Re: Game of Champions 2022 D1

Post by Michelle »

Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:52 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:42 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:38 pm
Spoiler: show
Dennis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:33 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:29 pm My thoughts on game state are thus:

There's a lot of weakarse wolf-reading going on, often for reasons that are trope 'that's wolfy' on stuff thats NAI. It's been hard to sort real suspicion from day one shitposting suspicion/reaction fishing for me.

There's been two things that I think are genuinely suspicion in a 'wolves there' way. The first is the suspicion on Kate, which is clearly not based in the thread at all and is entirely manufactured and hasn't gone away. The other is the number of people who are in the 'too many players, I'll wait to solve until later'. Michelle and Dennis I remember on that front, but there's more I need to check back on to remember exactly who. It's being used as a justification for why reads are hedgy/aren't good. Those are the two areas I'm currently focused on in wolf-hunting as most likely to be fruitful.

While I think the wolfhunting is weak, I've seen what I feel like is some genuinely good effort towards town-hunting. I have good vibes on at least neon, cape, nut, scotty, seanzie, lily from it, probably more that I would remember if I looked at the playerlist.

Also, from my perspective the most relevant solvey point I have to make is:
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:08 am So I just read the rules and the rules expressly provide for BSG-style mafia.

My posts about having no evidence of TMI was thinking of two mafia sets but that seems unlikely based on rules as drafted. Reads as one mafia with a search mechanic. Still, though, I’d be hesitant at considering anyones townread as coming from TMI… the mafia appear to have as much interest in establishing honest town and wolfreads as anyone else, which means imo we need to rate ‘false read’ perspectives as less likely to be correct than they would usually be.
I hate that I'm in that group because it's accurate

I am genuinely trying for the record
I'd be interested in knowing the order that people brought that up, tbh. If you were first, that's slightly mitigating. Someone started a trend.
I don't think I ever outright said that because it gives me vibes like people saying "I'm too laaazzzyyy" as an excuse for not like brushing their teeth or something. Just kinda annoying

And me not really wanting to play due to size only came up later so I don't think I was first

What do you mean "slightly mitigating"? Mitigating what exactly?
"This game is too big, I'll only start solving when the player count is smaller" is a thing that has been said by multiple people that I think is, on average, wolf-leaning. It's great to have an excuse for not solving too much when you're a wolf.
I said it, Guillo said it, and who else?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Michelle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:02 pm

There's a lot of weakarse wolf-reading going on, often for reasons that are trope 'that's wolfy' on stuff thats NAI. It's been hard to sort real suspicion from day one shitposting suspicion/reaction fishing for me.

There's been two things that I think are genuinely suspicion in a 'wolves there' way. The first is the suspicion on Kate, which is clearly not based in the thread at all and is entirely manufactured and hasn't gone away. The other is the number of people who are in the 'too many players, I'll wait to solve until later'. Michelle and Dennis I remember on that front, but there's more I need to check back on to remember exactly who. It's being used as a justification for why reads are hedgy/aren't good. Those are the two areas I'm currently focused on in wolf-hunting as most likely to be fruitful.

While I think the wolfhunting is weak, I've seen what I feel like is some genuinely good effort towards town-hunting. I have good vibes on at least neon, cape, nut, scotty, seanzie, lily from it, probably more that I would remember if I looked at the playerlist.

Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:08 am So I just read the rules and the rules expressly provide for BSG-style mafia.

My posts about having no evidence of TMI was thinking of two mafia sets but that seems unlikely based on rules as drafted. Reads as one mafia with a search mechanic. Still, though, I’d be hesitant at considering anyones townread as coming from TMI… the mafia appear to have as much interest in establishing honest town and wolfreads as anyone else, which means imo we need to rate ‘false read’ perspectives as less likely to be correct than they would usually be.

I'd be interested in knowing the order that people brought that up, tbh. If you were first, that's slightly mitigating. Someone started a trend.
I don't think I ever outright said that because it gives me vibes like people saying "I'm too laaazzzyyy" as an excuse for not like brushing their teeth or something. Just kinda annoying

And me not really wanting to play due to size only came up later so I don't think I was first

"This game is too big, I'll only start solving when the player count is smaller" is a thing that has been said by multiple people that I think is, on average, wolf-leaning. It's great to have an excuse for not solving too much when you're a wolf.
I didn't say it, but I sure as hell have thought it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

*adds names to list titled "people to shoot tonight"*
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1220

Post by Golden »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:05 pm

Thinking it but solving anyway is town-leaning.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
☆Princess Abigail☆

*reads list*

Damn it's like a lot of people.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 138
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

I think it would be really funny if a town vig shot Neon tonight
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

This game is too big. I’ll start solving later when there are fewer people.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:08 pm This game is too big. I’ll start solving later when there are fewer people.
Cad
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 426

Post by sig »

Dennis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:08 pm I think it would be really funny if a town vig shot Neon tonight
Is this a role hint or a random observation
ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Dennis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:08 pm I think it would be really funny if a town vig shot Neon tonight
I think it would be even funnier if a mafia vig shot me tonight

ImageImage

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Guillo voting for Kate AND saying he wasn't going to solve until later takes him from my town reads to my scum reads in a flash.

