54%

Total votes: 13
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 217

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ONE

Post by thellama73 »

Ambray wrote:
So nobody at all that has been posting has given you pings??
Well, He Man had exactly one post in the forty-eight hours of Day 0 and the First half of Day 1. Then I mentioned looking at low posters and now he has 13. Combined with the general incoherence of his posts, this worries me a bit.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Snow Dog »

Yes He man is coming on strong here.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Ambray »

thellama73 wrote:
Ambray wrote:
Well, He Man had exactly one post in the forty-eight hours of Day 0 and the First half of Day 1. Then I mentioned looking at low posters and now he has 13. Combined with the general incoherence of his posts, this worries me a bit.

You could say the exact same for me.

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

Still no one wants to weigh in on BWT.
THAT is speaking volumes to me.

Everyone else is just talking in circles and accusing any and everything that even dares to breathe in here. :shrug:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ambray wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Ambray wrote:

Everyone else is just talking in circles and accusing any and everything that even dares to breathe in here. :shrug:
Yes..interesting isn't it?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Zany Dex »

Epignosis wrote:
He-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Out of all the people who were in the lime light you didn't want to go there, instead you went for the people who you thought we're not going to defend themselves. This on its own speaks volumes to me.
So did thellama73. You didn't say a word to him.
He has enough heat I don't buy snow dog llama or Roxy are bad tbh, I think it's civvie on civvie.

You on the other hand are pinging the hell of me.

First you go after low posters

Then pulled on it you pull a switcheroo.

Not cool.

Linki x 2

I've said before I don't feel the need to endlessly speculate on a day zero poll they are normally just a way to start speculation which is cool. I didn't receive anything from day 0 to day one no prizes no info nothing so why should I bother?

Thanks llama for telling me I'm incoherent :D

Linki x 2 again
a stopped clock is right twice a day
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ambray wrote: Everyone else is just talking in circles and accusing any and everything that even dares to breathe in here. :shrug:
I was accusing people who WEREN'T daring to breathe, and you weren't happy with that either. Make up your mind.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Snow Dog wrote:
Ambray wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Ambray wrote:

Yes..interesting isn't it?
What is?

Well, I have nothing to add more here, so I'm taking a step back. Vibe isn't a fun one in here.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Epignosis »

He-Man wrote:

Not cool.
What?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow! There is so much going on; this will be a tough lynch choice, but not for lack of options. Most vocal Day 1 I've been a part of, anyway.

Just to weigh in on Snowie, having read him again, my gut is saying possibly civ. I think if he were a baddie, maybe he'd be getting "coached" to be less defensive when he's brought up. I know it's WIFOM-y, but gut doesn't always go on posts alone.

Ambray, I have no read at all on BWT yet. I had forgotten he was mentioned at all, actually; could you pull the posts?

And did Boogs steal Roxy's pic, or was that one his all along? If he did steal it, I'll be really confused by those 2.

SO MUCH Linki....can't deal with it right now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Epignosis wrote:
He-Man wrote:

Not cool.
What?
Maybe someone else can explain since I'm not making sense to you.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I have made up my mind. I'm voting for DisgruntledPorcupine. Why? Because my gut tells me to and because of the reasons I previously outlined for suspecting low posters. How can he be disgruntled and yet also be a porcupine? It makes no sense!

*Votes DP*

>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 50

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

He-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
He-Man wrote:

Not cool.
What?
I dont think youre making too much sense to anyone, tbh
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
He-Man wrote:

Not cool.
What?
First you try to pin suspicion on low posters

Then I (he Man) questioned you about it and you blamed LLama

Not OK

I think
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:
He-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
He-Man wrote:

Not cool.
What?
I'm sorry I could not eloquently explain my suspicion to your eyes, I will try harder to appease you in future :hug:
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 50

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

He-Man wrote:
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:
He-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
He-Man wrote:

Not cool.
What?
I'm sorry I could not eloquently explain my suspicion to your eyes, I will try harder to appease you in future :hug:
Haha thanks, i think youre misunderstanding epi though.
From what I can tell, epi is just saying that llama said the exact same thing even before epi did, yet epi is the only one youre going after. and i think youre thinking that epi is trying to pull your attention over to llama instead of him. youre both misunderstanding i think.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

He-Man, I didn't say I was leaning civvie on SD. I said I was unsure on which way to lean with him.

