[END] Pikmin Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 138

Re: [DAY 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You should vote zebra. She also had many spelling errors. :nicenod:
Good Idea!

Zebra

Wilgy can be seen sneaking around with a rope...
What's up with you? Is this your new trick this game? What are you planning to get out of it this time? You keep saying how you change your style every game to not have a meta, and this is a big change. I don't know if I'm seeing a civ though. It's a little too jokey.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:Thanks, MM!
I'm so happy we got to play together again :D Just had to say it. By the way, thanks Juliets :nicenod:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I think people are overreacting on Epi.

His way of playing reminds me a lot of how he played in Economics, where he was civ. There, he was just making random accusations and bickering about pointless things to make people mad... and that was actually an attempt at gathering reactions. It doesn't look that different here. I doubt anyone would vote on Simon or Sig based on his initial post, but it's their (or someone else's) possible reactions to that that might seal the deal.

I don't like how Sig reacted though. Felt way too overdefensive for my tastes, specially how he quickly turned this into a "NO U" argument and started accusing Epi of setting him up. But Sig seems to be doing the very thing he is accusing Epi of:
Sig wrote:it also appears that you're attempting to lay the groundwork for my lynch, yet you haven't joined it, instead you allow other players to start voting and form the wagon against me, which will make those players look more suspicious, when I flip and allow you to slid under the radar.
Because as soon as someone else (Sorsha) decides to vote for Epi, he "agrees" with her and jumps on the bandwagon.

I don't like this.

Votes Sig.
This seems like such an easy vote. While I agree on Epi, I don't agree with your vote. I don't agree with Sig's vote either, but his vote is so NO U, that I can't see it as bad. But your vote is a lot easier to hide behind "rational" reasoning
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Re: [DAY 0] Pikmin Mafia

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:
sig wrote: My vote for you was just a throw away to see how you reacted. However, I am suspicious of Epi yes.

Sorsha actually gave the reasoning for why I find Epi to be suspicious as well as why I was responding the way I did to him.

Though I'm surprised Sorsha is using Dune as an example seeing how I was scum in that game, she is correct for World Reborn, but more importantly would be Long Con's strategy in TH mafia. He attempted to get me lynched day 1 since I was an easy target. Since he did this I was able to figure out he was mafia.

While this doesn't always work as a way to identify scum, it has in the past worked more often then it has failed.

While this game it isn't a certain word like in TH mafia and World Reborn. However, what I see is Epi laying the groundwork for my lynchs based around the same sort of principle. Instead of a single word he takes a post (me saying I won't lynch Simon today) and twists it to make it seem like I am on a scum team with Simon. He then waits for my reaction, which he will say is an overreaction or something along that lines.

Eventually someone will say I'm being panicky or to defensive and use that as a reason to push my lynch as well. Someone will also no doubt say my post was a scum slip and a good enough reason for a day 1 vote.

So I'll need to see some more of Epi's actions, but at this time I'd be happy to end my day with a lynch on him. For know I'll be placing my vote on him.

Epignosis
I'm not convinced Epi's actions are coming from a scum. I agree with your statement that his claim that Simon and you are working together was not genuine, but I do not think he intended for people to take them genuinely - I mean, there really is no basis to make such a claim? I think he was definitely trying to stir things up, but I do not think that necessarily makes him bad. I think it is in his personality to do things like that. I won't pretend to know how he plays, because I was proven to be wrong in Talking Heads, but I do know that he has done what he is doing now to you, to me, when he was a townie (WWE Mafia)...but, perhaps this time he was trying to set you up so he could call you over defensive. I personally didn't take any of it serious - I thought he was simply trying to rattle your cage.

Does Sorsha usually vote/accuse so early on in these games? I cannot recall. For some reason, I thought she sat back more (maybe I did not pay as much attention to her as others who were typically more vocal in the games I've played grabbed my attention more) - but from the last game I played, I know not to trust my faulty metas...so some input from people who have experience with her would be nice.
I've learnt that Sorsha is the kind to speak succinct and to the point. She doesn't waist words and posts and when she has something to say, she'll say it. Her posts so far don't strike me as different from normal, but I haven't seen her as bad yet.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Enrique wrote:
FZ. wrote:I love that Matt has all the mafia figured out. :clap:
I always wanted to play a game where everyone names who they think the mafia members are on the first day, based on gut feeling of day 0 or day 1, and then we look at the list at the end of the game and see who's intuition we should rely on in the future.
For the fun of it.

