75%

Total votes: 8
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Summer Sh*t Night 2

Post by Kate »

@Neon do you still policy vote self voters?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 375
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:25 pm Why did you put yourself in your own POE?
because we have 4 eliminations left, and creating a perfect POE of 4 names that contains a miselimination on myself as a contingency is how you get a guaranteed win. this is a strategy that i use in almost every game and it's not hard to understand
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:01 pm We have civ cleared so many people, I think the only people it could be are spf or pyxxy.

Spf pinged the heck out of me yesterday. She put herself in her own poe and then voted herself when she believed there was a 60% chance falcon was bad.
can you explain what you believe the scum motivation in me choosing to self-vote 30 seconds before the day ended was? falcon was guaranteed to die, so my vote did not make a difference. it was a joke
staypositivefriend
Hitman

if you think that me self voting is alignment indicative then you have much to learn about SPF lol
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:12 pm if you think that me self voting is alignment indicative then you have much to learn about SPF lol
So I'm wrong?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 218

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I don't see how any of that makes SPF a wolf in fact I think all of that likely makes spf not a wolf
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I mean, you're the one that said this solve was easy.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:12 pm if you think that me self voting is alignment indicative then you have much to learn about SPF lol
So I'm wrong?
it would be harder to find a game where i have not self-voted as either alignment than it would to be to find a gamed where i haven't self-voted, so yes
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 pm I mean, you're the one that said this solve was easy.
i do think the game is easy
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think that you are falling into the trap of scumreading me for playstyle related reasons that have nothing to do with my alignment instead of looking more broadly at how i have played. you are far from the first player who has done that and i'm sure you will not be the last

for future reference, the best way to get a read on me is to ask questions like: "what angles is SPF pushing?" or "does SPF have a clear agenda?" and not: "does SPF do silly things like self-vote?"
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 156
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:58 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:40 pm up to EoD1 and feeling like i wanna lunch six the most

it's impressive to me how he's mentioned being new so many times (i had no recollection he actually said it at D1 close to EoD also, and the timing of it was crude too, he had 2 votes on him i believe and the top wagon maybe had 2-3) even tho he's done this before. him keeping on bringing it up just smells like a wolf excusing himself. new wolf players love to do that and as a villa randing the third time, he should've accumulated some knowledge and pursue new avenues, solving more, but instead he repeats the fact he's new before he outs any reads. all this excusing must mean he has some awareness of the thread, but instead of commentating on the important things, he picks the self-defence angle.

and idt he's clearable from voting falcon, it's pretty much the only avenue that team can take and have ~any sort of a fighting chance

nobody else feels like a wolf that's posting itt up to EoD1 to me (didn't get to the seanzie flashwagon but yah). maybe dennis? but for some reason it feels wrong
Dennis is civ. I'm fairly positive. I don't believe six is bad either, but further if he had 2 experienced partners like falcon and seanzie he would have done a better job playing.
how can you be so certain of that if he's never randed a wolf?

and afaict his villa play is to start slow as well, on surface level there isn't ~too much of a difference in activity of posting and number of posts, am i wrong?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

or maybe he did rand a wolf? and participated more?

but your wording made it sound like you were making an assumption
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

fwiw dennis did rand wolf a few months ago in this game: viewtopic.php?t=2458. i was a wolf with him

the differences in meta between this game vs that game is one of the stronger arguments i have for him being town right now
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i was talking about six, my bad
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

mb
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:29 pm
So I'm wrong?
it would be harder to find a game where i have not self-voted as either alignment than it would to be to find a gamed where i haven't self-voted, so yes
Yes, I'm wrong that self voting indicates y9ure wolf or that youre a wolf?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:31 pm i think that you are falling into the trap of scumreading me for playstyle related reasons that have nothing to do with my alignment instead of looking more broadly at how i have played. you are far from the first player who has done that and i'm sure you will not be the last

for future reference, the best way to get a read on me is to ask questions like: "what angles is SPF pushing?" or "does SPF have a clear agenda?" and not: "does SPF do silly things like self-vote?"
Thanks for the lesson 🙂
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:33 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:58 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:40 pm up to EoD1 and feeling like i wanna lunch six the most

it's impressive to me how he's mentioned being new so many times (i had no recollection he actually said it at D1 close to EoD also, and the timing of it was crude too, he had 2 votes on him i believe and the top wagon maybe had 2-3) even tho he's done this before. him keeping on bringing it up just smells like a wolf excusing himself. new wolf players love to do that and as a villa randing the third time, he should've accumulated some knowledge and pursue new avenues, solving more, but instead he repeats the fact he's new before he outs any reads. all this excusing must mean he has some awareness of the thread, but instead of commentating on the important things, he picks the self-defence angle.

