Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

Elohcin wrote:one more thing. We are talking about suspicions and suspicious behavior. But if more than half of us want nothing to do with lynching non-detectives....what are we suspicious of? It wouldn't be a good idea to try to appear civ or bad, detective or non-detective. I think I am over-thinking this too much to where I am only confusing myself further.
I mean, if you're a detective, you should want to lynch Kiras and not care about how you appear.

Are you a detective?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

boo wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm really glad boo wasted his vote on me, since he has decided to use it emotionally and not logically. It's better I hang onto it until he regains his senses.
Oh there's a logic to it. See, I want you lynched now. Because regardless of what's going on with Epi, I know you're thinking straight, I know you were trying to get me to spin out, I know you think you succeeded, and I know I'm now going to turn my attention to getting you lynched, because you were wrong, and made a series of very poor choices which have me very convinced you are a baddie.
That's fine. But do you still say Snowman hasn't had a chance to respond?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

My suspects right NOW:

FZ. still number 1

boo is number 2

Snowman is now number 3

(Russ, I don't think can be lynched so let's ignore him)

I will likely vote one of these. But I would like to hear from others, so I will bow out of the discussion unless you have anything to ask me directly.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

boo wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm really glad boo wasted his vote on me, since he has decided to use it emotionally and not logically. It's better I hang onto it until he regains his senses.
Oh there's a logic to it. See, I want you lynched now. Because regardless of what's going on with Epi, I know you're thinking straight, I know you were trying to get me to spin out, I know you think you succeeded, and I know I'm now going to turn my attention to getting you lynched, because you were wrong, and made a series of very poor choices which have me very convinced you are a baddie.
Awww snap Llama. You done poked the boo bear. Now you get the boo horns.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:
Hey boo. I think you fucked up. I am willing to vote for you. This isn't the alcohol talking. It's my judgment of you from this afternoon. You are inconsistent, incoherent, and involved in naughtiness.

I do not think you are a detective. That means I have to decide if you are Kira before I vote.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:
Hey boo. I think you fucked up. I am willing to vote for you. This isn't the alcohol talking. It's my judgment of you from this afternoon. You are inconsistent, incoherent, and involved in naughtiness.

I do not think you are a detective. That means I have to decide if you are Kira before I vote.
I think it's the alcohol talking.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:
Elohcin wrote:one more thing. We are talking about suspicions and suspicious behavior. But if more than half of us want nothing to do with lynching non-detectives....what are we suspicious of? It wouldn't be a good idea to try to appear civ or bad, detective or non-detective. I think I am over-thinking this too much to where I am only confusing myself further.
I mean, if you're a detective, you should want to lynch Kiras and not care about how you appear.

Are you a detective?
Are you trying to get me in trouble? You do remember game of champions, yes? And honestly, I am not sure it would be in my best interest to say I was a detective even if I were :p Shoot, even in the show, the detectives carry fake IDs

Linki: I can vouch that Epi is not drunk atm.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Does boo drink?
I haven't been. But I was thinking the same of you tbh.
I do and after catching up with this thread (again) I need one :wine: :martini:

While I pour myself a drink I'll try to get some thoughts together.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Are you a detective?
Are you trying to get me in trouble? You do remember game of champions, yes? And honestly, I am not sure it would be in my best interest to say I was a detective even if I were :p Shoot, even in the show, the detectives carry fake IDs

SPOILERS! :grrr:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Linki: I can vouch that Epi is not drunk atm.
:noble:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Turnip Head wrote:Any quick thoughts from your skimmings?
On my skimmings? Not really. When I skim most of it is just me seeing if people are talking about me. :p

Right now though, I'm not inclined to go after Snowman. If his only other game was one he had BTSC in and he was a lot more into that game than this one, then yeah it'd make sense that he wouldn't have BTSC and thus be less participatory here.

