Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:04 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 am anyone online and wanna discuss anything specific w/me?
i am tired and still not up to speed, sorry.

what's your take on the game state so far? how are we doing? what would you like to see happen over the last ~24 hours of day 1?
1. if you're town, then i want you to townread me in the next 24 hours. i can't snap my fingers and make it happen, but that's my wish. this is partially for selfish reasons and partially because i feel like it'll be good for the threadstate if we can work together. having as many people to bounce my reads off of as possible is really important to me in a game like this

2.the gamestate is fine. i'm concerned about the fact that we've been hearing from the same ~10 voices or so, when this is a 20+ player game. i feel like there are a number of people who have been able to weasel out of explaining their reads by just outright ditching the thread for long periods of times, and that makes productive dialogue a lot more difficult than it would be if we had more centralized communication. i don't really feel like any valuable towncores are forming today and i also don't feel that people who ~are~ universal townreads have any real sense of cohesion - feels like everyone is just kind of blindly stumbling around shouting their own suspicions right now

so uh....maybe the threadstate isn't as good as i thought, lmao, but most of this is probably par for the course for d1 of a game of this size. the best thing that could happen in the next 24 hours is if the players who have been largely silent today came back with strong and well-substantiated thoughts, but i don't think that's going to happen
bounce reads off me. I'm feeling bouncy
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1299
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ChopChop wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:13 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:08 pm Because like he can’t be not town
Why can’t be wolf?
:ponder:

You have some kind of Mech on him or something?
He’s not w/w with LC but he’s protecting LC on the claim that LC is a slightly less evil mafia member. If he were mafia, well I guess maybe it’s like a reverse psychology kinda thing or whatever. But if they’re not on the same team then either Urist is Vault and thinks LC is town but defends him by saying he’s probably mafia or Urist is Enclave and would then probably want to chop LC
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:01 am anyone online and wanna discuss anything specific w/me?

what's your take on the game state so far? how are we doing? what would you like to see happen over the last ~24 hours of day 1?
1. if you're town, then i want you to townread me in the next 24 hours. i can't snap my fingers and make it happen, but that's my wish. this is partially for selfish reasons and partially because i feel like it'll be good for the threadstate if we can work together. having as many people to bounce my reads off of as possible is really important to me in a game like this

2.the gamestate is fine. i'm concerned about the fact that we've been hearing from the same ~10 voices or so, when this is a 20+ player game. i feel like there are a number of people who have been able to weasel out of explaining their reads by just outright ditching the thread for long periods of times, and that makes productive dialogue a lot more difficult than it would be if we had more centralized communication. i don't really feel like any valuable towncores are forming today and i also don't feel that people who ~are~ universal townreads have any real sense of cohesion - feels like everyone is just kind of blindly stumbling around shouting their own suspicions right now

so uh....maybe the threadstate isn't as good as i thought, lmao, but most of this is probably par for the course for d1 of a game of this size. the best thing that could happen in the next 24 hours is if the players who have been largely silent today came back with strong and well-substantiated thoughts, but i don't think that's going to happen
if everyone tryharded we would win
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:07 pm Urist is probably town and wrong
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:08 pm Because like he can’t be not town
Why would you phrase it like this?
Because that’s why he’s town
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 am I think Jess is not scum
what swayed you?
don't really remember. Just not feeling it
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 756

Post by Gavial »

Who Jess?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 am

could you give me your GTH reads on the following names?

urist
rej
poison
c4e5g3d5
nanook
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 am I think Jess is not scum
what swayed you?
Guess this is Jess?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

ChopChop wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 amWho Jess?
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Hitman

jess is a state of mind
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 am i feel like there are a number of people who have been able to weasel out of explaining their reads by just outright ditching the thread for long periods of times, and that makes productive dialogue a lot more difficult than it would be if we had more centralized communication.
You could make this post score an 80000 on the Scoville scale by naming names right here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay I’ll be here for 10 minutes, maybe. Someone ask me something
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 am

urist
rej
poison
c4e5g3d5
nanook
nanook can be scum. Probably lightly >rand scum
Rej is town
Poison scummy
C4 has had some weird posts tbh and I'm less sure of them right now but I haven't really agreed with ~any reasons people have been scum reading him so lol
Urist idk. They're taking a really weird angle if scum. I'll probably need to ISO them to give real thoughts cause I haven't cared much
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am Okay I’ll be here for 10 minutes, maybe. Someone ask me something
What’s your exact read on me?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

SPF might think I’m ditching the thread if I don’t start explaining things
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

why is jess?
how is jess?
when is jess?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ChopChop wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am Okay I’ll be here for 10 minutes, maybe. Someone ask me something
Obvious wolf but like you play like I do sometimes and some people think you’re town so I’m willing to not act on this suspicion
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am why is jess?
how is jess?
when is jess?
Where is Jess?
I wanna give em hug!
:hug:
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:20 am
ChopChop wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am
Obvious wolf but like you play like I do sometimes and some people think you’re town so I’m willing to not act on this suspicion
When you say “I play like you do” do you mean I’m playing similar to your wolf game or your overall Playstyle?