As for the fact that I've been brought up, yes, I did pull a switcheroo. Do I regret the fact that I said I wanted to take some time to decide on the Day 0 poll and then changed my mind so quickly? Absolutely. However, part of the reason I felt okay with changing my mind was because someone mentioned that waiting longer to vote in the poll could lead to potential baddie influence later on. And I went ahead and voted because I felt that suspicion was sound.

So while I don't regret the reason why I changed my mind, I kind of backed myself into a corner where I ended up making a switcheroo. I think it would be a bit silly to vote for me based on a Day 0 post where I did that. I mean, I'm sure it's something some people will be pinged by and keep an eye on, but it's not like I did a switcheroo on a lynch vote.

Also, I have to leave for work soon, so I will be voting Snow Dog. He's currently the person I feel most uncomfortable and I have previously explained why. I probably won't have a chance to post any at work tonight, otherwise I would hold my vote off. But as of right now I feel most comfortable with my choice.

Votes SD
Ambray
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ambray »

Russtifinko wrote:Wow! There is so much going on; this will be a tough lynch choice, but not for lack of options. Most vocal Day 1 I've been a part of, anyway.

Just to weigh in on Snowie, having read him again, my gut is saying possibly civ. I think if he were a baddie, maybe he'd be getting "coached" to be less defensive when he's brought up. I know it's WIFOM-y, but gut doesn't always go on posts alone.

Ambray, I have no read at all on BWT yet. I had forgotten he was mentioned at all, actually; could you pull the posts?

And did Boogs steal Roxy's pic, or was that one his all along? If he did steal it, I'll be really confused by those 2.

SO MUCH Linki....can't deal with it right now.
Here Ruff
Ambray wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Okay, so I'm all caught up now. Sorry for missing the party, but it was worth it; Sigur Ros is a fantastic band and they put on an absolutely amazing show.

Getting to read all of the posts straight in a row, I thought it was weird there was this sudden push out of nowhere for House early in the Day 0 period. Knowing that people have info, this could be a civvie push, but it easily also could have been a baddie push. If it was a baddie push, I thought BWT's flip flop on "discussion is good, why vote so early?" to "Well, I might as well vote early now" seemed a bit odd. Not sure if it was suspect, but it's something. If it was a civvie push, then I find it interesting Snow Dog tried to argue house, but maybe if he was a baddie trying to push a non-civvie option he wouldn't want to seem so obvious.

Ambray wrote:Woo game on! I promise not to put an early ending to this one for you Andrew. :yay:
Also, lol at this comment. Spongebob memories, good times.
I agree with what has been said about BWT here. You beat me to the punch in bringing him up.

In regards to Llama and Snow dog, I don't really know what to make of them - do I know them by another name?
Their play styles seem new to me, so I don't think I do. Very dog with a bone and throwing out some bait to see who takes. Feels to me anyway. What to make of that, I don't feel baddie necessarily..but you don't see people so gung-ho that early in the game too often! Interesting to see how others describe llama's previous gameplays, too.
Roxy I am just seeing as normal, typical Roxy.

linki - SVS has answered my question on if I know them or not. I'm typing this as I read through the thread. :D

not linki anymore, back to rambling thoughts - Snow Dog has just posted 4 snark-filled posts in a row. Although it is early in the game and hard to come to a conclusion such as this so early, but I am not feeling baddie from him. In that I am not feeling like he has teammates. Perhaps this is the time for me to look at the roles. :D

In regards to what BWT has posted just now..here are his posts with his D0 switch.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yay game!

Just checking in for now. I will be on a bit tonight but probably won't be that active until tomorrow since the girlfriend is over. I think it's nice that we have a longer Day 0 period to wait and see if anyone starts to push certain options. I also hope that we are able to get some fairly thoughtful Day 0 discussion going from it as well.

Robert/Epig, is there a reason you chose to vote so early when we have a lot of time to think the options over?
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Ambray wrote:I'm going to vote now, like I do in all these kind've polls. Especially as info in involved.

Talking just allows for influence. I'm voting home.
Hmmmmm....I hadn't thought of it that way. Maybe it would be better to go ahead and vote then.

I think I'll go with house. I'm not really interested in the bank unless we get money or something valuable mafia-related from it (and there's no evidence that will happen). And I've never been on a ship so I'm not sure if I would suffer from seasickness or not. Plus I prefer the thought of having my feet on the ground, so I will go with home.

Votes Home
Now I personally reading those get the impression from his initial post that he had thought of it that way before. From this sentence "I think it's nice that we have a longer Day 0 period to wait and see if anyone starts to push certain options."
To me that indicates that he'll wait to see who is trying to influence, then I would suppose vote in a different direction or try to ascertain whether that influence is civvie/baddie? I don't know, either way, that sentence tells me he was looking to wait for a push and influence.

