Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia [AD INFINITUM / Endgame]

Moderator: Community Team

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 82

Re: [Take / Day 1] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

One post in D (for Death) minor comin' right up.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Echo »

Fats Navarro wrote: No Lynch Voters
Coleman - Why are you voting the one thing to help the bad guys?
If you would stoop to participating in a lynch just to avoid helping the bad guys, you are no better than them.
Ricochet

Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet

[Rest / Night 1] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Now that the Host dropped the bomb on what this shindy is all turning out to be, the musicians started behaving differently and treating things more seriously. The too-cool-for-school and too-bop-to-flop trumpeters were in fact the first to complain about the disharmony between players.

'Y'know, I ain't feeling like Trane here is on the same lane with us, know what I mean', Fats brought it up. 'Opening bars here feel like you should play them as if to speak out and make it clear who you really are, but it's like he's trying to mute this jazz altogether, man.'
'Man, that is low of you', Coltrane merely bothered to retort. 'You sure it ain't you who's sucking up the vibe here and noodling in search of a theme or somethin'?'

But Miles was even more vocal. 'Tell you what, I sure as hell know what I'm steamin' here and Fats over to my left ear sounds solid to me, too, but I ain't so sure of old Dixon, he seems lost in his thoughts and intent to displease this punk ass berserk conductor by not playing to his precise hand flick. Old ain't always gold, Bill.'
'Jazz ain't free till you let it flow, man. Like breathin' sounds coming right from the inner deep', mused Dixon in reply, not even glancing at Miles from his chair.
'No doubt bout it, but you can't be draggin it either', countered Miles. 'And don't play me off like that, as if I should have no say in this. It takes three to play these chords and it's gonna get personal if you'll tell me how free I should be spittin' them.'
'I hear ya, ol' bandleader', snapped Dixon, 'but all I'm sayin' is that I feel a new direction's been given to us and you ain't taking to it the way you should and now you moan bout it kind of out of the blue just cuz you ain't feeling it or somethin'.'

Before Miles' neck veins would reach the point of popping, Hiromi felt like saying she likes the old man. Guaraldi, though, opposite her, was less sympathetic 'If anything, I rather felt Dixon was playing too close to the score not to clam it, as if trying to please our top chief with iron fists for a baton here. Not sure I dig it.'

'Hey guys, just listen to this: ...' Ornette interfered, only to freeze his sentence in the air for another ten seconds, then go '...Chappaqua!!' and blast a D♭ in the high register.
'The hell, you're not even playing any note inside the required staff', ika complained, before realizing his mask fell off and panicking. 'D'oh.'
'Oh darling, you can't go slipping like that...You look more like a wolf to me.' said Billie Holiday.

'So you know what', Béla Fleck cut the narrative, 'I might have just noticed Bublé snickering there in the back, while we're trying our best here, and I'm not satisfied with it. I mean, come on, I'm trying to play banjo in a bloody big band here. I say we just ask him to leave and get it together.'
'Hey, what's that for?' lamented Bublé. 'I haven't even gotten to sing anything yet.'
'Oh, trust me, sugar', giggled Holiday, 'when we'll sing something, it's going to be all me. You don't interest me much, either.'
'Nothing against you, man', added Potter, 'but yeah, it'd be like listening to cheese being grilled.'
'I don't condone it either', grunted Mingus. 'Play it like the masters or don't bother at all. Play it like Mingus.'
'What do I have to dwwoooo
In these lonely howohhhurs
And moments of despuhaaair
To be loved
To be lowwuoooved
', Bublé started crooning.
'Well, there's your answer, man', concluded Coltrane.

And so the group banished Bublé from the session and found therein a reason to feel slightly better about themselves. Especially when the lachyrmose Bublé tripped on the mic wires and broke his neck, tumbling down from the stage.

'Well, that was some spectacle', Fletcher simply brushed it off. 'You ladies ready to play for real now?' They resumed Whiplash from the top. 'Nope. Still needs some work.'

