No votes

Total votes: 3
Chloe
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by Chloe »

Arete wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:57 am it felt like you were being like 'can you point out places of concern' (so that we can talk through it and I can convince you I'm a villager) (which isn't an intrinsically wolfy position for people-in-general but is more typical of your wolfgame, e.g. Insurgency)
meh okay
i dont think i'll much more out of this line of questioning - but i can say that i was indeed not doing that, and was trying to see if it was a genuine thought from visor
also he hasnt replied and i cba to keep prodding so whatever i'll live without knowing if he can pull up receipts

---

also lolmarl
thats probably a real derp tbh

---
@nutella i think arete's thought there is fine and could be brushed up to a misunderstanding of what i was saying - and i wouldnt read much into it tbh
it gave me weird vibes in the moment but after sitting on it i think them pointing out something that.. specific? with regards to my wolfgame, is a better look than not? - even if it isn't applicable there. very level-0, but ever-so-slightly townie
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:07 am Oh, it is Chloe! I'm a huge fan!
hi dizzy!! (:
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

i dont know if unvote tags exist so i will be on marl until i find a more suitable wagon wowee

that derp was 9 times out of 10 just real, and his followup is lolmarl
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:33 am i dont know if unvote tags exist so i will be on marl until i find a more suitable wagon wowee

that derp was 9 times out of 10 just real, and his followup is lolmarl
there's an option to unvote in the bottom of the poll

I think if you just use vote tags to vote unvote it should be fine? the vote tags aren't tracking anything about the poll, they're just for reference since the poll doesn't show what order people voted in
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

there is a part of me deep in my soul that would actually rather get ml'd than get derpcleared
it's the ultimate disrespect
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am there is a part of me deep in my soul that would actually rather get ml'd than get derpcleared
Yeah I feel that

It's cheap
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am there is a part of me deep in my soul that would actually rather get ml'd than get derpcleared
if it helps i had the earlier read that you not knowing who townreads you is villagery
which i still stand by

do i feel like im being too kind and giving townpoints too easily for what could be a fake derpclear? yes
but yeah uh
lol
felt real

still have half of my brain nagging at me and saying you're a wolf but i dont wanna be That Person who tunnels relentlessy so i'll give you space for a bit

also ty arete
[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
for now
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:40 am still have half of my brain nagging at me and saying you're a wolf but i dont wanna be That Person who tunnels relentlessy so i'll give you space for a bit
i mean i've earned it after shortnight 2
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

also i dont really know why i'm not considering lex as a possible wolf
i'm probably pocketed but they have really good vibes and it feels more likely to come from town than a wolf?
probably in reality it's NAI and their posturing on seth before deciding it's fine if he died is >rand wolf

but meh
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:41 am i mean i've earned it after shortnight 2
what happens in shortnight stays in shortnight
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

people who I've found vaguely villagery in some way at some point in time (sorted ish)

Vulgard
Marluxion
c4e5g3d5
Dyslexicon
Alison
Chloe
outed wolf

everyone else (not sorted)

Amy
bronana
dyachei
nutella
staypositivefriend
sunbae

might sponge everyone else's read on Nutella
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

my initial instinct wasn't to derpclear marl from that but based on both his own reaction and arete's + chloe's, yeah sure

gonna fuck around and [VOTE: Amy] aubergine

visor tunneling her/dya seems worth some weight

sunbae i dont think you're fairly representing my kza/gav attitudes, and while i get that you're hesitant to just trust others' meta reads on me, I'm really hoping you can just read through my posts from today and find them villagery on their own merit, it's possible my play style just doesn't quite vibe with yours but i would like to work together. I appreciate that you're open minded about dya as well, tbh I change my mind on them like every few hours lol but I agree with visor that they're flat and with marl that they're a bit similar to reflections. town dya can be stubborn/tunnelly yes but usually I can follow their approach more than I have here.

