Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well if any baddies missed that, there you go.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:Russ also made a pretty indepth case on Made a while back.
I'm not sure I'd agree with calling it in depth, it feels more to me like an "I've got my eye on you and here is why" post than a case, and I also think, based on the fact he didn't vote Made today, there must be a reason for that, that to him at least made FZ a more compelling choice.

But I'm still not really sure, because Russ himself hasn't seemed entirely convinced on either of them, he's just voiced suspicions, but not even in any great detail that makes me think he's entirely confident in them any more than any one else can be.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Good points, boo.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:Well if any baddies missed that, there you go.
I'm the baddie right? Anyway, I'm not the one who brought it to attention. Boo did. You can't all complain that we don't read the roles and then roll your eyes when we say the obvious.

I'm going with Bea, and fuck you all (and I rarely use that word).
Going to bed. I'm sick of this game
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Because outing civvies in the thread is totally a civvie thing to do.

Lynch FZ.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Matahari wrote:Reading ppl's defenses have struck me oddly. FZ is defending hard, but somehow, I don't think a civ would go that hard. Made has brought up accusations but its too little, too late. And the part about Russ is making me :huh: He has had plenty of time to talk about Bass before now too, I think my vote is going to the greater of 2 evils. voting Made
FZ- I posted.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also, for the record, I lied about my reasoning in thinking that Kira was not paying attention to the thread. In addition to the Black Rock stuff that I mentioned, that Kira hadn't killed Russ also struck me as odd, and indicated to me that Kira had not been paying attention to the thread. I just didn't want to say that. Until now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:Also, for the record, I lied about my reasoning in thinking that Kira was not paying attention to the thread. In addition to the Black Rock stuff that I mentioned, that Kira hadn't killed Russ also struck me as odd, and indicated to me that Kira had not been paying attention to the thread. I just didn't want to say that. Until now.
I think several of us had the same thought.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I actually want people to vote for me. The satisfaction in the "I told you so" would be so much greater than the enjoyment I'm currently experiencing from this game. And is there a contra colour to Sarcastic orange? Because I really need it.

NIght
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:and fuck you all (and I rarely use that word).
:(
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

yes DH that makes me very unhappy. Boo's post and FZ.'s subsequent post have turned me toward an FZ vote.

many linkis
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:Also, for the record, I lied about my reasoning in thinking that Kira was not paying attention to the thread. In addition to the Black Rock stuff that I mentioned, that Kira hadn't killed Russ also struck me as odd, and indicated to me that Kira had not been paying attention to the thread. I just didn't want to say that. Until now.
Ya. I just didn't agree with you. I still think bea is Light, and I think she still has the kill. If Ryuk is any of the handful of people I think it is, there's no way that got missed, which means other kills were a higher priority (have you looked at Naomi's role? It has less certainty, but is more focused, and assuming Raye has the same ability and it just passes down, that's a very risky role for Light to leave standing).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:yes DH that makes me very unhappy. Boo's post and FZ.'s subsequent post have turned me toward an FZ vote.

many linkis
Could I convince you to vote Made? :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
Ya. I just didn't agree with you. I still think bea is Light, and I think she still has the kill. If Ryuk is any of the handful of people I think it is, there's no way that got missed, which means other kills were a higher priority (have you looked at Naomi's role? It has less certainty, but is more focused, and assuming Raye has the same ability and it just passes down, that's a very risky role for Light to leave standing).
No doubt there are more dangerous roles out there, but it just strikes me as odd that Kira would pass up on a sure thing and risk taking out a Sympathizer or a Yotsuba in the process.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is going to be a VERY interesting lynch result.

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:This is going to be a VERY interesting lynch result.
What makes you say that?
Pov: you reading my takes
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
No doubt there are more dangerous roles out there, but it just strikes me as odd that Kira would pass up on a sure thing and risk taking out a Sympathizer or a Yotsuba in the process.
Just more risk vs reward, lots of that built into the roles. Or a concern that he was protected. Or they really aren't paying attention, in which case, oops. But I doubt it, and I think that has to be part of the conversation in deciding between FZ and Made.

