It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Soneji »

A lot of posts devoted to talking about a mechanic that only matters to endgame numbers for the mafia(with a chance to cancel out naturally), that only could slightly assist the cops in finding the Dons, who to our knowledge have no means of harming them. The question now is to look towards Wilgy who started it or DDL who went full on with it, claimed it made Wilgy likely town and took way too long to acknowledge it as a distraction to actual scumhunting.

Dragon D Luffy

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

People that haven't checked in yet in a game that had no Day 0 for them to check in with:
agleaminranks
chaindeath
Serge

Would love to hear from these people before tomorrow or else they have a very good chance to get my vote.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

agleaminranks, come say something.
Hiii, I'm trying to catch up on the posts so far. I didn't get a chance to read through it yet because I just started my new job today as an afterschool math and physics tutor. I'll have something solid to go on in the next few hours hopefully~ :nicenod:
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Refusal to elaborate on a lynch vote isn't enough for a lynch? I disagree, Luffy. Saying "X should be dead" and not explaining the why is either poor play that needs to be pruned or intentional manipulation of mob mentality to keep motives for X's death hidden. I don't like it.

Wilgy you knew perfectly well that your voting plan wasn't going to work before you posted it.

Scotty you didn't put me on that list of people who hadn't checked in. If you made the list off the top of your head why are those 3 on your mind, and if you went down the list how did you miss me?
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Refusal to elaborate on a lynch vote isn't enough for a lynch? I disagree, Luffy. Saying "X should be dead" and not explaining the why is either poor play that needs to be pruned or intentional manipulation of mob mentality to keep motives for X's death hidden. I don't like it.
Or it's to gauge reactions of the "X should be dead" statement, to fish for baddie opportunism or manipulation. I'm not sure that it's that but keep the possibility open.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

Hiii, I'm trying to catch up on the posts so far. I didn't get a chance to read through it yet because I just started my new job today as an afterschool math and physics tutor. I'll have something solid to go on in the next few hours hopefully~ :nicenod:
Damn, that was fast.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:With that, a few points.

- Enrique has posted nothing but smilies and refuses to answer anything. I don't think this is enough for a lynch, but I wish he started being more helpfun soon.

- Ika made a vote for Silverwolf just for the sake of "getting her to talk". Which is pro-active, but not really necessary, and reeks to me of an attempt to look like he is doing anything. Of course it's mostly paranoia, but I might as well point it out.

- Sloonei doesn't have the time to participate but he apparently has time to read the thread, think I'm suspicious and demand answers from me. I find that curious.

- Matt was way more active last game I played with him. he couldn't shut up. Now he only made one post, about how he intends to read Zebra. I know this is too soon for make such demands, but I miss active Matt.

Don't know if any of those are useful but we might as well discuss them. 28 hours to go, let's move guys.
My behavior is curious in that I am curious about the game, sure. I'm not sure what else you could mean by that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Diiny »

You know exactly what he means but you disagree, why pretend otherwise?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Diiny wrote:@ika

If you said anything before you were called out on it, whether you voted first or after, I wouldn't mind as much, but this way it looks like that's just the excuse you came up with for that vote. Get where I'm coming from?

Yes and all I can say is that it's a NAI thing. Any game me and silver play my first vote will always be going to her and most if not all my posts will be addressed at her till I sort her.

If you still think the same then I don't got much else to say.

I'm still mobile so I might be around tonight
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:

Damn, that was fast.
What are you implying?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote:You know exactly what he means but you disagree, why pretend otherwise?
Perhaps I was feigning aloofness.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:

Damn, that was fast.
What are you implying?
I'm not implying anything. What I said was explicit. I told gleam to say something and gleam did. Hence "Damn, that was fast."

What did you think I was implying?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:

Damn, that was fast.
What are you implying?
I'm not implying anything. What I said was explicit. I told gleam to say something and gleam did. Hence "Damn, that was fast."

What did you think I was implying?
That it was too fast for comfort.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I thought he was implying that, here we go, we already have people saying they are not caught up to the thread and it is only halfway through day one.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Hey, at least there's no Day 0. When there's a Day 0 with such frequent posting you have people that never catch up.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Soneji wrote:A lot of posts devoted to talking about a mechanic that only matters to endgame numbers for the mafia(with a chance to cancel out naturally), that only could slightly assist the cops in finding the Dons, who to our knowledge have no means of harming them. The question now is to look towards Wilgy who started it or DDL who went full on with it, claimed it made Wilgy likely town and took way too long to acknowledge it as a distraction to actual scumhunting.