Glorfindel
Matt
sig
Thanks for indulging my fantasy!!! :P
Okay, here are mine:

Draggon
zebra
Wilgy
and if I'm wrong about any of them, probably someone quiet who I haven't paid attention to or maybe Epi has good intuition about his kid.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Last post for now, sorry for the wall of posts.

I don't get the Enrique votes, though I don't get why he is not really saying much other than giving his gut 3. Enrique, care to share more? Anyway, those are dumb reasons for voting him.

Out of all the voters, the only ones who I can see real reasoning behind, are those voting for Epi, even if I don't agree. All the other votes seem like crappy reasons to vote, no offense. I'll be back later, but my top options are Dragon for his reasoning for voting Sig, and Zebra, for voting for silly reasons, when the zebra I've played with is usually very serious about her suspicions and her votes. Plus, she hasn't had a serious fight with anyone and we're getting to the end of day 1 :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Glorfindel »

FZ. wrote:There's also Glorfindel, who is aiming to please and very polite. Never played with him/her, but I'm wondering if this is genuine or a little over the top.
OK, if you people would prefer me to stay here amongst you at Mafia Syndicate, You'd better get used to me being "very polite". This is my nature and I can assure you that I am 100% genuine - I have no one to vouch for me so in time, you will see that for yourselves :)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by DrWilgy »

FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You should vote zebra. She also had many spelling errors. :nicenod:
Good Idea!

Zebra

Wilgy can be seen sneaking around with a rope...
What's up with you? Is this your new trick this game? What are you planning to get out of it this time? You keep saying how you change your style every game to not have a meta, and this is a big change. I don't know if I'm seeing a civ though. It's a little too jokey.
Well I guess I'm just bad as scum then :p

Glorf is a pretty swell dude. I see nothing abnormal regarding his politeness.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:
FZ. wrote:I love that Matt has all the mafia figured out. :clap:
I always wanted to play a game where everyone names who they think the mafia members are on the first day, based on gut feeling of day 0 or day 1, and then we look at the list at the end of the game and see who's intuition we should rely on in the future.
For the fun of it.

Glorfindel
Matt
sig
Sig's not on our team but close.

Glorfindel
Nice of you to show up as soon as your name is mentioned. I'm going to chock that up to you being on a similar time zone as Enrique. Or maybe you had nothing to add to the discourse of day 1 and have just been lurking until your name pops up. Dunno.
Spacedaisy wrote:P.S. if we are guessing mafia on day one, I'm going with Soneji, Typhoony and Matt. Just because.
I like this list, though I'm keeping my vote on sig for now. If Soneji doesn't post, or Typhoony doesn't come back today, I'm switching my vote.

Epi, you still gunning for your son?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

FZ. wrote:
I'm so happy we got to play together again :D Just had to say it. By the way, thanks Juliets :nicenod:

His way of playing reminds me a lot of how he played in Economics, where he was civ. There, he was just making random accusations and bickering about pointless things to make people mad... and that was actually an attempt at gathering reactions. It doesn't look that different here. I doubt anyone would vote on Simon or Sig based on his initial post, but it's their (or someone else's) possible reactions to that that might seal the deal.

I don't like how Sig reacted though. Felt way too overdefensive for my tastes, specially how he quickly turned this into a "NO U" argument and started accusing Epi of setting him up. But Sig seems to be doing the very thing he is accusing Epi of:
Sig wrote:it also appears that you're attempting to lay the groundwork for my lynch, yet you haven't joined it, instead you allow other players to start voting and form the wagon against me, which will make those players look more suspicious, when I flip and allow you to slid under the radar.
Because as soon as someone else (Sorsha) decides to vote for Epi, he "agrees" with her and jumps on the bandwagon.

I don't like this.

Votes Sig.
This seems like such an easy vote. While I agree on Epi, I don't agree with your vote. I don't agree with Sig's vote either, but his vote is so NO U, that I can't see it as bad. But your vote is a lot easier to hide behind "rational" reasoning
Please elaborate why you don't like my reasoning.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

@FZ

What I mean is: you explained why you think my vote is "easy", which I can somewhat agree with, but you didn't explain why you disagree with my vote.

