Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia [AD INFINITUM / Endgame]

Moderator: Community Team

Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 39

Re: [Rest / Night 3] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by Maid »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Chris Potter wrote:Fuck. I guess Vomps isn't the kind of guy who defends himself.

Free jazz is too expensive in Finland.
Are you willing to listen now? After I was already saying he was cop? And that he was town?

And that Mingus needs to be quiet now if he's town

Wow, you really did spare no effort to tell us that he was cop:
Bela Fleck wrote:lynch is on probable cop. not joining
Did you really think that would convince us?
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 195

Post by November »

And for whoever was asking me about zebra and the other guys I have them at least at null-town or higher hence poe
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Chris Potter wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Chris Potter wrote:Fuck. I guess Vomps isn't the kind of guy who defends himself.

Free jazz is too expensive in Finland.
Are you willing to listen now? After I was already saying he was cop? And that he was town?

And that Mingus needs to be quiet now if he's town

Wow, you really did spare no effort to tell us that he was cop:
Bela Fleck wrote:lynch is on probable cop. not joining
Did you really think that would convince us?
It should of given a pause at least, it sucks not being able to post proper and working overnights now doesn't it?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

We lynch humor tommorw no questions asked
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Ricochet »

Attention, non-player spectators of Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia! ...if there are any
Just because there is no Spectators Chat for this game doesn't mean we can't mingle.
Send me PMs with your mafia predictions, if you have any. I'd very curious to hear them, at this point in the game.
Please note, however, that you will not be spoiled with an answer (right/wrong), unless it would so please you.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

When I die lynch himori. That's the reasons why silver got killed
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Mingus need to come in. I want to see what he has to say now
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

This is one instance where knowing the player behind the sock would have changed my mind completely, quite a shame. I still don't see any actual reasons for suspecting Hiromi yet and I will fight a lynch against her tomorrow.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Charles Mingus wrote:This is one instance where knowing the player behind the sock would have changed my mind completely, quite a shame. I still don't see any actual reasons for suspecting Hiromi yet and I will fight a lynch against her tomorrow.
Let's see, terrible votes, inacitve, night kill.

There's more then enough reasons to do so, you have been wrong on everyone how about you listen for a change?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Also why did ou decide to misrepresent me and my Poe? How come you don't ever have any real points to makev
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by The Dry Flood »

The fact he got lynched was stupid. If hirome isn't mafia then whoever, pushed the wagon on him is.
Golden
Marmot
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

John Coltrane wrote:The fact he got lynched was stupid. If hirome isn't mafia then whoever, pushed the wagon on him is.

Thank you for making my point much better
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Dixon is most likely mafia. He was the other counterwagon day 1 yet neither tito nor bubles voted for or pushed his wagon. Dixon also didn't vote for Buble's AND he didn't vote for tito. TWO times he didn't vote for mafia, and for day 2 actively tried to get Fleck lynched over tito.
Golden
Marmot
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

John Coltrane wrote:Dixon is most likely mafia. He was the other counterwagon day 1 yet neither tito nor bubles voted for or pushed his wagon. Dixon also didn't vote for Buble's AND he didn't vote for tito. TWO times he didn't vote for mafia, and for day 2 actively tried to get Fleck lynched over tito.
I could get behind a Dixon lynch tomorrow but I'd prefer to ISO everyone first before I vote. I won't publicize whatever I might find, however.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Heading to we ok but I'm gonna ISO when I get home in about 8 or so hrs
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Here's some smooth jazz for those of us disappointed that Mr. Kenny G isn't present.

The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [Take / Day 1] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by The Dry Flood »

Bill Dixon wrote:I'd like to cast my vote for Charles Mingus, seein' as he's a most likely to be th' one draggin' and huffin' and puffin' and toutin'.
Votes for Mingus without mentioning him at all, strange vote but it is just day 1.
Bill Dixon wrote:Mr. Buble, I can't say I'm a fan of your music personally, and I'm not sure I would consider your playin' or singin' to be the genuine expression we here jazz folks hold in regard, but I can say that so far your responses feel real sincere. I'm willin' ta give you the benefit of the doubt time bein'.
So we see some mafia distancing here, you seem like mafia but I'll give ya benefit of the doubt.
Bill Dixon wrote:Interestin' that there's a no-lynch option heah. Mr. Coleman, I know you and I may have slightly... diff'rent thoughts on what is considered "in-tune" but surely ya gotta admit someone was way off in that rehearsal?
First time he mention Coleman, this is the start of his attempt to get our cop lynched.
Bill Dixon wrote:Th' Mafia Godfatha hisself gets taken out on Day 1? Hoo-wee, I seen me many a bad session turn out somethin' lovely but nothin' ever quite so spec-TACulah.