As for who I'll vote, not sure yet. Being that over half the roles are not detectives I'm almost tempted to go after anyone who leaves me feeling weird. :p SVS seems a bit odd to me mostly that she just seems really agreeable (like in the willing to agree sort of way) with everyone, but maybe she's just in a really good mood. :haha: Of the main suspects, I'm most inclined to vote llama, I don't know in a way it feels like he's just trying to take advantage of an easy target. :p I guess I just don't get the Snowman suspicion at the moment.

linki: Even if you were, Elo? ;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Are you a detective?

SPOILERS! :grrr:
The roles are spoilers ;)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DP, Eloh doesn't drink.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Except that one time. Tee hee.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Linki, I am in a really good mood :D
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

sorry llama, I didn't think that was a big deal. and I thought you were further along than us anyway
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S, I still feel strongly about a vote for FZ. However, these new boo revelations have me atingle. What say you?
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Epignosis wrote:DP, Eloh doesn't drink.
Was referring to/joking about this:
Elohcin wrote: And honestly, I am not sure it would be in my best interest to say I was a detective even if I were
Unless you're just kidding. In which case ignore this post. ;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Linki, I am in a really good mood :D
Hi :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:sorry llama, I didn't think that was a big deal. and I thought you were further along than us anyway
I was obviously joking, Eloh. :)

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:sorry llama, I didn't think that was a big deal. and I thought you were further along than us anyway
I was obviously joking, Eloh. :)
Don't speak to her. She hates liberty, as you well know.

I mean, she won't let me hook up with that cute girl from work. :shrug2:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:S~V~S, I still feel strongly about a vote for FZ. However, these new boo revelations have me atingle. What say you?
I am not voting for boo unless he says something really amazingly bad. While we have some philosophical differences re low posting and whether it's better to get rid of low posters from the perspective of PLAYERS v. ROLES, I am seeing his points more so than I am seeing yours or Llamas regarding Snowman.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I can never tell when you are joking and when you aren't llama.

Epi, that cute girl wouldn't have you baby. I'm saving your dignity.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:S~V~S, I still feel strongly about a vote for FZ. However, these new boo revelations have me atingle. What say you?
I am not voting for boo unless he says something really amazingly bad. While we have some philosophical differences re low posting and whether it's better to get rid of low posters from the perspective of PLAYERS v. ROLES, I am seeing his points more so than I am seeing yours or Llamas regarding Snowman.
So you do not think he contradicted himself and you do not think his claim that Snowman has not had a chance to defend himself is blatantly false (since Snowman came in and posted after I voted for him)?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

boo wrote:
Is that baddie behavior?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
What would boo have to do that's amazingly bad to get you to vote for him?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:I can never tell when you are joking and when you aren't llama.

I know where the grammatical side comes from around here.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ok, I now have a drink.

I read a lot of Boo's posts. I must admit I skimmed some of the day 0 posts as I think I got a good handle on his viewpoint. Boo is actually a difficult read. Some posts I find myself agreeing and saying "yes, good points sir!" and other times I am wondering when he got so confrontational. He has viewpoints I completely disagree with as well. I still suspect him and at this point he's the best I got.

Holy crap, I am NOT reading all of that linki!
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I can never tell when you are joking and when you aren't llama.

I know where the grammatical side comes from around here.
Ture. I am always llama.

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Black Rock wrote:Ok, I now have a drink.

I read a lot of Boo's posts. I must admit I skimmed some of the day 0 posts as I think I got a good handle on his viewpoint. Boo is actually a difficult read. Some posts I find myself agreeing and saying "yes, good points sir!" and other times I am wondering when he got so confrontational. He has viewpoints I completely disagree with as well. I still suspect him and at this point he's the best I got.

That must be some drink...took a while to get/make. What are you having?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
boo wrote:
Is that baddie behavior?
Trying to spin people out? Yes, I think so.

I have seen a civ do it, but I don't think it was a successful strategy for him, and the host flaked on the game before we could find out so, meh.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
boo wrote:
Is that baddie behavior?