So his explanation above does not sit with me at all.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 27

Post by LittleTiger »

I have just read through Day 0 and what struck me was Snow Dog pushing for Ship and twisting Roxy into a pretzel. Epignosis voted Ship early. Then, FH who really DID push for ship and made all kinds of logical reasons why. Next was BWT who made a remarkably similar post as he did in the MOTU game wherein he calls someone OOT. MP wanted to vote for Bank but "slipped" in the poll and voted House.

Now I will read today's posts....
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

LittleTiger wrote:I have just read through Day 0 and what struck me was Snow Dog pushing for Ship and twisting Roxy into a pretzel. Epignosis voted Ship early. Then, FH who really DID push for ship and made all kinds of logical reasons why. Next was BWT who made a remarkably similar post as he did in the MOTU game wherein he calls someone OOT. MP wanted to vote for Bank but "slipped" in the poll and voted House.

I don't know how many times I will have to say this. I didn't push for ship. Never. I voted ship. That's all.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Snow Dog wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:I have just read through Day 0 and what struck me was Snow Dog pushing for Ship and twisting Roxy into a pretzel. Epignosis voted Ship early. Then, FH who really DID push for ship and made all kinds of logical reasons why. Next was BWT who made a remarkably similar post as he did in the MOTU game wherein he calls someone OOT. MP wanted to vote for Bank but "slipped" in the poll and voted House.

I don't know how many times I will have to say this. I didn't push for ship. Never. I voted ship. That's all.
Yes, you did vote for ship. But your conversation afterwards with Roxy seemed to be about you trying to persuade people that House was not a good choice and twisting her words. Just stating my impression as I read through, that is all. Doesn't mean I am ready to vote you at the moment.
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by blindfaeth »

Oh awesome I have more time to vote than I thought, I'm sure boogs and I will post later when I get to his house. I still want to vote for MP the most, I wonder if anyone would humor me and reread his post about the house possibly not being a civvie option and then get back to me? I think he surely must be a baddie.

If no one will bite that hook I suppose I can settle for llama. But I'm far less sure of him.

Linki lt
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

LittleTiger wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Yes, you did vote for ship. But your conversation afterwards with Roxy seemed to be about you trying to persuade people that House was not a good choice and twisting her words. Just stating my impression as I read through, that is all. Doesn't mean I am ready to vote you at the moment.
That wasn't it at all. I was just challenging voters views that we had no house. I wasn't trying to persuade anyone of anything. But I see now what people are thinking. No...I did not give a damn who voted what.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

This makes me more convinced epig is likely mafia.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:I have made up my mind. I'm voting for DisgruntledPorcupine. Why? Because my gut tells me to and because of the reasons I previously outlined for suspecting low posters. How can he be disgruntled and yet also be a porcupine? It makes no sense!

*Votes DP*
Curiouser and curiouser, you. You're voting for DP today? Really? Your reasoning is not sound at all. DP is a notoriously low poster...especially in the early days. I've seen him go days without posting only to show up later and really get into the game.

Couple that with you twisting Roxy's words...which you very much did do whether you want to admit it or not...and I feel comfortable voting for you today.

Vote: llama
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I'm sorry. I think I got Snow Dog confused with llama there about twisting Roxy's words as they were both a part of that convo. Nevertheless, as I was suspicious of them both, I'd still vote for llama for the DP vote and reason for it.
Some day, Some day
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ZERO

Post by LittleTiger »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Dead Stevie was a n00b then?

Er...so am I. My brains would have been on the buffet too, so RIP Stevie.

Does this mean another choice might have been superior? I don't know. I am considering the idea that Stevie would have died no matter what, and that this was merely (or mostly) a matter of choosing how. A way to spur discussion. But Kate said there is info, so that must be taken into consideration.
What are your thoughts, Robert, on how Day 0 went down? Do you think anyone (or more than one player) seemed to be pushing any particular option in a way that caused you to notice as suspicious?

That being said, I think the discussion from the end part of Day 0 through the rest of Day 1 might be more telling on its own than just the Day 0 discussion, but I would like to re-read things again. I noticed a few others said they tend to perceive the push for house as civvie, but I'm not necessarily convinced. Was it Russ who said so many people agreed and thus people wouldn't be as gullible? That was an interesting point, not one I necessarily agree with because I have seen boon polls where the baddie option was overwhelmingly voted for. I think it's a combination of (1) what llama said earlier about house seeming the most safe option, based on how it was portrayed in the host post, (2) in addition to particular logical game-based arguments for it, was what might have pushed it so far ahead. What I wonder is just if it was indeed the baddie option, coincidentally, and if anyone eagerly hopped on that bandwagon without giving much of a reason. I'm actually thinking that might be more likely as suspicious currently than someone actively seriously arguing for house (if it is the bad option, assumption).

