Golden (host/np)
55%

Total votes: 11
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 52

Re: Lost Again Mafia (season 1) - Day 1

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:Why would I want to save a tax-sucking, welfare-state-loving, spread-the-wealth-around, you-didn't-build-that Tuft-Head like you? On this island, the market is free, but the products ain't. You need something from me? Well...step right up and take a look. Just know that there's always a price.
I'll trade you my day 3 vote here and my day 6 vote in GoC for a vote against DF.

:beer:

Or everyone can vote Bullz or SVS. ;airguitar:

SVS - How many times have you gone after Marmot for making joke votes? The more I think about it, the more I think you know your case is BS. "You made a joke vote so I will vote you". Also, whenever you pop in, please let me know how you felt about Bullzeye's giggles vote on LC.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Fyi, that offer wasn't real Epi. But I'd still appreciate some help. For old times sake! Remember that time you sent me crying to my pillow when lecturing me in TH?

:scared:
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Why would I want to save a tax-sucking, welfare-state-loving, spread-the-wealth-around, you-didn't-build-that Tuft-Head like you? On this island, the market is free, but the products ain't. You need something from me? Well...step right up and take a look. Just know that there's always a price.
I'll trade you my day 3 vote here and my day 6 vote in GoC for a vote against DF.

:beer:

Or everyone can vote Bullz or SVS. ;airguitar:

SVS - How many times have you gone after Marmot for making joke votes? The more I think about it, the more I think you know your case is BS. "You made a joke vote so I will vote you". Also, whenever you pop in, please let me know how you felt about Bullzeye's giggles vote on LC.
It isn't a case. It's a ping. And Marmot makes like one post, makes his vote and that's the end of it. You kept talking about it and specifically saying he was bad, even if for a silly reason, even after you took votes. You seemed to actually want people to vote for him. Bullz vote was a throwaway vote, which is not the same thing.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

So there are different levels of joke votes and my initial joke vote was on the bad guy level?

Lynch SVS after you lynch Bullz if I die today, peeps. Thankies! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 118

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm more confident about my town reads than my mafia reads, which discourages me since normally it's the other way around.
Because baddies know who is town lol XD

Was that a last min bus Zebra?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 237

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'm more confident about my town reads than my mafia reads, which discourages me since normally it's the other way around.

I thought you were interested in our working together yet you've yet to make a case for me not to suspect you and you've even OMGUS'd me before throwing out cheeky comments like this. If you want to decide I'm bad based on fuckall then knock yourself out. Pretend everything I say is baddie-motivated and see how many people buy it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Zebra and Wilgy, as voters for my main opposition during this phase, I ask that you put your argument on hold until night time.

Thank you. And also, please convince others to vote DF. Good day!
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt after awhile it did not 100% feel like a joke anymore. You had taken 2 votes I believe, and the defense post you made STILL kept flogging "Bullz is always bad" and now you are saying he is actually bad. So :shrug:

My initial vote was a "this caught my eye vote", but this post is why I decided to leave it there.

Matt wrote:SVS and Sorsha - Came home from work and saw two votes on me from ya all! :faint:

On the real, in case ya all didn't know, Bullz is one of my favoritest players in Mafia, and I always have fun with him. He was also my baddie teammate in Beatles Mafia (first game ever) and for some reason, I can never shake the feeling that he's bad. I don't consider what I'm doing as "picking on him", and I don't think he does either. Bullz, seriously, speak up dude.

Here are some quotes from recent games...

Mafia: A World Reborn
Matt wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Matt F wrote:Why do you want to look over my posts, DF, do you think I'm bad? :faint:
I'm just not entirely convinced you wanted to save Luke just because he's new. But as that's pretty much the only ping I have from you, I'm definitely more interested in Floyd right now.
I'm interested in Metalmarsh. And Turnip Head. Maybe both of them.

Oh and Bullzeye, always Bullzeye
Talking Heads

Here's a post I made after the game was over...
Matt wrote:Here are my targets for each night... On Night's 3 and 5, I targetted Bullz with another RYMer because I assumed Bullz was a Syndicateer. However, Bullz replaced san mateo. I'm not sure if MP let the Night 3 slide, but on Night 5 I believe I was told my power didn't go through that night because we found the error.