===

29.V.2009

Big hits are never really my thing, which can sort of apply to E.S.T.'s occasional output of singles or standalone pieces as well, merely because it's not that much of a noteworthy subject, compared to getting a sense of their album journey as a whole. There's no denying however that with a piece such as Dodge the Dodo, off their 1999 From Gagarin's Point of View, they've hit the right spot for their visibility and acknowledgment to go way up. Buzz, radio hits, endless encore value, but most importantly the first feeling that this band is sending a shockwave of its own. And that their music is suddenly blossoming into a more appealing and energetic language. I think even the title track that follows Dodo contributes to that - the band may have made a video single to it, if I remember correctly. These two pieces are in fact in a sort of connected stream and their contrast highlights the range the band has: Dodo's dazzling, dastardly hymnic ostinato, switching to the vaporous, gentle ballad waves of the latter. And for a trademark piece, Dodge the Dodo is still intelligently composed as to not veer into pure schlager. Even as the high point off the album that it might (in theory) be, it keeps its jouncing, slightly electric rhythm steady, it still follows the tropes of different moods of improvisation and it doesn't go overboard or over-excited.

Michael Bublé has been kicked out of the band. His real name was Scotty.

His role song was 'Dodge the Dodo' off From Gagarin's Point of View and he was the mafia godfather.

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to send me your PMs.

The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by The Dry Flood »

What have you contributed before this post?

You tried to get us to sock hunt which I said we shouldn't do and apparently that was "shutting down discussion" . Then you kept pursuing me.

linki: YAYYYYYY :D
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [Rest / Night 1] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by The Dry Flood »

I think the last voter on me is mafia, there is also a chance the other runner up, Bill is mafia as well. I think all four people on Michael/Scotty wagon are civs.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

First glance looks like Bill isn't on his team. Bela Fleck he might be.
Golden
Marmot
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Think I made all the necessary updates on the front page. Oh my heck, this is helluva work. :faint:
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ned Flanders »

Amen.
Last edited by Ricochet on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Should stay in his cell.
Assault
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DrWilgy »

EST Mafia, Revenge of the Socks
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Folsom Prison Concert Tribute Re-Enactment on the second floor, k thx
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: he, him

Post by 1337 »

Yay!! :D

Now to look at who is on the counter train.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Let'S take a look at Navarro, HIromi, and Tito for a possible partner to Michael Buble. Bela Fleck is civ. I'm gonna go with those on Buble now as civs. Could look at Guaraldi and Davis as well.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

What relationships to Buble do I have that put me on that list of yours?
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Principal Skinner »

Th' Mafia Godfatha hisself gets taken out on Day 1? Hoo-wee, I seen me many a bad session turn out somethin' lovely but nothin' ever quite so spec-TACulah.

Now, the lovely Miss Holiday (and beg pardon, miss, but you do look jus' gorgeous tonigh') brings up a point Ah'd like to consider. We cut the head offa the snake pretty quickly heah but I'm thinkin' : what if these bad cats saw they boss man wann't long fo' this world and threw him unna the bus, so t' speak, to try'n get off scott free?

Bear with me, heah. I ain't so down with the lingo these kids is speakin' these days. Music the only language I speak, man. But I think I heard some fella callin' it, pardon my lack of creativity heah, these sessions do tend to wear an ol' man out, "bussin'", am I wrong?

I'mma think the first two people who voted to kick out Mr. Buble ah likely t' be playin' the straight n' narrow of it all. I'ma bit more worried here bout the fellas on the end.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Well, I'm the third vote on Buble and my vote put him in the lead. So that doesn't makes sense as a bus when I could of easily joined the cw instead.

I still have to ISO all the people I mentioned and I'll add the vote after me into it.
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 1337 »

Fats Navarro wrote:What relationships to Buble do I have that put me on that list of yours?
You being the first vote on the cw, makes you the least likely to be his partner. I will do an ISO. I don't think any of these will take long since this game is short so far. Not sure how much time I'll have tonight though.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 195

Post by November »

Also I was the first vote that started on the lynch. After he made his post i could of easily moved my vote off but I did not. If people are aruging that me and Billy are sucm you have to argue that we decided to go "lol bussing" on what is porbally the only scum power role.

