Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by bronana »

outed wolf wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:56 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:51 pm
outed wolf wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:48 pm [VOTE: amy] aubergine

If y'all are gonna have cold feet on dya, whatever

Kill Amy then
who's the third?
If they are both wolves, you could realistically say Zack but idk how much I believe that

I don't know who the third is, I hope I'm dead before then lol
and people wonder why i'm struggling to get there on the amy/dya wolf reads when everyone thinks i'd be the third and don't know who else it would be :fist:
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:58 pm
bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:49 pm @outed wolf

can you expand on dya being "tonally flat"? not sure what you're seeing
@outed wolf
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:45 pm zack, a concern i have about you is that your approach to this game does not feel directly proportional to your view of this game

your view of the game (and correct me if i'm wrong) is: "dyachei and amy might both be villagers. the consensus POE is bunked. i'm the next player in line to be chopped when the consensus POE is proven incorrect"

but in spite of that, i don't really feel a sense of urgency or drive from the posts that you've been making - you seem pretty relaxed and like you're just vibing
I can understand why you wolf read me, I can see where the convictions grew, and how they built up, and I can see the progression. I can see why, and how, and everything else.

Pretty weird, really.

everything you say is true (or close enough) and yet your conclusion is incorrect

if people are expecting me to lay down the law and go hard in the paint like the zack of yore, it's probably just not going to happen, fair warning. I don't know that I'll ever get back being That Guy, or if I even want to, even if it means i get misyeeted or stuck in the POE a lot more :puppy:

there ya go, a bunch of words that do nothing to assuage or address your concerns in any meaningful way, a pleasure doing business with you
i havent actually explicitly wolfread you up until that post, and that post wasn't a wolfread as much as it was a concern. so i'm a little confused by this response and i'm curious if you meant it for dyslexicon instead of myself?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

One clarification I did already make, but I'll take it once more for the guys in the back: I did not actually ever town read Gavial.

@sunbae @c4e5g3d5

Both of you have me in your PoE as far as I can tell, but I have not seen you talk about me in a meaningful way at all.
Is my placement around PoE a lack of a town read, or is there active suspicion on your part?
I have not played with either of you before. What are you doing to solve my alignment here, and is there anything I can do to help with this?

@staypositivefriend I know the point you made was to my credit, but I'm very confused as to how you got to me giving a "hard and passionate" defence of KZA. I get that misunderstandings can happen, but I'm befuddled how this can be your takeaway if you have consciously thought about this, because I had absolutely no opinion on KZA at all, and I had only read his three posts that Zack brought up (to check time line). Like what's up lol?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Alison »

oh wait its not eod nvm

Still gonna vote like this anyway
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:48 pm [VOTE: amy] aubergine

If y'all are gonna have cold feet on dya, whatever

Kill Amy then
okay

i'm still in favor of this yeah

thoughts are a little jumbled rn but

i think my preference for the 3 wagons is like amy > alison > dya atm

bc i think there's quite a few worlds where amy is wolf and dya is v, and there are worlds where alison is wolf, and there may in fact be an overlap of that venn diagram (still on that being somewhat unlikely)

having a bit of paranoia about visor rn and have considered things like [amy/zack/visor] or [alison/visor/x] but i should prob just table that for today

i'm going to try to chill and conserve posts for a while, looking forward to seeing more stuff from dizzy and now alison finally
Alison wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:58 pm Im just here to naked self pres sorry not sorry
hi theres another 24 hours ??????
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

Alison wtf r U doing
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

A general note, that I don't quite trust mine or other's "tone reads", especially if it is a tone read that makes people lean town. Because there's so many good players in this game, and I think few of us - this is including me - actually have any problem with "tone" as wolves. If you know the person in question has difficulties with this, it's of course different.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:01 pm One clarification I did already make, but I'll take it once more for the guys in the back: I did not actually ever town read Gavial.

@sunbae @c4e5g3d5

Both of you have me in your PoE as far as I can tell, but I have not seen you talk about me in a meaningful way at all.
Is my placement around PoE a lack of a town read, or is there active suspicion on your part?
I have not played with either of you before. What are you doing to solve my alignment here, and is there anything I can do to help with this?

@staypositivefriend I know the point you made was to my credit, but I'm very confused as to how you got to me giving a "hard and passionate" defence of KZA. I get that misunderstandings can happen, but I'm befuddled how this can be your takeaway if you have consciously thought about this, because I had absolutely no opinion on KZA at all, and I had only read his three posts that Zack brought up (to check time line). Like what's up lol?
you weren't giving a hard and passionate defense of kza's alignment, but you were giving a hard and passionate defense against zack's assessment of kza's posts. im not saying that you ever explicitly townread him or anything
staypositivefriend
Hitman

what's up, alison? can you give your overall view of the game rn? i have no idea what to think about you and it's making solving this game a lot more difficult
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:03 pmyou weren't giving a hard and passionate defense of kza's alignment, but you were giving a hard and passionate defense against zack's assessment of kza's posts. im not saying that you ever explicitly townread him or anything
Oh ok. Well, I was more concerned about how Zack's posts seemed to be shallow gripes.