and idt he's clearable from voting falcon, it's pretty much the only avenue that team can take and have ~any sort of a fighting chance

nobody else feels like a wolf that's posting itt up to EoD1 to me (didn't get to the seanzie flashwagon but yah). maybe dennis? but for some reason it feels wrong
Dennis is civ. I'm fairly positive. I don't believe six is bad either, but further if he had 2 experienced partners like falcon and seanzie he would have done a better job playing.
how can you be so certain of that if he's never randed a wolf?

and afaict his villa play is to start slow as well, on surface level there isn't ~too much of a difference in activity of posting and number of posts, am i wrong?
I'm not certain. I just think it's wrong. He's absolutely clueless, falcon and sean would have helped him a little.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:25 pm I mean, you're the one that said this solve was easy.
So then who is the 3rd wolf?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 2

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:25 pm
Kate wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:46 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:31 pm for transparency my current POE is falcon, sixstrings, sig, and ted

i think if we live in an easy world, the remaining wolves are in that pool

in a harder world, there's proly one wolf in that pool and one wolf outside of it, but i'm struggling to see who that would be. i think kate and lemonfairy are both hard town. i've gotten quite a few townpings from both PSV and pxy to the extent that i'm not comfortable having them in my POE

i've gotten townpings from both neon/dennis as well but i suppose i feel the less strongly about them than my other townreads, so if i'm misclearing somewhere then my gut tells me it's proly in those two names
May I ask why you aren't voting falcon? Do you feel certain that it's ted?
because i have been using my vote today primarily to add pressure, and i feel that falcon already has more than enough pressure right now. i do not feel certain that it's ted, and i would probably rather resolve the other names in my POE right now (ie: falcon/sig/sixstrings) before i resolve him
So your vote's for pressure or for fun? Because this post jumped off the page at me yesterday. Especially with you and falcon's timing.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:00 pm
So I'm wrong?
both!
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:01 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:31 pm i think that you are falling into the trap of scumreading me for playstyle related reasons that have nothing to do with my alignment instead of looking more broadly at how i have played. you are far from the first player who has done that and i'm sure you will not be the last

Thanks for the lesson 🙂
this seems really passive aggressive but i'm not trying to be sassy with you, just explaining that the stuff you're using to figure out my alignment is not actually going to help you with reading me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:07 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:25 pm
Kate wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:46 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:31 pm for transparency my current POE is falcon, sixstrings, sig, and ted

i think if we live in an easy world, the remaining wolves are in that pool

in a harder world, there's proly one wolf in that pool and one wolf outside of it, but i'm struggling to see who that would be. i think kate and lemonfairy are both hard town. i've gotten quite a few townpings from both PSV and pxy to the extent that i'm not comfortable having them in my POE

i've gotten townpings from both neon/dennis as well but i suppose i feel the less strongly about them than my other townreads, so if i'm misclearing somewhere then my gut tells me it's proly in those two names
May I ask why you aren't voting falcon? Do you feel certain that it's ted?
because i have been using my vote today primarily to add pressure, and i feel that falcon already has more than enough pressure right now. i do not feel certain that it's ted, and i would probably rather resolve the other names in my POE right now (ie: falcon/sig/sixstrings) before i resolve him
So your vote's for pressure or for fun? Because this post jumped off the page at me yesterday. Especially with you and falcon's timing.
....it's also both. i used my vote throughout most of d1 and d2 to add pressure and do wagon science but i also am well-known for self voting or making meme votes when i feel like it's not one or the other
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:08 pm
So I'm wrong?
both!
Thought so lol
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Thanks for the lesson 🙂
this seems really passive aggressive but i'm not trying to be sassy with you, just explaining that the stuff you're using to figure out my alignment is not actually going to help you with reading me

I don't take any of this shit seriously or personally. Just trying to have a little fun, I promise. Outside the thread it's nothing but love ❤️
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:10 pm
So I'm wrong?
both!
Thought so lol
I thought that's what you'd say lol

