30%

Total votes: 20
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Did you two miss this?
a2thezebra wrote:Not really, I just wanted to piss him off.
How does that minimise what you said the very post before? "I think he knows he's wrong".
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Oh lol I totally did. Sorry. :fist:

Still feel like we should discuss the plan, though.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
How does that minimise what you said the very post before? "I think he knows he's wrong".
It means she is admitting the previous post is a joke.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
lol what part of "not really" do you not understand?

I agree with DDL that this should be discussed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DrWilgy »

Enrique wrote:DrWilgy
Or this we can discuss this.

I can't control oink what the don does, but if I can hinder what the cops do I would like to.

An alternative I thought of, we could all vote everyone just one by one activating both the traitors right away and dispose of that hindrance. I don't know how much the hosts would like that though. I don't think that I'd like to see a role design like that go to waste if I were the hosts.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

If it's not against the rules, the hosts should have no business getting involved. It's part of the course.

The problem is coordinating this. There are 30 players. How long till they all come online and then each vote for 30 different people?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also I have a question. Does this Traitor count every vote we make even if it isn't final, or just final votes? because if it's the former, how can the hosts possibly take note of every vote? Unless there is some recording mechanic in those polls I'm not aware of.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean, the Don could change the votes twice while both MP and Daisy were sleeping, for example.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote:

I can't control oink what the don does, but if I can hinder what the cops do I would like to.

An alternative I thought of, we could all vote everyone just one by one activating both the traitors right away and dispose of that hindrance. I don't know how much the hosts would like that though. I don't think that I'd like to see a role design like that go to waste if I were the hosts.
Why would they not like it? Watching people trying to defeat your roles is as fun when you are a host as the role playing out without interference.

How would this plan work? I am game.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I want to emphasize that votes must be cast in the poll to count at a minimum, but please also bold and underline all votes you cast and alter throughout the game. Otherwise, it makes it very difficult for us and your fellow players to track them.

Thanks!
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Black Rock »

Sloonei wrote:This is me making a Mafia post from the top of the CN Tower, for some reason.
What you doing there?
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want to emphasize that votes must be cast in the poll to count at a minimum, but please also bold and underline all votes you cast and alter throughout the game. Otherwise, it makes it very difficult for us and your fellow players to track them.

Thanks!
What happens if I forget?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Why would they not like it? Watching people trying to defeat your roles is as fun when you are a host as the role playing out without interference.

How would this plan work? I am game.
The only problem is getting both dons to do it. I mean, it's like the prisoners dilemma. The ideal outcome for a don is that the other don does it, but they themselves don't.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want to emphasize that votes must be cast in the poll to count at a minimum, but please also bold and underline all votes you cast and alter throughout the game. Otherwise, it makes it very difficult for us and your fellow players to track them.

Thanks!
Refer to the Gameplay post point #4 as follows:
MovingPictures07 wrote:4. All votes must be cast in the poll to count. It is considered standard and good form to post at the time of your vote and indicate your vote with bold/underline. Your hosts would very much appreciate that you do this, so please do so, but it is not necessary for your vote to count.

Hope that answers your question. We would really appreciate it if you all bold/underline all votes, or at least post your votes, but we're not requiring it for tally purposes.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Thanks!
MovingPictures07 wrote:4. All votes must be cast in the poll to count. It is considered standard and good form to post at the time of your vote and indicate your vote with bold/underline. Your hosts would very much appreciate that you do this, so please do so, but it is not necessary for your vote to count.

Hope that answers your question. We would really appreciate it if you all bold/underline all votes, or at least post your votes, but we're not requiring it for tally purposes.
and read the host posts... on it!
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Thanks!

and read the host posts... on it!
:beer:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DrWilgy wrote:

That little pink part you see there. I don't maybe fully understand. I read the Traitor and I get that but do you mean hiding the Don within the votes therefore protecting him from the cops?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The trade-off we should consider is the likehood of this helping the dom, versus how much not being able to vote early will gimp us. Votes are a tool of pressure, they are useful to us.
The Dom isn't playing. :suspish:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Black Rock wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

That little pink part you see there. I don't maybe fully understand. I read the Traitor and I get that but do you mean hiding the Don within the votes therefore protecting him from the cops?
Don doesn't want to activate traitor yes? meaning they won't vote very much yes? we shouldn't allow the cops to watch who's voting alot and who's voting alittle and pick between them.

Also, if the traitor does activate, he will know who the opposing don is, making potential easy killing for the rival teams here. I say in order to weaken potential traitors we work together and at least try to assign two to a vote. This is not always possible I understand, but I think it's best we all fully understand how much voting affects our teams in this game.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Can we oink get a 29 player bandwagon on Enrique oink if he doesn't come explain his vote?
Image Image Image
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Don doesn't want to activate traitor yes? meaning they won't vote very much yes? we shouldn't allow the cops to watch who's voting alot and who's voting alittle and pick between them.

Also, if the traitor does activate, he will know who the opposing don is, making potential easy killing for the rival teams here. I say in order to weaken potential traitors we work together and at least try to assign two to a vote. This is not always possible I understand, but I think it's best we all fully understand how much voting affects our teams in this game.