What do you think of Sig and how do you interpret the way he has been accusing Epi?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:I feel like Epignosis is trying to set sig up for lynch because he knows how bad sig can make himself look. Anyone who played Dune or A World Apart knows how easily sig can get caught up defending and make everything worse for himself.

Voting Epi
:ponder:

But I voted for Simon. This suggests that you know either Simon is Mafia or that sig is good- else how can I set up sig?
Sorsha wrote:Ah yes, you were scum in Dune, I forgot. I just remembered you being in a similar situation in both games at the same. Maybe epi thinks that since he hosted you during one of those scenarios that he can read your reactions better? :shrug: I still think it's an easy set upihim makes me suspicious of him.
:eye:

Why are you giving sig a free pass for anything he says or does?
kneel4justice wrote:Does Sorsha usually vote/accuse so early on in these games? I cannot recall. For some reason, I thought she sat back more (maybe I did not pay as much attention to her as others who were typically more vocal in the games I've played grabbed my attention more) - but from the last game I played, I know not to trust my faulty metas...so some input from people who have experience with her would be nice.
The last time Sorsha voted for me Day 1, I was a civilian, and so was she. For the first time ever, I got lynched Day 1. If you read her reasoning then, you will see that it was lighthearted. Contrast that with here, in which Sorsha suggests that she has an idea of what I'm about (she doesn't :slick: ).
FZ. wrote:Then, I'm wondering why Epi is going the Simon rout. Is that genuine or a joke? I can see a scenario where Simon is acting in a suspicious way at home (like trying to avoid talking to Epi or something), and Epi smelling something funny and trying to dig further. But I'll just wait and see how this develops. I don't see anything more we can do with it now.
Epi, what makes you think Simon might be bad?
Before the game began, I explained to him that he is not allowed to talk to me about this game at all. He has his own device now for posting and voting, and even any technical help he requires must be obtained from his mother. The only thing I know that you don't is that yesterday he was giggling like a little school girl.

So nothing that you suggest.

However, consider: Even if Simon is mafia, is there any chance of him getting lynched Day 1? Of course there isn't. If I left my vote on Simon, then my vote would be like the cheese- standing alone. So what should I do? I have no choice but to take what the thread gives me. Notice how Sorsha above didn't even mention my vote for Simon, yet somehow I'm executing a master plan of setting up sig for Day 1. I don't understand how I can set sig up by voting Simon. She also provides sig a free out regardless of what sig says or does: "You know how bad sig can make himself look, so he's the easy vote."
Scotty wrote:Epi, you still gunning for your son?
Sure, but see above.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I feel like Epignosis is trying to set sig up for lynch because he knows how bad sig can make himself look. Anyone who played Dune or A World Apart knows how easily sig can get caught up defending and make everything worse for himself.

Voting Epi

But I voted for Simon. This suggests that you know either Simon is Mafia or that sig is good- else how can I set up sig?
Sorsha wrote:Ah yes, you were scum in Dune, I forgot. I just remembered you being in a similar situation in both games at the same. Maybe epi thinks that since he hosted you during one of those scenarios that he can read your reactions better? :shrug: I still think it's an easy set upihim makes me suspicious of him.

kneel4justice wrote:Does Sorsha usually vote/accuse so early on in these games? I cannot recall. For some reason, I thought she sat back more (maybe I did not pay as much attention to her as others who were typically more vocal in the games I've played grabbed my attention more) - but from the last game I played, I know not to trust my faulty metas...so some input from people who have experience with her would be nice.
The last time Sorsha voted for me Day 1, I was a civilian, and so was she. For the first time ever, I got lynched Day 1. If you read her reasoning then, you will see that it was lighthearted. Contrast that with here, in which Sorsha suggests that she has an idea of what I'm about (she doesn't :slick: ).
FZ. wrote:Then, I'm wondering why Epi is going the Simon rout. Is that genuine or a joke? I can see a scenario where Simon is acting in a suspicious way at home (like trying to avoid talking to Epi or something), and Epi smelling something funny and trying to dig further. But I'll just wait and see how this develops. I don't see anything more we can do with it now.
Before the game began, I explained to him that he is not allowed to talk to me about this game at all. He has his own device now for posting and voting, and even any technical help he requires must be obtained from his mother. The only thing I know that you don't is that yesterday he was giggling like a little school girl.