And all of THAT being said, I don't necessarily think it was the baddie option, so that may easily be moot. I think what's more notable is what seemed to develop from how people have reacted to Day 0, to each other, etc.

What? Now you are trying to paint the House option as "bad"? Why? So we will not look at the Ship/Bank voters? You did want to vote for Bank, right?

You have a way about you when you are a baddie, MP. You post a LOT of "content" that makes you seem civvie, but when you say things like this, it is my experience that you are actually a baddie trying to seem civvie :)

I am keeping a very close eye on you this game, Mr Baddie McBaddikins :srsnod:
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:I'm sorry. I think I got Snow Dog confused with llama there about twisting Roxy's words as they were both a part of that convo. Nevertheless, as I was suspicious of them both, I'd still vote for llama for the DP vote and reason for it.
I'd like to know how I twisted her words.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I would like to respectfully request that people don't lynch me, as I am not a baddie.

Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

thellama73 wrote:I would like to respectfully request that people don't lynch me, as I am not a baddie.
Lol :biggrin:

Ok :feb:
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
reywaS wrote:I'm sorry. I think I got Snow Dog confused with llama there about twisting Roxy's words as they were both a part of that convo. Nevertheless, as I was suspicious of them both, I'd still vote for llama for the DP vote and reason for it.
You said that she said something that she did not. Then you came back and said that she simply implied it....which she did not.
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
You said that she said something that she did not. Then you came back and said that she simply implied it....which she did not.
Yes but I admitted it at the time she did not say it, it was my mistake. But she definitely implied it as you can see for yourself.

But anyway why is this relevant? I am mafia because I argue with someone? At this stage House was going to win anyway so I had absolutely nothing to gain. And even though house won Stevie died..so you are totally sure it was the correct choice still?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Elohcin »

He-Man wrote:
Ambray wrote:
Ambray wrote:I'm a notorious low poster? Ouch, my feelings. :|

But Dex is right, quantity over quality.
Oh my gosh, quality over quantity.

What is up with me and confusing my words suddenly..

Okay, I'll be honest, this isn't sudden at all. >.>
Alright babes :D

@snow dog, I said epig was being hypocritical because he is willing to punish the low posters in this game but not the game he is hosting. I find it strange. I realise its still continuing a cant really be discussed but since its obvious I felt a need to say it.

So epig why punish the low posters in this game all of a sudden?

Linki
I know I said we may want to lynch Snow Dog earlier, but there were much fewer posts at the time and he seemed to be the only one (other than low posters) that we could point our finger at. However, now I am being pinged by He-Man. He mentions that Epig is being hypocritical by wanting to punish low posters here (by voting for one of them) but does not punish them in MOTU which he is hosting. Obviously, as a host, Epig must stay neutral. He cannot punish low posters in MOTU. He can, however, look at low posters in this game as trying to fly under the radar (which is what I think many baddies will do). I think baddies will do one of two things - be a low poster to try and fly under the radar or come out aggressive and pointing fingers for no good reason just to try to get the attention of players off of them while keeping their post counts up. I think that He-Man is doing the latter. I also feel bad for LT. He-Man seems to defend her a good deal as a low poster which makes me think that he may have BTSC with her which would mean she is baddie as well. Way to call out a teammate there He-Man. :disappoint:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

How have I defended LT a great deal?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Elohcin »

He-Man wrote:Also look my post count is going up.

It's not about quantity it's about quality. I could spam the thread and get a 100 posts hmm I'm sure I did that in MOTU and I was bad.

Anyways looking at the low posters russ IMO has been making some sense and his posts seem ok with me albeit a few.

I can't account for LT but the others are notorious low posters, maybe LT just wants a bit of a break, she plays loads of mafia and never seen her play an extreme because of allegiance.

Epic has my eye now. That's for sure.
Here is is. Sorry, took me a minute to find.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Elohcin wrote:
He-Man wrote:Also look my post count is going up.

It's not about quantity it's about quality. I could spam the thread and get a 100 posts hmm I'm sure I did that in MOTU and I was bad.