Alright I see. We need everyone on board for this, well before the lynch is up.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Enrique »

DrWilgy wrote:Can we oink get a 29 player bandwagon on Enrique oink if he doesn't come explain his vote?
I'm a wildcard. :dark:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Greetings! As many of you already know, I am your friendly BlooperMoD for this insanity :biggrin:

Pissed off at life? The game? A player? A player's mother? Don't take it out in the thread - talk to me first! I'm here for venting, ranting, even just chatting, and can take your punches (I am a cold-blooded invertebrate, after all) and your troubles. Don't be afraid - I'm here to help!

Now play nice and have fun, my pretties :SVS:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'll go ahead and say I don't buy this "everyone votes for everyone" plan working. At all. Too much coordination for too little time, and people don't trust each other.

While in the case of the first plan (nobody changes votes), it has some chance of working, because at least the majority of people seem to be not hindering it. Though we've already had 3 early voters which doesn't help our case, unless they never change.

So my point is, neither of the plans are very practical.

But I'll hold on to my vote for now, since it doesn't hurt too much. I don't have any suspects yet anyway.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I played one game years ago where everyone took one vote, maybe we went in alphabetical order? I forget. It was at RM. Not sure who if anyone else playing this game played that one. It is do-able. Especially since this is a weekend, we may have time for planning.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:I played one game years ago where everyone took one vote, maybe we went in alphabetical order? I forget. It was at RM. Not sure who if anyone else playing this game played that one. It is do-able. Especially since this is a weekend, we may have time for planning.
King Arthur. It was to lynch 'the Beast'. I think everyone voted for the person below them.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I played King Arthur. Can't remember too much about it, but I'm pretty sure I was on the mafia team that had the Beast on it. And I know timmer was on my team, can't remember who else. Feels like so long ago!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Manu was bad, but I don't remember what team he was on.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Your memories astound me.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

But this thing only works if the Don specifically votes for the traitor. So each one of us is making 29 posts?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Both Dons are immune to police actions, so I'm not sure we'd be accomplishing enough for such an intricate plan. The only protection the Dons really need is from each other. As far as the traitors go, I think I'll take my chances that my Don is smarter than the other Don :mafia:

Changeable votes is a valuable resource, though not everyone uses it. But I don't think we should discourage it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually that raises a question: how the hell are the cops supposed to get rid of the dons?

Because having most of their famiglias ovote for them is possible but not realiable.

Are we to assume the cops win if only the Dons are left?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Actually that raises a question: how the hell are the cops supposed to get rid of the dons?

Because having most of their famiglias ovote for them is possible but not realiable.

Are we to assume the cops win if only the Dons are left?
Who cares? Are you some kind of police sympathizer? :smoky:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I care. If we are discussing how to protect the dons, I wanna know what exactly threats them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Or maybe you already know the answer so you are trying to make us avoid that plan so you guys can use whatever crazy anti-don measure you have and take us off-guard? :smoky:

(yes this is a tinfoil but let me seize the moment)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:The Don – Every night, he selects a mission that the Capo and Crew must perform; he either punishes or rewards them based on their performance. Additionally, every night, he puts a hit out on a player; if it matches the name submitted by Hitman, the hit is successful. He is immune to any Police night actions. Can only be lynched if the majority of his voters is from his own family. Has BTSC with Consigliere.

The Don – Every night, he selects a mission that the Capo and Crew must perform; he either punishes or rewards them based on their performance. Additionally, every night, he puts a hit out on a player; if it matches the name submitted by Hitman, the hit is successful. He is immune to any Police night actions. Can only be lynched if the majority of his voters is from his own family. Has BTSC with Consigliere.
I mean, there's no room for any other interpretation. Cops can't touch the Dons.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So I'm suppose to assume if both hitmen go down, cops lose the game automatically?

EASIEST GAME EVUR
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What i mean is: the hosts are hiding something from us. I want to speculate on what. "Who cares" is not an answer, we should care about it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

My interpretation of the don is that they can be killed by the Don+Hitman of the other family. Is that right?

I still like my idea of keeping our votes unofficial until the end of each day.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What's with the Silverwolf vote, ika?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Quin wrote:What's with the Silverwolf vote, ika?

Cus she is the first person I want to sort. I am on break but I want to make sure she knows i want to talk to her
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Do not share BTSC unless specified. Win when all of The Police and The Don from The Sockfaced Famiglia are dead or arrested, but only if their alive and free family members outnumber those of The Sockfaced Famiglia.
This wording does seem to imply that the Don can be arrested (unless the Police can be arrested :huh: ), but the Don role descriptions conflict with that, so idk.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Do not share BTSC unless specified. Win when all of The Police and The Don from The Sockfaced Famiglia are dead or arrested, but only if their alive and free family members outnumber those of The Sockfaced Famiglia.
This wording does seem to imply that the Don can be arrested (unless the Police can be arrested :huh: ), but the Don role descriptions conflict with that, so idk.
Perhaps the secret role might be able to perform arrests? If not, I think it might just be a host error.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think it's actually a host error, since the signup thread says the same thing and at that time there was no secret role.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

There is no host error in that description. ;)
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

Not first! :(
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

I don't like Enrique's vote. Please explain Enrique?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:Please explain Enrique?
I've tried and failed.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:So I'm suppose to assume if both hitmen go down, cops lose the game automatically?

EASIEST GAME EVUR
What are you guys talking about? Can't the Dons get lynched? We can't role claim so it's not like we can just identify the Dons and not lynch them.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”