However, consider: Even if Simon is mafia, is there any chance of him getting lynched Day 1? Of course there isn't. If I left my vote on Simon, then my vote would be like the cheese- standing alone. So what should I do? I have no choice but to take what the thread gives me. Notice how Sorsha above didn't even mention my vote for Simon, yet somehow I'm executing a master plan of setting up sig for Day 1. I don't understand how I can set sig up by voting Simon. She also provides sig a free out regardless of what sig says or does: "You know how bad sig can make himself look, so he's the easy vote."
Sure, but see above.
This
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Matt »

Those of you that have me on their baddie list, know you are hunting a cute, innocent Pikmin. :meany:

Scotty - Coincidence about the timing of my post after Enrique's. I got home from work, read through another mafia thread for about 45 minutes and replied to that, then came here, and BOOM, my name happened to be mentioned right before I posted. Crazy right?

Wilgy - How dare you!

Glorfindel - I don't doubt you'd vote for me. Your first vote ever on the Syndicate contributed to my lynching in Star Wars so blah. Also welcome back good sir! :beer:

Okey dokey, off to work. Have fun town! Don't kill the Pikmin!
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
This. Thanks juliets. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:Glorfindel, I don't think that it is actually about a spelling error. Epi is just a grammar dictator. And I don't think most of these cases are serious, it's just a lot of day one silliness imo. Epi is serious, but I don't really know that it means anything, he's always like this. :p

P.S. my autocorrect changed Glorfindel to goofiness. Weird.
:confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Guys, what is the case on Enrique?
Dragon D. Luffy

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matt wrote:Those of you that have me on their baddie list, know you are hunting a cute, innocent Pikmin. :meany:

Scotty - Coincidence about the timing of my post after Enrique's. I got home from work, read through another mafia thread for about 45 minutes and replied to that, then came here, and BOOM, my name happened to be mentioned right before I posted. Crazy right?

Wilgy - How dare you!

Glorfindel - I don't doubt you'd vote for me. Your first vote ever on the Syndicate contributed to my lynching in Star Wars so blah. Also welcome back good sir! :beer:

Okey dokey, off to work. Have fun town! Don't kill the Pikmin!
There happens tonve a sad truth here Matt, something that most people forget...

Pikmin aren't innocent...

They know what they've done...
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy
Literally wut
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy
Literally wut
Dragon D. Luffy
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy
Literally wut
Dragon D. Luffy
I'm curious, Doctor.

If your partner MM were to vote for you, what would you do?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There are two people right now that I would bet money are civilians.

DDL is one of those people.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98

Post by a2thezebra »

The other one is me, of course. :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy
Literally wut
Dragon D. Luffy
I'm curious, Doctor.

If your partner MM were to vote for you, what would you do?
Hmmm...

The heartbreak would probably result in me logging out and not checking the thread, so wherever I voted last!

And for potential use l8r
Who is an evil boss?

Poll runs till Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:09 pm
You may select 1 option

a2thezebra
No votes
agleaminranks
No votes
Boomslang
Matt (10) 8%
Dragon D. Luffy
Metalmarsh89 (12), DrWilgy (13) 15%
DrWilgy
No votes
Enrique
Spacedaisy (8), a2thezebra (9) 15%
Epignosis
Sorsha (4), sig (5) 15%
FZ.
No votes
Glorfindel
Enrique (7) 8%
kneel4justice
No votes
Matt
No votes
Metalmarsh89
No votes
Scotty
No votes
sig
Scotty (3), Dragon D. Luffy (11) 15%
Simon
Epignosis (2) 8%
Soneji
No votes
Sorsha
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Also... Why are they evil bosses? Aren't they just trying to survive?
Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:There are two people right now that I would bet money are civilians.

Why? because he voted for Sig who you think is bad? I thought his vote was opportunistic. I also think Sig isn't bad. I don't think he'd vote for you like that if he was bad.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Also, Epi, you said Simon wouldn't be lynched today. I agree. Why is your vote still on him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Typhoony »

Scotty wrote: In other news, I want to hear more from Typhoony and Soneji.
Is this enough?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:There are two people right now that I would bet money are civilians.

Why? because he voted for Sig who you think is bad? I thought his vote was opportunistic. I also think Sig isn't bad. I don't think he'd vote for you like that if he was bad.
Reasons.