When you say I’m Obvious Wolf how actual confident are you in that? Because this game is still in the early stages.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I mean like my overall playstyle. I think you’re closer to my town game than wolf game too. I just mean that I look at the first page of your ISO and I think “why do I need to bother keep looking all of the info is right here”
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:14 am i feel like there are a number of people who have been able to weasel out of explaining their reads by just outright ditching the thread for long periods of times, and that makes productive dialogue a lot more difficult than it would be if we had more centralized communication.
You could make this post score an 80000 on the Scoville scale by naming names right here.
urist, boknows, rej, kza

this isnt to say that all of these people are dodging the thread maliciously - i've just felt that communication with them has been difficult today
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

what the fuck is this TSP chopchop read I'm kinda ???????????????????????????? Right now

Don't like it at all

Can you explain more TSP?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:24 am what the fuck is this TSP chopchop read I'm kinda ???????????????????????????? Right now

Don't like it at all

Maybe when I get to a computer. But read the first 20-30 posts in their iso (starting day 1). Tell me that you see something that is not a wolf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 am

urist
rej
poison
c4e5g3d5
nanook
nanook can be scum. Probably lightly >rand scum
Rej is town
Poison scummy
C4 has had some weird posts tbh and I'm less sure of them right now but I haven't really agreed with ~any reasons people have been scum reading him so lol
Urist idk. They're taking a really weird angle if scum. I'll probably need to ISO them to give real thoughts cause I haven't cared much
oooh the rej townread is spicy, can i hear more about that? does it just stem from the post where he said that he was mischop bait?

somewhat agreed with nanook. mildly agreed with poison (i believe that someone presented the theory that poison is a little bit ~afraid~ of the thread and doesn't really know what direction/angles to take with her scumhunting, and that's a vibe that i've consistently felt more and more as the day has gone on and her content has waned. that might not be totally fair to her, i just feel like her solving has largely been directionless in a way that kinda pings me - im also kinda worried about her tr on me lol, it felt a little fake). i mildly scumlean urist but i could probably be talked out of it if they just ......explained their reads more in-depth. his reasoning for scumreading poison was fine, i guess
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

meh i wasn't gonna read the thread tonight but i guess i will. stand by for hot takes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:14 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:56 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:50 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:45 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 am I've decided to blindly sheep Sloonei.
This is an unexpected turn, Doctor.
y?
u always say im scum
Does he say you're town now?
it seemed to be implied
What

You gave a fart noise and a sass answer to me

How were you not exasperated?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:25 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:24 am what the fuck is this TSP chopchop read I'm kinda ???????????????????????????? Right now

Don't like it at all

Maybe when I get to a computer. But read the first 20-30 posts in their iso (starting day 1). Tell me that you see something that is not a wolf
idk what this means
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I still can’t figure out who chop chop is

That’s not you banana is it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:29 am

Don't like it at all

idk what this means
Read Chop’s posts and tell me they’re town. It feels like every single one gives off wolf vibes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 am
y?
u always say im scum
it seemed to be implied
What

i did?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:17 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:11 pm
KZA wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:20 pm sorry I find none of this SPF stuff and issue and I'm fucking bored of it
mind meld
one of the things that i'm struggling w/re: dom is that his logic feels so often like it is being presented in an overly aggressive/bad faith manner. i have just absolutely failed to understand dom's perspective no matter how hard i stretch his - his logic is just straight up incomprehensible to me

since you feel strongly about dom being down, would you mind acting as a translator of sorts? do you think that dom's concerns are genuine? do you think that they align with his usual style of scumhunting? is this type of aggressive a typical characteristic for his town game?
I think Dom is walking into this game knowing jack and shit and a lot of the posts he makes feels fired from the hip. foresight accused him of lifting cases wholesale from scum BTSC, but I've had the opposite impression - his tone feels organic and there are some twists of wording ("what fresh hell is this? vague on vague on vague. I am not entertained") that feel like they come from the heart and certainly don't fit with the idea that he's just citing the party line someone else cooked up.

The emotion and gradually increasing annoyance transitioning into a straight tunnel on foresight is, I think, genuine, and if it is genuine then that makes it much less likely that he's a mafioso setting foresight up. on a more abstract level, I get a sense of isolation and "going solo" from his play - even the people who townread him and agree with his pushes aren't really angling at things the same way, or pushing the same narratives, as he is.
This is a perfect articulation of my read on Dom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:31 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:28 am
y?
u always say im scum
it seemed to be implied
What

i did?
Are you stringing me along?

I'm literally lying in bed because it is time for me to go to sleep and checking Mafia on my phone before I plug it into a charger. Now I get you playing like you don't know what you said? What is fart.sx?