Anyways looking at the low posters russ IMO has been making some sense and his posts seem ok with me albeit a few.

I can't account for LT but the others are notorious low posters, maybe LT just wants a bit of a break, she plays loads of mafia and never seen her play an extreme because of allegiance.

Epic has my eye now. That's for sure.
Here is is. Sorry, took me a minute to find.
That's defending a 'good deal''!? I'm sure the people who have played with me a 'good deal' would give me more credit that you are giving me.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Elohcin wrote:
He-Man wrote:
Ambray wrote:
Ambray wrote:I'm a notorious low poster? Ouch, my feelings. :|

But Dex is right, quantity over quality.
Oh my gosh, quality over quantity.

What is up with me and confusing my words suddenly..

Okay, I'll be honest, this isn't sudden at all. >.>
Alright babes :D

@snow dog, I said epig was being hypocritical because he is willing to punish the low posters in this game but not the game he is hosting. I find it strange. I realise its still continuing a cant really be discussed but since its obvious I felt a need to say it.

So epig why punish the low posters in this game all of a sudden?

Linki
I know I said we may want to lynch Snow Dog earlier, but there were much fewer posts at the time and he seemed to be the only one (other than low posters) that we could point our finger at. However, now I am being pinged by He-Man. He mentions that Epig is being hypocritical by wanting to punish low posters here (by voting for one of them) but does not punish them in MOTU which he is hosting. Obviously, as a host, Epig must stay neutral. He cannot punish low posters in MOTU. He can, however, look at low posters in this game as trying to fly under the radar (which is what I think many baddies will do). I think baddies will do one of two things - be a low poster to try and fly under the radar or come out aggressive and pointing fingers for no good reason just to try to get the attention of players off of them while keeping their post counts up. I think that He-Man is doing the latter. I also feel bad for LT. He-Man seems to defend her a good deal as a low poster which makes me think that he may have BTSC with her which would mean she is baddie as well. Way to call out a teammate there He-Man. :disappoint:
What? And this coming from a Ship voter? :ponder:

Where has He-Man defended me? I did see where he responded to a post by Epig listing low posters....

And why is he-man a baddie, exactly? Oh, right... Epignosis thinks he is posting nonsense (I must say, I find people saying this about He-man's posts to be a bit off - I can understand what he is saying. He posts from an iPad so, as those of us who have used tablets or phones know, sometimes they are hard to type on).

I have no BTSC in this game.

I might call your post a defense of Epignosis - another Ship voter ;)

Also, the fact that you say you were planning on voting Snow Dog also catches my eye - he is certainly the most easily lynchable today, so baddies will definitely be wanting to hop that bandwagon if it rolls. But now, this attention on He-Man is catching MY eye given that it is coming from Ship voters ;)

As for Snow Dog, I don't think I will be voting his way as his later posts make me think that he was just diving into the game and asking questions - but it got out of hand. Doesn't make him a baddie.
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

LT, you're noticing many of the same things I have been noticing.

I will be considering a vote for (in no particular order): Epi, Elohcin, MoPi - maybe a few others as the day progresses.

With a secondary :eye: on a couple other people.

@ Snow Dog - whether or not you're new to mafia is having a very strong bearing on my read of you right now, so you really might want to consider that it could be important. (At least a little.) :)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 292
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy crap, this is a lot of posts and way too much bickering for my taste. Let's cool down a bit, everyone, and try to analyze what's going on here.

I think people need to realize that we're all different and we come about our votes and suspicions differently than each other, and I realize that sounds silly and we all already know that, but I think it especially bares remembering after what I've read with today's discussion. I know I get frustrated with people who randomize early on, but to give DP as an example, that's usually what he does because most of the time as a civvie he takes a while to get engaged in the game and feel confident enough in his thoughts. I realize on the flipside he can use that as a tactic to hide from making a commitment early on when he's baddie, but it's just what he does. I think nearly everything I've seen from everyone this game has just been indicative of how they view mafia through their eyes; it doesn't mean they're bad. Llama is a very logical person who does not understand Rox's more emotional, passionate style, and Rox is rightfully offended by aggressive because to her that implies a negative connotation. It's just really two different people with different personalities clashing. Same with Epignosis and He-Man, to some degree. They both seem like their regular selves. Whether any of these people are good or bad, I think it's silly for anyone to say so confidently one way or the other at the moment. I do feel there are some minor pings going around in this giant discussion, so I could end up voting any of these people, but I just don't know yet, and that's how I'm reading all of this. I feel the back and forths are currently clouding my judgment, especially because we have so little to base on currently.