SPF, were you the one mentioning the "stupid read" of Dya/Alison. Cause I totally had this thought on D1, and I don't remember whether I expressed that or not. And yes, it's probably stupid.
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

can you answer my damn question about dya visor, i have no idea why you're so tunneled there and you havent explained it
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:01 pm

@outed wolf
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:45 pm zack, a concern i have about you is that your approach to this game does not feel directly proportional to your view of this game

your view of the game (and correct me if i'm wrong) is: "dyachei and amy might both be villagers. the consensus POE is bunked. i'm the next player in line to be chopped when the consensus POE is proven incorrect"

but in spite of that, i don't really feel a sense of urgency or drive from the posts that you've been making - you seem pretty relaxed and like you're just vibing
I can understand why you wolf read me, I can see where the convictions grew, and how they built up, and I can see the progression. I can see why, and how, and everything else.

Pretty weird, really.

everything you say is true (or close enough) and yet your conclusion is incorrect

if people are expecting me to lay down the law and go hard in the paint like the zack of yore, it's probably just not going to happen, fair warning. I don't know that I'll ever get back being That Guy, or if I even want to, even if it means i get misyeeted or stuck in the POE a lot more :puppy:

there ya go, a bunch of words that do nothing to assuage or address your concerns in any meaningful way, a pleasure doing business with you
i havent actually explicitly wolfread you up until that post, and that post wasn't a wolfread as much as it was a concern. so i'm a little confused by this response and i'm curious if you meant it for dyslexicon instead of myself?
oh the first two lines are a meme, it's something manti said in a game once

I don't know what else you were expecting me to say though
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:03 pm A general note, that I don't quite trust mine or other's "tone reads", especially if it is a tone read that makes people lean town. Because there's so many good players in this game, and I think few of us - this is including me - actually have any problem with "tone" as wolves. If you know the person in question has difficulties with this, it's of course different.
That's fair.

I really should go to sleep.
ImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:05 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:03 pmyou weren't giving a hard and passionate defense of kza's alignment, but you were giving a hard and passionate defense against zack's assessment of kza's posts. im not saying that you ever explicitly townread him or anything
Oh ok. Well, I was more concerned about how Zack's posts seemed to be shallow gripes.

SPF, were you the one mentioning the "stupid read" of Dya/Alison. Cause I totally had this thought on D1, and I don't remember whether I expressed that or not. And yes, it's probably stupid.
Shallow gripes are my bread and butter. :workit:
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:04 pm what's up, alison? can you give your overall view of the game rn? i have no idea what to think about you and it's making solving this game a lot more difficult
I went to bed and woke up to find myself top wagon. I thought it was EOD so I self pressed, but the other top wagon is a scumread anyway so I'm fine parking my vote there.

I haven't caught up with the thread and probably can't at this point. Can you cliffsnotes the case on me?
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm here now though f you want to talk.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:06 pm can you answer my damn question about dya visor, i have no idea why you're so tunneled there and you havent explained it
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:01 pm

@outed wolf

Pretty weird, really.

oh the first two lines are a meme, it's something manti said in a game once

I don't know what else you were expecting me to say though
oh that makes a lot more sense lmao

and well, i guess i just wanted to gain a better understanding of your view in the game in general

i understand that you don't want to go super sayan tryhard mode, and that's fine, but i don't feel like i have an understanding of where your head is at or where you're exploring beyond simply: "amy/dya might be town and the POE is Bad". maybe a readslist or something would help?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@nutella Can you go through how you thought about Gavial's and KZA's alignment and the relation between these? Because I distinctly remember that the consensus seemed to be that KZA might've TMI-ed Gavial as town. And in general, I think it was pretty obvious the pair did not fit as w/w. Even I, with he little context I had, came to this conclusion. Yet, you seemed to suggest KZA would be scum regardless of Gavial's flip, if I'm not mistaken (as Sunbae showed). Why is this?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:07 pmShallow gripes are my bread and butter. :workit:
Quick, let's hard town read each other to up the confusion of this game! :cloud9:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:05 pm

lol yeah, a dya/alison wolf world was a world that i was entertaining in my mind because it would explain why alison has come off as deflated and low-effort. i feel like alison has been playing without very much regard for her self-preservation (in spite of her making a self-preservation vote on the last page), and her effectively rolling over would make more sense to me if she was a wolf that was positioning the rest of her partners to go deep. it made sense to me that dya/alison could be theatre when i looked at it through that lens. i do think that it's probably just not the case
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:07 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:04 pm what's up, alison? can you give your overall view of the game rn? i have no idea what to think about you and it's making solving this game a lot more difficult
I went to bed and woke up to find myself top wagon. I thought it was EOD so I self pressed, but the other top wagon is a scumread anyway so I'm fine parking my vote there.

