Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Re: Summer Sh*t Day 3

Post by pyxxy »

SixStrings wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:09 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:33 pm
SixStrings wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:41 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:38 pm
SixStrings wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:25 pm Can i ask why we arent just following Kate since she was right both days? ...and then they killed her to boot.
honestly think this might be the way to go
sometimes you just have to sheep

unless someone gives a really compelling case on someone else
but like

Kate already got falcon killed

she always dies for that anyway, so I don't see how we can make the logical leap that she also died because she's right about SPF

or at least I would prefer if people did their own research on SPF
but if Kate was suspecting the wrong person, wouldnt they just leave her alone and let her lead everyone down the wrong path? makes more sense since falcon's death was already done?
you've got a point given it was Kate's insistence D2 that actually formed the falcon wagon

but I would have preferred that you said this point instead of me feeling like I have to fill it in

..........you wouldn't nk your own wife, six........right? *big detective noises*
To answer your question "post big detective noises" i hear what you are saying about night killing my own wife. I would pushback ... but the team would be pressuring big time, especially given the fact that she had been dismantling the wolf team pretty solidly.

Truth is she was defending me so why would I kill her at all?
That is the correct answer. I can't see you doing that. Easy enough to sheep her another day or two, then nk and sell it like scum was trying to remove your defender (assuming static reads which, eh, assumptions).

Much more like that Kate's death had the benefit of re-opening you as a chop option. Same as with Dennis since she was shielding him too. That's more what I mean about wanting more from people re: sheeping Kate. My NKA is much more about it opening possibilities (of which I am voting one, yes) and less specifically about SPF :/
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 150

Post by pyxxy »

SixStrings wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:25 pm Can i ask why we arent just following Kate since she was right both days? ...and then they killed her to boot.

but like

she always dies for that anyway, so I don't see how we can make the logical leap that she also died because she's right about SPF

but if Kate was suspecting the wrong person, wouldnt they just leave her alone and let her lead everyone down the wrong path? makes more sense since falcon's death was already done?
you've got a point given it was Kate's insistence D2 that actually formed the falcon wagon

but I would have preferred that you said this point instead of me feeling like I have to fill it in

..........you wouldn't nk your own wife, six........right? *big detective noises*
To answer your question "post big detective noises" i hear what you are saying about night killing my own wife. I would pushback ... but the team would be pressuring big time, especially given the fact that she had been dismantling the wolf team pretty solidly.

oh wait this is a town slip
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

well, maybe it's not, but it's only not if it's a scum slip

if that makes sense (not sure it does)
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: She/hers

Post by potentialsheltervet »

SixStrings wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:32 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:13 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:06 pm Hmm that does beg the question... who still alive has played with Camilla before?
I think it's just me, SPF, and Neon
just out of curiousity, what does this have to do with anything? would knowing this mean anything analysis-wise?
Camilla was towning her butt off, but her being the N1 kill makes sense more for people who have played with her than for people who haven't imo.
I think SPF and Zenon are both still in my POE, but personal opinion leans more toward Zenon.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

[VOTE: neon ] aubergine
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Haha didn't even see she'd voted me at some point.
@Neon You still think it's me? What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing to connect me and falcon as partners?
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:24 pm well, maybe it's not, but it's only not if it's a scum slip

Wut?
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:34 pm Haha didn't even see she'd voted me at some point.
@Neon You still think it's me? What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing to connect me and falcon as partners?
I don't need to do mental gymnastics really.

Trying to frame the Camilla kill as something people more familiar with her would do when she was the single towniest player in the thread is kinda

But it gets worse knowing that I'm town and that spf is probably my biggest town read right now.

Which tbf is not saying much cause I barely TR her I don't TR anyone right now though. Which is like wtf? Cause finding a town core is how I win games but I've barely been able to do that this game.

Anyways I think me and spf is like 0 for 2

And you are trying to push into us back to back. That's pretty wolfy.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Now you must understand I don't believe in connecting woofies together because I think it's super fucking easy to fake interactions so I'm just gonna vote for the wolfiest play in the lobby that I can't find town motivation for and right now kinda feeling that's you.

