Denim is expensive in Finland.
29%

Total votes: 14
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 322

Re: [Day 2]: Film Directors.

Post by Ricochet »

D'oh, forgot about the silencer. But if Canuck was blocked during the night, he could have still posted. Maybe just circumstancial? (He didn't come her to post during N1, but was silenced and could only vote during D2)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I mean she. Sorry. More d'oh.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 366
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:D'oh, forgot about the silencer. But if Canuck was blocked during the night, he could have still posted. Maybe just circumstancial? (He didn't come her to post during N1, but was silenced and could only vote during D2)
There is the one role (John Waters I think) that blocks AND silences a player. That could be Canuck.

@llama, if that is the case, maybe it wouldn't cross Canuck's mind?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: I meant that Canuck could have been the target.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:D'oh, forgot about the silencer. But if Canuck was blocked during the night, he could have still posted. Maybe just circumstancial? (He didn't come her to post during N1, but was silenced and could only vote during D2)
There is the one role (John Waters I think) that blocks AND silences a player. That could be Canuck.

"player will be muted during the day... blocked during the night". Doesn't sound like both to me.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 352

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

It's certainly possible, and it's the first piece of hard evidence we've had (as opposed to play style analysis and possible saves in the vote record.) My vote is cast, but if others want to lynch Canuck, I would not attempt to stand in their way, even though lynching silenced players is sort of a taboo.

linki Rico: It is both.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:If Canuck is indeed silenced, it could mean that she was blocked last night by John Waters, which makes her a likely candidate for a killer. But would a killer telegraph that she was silenced by voting early?

BWT said he would likely not post today, so no surprise there.
I don't understand the part about the killer telegraphing. Does Canuck's vote actually reflect the silencer's?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:If Canuck is indeed silenced, it could mean that she was blocked last night by John Waters, which makes her a likely candidate for a killer. But would a killer telegraph that she was silenced by voting early?

And Canuck has posted in a couple other threads this morning, add in the vote, and I think it is a safe assumption that she was silenced/blocked. But since there are three roleblockers, I don't think that's enough to lynch her for being the killer, especially not today.

Linki: @Rico, all night actions happen at simultaneously at the transition from night to day (they are just sent in at various times throughout the night). So if Canuck was targeted by Waters, her action would have been blocked, and she would be silenced the ensuing day phase.

I hope that answers your question?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It's not clear from what you said that she* is also silenced during the night, but Llama says she is.

*she as in hypothetically Canuck, of course
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:

I don't understand the part about the killer telegraphing. Does Canuck's vote actually reflect the silencer's?
Generally the only reason people vote early without saying anything is that they can't say anything. I was just wondering whether a killer would want the rest of the thread to know thta, given the way the role powers are distributed.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:It's not clear from what you said that she* is also silenced during the night, but Llama says she is.

No, she's not silenced at night. She's blocked at night, and silenced during the day.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:It's not clear from what you said that she* is also silenced during the night, but Llama says she is.

No, she's not silenced at night. She's blocked at night, and silenced during the day.
Well, I asked if she's both during one of the phases. Sorry if that was misunderstood.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Well, I asked if she's both during one of the phases. Sorry if that was misunderstood.
Yeah, I thought you meant that the silence and the vote were an either/or rather than an "and". I misunderstood, sorry!

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Generally the only reason people vote early without saying anything is that they can't say anything. I was just wondering whether a killer would want the rest of the thread to know thta, given the way the role powers are distributed.
So perhaps she is a civ, and she didn't think about it? But not every baddie would think about it anyway.

Also, as I mentioned before, SD hasn't posted yet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

But would Canuck like the thread to know that she's been silenced, by voting early, or the killer (i.e. force her to vote early)? If she was silenced and happens to be bad, would she expose herself to a possible lynch by voting early?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

But would Canuck like the thread to know that she's been silenced, by voting early, or the killer (i.e. force her to vote early)? If she was silenced and happens to be bad, would she expose herself to a possible lynch by voting early?
Yeah, thta was exactly my point, but as MM said, baddies don't always play perfect games, and she may not have thought about it.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by Turnip Head »

timmer wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:BUT if I vote MP and one of the other two is lynched and flips bad, my vote will (quite reasonably) be deemed opportunistic, so I have to consider that risk when casting my vote as well...