I haven't caught up with the thread and probably can't at this point. Can you cliffsnotes the case on me?
dyachei is suspicious of the fact that you knew that they called gavial "anti-town" in spite of the fact that you were still catching up with the game. they think that it's more likely that you were informed about the current gamestate by your partners than it is that you were catching up with the game in a random order. they take issue with your general lack of engagement and lack of WIM, and i think that applies to a large portion of the thread

i'm voting you because i wanted to see what would happen. that's it. i don't know what my read on you is and youre one of the players in this game that i have the least clarity on. what does your view of the game look like right now?
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:09 pmi understand that you don't want to go super sayan tryhard mode, and that's fine, but i don't feel like i have an understanding of where your head is at or where you're exploring beyond simply: "amy/dya might be town and the POE is Bad". maybe a readslist or something would help?
nah i know, part of it is that i don't know where my head is myself lol. here lets shove some fiber down my intestine and see what spills out the other side :faint:

Alison - underwhelming, not making an impact on the thread, different from my (limited) experience with them where it was always extremely clear where she stood and why and strove to assert her will on the thread even when she was low posting

Amy - kinda liked some things d1, kinda didn't like some things d2, i dunno - i;m wary and unsure - think i've always incorrectly wolfread her when she's been villa except for rocks where she was just obvtown for various reasons, and i felt more strongly she was wolfin than i do here when she was indeed wolfin

Arete - shrug? i guess vulgard godreads them town for now

bronana - pure as crystal

c4e5g3d5 - dunno, not feeling this but multiple people have told me i'm wrong and that he's super different from his wolf meta so sure

dya - not sure what the problem is exactly, i don't think this is really that different from their usual town game? probably would've distanced a bit more from kza if w/w? probably would not complain about my "shitty read" on them so much and refuse to townread me this long as a wolf? these reasons are maybe bad?

dyslexicon - shrug, i dunno, hally seemed to think they were fine. i'm having a hard time understanding his reads and perspective on the game.

marluxion - derpclear is whatever, posts are whatever, him wanting to clear me for a random kza post talking to me seemed off

nutella - not vibing at all with her posts but people are declaring her IC so alright

outed wolf - good d1, a little paranoid about his d2 so far

spf - i have no issue with your posts and lightly townread you but it isn't ironclad by any means

sunbae - see above i guess

tangrowth / chloe - see above i guess the sequel

vulgard - don't agree with some of his takes but the effort to solve seems cromulent and arete godreads him town for now so okay

Alison

Post by Alison »

No I just toggled back and forth between catching up and reading the latest page. That's a pretty silly accusation.

I've been honest about my detachment from the thread from literally my first post, and tbh it's also pretty WIM reducing to tell you all that Gavial is town, be proven correct, and then run up for TMI.

I think there is at least 1 in Amy/dya, and [c4, Dizzy] would constitute the rest of my POE. You're an unknown. Vulgard/Sunbae/nutella/Arete/Chloe are not really concerns.

Visor/Zack are in the "idk but they haven't pinged me" category. I see others have suspicions there so since I'm not confident on them my plan is to focus on what I am confident on, specifically my POE and towncore, and just sheep my townreads on Visor/Zack.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'll just go through every player and state whatever thoughts I have on them. All the quotes I wanted to say something about disappeared for me because lol browser. You should probably all be thankful for that though.

@Alison is one player who's suspect to me. The only clear reason I have for thinking she could be town is KZA's defence of her, and the potential of it being TMI. So that is not a lot, compared to others. The reasons I'm suspicious is 1) She has walked back on two scum reads, and I've seen her do this exact thing in all (the two) games I've seen her as mafia. 2) Her posts feels rather scattered and not focused, which I don't associate with her as town. And they just make me feel bad. I feel it's unclear what her solve is. I would love for her to talk about this, because it's possible she literally is genuinely unclear about the solve.

@Amy Some people have mentioned that they read Amy town for tone. I actually tend to think the opposite. I think her tone comes off as "unbothered" with a layer of meh, and I do see this in a lot of scum players. Trying to come off as unbothered, almost as a way of calming oneself. Sorry if this gives "I minored in psychology"-vibes, but it's a thing I've been thinking about her general vibe. However, I don't find the actual things she's saying that disagreeable. I do not have a conclusion here.

