Chloe
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by Chloe »

actually

[VOTE: Dyachei] aubergine

still plan on the ISO in the mornin' but yeah this is where my head is at with these 2 wagons

goodnight!
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:41 amdizzy's treatment of seth is a big ol' whatze fuck but so incredibly unnecessary and against the grain as a wolf that i feel it's villagery
For the last time. My treatment of Gavial was that I thought it was likely he was mafia, and I wanted him to spew the fuck out of his teammates. I have just finished a game where us two were the mafia team, and he death tunnelled me for no reason from the get go, and it looked very janky, so if he was mafia I wanted to give him ample opportunity to get messy in the thread and create more stuff around him.

I've explained this a few times now. I don't really see what's so crazy about it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

oof yeah that tmi point is a good catch. I really do keep thinking that dya has not been actually trying to solve my alignment

mrrr yeah

[VOTE: dya] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Dyachei] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:49 am
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:41 amdizzy's treatment of seth is a big ol' whatze fuck but so incredibly unnecessary and against the grain as a wolf that i feel it's villagery
For the last time. My treatment of Gavial was that I thought it was likely he was mafia, and I wanted him to spew the fuck out of his teammates. I have just finished a game where us two were the mafia team, and he death tunnelled me for no reason from the get go, and it looked very janky, so if he was mafia I wanted to give him ample opportunity to get messy in the thread and create more stuff around him.

I've explained this a few times now. I don't really see what's so crazy about it.
@Chloe I just realised you probably haven't read my explanations for this, so fair comment on your end. I just got annoyed because I feel like I've explained this a lot. And it's like people are asking "Why would scum do this" and come up with "No compute", but they don't ask "Why would town do this" and then take into account the actual reason why. (Or at least one of the reasons, other being I just wanted to create [stuff])
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 am wait what the fuck do my remaining posts carry over to tomorrow?

i've never played with something like that

this is amazing
they dont you get 100 each day which is why my cap for today is like 180 something
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Alison wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:08 pm
dyachei wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:03 pm
bronana wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:02 pm I'm not sure why amy and dya have to be aligned with each other at all
because alison is omgusing
I am yes.

I did not put Amy and you into a team together, I just said you two were my suspects.
Alison wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:09 pm I think in this specific state my OMGUSes are a lot more likely to be correct than usual so I would appreciate if people didn't brush it off as "oh she's just OMGUSing".
this is a v strange string of posts
it just doesnt feel genuine?
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

also i reiso'd dya and the abrasiveness of their wolfgame is apparent at the start, imo

it's only after i mentioned it that they seemingly dropped it
idk if they're adjusting their playstyle in an attempt to get me to v read them or if they're just village who got super annoyed early with zach and visor

dya did say they thought amy was town and they wanted alison to go over instead which is kinda a good-ish look after amy's claim but idk
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

I'm becoming increasingly more partial to killing dya today.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:16 am
bronana wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:02 pm I'm not sure why amy and dya have to be aligned with each other at all
I am yes.

I did not put Amy and you into a team together, I just said you two were my suspects.
Alison wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:09 pm I think in this specific state my OMGUSes are a lot more likely to be correct than usual so I would appreciate if people didn't brush it off as "oh she's just OMGUSing".
If you think Alison's posts are wolfy, is dya bussing Alison?
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

i think alison and dya do have some potential as partners just because of the way they've been treating each other
it feels like dya and soah in reflections a bit
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:22 am
Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:16 am
I am yes.

If you think Alison's posts are wolfy, is dya bussing Alison?
lol xpost
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

if people who know how to read dyachei think they are a wolf i'm not going to shield them

i really felt like they were being genuine in the post i was talking about a bit ago but i have never managed to successfully find dyachei as town when i'm town like

ever

not even once i dont think
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm not going to go Alison because I think she's town. And I'm not confident enough on Sunbae/Zack/Visor to go in any of those directions. Dya it is, and I hope it's a hit.
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Why do you think alison is town? explain your read to me like i'm 5

Also nearing single digit posts left entering emergency conserve mode
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:21 am I'm becoming increasingly more partial to killing dya today.
Why?
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

- Literally all my townreads are currently suspicious of Dya. Just look at the dya wagon formation.
- I think Alison is town and dya is the only current alternative. This is a less important point, because I could start a new train, but still.
- I don't want to defend a wolf for t0an like an idiot. My reasons to townread Dya are fairly nebulous. While I believe in them, I look at the arguments of several players why dya is a wolf and think they don't quite hold up. On day 1, I insisted on getting my wolfread killed above all else, despite Arete saying Gavial could've been a villager, and it backfired on me hard. It's possible dya is a wolf and I'm just not seeing it. Following the thread consensus at least this one time shouldn't cause major repercussions even if it is wrong.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