I also very much vibed with visor's evaluation of amy as like, overly confident and not actually engaging deeply with reads
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

sheeping my mason
nyoom

[VOTE: Amy] aubergine
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

think dya is a likelier hit than amy just for the fact that i've liked amy's tone
but i also feel like they have high partner equity
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531

Post by staypositivefriend »

i just iso'd amy and im actually very concerned about her posts so far today - they feel kinda like theyre on autopilot to me and the reads in this post in particular are oddly empty: https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 59#p801459

like, this is amy's read on sunbae in that post:

"I've had misgivings about how much of a pass I've given Sunbae, too, simply because he feels like he's been more on the sidelines than he typically is. Entirely possible that I simply haven't made enough of an effort to engage him yet, and I feel fairly confident that I'll be able to lock him in as a more confident townread sooner or later if he really is town."

the trajectory of this read is: "i am concerned about how much i townread sunbae. i still townread sunbae. i will find sunbae more confidently if he's town". and that's fine - but there's no unique or insightful perspective here that attempts to actually commentate on sunbae's alignment - it's just a very A to B to C narrative without the typical gaps inbetween that would normally flesh out a read like this

i just dont see any unique or insightful perspectives from any of the reads that amy has outed in that post and i really need to see her thought process in much clearer detail for me to get to a place where i feel comfortable about her again

okay im forcing myself to stop posting now bye lol
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm going into this day with some non trivial suspicion towards Bronana and Alison.

A read on KZA's sparse ISO makes me think Nutella in particular is spewed town for being the first townread they give. I don't think KZA gives a townread on Nut so early if they are scummates, also considering many people in this game can read Nutella reasonably well.

I also wonder if KZA's ISO leans TMI overall. I could also see their mention of Alison as a possible TMI on Alison as town. None of KZA's mentions except Nutella are that clear to me though. But they did in fact TMI Gavial town in the most classical lolwolf defending the top town wagon. I will see what others say about this.

---

I wanted to see what Bronana did this day before going back to my suspicion there. He briefly implied the ridiculousness of thinking his interaction with KZA is scummy. If he had come into the day going back to my gripes of it and also tried to sort me out and how much I believe in this accusation, what it says about my alignment etc, I think that would be very towny. Him not doing it is neither towny or directly scummy, I guess.

He mentions he was the first vote on KZA. I went back in his ISO to see how he treated KZA (and a little bit how he treated Gavial).
The first vote on KZA was accompanied with "Do stuff". He also left the thread shortly after this, though the vote lingered almost the whole day. This is not a meaningful vote, and it's certainly very common for scummates to leave weak votes, play it off as pressure, so they can move it later if need be. The vote does nothing exciting.

He also quoted KZA's "sequence" that he thought didn't make sense and replied with a "What?"-gif. So that's a very weak push. He didn't push this or explain it further until I asked what the deal with KZA was, and his response was a first rather apathetic - "it doesn't make sense". I still fully stand by that this sequence from KZA is inconsequential, and that only the last post - the TMI on Gavial - is the meaningful part. Bronana said he had not checked timestamps for his accusation. And I don't expect everyone to check timestamps, but I do expect accusations to take into account the context of when about things were said. I think his original gripe with KZA's sequence is weak, the push from it is weak to not really existent, and it definitely could be TMI on a teammate, pointing out something you know to be correct, though the accusation itself doesn't really hold up.

I also tried to see how Bronana talked about Gavial. From what I could see, there was nothing all that conclusive. In the end he seems to have both Gavial and KZA as the ones he wants to chop. I can't find a clear preference for either, which is strange when the idea that circulated at the time was that KZA might have TMI-ed Gavial as town, and that there was probably no way they were both scum. Bronana did make a mention of Gavial being the designated chop and a game state read of how this had been the case for most of D1, which I believe is accurate enough.

Short version:
- Bronana's first vote on KZA is meaningless and weak, left lingering.
- Bronana's gripe with KZA's sequence is ill researched imo. I can definitely see it as a weak push on a teammate you know is bad, so you don't really think about that deeply.
- He didn't actually push KZA for his gripes.

This is all very much teammate compatible.
I will research his ISO more closely later. I will also try to give more space for the idea of a town!Bronana, thought his is a bit dangerous for me as I am a player who prefers everyone to just be town.

I also have two other smaller reasons for suspecting Bronana, which may only make sense to me!

---

I would appreciate if people did not refer to my posts as implicitly "crazy" anymore. I have solving and takes in my posts. Some of my play on D1 was quite over the top and I find myself in a weird mood with mafia in general. However, I don't think it means I don't have some content.

