No votes

Total votes: 3
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by dyachei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:59 pm @dyachei What is your read on me?

Can you talk about how Alison is your top scum read when she has only 7 posts in the game? I'm not saying it's wrong, and I you probably have talked a lot about it, but if you would restate, I'd appreciate. I did read Alison's ISO btw.
I really like tangy's read of you. I think you've come into the thread with low expectations and have outperformed them to a ridiculous amount. I don't really agree with you on gavial because it seems like he's being antitown at minimum if not outright wolfy. But i think your process feels right to me

i also know that you can be a scary wolf. So i'm calling you light v but I've got the fear
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:00 pm sunbae’s whole sequence re: spf’s guide was villagery
where's your head at hally? feel like i've seen you townread a bunch of people and wolfread seth, any other people you think are worth looking into as possibly being of the lupine persuasion?
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:00 pm sunbae’s whole sequence re: spf’s guide was villagery
Can you be villagery?

No.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Hey @Tangrowth, I read all the words in your wall, whether or not I absorbed any of it. I saw you wanted to figure out our reads differences, though. What reads you wanna sort out?
Spoiler: show
Progression cases are bad.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:59 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:55 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:52 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 pm it's super frustrating to finally rand town in a game with visor and zack and have them not even explain their shitty reads on me
there's not much to say and i don't want to get into a fight about it, you just don't seem like town dya so far :shrug: I doubt you will go down today while Gav exists, if you're town I should get there in time.

what are your three strongest reads in either direction?
alison most wolfy - have talked about her

towniest is probably tangy. I had them as sort of towny before but I liked their wall, too. I just think there was a lot of detail in there that wouldn't be if he were a wolf?
I didn't care for alison's posts either, but I know from past experience with her as v/v (admittedly small sample) that I find a non-trivial part of her approach to the game somewhat alien. She's also barely posted and it was all on page 1/2 iirc, hoping to get a better handle on her when she returns.

interesting, I did like tangy's wall and possibly am being unfair with her. lol maybe i'm just used to getting an extensive sampling of 500 posts where i can immerse myself in her mindset and see the villagy POV :ponder:

any thoughts on amy, nutella, or gavial?
i have amy as probably villa. It's kind of a feel thing with amy

nutella actually feels wrong to me. I know I was fucking around with you guys when I said her posts aren't bad yet...but they haven't been good either. I'm not getting that v nutella tone I'm used to seeing. She kind of feels like she did in the game where she was 3p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:02 pmI really like tangy's read of you. I think you've come into the thread with low expectations and have outperformed them to a ridiculous amount. I don't really agree with you on gavial because it seems like he's being antitown at minimum if not outright wolfy. But i think your process feels right to me

i also know that you can be a scary wolf. So i'm calling you light v but I've got the fear
Well, my process on Gavial is that I'm not really worried regardless of alignment. He gets accused of being antitown as town a lot, which may be fair, but I say give him a chance anyway. It's more that it's a very boring vote and a very boring predictable wagon that will not help the game in the long run, regardless of his alignment. And I still think if he is scum, some amount of mafia is probably on his wagon right now.

I also asked you about Alison. Do you mind answering?
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:49 pm also can yall pls give your opinion on amy once this conversation has run its course

please and thank u
i think she’s villagery but i’m not sure i feel as strongly about it as i did yesterday

do you have concerns?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

I forgot gavial but I sort of touched on it in my reply to dizzy. gav is playing an antitown game at minimum but I'm not really sure what that means for his alignment
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:05 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:02 pmI really like tangy's read of you. I think you've come into the thread with low expectations and have outperformed them to a ridiculous amount. I don't really agree with you on gavial because it seems like he's being antitown at minimum if not outright wolfy. But i think your process feels right to me

Well, my process on Gavial is that I'm not really worried regardless of alignment. He gets accused of being antitown as town a lot, which may be fair, but I say give him a chance anyway. It's more that it's a very boring vote and a very boring predictable wagon that will not help the game in the long run, regardless of his alignment. And I still think if he is scum, some amount of mafia is probably on his wagon right now.