Linki how hard MM what :eek:
Voting for MP and one of AP/Vomps flips bad, sure, your vote could look baddie. But you know what else looks baddie? Waiting until AP is at 5 votes, and putting your vote on MP *then*, with the second to last vote, once the lynch seems secured. And that's what you did.
You know what, I always vote at the tail end of every lynch in every game, and in every game it gets me extra eyeballs. Those last few votes can be so scrutinized and over analyzed because you can read anything you want into them. I didn't know that my vote would be second to last, nor could I know that the "lynch seems secured" as you put it. I could not have known that ~6ish players wouldn't vote after me. You're acting like AP's lynch is MY fault because I voted MP.
Roxy wrote:I cannot believe no one has one word to say about Made. I mean his play style is so unlike Python and so reminiscence of his baddie game.
I've mentioned him before, but he hasn't even been around to talk about his Day 1.2 vote,, I don't think he's posted since then. I'm suspicious of him but that suspicion has plateaued until we get some more content.

I asked everyone's opinions on MP and only got responses from Dom and Timmer. Does that mean people don't want to talk about MP?

Here's my short list of who I'm most likely to vote today, in order of most concerned about to least concerned about:

MovingPictures
Made
Vompatti
SVS

I don't really see myself voting for anyone other than these 4, and I'm most likely voting MP again unless something big happens.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I still am not really seeing a baddie MP, TH. He's not pinging me. Going to reread Made now.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

That didn't take long. He reads to me like a distracted player, busy in real life, which is causing him sloppiness. His inadequately explained "Hawthorne effect" theory; his bizarre vote for FZ; his absenteeism and complaining about driver's ed. I think he is just not paying attention, which seems more likely from a civ than a baddie.

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

FZ. wrote: 3. What do you all make of DF voting as the last voter for himself. What's the point in even voting if you didn't have time to read? He had time to come and say that he doesn't have time, so he's voting for himself, and conveniently, it was after AP was almost a sure bet for the lynch. And then he comes in after the night and says Sabie probably saved herself.
I voted because some hosts punish players for missing votes. And if, as you're suggesting, I avoided voting for AP because he was already a sure lynch and I knew he would flip civ (which I didn't), the more sensible thing for me to do is throw my vote on to one of the players who has a bit of suspicion on them, in order to seem more active. Self-votes draw attention, so why would I do that unless I really had no clue where to vote?

I'm also not quite sure how my Sabie remark ties in with your previous points. I think that Sabie would be a weird choice of protection unless she herself had such an ability. However, now that Mongoose has cleared up how posts are written, I think it's much more likely that the kill was blocked.

And for the record, I work in a school, so I'm much busier in RL and less active in Mafia in January than December, regardless of alignment.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DFaraday wrote:
FZ. wrote: 3. What do you all make of DF voting as the last voter for himself. What's the point in even voting if you didn't have time to read? He had time to come and say that he doesn't have time, so he's voting for himself, and conveniently, it was after AP was almost a sure bet for the lynch. And then he comes in after the night and says Sabie probably saved herself.
I voted because some hosts punish players for missing votes. And if, as you're suggesting, I avoided voting for AP because he was already a sure lynch and I knew he would flip civ (which I didn't), the more sensible thing for me to do is throw my vote on to one of the players who has a bit of suspicion on them, in order to seem more active. Self-votes draw attention, so why would I do that unless I really had no clue where to vote?

I'm also not quite sure how my Sabie remark ties in with your previous points. I think that Sabie would be a weird choice of protection unless she herself had such an ability. However, now that Mongoose has cleared up how posts are written, I think it's much more likely that the kill was blocked.

