a2thezebra
10%
DFaraday
30%
indiglo
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
I'm not playing but I'm actually here tho (non-players)
60%

Total votes: 10
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: [DAY 1] Mafia of Montreal: A Variety of Whimsical Murder

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Link MM: don't want to vote yourself to find out this time eh? Too costly for your baddie team to risk you getting lynched? ;)
Why yes, how did you know?
I drew a mafia role for the fifth speed game in a row.
Guys I think MM wants to be lynched. Is there a jester role in play?

Oh,
And don't vote me kthnx
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Link MM: don't want to vote yourself to find out this time eh? Too costly for your baddie team to risk you getting lynched? ;)
Why yes, how did you know?
I drew a mafia role for the fifth speed game in a row.
Guys I think MM wants to be lynched. Is there a jester role in play?

Oh,
And don't vote me kthnx
You think I'm a jester Mr. "I Accidentally self-voted"?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: [DAY 0] Mafia of Montreal: A Variety of Whimsical Murder

Post by nutella »

Typhoony wrote:I'm more suspicious of nutelLA and LC than that I am of Zebra/Scotty/SVS right now.
And why is that?

Spacedaisy wrote: Nutella: I can totally see why Scotty listed you as a person of interest. You put some weight behind the idea that Scotty legitimately slipped up, but not enough to seem too convinced until he called you out. Then you seemed to throttle it up. It looked like someone feeling the waters out, see if it might be a safe wagon to get on. But then Scotty calling you out forced your hand I think.
Not really sure what you mean by any of this. My opinions tend to evolve and change, often even within the course of typing my thoughts out in a post -- when I started writing my longish post about Scotty I was feeling pretty ambivalent about it, but by the end I had sorted out some reasons why I felt it was more likely he did slip.

I think you are reading a lot into the total of two posts I made on the topic. Scotty brought up my name after I had made just the one post asserting that I thought it was possible he had slipped. I then sorted out my thoughts on the matter in my next post, and ended up sticking with the belief that it was a slip, even though Scotty had just called me out for "jumping on it" (in reality I had stated a fairly objective possibility based on precedent of secret forum usage). I think HE's the one jumping on ME for drawing attention to the likelihood that he slipped.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Since votes are not changeable, I'm going to hold onto it for a while longer, but it will almost certainly go to Scotty.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well I doubt that Scotty is Isabell. Otherwise he'd be at 5 votes already.

Isabell:
Isabell would you like to tell about the bell hidden inside your name?
Protects a player every night. She receives two additional votes against her for every post she makes after receiving her first vote on any Day phase.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:haha: Laying it on thick, eh Scotty?

The only question is, is he Mafia or Civ?

...I guess that's the question by default. I meant that Scotty wants us to lynch him today as part of his role. If it's a Civ role, then that's a good thing. If Mafia, then bad. So, the USUAL question gets a reversal of polarity in this instance. :omg:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote::haha: Laying it on thick, eh Scotty?

...I guess that's the question by default. I meant that Scotty wants us to lynch him today as part of his role. If it's a Civ role, then that's a good thing. If Mafia, then bad. So, the USUAL question gets a reversal of polarity in this instance. :omg:
I don't see an obvious role that would want to be lynched. And only one pair of roles, the Indys, have secrets.

But one of those Indys cannot be lynched, so :shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Spacedaisy »

Whether he is trying to get lynched or not I'm not interested in voting for Scotty personally. I try not to vote for someone who is trying to get lynched. I don't know that is the case here, but I do know that I don't suspect him so I'm not voting him.

Nutella, you coming out with as strong assertions as you have been making since Scotty called you out looks an awful lot like your baddie game to me. I mean it's pretty early in the game for me to see such a strong stance out of you if you are civ. :shrugs:

Hey LC, what's your read on Nutella?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I don't see an obvious role that would want to be lynched. And only one pair of roles, the Indys, have secrets.

But one of those Indys cannot be lynched, so :shrug:
Mimi Merlot:
Mimi Merlot you're the most convincingly non-fictitious character that I know!
Kills every even night, and silences a player on odd nights (unless they suck her finger... like thisss). Secrets.

