No votes

Total votes: 3
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Vulgard »

I lean V on Dizzy after some consideration. I think a wolf doesn't break the flow of the thread like this just to brag that they won't play the game. Re: their LOUD BOMBASTIC ENTRANCE where they DECLARE they will NOT play. Re: their LOUD BOMBASTIC ENTRANCE where they DECLARE they will NOT play. People call this type of thing wolf WIFOM but I've never actually seen someone like this flip W.

I don't actually know Dizzy's wolfrange, but I wouldn't expect this "maneuver" from any wolf. You can invite people to yeet you without breaking threadflow and magnetizing attention. Wolf!Dizzy wouldn't pop into the thread just to scream "yeet me" and shitpost. In fact, there's even a comparison to be made when you look at KZA's entrance. I brought this up earlier. KZA's entrance is the type of "shitpost wahaha I may or may not care about this game" posting I'd expect from a wolf. Rather than what Dizzy did.

Arete latching onto Dizzy and considering a yeet there, especially calling it "policy..." Rubs me the wrong way. Sure, if Dizzy's a wolf playing like this, losing to it would suck, but this shouldn't be v!Arete's first thought. This feels more like pointing a finger and calling attention. "Hey guys, there's this one dude who posted stuff about wanting to get killed. Maybe we should do it somewhere down the line, idk." It's a very subtle suggestion and I think it's very wolfy.

Since it's one wolfy thing in a string of passable posts by Arete, I'm still content not tunneling them to the death. But this isn't the way of thinking I expected from v!Rete.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:13 pm I HARD SHIELD GAVIAL.
do you think his posts are town-indicative, or is this a meme
Do you have an independently formed idea why Gavial is wolfy?
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:18 pm I lean V on Dizzy after some consideration. I think a wolf doesn't break the flow of the thread like this just to brag that they won't play the game. Re: their LOUD BOMBASTIC ENTRANCE where they DECLARE they will NOT play. Re: their LOUD BOMBASTIC ENTRANCE where they DECLARE they will NOT play. People call this type of thing wolf WIFOM but I've never actually seen someone like this flip W.

I don't actually know Dizzy's wolfrange, but I wouldn't expect this "maneuver" from any wolf. You can invite people to yeet you without breaking threadflow and magnetizing attention. Wolf!Dizzy wouldn't pop into the thread just to scream "yeet me" and shitpost. In fact, there's even a comparison to be made when you look at KZA's entrance. I brought this up earlier. KZA's entrance is the type of "shitpost wahaha I may or may not care about this game" posting I'd expect from a wolf. Rather than what Dizzy did.

Arete latching onto Dizzy and considering a yeet there, especially calling it "policy..." Rubs me the wrong way. Sure, if Dizzy's a wolf playing like this, losing to it would suck, but this shouldn't be v!Arete's first thought. This feels more like pointing a finger and calling attention. "Hey guys, there's this one dude who posted stuff about wanting to get killed. Maybe we should do it somewhere down the line, idk." It's a very subtle suggestion and I think it's very wolfy.

Since it's one wolfy thing in a string of passable posts by Arete, I'm still content not tunneling them to the death. But this isn't the way of thinking I expected from v!Rete.
Re: their LOUD BOMBASTIC ENTRANCE where they DECLARE they will NOT play.

Point and laugh.
ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 pm
https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 24#p797958

^^^^^
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think they are null indicative and he should stay in the game. :beer:
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 pm
I think they are null indicative and he should stay in the game. :beer:
what are your thoughts on alison?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:18 pm Arete latching onto Dizzy and considering a yeet there, especially calling it "policy..." Rubs me the wrong way. Sure, if Dizzy's a wolf playing like this, losing to it would suck, but this shouldn't be v!Arete's first thought. This feels more like pointing a finger and calling attention. "Hey guys, there's this one dude who posted stuff about wanting to get killed. Maybe we should do it somewhere down the line, idk." It's a very subtle suggestion and I think it's very wolfy.
had the same initial reaction to that yeah

would wolf arete be so upfront about going after a policy thing like that? idk

i and i think a couple other people got to a tonal v read of dizzy's first few posts anyway and it feels like arete is the contrarian one here -- dizzy had made more actual posts by the time arete posted, but on the other hand it was a catchup post where they were just reacting to the first couple and they may not have seen the later ones
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:20 pm
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:19 pm
https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 24#p797958

^^^^^

I literally just read that post by SPF.

You can probably tell I'm distracted doing something else.

--

The reason I wolfread Arete for that post also extends to the context. On our homesite, at least when not playing against me, I'd expect wolfrete to post more agenda. They would feel they can get away with it because other players are not as good at spotting it as I am. But here, the Dizzy read feels more subtle. Just like the way I'd expect wolfRete to formulate their pushes in this game. Lots of competent players, and I know Arete thinks the players are competent, too. You can't be too blatant with your agenda, especially since Vulgard is in the game and randed town.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I have a preflip read based on it but I don't like preflips. I'm still going to leave it in the thread if I die and Arete turns out to be a wolf, but don't put much stock in it otherwise.