That being said, I don't know what to make of Snow Dog still, although I do think he's been overreacting in general with a few of his posts.

I don't see anything different from llama that indicates to me civvie or baddie one way or the other. Similar with Snow Dog (with the exception of him seeming just a bit overreactive). It's just both of their personalities and posting styles.

I also think the quality over quantity has some weight, but there is something to be said still about people who continuously refuse to participate or add much to the discussion (and thus they are on the lower to moderately low end of the post count). There are some exceptions to that, Russ being one of them. I don't think Epig is suspect for his thoughts there, but he could be baddie. I'm not sure about him either.

I agree with Ambray/SoFi that BWT's posts have been a bit odd. Not sure that means he's baddie, because I've lynched him notoriously before for weird switcheroos and flip flops and he flipped civvie, but I have noticed he does that a bit more as a baddie, so I have an eye on him.

S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Triple post, sorry, but another line of logic I thought was a bit strange was that the House would protect us from NKs. That could very well be true, but FH seemed to indicate that enemies can possibly spawn inside the house as well, and wouldn't the house be cornering yourself then, in that regard?

Let's just hope I'm being paranoid and that, if this is a boon poll, the civvies were pushing this one.
I don't expect we'll be protected, my view of this was that the House seemed a more civvie choice based on its protective value, not that it would literally protect anyone. In this game the protector protects you by inviting you into his house:
Charming Hostess Said: Villager - Each night the villager will choose a number which is associated with a player who has a night power, the villiager will trade with the associated role. The villager will give the other player a place to stay thus protecting him from ALL night targets. In exchange, the villager will receive the other player's power for the night. The Villiager will not know the identity of the player, only the role he traded with.
So we'll see.
And I meant to ask about this too, what exactly do you mean? I mean, if it wouldn't protect us from NKs, what kind of protective value do you mean?
I meant in general, it seemed like the CIVVIEST OPTION BASED ON THE FACT THAT IT WAS A PROTECIVE OPTION (I capslocked this since it is pretty much what i already said, lol, I guess you needed emphasis). I did not mean I thought it was "literally" protective, I meant the protective nature of "House" in general within the context of THIS game made it feel "civvie" to me.

So I guess i still think it was the civvie option.
I'm sorry, this still doesn't really make sense to me, maybe because I'm taking it too literally. Thanks for explaining though. :)

blindfaeth wrote:i dont even know what ennui means lol. hope its not a bad word, if so, shame on me, I'll wash my mouth out with soap.

I'm still uncomfortable with llama's back & forth with Roxy. I'm also uncomfortable with MP's thoughts on why the house might not be a civvie option. :ponder:

linki with Boogs :hug:
Why is that? Are you saying you know house was the civvie option? Because I don't necessarily think anymore that house was the baddie option, nor did I ever say I was convinced it was, but I was merely explaining how everything read to me upon reading it all at once and when I first read it.

Elohcin wrote:RIP Stevie. I do agree that he would have died no matter which task we chose. It needed to happen to get the game rolling.

Even though it is difficult to know who to lynch so early in the game, someone must be voted for and Snow Dog does seem most suspicious as others have pointed out.
Why? This post reeks a bit too blendy for my taste and it really caught my eye.

Epignosis wrote:
Were I a gambling man (and I am), and I had to wager the contents of my wallet ($15 and a coupon for a free waffle), I would bet that much of the evil may be found in the moderate-to-low posters (say, 2-5 posts). That's excluding Mr. Sock, because he's noisy no matter what. :evileye: ;)

Bad folks know that, generally speaking, a conflict of any sort provides the impetus for a lynch. For that reason, I am not comfortable lynching Day 0 disputers. The prospect smells bad- bad and convenient.

The moderate posters include DisgruntledPorcupine, Ambray, LittleTiger, >SpaghettiEverywhere, indiglo, He-Man, Elohcin, & Russtifinko. I think that's everyone. If I don't hear from these people this morning, and barring further developments, that is likely where my vote is heading.
I've spoken a bit about this already, but it's an interesting observation. I don't necessarily agree with the logic, but if you want to use that to base your D1 vote decision, feel free. It doesn't mean I'll give you a free pass for it.

Boogs wrote:
Ambray wrote:I never have and never will vote for a low poster on D1. To me, it's just bad form. It's been a day or 2, you can't even begin to make conclusions from how 'loud' someone has been after so little time. Further in the game, sure.