Dragon D Luffy
I make a lot of posts about everything, useful or otherwise. You should know that by this point.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Matt wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Matt was way more active last game I played with him. he couldn't shut up. Now he only made one post, about how he intends to read Zebra. I know this is too soon for make such demands, but I miss active Matt.
This just started yesterday :(

Thanks for missing active Matt, though, Dragon! I don't think I've ever heard those words before. XD
Ok sorry, I was probably jumping the gun there. It's just that you not posting all the time felt uncanny. XD
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Soneji's name is too similar to mine, this game is hard.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I thought he was implying that, here we go, we already have people saying they are not caught up to the thread and it is only halfway through day one.
Nah. I was just amazed that I vote the guy and he shows up and posts.
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Serge »

Hello everyone, I'm Serge.

The traitor thing could theoretically work if everyone votes for everyone in the first day but how would that even be noticed by the moderators? Would we need to post our votes in the thread for this to kick in?

The effect of this would eventually level the playing field of both families if it works out, but still a traitor in the family could be an advantage or a disadvantage that could turn the tide.

Logistics of setting and executing this up is improbable, so I think it won't work.

With the numbers between the families I think we should first focus on scumhunting.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hunting inactives? I don't remember you doing that since Guess Who mafia, or is my memory bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

Hunting inactives? I don't remember you doing that since Guess Who mafia, or is my memory bad?
That's right. I've had a serious change of heart since hosting Arkham.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

RadicalFuzz wrote:Refusal to elaborate on a lynch vote isn't enough for a lynch? I disagree, Luffy. Saying "X should be dead" and not explaining the why is either poor play that needs to be pruned or intentional manipulation of mob mentality to keep motives for X's death hidden. I don't like it.

Wilgy you knew perfectly well that your voting plan wasn't going to work before you posted it.

Scotty you didn't put me on that list of people who hadn't checked in. If you made the list off the top of your head why are those 3 on your mind, and if you went down the list how did you miss me?
I don't like it either, but I've lynched too many civs in this site for that to know it's not a very strong tell.

So I'm being cautious.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Serge wrote:Hello everyone, I'm Serge.

The traitor thing could theoretically work if everyone votes for everyone in the first day but how would that even be noticed by the moderators? Would we need to post our votes in the thread for this to kick in?

The effect of this would eventually level the playing field of both families if it works out, but still a traitor in the family could be an advantage or a disadvantage that could turn the tide.

Logistics of setting and executing this up is improbable, so I think it won't work.

With the numbers between the families I think we should first focus on scumhunting.
Hello Serge, I am Sloonei. Let's talk about Other Things. Which players have stood out to you in the thread so far, and for what reasons?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:

- Enrique has posted nothing but smilies and refuses to answer anything. I don't think this is enough for a lynch, but I wish he started being more helpfun soon.

- Ika made a vote for Silverwolf just for the sake of "getting her to talk". Which is pro-active, but not really necessary, and reeks to me of an attempt to look like he is doing anything. Of course it's mostly paranoia, but I might as well point it out.

- Sloonei doesn't have the time to participate but he apparently has time to read the thread, think I'm suspicious and demand answers from me. I find that curious.

- Matt was way more active last game I played with him. he couldn't shut up. Now he only made one post, about how he intends to read Zebra. I know this is too soon for make such demands, but I miss active Matt.

Don't know if any of those are useful but we might as well discuss them. 28 hours to go, let's move guys.
My behavior is curious in that I am curious about the game, sure. I'm not sure what else you could mean by that.
Point is that you seem to be having a lot more time to be active than initially implied.

Not a very strong tell either, though. But I felt like pointing it out.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 28

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Fair point zebra.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:Soneji's name is too similar to mine, this game is hard.
I'm feeling weird because I have to call him Soneji.

When in the other forum he is WPK.

THIS IS SO WRONG
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

Did many people be inactive in that game so you decided enough is enough?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Point is that you seem to be having a lot more time to be active than initially implied.

I am normally much more active than I have been. I've been traveling all day and will be home soon. 4 or 5 small comments on Day 1 is low activity for me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Diiny wrote:@ika

If you said anything before you were called out on it, whether you voted first or after, I wouldn't mind as much, but this way it looks like that's just the excuse you came up with for that vote. Get where I'm coming from?

Yes and all I can say is that it's a NAI thing. Any game me and silver play my first vote will always be going to her and most if not all my posts will be addressed at her till I sort her.