I'll go back and read the 30-40 zone properly later. If there's anyone else they're in there.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Michelle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:45 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:36 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:23 pm
Michelle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:22 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:21 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:19 pm kate/golden/sabi/creature/marmot/rondo/party crashers/michelle/lily/urist town
nutella too
Why is lily town?
because she's being confident and assertive

there is solving
I'm shooting the next person who uses this as a reason to TR someone
I find this extreme and I don't like this mindset
Is this a alignment valuation? I think Neon's post is NAI at best, and honestly, probably more leaning townie than not, but I agree it is a bit extreme.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

[VOTE: Guillotine] aubergine
☆Princess Abigail☆

I mean yes

There's like one obvious reason why I'm always going to get shot tonight but still

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I don't think is AI per se
Especially in a game with so much fluff

Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 470

Post by Creature »

Oh wow
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Unfortunately Mac randed wolf :(
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 391
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:33 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:27 pm ok lol im pocketed by golden for real by now
What was the moment
Around this sequence of posts
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:01 am
Guillotine wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:53 am Wolves

Hollowkatt
Scotty
Sig
Kate
Golden

All of them individually.

Kate/Golden don't make sense as a pair but they both are individually wolfy.

Now I go to sleep
Dude, nutella has literally laid out my meta as clearly as anyone has ever laid it out (no one has really expressed it so well before).

There are many games where I try to play ambiguous as town. This is not one of them. I am openly playing my obvitown game, and those who know me will already see it for what it is.

Those who don't will learn.
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:14 am
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:06 am Alison - light town, but elicits strong reactions in both directions.
Cape90 - pinged me once, don't remember why
Creature - stole my heart
Dennis - different. Wolf? Or just learning more about the game?
DrWilgy - town
EnderWiggin - Interacted, but haven't gotten a read
falcon45ca - town, just
Guillotine - reads very genuine, significant town read
Kate - town
Lilypetal - hmm. Interesting case. GTH it's a scum lean, but I didn't know that until right now.
lucy - town, but I don't trust my own read.
Neon - town, similar tier read as Kate
nutella - strong town
Party Crasher - NP or 3p
pyxxy - slight town
RondoDimBuckle - town
sabiplz - town lean
Scotty - town
Seanzie - town
Sloonei - veeeeery neutral. Should have a read but I don't, yet.
Urist - wolf

The rest I haven't noticed yet.
well that's a lie you just said you don't believe me
I didn’t say that gave rise to a read. I just think you wolf-reading me is basically :fishslap: not even sure if you’ve read my posts.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:07 pm

And thinking it while doing it, simply not vocalizing it?

☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:10 pm
lucy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:19 pm kate/golden/sabi/creature/marmot/rondo/party crashers/michelle/lily/urist town
nutella too
Why is lily town?

there is solving
Is this a alignment valuation? I think Neon's post is NAI at best, and honestly, probably more leaning townie than not, but I agree it is a bit extreme.
I have decided to stop Elle Fanning posting to post this

I will now go back to Elle Fanning posting

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:10 pm

Guillo voting for Kate AND saying he wasn't going to solve until later takes him from my town reads to my scum reads in a flash.

I'll go back and read the 30-40 zone properly later. If there's anyone else they're in there.
I am waiting for something from Guillo but i wouldn't put him in wolf reads after we talked earlier

What about me, what's your read?

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

sig wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Is this a role hint or a random observation
Random observation
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 303

Post by Urist »

poop your pants and slam your face
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Neon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:09 pm
It would be the funniest if you got mod killed for some silly reason tonight
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:10 pm
nutella too
Why is lily town?

there is solving
No, it's not alignament valuation

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dennis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:14 pm
:suspish:

☆Princess Abigail☆

I mean. Isn't getting murdered for being the top poster the same thing really

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Anyways Dennis woof

ImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Michelle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:17 pm
:suspish:
Saying a 3p vig shot was the natural progression but I'm a lil rebel
Alison
Posts in topic: 287
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Mac's entrance is so diluted compared to what I expect from him.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

At this point I wonder if Golden is TMI-ing Kate.

Nobody has given me a good reason to townread Kate yet. It's all just *gestures vaguely at her posts* "that's townie"
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Alison wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:19 pm Mac's entrance is so diluted compared to what I expect from him.
Expect from town him, or expect from wolf him
☆Princess Abigail☆

Alison wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:20 pm At this point I wonder if Golden is TMI-ing Kate.

Nobody has given me a good reason to townread Kate yet. It's all just *gestures vaguely at her posts* "that's townie"
*gestures vaguely at posts*

That's towny.

ImageImage

Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm testing out a new theory for reading sig whereby I read him based on how isolated and lonely he seems compared to the rest of the thread. Under that theory he is town this game.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dennis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:20 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:19 pm Mac's entrance is so diluted compared to what I expect from him.
Expect from town him, or expect from wolf him
Both, honestly.