ImageImage

Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:08 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm Okay so I'm top wagon which is CRINGE but I'm still struggling to see why I'm being voted, unless it is purely my votes being bad and looking bus-like(which admittedly they are)

If someone could put that into like one post or something, that would be great

Currently I'd be down to chop like, psv/pyxxy/six is kind of my remaining poe
mind going through each with a quick why?
What if you answered my question first
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

but like

What did your research on spf conclude
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:22 pm yeah idk
I don't really see why Dennis would vote 2 scumbuddies back to back

ig they were the last to vote both times but idk if they're aware that doing so makes them look worse than just not voting there
I'm very aware it makes me look bad, especially the seanzie vote

I didn't realize eod was in 3 minutes when I voted seanzie so it's up to you to believe that or not

I don't remember any extenuating circumstances when I voted falcon
Dennis
Loan Shark

Post by Dennis »

[VOTE: psv] aubergine
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

What's unfortunate is I work from 7 a.m. to about 4 p.m. tomorrow.
@Dennis Why are you voting me?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:03 pm

but like

What did your research on spf conclude
I concluded that I don't vibe with Kate's case
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:02 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:08 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:40 pm Okay so I'm top wagon which is CRINGE but I'm still struggling to see why I'm being voted, unless it is purely my votes being bad and looking bus-like(which admittedly they are)

If someone could put that into like one post or something, that would be great

Currently I'd be down to chop like, psv/pyxxy/six is kind of my remaining poe
mind going through each with a quick why?
What if you answered my question first
in my defense you didn't put a question mark on it and stuffed it inside what seemed like a rhetorical moment

for me, I'm voting you because both of your votes look bad + were opportunistic busses, which I think fits with what I perceive to be your comfort level of bussing for a seanzie/falcon scummate pair. both are experienced players and while falcon would be open to being bussed as needed, I doubt that that would have been the plan from SOD D2, thus the timing of your vote

the defense of your falcon vote is that 3 is not a confirmed death, but 4 is, and so putting falcon at 4 yesterday deserves at least some townie cred

the counter of the defense is that you and falcon are smart enough to know this. and so actually I would have found you way more townie if you never voted falcon / voted him really late in the day XD (please consider me in full WIFOM mode)

then D2 like I said I was surprised that you were afraid of me or at least unsure about how to read my slot. felt like we get along pretty well and yet the fear felt more serious, which I interpreted as scum you trying to sell the fear of me, rather than a more townie "lol pyxxy is spooky X.X he might be scum but like idk" vibe

another factor is that I wanted a wagon today and with Zenon already on you, I knew I could get one. I also still wanted to see you under some pressure today :)
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Neon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:50 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:24 pm well, maybe it's not, but it's only not if it's a scum slip

Wut?

but like

I'm having a massive Seanzie moment so please bear with me

"To answer your question "post big detective noises" i hear what you are saying about night killing my own wife. I would pushback ... but the team would be pressuring big time, especially given the fact that she had been dismantling the wolf team pretty solidly."

"the team"

but Six is theoretically the last scum left

So either he doesn't know that there are only 3 mafia in the game -> town slip

or he and falcon discussed how he has to kill Kate N2 and he's admitting to it here -> scum slip

help me figure out which :3
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:58 pm

Wut?

but like

"To answer your question "post big detective noises" i hear what you are saying about night killing my own wife. I would pushback ... but the team would be pressuring big time, especially given the fact that she had been dismantling the wolf team pretty solidly."

"the team"

or he and falcon discussed how he has to kill Kate N2 and he's admitting to it here -> scum slip

oops I meant to add a @Neon bat signal
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

Wut?

but like

"the team"

looks like a townslip

oh no wait, I can see it as the other one too
but as a scumslip, it would imo be after they've killed Camilla but then there would just be falcon who would be doing the pressuring and Six saying "the team would be pressuring me" kind of implies more than one person

if we go further back than that to when Seanzie was alive, it would be both Seanzie and falcon pushing for a Kate kill while Six pushes back and then everyone agreeing on Camilla
but at that time, Kate would not be "dismantling the wolf team pretty solidly" yet

in conclusion, it's probably a townslip
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

brain goes brrrrrrr
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 375

Post by staypositivefriend »

brain goes brrrrrrr
staypositivefriend
Hitman

sig wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:02 am PSV, Dennis, SPF seem to be a good pool.
can u explain your concerns about PSV to me?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

ty lemon brain
☆Princess Abigail☆

pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:59 pm

Wut?

but like

"the team"

I don't believe in slips xD

ImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman

potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:34 pm @Neon You still think it's me? What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing to connect me and falcon as partners?
do u think that u and falcon are obviously not partners? why should i be clearing u rn?