I'm surprised this has even been brought up from the more experienced players. Not with Llama, as he is fairly new. But Rey? :ponder:
I think after observing more, voting for someone being a low poster can be a double edged sword. We can say yes, most likely a baddie is hiding and being quiet and not posting at all, but we risk killing a civvie on our team by just voting randomly for someone at the same time :/ Im basing my vote again on either Snow or Llama. Seems now Epi and Rey are being targeted too so there are a lot of scrambles.
Why would you limit yourself to voting amongst those who are being named as suspicious by others, or am I misunderstanding you here? I got this impression a bit from your post and it caught my eye.

These are interesting thoughts, LT. I actually thought FH seemed to wobble the options a little too much for my liking as well and I was actually thinking of saying something about that once I got some time today, but I thought it was a pretty small point on its own.

And as to my accidentally voting house when I was going to vote bank, let me clarify my train of thought. I didn't really feel I wanted to vote one option over any other because it didn't matter by that point, but I decided to use my vote as a statement for bank because my gut was telling me there was a push in the beginning for house (and I explained this).

blindfaeth wrote:Oh awesome I have more time to vote than I thought, I'm sure boogs and I will post later when I get to his house. I still want to vote for MP the most, I wonder if anyone would humor me and reread his post about the house possibly not being a civvie option and then get back to me? I think he surely must be a baddie.

If no one will bite that hook I suppose I can settle for llama. But I'm far less sure of him.

Linki lt
Why is this again? How can I surely be a baddie because that was my thought on how things went down at the time based on how I read the thread and I had no info?

LittleTiger wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Dead Stevie was a n00b then?

Er...so am I. My brains would have been on the buffet too, so RIP Stevie.

Does this mean another choice might have been superior? I don't know. I am considering the idea that Stevie would have died no matter what, and that this was merely (or mostly) a matter of choosing how. A way to spur discussion. But Kate said there is info, so that must be taken into consideration.
What are your thoughts, Robert, on how Day 0 went down? Do you think anyone (or more than one player) seemed to be pushing any particular option in a way that caused you to notice as suspicious?

That being said, I think the discussion from the end part of Day 0 through the rest of Day 1 might be more telling on its own than just the Day 0 discussion, but I would like to re-read things again. I noticed a few others said they tend to perceive the push for house as civvie, but I'm not necessarily convinced. Was it Russ who said so many people agreed and thus people wouldn't be as gullible? That was an interesting point, not one I necessarily agree with because I have seen boon polls where the baddie option was overwhelmingly voted for. I think it's a combination of (1) what llama said earlier about house seeming the most safe option, based on how it was portrayed in the host post, (2) in addition to particular logical game-based arguments for it, was what might have pushed it so far ahead. What I wonder is just if it was indeed the baddie option, coincidentally, and if anyone eagerly hopped on that bandwagon without giving much of a reason. I'm actually thinking that might be more likely as suspicious currently than someone actively seriously arguing for house (if it is the bad option, assumption).

And all of THAT being said, I don't necessarily think it was the baddie option, so that may easily be moot. I think what's more notable is what seemed to develop from how people have reacted to Day 0, to each other, etc.

What? Now you are trying to paint the House option as "bad"? Why? So we will not look at the Ship/Bank voters? You did want to vote for Bank, right?

You have a way about you when you are a baddie, MP. You post a LOT of "content" that makes you seem civvie, but when you say things like this, it is my experience that you are actually a baddie trying to seem civvie :)

I am keeping a very close eye on you this game, Mr Baddie McBaddikins :srsnod:
That is how my gut felt when I read the thread. I did want to vote for bank, yes.

I always post a lot of content. I don't understand what you're saying here. I understand you wanting to keep a close eye on me because of past games, so to quote LoRab, eye me all you want.

Tons of linkitis but I have to go eat now and study and other things. Be back to vote later. Elohcin, I realize you might have clarified more in your post above there, so let me read that later when I have some more time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 292
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

One more thought before I go, but did anyone get anything from voting any of their options? I'm very curious here, but I'm not allowed if we can openly discuss this either and I wanted to wait to say anything to see what others would say first.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Kate wrote: no reproduction of host PMs
We do not discuss prizes!

I am assuming this means we can't discuss what happened due to the Day 0 poll one way or the other.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:It's just really two different people with different personalities clashing.
This is my read of the situation as well, which is why I don't suspect Roxy at this point.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

indiglo wrote:

I am assuming this means we can't discuss what happened due to the Day 0 poll one way or the other.
Now this is interesting. Indiglo seems to have gotten a PM from Kate after the Day 0 poll. I certainly did not get one.