I also am more inspired by this game now. And I will have some time tonight, I think, to read at least this day and more of the ISOs I'm interested in!

---

I need to check whoever said that me and KZA were probably not teamed because we both announced slanking. I know that was said on D1. I think this is more likely to come from town, as mafia would know KZA to flip which would then make their read on me less flexible! I don't remember who said it, so if you do, please let me know, or I'll check it myself!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

@sunbae lolselfmeta feel free to ignore but I've been extremely stream of consciousness-y and also flip-flop/weathervaney to extents that i really cannot replicate as wolf lol

i also think that in a broader sense a lot of this game has aligned with that -- you, spf, chloe, arete, vulgard, c4, have all posted long rambling yet mostly coherent and transparent demonstrations of thought -- and i feel like amy and dya have both been more detached and less transparent with their thoughts. like they're on the outskirts sharing the bare minimum and that's wolf indicative imo

side note where tf is vulgard
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Chloe
Stool Pigeon

Post by Chloe »

vul is Polish
he'll be here eventually

and he better freakin talk to me

also im feeling an odd sense of confidence right now
that feeling i had that i was wolfsiding has dissipated, and im rather comfortable giving marl some space and poking elsewhere
i'd like to think we're heading in the right direction if my gut is anything to go off of

good night, gamers (:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dizzys case on bronana is p good imo, the reasons make sense to me

also vuls timezone prob does explain his absence after a moments thought I was concerned bc it's been 10 hours but nvm lol

seriously sleeping and saving posts now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291

Post by Amy »

lolmarl

guess that means the game is going to require some actual effort

gimme a bit and i'll see what i can do
hope you're having a good day
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

...as soon as i log off ffxiv

which is a thing i just started playing

which may not be the most intelligent timing in the world
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

trying to fall asleep and suddenly absurdly confident the team is just amy/dya/zack and everyone else is simply a villager
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

mfw wagons on amy and dya

Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

y'all are goons
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:38 am trying to fall asleep and suddenly absurdly confident the team is just amy/dya/zack and everyone else is simply a villager
is this literally just the hydra game again but this time i'm a villager and I can't blame gh for my troubles :noble:

anyway i saw the amount of posts to backread, got to #1700 or so, decided to procrastinate reading the rest of this shit until tomorrow. tomorrow zack is not gonna like present zack :disappoint:

lolbye
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

Alison
Arete
bronana
c4e5g3d5
Chloe
dyachei
Dyslexicon
Marluxion
nutella
outed wolf
staypositivefriend
sunbae
Vulgard

remove confident villagers: Chloe, Marluxion, nutella, outed wolf, staypositivefriend, Vulgard

Alison
Arete
bronana
c4e5g3d5
dyachei
Dyslexicon
sunbae

tier that real quick

Dyslexicon/sunbae
c4/bronana/dya
Arete/Alison

something like that

to-do: talk about/examine these in detail, probably starting with dya due to threatstate pertinence and then working bottom up after that

will this happen tonight? no idea
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

meh, put zack in the dizzy/sunbae tier

zomg or whatever

hopefully my zomg-itis can be cured by actually reading things in detail instead of surviving off vibes and snap micro reads
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

[VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine

omgus. I don't understand your case on me or why Nutella finds it so compelling, feels like you are maybe trying to bait me into a thunderdome as an avenue to generate content today :pout:

at some point searching my name I think I saw visor made a reads list wall with actual reasons and thought who even are you

I am not totally comfortable with Amy/dya but I don't really think they are wolves there I said it prepare your memes if one or both flips red

I think the consensus poe is probably bunk but have no good ideas myself for where to go, maybe some combo of dizzy/marl/Alison ... c4? some person being townread for doing stuff? are we are vulgard is town? why is visor so confident nutella is town

I wanted to go to sleep awhile ago but couldn't stop thinking about this shit even though I never fully caught up on the thread. mafia is so freaking dumb

classic shitty late night zack post people will hate

:offtobed:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

i hate my list actually

arete is too low, zack is too low, why can't i move sunbae higher, what am i doing with the dya/alison bullshit

someone is snowing me HARD
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

i guess?

i'm having misgivings about dya, not because of anything they've done but because everyone else seems SO certain that they're onto something that i wonder if i'm a dumbass for wanting to townread them

and that's the primary thing giving me pause about my alison read

but i think alison's playing a fairly underwhelming game if town and i still think the seth thing is weird

though c4 did still have a cromulent point about the w/w vs w/v thing... i think? i haven't reread the interactions in question

and i'm not going to tonight

this post is a mess probably but i probably shouldn't be awake given my recent sleeping troubles
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

9 pages to catch up on, it'll be a while before I'm up to date again. I feel like a clown after the Gavial misyeet but at least there's a dead wolf.

