55%

Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fleabag Mafia d1

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:44 pm I think in something like 100% of my town games I'm entering with mech talk and I dunno how frequently I do that in a wolf game
Why is this a thing TownyStarkPrime does all the time without variation?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Sorry I'm late to the SOD party. Forgot it was happening. Brought cases of Labatt Blue on the drive in case we were running out.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:48 pm Image

Sorry I'm late to the SOD party. Forgot it was happening. Brought cases of Labatt Blue on the drive in case we were running out.
But you are lime coke.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

We're considering Sloonei to be obvious town, right? Despite both breaking Pranay Rule and SPF's attempt at calling a shot his entrance post was incredibly smooth.

If this is true I am looking forward to working with this man.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:51 pm We're considering Sloonei to be obvious town, right? Despite both breaking Pranay Rule and SPF's attempt at calling a shot his entrance post was incredibly smooth.

While I don’t think I should ever be read as obvious anything on page 1 of a game, I appreciate the vote of confidence.

What’s Pranay Rule?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

here's some rationale for a tony town read. i see a few plausible motivations for opening a game with immediate mechanics stuff:

a) looked at setup pre-game and had a thought and/or looked at it upon entering the thread and wondered in general terms about claim dynamics and power role cover (alignment-neutral)

b) perceives one's own "town meta" to be dumping mechanics into the game (~mafia)

c) thinks encouraging mechanical stuff e.g. claims will help mafia isolate power role threat (mafia)

d) believes that the specific meta suggestion he provided would be to the benefit of the town faction (~town)

a) probably just flat happened. b) and c) are "plausible", but i don't view tony as the sort of player that thinks it's necessary to just dive straight into a game thread and fit his meta and/or out the power roles. he can just play the game in some ordinary manner and develop those kinds of strategies more coherently without the urgency of doing it immediately. d) seems more likely to me than b) or c). so town. a little bit. sorta. a wee tad.

caveat: this is a more developed explanation than i would like to give for tiny page one reads, and that's why i color tony light green.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:53 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:51 pm We're considering Sloonei to be obvious town, right? Despite both breaking Pranay Rule and SPF's attempt at calling a shot his entrance post was incredibly smooth.

While I don’t think I should ever be read as obvious anything on page 1 of a game, I appreciate the vote of confidence.

What’s Pranay Rule?
Sir, I approach this game with a murderer's mindset. You say I shouldn't be doing something, I will do it to spite you. If I have to make you believe that you're town, I'll do it in a way that it's lodged so far into your head that actual thought bubbles will appear from your head.

Pranay Rule - Only mafia start games out with a quote.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 pm , and that's why i color tony light green.
Do it in granny smith apple or I'm tunneling you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

why not lime
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:05 am why not lime

Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Son of Anarch »

Okay, but how do people feel about my fruit vendor idea since we're all on the same page anyhow?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have no objection to the fruit vendor claiming. I leave that to their/my discretion. Let’s allow the day to happen a little bit first though. Give it a solid 24 or so.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Also 'sup Lime Coke. I've got a few thoughts floatin' around inside my noggin, but I'm gonna plead the fifth right now until things develop further. One thing I will say though is that it's interesting that two people have Sloonei as town so early.

Actually, now that I'm typin' I'm thinkin' that with meta n' stuff it makes sense, but it's kind of an interestin' read for Lime Coke to make. I think Jimmy gets credit for havin' the original read. Lime Coke, you're not a read thief now are ya?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 93
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

do you have any reason to think sloonei is obvious town beyond his entrance being "smooth'"? what do you think about his other posts?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:08 am Okay, but how do people feel about my fruit vendor idea since we're all on the same page anyhow?
It's...a decent idea. I think I'll let the smarter players decide on it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:01 am

What’s Pranay Rule?
Sir, I approach this game with a murderer's mindset. You say I shouldn't be doing something, I will do it to spite you. If I have to make you believe that you're town, I'll do it in a way that it's lodged so far into your head that actual thought bubbles will appear from your head.

I am absolutely town, but this ain’t exactly my first rodeo either, is all I’m saying. I’m capable of faking things.

Pranay’s Rule is false.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei, this is your first rodeo. Who the hell are you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:12 am

do you have any reason to think sloonei is obvious town beyond his entrance being "smooth'"? what do you think about his other posts?
His questioning of Son of Anarch was fine. He didn't have bad intentions, he looked like wasn't trying to make SoA nervous.