The Repudiated Immortals (2):
The creator of what's now cliché had some funny words to say, "All you little things are incomplete."
Have BTSC with each other. One cannot be lynched on odd days or nightkilled on even nights, and viceversa the other. Secrets.

:eye: There is another role with secrets. A baddie role.

SD: Lemme give her posts a read-through and get back to you. Should take about two minutes at this point.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I know how it looks but I really did not mean to vote myself. I'm on my phone and I am in the middle of a show right now so I misread.

I would strongly advise a Nutella lynch. I do not want to be lynchsd today.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Spacedaisy wrote:Whether he is trying to get lynched or not I'm not interested in voting for Scotty personally. I try not to vote for someone who is trying to get lynched. I don't know that is the case here, but I do know that I don't suspect him so I'm not voting him.

Nutella, you coming out with as strong assertions as you have been making since Scotty called you out looks an awful lot like your baddie game to me. I mean it's pretty early in the game for me to see such a strong stance out of you if you are civ. :shrugs:

Hey LC, what's your read on Nutella?
You're right that I'm usually pretty wishy-washy -- but as I said, my opinion changed even while writing a post. I was flip-flopping in the moment, weighing each side. But what looks to me like a baddie slip to me is somewhat of a special case -- there is enough that points to a pretty solid reason for suspecting Scotty, so I'm sticking with it for now.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:

I know how it looks but I really did not mean to vote myself. I'm on my phone and I am in the middle of a show right now so I misread.

Ok, then straight up, what was the deal with your post about killing Typh? I don't think I have seen a solid statement from you about your intentions with that post, if it wasn't an accidental slip from baddie BTSC. As Dana pointed out:
Enrique wrote:1. Remember, and this goes especially to the new people. No BTSC. This means you may only talk about the game, post about the game on threads about the game. Each BTSC team has their own subforum where they may talk to each other, but that's it, no one may discuss the game outside of the specified threads.
Were you aware at the time of your post that this was the case?

As for nutella's posts, I don't see them at the level of incrimination that some of you are seeing. The baddies are talking in threads, not Chatzy, so the method of posting to their teammates is the same as posting to the thread. That's an ideal way for exactly this kind of slip-up to happen, and I actually agree with her. Either Scotty actually slipped up, or he pretended to slip up. If he pretended to slip up, then... the intention is to go after anyone who accuses you of slipping up?

That "plan" doesn't make sense to me. If there was an actual slip-up then is everyone supposed to ignore it because it's suspicious to believe it?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:I would strongly advise a Nutella lynch.
Just want to focus on this. I don't get your angle here. Take me through your thought process, starting from before you made your "slip-up" post, if you don't mind.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Ok, then straight up, what was the deal with your post about killing Typh? I don't think I have seen a solid statement from you about your intentions with that post, if it wasn't an accidental slip from baddie BTSC. As Dana pointed out:
Enrique wrote:1. Remember, and this goes especially to the new people. No BTSC. This means you may only talk about the game, post about the game on threads about the game. Each BTSC team has their own subforum where they may talk to each other, but that's it, no one may discuss the game outside of the specified threads.
Were you aware at the time of your post that this was the case?

As for nutella's posts, I don't see them at the level of incrimination that some of you are seeing. The baddies are talking in threads, not Chatzy, so the method of posting to their teammates is the same as posting to the thread. That's an ideal way for exactly this kind of slip-up to happen, and I actually agree with her. Either Scotty actually slipped up, or he pretended to slip up. If he pretended to slip up, then... the intention is to go after anyone who accuses you of slipping up?

That "plan" doesn't make sense to me. If there was an actual slip-up then is everyone supposed to ignore it because it's suspicious to believe it?
I never said anything about there being a plan. Who said that?

Maybe it was a joke about last game and I kept going with it? You know how there's always that one uncle At thanksgiving dinner that starts talking about politics and has no monitor for when to shut up? What was the point, you say? It was day 0 and I didn't think a joke like that would take such stock. It didn't seem to land with everyone, but it did get some interesting responses that, while unintentional, were welcome.

So nutella's response and initial post was to ride the coat tails of zebra's pushing. But not just ride, she kind of walked alongside that train, because she even backed it up with a "well, it could have been a slip up or not a slip up but it probably was." I can run a cycle of clothes with her wishy-washy approach to this.