If it were entirely up to me, I would start a case on Zack, but I don't have a coherent case against him beyond "I think he TMIed Gavial as V and his posts have been more underwhelming to me than the posts of most other players in this game" and that seems significantly less likely to lead to a hit than the literal dozens of claims leveraged against dya by players I townread. I could be right on Zack but that doesn't mean I can't vote dya. We do have three wolves alive and it's not like these two can't be W/W (as far as I can tell without a deep ISO dive, which I am NOT going to do unless dya flips red).
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:35 am - I think Alison is town
yes but why
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:56 am The - s are in chronological order.

Alison:

- Assumes that Gavial is "anti-town" rather than "mafia" in her very first post about Gavial. Calls his behavior NAI despite the presence of metareads in the thread at that point. (Nevermind that those meta reads were wrong, this is still important.)
- Calls Gavial "rand" and calls the people who vote for him based on him being anti-town "lazy."
- Claims Dizzy defending Gavial is a good look for Dizzy because it'd be a bad move for wolf!Dizzy regardless of Gavial's alignment. I actually agree with this point. Mentions that there's a solid chance of Gavial being a wolf.
- Responds to Amy's wolfread on Gavial by saying she isn't closed off to the possibility of Gavial being mafia.
- "I'm not ready to lock Gavial town." Weird progression jump there. It's like she's bouncing around a limbo where she sometimes implies Gavial's town and sometimes doesn't. This megahedge is odd.
- Calls Gavial's level of caring about the game NAI, thus continuing to refuse to call Gavial's alignment.
- Claims she isn't a Gavial expert.
- Continues to push the line that Gavial's NAI to her.
- Calls Gavial's VT claim kinda towny.

I... think this looks towny when viewed as a whole and in-context? KZA was the main CW yesterday, and KZA was a wolf. Alison spending the entire day refusing to call Gavial's alignment doesn't seem like a wolf play. I think she'd take one of two stances here: either bus or just push Gavial and listen to people's metareads. I'd even argue doing the latter benefits Alison more - not only does she get a misyeet, but she takes no blame for it, since she had given a lot of consideration toward Gavial's alignment and she wasn't the person with the mistaken metareads on Gavial. Her calling Gavial's VT claim "kinda towny" close to EoD also makes it more likely KZA gets yeeted, which prevents the wolves from getting a rolecop check. Their chances of getting it were tiny last night, since KZA was always getting vigged (they'd have to RB exactly the vig), and KZA would go day 2 anyway in that case. Still, it would be beneficial for the wolves (1 rolecop check is better than 0), and Alison didn't go for it. My impression of her wolfgame is that she knows what's optimal and what isn't. In that case, she didn't have much to lose by just accepting the Gavial push and joining it. In fact, her contrarian stance on Gavial is what got her scumread in the first place, yet another point in favor of Alison being town.

Might not be able to get all of these out, but I wanted to get this one out specifically.
ImageImageImage
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

....none of that screams town to me even remotely vulgard
not at all

she did the exact same thing in deck mafia by pushing one of her mates (ONLU) when it wasn't even close to necessary just because he was a lhf

nothing in that is doing it for more on alison and i'm kinda surprised it is doing anything for you
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ountainous

skim her iso in this game if you have time
the full scumteam is me, alison, onlu, duck, and chelsea
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:13 amfor more
for me**
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Alison »

Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:47 am
Alison wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 pm No I just toggled back and forth between catching up and reading the latest page. That's a pretty silly accusation.

I've been honest about my detachment from the thread from literally my first post, and tbh it's also pretty WIM reducing to tell you all that Gavial is town, be proven correct, and then run up for TMI.

I think there is at least 1 in Amy/dya, and [c4, Dizzy] would constitute the rest of my POE. You're an unknown. Vulgard/Sunbae/nutella/Arete/Chloe are not really concerns.