It wouldnt matter if we bussed or not, scums could still be POED out by cop clears and NKs not hitting cop checks.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Maid »

See? I told you that cat was out of tune. We don't need no tone clusters here unless we're paying Sanders a tribute. And I'm not talking about the guy from Vermont.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by ika »

Chris Potter wrote:See? I told you that cat was out of tune. We don't need no tone clusters here unless we're paying Sanders a tribute. And I'm not talking about the guy from Vermont.
Wut?
Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Maid »

Haven't you heard of a man called Pharoah Sanders, boy?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Chris Potter wrote:Haven't you heard of a man called Pharoah Sanders, boy?
No?
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

No way would the mafia buss onto their godfather, he is the one player who can't be red checked nah would never happen. The Trane was the cw to the godfather. I'd swear on my Pulitzer Prize that none of the people pushing Michael are mafia. And at least one mafia member voted for me, Fatty is my guess.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

John Coltrane.
Bela Fleck
Chris Potter
Billie Holiday
Charles Mingus

Ornette Coleman -
Bill Dixon

Miles Davis
Vince Guaraldi

Hiromi Uehara[/color
Fats Navarro
Tito Puente
Golden
Marmot
nutellaphant
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 44
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutellaphant »

Charles Mingus wrote:
Hiromi Uehara wrote:Bill Dixon is confirmed civ. :)
The fuck is this?
Thats a personal question k
Ben Wyatt
Human Disaster
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

John Coltrane wrote:John Coltrane.
Bela Fleck
Chris Potter
Billie Holiday
Charles Mingus

Ornette Coleman -
Bill Dixon

Miles Davis
Vince Guaraldi

Hiromi Uehara[/color
Fats Navarro
Tito Puente

What you got against my tune?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Fats Navarro wrote: What you got against my tune?
Lets see.....

Your voting the CW to start with...

I am about to sleep but I can ISO tomorrow after work.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Fuskdall »

That's some seriously harmonious results right there! Great job, Buble voters.

My first thought was that Fleck would be crazy enough to do some mega-distancing with the early vote for Buble... but that don't really seem like a popular idea, Coltrane's runnin' hot on the notion that no one would bus the Godfather... but if I had to pick one that is, it would be Fleck. Just one man's opinion.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Miles Davis wrote:That's some seriously harmonious results right there! Great job, Buble voters.

My first thought was that Fleck would be crazy enough to do some mega-distancing with the early vote for Buble... but that don't really seem like a popular idea, Coltrane's runnin' hot on the notion that no one would bus the Godfather... but if I had to pick one that is, it would be Fleck. Just one man's opinion.
And why is it only me and nobody else?
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Miles Davis wrote:That's some seriously harmonious results right there! Great job, Buble voters.

Because you voted first. Back when it wasn't apparent that he was goin' down. That's how I would expect a distancing bus vote to happen.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Miles Davis wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

Because you voted first. Back when it wasn't apparent that he was goin' down. That's how I would expect a distancing bus vote to happen.
Why the hell would I distance him? It would of been so much easier to just move my vote after he posted.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Miles Davis wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

Why the hell would I distance him? It would of been so much easier to just move my vote after he posted.
:stare: You are aware of the normally desired benefits that result from successful distancing from a scum teammate, aren't you? :confused:
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Lets see.....

Well how about you play your guitar to someone else. I was the second player to vote, I explained my reason, explored it thoroughly and stuck with it.

Lookin back at the votes I analyzed yesterday, Potter is probably the civvist person here right now, followed by Fleck, Mingus, then Holiday.
Uehara - Using poor grammar, Uehara stated that she thought my line of thought was insightful or something.
Puente - Agrees with me... I think he called me fat while doing so though.
Both these players stacked their votes and tied it up one after another... I'm going to have trouble believing that both are good.

Those that voted for Davis still seem bad to me. Guaraldi more than Davis.

I don't think there was any bus play going on.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Fats Navarro wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Lets see.....