I then ask you: do you find nutella's response satisfactory? Am I just a soggy bag of rice?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

As I said, I don't find nutella's response to be "unsatisfactory". It's not an unusual response to a seeming slip-up.

Your response was actually unsatisfactory - for one, you avoided answering my question about whether or not you knew about baddie BTSC being thread-based in this game at the time of your post.

"Maybe it was a joke" you say. You're a metaphorical "uncle at Christmas dinner" who doesn't know when to shut up? No, I don't know... I mean, I do know because my cousin Al IS that "uncle at Christmas dinner"... but I don't see the parallel to your "joke post".

How's about you explain the joke for all us Syndicaters at home? I don't get it. What was the "last game" in which the joke originated? What's the difference between agreeing with someone's analysis and riding their coattails?

You're hurting my mind here.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

If that was a reference to a previous game, why was that not mentioned before? I feel like that's kind of important information in this situation. It would explain the joke pretty much completely and this whole thing would not have been an issue.
Scotty wrote:I can run a cycle of clothes with her wishy-washy approach to this.
Can I just say that this is amazing.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Spacedaisy »

It was mentioned before. A couple people mentioned it right at the get go I believe.

Regarding Nutella, it is not her wish washy original response that tweaked my eyebrow, it was her moving into a firm stance that did it for me. She is almost never this firm in her suspicions, especially this early in the game. From my experience, wishy washy Nutella = civ, firm stance Nutella = baddie. That is what I find suspect with her.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 256

Post by a2thezebra »

This doesn't make any sense to me. How does Scotty's initial post being a joke somehow not make it a slip? Did I accidentally migrate to a universe where baddies don't joke? Of course it's a joke, but I think that it was meant for a different audience. I get thinking that Scotty didn't slip but everyone who's said that he didn't slip because he was joking is pinging me big time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Oh yeah, and Scotty. I know votes are not changeable and I know how early in the day it is. I didn't say that he slipped to gauge reactions (although you better believe I'm gauging them), I said that he slipped because I think that he slipped. That's final.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

a2thezebra wrote:This doesn't make any sense to me. How does Scotty's initial post being a joke somehow not make it a slip? Did I accidentally migrate to a universe where baddies don't joke? Of course it's a joke, but I think that it was meant for a different audience. I get thinking that Scotty didn't slip but everyone who's said that he didn't slip because he was joking is pinging me big time.
You're playing 52 card pickup with me here.

How does a joke = a slip?
Let me try and wrap my head around what you're saying here.

You're thinking that I:
-slipped,
-but it was a joke,
-which is still a slip,
-within some presupposed BTSC chat
BUT
-You think that I DIDN'T slip
-and everyone that sees me joking instead of slipping is suspect.
a2thezebra wrote:Oh yeah, and Scotty. I know votes are not changeable and I know how early in the day it is. I didn't say that he slipped to gauge reactions (although you better believe I'm gauging them), I said that he slipped because I think that he slipped. That's final.
Then you vote me early, and are back to believing I slipped again...because I slipped.

Zeebs, you make about as much sense as Hitler appearing in a Pixar movie. I'm sure you're making a case somewhere in there, but I'm not sure what it is.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:This doesn't make any sense to me. How does Scotty's initial post being a joke somehow not make it a slip? Did I accidentally migrate to a universe where baddies don't joke? Of course it's a joke, but I think that it was meant for a different audience. I get thinking that Scotty didn't slip but everyone who's said that he didn't slip because he was joking is pinging me big time.

Come on, take it word by word. It isn't that hard. I'm not saying that it's a slip because it's a joke, I'm saying that just because it's a joke doesn't mean that it's not a slip. I don't know how much clearer I can articulate this.