And for the record, I work in a school, so I'm much busier in RL and less active in Mafia in January than December, regardless of alignment.
It's worth remembering (all players, not just DF) that in a two mafia game like this one, no one knows someone will flip civ.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:That didn't take long. He reads to me like a distracted player, busy in real life, which is causing him sloppiness. His inadequately explained "Hawthorne effect" theory; his bizarre vote for FZ; his absenteeism and complaining about driver's ed. I think he is just not paying attention, which seems more likely from a civ than a baddie.
So baddies always pay attention? Remember Made in Monopoly?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:That didn't take long. He reads to me like a distracted player, busy in real life, which is causing him sloppiness. His inadequately explained "Hawthorne effect" theory; his bizarre vote for FZ; his absenteeism and complaining about driver's ed. I think he is just not paying attention, which seems more likely from a civ than a baddie.
So baddies always pay attention? Remember Made in Monopoly?
No, but they pay attention more than non-baddies because thye have a team supporting them and informing them. I just didn't see anything in his posts that rang alarm bells. :shrug:

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

S~V~S wrote:
Roxy wrote:SVS - I hope I was not the one who you thought was rude. I hate to even say this but you still have not answered my only question. I guess at this point it does not matter but I would have liked a response and your thoughts about the other people who used your reasoning for their vote for Teeth.

I cannot believe no one has one word to say about Made. I mean his play style is so unlike Python and so reminiscence of his baddie game.

Here is a linky to all his posts I would like to hear what others are thinking about his game.

BR - can you elaborate a bit more? You seem to be tossing a lot of names about without really backing up as to why you think them suspicious.
Sorry I missed it, and, no, I was not talking to you silly.

I thought I already commented on that, since no one else really seemed to have been in danger day 1.0 I don't see baddies piling on a bandwagon to get rid of someone who often plays a distracted game. Did you mean someone specific? On phone on bus so I can't really look back at this point. I can later if you like.

Maybe I just thought I posted it and just thought it Lol.

What do you think of them?
SVS - I gave my thoughts on them when I asked for yours the ssceond time Here

TH - he (Made) has posted since then.

Llama - again we will agree to disagree inre:Made. I have been baddie with him and his scatteredness reminds me of that game. Lemme tell you - I could not tell him what to post or how to post it - he played his own way.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote: Llama - again we will agree to disagree inre:Made. I have been baddie with him and his scatteredness reminds me of that game. Lemme tell you - I could not tell him what to post or how to post it - he played his own way.
Fair enough, but I think he plays his own way when civ as well, and I have no reason to suspect him yet.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote: Llama - again we will agree to disagree inre:Made. I have been baddie with him and his scatteredness reminds me of that game. Lemme tell you - I could not tell him what to post or how to post it - he played his own way.
You would hate having me as a baddie partner. I tend to play the same way.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
YOu would love having me as a baddie partner, because I am fun and not at all rude.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I could vote for Made, but I would much rather vote for MP.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61

Re: [Day 1]: Film Directors.

Post by timmer »

Turnip Head wrote: You know what, I always vote at the tail end of every lynch in every game, and in every game it gets me extra eyeballs. Those last few votes can be so scrutinized and over analyzed because you can read anything you want into them. I didn't know that my vote would be second to last, nor could I know that the "lynch seems secured" as you put it. I could not have known that ~6ish players wouldn't vote after me. You're acting like AP's lynch is MY fault because I voted MP.
It's more because of your post that I quoted than the vote itself.

In any lynch, until several baddie's identities are known, there are numerous ways to analyze the voting patterns that could all prove wrong.

My point, in regards to YOUR vote, was that you had previously made a comment about not voting ONE way because it could make you look bad, but then proceeded to vote in a way that ALSO is a classic "look bad" way. I think it's the meta aspect, that you were clearly thinking about how your vote would be seen, that set me off a bit.

FWIW, I'm likely voting MP today (no one has given me a solid reason as to why my feelings are wrong about him, and the way he has toned down today makes me feel like he's trying to not be noticed) and agree with you there.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That post of mine that you quoted was basically a follow up response to Canuck. She had asked where I planned to vote, and I told her, but I also knew she would over analyze the fuck out of my vote no matter what I did, so I felt the need to add that bit. Can't really fault you for being pinged by it though since it does seem like I was being too aware of my vote in that moment.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
YOu would love having me as a baddie partner, because I am fun and not at all rude.
I don't think we've ever been partners. That would be quite the fun game, unless we both get lynched Days 1 & 2. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I've been baddie bros with Llama once and civvie bros once. He is indeed a fun BTSC partner :D
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I've been baddie bros with Llama once and civvie bros once. He is indeed a fun BTSC partner :D
I've never been baddies with you either, or Rob, or MP, or SVS.