Ebwop*
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:03 pm
as for the final wolf, i think that you and lemonfairy are both clear. i don't think that you would deathtunnel falcon like that if you were a wolf with him and i also think the conviction behind your reads (and the way you have consistently shut down eliminations on players that would be easy to push) is real

i think that lemonfairy is probably clear too because her reaction to both seanzie and falcon dying indicates a lack of TMI - i think it would be tough for a wolf to fake that genuine sense of panic about having her vote parked on seanzie and believing he was going to flip town, and it would be a really suave move for her to pull ooff if she's wolfing

i lean on neon being clear as well, primarily because the conviction behind the way that she defended falcon felt very real to me and it is identical to the progressions i have seen her have in the last two games that i played with her where she was town. i do have some paranoia about her replicating her town meta and just playing a strong wolfgame but i do think she's more likely town than not

leaning on ted being clear as well but this is pending some further VCA - the way that falcon and ted pushed on each other throughout d2 is a weird angle for two wolves to take after a partner has already died, and i think that even in a world where the plan was to set up one of falcon/ted to go deep and endgame, it would have played out differently/more theatrically. i also think the way ted has gravitated back and forth with his read on psv is genuine

it ....could be sixstrings. one thing that does make me worried about him is actually just how consensus-y/"agreeable" his reads were when he checked into the thread, even though he is clearly absent. i would expect a villager who is struggling to play or keep up with the game to not have many confident reads, but sixstrings had a readslist that was almost entirely in agreement with the consensus, which could indicate that he was being fed information by this team - this is the exact tell that i used to catch beggbow wayyy back in season 7 game 6

but on a surface level, i agree that his vote on falcon looks good

as for sig, i don't know - i really liked the depth of thought in his posting when he was around and the only reason i have paranoia about him is probably just the fact that he hasn't been around very much. he could be a wolf in theory but it doesn't really feel right to me

i feel roughly the same about dennis - he ~could~ be mafia but it doesn't feel right. he feels a lot townier than the wolfgame i played with him at the beginning of the year. the timing of his push on both seanzie and falcon would be weird for dennis to do as W, cause i dont think he's the type of scum player to try to solo endgame by himself. i'm actually leaning on clearing him now that i'm writing this out, because my paranoia against him isn't totally justified

i have thoughts about pyx/psv but i don't have time to write them out right now. in short, i lean town on pxy and if there's one townread that i was misclearing on d1, it might be specifically just psv

so my game winning POE rn would look like exactly psv, pxy, sixstrings, and myself. if i had to narrow it down even further, i'd probably vote psv right now based solely on gut
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:11 pm

Thanks for the lesson 🙂

I don't take any of this shit seriously or personally. Just trying to have a little fun, I promise. Outside the thread it's nothing but love ❤️
i'm glad, just wanted to make sure cause i can get heated sometimes too and i don't like tilting ppl lol
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:22 pm it ....could be sixstrings. one thing that does make me worried about him is actually just how consensus-y/"agreeable" his reads were when he checked into the thread, even though he is clearly absent. i would expect a villager who is struggling to play or keep up with the game to not have many confident reads, but sixstrings had a readslist that was almost entirely in agreement with the consensus, which could indicate that he was being fed information by this team - this is the exact tell that i used to catch beggbow wayyy back in season 7 game 6
this is a wordier angle of my thoughts also

being lost / scattered and then dropping a list with 7 villas and a wolf

idk, it feels like his posting is perceptive about the thread but the things he's choosing to pick on are the problem. he could hunt, but instead with the thread awareness he had, he chose to focus on explaining why he's not doing much or whatever, instead of helping or hunting, asking questions

just feels like his approach is calculated to me, hope that previous explanation makes some sense
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

just to clarify, the strategy that i'm using to win the game is one that i borrowed from jaggedjimmyjay. you take the number of eliminations left in the game and then subtract one (assuming that you will be a miselimination yourself), to create a POE that you are confident about winning the game

so my goal is simply to find 3 names that i am confident need to contain the final mafia and then force the rest of the game to sheep that solve if i ever die. given the amount of people in this game that feel obviously town, this is a very doable task
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

also the "villa reads are so much easier to get than wolfreads" is also a wolf angle, obviously

new players tend to be paranoid of a lot of things and have troubles reaching villa reads like that ime. but as a wolf with the answers, of course it's easy