@Arete I find myself a bit surprised about how many takes Arete have that I disagree with. They tends to latch onto individual posts and call them towny or suspect, and it often doesn't make sense to me. That said, I do remember having this reaction to both other times where we have played together, and the difference in processing was real. (The surprise probably comes from having a general impression of Arete being levelheaded and reasonable - which may just mean that I'm none of those things, which I can believe!) In any case, I found her response to Chloe early in the day good, and the details of her thoughts seems believable to me. I'm not sure of their wolf range or style, but if there is not major concerns from others, I'm quite ok with Aroot.

@bronana Oof. I feel like I'm a Bronana hater. I'm not sure about this read. I find the circumstances around him to be scummy. The way he interacted with KZA and the way he's not really doing much. The way he says things aren't scummy to me tbh. I do remember he was scum in the Ice Cream hydra game, but I barely paid attention to that game. I'm not confident in this read, because I'm me and I don't tend to be. But I just think his resting vote and (not actual) push of KZA kind of stinks.

@c4e5g3d5 I have never played with him. Dog name sorting with suggest strong scum memememe. Some people found his indignation of being ignored towny, which I'm highly meh on, because I'd rather want him to then get excited to cooperate about the reads instead of just complaining about "I said that first." Play style probably. I do remember at least one, and maybe more, saying that he is different from a recent scum game. So I'm cool with that, but I have not paid much attention to him tbh.

@dyachei Here I feel like I should ISO actually, before even having a take. I don't know. They could be town, absolutely. I really just don't know, which is underwhelming, but it is what it is.

@Marluxion I'm very ready to just take the derp here. Chloe mentioned that Marl was different and weird. And I did go "Oh yeah, I've seen him play, and he do tend to stand out and I town read him easily." But derp. Also, the way he was shading me some times looked very unaware, like he had the right to, which I found towny. I'd say just town.

@nutella Honestly, a lot of what she says is like wtf. Her mind is quite rabbit-y, and I guess that's what's on display. Very likely town from KZA iso. For some reason I have been internally questioning this, but I'm not concerned concerned. Probably town.

@outed wolf It took my some time to have any opinion on Visor at all. Only thing I could say is that I kind of hated his reason for voting Gavial, but probably not that AI. However, I think how he's handling me is towny actually. Cause he seems to be somewhat concerned about me, for somewhat reasonable reasons, and what I liked was that he was asking me about stuff and trying to get more out of, so it seems like he's actually curious. He also seemed patient, or not to rush to conclusions about me. So I get a towny feel that he doesn't know my alignment, but wants to. So I'm leaning town here.

@staypositivefriend Eh. Any concerns I have here could very well be paranoia. I'm a bit neutral honestly, which she may not enjoy especially she's town. But also, she posts dense solving posts. Yay. It's fine. I'm sure I have noticed things I haven't liked, but also things I have liked, and I'm not very confident in being able to solve SPF. It's like fingers crossed she's town amirite, which is lame, but it is what it is at this point.

@sunbae Ok. Actually some non trivial concern here. I don't get a clear feel of them. I can't quite feel them, if that makes any sense what so ever. In a sense, they are quite obviously on the outside, which they have pointed out themselves. But some of their posts feels a bit staccato. I don't really get the best sense of flow from their posts. This is such vibe. But I don't get a town read or a scum read here really. I should probably interact more with them, and have never played with before.

@Chloe Lol at whoever (I think Visor) who said Chloe came off fake or forced or whatever, cause I was thinking I got like drama kid vibes from her (which I personally love, so I hope this is not offensive!). But they really do seem quite theatrical. Her posts are filled with insights to little tangents, what she really thought, like an invite to quite a chaotic process which I can recognise in myself. It's hard to pepper your posts with this as wolf, though certainly possible. I think I can do it myself, but I'm unfamiliar with Chloe's range. I do tend to think she's probably just town, as her detailed thoughts about dreams and what not is … a lot of the things she posts are just so wildly unnecessary details to post as wolf. It would be incredibly try hard. So towny read.

@Vulgard Such analysis wow. If others think Vulgard is town, I'm ok with sleeping this. I did have a probably dumb tinfoil of Dya/Vulgard from two specific posts where Vulgard probably just misspoke to/about Dya. This will later turn out correct, but I will forget it. Jk jk. Probably town then.

---

It's very hard for me to sort now.

But I'll try:

Marl, Vulgard
Nutella, Chloe, Visor

Arete
c4
SPF
Dya, Amy

sunbae
Bronana, Alison

^Null mark would be Dya and Amy, which is probably disappointing to some people that I have them as null, since they have been hot topics this day. I don't actually have any strong scum reads. And I don't find the game to be easy or feel easy.

Currently in support for Alison or Bronana wagons.
Interested in Sunbae.

Very unclear on Amy/Dya, can't speak against or for them. Given time and motivation, this is where I feel I should spend some energy.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pmwell your suspicion seems to mostly be that you don't like the way i pushed a dead wolf and that i was harping on a bad point? i just don't get it, I still stand by the point I made that it was inconsistent and nonsensical - and even if you disagree, I *was* right about his alignment.
Not really.