Visor/Zack are in the "idk but they haven't pinged me" category. I see others have suspicions there so since I'm not confident on them my plan is to focus on what I am confident on, specifically my POE and towncore, and just sheep my townreads on Visor/Zack.
do you have no take on me at all? we just wolfed together in deck mafia so i find it hard to believe you'd have absolutely nothing to say about me at all
I've been saying you're town.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Amy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:15 am
Amy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:07 am i'm tired and i wanna make sure people still have posts

@Alison
@Arete
@bronana
@c4e5g3d5
@dyachei
@Dyslexicon
@Gavial
@Hally
@Marluxion
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@nutella
@outed wolf
@staypositivefriend
@sunbae
@Tangrowth
@Vulgard

hardclaim tracker

n1 zack no visit

be here in earnest in like 10 minutes
@Alison
@Arete
@c4e5g3d5
@dyachei
@Dyslexicon
@Marluxion
@sunbae

skipped the people who were already here

also i didnt even proofread the first list so probably for the best that i get a mulligan
ok

[VOTE: dyachei] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

Marluxion wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:13 am ....none of that screams town to me even remotely vulgard
not at all

she did the exact same thing in deck mafia by pushing one of her mates (ONLU) when it wasn't even close to necessary just because he was a lhf

nothing in that is doing it for more on alison and i'm kinda surprised it is doing anything for you
this statement about deck mafia is factually inaccurate

ONLU was straight griefing that game and I tried to protect him as long as possible
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 60
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Be aware that I will be unable to end the day phase today. Our moderator on duty @dunya has the necessary information however and will be here to help me out. She will end the day and post the night phase lecture and quiz. You can still direct any questions to me (or to both of us), and I will periodically be checking my phone. Forgive me if I am a bit slower to reply. Please don't interact with this post. Thank you.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Not cc'ing

Someone gimme the rundown of how the dya wagon dissolved so quickly back when it did before I have to use actual effort to pull it up myself
It started with spf's Alison vote right?
Progression cases are bad.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

[VOTE: alison] aubergine

We should keep the wagons close

I switched to do so

Doubt I'll here for EOD

Glglglgllg
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison
23%

Voters: bronana, Dyslexicon, Amy, dyachei, staypositivefriend

Amy
27%

Voters: Vulgard, Chloe, Arete, Alison, nutella, outed wolf

I thought I'd have something useful to say about this
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Yeah, I thought the shift off of dya could've easily been wolfbros helping them out, but... I'm not seeing any glaring signs of agenda-y votes here from a skim. I guess in a game where everyone's sorta isolated in their solving, things just happen when they want to happen, and it's not all wolves pulling strings.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I have to admit I'm whelmed by Alison's recent posting, even while taking into consideration the fact she's (presumably) not caught up.
ImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Uh...
Unless it's exactly dya Dizzy Zack, I might need to pull out the zomg everyone so villagery soon.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Why are you preflipping Dya as a wolf?
ImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:15 am Why are you preflipping Dya as a wolf?
I... think they're a wolf

But I don't need to think they're a wolf to say something that looks like a save attempt looks like a save attempt.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Arete wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:42 pm @dyachei can you give examples of (non-incompetent) wolves having bad progression in the specific way that you're accusing c4 of having bad progression (literally 180ing on previous strong reads with no explanation)? I'm trying to figure out if we have a legitimate difference in opinion on how wolves tend to play vs. whether you're just making things up
@Arete I can't give examples because I don't remember exactly which games they're from. My mind doesn't really work like that. Worse than his progression was his refusal to help me understand it. Yeah, yeah, I know I demanded posts but he didn't even share the general strokes of why spf was suddenly a villager to him and it was a sudden change.
nutella wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:54 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:18 am i looked through the majority of alison's ISO last night and still came out of it feeling cold and indifferent - i have never been in a game with her before where i have been so apathetic about her posts, and that includes a wolfgame i just saw from her where she was putting in similar lack of effort. i have genuinely been wondering if alison plans to die and has been effectively in some form of anti-spew, because the lack of content even relating to the people that she's focusing on is just surreal, and i don't know what i'm supposed to make of it. she's in my POE.
yeah i agree with this
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:18 am i've spoken at length about my concerns with dyachei, and they are concerns that are still resonating in the back of my mind even as i've held back on my push for the latter half of this dayphase. i feel that dyachei and i are looking at very different games. they are suspicious of c4 and nutella even though those two are some of my strongest villager reads. they scumread alison even though their reasoning for scumreading alison has primarily fallen flat for me. (specifically, the logic about alison being informed by her partners that dyachei was calling gavial anti-town just Does Not Make Sense to me. i don't get it! it doesn't feel like a villagery thought process to have.) i do feel that dyachei's posts have overall improved in tone and energy today, but i'm not there on them being a villager at all. dyachei is in my POE.
this too -- i think it's a helpful articulation that dya is sticking with the old and imo weak reasons to suspect alison

man i really dont know what to do with this dichotomy atm lol

i was somewhat concerned about visor/alison as a pair and that was exacerbated with visor's reactions to when alison popped in thinking it was eod. that was all weird vibes
no, I'm not sticking with old reasons. More proof you're not reading my posts. That's what started my suspicion. As the game has gone on and alison hasn't done more, my suspicion has grown. She's given me no reason to see her as a villager.