i guess i was expecting to see him build up to some of his reads at least
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:26 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:22 pm it ....could be sixstrings. one thing that does make me worried about him is actually just how consensus-y/"agreeable" his reads were when he checked into the thread, even though he is clearly absent. i would expect a villager who is struggling to play or keep up with the game to not have many confident reads, but sixstrings had a readslist that was almost entirely in agreement with the consensus, which could indicate that he was being fed information by this team - this is the exact tell that i used to catch beggbow wayyy back in season 7 game 6
this is a wordier angle of my thoughts also

being lost / scattered and then dropping a list with 7 villas and a wolf

idk, it feels like his posting is perceptive about the thread but the things he's choosing to pick on are the problem. he could hunt, but instead with the thread awareness he had, he chose to focus on explaining why he's not doing much or whatever, instead of helping or hunting, asking questions

just feels like his approach is calculated to me, hope that previous explanation makes some sense
it does make sense, yeah. the fact that strings has essentially been playing in a "perfect" way in spite of seeming to be totally lost/confused about what's going on is the main reason i cant comfortably lift him from my POE
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i also have a pet theory that the only way he could've gotten to psv as a "locked villa" alongside kate on D2 is by seeing seanzie's push there and having the TMI that he spewed her with his treatment, but nobody else had psv as a villager with that level of confidence

i know it's wolfy of me to say this given i've pushed psv all game, but i've re-read and can easily see how someone might think psv is a villa off seanzie.

having 2 confirmed villas is unusual of six (unless i'm wrong? i don't think i've ever seen him declare a villa read with such confidence) especially when one of them nobody was viewing as a locked villa. also dropping 7 villas is unusual behavior too, yes?

this is primarily directed to kate, i assume she played all the games he was in
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:23 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:11 pm

Thanks for the lesson 🙂

i'm glad, just wanted to make sure cause i can get heated sometimes too and i don't like tilting ppl lol
:hugs:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm i also have a pet theory that the only way he could've gotten to psv as a "locked villa" alongside kate on D2 is by seeing seanzie's push there and having the TMI that he spewed her with his treatment, but nobody else had psv as a villager with that level of confidence

i know it's wolfy of me to say this given i've pushed psv all game, but i've re-read and can easily see how someone might think psv is a villa off seanzie.

having 2 confirmed villas is unusual of six (unless i'm wrong? i don't think i've ever seen him declare a villa read with such confidence) especially when one of them nobody was viewing as a locked villa. also dropping 7 villas is unusual behavior too, yes?

I play much more by gut and vibes and psv seems awfully genuine to me. There was a post she made where she explained to me why she wasn't voting falcon and it was just so...true? I think that's the right word. I don't think the solve is psv. Let me look for that post.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:05 pm
Kate wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:00 pm I feel like @MacDougall ... is anybody reading my posts? Lol
I'm reading, but I don't agree on falcon so I don't want to vote there. Sorry.
It's not a lot but this one. Psv. Can you verify this is honest? (Tee hee)

Also, iirc she was the one who talked me out of you (ted) being partners with falcon.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:07 pm
Kate wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:03 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:01 pm side note
falcon/Ted are crossvoting and there's 2 people on both

doesn't really make me think they're w/w
like ok, maybe they could be distancing but it's only D2 and their scumpartner just got elimmed
voting each other is not really the best move rn if they're a team
Why? One of them is likely going down today. If they're teammate was on the other wagon, especially early wouldn't that look pretty townie?
I mean, idk about you guys, but in this situation I'm bending over backwards to save my partner if at all possible. Lot easier to get to parity with two instead of one. Neither is really a lost cause. Part of it is playstyle differences I guess but I would not be voting my last partner here because that's not going to gain them much cred.
Here is one example.of that @tedxtr
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:38 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:34 pm i also have a pet theory that the only way he could've gotten to psv as a "locked villa" alongside kate on D2 is by seeing seanzie's push there and having the TMI that he spewed her with his treatment, but nobody else had psv as a villager with that level of confidence