If you still think the same then I don't got much else to say.

I'm still mobile so I might be around tonight
ika-the best way for you to sort me is to interact with me or ask me questions. Voting me and saying you want to sort me just looks like busy work. I know you think I had questions about the setup but I think I've got them all answered now. Do you have a read on anyone else based on what's been posted so far?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

I am normally much more active than I have been. I've been traveling all day and will be home soon. 4 or 5 small comments on Day 1 is low activity for me.
Fair enough. You were more active than me in my first game here, now that I think about it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Serge wrote:With the numbers between the families I think we should first focus on scumhunting.
I agree.

Any suspects?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:

Did many people be inactive in that game so you decided enough is enough?
Eh, I've never been fond of inactive players, either as a player or a host. I've been hosting nonstop since October tough, and I've seen plenty of Mafia do little or nothing in that time. Replacements have been hard to come by recently on top of it all.

So yeah, I'm good lynching a no-show Day 1, but I'll vote someone active if there's good reason.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote:
Diiny wrote:You know exactly what he means but you disagree, why pretend otherwise?
For what purpose?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
For what purpose?
Game-related ones. What sort of information are you hoping to get out of this line of questioning?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Silverwolf, are you giving your friend advice because you think they're town or are you saying you think they're scummy?

Linki: a read on you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Diiny wrote:Silverwolf, are you giving your friend advice because you think they're town or are you saying you think they're scummy?

Thoughts so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Civilians
I'm sorry, but I can't handle this. I'll save you the trouble, but please fix it! I know I'm a pain in the ass.

Civilians
Done, thanks. :beer:
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sloonei wrote:
Diiny wrote:Silverwolf, are you giving your friend advice because you think they're town or are you saying you think they're scummy?

Thoughts so far?
I'll let you know later.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

agleaminranks wrote:

Oh wow, imagine seeing you in these parts!

In other news, I think it's transcendent that we are having the Voting a Non-Participant discussion again, and on my first day back!. Historically, I am very fond of this tactic (that is, in the absence of anything meatier -we've certainly had meat in the room on day 1, so to speak).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You're civ.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

a2thezebra wrote:

You're civ.
Why?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

You're civ.
Why?
Gut. Mafia doesn't tend to open with a post like that. It's possible, but I doubt it.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Luffy's been making a lot of discussion. I wanna quickly mention this notion I think he and Wilgy co-formulated a few pages back:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I wish I understood what this plan was so I could go ahead and tell you all how foolish it is.
I'll summarize:

Assumption: Don doesn't want to change votes often because that increases the probability of voting for the traitor.
I don't think this assumption holds any water, especially this early in the game. Given that he or she knows who their crew is and no one else, no matter if he or she sticks to one vote or hops back and forth several times, with no other considerations at this time, he or she is just as likely as not to choose a traitor.

I don't have a ton of considerations at this point. In my experience, the people who garner the most conversation early in the games either do so unwittingly (not really the case here) or are confident enough not to worry if the lynch votes pile up. Hmm.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I thought he was implying that, here we go, we already have people saying they are not caught up to the thread and it is only halfway through day one.
I'm fine with hunting me as an inactive, but I just got home from work and would have made my first post about the same time anyways.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

I'm going to go with my strategy (which I also urge other people to follow) and 'unofficially' vote ika.

I find it curious that ika would come into the thread in the middle of a discussion about how we should tackle the traitor/don problem and completely ignore the current strategies proposed and just throw a vote where it went. On top of that, there was no elaboration to his vote at all, and he hadn't even posted in the thread until I called him out on her vote. I feel like everything he has said since has been an excuse.

@agle I don't think the don knows who the capo/crew are. Just the consigliere. From what I gather it's all done via PM's to the family's host.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I'm fine with hunting me as an inactive
What do you mean?
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Quin wrote:@agle I don't think the don knows who the capo/crew are. Just the consigliere. From what I gather it's all done via PM's to the family's host.
Got it, I missed the part about the consigliere being the middle man. Should have read the roles more carefully.
Diiny wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I'm fine with hunting me as an inactive
What do you mean?
I mean like, I'm not going to attack Rob back or anything for voting me. He just wanted to fish me out because I was one of only like three inactive up to then.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

llama llama ding dong, why'd you vote for Metalmarsh? I don't remember seeing any justification.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I just made a post and it disappeared, what the hell?

Return to “Previous Jobs”