Now, the lovely Miss Holiday (and beg pardon, miss, but you do look jus' gorgeous tonigh') brings up a point Ah'd like to consider. We cut the head offa the snake pretty quickly heah but I'm thinkin' : what if these bad cats saw they boss man wann't long fo' this world and threw him unna the bus, so t' speak, to try'n get off scott free?

Bear with me, heah. I ain't so down with the lingo these kids is speakin' these days. Music the only language I speak, man. But I think I heard some fella callin' it, pardon my lack of creativity heah, these sessions do tend to wear an ol' man out, "bussin'", am I wrong?

I'mma think the first two people who voted to kick out Mr. Buble ah likely t' be playin' the straight n' narrow of it all. I'ma bit more worried here bout the fellas on the end.

Very excited when he wouldn't vote for and didn't even think Buble was worth voting for. Then we see this he gives a brief Yay and then proceeds to start trying to set up bandwagons on the people who VOTED FOR THE GODFATHER THEIR STRONGEST ROLE. This is very suspicious and lynch worthy in itself.
Bill Dixon wrote:Brotha Fats was not deservin' of none such treatment. This is some reeeeal sinistuh activity goin' on. Rest in jazz, brotha Fats.

Who among us heah coulda done such a terribuh thang? Ah'm thinkin' when Ah get back from mah rehearsal, I'mma take a closer look at some of y'all and report back with some thoughts.

I'd like to address Miles with regards to the passin' of that Buble fella: my thoughts were that I warn't a fan o' his character, like he seemed pretty outta place and outta his league. He seemed fairly eager to just fit in an' contribute a few bars, an' I thought maybe I was judgin' 'im too harshly. I'm very much guilty of puttin' a personality to the music, thinkin' erryone got the same sorta mode uh emotional expression us old timers do, not playin' anythin' we don' mean. But I was wrong, and that fella was a rat. He was jus' tryna play along for more nefarious purposes, fit in witha crowd n' trya destroy 'em from th' inside. I was judgin' 'em by 'is music, thinkin' it insincere and maybe chalkin' up differences to diff'rent generations, but it turns out the weasel was just as false as he music.

I done pulled the wool over mine own eyes, so ta speak. I ain't never takin' my eyes off the notes again, and I'mma stick with my gut, tha's for sure.
Some defense for his Buble thoughts, he uses roleplaying as a way to mask his attempts to not vote for his teammate. Not much here besides him wiggling outta a lynch.
Bill Dixon wrote:
Chris Potter wrote:And Bill Dixon, goddamn it man, are you using Jive Speak Translate?
's that a thing? Sho' would make my life easier.
Ornette Coleman wrote:Why are you defending him so vehemently though? It's not like it matters if we accidentally lynch a civ or two.
Ornette Coleman wrote:
Fats Navarro wrote: No Lynch Voters
Coleman - Why are you voting the one thing to help the bad guys?
If you would stoop to participating in a lynch just to avoid helping the bad guys, you are no better than them.
The hell you sayin', Coleman? I'm gettin' some veeeery diff'rent sorta vibes from these posts an' am begginin' to question your intentions.

First you take a position of no-lynch to avoid potentially clappin' a fellow player, now you sayin' it don' matter if a few good guys kick the can?

I don't vibe with this one bit, man.
Another post to set up Coleman.
Bill Dixon wrote:Mr. Coleman, I was hopin' to have a slightly more concrete case to think about in th' wake of th' vote today, but I'm startin' to think yo lookin' a little more worrisome than anyone else here. I think you got my vote now.
Then this, very weak reasoning for a vote, espacilly when we had someone who was very obvious mafia. THIS WAS another attempt to avoid teammate/start a counterwagon.
Bill Dixon wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:Mr. Dixon, I beg you to place your vote on either Tito or Fleck. As it stands, there will be a tie if Tito shows up and tries to save himself. Let's pick sides on these two and see how any vote changing shakes out.
Hrmm. I guess as it stands, my vote for Mr. Coleman don' mean much, huh?