I play much more by gut and vibes and psv seems awfully genuine to me. There was a post she made where she explained to me why she wasn't voting falcon and it was just so...true? I think that's the right word. I don't think the solve is psv. Let me look for that post.
i can get that angle, i've felt it too. it just sucks cuz i usually get pushed a ton and then get extra prickly on some or one person that's doing it without any good reason

currently im thinking that the way she interacted with sean to be too awkward for a w/w pair and i kinda feel like falcon's entire approach to yesterday was to post random things on people because the avenue was safe for the last wolf for at least a few days. i think his posting about psv is set up to make her look worse and potentially ensure her lunch

given that his progression on her was awful and his reason for swapping from a wolf read to villa read too, once he dies we can't question him and we are left with a feeling of resolving her due to how confusing his approach was, which i wouldn't do to my last deep partner.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:42 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:07 pm
Kate wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:03 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:01 pm side note
falcon/Ted are crossvoting and there's 2 people on both

doesn't really make me think they're w/w
like ok, maybe they could be distancing but it's only D2 and their scumpartner just got elimmed
voting each other is not really the best move rn if they're a team
Why? One of them is likely going down today. If they're teammate was on the other wagon, especially early wouldn't that look pretty townie?
I mean, idk about you guys, but in this situation I'm bending over backwards to save my partner if at all possible. Lot easier to get to parity with two instead of one. Neither is really a lost cause. Part of it is playstyle differences I guess but I would not be voting my last partner here because that's not going to gain them much cred.
Here is one example.of that @tedxtr
yeah, i mentioned this was one of her best posts, the other being the exploring of the rule of 3 from seanzie lol
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think that falcon was very much in anti-spew for almost the entirety of yesterday, for whatever that is worth. i have seen him try to survive as scum before and i have seen him try to be towny as scum before. what happened yesterday was not that
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm i think that falcon was very much in anti-spew for almost the entirety of yesterday, for whatever that is worth. i have seen him try to survive as scum before and i have seen him try to be towny as scum before. what happened yesterday was not that
yeah, he wasn't trying to live for sure

but his posts on psv are just ~bad, if she's my partner and im falcon, i probably just ignore her with his progression. there was thread momentum against psv previously (lemon / neon both voted, i was hard pushing) and he spends time making posts that make no logical sense w/r/t psv, which would make us feel compelled to flip her

so that just makes me feel like he was trying to set her up after his death. but all of this could be wifom idk
ImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:45 pm i think that falcon was very much in anti-spew for almost the entirety of yesterday, for whatever that is worth. i have seen him try to survive as scum before and i have seen him try to be towny as scum before. what happened yesterday was not that
He probably knew I wasn't going to stfu, sometimes I get a little obsess-y when I think I'm right. It worked out ok this time though.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:48 pm
yeah, he wasn't trying to live for sure

but his posts on psv are just ~bad, if she's my partner and im falcon, i probably just ignore her with his progression. there was thread momentum against psv previously (lemon / neon both voted, i was hard pushing) and he spends time making posts that make no logical sense w/r/t psv, which would make us feel compelled to flip her

so that just makes me feel like he was trying to set her up after his death. but all of this could be wifom idk
if you need some prompts about this exact topic, I'm busy rn but I wrote some questions that I think are good and helpful to research
pyxxy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:21 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:17 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:32 pm [VOTE: PSV] aubergine
why?
tbd but

Seanzie died with his vote on Kate (who was 99% town and is now obv town and will soon be dead town bc obv town)

falcon died with his vote on Kate (lol) but voted PSV earlier here

falcon also ended with his vote on PSV D1

did falcon seriously push PSV D1? or was falcon's work today an attempt to cover for what was supposed to be light bussing on D1 (i.e. voting PSV) by trying to make it seem like it was just a normal "scum trying to push a townie" push?
the last bit
"did falcon seriously push PSV D1? or was falcon's work today an attempt to cover for what was supposed to be light bussing on D1 (i.e. voting PSV) by trying to make it seem like it was just a normal "scum trying to push a townie" push?"
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

hm maybe I misread your post Ted sorry
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:27 pm just to clarify, the strategy that i'm using to win the game is one that i borrowed from jaggedjimmyjay. you take the number of eliminations left in the game and then subtract one (assuming that you will be a miselimination yourself), to create a POE that you are confident about winning the game

so my goal is simply to find 3 names that i am confident need to contain the final mafia and then force the rest of the game to sheep that solve if i ever die. given the amount of people in this game that feel obviously town, this is a very doable task
Ok. But this doesn't make my posts or feelings about you wrong. So, if I don't die tonight, I would have 3 people in my poe and myself which makes no sense, bc we'd win as soon as we lynch the one wolf who obviously isn't me. So I'm not grasping why you're putting yourself in there unless you are acquiescing that youre play is wolfy.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:27 pm just to clarify, the strategy that i'm using to win the game is one that i borrowed from jaggedjimmyjay. you take the number of eliminations left in the game and then subtract one (assuming that you will be a miselimination yourself), to create a POE that you are confident about winning the game