Anyway...

Night 1. Hit Long Con Secondary Targets: Wilgy and 3J (2 out of 3 baddies!)

Night 3. Hit Devin (Draconus) Secondary Targets: Choutas and Bullzeye (1 out of 3 baddies!)

Night 4. Hit Bullzeye Secondary Targets: MacDougall and Devin (Draconus) (2 out of 3 baddies!)

Night 5. Hit Floyd Secondary Targets: Bullzeye and 3J (2 out of 3 baddies!)

Night 7. Hit Epignosis Secondary Targets: motel room and Russ (1 out of 3 baddies!)

Night 9. Hit 3J Secondary Targets: Ricochet and motel room (0 out of 3 baddies :( )

Looking back, I had a way better night action game then I realized.
Smashfest Season 2 Signups and Draft

[quote="Matt]In! I don't know what this is, but Bullz is dissing Mega Man so he must be bad?

I would invite you both to remove your votes off me and place them on Bullz as he is most likely bad in this game as well. :beer:[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I switched my vote to DFaraday. I'm not sure between him (5) and Matt (4), but I have no interest in tying it up or in letting a baddie decide which of them goes, so I'm crossing my fingers. Sorry, DF!

*votes DFaraday*
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

SVS - You go after me in every game, whether I'm civ or bad. I expect it by now. But the reasons you are giving are, excuse me, crapola. However, I can already see the writing on the wall and don't want to spend all day going back and forth with you if I'm going to end up getting lynched anyway.

However, I do know that you are aware how easy it is to get me riled up and lynched, and I'm really starting to wonder if you're bad or not. I know it's a NO U and all, but for real. If you are civ, I do expect you to go after joke votes in all future games or I will deem you bad and vote you for the remainder of said game(s).

Linki - Oh my sweet Jesus. Thank you Long Con! Since DF will most likely vote for me, that means I'll be one vote ahead. Epig, Nutella, feel free to keep your votes where they are. No hard feelings about helping getting Darkness lynched, nutella! XD
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

I thought you were interested in our working together yet you've yet to make a case for me not to suspect you and you've even OMGUS'd me before throwing out cheeky comments like this. If you want to decide I'm bad based on fuckall then knock yourself out. Pretend everything I say is baddie-motivated and see how many people buy it.
Actually... I may just do that XD
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:Zebra and Wilgy, as voters for my main opposition during this phase, I ask that you put your argument on hold until night time.
Don't thank me until I say yes. The answer's no, by the way.
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Actually... I may just do that XD
I dare you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:SVS - You go after me in every game, whether I'm civ or bad. I expect it by now. But the reasons you are giving are, excuse me, crapola. However, I can already see the writing on the wall and don't want to spend all day going back and forth with you if I'm going to end up getting lynched anyway.

However, I do know that you are aware how easy it is to get me riled up and lynched, and I'm really starting to wonder if you're bad or not. I know it's a NO U and all, but for real. If you are civ, I do expect you to go after joke votes in all future games or I will deem you bad and vote you for the remainder of said game(s).

Linki - Oh my sweet Jesus. Thank you Long Con! Since DF will most likely vote for me, that means I'll be one vote ahead. Epig, Nutella, feel free to keep your votes where they are. No hard feelings about helping getting Darkness lynched, nutella! XD
See you keep ignoring the second part. Even after you took votes, you kept saying it. And then when you started taking it seriously, you said "when I die, lynch Bullz next" so it WASN"T a joke, it was just a jokey reason? One post and a vote is a joke, several is not a joke anymore. That is my point. I think you really were trying to get him lynched, and if he was you could fall back on the, "It was just a joke, all those people who piled on after me must be baddies" thing.

If you had not made that post addressed to me & Sorsha I would have changed it tbh.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

SVS, I've explained several times. It was a joke. Then you, Sorsha, and DF all decide to look my way for it. Then Bullz starts talking about making five way ties and yeah, my joke suspish evolved into a real one. Has that never happened to you before? Well I suppose not since you don't like joke votes so I guess you've never made one.