I think I mentioned before I'd rather Tito have a chance to 'splain his position. Don't like how he ain't been here, but I'm feelin' more strongly 'bout the case made against Mr. Fleck-tone. If it's in th' best interest of the band, I'll begrudgin'ly switch to Mr. Fleck.
Well his Coleman wagon doesn't take off, so he switches to Fleck in an attempt to protect Tito his scum buddy. He dislikes Fleck's town no other reason. Notice Silver his main defender was killed this same night after the push on Fleck failed and a mafia member was lynched instead?

quote="Bill Dixon"]Thas' a downrigh' pain in my chest I'm feelin' right now. Rest in peace, lovely Miss Holiday. Señor Puente, shame on you.

Mister Guaraldi, you be makin' some interestin' accusations n'all. Not sure what t'make of all that, as I'm feelin' mostly alright 'bout both Miss Hiromi and Brother Miles. Frankly I weren't too sure 'bout Señor Puente's guilt either, an' frankly I'm thinkin' we got mighty lucky 'bout knockin' another baddie off the drum stool. If Miss Hiromi's good 'n all, which, I ain't no math studies kinda cat, but statistically speakin' I'm thinkin' she is, this coulda gone quite a diff'rent way.

If I can briefly address the concerns about Mr. Buble, I was lettin' my personal feelin's get inna way. I said I wanted t'vote for him 'cuz I didn't like the fella nor his music, plain n' simple. I just felt it was jumpin' the gun to vote for 'im for that reason alone when I didn't have no evidence on his character either way. I ended up votin' for Brother Mingus 'cuz I felt he was rubbin' some folks the wrong way, tryin' a be a provocateur for no good reason.

If I can address somethin' relevant to your point, however, I ain't feelin' too great 'bout Brother Coleman. He flippin' his vote every which way the last part of yesterday, an' he end up votin' on Señor Puente. If I ain't mistaken, he's the reason Señor was kicked out versus Mr. Fleck-tone. I seen him pullin' for a no-vote on Day 1 when he see Mr. Buble was on he way out. I pointed out some inconsistencies in his playin' yesterday, an' my thought is that he tryna distance his self on the first day when he see the godfather knockin' on death's door, an' once he see Señor on his way out too, he thinkin' he put his vote there to get some good boy points wit the band.

I'm thinkin' Brother Coleman was doin' some serious bussin' on his teammate yesterday, 'specially knowin' he could get away with it when his teammate ain' even there to defend himself. I weren't feelin' too great about him earlier, now I ain't feelin' good at all.[/quote]

His only post for day 3 then he just goes AWOL, votes for Coleman since he was bussing his teammate, yet doesn't address his day 1 no lynch which was also suspicious. This is very weak reasoning.

I'm tempted to say we have four mafia members, Hirome and Dixon being the last two. Either way a Dixon lynch is the way to go tomorrow. Two times he avoided and was agaisnt the mafia wagon. He day 2 switched from Colman (the cop) to lynch Blek in an attempt to save his teammate.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

@Hosts How many mafia members are there?
Golden
Marmot
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutellaphant »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:This is one instance where knowing the player behind the sock would have changed my mind completely, quite a shame. I still don't see any actual reasons for suspecting Hiromi yet and I will fight a lynch against her tomorrow.
Let's see, terrible votes, inacitve, night kill.

There's more then enough reasons to do so, you have been wrong on everyone how about you listen for a change?
I have twice had to vote to save myself.

I left for a while because I didn't want to offend anyone.

I don't understand why the nightkill choice makes me the killer. Can you explain that one to me?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bela, how did you know that Vomps was the cop?

I apologize for not realizing it, but I will have you know that I was trying to protect the cop.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

I've changed my mind about Bela for the time being. I think the last mafia is in this group.
  • Charles Mingus
    Miles Davis
    Bill Dixon
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Towny McTownface »

Hey cats, sorry I pulled a drive-by vote but I'm glad it went through. I was having horrible connection issues in my travels. I finally got signal and tried to write a post and lost signal. Next time I got signal, I just voted.