You're thinking that I:
-slipped, Yes.
-but it was a joke, Probably.
-which is still a slip, Not by default, but in this case yes.
-within some presupposed BTSC chat I'm sorry, do BTSC chats not exist anymore?
BUT
-You think that I DIDN'T slip Don't even pretend that you are this confused. No.
-and everyone that sees me joking instead of slipping is suspect. I think that everyone (most recently Dana) who is saying that because you were joking, that somehow means that you didn't slip, is suspect.
a2thezebra wrote:Oh yeah, and Scotty. I know votes are not changeable and I know how early in the day it is. I didn't say that he slipped to gauge reactions (although you better believe I'm gauging them), I said that he slipped because I think that he slipped. That's final.
Then you vote me early, and are back to believing I slipped again...because I slipped. Why are you acting like I'm being inconsistent? Show me where you got the impression that I was implying that I thought you didn't slip and then went back to thinking it again, because I don't see this inconsistency. Point it out pretty please if you don't mind.

Zeebs, you make about as much sense as Hitler appearing in a Pixar movie. I'm sure you're making a case somewhere in there, but I'm not sure what it is.
I'm making perfect sense. You do know that you can disagree with me while still managing to understand what I'm saying right? Feigning confusion isn't going to do you any favors because I don't buy it and even those that don't think you slipped may suspect you for it as well.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:As I said, I don't find nutella's response to be "unsatisfactory". It's not an unusual response to a seeming slip-up.

Your response was actually unsatisfactory - for one, you avoided answering my question about whether or not you knew about baddie BTSC being thread-based in this game at the time of your post.

"Maybe it was a joke" you say. You're a metaphorical "uncle at Christmas dinner" who doesn't know when to shut up? No, I don't know... I mean, I do know because my cousin Al IS that "uncle at Christmas dinner"... but I don't see the parallel to your "joke post".

How's about you explain the joke for all us Syndicaters at home? I don't get it. What was the "last game" in which the joke originated? What's the difference between agreeing with someone's analysis and riding their coattails?

You're hurting my mind here.
I'm sorry it didn't satisfact you. I missed the question about thread based BTSC, because I dunno. I guess? Not really sure how pertinent that is to anything.

In a previous game, SVS said that she would never kill Typhoony Night 1 in a game if she were baddie and he was not. So there ya go.

So the christmas dinner metaphor there was a stretch, I'll admit. Let's try another one, eh?

INT. SCHOOLROOM

A teacher sits at her desk mediating over her class' final exam. A little boy in the back appears quite diligent, but has other things on his mind.
He lifts his right butt cheek, throwing caution to the wind, and lets one fly.

The sound is muted in such a way that no one can hear it, but the sound isn't the danger here.

The olfactory senses of his fellow classmates go into hyperdrive. Some are so taken aback that they drop their pencils in disgust. One girl straight up vomits on her paper. The teacher has taken out her smartphone and is too taken with an intense game of FlappyBird to notice.

(VOICEOVER) BOY
Whoops.
The boy sheepishly slinks deeper into his chair, his crimson cheeks becoming one with his lips.

Several excruciating minutes pass. Things seemed to have gained some semblance of normalcy. The girl in front of the boy has passed out from her gratuitous vomiting. No one notices. The boy looks up suddenly, with fear in his eyes.

It is coming again.

This time he doesn't even lift a butt cheek.

(VOICEOVER) BOY
I knew then that there was no point in hiding it. Some things just can't be controlled.
A sound not unlike a foghorn erupts from the boy. Everyone stops and stares. The teacher looks up from her phone with disdain in her eyes. Her movement is swift.
TEACHER
Go to the principal's office.
The boy stands up, all eyes locked on him. Every war has casualties- he knows this. He knows too that this soon would pass, and as he trudged toward his maker, he smiled, knowing that someone in the room was clapping in their head, giving him the metaphorical medal of merit he so selfishly deserved.
BLACKOUT
What's the difference between riding coattails and agreeing with someone's analysis? Well, they're very similar. What nutella did was post about her agreement with zebra on my "slip", while simultaneously stating that I could be bad. Later, she wrote out something to the effect of 'thinking I slipped from the very beginning' which wasn't so much shown in her words. So she latched onto this idea, but didn't flesh it out, i.e. she's been sorta riding coattails, but sorta not.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

a2thezebra wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Come on, take it word by word. It isn't that hard. I'm not saying that it's a slip because it's a joke, I'm saying that just because it's a joke doesn't mean that it's not a slip. I don't know how much clearer I can articulate this.