Well how about you play your guitar to someone else. I was the second player to vote, I explained my reason, explored it thoroughly and stuck with it.

Lookin back at the votes I analyzed yesterday, Potter is probably the civvist person here right now, followed by Fleck, Mingus, then Holiday.
You asked for what someone has against you. I answered it for you.Now you come back with "im the first voter" crap? Bullshit, it doesn't matter if your the first voter or the last the key point is that you were on it. How come you dislike me calling you out when you litarly asked about that? And let use your logic for a second, you aregued your first voter so you should be not suspected for it. By the logic you presented about your defense shouldn't i be the most town since i was first voter and that he voted me out of pure survival tactics?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Miles Davis wrote: :stare: You are aware of the normally desired benefits that result from successful distancing from a scum teammate, aren't you? :confused:
and are you aware how the entire play went out? Are you aware that in a 3pr game that scums will prob fight a little more to keep a GODFATHER alive and not go "lol bus"

Tell me how its better play to bus a GF on day 1 and hope for town cred than jsut vote elsewhere based on how the dicussion went
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Miles Davis wrote: :stare: You are aware of the normally desired benefits that result from successful distancing from a scum teammate, aren't you? :confused:
and are you aware how the entire play went out? Are you aware that in a 3pr game that scums will prob fight a little more to keep a GODFATHER alive and not go "lol bus"

Tell me how its better play to bus a GF on day 1 and hope for town cred than jsut vote elsewhere based on how the dicussion went
Like it or not, Miles has a point. Don't deny it.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

I would totally bus Buble. I didn't, but I totally would, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Charles Mingus wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

Like it or not, Miles has a point. Don't deny it.
Not really? Like i said, bussing a GF on day 1, which means cop exist, is suicide play. My point about me easily being able to change my vote after his post still stands.

Like if your so adamant to say his point is superior to mine, explain my grand plan outside of the idea of town cred
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Charles Mingus wrote:I would totally bus Buble. I didn't, but I totally would, and I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
Because?
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Towny McTownface »

I'm picking up some strange vibes as I look back through the thread. I'm going to look at you all in ISO before I finalize a few thoughts for the night.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Fleck, you are talkin' all kinds of mumbo-jumbo here now. Not too impressed with your lack of grace under pressure.
Bela Fleck wrote:Like if your so adamant to say his point is superior to mine, explain my grand plan outside of the idea of town cred
First, he said I have a point. He didn't make any judgment calls on whether or not it was superior, you added that in. You tried to change the conversation.

Second, it makes no sense to ask to explain the idea of bussing "outside of town cred". Bussing is about getting town cred. Period. Again, you're trying to change the conversation.
Bela Fleck wrote:

I assume that by "3pr game" you meant "13 player game"? :shrug:

I didn't SAY you are the kind of player who make smart choices, I have no solid opinion on that front. Maybe you are a balls-out risk-taker.

The FACT is that you have been listed as the towniest town that ever towned on several lists already.

Let that sink in for a second, and consider whether or not you really need to ask me how it would be a good play.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Coleman never really took a stand and only had one concrete thought Day 1. Not many posts there.

Coltrane was justified in moving past sock-hunting. It's not a fruitful exercise here because we don't know who all is playing. Now he did flip-flop in only a fee measures on Bela. First he said none of the Buble votes looked bad but then said Fleck could be. Strange but not terrible. I disagree on his bussing comments. In a game this small, bussing a teammate on Day 1 could provide crucial cover and put you on the trail to victory.

Davis was largely absent Day 1 with just a few riffs here and there. Nothing very above the radar at all. He could have hidden behind my vote but it would look worse to blindly glom on. He's been laying down some wisdom tonight though. As long as he's not trying to build a Day 2 train on Fleck, I'm cool with him for now.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:Coleman never really took a stand and only had one concrete thought Day 1. Not many posts there.