Want to know something funny?

You're the other person. :grin:
FZ. wrote:Also, Epi, you said Simon wouldn't be lynched today. I agree. Why is your vote still on him?
I don't go moving my vote all willy-nilly.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Reasons.

FZ. wrote:Also, Epi, you said Simon wouldn't be lynched today. I agree. Why is your vote still on him?
Glad to hear :nicenod: Not surprised though. Last game proved you're getting better at reading me. Not sure I'm getting better at reading you though. Basically, we think the opposite on two people right now, so I'm not sure what to think here.

Anyway, so what you're saying is, you'll leave your vote on Simon no matter what? Do you want Sig lynched today, or do you still think he's the baddie and I'm just wrong about him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy
Why are you voting him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Thanks for the input on Sorsha. With the feedback I've gotten, I can't say that I am suspicious of her. Plus, while I disagree with her opinion on Epi, she at least has a valid reason..I was just thrown off because I didn't expect it from her.

I will say that Scotty caught my eye. He bandwagoned off of Epi's ideas, and said that he thought he might be onto something (in regards to sig/Simon). Which, I cannot understand because I felt that Epi's posts were so obviously not to be taken seriously?? At first I thought Scotty's vote was a joke, but then I saw he stood by that later on. The fact that he suspects sig for not voting for Simon because he laughed at his joke is beyond me.....I seriously don't see how that is scummy.
Also..his talk about how he might vote for low posters instead is concerning to me, but that might just be a personal thing. I just think - if you are truly suspicious of sig, why aren't you sticking with that?

I agree with what FZ (BTW, I am so happy to play with you again too :D) said about zebra, though I was hesitant, because I've only played one game with her. But, it appears to be night and day, she was so heavily invested and posting in Talking Heads....and now appears to be on the quieter, less involved side, but yeah, I'm definitely hesitant to base a suspicion off of only one game.

Oh - and thanks MP for adding an official gender guide!
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hey, K4J,
out of the people who have 2 votes, who would you vote for?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote:Hey, K4J,
Well, I don't really agree with any of the votes for those players.
I'm not quite sure why Enrique has 2 votes, and if those votes are even 'real'. DDL was asking about the case, which I was wondering as well - and that question got him 2 votes, which were unexplained. I would not consider Epi to be suspicious at the moment, and while I am slightly concerned at sig taking Epi's posts so seriously, and then accusing him for them, I can't say that I am all that suspicious yet.
I'd rather place my vote on Scotty at this point. What about you, who do you want to vote for? What do you think of Scotty?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I need to go. The only one of the four who currently have 2 votes, which I think could be bad, is Dragon. Since I feel Epi is genuine, I'm going to hold off on Dragon for another day and see what happens. Still, I can't vote for Sig. My gut tells me he wouldn't be voting Epi if he were bad.

I'm going to go with my other choice which is Zebra. K4J feeling the way I do about her makes me feel good about my suspicion.

linki: I agree that Scotty is not looking great at the moment, but I think zebra looks worse.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote:I need to go. The only one of the four who currently have 2 votes, which I think could be bad, is Dragon. Since I feel Epi is genuine, I'm going to hold off on Dragon for another day and see what happens. Still, I can't vote for Sig. My gut tells me he wouldn't be voting Epi if he were bad.

I'm going to go with my other choice which is Zebra. K4J feeling the way I do about her makes me feel good about my suspicion.

linki: I agree that Scotty is not looking great at the moment, but I think zebra looks worse.
How many games have you played with Zebra? I am hesitant to vote for her based on any differences I see, because I've only played in Talking Heads, even though the differences at the moment seem to be credible
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm starting to believe one of our votees is actually scum. Considering that no bandwagon has taken off, I can only assume that we have managed to pin one, making it harder for any scumbuddies to break the few ties we have.

How often does Epi get serious day 1?

*muffled sounds can be heard from the basement*
Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:
FZ. wrote:I need to go. The only one of the four who currently have 2 votes, which I think could be bad, is Dragon. Since I feel Epi is genuine, I'm going to hold off on Dragon for another day and see what happens. Still, I can't vote for Sig. My gut tells me he wouldn't be voting Epi if he were bad.