He's probably just busy IRL or something.
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: Golden] aubergine
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

I'm pretty sure Alison is town
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 937

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:36 pmDizzy my friend, what on earth was standing in the way between you and mashed potatoes?
I have bad taste in food in general. For example, I don't like melted cheese.
EnderWiggin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:51 pm That's two wolves caught AND Nutella is obvious town so I'm sheeping Nut's vote.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

3 wolves caught and I haven't even had lunch yet.
Hello, brother. Do you recall, in your brilliant mind, what made Nut obv town to you at this point?
Sabiplz wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:25 pm Is marmot a twink, quote this with

Yes or No
Yes.
Marmot is very attractive.
Urist wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:38 pm Kate is bad for sure
Dyslexicon might be not bad
What gave it away? Was it me not trying to control the entire thread?
Kate wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:39 am
lucy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:26 am i am vanilla town with an ability
An ability outside of the thread? Is that what you are talking about?
I was going to say something about this, but I better not.
lucy wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:51 amwhy not, he's in his aggressive and coherent meta which is rand v
In my recollection, Rondo makes more sense as mafia than as town.
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:23 amThat’s weird, pretty sure nut literally laid out that when I’m messy I’m town so that ain’t twtbw that’s just town.
How have you been messy this game, in your opinion?
I do enjoy playing with you. Very good old TS vibes.
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:52 amHm.
Towny mindmeld tbh
Michelle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:36 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:29 am Maybe I will actually read the entire game. 28 pages isn't that bad, and I'm intrigued by the drama and the talented cast.
When/if you do that please post a resume.

:daisy:
I will probably disappoint you. I did actually take notes for my own sake, but they are not a good resume.
I feel like most of the bigger discussions flew over my head and didn't interest me much.
I will talk about my overall game view though, for whatever it will be worth. ^^
Party Crasher wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:19 pm we are the people who signed up without having won a game in 2022. nook put us all together
Losers.
Inawordyes wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:49 pm Actual hot take

HK is mafia because he’s ignored me so far this game and HK never ignores me as town

[VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine
My critical mind can't help ask you this question: What is the difference between HK ignoring you and him ignoring the game as a whole? He has basically not been around since the start of the game, and has only or pretty much only interacted with Guillo.
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:18 pm @Dyslexicon bring more posi vibes <3
I love being loved, thank you. am horny
MacDougall wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:27 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:29 am Maybe I will actually read the entire game. 28 pages isn't that bad, and I'm intrigued by the drama and the talented cast.
It seems a foul fate has befallen our weary traveller on the journey.
I may or may not have opened up Grindr a couple of times.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Attempting to sort players:

Town: Guillo, Marmot, Nut, Kate, Michelle, Sean
Also town, less reasoning: Scotty, Cape, pyxxy, Lily, Neon, Lucy
Should probably be town as well, but different tier: Golden, Radish

People I have sexy thoughts about: Ender, Rondo, IAWY, Sloonei

Everyone else I may have conflicted thoughts or no thoughts on. I may or may not have reasoning for any of these reads. Please compare notes.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: IAWY] aubergine

There probably should exist a wagon on Ender. But we have all the time in the world.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Seanzie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:13 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:07 pm

And thinking it while doing it, simply not vocalizing it?
NAI
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:20 pm At this point I wonder if Golden is TMI-ing Kate.

*gestures vaguely at this post*

Alison is townie
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Gotta get schwifty
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Michelle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:14 pm
Golden wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:10 pm

I am waiting for something from Guillo but i wouldn't put him in wolf reads after we talked earlier

What about me, what's your read?
Lean wolf, but it's a light read. In secret playerlist you were obvitown. I don't quite see your obvitown yet, but I don't see my wolf teammate yet either, so I'm watching.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Alison wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:21 pm I'm testing out a new theory for reading sig whereby I read him based on how isolated and lonely he seems compared to the rest of the thread. Under that theory he is town this game.
Wait sig is playing?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dennis wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:23 pm I'm pretty sure Alison is town
Who that?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:24 pm Attempting to sort players:

Everyone else I may have conflicted thoughts or no thoughts on. I may or may not have reasoning for any of these reads. Please compare notes.
Tell me about... me. Why am I town?

Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 436
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Marmot wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:47 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:32 am @hollowkatt @falcon45ca which one of your is a wolf if any? What are your opinions on each other?

@Party Crasher @Neon which one of your is a wolf if any? What are your opinions on each other?

@Sabiplz @EnderWiggin which one of your is a wolf if any? What are your opinions on each other?

@Marmot @Guillotine which one of your is a wolf if any? What are your opinions on each other?
I don't townread Guillo.

From what I've seen from him, he's engaging in a way that I expect from him, but with less volume/intensity than I've seen from him before.

I'm not putting a ton of stock into this though, because I have seen Guillo intentionally be less aggressive as town before, namely in Champs games.
My WIM was killed by a player personally attacking me. So this is what you are gonna get.

I dont care if im chopped for it, i will mot high effort only to get mistreated.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:24 pm Attempting to sort players:

Why is nutting town?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”