My suspicion is that your "push" was very weak. Your vote was meaningless and lingering, and your call out was just a gif. All of which would go under "typical" for teammate interaction in my book. Which isn't to say it can't ever happen if you're town.

Yes, your explanation of your gripe with KZA I found shallow. Being right about something for reasons it seems to me like you didn't really research properly.

Thing is, why call it a sequence when it was literally over 10 pages between KZA's posts.
I don't really want to keep discussing exactly this, because I have already made my point and KZA is dead and flipped wolf.
Main thing is that I think it's easier to see how scummates are acting scummy and shade them for things that doesn't really add up that well or is well research, so basically TMI. And I see this interaction as leaning that way.

I really don't think it's that hard to understand me having this suspicion tbh. Though of course, I don't expect you do agree with it.
sort of similarly i don't get the problem with my reply to hally. I don't think I ever said you were "so crazy and trolly to the likes of which nobody had ever seen" or anything like that, just that your play was bizarre which ... it was, you said that yourself iirc. on that when I made the TMI comment to c4 it was because him townreading you after you came in and made a few weird posts, well, seemed like possible TMI to me. Not something I believed super strongly, I was also trying to push his buttons because I'm so sick of people who don't know me or barely know me making "i'd say zack is towny but its zack so i wont" reads in games (I would legitimately rather have people just straight wolfread me without any nebulous references to whatever exaggerated reputation, so thanks for that at least :llama: )
This was probably unclear, but I didn't mean to imply that you had expressed this. This was just me being low key salty about a general thread vibe of brushing my play off as trolly/crazy when I feel like that's not actually true from my perspective. So not much to do with you.

The rest of this, ok.
but to sum up i'm town and all these things you suspect are things I stand by making sense from as a villager and I don't regret any of them. So yeah, I don't understand it, but it would also be pointless to try and convince me that I'm a wolf.

I don't know why nutella likes your case so much but I vaguely remember her constantly tinfoiling me and taking issue with my posts in pyre mafia which was a game I even had unusually good reads. Maybe she just sucks at reading me. :shrug:
Alright, thank you for your reply!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Aaaalisoooon! Please not to omgus but also talk about why I'm in your PoE and how you think about my play!
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

alison i dont think its a stretch to say if you dont do something you are gonna die

so you know, good luck and all
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

Feel like the fact that people I've interacted the most with (due to suspecting them, grilling them, trying to understand them) are finding me to be a pretty clear villager while the people I haven't done that with are just dragging me down their poe should be relevant somehow. I'm going to guess it's due to the fact that the people I was pressing/interacting with actually read my actual-thoughts-on-the-game posts instead of scrolling over them bored and only reading my 1-2 line nonsensical-fun-time posts instead. Which means I need to learn to get across the "here's what I'm thinking about you and why" points in a more clear and concise way I guess?

I should be a pretty obvious villager to anyone that understands me I think? Which I get isn't everyone here so I make posts like this. My main focus is on trying to find wolves instead of trying to push players for wolfy things. I'm also not doing anything weird/wild that looks like busy work in an effort to be town read for it (like, performative). I also don't seem to really care about slipping down too much outside of general musings or "heres how to read me" posts that nobody ever pays attention to but are always accurate. My response to Amy wasn't "oh no why do you think that let's work it out!!!" it was just "lol case me itll be fun then we'll pivot to a wolf later" because I know that if anyone actually read through my posts and interactions with the mentality of "does this guy know the answer already? does he care about figuring it out?" the answers will clearly be no, yes respectively.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:01 pm @sunbae @c4e5g3d5

Lack of a townread. Also lots of big wtf is this guy doing moments, but I haven't put in the work to figure out if they're AI.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:01 pm I have not played with either of you before. What are you doing to solve my alignment here, and is there anything I can do to help with this?
I guess just... talk about things?

My top tier werewolf strategy is "inject entire worldview into SoD wall then fall asleep for 48 hours", so that list still represents my worldview for the most part. Kinda looking like I'll actually need to think about whether to give Zack a pelt for multiple seconds, which is annoying, but I pretty much stand by the rest. Oh and also that was pre-Marl derp, so adjust that.

So I guess the major differences between our lists are Alison, spf and sunbae? Wanna talk about those?
Progression cases are bad.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sunbae wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:20 pm Feel like the fact that people I've interacted the most with (due to suspecting them, grilling them, trying to understand them) are finding me to be a pretty clear villager while the people I haven't done that with are just dragging me down their poe should be relevant somehow. I'm going to guess it's due to the fact that the people I was pressing/interacting with actually read my actual-thoughts-on-the-game posts instead of scrolling over them bored and only reading my 1-2 line nonsensical-fun-time posts instead. Which means I need to learn to get across the "here's what I'm thinking about you and why" points in a more clear and concise way I guess?