At least be honest with my reasons for reading alison the way I am. It's shit like this that has me doubting you
sunbae wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:17 am Sometimes when a situation is really making me struggle it helps to break down the problem into smaller pieces and find a solution that covers all of them:

Main Problem: I am having difficulty parsing the Dya/Alison stuff

Mini Problem #1: I do not feel like Alison has provided much in terms of large scale takes this game. I do not believe Alison has attempted to discern the alignment of various players but rather has started with a conclusion on said players and argued from there when it was relevant to the discussion. I also believe that - from what I've heard about Alison - town Alison would be quite insightful and bringing their own point of view to the table, making me think about various things in new ways this game.

Mini Problem #2: I do not feel like Dya has stretched out their world view at all nor have really been trying to solve the game as a whole. Rather it's been a lot more of a narrow swath of focus (unless specifically asked) and a constant reiteration of the main day 1 read.

Mini Problem #1 & #2 issues: Alison and Dya have been after each other since midway through day 1. I do not know which person to believe here. I spent some time pushing Dya and spent more time defending Dya and being skeptical of Alison.

Mini Problem #3: Both of these players have been declared highly likely wolves from multiple players in the game.

Mini Problem #4: Both of them have basically dismissed any pressure in their direction (sounds like OMGUS is the phrase being used often? But I think thats the gist of it).

Potential Solution?: Dya was called wolf early. Began to attack Alison. Alison was getting town reads early. People started to believe Dya instead. Both players pretty much froze in place as that happened. Neither branched out too much. Neither started solving around their wolf read. They've spun their wheels on each other. KZA died overnight. Both of them are just pretty down and disheartened. They are both wolves that were going for some distance and got locked into a situation they didn't know how to handle. My difficulty in parsing this interaction is because the answer is *both* of them rather than one.

Probability? Uncertain. Does it answer all of my issues? It would. Gonna ponder overnight.
I'm always called wolf early. It's a thing and I hate it
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:59 am I think Alison's competent enough to do this as a wolf, but I still think she is a villager. @ Chloe

@ visor That part is weird because like. That's not what was happening day 1. Day 1 Amy had a few posts where it looked like she was pocketing dya and dya proceeded to townread her. Come today, Amy is now wolfreading Dya and Dya is townreading Amy. I'm not sure why she'd turn on someone who townreads her if she were a wolf, especially today, when far fewer people townread her. What would be the point of the day 1 thing then? It's possible she's following the thread's concerns about Dya in an effort to stay alive, but it seems counterproductive for wolf!Amy to do.

As for what it means about Dya, I don't know. I feel like townreading Amy in this situation is anti-wincon for their wolfgame, since they could just flip their read on Amy like Amy flipped her read on them. It would be justified. But then again, it literally doesn't matter to dya since dya's been insistent on pushing Alison all game. Besides, I've just checked ISOs and while Amy's shifting her read on Dya, Dya doesn't seem to be paying attention to it at all. I'm not sure if v!Dya ignores that.

There's also the fact you say Amy's wolfreading Dya, but Amy's currently voting on the same wagon as Dya.

Amy's wolfread on Alison is weird. Her only reasoning for putting her toward the bottom of her readlist (apparently) is that she isn't comfortable voting anywhere else. This was earlier during day 2. She also says that Alison is playing an underwhelming game if town. I... don't see many other explanations for why she even wolfreads Alison. She should be townreading Dya based on this mindset as well, since Dya is by far the strongest Alison pusher in this game and Amy calls an Alison vote her most comfortable vote. Her shifting her read on Dya should mean something for her Alison read as well, no? I'd be more okay with it if Amy straight up said the Alison voting was self-pres, but she claims to genuinely believe Alison is a likely wolf - yet I find it hard to find any arguments for it in her ISO. The read just looks fake and birthed from a self-preservation instinct.
Amy is just town
Chloe wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:41 am continuing through d1:

multiple people have brought up c4's shortened readslists and asked him to please stop using that formatting. it actually kinda rubs me the wrong way that hes pretty much ignoring requests to cooperate. maybe hes smug town that wont change his playstyle to appeal to the masses but i feel like he'd state that somewhere?