--
If Arete's a wolf and I'm not alive to tunnel them when I become 100% certain of it:

Dizzy's just a villager. I've never seen wolf!Arete treat a partner like this so early in the game. They are not stalwart against bussing but they prefer not to. And bussing wouldn't do them any good when I'm in the game unless I die at night before I get them killed. Besides, what Dizzy's doing doesn't seem to have invited much scrutiny. Aside from Arete's cold take. Wolf!Arete wouldn't feel the need to provide that scrutiny. They wouldn't feel the need to imply they wouldn't mind the yeet going Dizzy's way. Not if Dizzy was their partner, at any rate.

THIS IS ONLY IF ARETE IS A WOLF. Don't exploit this for anything else if I get nightkilled.

Also posting this in the thread as my own point of reference if Arete ever flips red. I tend to forget the reasons I wolfread people as the game goes on.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Townread. Not wolfread.

I'm tired.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

The last two pages have been me forgetting posts and asking questions that have already been answered.

I should go to sleep. See you.
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:30 pmwhat are your thoughts on alison?
I've only seen one post from her, her first one where she said she had no reads. I had a response to it, but I have no read of Alison. I remember having the thought of maybe being able to read her after last game, though she had low activity because she was sick. This may be hubris on my part. If I read her posts, I'll let you know.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:18 pm I lean V on Dizzy after some consideration. I think a wolf doesn't break the flow of the thread like this just to brag that they won't play the game. Re: their LOUD BOMBASTIC ENTRANCE where they DECLARE they will NOT play. Re: their LOUD BOMBASTIC ENTRANCE where they DECLARE they will NOT play. People call this type of thing wolf WIFOM but I've never actually seen someone like this flip W.

My wolf range is huge. It's been said that I don't even have a range, but of course, that isn't true.

That said, I have hardly ever had low effort in my wolf games, at least not in years. However, I have had low effort as town.
This is probably because I often feel I would be the strongest or one of the strongest wolves in a given team.
However RNG decided to rand the game, I know there are strong town here.
I'm also a decent town player, though town is a much harder alignment to play well as imo.

I think I could play like this as wolf.
I don't necessarily plan to "play like this" forever. But I'm very tired right now.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have no thoughts on Arete's take on me. Town can be annoyed at me. If it's hard to shade other people or if she's struggling to have "enough" scum leans, then maybe it's shady. Haven't read her other posts.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

The length of Nut's posts suggests she is town. This is a serious read.
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:13 pm
Marluxion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:09 pmsorry dHAA
dya
Hally
Alison
Amy
why tf is the d lowercase
just write names you madman
when i go "A to e4" you're not gonna know if i mean Alison or Amy and it's easier to type out the names than do this song and dance every time
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

it's a meme
he hasn't towntold even remotely yet
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

I got a similar vibe from Dizzy
Still not positive on Aroot but i can see what you mean
their push on hally felt a little weh earlier as well like i mentioned when i first caught up
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:48 pm

My wolf range is huge. It's been said that I don't even have a range, but of course, that isn't true.

That said, I have hardly ever had low effort in my wolf games, at least not in years. However, I have had low effort as town.
This is probably because I often feel I would be the strongest or one of the strongest wolves in a given team.
However RNG decided to rand the game, I know there are strong town here.
I'm also a decent town player, though town is a much harder alignment to play well as imo.

I think I could play like this as wolf.
I don't necessarily plan to "play like this" forever. But I'm very tired right now.
For someone who's first post said they are going to refuse to play you sure are doing a lot of playing :cloud9:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Aroot haha. That made me lol
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

I love the smug cloud man emoji
it is now my son
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marluxion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:56 pmFor someone who's first post said they are going to refuse to play you sure are doing a lot of playing :cloud9:
Are you unhappy about that?

I'm doing playing. I'm not doing a lot of reading. It's the reading I find insufferable at this point. Not that you all aren't great writers.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marluxion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:56 pm I love the smug cloud man emoji
it is now my son
NO THAT IS MY THING.

But I use it to express love.

:cloud9:

We can both use it for different things. It's cool.

Lux and Lex :cloud9:
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:57 pm
Marluxion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:56 pmFor someone who's first post said they are going to refuse to play you sure are doing a lot of playing :cloud9:
Are you unhappy about that?

I'm doing playing. I'm not doing a lot of reading. It's the reading I find insufferable at this point. Not that you all aren't great writers.
Absolutely not, play all you want
I was just pointing it out before people attempt to case you for being low effort just because you said you were gonna be in your post 1, when that is clearly not going to be the case
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marluxion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:54 pm
it's a meme
he hasn't towntold even remotely yet
Gavial is a bad chop regardless of if he has town told or not.
I would be much more comfortable to give him space and time.
I think he's an easy read over time.
This is why I hard shield him.