His response to me calling him obvious town was a big positive as well. He didn't sus me, he didn't just accept it, he just told me to be careful.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:17 am

His questioning of Son of Anarch was fine. He didn't have bad intentions, he looked like wasn't trying to make SoA nervous.

His response to me calling him obvious town was a big positive as well. He didn't sus me, he didn't just accept it, he just told me to be careful.
if i had to nitpick, it concerns me that part of your reasoning for considering sloonei obvious town is something that happened after you called sloonei obvious town. but okay, thanks for explaining, carry on :P
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:01 am

What’s Pranay Rule?

I am absolutely town, but this ain’t exactly my first rodeo either, is all I’m saying. I’m capable of faking things.

Pranay’s Rule is false.
I'm not a stranger of things being faked....

I'm gonna stop right there. 😑
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:18 am
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:17 am

if i had to nitpick, it concerns me that part of your reasoning for considering sloonei obvious town is something that happened after you called sloonei obvious town. but okay, thanks for explaining, carry on :P
It was the whipped cream that was added to the sundae.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I find it interesting that Tony’s initial posture toward my suggestion that he is mafia was agreement, because I totally made it up. I have no particular impression of how TonyStarkPrime enters into games as one faction versus the other.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 311
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:07 pm i'm glad you understand the code. also unironic town read on spf
why is that?
i read it in your aura

your joke about deducing the team based on my nothing post illustrates at least the tiniest kernel of an inclination by your brain to assess my post for meaning (before inevitably determining it means only enough to justify a joke). jaggedjimmyjay made a post that says "sure town" and this is where i begin my fleabag mafia experience, except i guess maybe not since it's nothing but oh well i can still be silly with it.
I’ve gotten this far and i already think jjj and spf are town
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Oooof jjj/spf/ilario town team sounds pretty hype
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Tsp is probs mafia though
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:15 pm tony is probably town too. of course town tony cares about watcher claim mechanics
Nahhhh, he’s more solvey as mafia he wouldn’t care about shit like that as town
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Son of Anarch wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:07 pm Oh and by the way, I was kinda thinkin' about this earlier.

Isn't it better for the fruit vendor to claim right away? Basically an IC, yeah? Could have me (the watcher) go on 'em too. I know it's delayed mechanics and all, but still useful as long as I'm not killed.

And for everyone's efforts on this page, I'm gonna slap a small townread on all of you good folk right away. I'm warning ya though, my mind changes easily, but gettin' good vibes from this crowd. I like Jimmy's idea too, about Stayposi being naturally on guard about his early buddy-buddy with her. He seems like a good player, so I think her being naturally curious about all of that is pretty nice as far as ground zero reads go.

Hard town
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 pm I contend that TonyStarkPrime singularly is more likely to enter the game with setup discussion as mafia than as town.

True or false or none of the above?
agreed

sloonei town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 am Sloonei, this is your first rodeo. Who the hell are you?
just some wayfarin' cowfolk tryna lasso a few evildoers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

cowfolk is my favorite genre of music

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i was gonna do a lazy ms paint of paprika with a cowboy hat on but that's too much work for a throwaway joke on day 1. maybe if it was day 3.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:14 pm you’re fine. i have no real feelings about you at this point. your posts neither inspire trust nor distrust. at this stage they don’t have to. do yer thang chicken wang
disagreed, his posts are more towny than all your greens, though theyre still towny
staypositivefriend
Hitman

sloonei is most likely a villager
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:31 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 pm I contend that TonyStarkPrime singularly is more likely to enter the game with setup discussion as mafia than as town.

agreed

sloonei town
I await your reception of my latest post before this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Why do you find him obvious town?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I might be slightly a tiny bit perturbed by Son of Anarch saying I look like a good player after I made like three dopey posts.

Otherwise fine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:34 am

Why do you find him obvious town?
Same post you quoted was mostly why I thought he was town.

I looked at the rest of his posts when SPF asked me to. They looked fine as well and I explained it in another post.
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

Man this game ain't spicy enough. You all are being way too careful. So ya know what? I'm gonna toss out a spicy take here and get a temp check:

I think Lime Coke's entrance to the thread was relatively safe in a wolf-y way. Man's dropped a townread on Sloonei after Jimmy already said he thought Sloonei was town and then half his explanation, as that nice lass StayPosi pointed out, was about somethin' to do with what Sloonei did after he made the read.