RIP Coleman. Unsocked, the behavior makes a lot more sense. Shame to lose the cop. I will also check back to see if he made any hard confirmations or seemed to suggest anything.

As to the question about how many baddies there are, Heist rules mandate 10 civvies and 3 baddies, so we're looking for a solo killer so long as this game follows the guidelines. It was made pretty clear after the last game that that is the setup for these types of games.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:Hey cats, sorry I pulled a drive-by vote but I'm glad it went through. I was having horrible connection issues in my travels. I finally got signal and tried to write a post and lost signal. Next time I got signal, I just voted.

RIP Coleman. Unsocked, the behavior makes a lot more sense. Shame to lose the cop. I will also check back to see if he made any hard confirmations or seemed to suggest anything.

As to the question about how many baddies there are, Heist rules mandate 10 civvies and 3 baddies, so we're looking for a solo killer so long as this game follows the guidelines. It was made pretty clear after the last game that that is the setup for these types of games.
What if there are crazy mechanics in this game like the last Heist? :omg:
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 49

Re: [Day / Take 3] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by Fuskdall »

Miles Davis wrote:Miles Davis
Vince Guaraldi
Charles Mingus

John Coltrane
Chris Potter

Hiromi Uehara
Bill Dixon
Ornette Coleman
Béla Fleck

That's my rainbow list as it stands right now.
Sorry about that, Ornette! I was wrong to suspect you for your weird behaviour. Since my Fleck suspicion is just fake, I am down with lynching Dixon or Hiromi. I'm not sure what logic is being used to say that the nightkill choices point to Hiromi, but that could be jus' because I am not really very good at Mafia detective work. :haha: I recognize the Dixon case as a lot of what I have said before, so that's easy to agree with.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

I shall ISO Hiromi, Mingus and Dixon tomorrow afternoon.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

His weird behavior is why is we so town. He lacked an awareness and his play screamed cop seeing how nobody else was playing like kne
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Hiromi Uehara wrote:Bela, how did you know that Vomps was the cop?

I apologize for not realizing it, but I will have you know that I was trying to protect the cop.
Poe is a very powerful tool. Not only that his continued "Mingus is confirmed civ" is quite telling in itslef.

There's a lot more to how I can figure people's roles out but if you want the full run down I can do that when I am home
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Re reading the game it's between Dixon and Davis right now I'm mobile still but I can make it more later if I can
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

I have only breifly skinmed
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Bela Fleck wrote:Re reading the game it's between Dixon and Davis right now I'm mobile still but I can make it more later if I can
Not Hiromi any more?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Miles Davis wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:Re reading the game it's between Dixon and Davis right now I'm mobile still but I can make it more later if I can
Not Hiromi any more?
Well it's dependent on if the post restriction was due to or play or not
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bela Fleck wrote:

Poe is a very powerful tool. Not only that his continued "Mingus is confirmed civ" is quite telling in itslef.

There's a lot more to how I can figure people's roles out but if you want the full run down I can do that when I am home
What is Poe?

I was saying the exact same things as Coleman. What I want to know is how you came to the conclusion that he was the cop, yet suspected me at the same time?
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Miles Davis wrote:
Not Hiromi any more?
Oh yeah, you mentioned you had a posting restriction. I was wondering how that happened?
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Miles Davis wrote:
Not Hiromi any more?
I didn't have a posting restriction ever. I just chose not to post.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

John Coltrane wrote:@Hosts How many mafia members are there?
Due to the closed setup, I will make no official statement regarding this.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Ricochet wrote:
John Coltrane wrote:@Hosts How many mafia members are there?
Due to the closed setup, I will make no official statement regarding this.
An unofficial one will do.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I cannot officially make unofficial statements.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Echo »

:beer:
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Hiromi Uehara wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

What is Poe?