I'm a good chop strictly strategically, because I'm a very hard read if I was mafia here.
However, I am town.
If you believe Gavial is mafia, we should chop someone on his wagon right now. There will be mafia there if Gavial is mafia.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I can high post and low read. It's probably quite annoying. I will try not to. But I'm not inspired to read yet.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pm If you believe Gavial is mafia, we should chop someone on his wagon right now. There will be mafia there if Gavial is mafia.
how does that work?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pm If you believe Gavial is mafia, we should chop someone on his wagon right now. There will be mafia there if Gavial is mafia.
how does that work?
Gavial is very expandable if he's mafia. He will probably get caught. Scum wants to get the cred when they can get it. If Gavial is mafia, they are probably already spooked. That is how that works.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:04 pm
how does that work?
Gavial is very expandable if he's mafia. He will probably get caught. Scum wants to get the cred when they can get it. If Gavial is mafia, they are probably already spooked. That is how that works.
imagine for a second that gavial is a 100% mechanically confirmed wolf. who is the wolf on his wagon right now?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:25 pmHally why was your entrance bad and scummy? Yes, that is scummy AND bad.
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pmIf you believe Gavial is mafia, we should chop someone on his wagon right now. There will be mafia there if Gavial is mafia.
[VOTE: Hally] aubergine

Though to be clear, I do not yet have a read on Gavial.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:06 pmimagine for a second that gavial is a 100% mechanically confirmed wolf. who is the wolf on his wagon right now?
I don't have much of a clue about this, since I have not read the game. But in ISOing Hally just not to check out their vote, it was blank and that is an ok enough shot for me to take.

You would probably be second place for absolutely no reason.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I hope that Arete will accept her nick name, Aroot, from now till eternity. What to you think, @Arete ?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

aroot is a state of mind
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

And a destination.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291

Post by Amy »

yeah ok i'm feeling pretty good on dizzy

"i'm not going to play! i'm so burned out!" => plays anyways, outposts half the thread

addicted villager/10
hope you're having a good day
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Well, that was easy.
I will keep this in mind for when I actually rand wolf.
I have also lost the war on the word "wolf".
Cursed be, cursed be.

I have more posts than SPF!
If she is also not controlling the thread or her image very much, she may be town. I wouldn't put it past her to rand town lol!
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

the gavial vote that looks most like a bus is
mine
but yeah i like hally's the least
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

how does that work?
@staypositivefriend Do you think this perspective makes sense or not?
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

how does that work?
I came into this game gavial would get bussed hard if he's a wolf, based on how his meta has been described.

Plus any random grouping of five players has approximately a 75% chance of having at least one wolf, if my math is right.

1 - (13 / 17)^5 = 73.85% of at least one wolf

if you want to assume "I am town and I am not one of those five players" = 1 - (12 / 16)^5 = 76.3% of at least one wolf

There are some underlying assumptions about votes on a wagon being independent events which isn't really true, but whatever, close enough. Been awhile since I took any stats or probability courses though. Yes this a useless post a wolf could easily make, sue me. :werewolf:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Gavial »

I think SPF is scum over Hally.
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

dyslexicon is posting how i post when i begrudgingly join a game because the player list looks fun, rand town, decide to just mess around, then find myself actually trying to solve things because i cant help myself and kinda hate myself for it a little but its too late im in now
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Why do I have 5 players voting me?
Not that I really care much anyway since I’m multi-balling and I’m only VT.
Just a shame people don’t like me that much.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:14 pm
how does that work?
@staypositivefriend Do you think this perspective makes sense or not?
it's reasonable enough, yeah. there are usually wolves that try to bus their partner(s) early if they feel like they're going to inevitably get chopped, so it's not unreasonable to assume that someone would already be bussing gavial in a world where gavial is a wolf

i questioned you about that read initially because it seemed a little too definitive/strong, but i think that your perspective is fine after you explained it more
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:17 pm
how does that work?
I came into this game gavial would get bussed hard if he's a wolf, based on how his meta has been described.

Plus any random grouping of five players has approximately a 75% chance of having at least one wolf, if my math is right.

1 - (13 / 17)^5 = 73.85% of at least one wolf

if you want to assume "I am town and I am not one of those five players" = 1 - (12 / 16)^5 = 76.3% of at least one wolf

There are some underlying assumptions about votes on a wagon being independent events which isn't really true, but whatever, close enough. Been awhile since I took any stats or probability courses though. Yes this a useless post a wolf could easily make, sue me. :werewolf:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Excuse my manners, by the road.

I have not played with all of you, though I know most of you by name.
It is a pleasure to play with you all.
Though it is a displeasure, just for me, to be too sick of reading mafia games to feel inspired to read it right now.
Hopefully, this will pass.
This too shall pass.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:17 pm I think SPF is scum over Hally.
why's that?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Funny enough I still don’t see them pinging in a case on me lol.
Wouldn’t be surprised if more then 1 scum is on me tbh.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:19 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:17 pm I think SPF is scum over Hally.
why's that?
Because Hally more Town then you are Foo!
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 pm Why do I have 5 players voting me?
Not that I really care much anyway since I’m multi-balling and I’m only VT.
Just a shame people don’t like me that much.
dude what is this weaksauce

where's the seth that's like "these are the wolves BLAM these are the town BAM im a GOD sheep me" ?
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

I liked Hally’s SoD posts if I remember correctly and I didn’t like the game State you were in SPF.

Return to “Previous Rackets”