How many games have you played with Zebra? I am hesitant to vote for her based on any differences I see, because I've only played in Talking Heads, even though the differences at the moment seem to be credible
Recently, I think there were at least 3, all of which she was a civ in.
She was aggressive, passionate about her opinions and pushed people (even though I didn't like it when it was turned against me). It doesn't matter if she was right about the people she suspected, she always got into some kind of fight with them very early on. I don't see any of it now. All I see for now is her joking around A LOT, voting for silly reasons (I doubt she would disagree with this), and saying how much she's enjoying the game.

In my eyes, she's the logical vote here, while most of the votes are nonsense votes.

And now, I really have to go. Won't be back until the end of the day. People can vote for whoever they want, but at least pretend to have good reasons. This goes for Scotty, MM and Wilgy as well.

linki: I disagree. I think that it's easy for the baddies to just let anyone get lynched while being afraid to be the one responsible for it. Now bye
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Reasons.

Glad to hear :nicenod: Not surprised though. Last game proved you're getting better at reading me. Not sure I'm getting better at reading you though. Basically, we think the opposite on two people right now, so I'm not sure what to think here.

Anyway, so what you're saying is, you'll leave your vote on Simon no matter what? Do you want Sig lynched today, or do you still think he's the baddie and I'm just wrong about him?
I don't know how you got that I wouldn't change my vote from what I said. :confused:
FZ. wrote:Hey, K4J,
I happen to be one of those "people with two votes," unfortunately, and so may have to move my vote out of necessity.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:I'm starting to believe one of our votees is actually scum. Considering that no bandwagon has taken off, I can only assume that we have managed to pin one, making it harder for any scumbuddies to break the few ties we have.

How often does Epi get serious day 1?

*muffled sounds can be heard from the basement*
I am always serious, except for when I am not. :mafia:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Matt wrote:Those of you that have me on their baddie list, know you are hunting a cute, innocent Pikmin. :meany:
Matt, to my recollection this is the second time you've said this in under about eight hours - the thing is, the majority of us are. You are starting to sound like you're trying overly hard to convince someone that you are... :ponder:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I did it... Yay me!!

Odd how Matt had no votes yet was on so many scumdars.
Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

DrWilgy wrote:I'm starting to believe one of our votees is actually scum. Considering that no bandwagon has taken off, I can only assume that we have managed to pin one, making it harder for any scumbuddies to break the few ties we have.
That's certainly a possibility (and one that I too had considered) but realistically, it could be nothing less than group inertia based on there being no remotely clear choice...

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

May I ask...? Is there some kind of timer that is used on this site to indicate the ends of Phases? Please forgive me if there is and I overlooked it...

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:May I ask...? Is there some kind of timer that is used on this site to indicate the ends of Phases? Please forgive me if there is and I overlooked it...
Top of the poll, underneath the question, "Who is an evil boss?" Make sure your time zone and DST information is correct in the user control panel.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 36

Post by sig »

Hello just got home from my Scout brunch, and won't be on much I've had a family emergency so I'll have to be off soon I think. However, I should be back on before the deadline.
Glorfindel wrote:
I know Sig has become a formidable Mafia member (in comparison to his Town performances) and I don't know - I see signs of him putting in a genuine effort like he does when he's Mafia but some of his remarks appear to be a little clumsy so the jury is out on him.
Thank you, however I disagree with this. I put just as much effort into a game as town as I do as scum. SO to say me putting in genuine effort is a sign of me being mafia is simply not true.

I don't like this.

Votes Sig.
Didn't I say in my post someone would use this as a reason for voting for me? DDL claims I'm being to over defensive in my posts and bam votes for me. I also see no issue with me agreeing with Sorsha, I had already said prior to Sorsha's post that I thought he was mafia. I find this to be a very weak reason to vote for me.
FZ. wrote:

Voting Epi
I disagree. The way I read it, I felt like it started out as testing the water, and blew up beyond proportion. Epi dissecting Sig's post felt like Epi in the last game we played. I don't see either Sig nor Epi as bad now, but I am looking at those who were trying to make something more of it, like zebra saying Sig's reaction to Epi made her suspicious of him. What was there about Sig's reaction that felt so suspicious?

Then, I'm wondering why Epi is going the Simon rout. Is that genuine or a joke? I can see a scenario where Simon is acting in a suspicious way at home (like trying to avoid talking to Epi or something), and Epi smelling something funny and trying to dig further. But I'll just wait and see how this develops. I don't see anything more we can do with it now.