But I have been baddies with AP multiple times.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I've actually never had BTSC with SVS... or BR I don't think... and we've been playing together for freakin forever.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I can't believe you can remember a thing like that. I've played so many Mafia games that I can't remember who I have had BTSC with, and how many times.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:I've actually never had BTSC with SVS... or BR I don't think... and we've been playing together for freakin forever.

That's not a surprise, most games I play I don't have btsc. It's fairly lonely.
Long Con wrote:I can't believe you can remember a thing like that. I've played so many Mafia games that I can't remember who I have had BTSC with, and how many times.
You never remember anything. You have had BTSC with me. In case you forgot. Remember when Scocub (I think) made us civvie ninja's together and we sucked balls? Worst civvie ninjas ever. That was back on LP.

I think I've only had btsc with SVS once a long time ago. Most people in this game I have never btsc'd with.
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Vompatti »

I notice I have two (2) votes already. I sure hope my team will protect me! :P
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I've actually never had BTSC with SVS... or BR I don't think... and we've been playing together for freakin forever.

Long Con wrote:I can't believe you can remember a thing like that. I've played so many Mafia games that I can't remember who I have had BTSC with, and how many times.
You never remember anything. You have had BTSC with me. In case you forgot. Remember when Scocub (I think) made us civvie ninja's together and we sucked balls? Worst civvie ninjas ever. That was back on LP.

I think I've only had btsc with SVS once a long time ago. Most people in this game I have never btsc'd with.
And for whatever reason, my baddie team usually ends up killing you early on. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 278

Post by S~V~S »

Black Rock wrote:

Twice before Fight Club. Once on LP, maybe Heroes? You were both on my team, you & LC. Then you & I were on the bad team in CabinFevers Freemasons game.

Why so quiet/no voting? You all waiting for me to make some stupid bonehead vote?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I haven't decided who to vote for, mainly because people keep saying I'm wrong, mainly about LC, SVS, and Bass. I haven't looked at Bass at all today though, so my vote won't go there.

Where are you voting SVS?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Still not sure, I will be home in about an hour to finish rereading. A few things have caught my eye but I want to reread in context.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Dom »

FZ. wrote:I'm voting now for Vomp, but I still want to know:
1. Why Bass thinks MM is a baddie? (so much that he voted for him when so many people had at least one vote)
2. Why did MM vote LC when he didn't have any votes. Basically the same question that I asked Bass.
3. What do you all make of DF voting as the last voter for himself. What's the point in even voting if you didn't have time to read? He had time to come and say that he doesn't have time, so he's voting for himself, and conveniently, it was after AP was almost a sure bet for the lynch. And then he comes in after the night and says Sabie probably saved herself.

linki: what are you saying?
If DFaraday is on a baddie team and avoided voting AP because he "knew he would be civvie" how does DFaraday know he isn't on the other baddie team?
Ricochet wrote:I mean she. Sorry. More d'oh.
That was not the first time you messed up Canuck's gender. Where did you learn it?
This.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote:
That was not the first time you messed up Canuck's gender. Where did you learn it?
From the person who posted right before I did, as well as all the others in this thread.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Its amazing how you always just pop up when people mention you.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:
From the person who posted right before I did, as well as all the others in this thread.
:evileye:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh sure, now people are suspicious of Ricochet. I was doing it before it was cool. :mafia:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:Its amazing how you always just pop up when people mention you.
Yes, I always do my best to reply to people who address me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:Oh sure, now people are suspicious of Ricochet. I was doing it before it was cool. :mafia:
I suspect MP far more than Ricochet. :p
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Hey everyone I am super sick and really need to take some nyquill so I need to vote now. I haven't caught up so I going to go ahead a vote MM again. I think he has been sticking up for a lot of people this games which I feel like he either knows they aren't on his baddie team so their is a good shot at them being civ, or they are on his team and he is just sticking up for them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:Oh sure, now people are suspicious of Ricochet. I was doing it before it was cool. :mafia:
For me it was since yesterday morning when he made that remark about the Big Case. He would post, then leave the site completely, he did not show as being here, then he would come back as soon as I spoke to him, reply, and leave again. Like someone posting from phone, flipping back and forth between sites. But this is a game with civ BTS so I don't want to jump to conclusions when someone new acts like they have BTS.

OK, gotta do some more reading.

Return to “Previous Jobs”