I think one of them is Mikami, and I think that's the priority Kira to get (unless Higuchi has started killing, which I don't think is the case. So Mikami would be the one we could actually lynch to try and box in Light to having to hold onto the note to make him lynchable), I'm just still not sure which one of them better fits. I'd lean towards Made for overall playstyle being more in line with my suspected Mikami style, but FZ for what she has said during this lynch.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:yes DH that makes me very unhappy. Boo's post and FZ.'s subsequent post have turned me toward an FZ vote.

many linkis
Could I convince you to vote Made? :P
OH MY GOD I'm so confused now. Ok, convince me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

And of course, they both voted bea, so maybe they're both bad, agree with me, and are attempting some distancing in case they go down. That they didn't vote for each other to try and save themself makes me think that. So maybe they're both Kira (Mikami and Misa), and the choice doesn't even matter.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote:This is going to be a VERY interesting lynch result.
What makes you say that?
Nothing makes me say anything. I have free will.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh wait DH - I forgot i already voted. So sorry.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

boo wrote: I think one of them is Mikami, and I think that's the priority Kira to get (unless Higuchi has started killing, which I don't think is the case. So Mikami would be the one we could actually lynch to try and box in Light to having to hold onto the note to make him lynchable), I'm just still not sure which one of them better fits. I'd lean towards Made for overall playstyle being more in line with my suspected Mikami style, but FZ for what she has said during this lynch.
Well if it helps you make your decision, I'm Yotsuba.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

KILL HIM MP DO IT

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Made wrote:
boo wrote: I think one of them is Mikami, and I think that's the priority Kira to get (unless Higuchi has started killing, which I don't think is the case. So Mikami would be the one we could actually lynch to try and box in Light to having to hold onto the note to make him lynchable), I'm just still not sure which one of them better fits. I'd lean towards Made for overall playstyle being more in line with my suspected Mikami style, but FZ for what she has said during this lynch.
Well if it helps you make your decision, I'm Yotsuba.
I used to think so.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:Oh wait DH - I forgot i already voted. So sorry.
Crafty!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

DharmaHelper wrote:KILL HIM MP DO IT
already cleared it with him, i'm in the clear.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Made wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:KILL HIM MP DO IT
already cleared it with him, i'm in the clear.
With him maybe. :disappoint:

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

boo wrote:And of course, they both voted bea, so maybe they're both bad, agree with me, and are attempting some distancing in case they go down. That they didn't vote for each other to try and save themself makes me think that. So maybe they're both Kira (Mikami and Misa), and the choice doesn't even matter.
:haha:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

You know what? That does help. I'm still ok with lynching Yotsuba, nothing has changed in that regard since BWT. That was a bad move Made. And I don't really believe it still, but if that's the alignment you're going to claim, and I think FZ would actually claim detective, if you're both telling the truth and this lynch was never going to go well, you're the far better choice.

Voting made.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Wait, Made just outted himself?? And that was ok??

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Going into a further point, the majority of players in this game aren't detective, so why should everyone pretend they are anyways?

Detective's aren't even objectively civvies.
Re: JC, not an out. as my role is still secret.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm going to go with made. I for the life of me figure out why a civ made would work so hard to "trick" me then use it as a reason to call me bad.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Team claiming has never been against the rules. Team claiming is not role outing.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alignment claiming is technically OK, since any time someone says "I'm not bad" or "I'm a civilian", that person is technically alignment claiming, and is stating a statement that may or may not be true. If a Kira Sympathizer is stupid enough to say "I'm Kira's best buddy", that's not against the rules.

Role claiming or outing is, however, forbidden.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm playing Death Note Mafia.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

If what Made is claiming is true, than you people are 100% not lynching a Kira or a kira supporter :srsnod:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Made wrote:Going into a further point, the majority of players in this game aren't detective, so why should everyone pretend they are anyways?