Ping me if you want to talk to me about something, just be aware I didn't think about the game much during the night phase and that I'm not up-to-date on whatever's happened d2.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:07 pm bit busy today ao just a heads up
also i dont know how to post less than 150 times so this'll be a learning process. bear with me

@Vulgard u n me, boo
we're a 3-way masonry with nut
ily

also why the friiiiiiiiiiiiick are people townreading both arete and marl lollllllllllllll
wassup
Marl has been dropping a fair bit in my mind since my initial read on him. I'm fairly confident Arete's V based on perspective in some of their posts d1. I can highlight them if you'd like.
In all fairness, I haven't read their d2 stuff yet, but that's why.
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 am But they did in fact TMI Gavial town in the most classical lolwolf defending the top town wagon. I will see what others say about this.
You kinda did the same thing though
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 am I also have two other smaller reasons for suspecting Bronana, which may only make sense to me!
Can you tell us what the two smaller reasons are? Even if they dont make sense to us or convince us that swagged-out-lissa is scum, they might help us find you if you're town
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:28 am
Chloe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:07 pm bit busy today ao just a heads up
also i dont know how to post less than 150 times so this'll be a learning process. bear with me

@Vulgard u n me, boo
we're a 3-way masonry with nut
ily

also why the friiiiiiiiiiiiick are people townreading both arete and marl lollllllllllllll
wassup
Marl has been dropping a fair bit in my mind since my initial read on him. I'm fairly confident Arete's V based on perspective in some of their posts d1. I can highlight them if you'd like.
In all fairness, I haven't read their d2 stuff yet, but that's why.
vulgard moments before losing all faith in my intellect

also on the bolded, please do
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Vulgard »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:44 pm
KZA wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:30 pm k nutella is good and spicy and hally cut me off to mindmeld me so those are my towns
KZA wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:45 pm SPF saying "this is a wolf" at this stage feels pretty good and similar to how she did it in Fargo as town

Personally I have 0 confidence in reading Gavial tho
KZA wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:24 pm hot(?) take is that Gavial received way too much heat from too many directions for his 4 post entrance and is probably just town
KZA wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:25 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:24 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:23 pm
Alison wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:19 pm I'm not closed off to the possibility he's just a wolf.
Someone tell me why I hate this line so much

Is it
The tiptoeing?
The vacuousness?
The fact that this is only coming now from Ms. Akemi "Check The Easy Worlds First" Homura and with so little conviction in the sequence from start to finish?

Your guess is as good as mine.
now that you mention it alison voicing hesitancy over killing a LHF is strange
I don't think it is, she did a similar thing with me in Congress of Vienna where she was town
it feels to me like KZA's attempts to get into the game involved them accidentally TMI'ing a bunch of people as villagers. they correctly called gavial a villager, they correctly called hally a villager, they correctly called me a villager, and i'm tempted to believe that the other townreads they dropped are ~more likely to be town than not. i don't know if kza, who knew that they would die before long, would bother popping into the thread to defend alison if alison was partnered w/them. i also think their treatment of nutella points even more to nutella being town.

there might be a drop-off in presence from me today - i have a lot going on this weekend. there are thoughts rattling around in my brain but they haven't fully developed yet
KZA hasn't done anything of note for the entire game. Not sure if wolves actually coach each other, especially in a game like this, but he must've known he was going to die? I mean, his posting was just awful, and there was an n1 vig. The idea all his fake village reads were all on town doesn't sit right with me. If he only townread villagers, that means he didn't even try to antispew despite awful posting from the start. I find that a bit unlikely.

I wouldn't say "nutella/Alison/SPF guaranteed 1 wolf between them" but I wouldn't call them all town based on KZA's townreads.