Oh yeah and as far as TSP goes. Well, I think I might be pickin' up what Sloonei is puttin' down here. Originally I was thinking in my head that TSP agreeing and changing his mind was kinda villagery, but now after Sloonei revealed the meta was fake, I'm almost wonderin' if TSP changed his mind to not try to outright disagree with the meta, but discredit it in a way.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. I'm pretty tired and my eyes are drooping... I'll probably still be stalkin' the thread because I'm doing some raids, but won't bother writing more until the morning.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:12 am Also 'sup Lime Coke. I've got a few thoughts floatin' around inside my noggin, but I'm gonna plead the fifth right now until things develop further. One thing I will say though is that it's interesting that two people have Sloonei as town so early.

Actually, now that I'm typin' I'm thinkin' that with meta n' stuff it makes sense, but it's kind of an interestin' read for Lime Coke to make. I think Jimmy gets credit for havin' the original read. Lime Coke, you're not a read thief now are ya?
I’m willing to bank the entire game on this game being town lmao
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:34 am I might be slightly a tiny bit perturbed by Son of Anarch saying I look like a good player after I made like three dopey posts.

Otherwise fine
I would also be appalled if someone said I was a good player.

The nerve of some people.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:36 am Man this game ain't spicy enough. You all are being way too careful. So ya know what? I'm gonna toss out a spicy take here and get a temp check:

I think Lime Coke's entrance to the thread was relatively safe in a wolf-y way. Man's dropped a townread on Sloonei after Jimmy already said he thought Sloonei was town and then half his explanation, as that nice lass StayPosi pointed out, was about somethin' to do with what Sloonei did after he made the read.

Oh yeah and as far as TSP goes. Well, I think I might be pickin' up what Sloonei is puttin' down here. Originally I was thinking in my head that TSP agreeing and changing his mind was kinda villagery, but now after Sloonei revealed the meta was fake, I'm almost wonderin' if TSP changed his mind to not try to outright disagree with the meta, but discredit it in a way.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. I'm pretty tired and my eyes are drooping... I'll probably still be stalkin' the thread because I'm doing some raids, but won't bother writing more until the morning.
ooooh this is a pretty villagery post, i like that son of anarch is the first player in this game to bring some direct accusatory energy
staypositivefriend
Hitman

illario's alignment is TBA but i like the energy of his opening posts so far
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A bit iffy on Lime Coke.

I was sitting in my car laughing at this thread after that initial exchange where SPF and I traded aura town reads. It was straight vibes and nothing but in here to the extent that I found it humorous, and I thought to myself “if I was mafia entering this goofy ass thread I would have no idea what to say”.

Lime Coke might be that person.

Take with grains of salt. Very vibe.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:34 am I might be slightly a tiny bit perturbed by Son of Anarch saying I look like a good player after I made like three dopey posts.

Otherwise fine
Well, that's because I've spectated and read few a few games on your fine website here. Not enough to get a sense of anyone's meta or gameplay, but enough to know you're kinda the head honcho around here.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:33 am

agreed

sloonei town

Ah that’s a shame, well I tr you for other reasons now such as threadspew and you admitting it was made up.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Son of Anarch wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:36 am Man this game ain't spicy enough. You all are being way too careful. So ya know what? I'm gonna toss out a spicy take here and get a temp check:

100% agree on the lc read, Felt the same way
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ilario wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:33 am

agreed

sloonei town

Ah that’s a shame, well I tr you for other reasons now such as threadspew and you admitting it was made up.
Okay but what about TSP?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38 am A bit iffy on Lime Coke.

I was sitting in my car laughing at this thread after that initial exchange where SPF and I traded aura town reads. It was straight vibes and nothing but in here to the extent that I found it humorous, and I thought to myself “if I was mafia entering this goofy ass thread I would have no idea what to say”.

Lime Coke might be that person.

Take with grains of salt. Very vibe.
This sums up a point I had about Lime Coke in a much more humorous way
Son of Anarch
Stool Pigeon

Post by Son of Anarch »

How do I vote here?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I hereby ban the earnest use of the words "villagery" and "wolfy" as adjectives to describe the actions of players in mafia games on the Syndicate.

President Sloonei, 2021.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”