I also asked you about Alison. Do you mind answering?
alison made a super simplistic read without actually reading what she was talking about. Which isn't what I'm used to with v!alison. I expect her to be meticulous instead of just saying nut's easy to wagon so it's obviously a mis-elim and there are wolves on her wagon. That seems pretty level 0 for alison but also nutella hasn't really seemed v to me? like her tone is off. So it might even be tmi
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

gotta say if dizzy is a wolf i don't see the point of going to bat so vociferously for gavial like this, regardless of gavial's alignment
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:04 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:47 pm it's super frustrating to finally rand town in a game with visor and zack and have them not even explain their shitty reads on me
there's not much to say and i don't want to get into a fight about it, you just don't seem like town dya so far :shrug: I doubt you will go down today while Gav exists, if you're town I should get there in time.

towniest is probably tangy. I had them as sort of towny before but I liked their wall, too. I just think there was a lot of detail in there that wouldn't be if he were a wolf?
I didn't care for alison's posts either, but I know from past experience with her as v/v (admittedly small sample) that I find a non-trivial part of her approach to the game somewhat alien. She's also barely posted and it was all on page 1/2 iirc, hoping to get a better handle on her when she returns.

interesting, I did like tangy's wall and possibly am being unfair with her. lol maybe i'm just used to getting an extensive sampling of 500 posts where i can immerse myself in her mindset and see the villagy POV :ponder:

nutella actually feels wrong to me. I know I was fucking around with you guys when I said her posts aren't bad yet...but they haven't been good either. I'm not getting that v nutella tone I'm used to seeing. She kind of feels like she did in the game where she was 3p
tbh i am still not really jiving with nutella's posts and am relying more on a bunch of people who seem to know her well insisting this is her town meta
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pm gotta say if dizzy is a wolf i don't see the point of going to bat so vociferously for gavial like this, regardless of gavial's alignment

tbh i am still not really jiving with nutella's posts and am relying more on a bunch of people who seem to know her well insisting this is her town meta
ok and? no one believed me when I said she wasn't town when she was 3p either. I'm pretty decent at reading her and don't depend on others for it
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

I think I misread that and missed the not. my bad
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pmalison made a super simplistic read without actually reading what she was talking about. Which isn't what I'm used to with v!alison. I expect her to be meticulous instead of just saying nut's easy to wagon so it's obviously a mis-elim and there are wolves on her wagon. That seems pretty level 0 for alison but also nutella hasn't really seemed v to me? like her tone is off. So it might even be tmi
I agree. Alison is suspect and hasn't made any posts that I associate with Alison.

I do believe she may have less time and energy to devote to this game. However, what little there is is not good in my eyes.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:11 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pmalison made a super simplistic read without actually reading what she was talking about. Which isn't what I'm used to with v!alison. I expect her to be meticulous instead of just saying nut's easy to wagon so it's obviously a mis-elim and there are wolves on her wagon. That seems pretty level 0 for alison but also nutella hasn't really seemed v to me? like her tone is off. So it might even be tmi
I agree. Alison is suspect and hasn't made any posts that I associate with Alison.

I do believe she may have less time and energy to devote to this game. However, what little there is is not good in my eyes.
Associate with Town!Alison, rather.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:59 pm why is arete town?

I just get the sense they're the reasonable sounding wolf who is not actually that villagy once you step back and think about it
it’s possible i was too quick to call arete villagery for that one post, dunno

where are you at on visor? some of his posts gave me those “reasonable wolf” vibes but others seemed fine
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

hallys posts are wolfy

so they must be a villager imo
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:18 pm

I just get the sense they're the reasonable sounding wolf who is not actually that villagy once you step back and think about it

where are you at on visor? some of his posts gave me those “reasonable wolf” vibes but others seemed fine
reasonable wolf is my usual wolf archtype so you're on the right track

(but im also a reasonable villager a lot and ppl hate that)
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:18 pm

the prophecy has been fulfilled, someone asked me or visor to give a read on the other d1 out of the blue