There'll be a drop-off from me as well. I can only really play today since I have classes tomorrow and in 2 days, all day long. Plus some exams.
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:44 am [VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine

omgus. I don't understand your case on me or why Nutella finds it so compelling, feels like you are maybe trying to bait me into a thunderdome as an avenue to generate content today :pout:

at some point searching my name I think I saw visor made a reads list wall with actual reasons and thought who even are you
Hi, Zack!

Do you think I am mafia?

Does the thing you mention say anything about Visor's alignment? Where are you at on your read on him?

I will say, I have focused on you because you've had more things that interested me and stood out to me, so this is where I have been digging. There's quite a few people I don't have an opinion of at all! I will try to fix that to a reasonable degree this night.

I would certainly like to hear what you don't understand about my suspicion on you!
I would also like to hear how you parse my alignment right now and what you base that on on your part!
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Vulgard »

Arete wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:48 am ...still catching up but at some point within the past ?few minutes? Gavial seems to have silently voted me on the poll, and not in the thread, despite literally never mentioning me at any point previously

which is baffling and kind of makes me think that he's badly attempting to spew me as his partner? or something?
First post.
Arete wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:04 am ...so the good news is that Gavial's town stocks are rapidly rising
the bad news is that Gavial's town stocks are rapidly rising
This post didn't make me townread Arete when they made it, but it looks great in hindsight. Wolf Arete has no reason for this turnaround, they can just keep going with the misyeet. Also, the way they phrased this thought doesn't make much sense as mafia. "Dammit, Gavial's town, I'm going to admit that in the thread for no reason when the other wagon is my wolf partner KZA, this is surely pro-wincon."
Arete wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:10 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:12 pm Arete, do you have any reason to think c4 is town beyond the readlist thing?
no
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:13 pm I HARD SHIELD GAVIAL.
...why? like I get not being confident either way on him but he really hasn't done anything villagery
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:15 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:13 pm I HARD SHIELD GAVIAL.
do you think his posts are town-indicative, or is this a meme
I think they are null indicative and he should stay in the game. :beer:
again, why is that a reason he should stay in the game
...Wait. I said nothing. Arete thinks that Gavial's town equity is rising, but also questions Dizzy NOT wanting to kill Gavial. But then I remember them claiming Gavial might be town, closer to EoD. ...Huh? Confusing progression. Arete acknowledges Gavial might be town after first reading him as mafia, but then questions other people who don't want to kill Gavial, implying Arete thinks Gavial's mafia after all, but then I remember Arete's posts closer to EoD that Gavial might be a villager...?

I kinda want to townread this because I get the impression it would be more pro-wincon for Arete to take a stronger stance instead of going back and forth the entire day. Especially when KZA, a wolf, was one of the yeet options. To be fair, we were always going to vig KZA, but at least there was a chance for survival if the wolves blocked the vig. Which didn't happen, instead they killed the vig, but that's beside the point.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Arete wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:15 pm
sunbae wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:55 pm Arete, can you let me know as briefly as possible why at eod you were approaching the game from a "I don't want people to turn on Vulgard so here's a long explanation of a villa read" perspective when if Gav flipped wolf nobody would ever be questioning Vul yet would start to ponder that alignment if Gav flipped villa? This is not a gotcha or a post to shade you, this is flat out just a question hoping I can get a better handle of your pov as eod went down.
I mostly wasn't thinking about Gavial's flip at all (although I did think they were more likely to flip town than scum), I was more thinking, like, if I randomly died N1 or N2 or something, and he were still alive on D4, he's the general-sort-of-player the thread might turn on, particularly if his reads turned out to be wrong (townread for relatively nebulous reasons, not close friends with anyone outside the FoL crowd afaik, nobody except me had particularly strong meta on him) and I wanted to make sure that didn't happen

if Gavial had actually been a wolf I don't think people would have been likely to immediately turn on him but I don't think that really would have reduced the likelihood of people turning on him on day 4, no one was going to give anyone cred for a Gavial hit, although I wasn't specifically thinking about that possibility at EoD

also I didn't care about the wagons, like, at all and I didn't really have strong reads other than Vul but I wanted to do something so that I didn't feel totally useless
Distinctly V!Arete perspective in this entire post unless they've learned to fake it.