I have seen a civ do it, but I don't think it was a successful strategy for him, and the host flaked on the game before we could find out so, meh.
Now what if llama spun boo to the point where he said something really amazingly bad?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Ok, I now have a drink.

That must be some drink...took a while to get/make. What are you having?
Just a rye and coke. It was the short post I made that took so long because I got distracted. :( It happens often, I'm starting to think I am developing ADHD or something.
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Ok, this. Trying to catch up before posting is ridiculously difficult. I've been reading post after post of perfect examples of 'manipulated facts'. Call it spin if you want. Saying someone is inconsistent, thus a baddie, doesn't mean its true, no matter how many times you say it.

And I've played with people who vote player x for lynch because player x killed them in their last game, and tons of other silly reasons for voting. Snowmans posts were not that far out in left field. Sounded like he just didn't feel like engaging at the time. And he's new, let him find his footing.

I am still wary of FZ, she raised points about Bea's posts that were good examples of her own style of posting. But at this point, I'm so weary of the manipulating nit-pickers that I'm probably going to vote one of them. They seem badder by the minute.

linkis- of course
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Matahari wrote:
Ok, this. Trying to catch up before posting is ridiculously difficult. I've been reading post after post of perfect examples of 'manipulated facts'. Call it spin if you want. Saying someone is inconsistent, thus a baddie, doesn't mean its true, no matter how many times you say it.

And I've played with people who vote player x for lynch because player x killed them in their last game, and tons of other silly reasons for voting. Snowmans posts were not that far out in left field. Sounded like he just didn't feel like engaging at the time. And he's new, let him find his footing.

I am still wary of FZ, she raised points about Bea's posts that were good examples of her own style of posting. But at this point, I'm so weary of the manipulating nit-pickers that I'm probably going to vote one of them. They seem badder by the minute.

linkis- of course
When did I say I thought boo was a baddie?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boo voted for llama, but boo is worried about people coming in and having a bandwagon?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
boo wrote:
Is that baddie behavior?

Now what if llama spun boo to the point where he said something really amazingly bad?
Innocent by reason of Spinsanity?
thellama73 wrote:
Matahari wrote:

linkis- of course
Why do you specifically think she is talking to you?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

thellama73 wrote:
Matahari wrote:

linkis- of course
Did you think I meant you? Why?

linki
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
boo wrote:
Is that baddie behavior?

Innocent by reason of Spinsanity?
You contradicted yourself. You're so bad. :smoky: I'm such a good baddie-catcher.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: Why do you specifically think she is talking to you?
I always think veryone is talking specifically to me. Why wouldn't they? I am well worth talking to.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So you won't whine & moan when you get lynched for evasive answers?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:So you won't whine & moan when you get lynched for evasive answers?
What question have I answered evasively? I think I have been very forthright. If I have missed one, kindly point me to it and I will answer it.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S...in case you missed it:
S~V~S wrote:
What would boo have to do that's amazingly bad to get you to vote for him?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I feel like there is a recurring theme this game, and it isn't related to Death Note.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I feel like there is a recurring theme this game, and it isn't related to Death Note.
What do you mean MM?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Epignosis wrote:Boo voted for llama, but boo is worried about people coming in and having a bandwagon?
Nice twisting, but it really doesn't work, you know. People can read how things really go in the thread, so why do you bother? It just makes you look like mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Boo voted for llama, but boo is worried about people coming in and having a bandwagon?
Nice twisting, but it really doesn't work, you know. People can read how things really go in the thread, so why do you bother? It just makes you look like mafia.
Who are you?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boo seems to have quite the army of defenders. Interesting that I get called evasive when my Avatar question still stands.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I feel like there is a recurring theme this game, and it isn't related to Death Note.
What do you mean MM?
That thing where people ask a question, don't get a response, and pursue the question to the ends of the earth.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I refuse to out other players even if my refusal to do so leads to others voting for me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”