I think his posts are ~fine and i haven't seen anything troubling but he's not blowing my socks off or anything. It's been a very long time since I've seen him wolf in a normal game but I imagine the d1 is not going to look too drastically different either way.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

"the prophecy has been fulfilled, someone asked me or visor to give a read on the other d1 out of the blue"

bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:23 pm "the prophecy has been fulfilled, someone asked me or visor to give a read on the other d1 out of the blue"

whats your read on bronana, bronana
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:54 pm
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:34 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm @Hally Make a read on me, do it for science!
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 pm What’s your cases on me?
@Hally
@staypositivefriend
you seem like a wolf
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:32 pm Wait lol, Hally and SPF are voting what used to be a 4 post Gavial. LOL

@Hally @staypositivefriend I'm going to crush your dreams if any or both of you are mafia and I get to ever read this game. Terrible votes!
i’m pretty happy with my vote, actually
>> rand scum
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:25 pm
outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:23 pm "the prophecy has been fulfilled, someone asked me or visor to give a read on the other d1 out of the blue"

almost verbatim what your read is on me lmao
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:56 pm their posts are indeed posts
Fair enough. I feel the same.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:02 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:59 pm @dyachei What is your read on me?

Can you talk about how Alison is your top scum read when she has only 7 posts in the game? I'm not saying it's wrong, and I you probably have talked a lot about it, but if you would restate, I'd appreciate. I did read Alison's ISO btw.
I really like tangy's read of you. I think you've come into the thread with low expectations and have outperformed them to a ridiculous amount. I don't really agree with you on gavial because it seems like he's being antitown at minimum if not outright wolfy. But i think your process feels right to me

i dunno why but the bolded line feels wolfy to me

just seems kinda fake and like you’re saying stuff you think you should say

but now that i write out this post i don’t really feel strongly about it, meh
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:31 pm
outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Alison

Post by Alison »

Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:11 pm I could just be scared of Amy pulling the wool over my eyes like in the voxx 9er, hehe, but I'm not feeling it yet. Can someone talk to me about why she's town?
I think her naked voting me earlier was thinly villagery
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dya’s posts don’t seem as wolfy as the org game but i don’t think they’re villagery either
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:49 pm okay

[VOTE: arete] aubergine

i don't think her tangy case is a real read

it's the kind of fake push a wolf would make imo
I was okay with the push; it seems like something that could come out of not knowing Tangy well enough.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

alison u read the thread?

thoughts?
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm feeling a little disconnected from the game since a lot of people aren't settling into the roles I'm familiar with and unusually for me I don't have any strong reads yet. So I'm going to start from anchors I'm more confident about and extrapolate from there.

I've seen a little questioning of my suspicion that scum is trying to bulldoze nutella early on. Part of this is based off what I said above - starting from points I'm confident on and branching out from there, and another part is that the speed and force of the wagon, along with the seeming camaraderie of those on it, drew my eye as unnatural. My suspicion of zack's "pillar of the town" statement is an extension of this. I also note that some people have said I misunderstood/misread who he was saying were the pillars of the town, and I'll look back on that and give you updated thoughts.
Alison

Post by Alison »

outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:35 pm alison u read the thread?

thoughts?
Doing catchup right now.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:02 pm
where's your head at hally? feel like i've seen you townread a bunch of people and wolfread seth, any other people you think are worth looking into as possibly being of the lupine persuasion?
generally i think most people are varying degrees of fine and the only person i really wolf read is gavial, yeah

not inspiring but shrug, i didn’t expect to get wolf reads easily in this playerlist
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison, do you think Dya is bussing you or that SPF is bussing Gavial? I can't figure which one is more likely.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:34 pm dya’s posts don’t seem as wolfy as the org game but i don’t think they’re villagery either
you didnt think i was villagery on d1 of CoV either
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:39 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:02 pm
generally i think most people are varying degrees of fine and the only person i really wolf read is gavial, yeah

not inspiring but shrug, i didn’t expect to get wolf reads easily in this playerlist
Of Gavial is wolf they should live. This is your first mistake =p
Alison

Post by Alison »

outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:42 am few things:

1) think nutellas knee jerk reaction (and it is a knee jerk imo - seems obv and the justification locks it in) to a tangrowth push is probably the villageriest thing she has going for her. spf is obv right on nutellas posts earlier (just wanted to note this for posterity). i understand the emotion reads but i feel they are kinda lame and assume that nutella cant get annoyed as a wolf.