Particularly one part I don't want to point out for Arete's sake.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I sometimes forget Marl's in the game and this isn't a good sign. I'm going to read his recent MU wolfgame.
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:39 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 am But they did in fact TMI Gavial town in the most classical lolwolf defending the top town wagon. I will see what others say about this.
You kinda did the same thing though
I do not believe I did!
If you think otherwise, you must be misunderstanding something, which I will happily explain to you, or at least attempt! Because if I at any point was more certain about Gavial on D1, it was that he was probably mafia. Although that confidence gradually disappeared towards EoD!
Can you tell us what the two smaller reasons are? Even if they dont make sense to us or convince us that swagged-out-lissa is scum, they might help us find you if you're town
Yes, I can!

One of them I have mentioned already. Zack said it was reasonable to be confused about a strong player posting the way I did D1, (which apparently was so crazy and trolly to the likes of which nobody had ever seen!) when I was a strong player as far as he knew. It just reminded me of a player in champs who said the same thing to me, and he was mafia, and I speculate whether mafia would be more cognisant of the relative strength of players. The issue also becomes whether or not there is component of TMI in the reaction: "Why is this person posting like this when they could be doing better?" However, I am not so sure whether this component exists in Zacks musings as much as it did when it happened to me last time (where the message was "Just do your thing, I've heard you're good!" which does seem more TMI-ish.)

So I'm not sure about the strength of this, but it reminded me of another situation.
The second thing is even weaker, and I'm not sure it's meaningful at all:
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:50 am Sorta soulread Dizzy v.
a) did you just TMI dizzy? :ponder:
To which my internal response was "Did YOU just TMI me town?"

I am confident I have seen scum accuse town of TMI when they have correct reads.
The way c4 delivered his read did not warrant this response from Zack imo. It doesn't flow well.

However, this is not to say that town cannot also do this!

---

So again, this may not be very meaningful for others or even myself at this point, but this is what I thought.

I also have no made my mind up about Zack at all. Some aspects of his response to me I find rather towny. For example his annoyance of me breaking post cap (whoops, didn't realise there was post cap lol) "just" to call him scum. But I will not disrespect him enough to not give towny responses to pressure! This is just one player that has done things that I want to talk about and investigate further. If I had made my mind up, I would not still be talking about it!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

And if people are confused:

When I hard shielded Gavial I did not town read him at all. In fact, I thought it was very possible he was mafia (thought little to go off of) because he was not solving and posting like I had seen him do before as town. At the same time, I've had experience with mafia!Gavial being very transparent in his distancing and bussing of his teammates. So I would rather encourage him to post more and, if necessary, stay in the game longer if he was mafia. I did not believe at the time that it was wise to build a big wagon on him and set his chop in stone early if he was indeed mafia, before he had the chance to post and reveal his teammates more! The next bunch of posts from Gavial that I saw made me think he was mafia as well, as I didn't see his usual town way of solving and he repeatedly said he was town, something he had just done in a game where we both were mafia! However, after his next and last bunch of posts and for whatever reason maybe borrowing doubt from others, I was less sure Gavial was in fact mafia. I was happy enough to chop him because I didn't know, and if he was mafia he had posted a decent amount anyway. I also didn't think a mischop on him if he was town was necessarily the worst thing.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

What's your thoughts on dya and Amy, dizzy?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

outed wolf wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:20 am What's your thoughts on dya and Amy, dizzy?
I have no concrete thoughts on them at the moment, because I have not read many of their posts. But I'm interested in both!

I will have to come back to you on this, and whatever else may come up when I decide to read more, as I'm heading out right now!
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:04 am I sometimes forget Marl's in the game and this isn't a good sign. I'm going to read his recent MU wolfgame.
You should probably read reflections in the mountaintop instead because it includes a good chunk of this playerlist and i think it's the most similar to how i've played this game

also no idea how you forgot i'm in this game since i was almost postcapped d1 with very little fluffposting
that seems more of a you problem rather than a me problem
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

outed wolf wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:40 pm
Arete wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:37 pm
outed wolf wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:32 pm
Arete wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:29 pm
outed wolf wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:31 pm
Arete wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:29 pm
bronana wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:27 pm