You're thinking that I:
-slipped, Yes.
BUT
-You think that I DIDN'T slip Don't even pretend that you are this confused. No.
-and everyone that sees me joking instead of slipping is suspect. I think that everyone (most recently Dana) who is saying that because you were joking, that somehow means that you didn't slip, is suspect.
Then you vote me early, and are back to believing I slipped again...because I slipped. Why are you acting like I'm being inconsistent? Show me where you got the impression that I was implying that I thought you didn't slip and then went back to thinking it again, because I don't see this inconsistency. Point it out pretty please if you don't mind.

I'm making perfect sense. You do know that you can disagree with me while still managing to understand what I'm saying right? Feigning confusion isn't going to do you any favors because I don't buy it and even those that don't think you slipped may suspect you for it as well.
Treating me like a 5 year old isn't helping me understand. Maybe it's just very late, maybe I am tired, but I keep rererereading your statements and I see contradictions.

Are you saying that I intentionally meant to joke in a BTSC chat with fellow baddies? Because that's more concise than "I get thinking that Scotty didn't slip" followed by "I said that he slipped because I think that he slipped." That's about as cohesive as a suspension bridge put together with duct tape. :shrug2:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Scotty wrote:

You're thinking that I:
-slipped, Yes.
BUT

Treating me like a 5 year old isn't helping me understand. Maybe it's just very late, maybe I am tired, but I keep rererereading your statements and I see contradictions.

Are you saying that I intentionally meant to joke in a BTSC chat with fellow baddies? Because that's more concise than "I get thinking that Scotty didn't slip" followed by "I said that he slipped because I think that he slipped." That's about as cohesive as a suspension bridge put together with duct tape. :shrug2:
I don't mean to treat you like a five-year-old I just can't comprehend where you're getting these contradictions from. I mean the best example you can pull up is the underlined portion? That's not a contradiction. Admitting that I can understand where other people are coming from with a differing point of view while going on to state my own point of view is not a contradiction, sorry.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And I don't know if you were joking or not, that's not the point. The point is that the possibility that you were joking in no way removes the possibility that you didn't slip, and anyone that thinks otherwise is getting my :eye:.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

OH!
I understand where I got confused. Your syntax was confusing af.
"I get thinking" i took as "I got to thinking" when in reality you meant to say "I understand other people thinking"

Cool. Good talk. I'm going to bed and will revisit this in the morning. Fare thee well, striped horse.

Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Typhoony »

nutella wrote:
Typhoony wrote:I'm more suspicious of nutelLA and LC than that I am of Zebra/Scotty/SVS right now.
And why is that?
Gut read, really.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 110

Post by S~V~S »

I think LC knows my current baddie game better than almost anyone (which reminds me, I would like to hear what BR thinks of all of this, I think she is a better judge of me than LC is overall) and I think he should know that this, "Imma sulk & hold my breath until I turn blue just lynch me wah wah" shit isn't it.

So I am going to vote for him for this post:
Long Con wrote:I think S~V~S' reaction is important to look at as well. S~V~S, the explanation of why you were posting at that time wasn't that necessary, it's pretty defensive - that sentence, and your entire post, has the feeling that you are caught.
I vent to the chat when I am bad, and he knows it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 110

Post by S~V~S »

I was annoyed when I made that post he is referencing, and he knows that too :P
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DrWilgy »

Good luck everyone. You probably don't need my luck though.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Is it when you're good or bad that you start stating the facts about what other people know?

Name one game where I made judgements about you based on your meta. If I'm supposed to *know* all this stuff about you and how you play, then it's probably not too much to ask that you know all about how I play. Since when do I ever play like that? That's how you play, S~V~S, not me. I don't remember dick-all about how people are supposed to play most of the time. I especially don't put any stock at all in the behaviour of people who are apparently very well-versed in their OWN meta.

In other words: it's a good thing YOU know how you act as a Civvie and how you act as a baddie, so that you can be sure to always act as the appropriate alignment in the thread.

DharmaHelper cleverly threw my own words back at me in the Champions Game. I don't know which game he dug this up from, but:
Long Con from a past game wrote:First of all, don't tell me what I "should know". It just makes me more suspicious of you. You don't know how I read you, how I analyze you, and how I remember your past play in games. You know how YOU do these things, but the things I know, remember, and analyze are not going to be the same as you.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sig »

So I remember SVS gameplay the most from the first game I played here, when I mistakenly tried to get her lynched for being to emotional. From my limited meta on SVS I'm not reading her as mafia.