2) gavial votes, my understanding of their play means they (votes) seem fine but obv see how it plays out

3) dont think the tangrowth push by arete is wolfy and i understand how someone could get there, i entertained a brief push there earlier but i believe it is more likely to be tangrowth getting into ww after being out for a bit regardless of alignmnet (though i dont fault anyone for not buyin that)

4) go rams

5) if that alison post is real and not just haha faking xd its bizarre. like just straight up you cannot believe that as a villager
I think this post is decently townie.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:03 pm
Can you be villagery?

No.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:46 am
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:44 am
Tangrowth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:35 am What’s villagery about that Arete post, Hally?
i think the first paragraph re: you responding to arete and apologizing to them as though you had TMI that they’re a villager is a villagery thing for arete to think

it’s not unfakeable and i have no idea what their wolf range is, but it struck me as genuine
Thank you!

(More generally, to you or anyone) in the future thank you for answering any of my questions, I may not get around to expressing it due to the post cap.

As for the Alison thought, I don’t find it an unbelievable thing for Alison to genuinely think. She sometimes has some pretty strongly delivered takes that struck me as... notable (for lack of a better term) in a similar way.
is this a polite way of saying my reads are usually bad
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

didn’t you make this read almost word for word D1 of CoV?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:45 pm

didn’t you make this read almost word for word D1 of CoV?
not that I recall
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

fwiw i have nutella as pretty much lock villa at this point

and yes, this is TMI
Alison

Post by Alison »

outed wolf wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:26 am incomprehensible

beyond comprehension

inability to be comprehended
You're just saying that because you're one of the people being suspected
Alison

Post by Alison »

But more seriously I think you're overestimating how bad the take was because from your POV the nutella push was clean and well-reasoned which probably makes this one of the few times I'll townread someone for TMI-ing themselves.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Amy »

i think nutella is a villager regardless of hally's alignment
hope you're having a good day
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:06 pm I forgot gavial but I sort of touched on it in my reply to dizzy. gav is playing an antitown game at minimum but I'm not really sure what that means for his alignment
i don’t really think he’s being anti-town? or at least not actively so. that would require him to be doing something

how much experience do you have with him? why is he “anti-town” as opposed to “wolfy”?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531

Post by staypositivefriend »

[VOTE: outed wolf] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 am Alison's post wasn't super great - where she basically accused people of trying to get an easy mis-elim on nutella. Not necessarily because it's within the first 3 hours, but because it feels like TMI on nut. But lets say I'm wrong there...she still left the thread shortly after with no other insight. The alison i know usually has other thoughts on the game.
You're right, I usually have more thoughts on the game. I don't this game though. I opened up by saying I had no reads which is pretty unusual for me.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

there's a small voice in the back of my head that's telling me w!hally would fake having more wolfreads than they're currently repping (which afaik is just gavial)
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:51 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 am Alison's post wasn't super great - where she basically accused people of trying to get an easy mis-elim on nutella. Not necessarily because it's within the first 3 hours, but because it feels like TMI on nut. But lets say I'm wrong there...she still left the thread shortly after with no other insight. The alison i know usually has other thoughts on the game.
You're right, I usually have more thoughts on the game. I don't this game though. I opened up by saying I had no reads which is pretty unusual for me.
what about this game has been particularly difficult for you to parse?

i think we can both agree that you typically have very strong opinions on mafia and i'm just as surprised as you are at your lack of reads, if not moreso

Return to “Previous Rackets”