Coltrane was justified in moving past sock-hunting. It's not a fruitful exercise here because we don't know who all is playing. Now he did flip-flop in only a fee measures on Bela. First he said none of the Buble votes looked bad but then said Fleck could be. Strange but not terrible. I disagree on his bussing comments. In a game this small, bussing a teammate on Day 1 could provide crucial cover and put you on the trail to victory.

Davis was largely absent Day 1 with just a few riffs here and there. Nothing very above the radar at all. He could have hidden behind my vote but it would look worse to blindly glom on. He's been laying down some wisdom tonight though. As long as he's not trying to build a Day 2 train on Fleck, I'm cool with him for now.
Too true, I wasn't around much Day 1. Ain't no thang though, just busy.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Fats Navarro wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Lets see.....

You asked for what someone has against you. I answered it for you.Now you come back with "im the first voter" crap? Bullshit, it doesn't matter if your the first voter or the last the key point is that you were on it. How come you dislike me calling you out when you litarly asked about that? And let use your logic for a second, you aregued your first voter so you should be not suspected for it. By the logic you presented about your defense shouldn't i be the most town since i was first voter and that he voted me out of pure survival tactics?
What? How does it not matter? You gotta look at the progression of votes just as much as the placement of votes.

Dislike your thoughts? When did I say I disliked your thoughts? I disagree with you, but I needed to know where the disagreement rooted from.

Also, you misinterpret me. That order was based simply on my vote reason check. I think all 4 of you are civ.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Dixon's got my bushy white man eyebrow raised a little here. Not for the jazz hands thing but for a slight flip flop on Buble. First he tells Coleman he'd like to vote for Buble but then he comes back around to say Buble's responses felt genuine. Others didn't feel the same way. Then after Buble is revealed to be jive turkey supreme, Dixon comes in suggesting we look for a bus in Buble's voters but suggests the last two votes. Seems like he can't make up his mind but he likes trying to nudge with with soft notes.

Fleck doesn't give much to dance to during Day 1 but my oh my is he putting up a unique solo effort tonight. He's mixed it up with a few people across my still-developing color spectrum. The bussing tussle between Fleck and Navarro/Davis/Mingus shows he stands for something, which is honorable even if I feel he may be misguided on part of it. He's knows what he is about and isn't interested in switching up his plan to please the crowd. Challenging the audience is what jazz is all about. He's a tough one to crack.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Holiday didn't buy what Buble was playing. She seems legit to me. I'll circle back around on her suspicions after I finish my ISO's.

Mingus put the nail in Buble's coffin. Seems square to me but I need to see more from him to see if he's just playing a fine tune or actually feeling a fine tune.

Navarro plays his tune like someone with experience and the edge that comes with thinking you know more than you probably do. It's a personality thing that can seem bad but I read it as just a pushy guy trying to make something happen. We may not see eye to eye but he ain't all bad. If anything he's probably the one most likely to redeem himself in our eyes and come up clutch for us here soon.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I agree with Fleck here, it makes zero sense to bus the gd day 1 when they could've easily voted for another wagon. Assuming there are only 3 mafia members, they are down to two. The cop can red check both the living players. The mafia has just lost their most important player.

I also think we should look into the player who didn't vote, could be mafia there.
Golden
Marmot
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Potter's vote for Buble is sketchy because it's not based on substance. Feed us some more notes, my friend. I need to hear you to understand you.

Puente ain't trying hard enough yet and just glommed onto the Col-train in agreement with others. Jazz is original. So far Puente is not.

Uehara has little of substance. There's no room for filler in jazz. She seemed to just follow Navarro's lead on the Col-train.
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Fuskdall »

John Coltrane wrote:I agree with Fleck here, it makes zero sense to bus the gd day 1 when they could've easily voted for another wagon. Assuming there are only 3 mafia members, they are down to two. The cop can red check both the living players. The mafia has just lost their most important player.

I also think we should look into the player who didn't vote, could be mafia there.
Lots of assumptions here, Trane. You have some sheet music the rest of us aren't aware of?
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Hmm... Buble didn't even try to save himself by voting Coltrane, Coltrane didnt secure his safty by voting Buble.

Teammate interaction?

Return to “Previous Heists”