I don't like this push on Scotty based around a joke, this reminds me of how I was lynched multiply times for making a joke or a "scum slip."

Also ugh twenty four hour days should've checked that before the game. :P

I'm slightly suspicious of LC also.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Zebra and Scotty: your confusion with each other looks like it stems from some linguistic definition about "joke".

From Zebra's POV, the joke is "ha ha we should kill Typh to exonerate SVS"... that joke was to be funny (or serious) in baddie BTSC. The slip is that it was accidentally posted in the Game Thread. In that way, it can simultaneously be a joke and a slip... or it could be deadly serious and a slip. Being a slip and being a joke are not in any way related to each other.

From Scotty's POV, he was deliberately making a joke to the thread. In that light, the statement can either be a joke OR a slip, but not both, because the joke is intentional while the slip is not.

That's what I'm seeing, let me know if I've misinterpreted. I just thought your argument in recent posts was painful because it stemmed from a difference in definitions.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:And I don't know if you were joking or not, that's not the point. The point is that the possibility that you were joking in no way removes the possibility that you didn't slip, and anyone that thinks otherwise is getting my :eye:.
I think he was joking.

I think it was intentional.

I'm not voting for Scotty for that one post.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh wait, but BTSC is held in Syndicate threads, not in chatzy rooms.

I see why everyone thought it was "posted" in the wrong place now. But Scotty has experience with this form of BTSC. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm sorry to rehash this again, but I looked it over and I can't get my mind around it... and I don't understand Scotty's metaphors at all.
Scotty wrote:I think we should kill Typh first because no one would suspect it was SVS
Scotty, I understand the idea behind this joke. Discussed in a previous game, S~V~S would not kill Typh on Day 1. That's easy to get.

What I'm not getting is this: if you really meant to post this joke to the Game Thread, then who was the audience? Who is "we"? Is that part of the joke's intention - to fake like you slipped and posted that in the wrong place?

Your answer about knowing there was thread-based baddie chat was "I dunno. I guess?" So... that makes it a bit hard to believe that the "slip" idea was part of your original joke. If you knew the baddies were chatting in forum threads, then making the joke be a funny pretend 'oops wrong thread!' slip is possible, but you're equivocating about that, so :shrug:

It looks like the majority of the people playing don't agree with me, so if any of you can answer these questions, I would appreciate it. I feel like I missed an episode of the show everyone loves, so I don't have the means to get the plot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

At this point, I agree with you LC. I would rather vote for Scotty than you today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:At this point, I agree with you LC. I would rather vote for Scotty than you today.
I appreciate that, marmot friend.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Scotty wrote: Maybe it was a joke about last game and I kept going with it? You know how there's always that one uncle At thanksgiving dinner that starts talking about politics and has no monitor for when to shut up? What was the point, you say? It was day 0 and I didn't think a joke like that would take such stock. It didn't seem to land with everyone, but it did get some interesting responses that, while unintentional, were welcome

Just me reviewing a lil bit:

-I honestly wouldn't expected Scotty to expect something like this. I mean in early game, you get what you can to try and drag more words out of someone and henceforth either have them prove themselves not scummy or more scummy. I would've thought he would know that someone would try and warp that joke to make him look bad. And I mean after that he just acted all, Evasive? I think that's a good word to use to describe him. I mean I played one game with Scotty and he damn well didn't gather suspicion in the slightest (except you know, my op gut read).

Basically what I'm trying to say is, why is Scotty being so, not optimal? Surely it's not on purpose, right?

Perhaps he could be trying to draw out a lynch on himself to confirm himself? I mean either that or LC and Zebra have just cornered him on a joke presumed slip and all the spaghetti fell out of his pocket.

I don't particularly have a solid analysis/opinion to vote someone yet, but if it had to be anyone, I would vote Scotty.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

:suspish:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The spaghetti fell out of his pocket. I can't believe I didn't notice that before. That is the most surest sign of a baddie among baddies. Also, Papryco, your spaghetti has melted.