SVS, assuming I don't die today, how long do I have to wait until I can suspect Bullz "for real" in your opinion? A day phase? Two day phases? Since I jokingly suspected him, are you saying I can't suspect him the rest of the game now?

Zebra - What? Does that mean you'll be taking your vote off DF? Also, when I said "thank you", obviously I knew that doesn't mean you and Wilgy HAVE to keep your votes on DF, I was having fun. Dare I say...joking. :faint:
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:Bullz, do you really think I'm bad or are you just sour because I suspected you? Maybe SVS is right and you don't enjoy my poking and prodding of you in every game? If so, my bad. Just havin' funsies, dude, I figured you knew that.
I don't think you did suspect me though, there was no possible reason why you could have based on what I'd posted up until you showed up but you were really awkward about it and got defensive over it. One of the things that does make me suspect you is the way you were like "I'm not bad I always go after Bullz" as if that should be some perfect alibi. I think you did it because you expected everyone else to think just that, that this was you being Matt and therefore you probably aren't bad because you're just being zany. Clearly that plan backfired.
Matt wrote:And no, I will not find a quote like that. However, you just agreeing with Typh on creating a five way tie is definitely suspish, and I'm amazed that nobody else sees that.
You won't find a quote like that because no such quote exists. I don't think Typh was seriously arguing in favour of maintaining a five-way tie throughout the day and I definitely wasn't planning on leaving my vote where it was. It was just a fun placeholder and nothing more. The fact you've scrambled to make a big deal of it is telling.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullz - If you had to pick between yourself and DF, who is SVS' partner?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Alright, gotta go for a few hours. I notice the poll ends at 2:56pm (wtf that's early), so I won't be around for the lynch.

Please don't lynch me. :ninja:

I would be in favor of a Bullz, SVS, DFaraday lynch in that order.
Image Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DFaraday »

Can anyone tell me how an early self-preservation vote is a baddie tactic? Wouldn't I be less likely to vote early to save myself if I had teammates who could help turn the tide?

P.S. Everyone seems to be basing their votes around the bandwagons. I.E. "Well I think this one is good, so I'll vote according to the other bandwagon." Which is exactly what I was afraid of to begin with. Once players start taking lots of votes everyone gets sucked into voting for or against bandwagons.

P.P.S. Matt, I didn't say I'd be voting you out of preservation. I said I wanted to vote you but voted Wilgy out of preservation. Now that I need to, I can vote for you after all.

P.P.P.S. At least if I'm the first one lynched, it'll actually be kind of fitting with the show.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote: Zebra - What? Does that mean you'll be taking your vote off DF? Also, when I said "thank you", obviously I knew that doesn't mean you and Wilgy HAVE to keep your votes on DF, I was having fun. Dare I say...joking. :faint:
Who said anything about votes? You asked us to stop arguing, and that I can't promise.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DFaraday wrote:Can anyone tell me how an early self-preservation vote is a baddie tactic?
It's not a tactic, it's a side effect of the paranoia that one only experiences as a baddie. Not all baddietells are tactics. Nice try though.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DFaraday »

Maybe that's how you play, but I'm paranoid about getting lynched in every game, which is why I'm consistently a low poster.

Just remember, other civvies, after you kill me, you'll have to clean up your own mess. Clean up your own mess... Clean up your own mess
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't buy these defenses. That clean up your mess thing is overkill.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also if you were so paranoid in every game that you would indulge in self-preservation votes early in Day 1, why do you think so many are suspecting you of doing just that? Are they aware it's normal for you and are just looking for an easy target? Which of your voters are you most suspicious of? Which are you least suspicious of? Any of us?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Epignosis »

You knuckledraggers could be helping me lynch Nut "three posts" Ella instead.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:You knuckledraggers could be helping me lynch Nut "three posts" Ella instead.
Ok, let's try that!

*votes nutella*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Heh, now that I look at it, the poll is tied 5-5 without my vote for DFaraday. Which is exactly what I was going to not let happen. I better stick with my original plan.