and why do u think it's neon?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i would prefer to realtime with ppl rn tbh, sounds more productive than going through ISOs again

who wants to chat?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Omgus

ImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman

hi neon

who is mafia and why
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Wut?

but like

"the team"

i dont really believe in townslips or scumslips as a general principle and i think they almost never happen

imo the more compelling argument that can be made from that post is that sixstrings argument lacks such a strong amount of gamestate awareness that it could indicate that he doesn't have any TMI

a wolf would know that kate was pretty clearly the designated nightkill regardless of who the final mafia was, given her position in the gamestate. so, sixstrings arguing that he wouldn't kill kate even though kate was always blatantly going to die might show a lack of connection with the gamestate in a way that is town indicative

could be reading into tea leaves but idk
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tfw everyone stops posting once i enter the thread
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:24 pmty lemon brain
brain says you're welcome
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:27 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:59 pm

Wut?

but like

"the team"

I don't believe in slips xD
I believe

but it depends on context
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:42 pm tfw everyone stops posting once i enter the thread
because no one wants to talk to you

jk
it's probably timezones or something
staypositivefriend
Hitman

hi lemonfairy

who do u think the mafia is
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:30 pm hi neon

who is mafia and why
btw who do you think the final mafia is

I know I'm voting you but idk, if you have a better case on someone that's not yourself, I'd be happy to read
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:54 pm hi lemonfairy

who do u think the mafia is
jinx
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

I think I should have asked first, it just took more time to type that extra line
☆Princess Abigail☆

who is mafia and why
You cause Kate said so?

Jk it's like Dennis or PSV or like maybe Lemon

Because

I don't tr them and don't see a reason to

ImageImage

Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

but I'll answer anyway
I think it might be you

and my main reason is probably still Kate's legacy because looking at your posts individually, I can't really see you pushing scum agenda
the problem is, I don't really feel like anyone else is pushing an agenda either
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Neon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:59 pm

who is mafia and why
You cause Kate said so?

Because

what makes me a maybe?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

good question

i don't think that it's you

i don't think that it's neon

i don't think that it's ted

i can understand the paranoia around dennis but i don't think that it's him right now either. dennis does not strike me as the type of wolf who would want to hardbus both of his partners and try to sol oendgame, and he feels significantly more pure and explotary to me than the wolfgame i just saw from him like 4 months ago. i actually don't have him in my POE right now at all

to be blunt i've just been trying to figure out which name in psv, pyxxy, sig, and sixstrings i should hardclear so that i can create a game winning legacy if i get eliminated today

i'm leaning on just removing sig from that pool - i dont think that his play aligns with the mindset of a wolf who would want to hardbus and solo endgame (similar to my read on dennis), and i think he's been getting townier with each dayphase. my original concern about him was more his lack of posting than anything, but he has been getting consistently townier with each dayphase as he has been posting more/getting a stronger presence

so that leaves psv, pyxxy, sixstrings, and myself. am i happy with that being the game winning POE? maybe.

i think that psv "fits" as a partner to falcon in a very level 0 way but it's not actually how i expect W/W interaction to play out in most circumstances, and i think psv defended falcon in a needlessly hard way if she was actually wolfing with him, esp since falcon had given up and i wouldn't rly expect the final wolf to care about defending him

it could be pyxxy but any case i could even come up with against them is more: "i dont townread them as strongly as the other players and they dont have any interactions i have clearing", as opposed to anything they have done that i find genuinely wolf indicative

sixstrings............shrug. it's easy to conf bias and say that it's just him and that my reasons to townread him aren't as good as my reasons to townread everyone else (which is true!), but sometimes he does say stuff that make me feel like he is disconnected from the gamestate in a town indicative way

idk. being honest with you, i kind of think it might just be sixstrings
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

who is mafia and why
You cause Kate said so?

Because

btw what's your confidence level on these (pls give like an approximate % for each)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:22 pm it ....could be sixstrings. one thing that does make me worried about him is actually just how consensus-y/"agreeable" his reads were when he checked into the thread, even though he is clearly absent. i would expect a villager who is struggling to play or keep up with the game to not have many confident reads, but sixstrings had a readslist that was almost entirely in agreement with the consensus, which could indicate that he was being fed information by this team - this is the exact tell that i used to catch beggbow wayyy back in season 7 game 6
^^and ftr, this is still the main reason why i think it might be sixstrings, and why i haven't taken him out of my POE in spite of him having some posts that show a towny lack of self awareness