I will look forward to your answer when I wake up in the morning. Good night my friend.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Rej wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm i have two townreads but im not gonna say who yet = )
Heya, here to play some low effort, this is the first post that pinged me. I personally don't like posts like this because they are confusing as heck. This could be the most unneccessary soft claim, or this could be a bait, or this could be anything.
I always ask myself why a town should do this, the last time I saw someone do this they ended up masons with someone and they got lynched.

Anyone beat me to this.

Also I see Long Con and KZA are voted currently. I feel whenever I play here Long Con gets voted somehow. Will drop my opinions once I am cought up.
So, this post is kinda weird. He says here and in a lot of other places here's here to play some low effort, as well as just sounding not so comfortable with his reads

If he's a wolf here, he's very self conscious, and uncomfortable in thread
Rej wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:25 pm
Rej wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm i have two townreads but im not gonna say who yet = )
Heya, here to play some low effort, this is the first post that pinged me. I personally don't like posts like this because they are confusing as heck. This could be the most unneccessary soft claim, or this could be a bait, or this could be anything.
I always ask myself why a town should do this, the last time I saw someone do this they ended up masons with someone and they got lynched.

Anyone beat me to this.

Also I see Long Con and KZA are voted currently. I feel whenever I play here Long Con gets voted somehow. Will drop my opinions once I am cought up.
So looks like Rej is Maf
nah, I am the towniest town to ever town through this town
► Show Spoiler
But then we have posts like this
Rej wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:23 pm Rej probably a wolf for that opening gif.

I’m really good at mafia fyi.
cmon pal, since when are opening gifs scummy? this triggers me, they are part of a Rej with positive mindset :omg:
and this

Which sounds *very* genuine to me, and give off really towny vibes in a unique way and specifically contrary to the mindset I believe wolf!Rej would have made his earlier posts with. He sounds unsure of himself based on needing to repeat he's going to slank; but these townyness he feels he has isn't awkward, it's not forced or overblown, it's very natural and not unsure/worried! So, I think he's town
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:31 am
Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:29 am

Don't like it at all

idk what this means
Read Chop’s posts and tell me they’re town. It feels like every single one gives off wolf vibes
I see

I was just confused then because I thought you town read him

He is very probably a wolf, yes
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:23 am I mean like my overall playstyle. I think you’re closer to my town game than wolf game too. I just mean that I look at the first page of your ISO and I think “why do I need to bother keep looking all of the info is right here”
This post confused me because you said they're closer to your town game than wolf game so I was very ???

Sorry for the miscommunication
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:33 am Are you stringing me along?

I'm literally lying in bed because it is time for me to go to sleep and checking Mafia on my phone before I plug it into a charger. Now I get you playing like you don't know what you said? What is fart.sx?

I will look forward to your answer when I wake up in the morning. Good night my friend.
oh. lmao. i'm... i'm really laughing right now.

look in the top left of this image Esooa posted on the last page:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:30 pm Falcon feels good too.

BoKnows should receive some attention.
I don't consider BK an innocent child yet, which means that he's >rand scum.
ay yo alison, just in case there are any Old People here could you explain what you mean when you say someone becomes an innocent child?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DrWilgy »

y?
u always say im scum
only when I'm right
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I feel soooo hyped right now and it's making me want copy Ara's style of adding exclamation points to everything I say!!!!

These both seem appropriate for a jay game
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

very big images
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
staypositivefriend
Hitman

standwich
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

me: I can't wait for Jess to comment on my Rej read that I think is really good!
Also me: yay new posts!

Nanook:

S T A N D W I C H
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Standwich needs some macaroni and cheese meat.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

@esooa - thanks for explaining the townlean on rej. i'm not sure that i share the same perspective about those specific posts being town-indicative for him - i've noticed that scum tend to try to offset their nervousness in the early game by making a lot of jokes or being overly flippant. joking about being "super towny" to deflect a scumread isn't behavior that screams: "this person is not nervous", imo. but i appreciate the perspective and i agree that his tone doesnt feel overblown
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:55 am @esooa - thanks for explaining the townlean on rej. i'm not sure that i share the same perspective about those specific posts being town-indicative for him - i've noticed that scum tend to try to offset their nervousness in the early game by making a lot of jokes or being overly flippant. joking about being "super towny" to deflect a scumread isn't behavior that screams: "this person is not nervous", imo. but i appreciate the perspective and i agree that his tone doesnt feel overblown
I think his posts come across as genuinely believing he is towny, which if he's scum he would not genuinely believe
staypositivefriend
Hitman

kinda think that nanook is scum but also kinda think he's not gonna get chopped until the endgame for some reason

Esooa wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:53 am me: I can't wait for Jess to comment on my Rej read that I think is really good!
Also me: yay new posts!

Nanook:

S T A N D W I C H
Sometimes you just have to take a moment to clear yourself town

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:56 am kinda think that nanook is scum but also kinda think he's not gonna get chopped until the endgame for some reason
If extremely recent history is any basis I’m going to get flash wagoned while not present at eod

Return to “Previous Jobs”