*votes DFaraday*
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

To be fair, Faraday's recent hints have been as subtle as a plane falling off a cliff. I mean I guess he could be lying but I think Matt is definitely more likely to be bad.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That's just it. If he wasn't lying, the hints would be more subtle.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt on the other hand is 100% civ Matt.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

What if he was nearly an hour away from being lynched and getting desperate?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Referring to Faraday's hints there, somehow didn't get linki on the second post.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Bullzeye wrote:What if he was nearly an hour away from being lynched and getting desperate?
Who, DF? If so, yes.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Golden »

DFaraday has been lynched. His role was:

Boone Carlyle. As you were on the plane, you are one of the good guys.
It is now Night One.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prepare to die Matt.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 40

Lost Again Mafia (Season 1) - polls

Post by Golden »

Day one

Zebra 0
Long Con 0
DrWilgy 0
Sorsha 0
Floyd 1 nutella (3) 6%
Nutella 1 Epignosis (10) 6%
DFaraday 6 Scotty (4), DrWilgy (7), Typhoony (13), Matt (14), a2thezebra (15), Long Con (18) 33%
Scotty 0
Bullzeye 0
Typhoony 0
Matt 5 S~V~S (8), Sorsha (9), TheFloyd73 (11), Bullzeye (12), DFaraday (17) 28%
S~V~S 0
Epignosis 0
Anyone from New Zealand (host) 5 Golden (1), Tranq (2), Metalmarsh89 (5), Turnip Head (6), MovingPictures07 (16) 28%
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Re: Lost Again Mafia (season 1) - Night 1

Post by Sorsha »

RIP BooneFaraday :(
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

a2thezebra wrote:Matt on the other hand is 100% civ Matt.
- Faraday is revealed to be civ -
a2thezebra wrote:Prepare to die Matt.
Doesn't look fishy at all.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Do you think I'm trying to disguise my flip-flop?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I think you were trying to defend Matt but didn't want to vote him and lose a teammate so early in the game, but have now accepted that he's probably going down and therefore are turning on him immediately so you don't look like someone who lynched a civ to help a teammate.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Eh, that's reasonable. My view is that I read Matt as bad too often so I gave him more credit than he deserved on Day 1 and voted for the wrong guy. I am pretty sure that one of them is bad, and we now know DFaraday isn't.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

RIP DF. Sorry to see you go, sir, let's blame Bullz and SVS.
a2thezebra wrote:Eh, that's reasonable. My view is that I read Matt as bad too often so I gave him more credit than he deserved on Day 1 and voted for the wrong guy. I am pretty sure that one of them is bad, and we now know DFaraday isn't.
How in the world does DF ending up civvie make me bad?

In Pet Sounds, me, Enrique, and Boomslang all pretty much chilled out while the town ate each other alive. Considering DF ended up civvie, that's exactly what's happening here. Let's lynch a low poster if not Bullz or SVS next phase.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nope, one of those Day 1 wagons was bad. And we now know who that was.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, no one has done this yet.

4 8 15 16 23 42

In case I get a secret prize for saying the numbers. If I don't...I should. ;airguitar:

Linki - Zeebs, if I had been lynched, would you be turning the heat on DFaraday right now accusing him of being bad? :faint:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

If you flipped good, yes.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

But since he did, you won't.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Matt on the other hand is 100% civ Matt.
- Faraday is revealed to be civ -
a2thezebra wrote:Prepare to die Matt.
Doesn't look fishy at all.
Interesting pieces of evidence you've pointed out, I agree with your point of view.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:Nope, one of those Day 1 wagons was bad. And we now know who that was.
-__-
Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lame, Floyd.

Lame, Zebra.

I won't call SVS lame because I think she knows it's lame and thus baddie. ;airguitar:
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I disagree.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Derp.

This standstill we got feels anticlimactic. Someone NK one of us, that would make it better! :beer:

SVS - Assuming I no longer exist, what are your feelings on Bullz, Zebra, Sorsha, and Floyd? I'd like to know your thoughts on that "lynch Matt" posse you got goin'.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”