I should be a pretty obvious villager to anyone that understands me I think? Which I get isn't everyone here so I make posts like this. My main focus is on trying to find wolves instead of trying to push players for wolfy things. I'm also not doing anything weird/wild that looks like busy work in an effort to be town read for it (like, performative). I also don't seem to really care about slipping down too much outside of general musings or "heres how to read me" posts that nobody ever pays attention to but are always accurate. My response to Amy wasn't "oh no why do you think that let's work it out!!!" it was just "lol case me itll be fun then we'll pivot to a wolf later" because I know that if anyone actually read through my posts and interactions with the mentality of "does this guy know the answer already? does he care about figuring it out?" the answers will clearly be no, yes respectively.
I think it's a bit mffff to claim that people aren't reading your posts. I've spent literal hours on hours reading this game day, so I don't appreciate that, if that was directed to (among others) me.

I don't know you, so I don't know how to read you. It would maybe be helpful if you could tell me a little bit about how you play the game in general, what you typically focus on etc. I have a general idea, but I'd be interested to hear, because it may help me understand you better.

I also had a direct question to you, and I would appreciate if you could answer. I asked about the reason you have me in your PoE. If you don't see town or if you do see mafia, and how much you feel you have investigated this or really however you want to answer.
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

As for some thoughts about things other than the common topic:

- I read through c4's iso again because I was having the nagging suspicion that they've just been kind of happy with the thread position and not trying to push things forward much today. I still feel that's accurate but I think it's more due to the fact that they are ... just happy with the thread position because it's their wolf reads being wagoned. Their posts through day one hit a wide variety of topics, often unprompted, and the way they jumped around from one thing to the next felt seamless and organic. I also still feel that some of the immediate responses of feeling ignored and flustered - along with the feeling of audacity that Alison could think they were a wolf for what they've been posting this game - comes from a villagers mindset rather than a performative wolf one.

- I am keeping Arete's stuff on Vul in the back of my mind because my initial response to Vul's posting this game phase was "This is not a person coming into the thread somewhat embarrassed about missing a god read". The posting Vul has brought today is something that reads fine but I can't shake the feeling that it's the type of busy work I do when I wolf where I show the long, post by post recap breakdown of individual cases as I go down the line of person to person. I feel like a lot of Vul's reads/presentations are just almost in isolation of anything else going on. Arete seems rather confident there and nobody else seems concerned, but I wanted to put it out there anyways.

- I wasn't huge on Tangrowth's posting down the stretch yesterday and I'm not really huge on Chloe's either. However, it does seem like a fair number of people are totally fine with the slot. Feel like letting Chloe get in the groove for the day was a fine place to start but I really haven't seen the wheels start to turn there the way I was hoping for.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:30 pmLack of a townread. Also lots of big wtf is this guy doing moments, but I haven't put in the work to figure out if they're AI.
To be diligent, what are those wtf moments?
I guess just... talk about things?

My top tier werewolf strategy is "inject entire worldview into SoD wall then fall asleep for 48 hours", so that list still represents my worldview for the most part. Kinda looking like I'll actually need to think about whether to give Zack a pelt for multiple seconds, which is annoying, but I pretty much stand by the rest. Oh and also that was pre-Marl derp, so adjust that.

So I guess the major differences between our lists are Alison, spf and sunbae? Wanna talk about those?
I have just talked about every player. Including Alison, SPF and sunbae. I don't know what more I can say about that right now, as basically nothing has happened since. I get to interact a bit with Sunbae now (although I really should be leaving the thread to do shit)

Alison is suspect because her posts feels unfocused and she has done a thing of suspecting people and walking back on it, which I've seen her do lots as mafia. (I haven't actually read this, but it was referred to on D2).

I don't think I can read SPF well. I just haven't made my mind up. Her posts are probably fine and doubt is more paranoia, probably.

Subae, I just don't know well. I don't really have gripes, just a feeling of not getting a grasp of.
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

That's not a slight on anyone, it's a comment about how I need to improve my communication skills since the people I talk *to* like it and the people that read it from the outside aren't really moved by it.

As for my thoughts on you: I have none. You've pressed on Bronana for the KZA sequence. I also have very few thoughts on Bronana. So I'm mulling it over and taking a backseat to how it plays out while I focus elsewhere.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sunbae wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:39 pm That's not a slight on anyone, it's a comment about how I need to improve my communication skills since the people I talk *to* like it and the people that read it from the outside aren't really moved by it.

As for my thoughts on you: I have none. You've pressed on Bronana for the KZA sequence. I also have very few thoughts on Bronana. So I'm mulling it over and taking a backseat to how it plays out while I focus elsewhere.
Alright, fair enough.