I was saying the exact same things as Coleman. What I want to know is how you came to the conclusion that he was the cop, yet suspected me at the same time?
poe =process of elimination, as i have ALREADY SAID

anyways, its near impossible for me to expalin cus it litarly makes little to no sense, but ill try anyway. its better explained hands on by example in a hydra is that a thing on here btw?

but with the flip of a gf its says "hi theres a cop" so the next thign that comes up is to see how players are acting, know it or not, when people play pr vs civ, they tend to have a sense of "awareness" not a scum awareness of a scum team but jsut seems to react diffrently then how a civ does

not only that but i have been playing for 4 years so i have picked up on quite a few tells that come from civ vs non-civ players
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

i think the best way to kinda summarize it is that all people no matter what have a subconscious way of playing when pr vs non-power role. and that it applies to not jsut one player. i have seen it over so many players that it has been accuratly applies over many game and have work out favoribly many times as town.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

One thing that would really help is if you stop using acronyms for every other word here, Fleck. And that goes for when you're ika here as well. 90% or more of the players here will not know any of the acronyms and references (like "hydra", no I do not know what that means) that I assume mafiascum players take for granted. Many of the players here have probably never even played a closed setup game with a godfather, a cop, a doctor, and no other power roles.

Here on The Syndicate, almost all of our games are non-standard, with creative roles and experimental factors. The assumptions you made about this game are not assumptions anyone else is likely to make, because this style of game is pretty outside the norm in its standard-ness.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

I'd also ask Fleck to try and not post thrice in a row. It's quite detrimental to those trying to actually read the whole thread and those who isolate your posts.
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

What's wrong with posting thrice in a row? I never understand the deal with that.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

EBWOP: understood
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

I do that all the time :shrug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Hiromi Uehara wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

What is Poe?

poe =process of elimination, as i have ALREADY SAID

anyways, its near impossible for me to expalin cus it litarly makes little to no sense, but ill try anyway. its better explained hands on by example in a hydra is that a thing on here btw?

but with the flip of a gf its says "hi theres a cop" so the next thign that comes up is to see how players are acting, know it or not, when people play pr vs civ, they tend to have a sense of "awareness" not a scum awareness of a scum team but jsut seems to react diffrently then how a civ does

not only that but i have been playing for 4 years so i have picked up on quite a few tells that come from civ vs non-civ players
If hydra is the term used for these ghost accounts, we usually call them socks or sockpuppets, but I think that's the word you are looking for.

@ the other folks, let's not criticize Bela for using acronyms that we don't know. He can't automatically know all of our terminology just from playing a game or two here. We can be a little more patient and ask what they mean, and share our own variation if possible. The beauty of having players from other mafia cultures come play here is they bring a new spice to our lives. They should not automatically have to play and act exactly as we do.

I mean, he used the acronym "PR" (which I believe is power role), and posted 3 times in a row. It's not like he told someone to eat a dick or something.
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Mwuahahahahahahaha, I just posted 3 times in a row!!! :feb:

If you don't count nonplayer posts that is. :smile:
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Chris Potter wrote:I'd also ask Fleck to try and not post thrice in a row. It's quite detrimental to those trying to actually read the whole thread and those who isolate your posts.
On the flip side, sometimes it is nice to avoid a huge wall of text single post by splitting it up into logical sections in different posts.
Hiromi Uehara wrote:@ the other folks, let's not criticize Bela for using acronyms that we don't know. He can't automatically know all of our terminology just from playing a game or two here. We can be a little more patient and ask what they mean, and share our own variation if possible. The beauty of having players from other mafia cultures come play here is they bring a new spice to our lives. They should not automatically have to play and act exactly as we do.

I mean, he used the acronym "PR" (which I believe is power role), and posted 3 times in a row. It's not like he told someone to eat a dick or something.
Eat a dick, Hiromi! jk ;)

I didn't feel like I was being critical or harsh at all. I was friendly and helpful... wasn't I? :confused:
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account

Post by nutellaphant »

Miles Davis wrote: Eat a dick, Hiromi! jk ;)
We don't have a smiley for that, probably for the greater good. :beer:
Miles Davis wrote:I didn't feel like I was being critical or harsh at all. I was friendly and helpful... wasn't I? :confused:
I don't know if you were, I just felt the need to mediate if it came off that way. But based on what I've said earlier in this game, I'm probably the last person who should be telling folks not to be mean to Bela. :sigh:
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Miles Davis wrote:
Chris Potter wrote:I'd also ask Fleck to try and not post thrice in a row. It's quite detrimental to those trying to actually read the whole thread and those who isolate your posts.
On the flip side, sometimes it is nice to avoid a huge wall of text single post by splitting it up into logical sections in different posts.
It is nice, but not when each post is a one liner.

Return to “Previous Heists”