Detective's aren't even objectively civvies.
Re: JC, not an out. as my role is still secret.
Yes they are, detectives need the killers dead to win. That's 1 Yotsuba and a bunch of people on an altered but still fairly recognizable baddie team. That's established. What it takes for the Yotsuba to win is not established, so whether their baddies, indies, or civvies, is only clear to them.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:If what Made is claiming is true, than you people are 100% not lynching a Kira or a kira supporter :srsnod:
What do you mean you people?

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:If what Made is claiming is true, than you people are 100% not lynching a Kira or a kira supporter :srsnod:
What do you mean you mean you people?

NOW TAKE A BIG STEP BACK, AND LITERALLY FUCK YOUR OWN FACE.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
I'm not the one voting for one of us
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think it's insane to vote for a confessed Yotsuba at this point in the game. We need to catch Kira, y'all.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:I think it's insane to vote for a confessed Yotsuba at this point in the game. We need to catch Kira, y'all.
Good job doing that
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:I think it's insane to vote for a confessed Yotsuba at this point in the game. We need to catch Kira, y'all.
You are correct Marty! Great Scott! To the Delorean!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I mean it would make sense from a Kira perspective wouldn't it? It'd be stupid to claim that everyone who votes for me is kira, but at the same time, Kira would likely be more admimate because they have no reason to second guess how helpful knowing who yotsuba could be for their win condition.

When i thought about posting my alignment immediately I thought detective would be weary, and Kira would be 100% against it. I'm still at that place, but i dunno, it's still interesting.
Game mechanic/theory y'all
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

It adds another complexity to an already well made game that could be fun to play with especially as we get closer to late game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

So this took a weird turn...
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Now the fun part where you all learn I lied :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

3 missing votes? You guys were doing so well before. :disappoint:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death Note Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 6

Who killed poor Zomberella12?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:14:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
bea
Turnip Head (2), Made (13), FZ. (17) 15%
Black Rock
No votes
boo
No votes
Boomslang
No votes
DharmaHelper
No votes
DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes
Epignosis
Metalmarsh89 (9) 5%
FZ.
Russtifinko (5), Epignosis (6), thellama73 (8), juliets (18) 20%
juliets
No votes
Made
DharmaHelper (4), Spacedaisy (7), zeek (12), Bass_the_Clever (14), Boomslang (15), Matahari (16), boo (19), bea (20) 40%
Matahari
No votes
Metalmarsh89
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
Spacedaisy
No votes
thellama73
No votes
Turnip Head
No votes
zeek
No votes
Kira killed during Night?!?! WTF?! (host, deadies, nons)
MovingPictures07 (1), birdwithteeth11 (3), S~V~S (10), AceofSpaces (11) 20%
Missing votes: Black Rock, DisgruntledPorcupine, Ricochet
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 6: Orange Is the New Lynched

MADE: Thoughts on the above, everyone?

The players continued talking, failing to acknowledge Made's input. Sockface began writing Made's name in the Lynch Note.

MADE: This is an intimidating investigation, but I still have thoughts, even if no one understands them and I am really busy. Everyone?

Still no one talked to him.

MADE: Epi, you thought DH was a detective, right?
EPIGNOSIS: Why do I get the feeling that you aren't really reading the thread?
MADE: I am, so that's a good question.
TURNIP HEAD: You're bad, Made, as I expect so much more out of you. Even if I voted for bea right away.
DHARMAHELPER: I agree.
MADE: For real, I'm trying. Why isn't anyone listening to me?

Made figured he would have to try something desperate.

MADE: OK, I'm Yotsuba.
DHARMAHELPER: Kill him!
BOO: Ya, that's the nail in your coffin, Made.

Suddenly, Made collapsed, dying of a heart attack.

Made has been lynched. He was Masahiko Kida.

It is now Night 6.

You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.

Return to “Previous Jobs”