I can only speak for myself, but I find it very hard in general to parse everything I read. This game may be "light", but it's dense, and to me it feels hard and is full of good players. I also feel like I'm saying things, and then people talk about it or take what I'm saying in a completely different way.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, I could say this: Thread state worry about my suspicion on Bronana is that most people have just left that alone. I think in general, if Bronana wolf, teammates might want to chime in or say something about it and not just ignore it (???). The fact that Nutella is the only one seeming to care about it at all (with a really ew/lol conclusion of setting it up as an either/or situation, I may add) makes me worry that it's a case of "Lol, let Dizzy do that."

But like, I also don't want to do just that.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sunbae could very well be town, yes. They observations just then are quite good. They may not go anywhere very hard (relatable tbh), but the thought process seems like a real process to me.
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:42 pm
sunbae wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:39 pm That's not a slight on anyone, it's a comment about how I need to improve my communication skills since the people I talk *to* like it and the people that read it from the outside aren't really moved by it.

Alright, fair enough.

I can only speak for myself, but I find it very hard in general to parse everything I read. This game may be "light", but it's dense, and to me it feels hard and is full of good players. I also feel like I'm saying things, and then people talk about it or take what I'm saying in a completely different way.
Dense is a great word for this game. I think I'd get my points across better if I just hit the strong points and kept it to like 2-3 sentences instead of those long, flowing posts towards spf, dya, and amy because it would stand out more.

I think people got turned around once you started talking about it being better to chop villaGav instead of wolfGav and decided you were being "weird" and "trolly" and "just wanting to shake things up". Which was why I was suspicious of Hally at eod. I felt they approached figuring out what you were saying from the starting point of you being a villager and got super sketched out by it. I don't think your posting today has been "weird" or "trolly" or "just wanting to shake things up" so if people are treating you that way I'm not sure why. I've just finished your comments on each player (I just read myself the first time before posting lol) and would like to hear more about the Dya/Vulgard misspeaking thing? Seems relevant to my interests.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291

Post by Amy »

sunbae, you have a gun with 3 bullets. who are you shooting?

feel free to get as "if x, then y" with it as you like

anyone else is free to answer this as well
hope you're having a good day
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

sunbae wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:39 pmI also have very few thoughts on Bronana.
et tu, sunbae? :why:
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

Also, I don't blame people for not reading my posts. I've been boring af this game
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:30 pmLack of a townread. Also lots of big wtf is this guy doing moments, but I haven't put in the work to figure out if they're AI.
To be diligent, what are those wtf moments?
Whatever weird thing you were doing EoD1 that I already forgot about. As you can tell, due diligence is an alien concept to me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm Alison is suspect because her posts feels unfocused and she has done a thing of suspecting people and walking back on it, which I've seen her do lots as mafia. (I haven't actually read this, but it was referred to on D2).
I get all that, but I also think I have a pretty strong reason she's town.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm I don't think I can read SPF well. I just haven't made my mind up. Her posts are probably fine and doubt is more paranoia, probably.
She's playing by discovery this game, and it's usually very easy to tell when she isn't. Her thoughts are fluid and mercurial at the same time, and she's putting her whole brain in the thread, and she's doing so much of it so fast that I'm basically just electing to forget she exists.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm Subae, I just don't know well. I don't really have gripes, just a feeling of not getting a grasp of.
I don't know the guy either. I think he's putting an overwhelming amount of town perspective in the thread, don't know how else to say it.
Progression cases are bad.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

my biggest issue with zack is that it felt like after people started theorizing a me/him/dya wolfteam he kinda... shifted his positioning in the threadstate, such that it more closely aligned with mine and dya's? i can try to elaborate on what i mean by this but i'd have to pull quotes and i'm still kinda multitasking

and like, normally that would be a good thing! cause at the very least i can be secure in my own alignment, so zack agreeing with me should be a good thing

but it just felt... too convenient. and like, if i were a wolf in zack's position, that's probably exactly what i'd do - try to tie myself to a villager(/villagers, if dya is green) and bank on people cooling on the team read when that flip comes back

i have some other concerns about zack but i want to reread to see if they're worth anything

@Dyslexicon you asked me earlier what i meant by not being worried about zack after kza's flip - it was mostly a pretty level 1 "i remember zack wanting to kill kza yesterday, so that's probably a good look for him" sort of thing. i know some people have since cased his kza progression; i haven't had the chance to go back and look at it myself
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:50 pm
sunbae wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:39 pmI also have very few thoughts on Bronana.
et tu, sunbae? :why:
Yeah idk. I feel like I'm usually pretty feel good about your role by now (we've talked multiple times about how quickly I v read you for things that probably aren't alignment indicative and how i'll get owned when you rand wolf for the first time in like 5 years lol) and I just haven't had that feeling yet. But it's possibly a me thing cause I've been pretty detached from the going ons this game. Feels like most of the game is big back and forth interactions between two people, thread settles, two new people take over, repeat. Very little cohesion or working together. It's almost like it's a bunch of individuals trying to solve on their own and very little groupwork. And, frankly, it's not a job I'm really up for on this one you know? Like, I was gonna not werewolf til Anni at least but this game looked fun and with a great list of people I knew and people I wish i did.