Ok. But this doesn't make my posts or feelings about you wrong. So, if I don't die tonight, I would have 3 people in my poe and myself which makes no sense, bc we'd win as soon as we lynch the one wolf who obviously isn't me. So I'm not grasping why you're putting yourself in there unless you are acquiescing that youre play is wolfy.
*your

Omg. 🤦‍♀️. @Epignosis
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:56 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:55 am not willing to vote today:

kate
lemonfairy
potentialshelter
pyxxy
dennis (probably)
neon (maybe)

to be frank i dont' really care that much about who we eliminate beyond that because i am currently living in a world where the game is easily solvable with another flip or two
i think this list ~could~ be pure but even if there is even only one wolf in this pool then i think the game is still easily winnable, barring weird worlds where kate/lemon are mafia and snowing me
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:22 pm
Kate wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:03 pm
as for the final wolf, i think that you and lemonfairy are both clear. i don't think that you would deathtunnel falcon like that if you were a wolf with him and i also think the conviction behind your reads (and the way you have consistently shut down eliminations on players that would be easy to push) is real

i think that lemonfairy is probably clear too because her reaction to both seanzie and falcon dying indicates a lack of TMI - i think it would be tough for a wolf to fake that genuine sense of panic about having her vote parked on seanzie and believing he was going to flip town, and it would be a really suave move for her to pull ooff if she's wolfing

i lean on neon being clear as well, primarily because the conviction behind the way that she defended falcon felt very real to me and it is identical to the progressions i have seen her have in the last two games that i played with her where she was town. i do have some paranoia about her replicating her town meta and just playing a strong wolfgame but i do think she's more likely town than not

leaning on ted being clear as well but this is pending some further VCA - the way that falcon and ted pushed on each other throughout d2 is a weird angle for two wolves to take after a partner has already died, and i think that even in a world where the plan was to set up one of falcon/ted to go deep and endgame, it would have played out differently/more theatrically. i also think the way ted has gravitated back and forth with his read on psv is genuine

it ....could be sixstrings. one thing that does make me worried about him is actually just how consensus-y/"agreeable" his reads were when he checked into the thread, even though he is clearly absent. i would expect a villager who is struggling to play or keep up with the game to not have many confident reads, but sixstrings had a readslist that was almost entirely in agreement with the consensus, which could indicate that he was being fed information by this team - this is the exact tell that i used to catch beggbow wayyy back in season 7 game 6

but on a surface level, i agree that his vote on falcon looks good

as for sig, i don't know - i really liked the depth of thought in his posting when he was around and the only reason i have paranoia about him is probably just the fact that he hasn't been around very much. he could be a wolf in theory but it doesn't really feel right to me

i feel roughly the same about dennis - he ~could~ be mafia but it doesn't feel right. he feels a lot townier than the wolfgame i played with him at the beginning of the year. the timing of his push on both seanzie and falcon would be weird for dennis to do as W, cause i dont think he's the type of scum player to try to solo endgame by himself. i'm actually leaning on clearing him now that i'm writing this out, because my paranoia against him isn't totally justified

i have thoughts about pyx/psv but i don't have time to write them out right now. in short, i lean town on pxy and if there's one townread that i was misclearing on d1, it might be specifically just psv

so my game winning POE rn would look like exactly psv, pxy, sixstrings, and myself. if i had to narrow it down even further, i'd probably vote psv right now based solely on gut
Just yesterday psv was your 3rd most townie read. She was on the "almost pure" list. Now she's your top suspect? Can you explain why?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

@Kate

can you let us know where your head's at? you're dying in 54mins
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

oops, seems you're at it
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

pyxxy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:27 pm hm maybe I misread your post Ted sorry
i was just making a point of falcon's progression on psv potentially being a good look for her

he knew he was gonna die, and his first few posts are making a lolvillaread on someone he had previously voted
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”