By the way, is that a metaphor?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:The spaghetti fell out of his pocket. I can't believe I didn't notice that before. That is the most surest sign of a baddie among baddies. Also, Papryco, your spaghetti has melted.

I personally believe in the 5 second rule.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:The spaghetti fell out of his pocket. I can't believe I didn't notice that before. That is the most surest sign of a baddie among baddies. Also, Papryco, your spaghetti has melted.

Maybe Optimal Scotty would honour that time-tested rule, but it has already been established that you are currently operating as Sub-Optimal Scotty. What's up with that? A man's gotta respond to an assertion like that, if he wants to be a man. With more than squinted eyes. :srsnod:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Black Rock »

I should have read the first posts, I didn't realize it was 24 hour days.

I should be home from work before the poll is up so I'm going to wait. Right now I don't know who I would vote for.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Spacedaisy wrote:Wow. I missed all the fun it seems. Here is my reaction to everything and everyone involved:

Scotty: This was not a slip, I don't think it was even intended to be taken as a slip. I've seen slips and this is nothing like those, I've seen and successfully carried out a fake slip and there was nothing believable in that "slip" so I fall squarely on side that read it as a joke. Which would also explain why he didn't say he was trying a gambit to see how people reacted IMO (zebra).

Zebra: I feel like your points you are making are super forced, but I suspect you are the one who is actually pulling a gambit here to see what shakes out. I think you would play with more finesse if you were an opportunistic baddie. Especially since I think some of the things you are demanding answers about have pretty obvious answers.

SVS: I am torn here. I felt like her initial reaction wasn't all that weird but stepping back a bit I can see why people think she is being overly defensive. Even so I can actually see it being just a knee jerk irritated reaction to being thrown in the middle of something she didn't ask for. The longer you've been playing the more jaded you can become. I don't see myself voting for her today unless something else happens to convince me otherwise.

Nutella: I can totally see why Scotty listed you as a person of interest. You put some weight behind the idea that Scotty legitimately slipped up, but not enough to seem too convinced until he called you out. Then you seemed to throttle it up. It looked like someone feeling the waters out, see if it might be a safe wagon to get on. But then Scotty calling you out forced your hand I think.

Black Rock: probably in the same boat as Nutella initially but I don't think I've seen the same response from her as Nutella to Scotty calling her out. I'll have to check back to make sure that is correct but I don't have the same vibe from her as Nutella at the moment.

If I had to vote right now it's probably be for Nutella, but I don't have to vote right now so I will happily wait and see what else the thread conversation might bring up. :fiesta:

Link MM: don't want to vote yourself to find out this time eh? Too costly for your baddie team to risk you getting lynched? ;)
Black Rock wrote:Here finally. I'm always late to the good parties.

I'll be really upset if Scotty kills Typhoony night one. I never get to play with him. I haven't had a healthy "Typh is bad because." for a long time.
This was my only post before Scotty brought my name up. Is this the weight I threw behind the idea?
ImageImage
Boulders
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Boulders »

I didn't mean to click on SVS!

I really think this skycatguylover98 should be the first to go, he already professed that he is a professional member of the mafia and if that is the case we should just get rid of him now
- Boulders Spinoza, 1669
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Two mistake votes in the first day? Give your clickers a shake.
ImageImage
Boulders
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Boulders »

Black Rock wrote:Two mistake votes in the first day? Give your clickers a shake.
what is a clicker...?
- Boulders Spinoza, 1669
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Maybe Optimal Scotty would honour that time-tested rule, but it has already been established that you are currently operating as Sub-Optimal Scotty. What's up with that? A man's gotta respond to an assertion like that, if he wants to be a man. With more than squinted eyes. :srsnod:
Oh, has that been established? Because as far as I know, I'm still the same ole Scotty. I started drinking coffee. So maybe that's it? I take offense, sir, that you think my response is not manly enough for you. All I can say is, I do yoga, I bench a nice triple digit number, and I kiss girls, often with both lips at the same time.

Also, thanks for stopping by, Boulders. I seem to have started a trend with misvoting. :rolleyes:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boulders wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Two mistake votes in the first day? Give your clickers a shake.
what is a clicker...?
The little gadget with a wire that neither looks nor sounds like a small rodent.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”