is his godread on you as good as his godread on gavial? :noble:
his godread on me is real and supported by an extensive history of games as both V/V and V/W
much like his extensive history of games with seth eh?
I'm sort of mrrr about how Outed Wolf is trying to discredit townreads on me/reasons to townread me without actually pushing for me to get killed (or even really expressing more than a slight scumread on me)

it kind of feels like he's trying to make sure that I'm a viable push for the future but doesn't want to get his hands dirty pushing me now
LOL

hilarious post - i said i thought you were a villager yesterday, the post is making light of vulgard not you
alright, what was your motivation behind discrediting Vul's reads?
... because he was wrong? he spent like 80 posts yesterday saying how much of a gavial god reader he was and that we couldnt let gavial slip away and we had to kill gavial

with his EXTENSIVE history of catching gavial and hes NEVER BEEN WRONG BEFORE

and he was wrong.

W R O N G
R
O
N
G

INCORRECT

NOT RIGHT

so i gave him a bit of shit for it
Okay, I laughed.

I still have no read on Alison.

@c4e5g3d5 You were making these weird a aA or something reads on day 1. I thought your later reads / readlist would make it obvious why you were doing that, but they didn't. What was up with that?
sunbae wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:29 pm I kinda wanna just yeet alison, marl, and nutella into the great sky daddy yee haw
Why Nutella?

Chloe is pretty obviously town. People have called her nervous but this isn't nervous Chloe. Nervous Chloe is wolf Chloe and I'm generally decent at interpreting her posts this way. Her posts read like genuine Chloe who replaced into a town slot and is ready to solve the game. Wolf!Chloe's entrance into the thread would likely be slower, more meticulous, and less aggressive.

Also I'd townread Tangrowth pretty hard. (I'll miss you. Hope you get to resolve whatever- yeah.)
Chloe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:15 am i have never seen beta marluxion

my brain does not know what to do
ioagjeaognjlaegjengjagioe

SPF insisting that KZA has only townread actual villagers doesn't sit right with me, even though she hasn't seen my response yet. It's a really bold claim to make about a wolf who's been posting like garbage from the start of the game. It's an implication KZA wasn't in antispew at all and decided to TMI a bunch of villagers despite knowing he would flip quickly. Is his wolfgame demonstrably so terrible that he'd do that? And even if it is, what's stopping his partners from telling him to go into antispew considering he was a consensus scumread and likely wouldn't survive for long?

I'm kinda townreading Dya for their consistent frustration over being scumread, but at the same time I can only mildly townread them for it for so long. This and their Alison scumread they've been repping for a while are the only things I remember Dya doing, while most other players have voiced reads on every other player in the game, done significant analysis, etc.

Finals of Champs! dya was also kinda boxed in (haha, ha) by similar circumstances but I remember them having more takes there?
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:31 am
Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:04 am I sometimes forget Marl's in the game and this isn't a good sign. I'm going to read his recent MU wolfgame.
You should probably read reflections in the mountaintop instead because it includes a good chunk of this playerlist and i think it's the most similar to how i've played this game

also no idea how you forgot i'm in this game since i was almost postcapped d1 with very little fluffposting
Were you a wolf in that game?

And about the last part: maybe. I felt great about you when we first started posting together in the thread but now I'm having some doubts.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm currently undecided whether dya having significantly less analysis and high-effort content than most other players in this game (lolKZA) is because:

- they're telling the truth about playing with lower effort due to this being a light game

OR

- dya is a wolf

The narrow focus on Alison is also a thing. Alison could be a wolf, in which case I think Dya looks significantly better. That would roughly match what happened in Champs Finale, where dya had a wolf on their radar that nobody else did, but nobody would listen to dya for a while until later in the game. I also don't see a point of dya hellbussing Alison when most of the playerlist either has no read on Alison or village reads her. If Alison's a villager, that paints Dya in a really bad light because then the push looks like refuge in audacity with no drawback (if people actually listen to you you aren't killing your partner).
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:34 am
Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:31 am

Were you a wolf in that game?

And about the last part: maybe. I felt great about you when we first started posting together in the thread but now I'm having some doubts.
no i was town
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

This is a really dumb thought, but what are the odds of more than one wolf having lower wim in this playerlist? (KZA was either wimless or terrible at wolfing. Or both.) I have no experience with most of the players here. Who would you consider the best / highest-WiM wolves on this playerlist?
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”