There's also Glorfindel, who is aiming to please and very polite. Never played with him/her, but I'm wondering if this is genuine or a little over the top.

Okay, back to catching up
Epi could just be testing the water, however I have a scum lean on him.
Glorfindel is always this polite so it isn't some form of buddying.

Epignosis wrote:

Voting Epi

Sure, but see above.

You did vote for Simon, but you've already said you will change your vote. Also since you think we are teammates it is logical that you would switch to me. The fact you voted for Simon instead of me changes nothing about my theory. You're still laid the groundwork for my lynch and I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the day. It is fairly obvious you laid this groundwork since both Scotty and DDL voted for me based around my reaction to your post.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 36

Post by sig »

Why are there two votes on Enrique?
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Spacedaisy »

Glorfindel wrote:
FZ. wrote:There's also Glorfindel, who is aiming to please and very polite. Never played with him/her, but I'm wondering if this is genuine or a little over the top.
OK, if you people would prefer me to stay here amongst you at Mafia Syndicate, You'd better get used to me being "very polite". This is my nature and I can assure you that I am 100% genuine - I have no one to vouch for me so in time, you will see that for yourselves :)
:hugs: I'm so glad you are here!

Also, MM it took me a while to figure out what you were saying in that post you quoted, how sad is that, lol.

Matt is just my random guess for scum, he isn't actually on my radar fwiw. And I'm not seeing any particularly convincing cases right now, so for the moment I'm leaving my vote where it is.

Linki: I voted Enrique when he came and put a random vote on Glorfindel who I would like to see get a chance to enjoy a good game, so I didn't want him to be a random lynch victim on Day 1.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:You did vote for Simon, but you've already said you will change your vote. Also since you think we are teammates it is logical that you would switch to me. The fact you voted for Simon instead of me changes nothing about my theory. You're still laid the groundwork for my lynch and I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the day. It is fairly obvious you laid this groundwork since both Scotty and DDL voted for me based around my reaction to your post.
You're trying to blame me for your lynch when I haven't even voted for you yet.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Nice try.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

kneel4justice wrote:Thanks for the input on Sorsha. With the feedback I've gotten, I can't say that I am suspicious of her. Plus, while I disagree with her opinion on Epi, she at least has a valid reason..I was just thrown off because I didn't expect it from her.

I will say that Scotty caught my eye. He bandwagoned off of Epi's ideas, and said that he thought he might be onto something (in regards to sig/Simon). Which, I cannot understand because I felt that Epi's posts were so obviously not to be taken seriously?? At first I thought Scotty's vote was a joke, but then I saw he stood by that later on. The fact that he suspects sig for not voting for Simon because he laughed at his joke is beyond me.....I seriously don't see how that is scummy.
Also..his talk about how he might vote for low posters instead is concerning to me, but that might just be a personal thing. I just think - if you are truly suspicious of sig, why aren't you sticking with that?

I agree with what FZ (BTW, I am so happy to play with you again too :D) said about zebra, though I was hesitant, because I've only played one game with her. But, it appears to be night and day, she was so heavily invested and posting in Talking Heads....and now appears to be on the quieter, less involved side, but yeah, I'm definitely hesitant to base a suspicion off of only one game.

Oh - and thanks MP for adding an official gender guide!
How did I bandwagon on Epi's ideas? I was first to vote for sig, and for a reason separate to what Epi brought up.
"Epi's Posts so obviously not to be taken seriously"? Nothing is obvious when it comes to Epi.

Also, I'm sorry you don't see how giving immunity to another player for basic reasons is scummy. It could and could not be. I say time and time again that I hate day 1's because there's going to be flimsy reasoning behind votes.

Why is voting low posters concerning to you?

More specifically, I target no-posters on the whole. It's a philopshy that I think make sense from the civilian perspective.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Typhoony wrote:
Scotty wrote: In other news, I want to hear more from Typhoony and Soneji.
Is this enough?
I mean, if that is what you have to add to the discussion, then that's pretty piss poor.

What do you think of...anything that's going on in this day 1?

In the meantime, I will be changing my vote to Soneji.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Heads up that I'm hosting a dinner party right now and will be checking back and forth through the night as much as I can to read and respond, but can't promise any promptness

Return to “Previous Side Missions”