So ultimately I just sit back and go "im sure itll come eventually" and wait
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

i'm also looking to clear up people's issues re: my slot, so @ me with concerns (that aren't tonal, obviously) and hopefully i can explain my mindset to a satisfactory degree
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

If I ignore arete and vulgard godreading each other town, I'm not sure how villagy I actually think they are

maybe they're w/w and playing it up for theater, but I feel like this saying that:

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:55 pm my biggest issue with zack is that it felt like after people started theorizing a me/him/dya wolfteam he kinda... shifted his positioning in the threadstate, such that it more closely aligned with mine and dya's? i can try to elaborate on what i mean by this but i'd have to pull quotes and i'm still kinda multitasking

and like, normally that would be a good thing! cause at the very least i can be secure in my own alignment, so zack agreeing with me should be a good thing

but it just felt... too convenient. and like, if i were a wolf in zack's position, that's probably exactly what i'd do - try to tie myself to a villager(/villagers, if dya is green) and bank on people cooling on the team read when that flip comes back

i have some other concerns about zack but i want to reread to see if they're worth anything

@Dyslexicon you asked me earlier what i meant by not being worried about zack after kza's flip - it was mostly a pretty level 1 "i remember zack wanting to kill kza yesterday, so that's probably a good look for him" sort of thing. i know some people have since cased his kza progression; i haven't had the chance to go back and look at it myself

if you are a villager, and i was a wolf, in this gamestate ... I would just be trying to kill you. :srsnod:

why would i even be trying to tie myself to you when you are ahead of me in the POE idgi, I'm under suspicion but I've never felt like me dying today was a serious threat.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@sunbae I found the things that made me tinfoil Dya/Vulgard.
May or may not be extremely dumb.
Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:32 amI'm kinda townreading Dya for their consistent frustration over being scumread, but at the same time I can only mildly townread them for it for so long. This and their Alison scumread they've been repping for a while are the only things I remember Dya doing, while most other players have voiced reads on every other player in the game, done significant analysis, etc.
Using the word "repping" is interesting, because it doesn't signal to me a mindframe that it's a read Dya is having, but rather projecting.

However, first of all, lol language. And I also gathered that Vulgard, from what I understand, is not a native English speaker like myself. And I myself may misread the significance of this particular word here. But it crossed my mind.
Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:32 am I think I've been fairly consistent in saying that you haven't been exclusively tunneling Alison, but that your read on Alison is definitely the highlight of your contributions so far. It's the first thing I associate with you in this game, outside of the constant defensive attitude. The defensive attitude part is something I could see being NAI based on how I saw you play as town sometimes, but yeah.

Speaking of reads outside of Alison, do the flips give you more reads outside of Alison? What do you think @ my townread of Alison?
Also this. I don't quite understand, because they say the defensive attitude could be NAI based on how they have seen Dya as town. Does this mean that Dya is not town here? Is it meant to say "based on how I saw you play as scum"? Am I reading this wrong or reading too much into this?

To be clear, I actually read Vulgard as more town. And I don't really have a read on Dya. But these are two things that crossed my mind, and they are very detailed, so it may just be me reading too much into things.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I agree with Zack (WOW) and maybe others said it as well, but Amy/Dya seems like a really weird team composition to me. If they are, it's intentionally weird, which almost never happens.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:50 pm sunbae, you have a gun with 3 bullets. who are you shooting?

feel free to get as "if x, then y" with it as you like

anyone else is free to answer this as well
Alison!

If town - Bronana!
If scum - Amy?

I tried going further, but I can't. :shrug2:
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:04 pm I agree with Zack
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:53 pmWhatever weird thing you were doing EoD1 that I already forgot about. As you can tell, due diligence is an alien concept to me.
Lol. I mean, I said we should keep Gavial, cause I thought he was mafia and about to spew his whole team.
I get all that, but I also think I have a pretty strong reason she's town.
I'll recheck this reason.
She's playing by discovery this game, and it's usually very easy to tell when she isn't. Her thoughts are fluid and mercurial at the same time, and she's putting her whole brain in the thread, and she's doing so much of it so fast that I'm basically just electing to forget she exists.

I don't know the guy either. I think he's putting an overwhelming amount of town perspective in the thread, don't know how else to say it.
Thanks for these perspectives! I would not at all be surprised to find either of these town, seems pretty likely.

Return to “Previous Rackets”