just had a really dumb chloe moment
thought someone tmi'd their buddy but then realized i just suck at reading
lol

dizzy's treatment of seth is a big ol' whatze fuck but so incredibly unnecessary and against the grain as a wolf that i feel it's villagery

spf actually bothering to interact with seth and trying to dig into his brain is a good look as it seems the consensus is to just brush him off as wolfy and accept that he's the chop. no dunk-fest or painting him in a bad light. this doesnt feel like the spf i saw in CoV either. no indication of hardbussing for the c r e d, and her posts dont feel overly padded? also a distinct lack of lampshading which is good
(i'll also add on that her progression on me doesnt give me any bad vibes)
tossing out the How To Find SPF As Town guide pretty early on initially felt premature to me and very out of place. didnt like it. im usually not a fan of that type of thing. though upon re-read im actually leaning in the opposite direction now. its ever-so-slightly townie to break the flow of the thread willingly.. and at the same time doing something blatantly gross (self-meta! woo!) yet her post doesn't feel like shes using it as a crutch or gaslighting (for lack of a better word) the thread into thinking shes been villagery af bro! (either of which i'd expect from a wolf more than just a 'hi heres a little thing on how to figure me out. do with it what you will i guess' and leaving it at that)
reading the whole sunbae/spf interaction with a clearer mind makes me realize i was pretty damn conf-biased my first time around just because of how icky i found the guide in general, and i kinda.. wanted her to be a wolf a little bit? still think sunbae DIVING in and going ham, as well as the follow-up discussion with spf, is fairly villagery

this isnt really the type of associative-read i'd expect from a woofer? this is a read i think applies *much* more to anyone newer to wolfing, or fm in general, but it goes a level deeper than what i'm used to seeing from wolves so ye its a good vibe

pretty much every new nut posts just solidifies my read there
on a related note i didnt mention this earlier i dont think (?) but i think the fact that dya hasnt found nut when im like.. really confident there, is concerning? im see-saw between it being wolfy and it being villagery but i dont really understand it at this point - and from what i saw it was mostly based on the fact that shes not as.. bouncy as they're used to? @dyachei i can you expand on your nut read for me please? i could be getting snowed, but i really dont think i am. i'd appreciate a more fleshed out post or two that i can dig into please (will check and make sure i didnt miss anything from you wrt nut after im done with this)

im reading through alison's take regarding seth and i can see an argument for it being tmi - but i dont get why she would do that and what she thinks she gets from his flip? she'd have to know she'd look bad? like, if shes a wolf i cant help but get the feeling shes positioning herself to be bussed and put the other wolves in a better position, but also.. we're down a wolf and thats super risky and not optimal. im preflipping a bit but if alison flips wolf PR i think dya is just lickity lock. if she flips goon i think theres a chance she could be being bussed *i guess* (heavily heavily doubt tbqh) but i dont fully feel like fully entertaining either of these worlds without a flip. i personally think shes flippin v.

lol @ nut just assuming seth is a wolf lmao - then in the next post remembering wolf prs exist. like cmonn the girl is a villager

feel like arete would just be contributing to the dunk-fest on seth and moreso trying to stop people from finding him, rather than bringing up actual legitimate points in his favor. not a very strong read of mine since i didnt see a lot of action to back up their words and this is mostly based on What I Expect From Wolfrete but yeah its a better look than not tbh. and their fear that they'll be paired with seth if he flips w is kinda pure yeah

this post from hally has good thoughts wrt marl - i vibe with them
the series of posts here has some of the upbeat chaotic energy i expect from villamorl

i'm a HUGE sucker for emotions and seeing dya get upset at how people are treating them is hard for me to not assign some townpoints. otherwise i dont have many thoughts on them wrt d1 (but ugh this feels TMI-y considering their read on nut :/)
if wagons stay like this i'll probably be going dya just because of a few things i find as somewhat townie from alison
dya is my first iso to look into in the morning

ohmygod im finally caught up on everything
i finally understand what the hell is happening in this game lmao
i can see clearly now, the rain is gone

bye
Chloe, what do you find villagery from alison? that she seemingly has no agenda? And while I bus as a wolf, I never bus like this
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm going to hold off on voting until EoD.
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

oh my read on nutella is that nutella is light v. There have been a couple things today that lead me to that including her OMGUS voting. What I don't like is that she has been misconstruing or misrepping my posts all fucking day
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

also can people like @sunbae stop calling me dejected? Cuz I'm not at all. I'm *still* excited to play this game even with the shitty reads on me. I was just busy with work yesterday, especially in the afternoon.