the lack of self awareness paired with sixstrings having extremely accurate, consensus, and good reas doesn't really align with how i would expect someone struggling with the game to play. if sixstrings is town then frankly i think his reads would probably just be a lot messier than they have been. his reads are good enough but im not sure i see much of a solving process behind them, which indicates to me that he might be playing with TMI
staypositivefriend
Hitman

but i'm not gonna try to convince you that sixstrings is mafia, cause i'm not really that confident in the first place. i just have the least reasons to townread him out of everyone here, i think he has played "too perfectly" in spite of barely seeming to pay attention to the game, and i think his hand would have been forced into bussing/distancing from falcon yesterday, particularly with the context of falcon giving up and seeming to not try to save himself. he fits more cleanly as a wolf than p much any other name in this list
staypositivefriend
Hitman

who is mafia and why
You cause Kate said so?

Because

what do u think about the reasoning i just gave for sixstrings? or the reasoning i gave to think that PSV doesn't really fit?

as for dennis, if he is a wolf then it means he hardbussed both of his partners for no real reason and is trying to solo endgame, which i just find pretty difficult to believe
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:00 pm but I'll answer anyway
I think it might be you

and my main reason is probably still Kate's legacy because looking at your posts individually, I can't really see you pushing scum agenda
the problem is, I don't really feel like anyone else is pushing an agenda either
okay

i can tell you that in a world where i'm mafia, i never push seanzie on d1 in the way that i did

if you understand anything about how i play as mafia or how i try to distance from partners, that is not a play i would ever make

but i'm not really that interested in trying to convince ppl that i'm town, because i think the game is still winnable even if i don't. i just want you to solve w/the assumption that i'm town for a moment. who would the mafia be in that world?
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:02 pm good question

i can understand the paranoia around dennis but i don't think that it's him right now either. dennis does not strike me as the type of wolf who would want to hardbus both of his partners and try to sol oendgame, and he feels significantly more pure and explotary to me than the wolfgame i just saw from him like 4 months ago. i actually don't have him in my POE right now at all

to be blunt i've just been trying to figure out which name in psv, pyxxy, sig, and sixstrings i should hardclear so that i can create a game winning legacy if i get eliminated today

i'm leaning on just removing sig from that pool - i dont think that his play aligns with the mindset of a wolf who would want to hardbus and solo endgame (similar to my read on dennis), and i think he's been getting townier with each dayphase. my original concern about him was more his lack of posting than anything, but he has been getting consistently townier with each dayphase as he has been posting more/getting a stronger presence

so that leaves psv, pyxxy, sixstrings, and myself. am i happy with that being the game winning POE? maybe.

i think that psv "fits" as a partner to falcon in a very level 0 way but it's not actually how i expect W/W interaction to play out in most circumstances, and i think psv defended falcon in a needlessly hard way if she was actually wolfing with him, esp since falcon had given up and i wouldn't rly expect the final wolf to care about defending him

it could be pyxxy but any case i could even come up with against them is more: "i dont townread them as strongly as the other players and they dont have any interactions i have clearing", as opposed to anything they have done that i find genuinely wolf indicative

sixstrings............shrug. it's easy to conf bias and say that it's just him and that my reasons to townread him aren't as good as my reasons to townread everyone else (which is true!), but sometimes he does say stuff that make me feel like he is disconnected from the gamestate in a town indicative way

I want to say something like "you're just making the easiest push" but I get pocketed by posts like this
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:27 pm
potentialsheltervet wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:34 pm @Neon You still think it's me? What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing to connect me and falcon as partners?
do u think that u and falcon are obviously not partners? why should i be clearing u rn?

and why do u think it's neon?
Falcon sheeped Neon by voting me D1 and D2. It's not impossible play for paired scum, but it's not optimal in a world where we just lost Seanzie.
Neon I'm not confident on but she was defending falcon, which I think is a good play given the early loss of Seanzie, throughout D2. She jumped on the Seanzie train pretty late.
I see what people are saying about her hellbus meta but she makes some sense as the last scum to me.
potentialsheltervet
Drug Dealer

Neon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:29 pmOmgus
Right, I town read you D1 for the way you were perceiving my play, even though I'm not scum, and now you're dismissing it as OMGUS? Okay.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lemonfairy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:10 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:02 pm good question

I want to say something like "you're just making the easiest push" but I get pocketed by posts like this
my rebuttal is that the easiest push has been correct for this entire game so far. i don't care if a push is easy, i just care if it's correct

Return to “Previous Hustles”