
sig
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lol zebra, I shouldn't be saying that stuff I'm the one with a painted in mustache in my avatar. I was doing my best llama impression for the guess who game a while back...

I'm voting Enrique for voting my buddy Glorfindel. :meany:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I second that. Enrique
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:
FZ. wrote:I love that Matt has all the mafia figured out. :clap:
I always wanted to play a game where everyone names who they think the mafia members are on the first day, based on gut feeling of day 0 or day 1, and then we look at the list at the end of the game and see who's intuition we should rely on in the future.
For the fun of it.

Glorfindel
Matt
sig
Sig's not on our team but close.

Glorfindel
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Boomslang, come vote Glorfindel with me and Enrique. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Explain, Matt.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:Explain, Matt.
I'm an innocent, clueless Pikmin, Zebra. You explain :meany:

Also I'm out until Night 1. Don't lynch me, like I said, I'm innocent of all wrong doings! :omg:
Image Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Seriously why Glorfindel? He is new, had a rough start and I would like to give him a chance to enjoy a light hearted fun game. If you all need to vote some one out just because then please vote me out instead. Seriously. If you are considering voting Glorfindel, vote for me in his place.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

P.S. if we are guessing mafia on day one, I'm going with Soneji, Typhoony and Matt. Just because.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Spacedaisy wrote:Seriously why Glorfindel? He is new, had a rough start and I would like to give him a chance to enjoy a light hearted fun game. If you all need to vote some one out just because then please vote me out instead. Seriously. If you are considering voting Glorfindel, vote for me in his place.
Whoa whoa whoa. My vote on Glorfindel was mostly joking, I didn't really assume he would get the majority by the end of tomorrow. Fyi, I'm one of those nifty peeps who sent Glorfindel a swell "hope you continue playing" e-mail. :meany:

But since Daisy asked nicely, I'll vote Boomslang.
Image Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

:hugs:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Enrique »

Matt wrote:Boomslang, come vote Glorfindel with me and Enrique. :beer:
Heh, just like the old times, eh? :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

a2thezebra wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
I just think that not being able to (legally) self-vote motivates civs to look for other options when they otherwise wouldn't have. I've never self-voted, ever, because I think that for a civ to self-vote, it means that they are contributing to the potential lynch of someone that they are certain is a civ. Even if they have no faith in any other vote, for other players there is at least a chance that they could be bad, which is still better in no chance at all. Self-voting as either a civ or a baddie is fundamentally going against one's win condition in my opinion, so I'm glad that MP has chosen not to implement the possibility.

linki - :haha: That took me a while.
I acknowledge this conversation is off topic but I find it a little intriguing as a matter of policy. I see what you're saying but I don't necessarily agree with you. I HAVE self-voted once. I was civilian and I was tied with another player. I 'knew' he was civilian (because yes, my instincts are that good :D ), he was also far more experienced than I and able to influence and persuade others in ways that were beyond me. The game hung in the balance and I knew that if the Town were to win, he had to stay in the game. So I self voted and was eliminated from the game. My assumptions proved to be correct only I hadn't been aware of the influence of the scurrilous third party who had sided with the Mafia and brought our team down in the end. I firmly believe that under the circumstances, any other course of action would have been nothing more than a self-deluded ego trip that would've surely led to a swift defeat for my team. For this reason, I believe (personally) that there are legitimate cases (such as the one I described) where self voting is an appropriate course of action.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I see. The scenario you described does seem to be a legitimate case in favor of self-voting. However, it's still against my principles.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm kinda torn at this point. I hate having to vote for someone based on no evidence or reasoning.

Right now, I see Zebs as rather genuine so I'm satisfied that she is not worthy of my vote.

I know Sig has become a formidable Mafia member (in comparison to his Town performances) and I don't know - I see signs of him putting in a genuine effort like he does when he's Mafia but some of his remarks appear to be a little clumsy so the jury is out on him.

Spacedaisy just seems nice (not unlike I'd imagine a yellow Pikmin to be :D ) so I don't expect I'll be voting for her anytime soon.

I'm not one to be drawn into retaliatory voting easily so I'm not inclined right now to vote Enrique but I am HIGHLY suspicious of the alacrity with which he latched his vote on me without (as far as I can see) any evidence :ponder:

Matt is correct - he was one of the kind souls that reached out to me following the Star Wars debacle and while I am very grateful to him for his consideration, he is mistaken if he thinks that I wouldn't vote him down in a heartbeat if I really believed he was Mafia.

I have a family medical appointment tomorrow morning before the EoD so I'll likely reserve my vote until then pending further consideration and contributions by those who've not contributed so far this Day phase.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

It's... Sorsha, Enrique and Matt!!

So many have Matt on thier list, would players be wanting to vote for him?

*Wilgy is now nowhere to be found... The lights begin to flicker in the room.
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Epignosis being random on day 1 like usual.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Voting Metalmarsh89 is against the rules. :sigh:
Really?

Metalmarsh
Self-voting is against the rules, so I would be breaking rules if I voted for him/myself.
I only noticed it after I posted it lol.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I think people are overreacting on Epi.

His way of playing reminds me a lot of how he played in Economics, where he was civ. There, he was just making random accusations and bickering about pointless things to make people mad... and that was actually an attempt at gathering reactions. It doesn't look that different here. I doubt anyone would vote on Simon or Sig based on his initial post, but it's their (or someone else's) possible reactions to that that might seal the deal.

I don't like how Sig reacted though. Felt way too overdefensive for my tastes, specially how he quickly turned this into a "NO U" argument and started accusing Epi of setting him up. But Sig seems to be doing the very thing he is accusing Epi of:
Sig wrote:it also appears that you're attempting to lay the groundwork for my lynch, yet you haven't joined it, instead you allow other players to start voting and form the wagon against me, which will make those players look more suspicious, when I flip and allow you to slid under the radar.
Because as soon as someone else (Sorsha) decides to vote for Epi, he "agrees" with her and jumps on the bandwagon.

I don't like this.

Votes Sig.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Guys, what is the case on Enrique?
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 138

Post by FZ. »

Sorsha wrote:I feel like Epignosis is trying to set sig up for lynch because he knows how bad sig can make himself look. Anyone who played Dune or A World Apart knows how easily sig can get caught up defending and make everything worse for himself.

Voting Epi
I disagree. The way I read it, I felt like it started out as testing the water, and blew up beyond proportion. Epi dissecting Sig's post felt like Epi in the last game we played. I don't see either Sig nor Epi as bad now, but I am looking at those who were trying to make something more of it, like zebra saying Sig's reaction to Epi made her suspicious of him. What was there about Sig's reaction that felt so suspicious?

Then, I'm wondering why Epi is going the Simon rout. Is that genuine or a joke? I can see a scenario where Simon is acting in a suspicious way at home (like trying to avoid talking to Epi or something), and Epi smelling something funny and trying to dig further. But I'll just wait and see how this develops. I don't see anything more we can do with it now.
Epi, what makes you think Simon might be bad?

There's also Glorfindel, who is aiming to please and very polite. Never played with him/her, but I'm wondering if this is genuine or a little over the top.

Okay, back to catching up
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”