I'm not dejected so stop trying to attach words like that to me
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

A part of my brain just wants to meme all over this situation. I'm starting to understand Dizzy's point of view.
ImageImageImage
Chloe
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Chloe »

Alison *continuing* to do nothing is a huge Whatze Fuck moment and im starting to wonder if shes just in antispew

I dont get it

---

I'll respond to pings and catch up fully in a bit when im free but
yeah

Idk what the heck shes doing regardless of alignment anymore

Expected to wake up to *something* lol
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I call Alison a villager, then she re-enters the thread and does this.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Help me.
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:31 pm I call Alison a villager, then she re-enters the thread and does this.
yeah alison isn't a villager
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

I don't think dya is a wolf. it's possible I'm wrong of course, I'll deservedly eat shit if I am, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think they're just town and they have also been on Alison's case all game who is also the person I want to kill. I have not seen any compelling reason to think Alison is a villa, she is putting surprisingly little effort in to solve the game.

it's odd, I would have expected the votes to shift to Alison after Amy's claim, but dya is now in the lead by 3 votes, and one of the alison voters is visor who has been one of the hardest dya pushers this game. dark forces etc

I kinda think Chloe is just a wolf regardless of whether there are 0, 1, or 2 wolves in alison/dya. this one's harder to explain and I'll need to go look back at stuff to flesh it out more / check myself. tangy has been an obvious villager for me every game I've played with her, and this time she just wasn't and the progression on kza also looks bad. I agree to some extent with visor's take on Chloe's posts, a lot of repetition and catch up walls that seem like busy work I'm sure she is capable of posting as mafia. I can't put my finger quite on it but their reads are developing in this weird way that seems more like a hyper aware reaction to the game state than a natural development .

in any case most everyone wants to see Alison/dya resolved before they'll entertain Chloe, and I think I also want to see that resolved first too but I wanted to put this out there. not sure who the third wolf is (for some reason I want to say Sunbae? meh) need some time to figure out that one and it's putting the cart before the horse regardless.
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

maybe dizzy

shrug
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

Guess I should probably settle in and organize some thoughts huh
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

It genuinely feels like Alison's antispewing.
ImageImageImage
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

Bronana, idk I feel like I've struck a really nice balance about getting thoughts into the thread that show my thought processes pretty in depth while not taking over the game/narrative and allowing others to determine what they want to talk about. I think after Rocks Fall I had shifted too much into "try to run point as thread captain" to pretty disastrous results. Then you have a game where a bunch of players know each other but I don't know them and this seems like a pretty solid approach?

I guess I understand why some people have me as uncertain and falling down their POE since they keep saying they don't know what kind of wolf I can be or something, but I felt like the you/outed wolf/dya/amy group should have been pretty on board with how I've worked this game. Especially you and Outed Wolf. There's just no real way that I can fake some of the threads I've been pulling imo and I think my overall mindset is just obviously me-trying-to-chill-and-solve-but-also-stressing-cause-im-addicted-to-werewolf and not me-trying-to-be-evil-and-push-agenda.
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

I don't really think there's much to actually discuss about the chop today just like yesterday. We've had it lined up for like 36 hours. I think either this game is pretty easy or it's about to be really hard but there's not much we can do in the hard worlds until tomorrow.

I have zero experience with Alison but people that do are saying things like anti-spew and that it's a wolf slot so I'll just shrug and hope I guess. I've recognized Chloe's thing about "wouldn't wolf Alison try to claim if they thought it was eod" and I think it makes some sense but, again, there's a lot of people that feel pretty good about this one so shrug.

I'll probably just sponge Amy today when it comes down to it?

I think a helpful exercise would be for people to spend some posts today discussing the group of Outed Wolf, Marl, Dysl, and Chloe. I feel like these are the four people that most of the thread hasn't really had too many comments on their posts as a whole. It's been a fair amount of talk about small specific things but not the overall body of work and I think all of us resetting and getting a good, comfortable read of that slice of the game can help solidify our views pretty well. I think I'm going to spend time today Iso'ing all 4 and coming up with something concrete there.

Return to “Previous Rackets”