Hmm.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
indiglo wrote:

Now this is interesting. Indiglo seems to have gotten a PM from Kate after the Day 0 poll. I certainly did not get one.

Hmm.
Possibly some of them got btsc like in MacGyver?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

thellama73 wrote:
indiglo wrote:

Hmm.
How do you get that from her posting something from the Host Rules in response to MP asking about it?
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Yes but I admitted it at the time she did not say it, it was my mistake. But she definitely implied it as you can see for yourself.

But anyway why is this relevant? I am mafia because I argue with someone? At this stage House was going to win anyway so I had absolutely nothing to gain. And even though house won Stevie died..so you are totally sure it was the correct choice still?
No, what makes me suspicious of you is you continuing to say that Roxy "implied" something that she clearly did not. You can't just say, "hey, guys, I made a mistake.'' Well, you did do that, but then you said that she didn't say it but implied it. HEre, let me pull the quote one more time.
Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:Got a busy day ahead of me at The National Zoo so I need to vote now.

Glad there was some discussion and I am picking Home. I do not want to be outside for the Zombies to find. Nothing better than being home and sleeping in your own bed.

Happy Monday all! <3
"I do not want to be outside for the zombies to find."

That is where you said she implied that we had no house. I DO NOT WANT TO BE OUTSIDE FOR THE ZOMBIES TO FIND. By your logic every single person that voted for the house was "implying" that we didn't have a house. She voted for the house because she wnated to be inside of it.

I think you are suspicious because in my experience baddies are a lot less likely to admit that they misinterpreted something. Civvies are much more likely to admit mistakes.
Some day, Some day
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

LittleTiger wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
indiglo wrote:

Hmm.
How do you get that from her posting something from the Host Rules in response to MP asking about it?
I don't see why you would bring up not being able to reproduce host PMs if you didn't receive a host PM.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

No, what makes me suspicious of you is you continuing to say that Roxy "implied" something that she clearly did not. You can't just say, "hey, guys, I made a mistake.'' Well, you did do that, but then you said that she didn't say it but implied it. HEre, let me pull the quote one more time.
Snow Dog wrote:
Roxy wrote:Got a busy day ahead of me at The National Zoo so I need to vote now.

Glad there was some discussion and I am picking Home. I do not want to be outside for the Zombies to find. Nothing better than being home and sleeping in your own bed.

Happy Monday all! <3
"I do not want to be outside for the zombies to find."

That is where you said she implied that we had no house. I DO NOT WANT TO BE OUTSIDE FOR THE ZOMBIES TO FIND. By your logic every single person that voted for the house was "implying" that we didn't have a house. She voted for the house because she wnated to be inside of it.

I think you are suspicious because in my experience baddies are a lot less likely to admit that they misinterpreted something. Civvies are much more likely to admit mistakes.
Well I did admit my mistake. :WTF:

And you are correct. A lot of people who voted house seemed to assume we didnt have one. That was my whole point all along. I was trying to be helpful to everyone. saying "Hey don't worry, we do have a house, don't let THAT be the reason to vote for it.

But pulling up Roxy's quote again proves she did imply that she didn't think she had a house and needed to build one to be able to stay indoors safely. And I say again, by this time house was certain to win anyway, so where do I gain if I am a mafia?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

thellama73 wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
indiglo wrote:

Hmm.
I don't see why you would bring up not being able to reproduce host PMs if you didn't receive a host PM.

:haha:

What a strange thought process :ponder:

MP asked a question, Indiglo answered with a post about the rules and you deduce that Indiglo must have received a PM from that... very strange.

Anyway, this could end up being much ado about nothing - but given that there ARE rules concerning this subject, I think it best that we leave it here :)
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I seriously do not understand where you are getting that from. Nowhere in that post does she imply that we don't have a house.

"I DO NOT WANT TO BE OUTSIDE FOR THE ZOMBIES TO FIND."

To me that says that shes voting for house....not because there isn't one to be had...but because she wants to be inside of it.

I'll let it go for now, but I do find it very strange that you can't admit you are wrong about any implication that she did not make.
Some day, Some day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:I seriously do not understand where you are getting that from. Nowhere in that post does she imply that we don't have a house.

"I DO NOT WANT TO BE OUTSIDE FOR THE ZOMBIES TO FIND."

To me that says that shes voting for house....not because there isn't one to be had...but because she wants to be inside of it.

I'll let it go for now, but I do find it very strange that you can't admit you are wrong about any implication that she did not make.
It does imply it. You just refuse to accept it.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”